Micro 447: Shameless Mafia -- Game Over!

Micro Games (9 players or fewer). Archived during the 2023 queue overhaul.
insanity018
insanity018
Mafia Scum
insanity018
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #1200 (ISO) » Sun Apr 05, 2015 12:10 am

Post by insanity018 »

Frank wakes up in Mexico with no idea how (or when) he got there.

Frank: Did I miss Christmas?

A local: Christmas? You almost missed Easter!

Votecount 5.1

Not Voting
(3): Aneninen, Toon Fighter, Alchemist21

With 3 alive, it takes 2 to lynch.

Deadline
: (expired on 2015-04-19 09:00:00)

Toon Fighter is V/LA until Tuesday.
Aneninen
Aneninen
He
Very Important Pigeon
Aneninen
He
Very Important Pigeon
Very Important Pigeon
Pronoun: He

Post Post #1201 (ISO) » Sun Apr 05, 2015 10:54 pm

Post by Aneninen »

Meanwhile, try to summarize your cases against each other. (It seems that neither of you think that I'm the scum. This is a correct observation. But if you have a case against me, summarize that too.)
I'll collect everything about you two as well.

I think it'd be the best if I vote first. After all I'm not cleared and if I vote first I can't derphammer any of you.
Alchemist21
Alchemist21
He/Him
Jack of All Trades
Alchemist21
He/Him
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades
Pronoun: He/Him

Post Post #1202 (ISO) » Mon Apr 06, 2015 5:04 am

Post by Alchemist21 »

If you vote first scum could quickhammer of you're wrong.
Alchemist21
Alchemist21
He/Him
Jack of All Trades
Alchemist21
He/Him
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #1203 (ISO) » Mon Apr 06, 2015 5:24 am

Post by Alchemist21 »

Anyway, I'll have my case up later today or tomorrow. I'm kinda busy today.
Aneninen
Aneninen
He
Very Important Pigeon
Aneninen
He
Very Important Pigeon
Very Important Pigeon

Post Post #1204 (ISO) » Mon Apr 06, 2015 9:22 am

Post by Aneninen »

First aspect. Let's see the VCAs!

Day1

(1) Alchemist joined the TierShift wagon instantly.
(2) But, he left it (for an Unvote) shortly after Dodgy joined it.
(3) Meanwhile ToonFighter wasn't voting, and later he started voting for me.
(4) ToonFighter joined the Dodgy-wagon.
(5) Alchemist started the Shos-wagon.
(6) At 1.8 both TierShift and Alchemist voted for Shos.
(7) ToonFighter joined the Shos-wagon to put him at L–1. (1.12)
(8) ToonFighter re-launched the TierShift wagon. (1.15)
(9) The wagon didn't reach lynch. Alchemist wasn't there. (After his last Day1 post he wasn't active on the site. So, we don't know whether he'd hammer TierShift.)

(1) and (2) : maybe a scumtell for Alchemist.
The fact that the Shos-wagon gained momentum as a counter for TierShift is another point against Alchemist. (5)
(6) could be either very dumb or very desperate from the scumteam if Alchemist is scum.
(7) may have come from a scum-ToonFighter.
(8) strongly suggests that ToonFighter is town. He could have pushed any other wagon but TierShift. (Okay, we can't rule out Day1 bussing entirely, but in a 7:2 Closed Setup it's very, very risky!)

________

Day2

(9) ToonFighter instantly voted for me.
(10) Alchemist voted for Druuge in (2.2) (that's the Dodgy-slot)
(11) ToonFighter appeared on the ArcAngel wagon.
(12) Alchemist joined the ArcAngel wagon and put it at L–1. The hammer came from TierShift after a long time.

This day is not too informative. According to these votes both of them could be scum.

________

Day3

(13) Nothing happened for a long time. Before 3.12 the only vote was TierShift's one on me.
(14) Alchemist started the ThisChristmas wagon.
(15) Then he joined the TierShift wagon.
(16) ToonFighter joined the Aneninen wagon (3.16)
(17) TierShift got lynched. ToonFighter was away from the wagon.

(13) is null, because we were afraid of voting.
(15) might have been bussing but might have been a genuine vote as well.
(16) is strange: it's not too likely that both scums were voting for me at that time. (If one scum is away, he/she can derphammer at L–1.)
However, (17) is against ToonFighter.

As for Day4, although Alchemist was for NoLynch, he never voted for NoLynch. (I don't know whether it is informative or not.)

________

Summary.
As for the VCA, Alchemist looks scummier, especially because of Day1. On the other hand, it doesn't clear ToonFighter at all.

I'll examine the interactions next.
Aneninen
Aneninen
He
Very Important Pigeon
Aneninen
He
Very Important Pigeon
Very Important Pigeon

Post Post #1205 (ISO) » Mon Apr 06, 2015 10:51 am

Post by Aneninen »

Second aspect. Interactions.

Alchemist

(1) , and some nearby posts – these seem to be genuine reads on TierShift. Although, a scum could have faked those too.

(2) and the whole interaction with TierShift, on the other hand, might have been a "let's talk to him so as to clear him" thing. Also, the delay could be explained too. If a quicklynch had happened, he wouldn't have resisted. But in this case...

(3) In he answered my idea about the TierShift/Alchemist scumteam... but only in correlation with the slip.

(4) In he soft-defended TierShift while pushed the Shos-wagon. !!! was soft-defence too.

(5) Was pushing Shos more in . In pushed Shos and soft-defended TierShift at the same time.

(6)
"I actually kinda agree with you about the TS wagon. It makes sense scum would try to push a wagon on a v/la player since they wouldn't be around to defend themselves. I need to look back at those votes."
– !!!

(7) – scumreading Druuge and ThisChristmas for being on the TierShift wagon... but, there was no TierShift flip at that time... It seems that he was exploiting the situation that TierShift was on LA...

(8) / – avoiding Druuge's scumreads... oh wait, Druuge was killed soon...

(9) – Readlist. Shos, Tiershift and me are on the town-side. It's not only the soft-defence on Tiershift. There's this:
"Shos is a Townread of mine now, partly because of his gunsmith claim"
– hmm-hmm... didn't Shos mention on Day1 that he had a PR? In spite of that, Alchemist ended Day1 voting for Shos...

(10) A typical Alchemist-post about TierShift and me:
In post 655, Alchemist21 wrote:@Anen, I do feel I need to point this out though. The only way what Tier said was a slip is if he's scum with the Dodgy/Droog slot. You're considering AA9 and TF scum possibilities, so you already have some belief that you could be wrong. I need you to take a step back, clear your head, and ask yourself if you can still keep pushing your point against TierShift knowing that the slip only makes sense in a highly specific situation. Remember how I deathtunnled Siv in our last game together? I feel like you're doing the same thing to TierShift, and it could potentially be just as damaging to the Town.

It seems that he wanted me to get rid of my TierShift-read all the time!

(11) Again, Shos, TierShift and me are town. This Christmas is scum because of being on the TierShift wagon. ...

(12) Preparing a ThisChristmas mislynch?
"So far today, everyone with the exception of Anen has named TC as a scumread."
...and we were at MyLo at that time...

(13) and nearby posts. He was changing his reads on me... at that time, as far as I can remember, ThisChristmas and me were the possible wagons. Was he preparing to be on either of them?

(14) – More defence on TierShift. Trying to get me scumread ToonFighter or ThisChristmas. It happens later too, eg. .

(15) Naked vote for TierShift in . Explanation comes in , 6 hours later. It's very strange that a single LINE from my posts was enough for him to change his TierShift reads, after my whole gameplay HAD NOT changed it!

________

Summary.
He was soft-defending and not-so-soft-defending TierShift all the time, except for the very early Day1. He jumped on him when it was rather sure that TierShift was getting lynched. His reasons were awkward. Meanwhile, he was preparing counter-wagons and counter-cases. First Shos, then Druuge and ArcAngel, and at MyLo, ThisChristmas and ToonFighter. I think he was buddy-ing Shos and me.

I'll check ToonFighter's ISO too
, but his gameplay looks very scummy and makes perfect sense as TierShift's partner.
Aneninen
Aneninen
He
Very Important Pigeon
Aneninen
He
Very Important Pigeon
Very Important Pigeon

Post Post #1206 (ISO) » Mon Apr 06, 2015 10:54 am

Post by Aneninen »

It's late here, ToonFighter's ISO will come tomorrow. Until then, do not vote!
insanity018
insanity018
Mafia Scum
insanity018
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #1207 (ISO) » Mon Apr 06, 2015 9:04 pm

Post by insanity018 »

Votecount 5.2 (unchanged)

Not Voting

Deadline

Toon Fighter is V/LA until Tuesday
Aneninen
Aneninen
He
Very Important Pigeon
Aneninen
He
Very Important Pigeon
Very Important Pigeon

Post Post #1208 (ISO) » Tue Apr 07, 2015 11:09 am

Post by Aneninen »

Okay, it's time to examine ToonFighter.

(1) is strange. Name-claiming (also admitting being familiar with Shameless, though) and telling that the TierShift wagon is too big. I don't know what to think. This might have come from a townie or from a scum too.

(2) Starts scumreading me in . In the first part of the post he says that both TierShift and I are scums, but later he says (in the same post) that TierShift is much less scummy. This could have come from a TierShift-partner.

(3) Moves to Dodgy in . If he's scum he may have tried to move a counterwagon here...?

(4) Nulls and voting for Shos in . Maybe null.

(5) These!
"There would be no point in voting for a short wagon so close to deadline. That is why I was only considering the top wagons."
then
"Can we just lynch shos?"
and finally,
"I hadn't noticed the claim. Still, it doesn't make him $100% confirmed town"
– are definitely scummy!

(6) Now he's not confident about scumreading Shos (because of his claim), and votes for me again:
"Looking at your claim, I don't feel comfortable lynching you anymore. I think you are telling the truth. However, TS is not here and can't claim, I don't want to vote myself and it's very late for starting a new wagon. I'll try that though. I prefer NL than lynching you, but Anen is my other option."
. He may have tried to sabotage the Day, but...

(7)
"Bah. I see Anen isn't happening. unvote, vote: TS (better than lynching shos, I think TS might be town, but it's better to lynch him rather than shos)"
– THAT wouldn't have made any sense if he were TierShift's partner! No real scumread on TierShift, so he wouldn't have earned a lot of town-credit if TierShift had been lynched. Also, he wouldn't have blamed more than anyone else if he had just stayed on my wagon!

(8) Quickvote for Shos because he's alive () than back to me (). Even if he was wrong about me, what if he was genuinely misreading me? (By the way, he was answering my questions eg. , ... might be a mild towntell?)

(9) Moving to ArcAngel in . Could be genuine, after all I too thought that she was scum.

(10) Also a note: at everyone had claimed but TierShift (who only mentioned "having a PR") and ...Alchemist! It's obvious that it's worth for the scums waiting for the others to claim. So as to adjust their own fake-PRs to the existing ones.

(11) Naming ThisChristmas and Alchemist as a scumpair in .

(12) – what was that reasoning?
"So, even assuming TS is lying, our lynchpool for today should be in [Alch/TC], as one of them must be his partner."
Hmmm-hmmm...!

(13) Also,
"TS is in a very bad light here. Wouldn't be upset if the wagon went down on him."
(at that point TierShift was going down, as far as I can remember.) Yet another post which may have come from the TierShift-partner.

(14) – now his scumread on me is back. (Even if it hadn't appeared before this post for a long time...) Why exactly? Maybe this: , which is Setup speculation. May or may not have come from a townie.

(15) It's my intuition but this post is a towntell.
"Anen, where the f-ck are you? If you don't post in 24 hours, I'll assume a scum claim and vote you"
– I can see a frustrated townie behind it.

(16) Now he's talking about an Aneninen-Alchemist scumteam.

(17)
"If I wanted a quick mislynch, I would have hammered TS"
– at that point that would have been very dumb from a scum-partner. TierShift was the most likely lynch, as far as I can remember...

(18) Moving to Aneninen in , then to Alchemist in . I don't know what to think. Maybe because of the Deadline. Maybe because of derailing the TierShift-wagon.

(Side-note. The latter might have been too risky if he were scum. TierShift gave instructions to his partner at Twilight. If scums had a Daychat, he needn't have done so. Does this mean anything? Maybe ToonFighter was trying to build a counterwagon but he couldn't talk to TierShift about it. Maybe he was about to achieve a lynch instead of a ...No Lynch, which he mentioned before???)

(19) Later, he went for No Lynch, just as most of us. In his last post he said that Alchemist looks scummier.

________

Summary.
I can easily imagine a scum here. There are plenty of things pointing towards being ToonFighter TierShift's buddy. The most important thing is the fact that he didn't scumread him at all before the flip. His scumread on me might have been a chainsaw.
But, certain points are contradicting this. The most important thing is his Day1 vote on TierShift. Also, he never scumread TierShift, but there are no strong signs of defending him.

Right now I think Alchemist is the scum.
Post whatever you think you need to. Unless my opinion changes, I'll vote for Alchemist.
Alchemist21
Alchemist21
He/Him
Jack of All Trades
Alchemist21
He/Him
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #1209 (ISO) » Tue Apr 07, 2015 11:15 am

Post by Alchemist21 »

What a coincidence! I just finished typing up my ToonFighter case. I'll look over your post in a minute.
Alchemist21
Alchemist21
He/Him
Jack of All Trades
Alchemist21
He/Him
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #1210 (ISO) » Tue Apr 07, 2015 11:16 am

Post by Alchemist21 »

In post 53, Toon Fighter wrote:Hi . Who is familiar with the source material? I've seen every episode :p

Who thinks a massclaim can be helpful to town? Should we try to break this game D1? I support this motion. Carl Gallagher here

Also, Tiershift's wagon seems a bit too big for the size of the game. Will abstain from voting for now because RVS seems over and I don't know where to put my vote for now.

In post 87, Toon Fighter wrote:I didn't want a role claim, just a name/character claim

About the votes, I don't have a lot of time to read thoroughly right now, so I leave that for later today/tomorrow

These are TF's first two posts in the game, and what do we see? A massclaim proposal. Now the given reason for the massclaim was that if scum don't have fakeclaims then the game would be broken. However, there's some pretty clear scum motivation for why he would do this.

Consider these:
-Toonfighter clearly states he's seen every episode of the show, so he's very familiar with the source material
-several games have flavor matchup with the PR
-thanks to shos, we know scum have a roleblocker

A scumplayer who was this familiar with the series could have wanted a flavorclaim from everyone because he thought it would give an indication on what PR's people could have. If the scumteam has fakeclaims, which seems likely given TierShift's flip and ToonFighter nameclaiming in his first post, then the scumteam already knows they don't have to worry about flavor breaking the game and can push for a massclaim under that false banner.

In post 136, Toon Fighter wrote:Ok after really reading the game for the first time I have some remarks to do, topped off with a nice vote. Here it goes:

In post 12, TierShift wrote:That was one of the most blatant crumbs I've ever seen, lol.
I hear anen's scumgame is good, though.

From here, and contrary to everyone else's opinion, my initial reaction was that TS and anen might be scum together. Anen's complete, and dare I say, undeserved, reaction to the sentence only makes me more certain of the theory. Alchemist seems like the townie trapped in the discussion. In 20, anen is the first one to bring dodgy into the fold, as he thinks he is obviously connected to TS's opinion on his scumgame. I don't like the exchange on anen's part, and it feels like he is grasping at straws. Initially I thought TS was his scum partner, but after reading the following posts I became more convinced of anen's scumminess but less convinced of TS's. Another post in particular captured my interest:

In post 62, Aneninen wrote:
In post 60, TierShift wrote:
I know your scumgame is good because I saw it nominated for a scummy. I (closely) follow the nominations, as is evidenced by my egopost in that specific thread. That is the reason I knew it; it would be nonsensical to talk with a scumbuddy about every townie's scum meta.

My problem is that I simply can't ignore your , and I don't think I'll ever be able to drop the idea that it was a slip. So I examine all of your posts assuming that you're scum.
For example this one. Yes, we were nominated, I was in an excellent team (Wicked and Heartless). It
is
possible that you saw that but if so, you would have mentioned it
right after
my post about your slip.

So, everyone: here's my idea.
I can't imagine anyone as scum but Tiershift and Dodgy. Because of this, I don't think I can do anything useful Today.
So, let's lynch Tiershift. (Eg. Alchemist thinks that my read about the slip is wrong but Tieshift is scum because of his other posts.)

If he flips town, it's clear that my reads were wrong (and I'm really sorry, of course).
But
in this case you may think that I'm scum who has set up a clever mislynch and it would be risky with an unconfirmed-me in the town. (I'm town but I can't proove it.) So, fire away any kind of investigation you have on me at Night1. (Yes, I might have some kind of immunity, eg. Ninja, but because I have no idea about the Setup I can't have immunity against everything. Jailkeeper doesn't work, it would proove nothing, I suppose. Even a town-Vig shot would be useful, I think.)

If he flips scum, there are two players to be investigated: Dodgy and me. (Why me? Even if Tiershift flips scum, I could be his buddy, who tries to get away with a shrewd Day1-bussing.) Hopefully, by Day2 either Dodgy or me will be confirmed in either way.

Of course, regardless of the flip DO NOT CLAIM any PR prematurely; only if you have a sure read on anyone.

Discuss!

I'm adding this prematurely: Tiershift, if you're scum (especially if you're scum with Dodgy) but my read is wrong and there was no slip at all, I'm really, really sorry for spoiling your game. I don't think it's fair to catch a scum merely by sheer luck instead of good scumhunting.

In the post above, anen tries to dictate town's day and night behaviour for the first two game days, at least, by page three. I don't know if all this paranoia and seeming town leading are frequent in him, but it rubs me the wrong way. Even if you are correct in your theory, even if you had a 100% guilty read on those players, you'd need much stronger arguments to convince me to vote with you, to block and/or investigate you at night, and to basically follow you everywhere. It's just not happening with 2 and a half pages of content, when one of them is pretty much RVS. So, I want some more explanations for these prompts, as they just make me suspect Anen himself. Anen, do you still believe town should follow everything you suggested here? Has your opinion changed in any point?

In post 67, estival wrote:ToonFighter, I've only seen one episode but mass claiming is probably not the best idea. Why did you suggest it?

The conversation between TierShift, Alchemist, dodgy56, and Aienen seems based on some meta reads?

I can see why scum would talk about another players scum meta if they were to set them up for a lynch but it seems a bit reaching?

I suggested it on the off-chance the game was poorly designed (sorry insanity, but had to check) and that scum had poor fakeclaims/ the game could be broken. If the game is well-designed, mass claiming shouldn't be a problem, if not, it could provide an advantage to town.

As for familiarity with shameless, it ties with the mass claim/ scum's fake claims. Players who haven't watched the show would have a more difficult time coming up with a convincing claim than someone who has watched everything.

In the last three pages, I saw little of note. So, I'll finish this post with my vote:

VOTE: Aneninen

Then there's this post. Toonfighter has TierShift being scum with Anen, then he doesn't. I can understand disliking Anen's attitude about being useless until TS got lynched and directing PR's, but Toonfighter never explains one way or the other about his read on Tiershift. His whole TS read has been dependent on another player's interaction with TS and not on what Tiershift himself has actually done.

In post 160, Toon Fighter wrote:I don't agree with your reasoning. I think you are grasping at straws with TS. As I said, post 12 doesn't seem like a slip, it was explained later. Post 54 doesn't look like anything. Post 63 looks like it comes after all your insistence. He did look a bit *shifty* at the beginning, and I think he could be scum, but I cannot understand how you have this blind faith that he is scum. I can see you being scum and producing all this case , but the more I see your posts the more I doubt myself.

Alternatively, you vs TS can be town-town, and scum are the ones taking advantage of the wagons and trying a quicklynch of TS, for example. In this category I place dodgy. Looking at it again, I think he is the most likely scum in the interaction, joining the TS bandwagon for bad reasons and overall being a dead weight in the game so far. I'm mor ecomfortable placing my vote there.

unvote, vote: dodgy

Where the bloody hell did this Dodgy vote come from? Anen made one large post between which essentially amounted to Anen sticking to his guns, and now Toonfighter is backing off with a wishy-washy stance on both TS and Anen, and he goes after Dodgy for being dead weight and joining the TierShift wagon. The dead weight reason is meh policy at best, and the voting TS reason is crap because it was a reasonable vote and there were others who saw the same reason for voting TS.

In post 163, Toon Fighter wrote:I can be for anen but want dodgy to actually participate in the game first

Oh, ok. He's policy voting Dodgy to post more and keeping himself open to go back to an Anen vote. In a vacuum this post is pretty null, but given how he backed down on Anen it seems like Toonfighter is just looking for the path of least resistance here, and if Dodgy gives him more flak than Anen he could jump back on Anen.

In post 301, Toon Fighter wrote:Ok, shos:

1) You voted me for very weak reasoning, the massclaim proposal, the Carl Gallagher nameclaim and the fact that I voted dodgy (which, I still maintain, was a valid vote, as his ISO, though short, was pretty scummy)

2) Your other reads look weak and fake. Your reasons for calling Anen and estival seem rather weak. Also, buddying with AA9 off the bat seems like a scum attempt for some town credit.

3) Your first votes seem off compared to your later play. You vote dodgy at the beginning for no good reason, and backtrack on him. Same with TS. You seem to only read the game after post 200, as your earlier posts look uninterested and in a different style than your later ones. Maybe you were just lazy town, or maybe you were scum who found himself getting wagoned and decided to put some effort in the game.

3) Overall all your reads seem fake and scummy. You point out a couple of town players and just take a bunch of days to complete an ISO, complete with short posts to seem active. You vote me for weak reasons, find almost nothing else scummy in the entire game and just ask your 'townreads' to follow you. I don't think you are town. Your behaviors have little town motivation. Plus, OMGUS.

vote: shos

tl;dr "Shos is scum because his reads are weak/fake and he voted me."

I'll agree that not all of Shos' reads that prompted this vote were the best reads, but there were still plenty of good ones. Look at point one. Part of Shos' case that TF has a problem with is TF's Dodgy vote, which he still says was a valid vote in this post. Then look at [the first] point three. He's voting shos for voting Dodgy and then backtracking? I would have liked an explanation from shos too, but this is no different than what Toonfighter himself has done.

Spoiler:
Also, TF is scum because he can't count and that's indicative of scum who grew up on the streets without a good education.

In post 355, Toon Fighter wrote:
In post 353, Aneninen wrote:Wellshyt, I think I dislike ToonFighter. Here are the reasons:

: the nameclaim is null in itself, but it's weird, because in he said that he hadn't had time for the game (yet he
had had
time for that claim) and he started reading at that time (... It's okay if someone doesn't read anything but how could he miss a case which had started on Page1?

: First part: TierShift and I could be scums together. (Lololol...) Next part, this:
"Even if you are correct in your theory, even if you had a 100% guilty read on those players, you'd need much stronger arguments to convince me to vote with you, to block and/or investigate you at night, and to basically follow you everywhere. [...] Anen, do you still believe town should follow everything you suggested here? Has your opinion changed in any point?"
Then finally, ends the post with a vote for me.
It's possible that he's scum with TierShift and wants to make a compromise read on me. But okay, let's forget about TierShift now.
He says that I'd need stronger arguments – but how those things after that (vote with me, block me, investigate me) add up at all? Also, he asks questions, but before getting any answers from me, votes. Whuttafuk?
You never really answered those questions, though (that I remember). You basically posted a weak bunch of theories that you kinda forgot and don't pursuit anymore. And now I'm scum for pointing that out? You did instigate town to vote two days in a row, investigate people and block people, and then just kinda ignored it after town wouldn't follow you immediately. Thinking like you've solved the game by page 3 may not be necessarily scummy, but it sure is arrogant, and I felt like you deserved a vote for it, regardless of whether the theories were even correct.

:
"I voted anen because I didn't like his attitude, acting like he knew the entire game by page 3" – since when has been an attitude-tell an alignment tell? By the way, the last sub-sentence is a kind of discrediting. (I must be wrong because it's only Page3...)
It's not that you MUST be wrong, but, by page 3 and a very limited amount of information, you most likely are. And making such a big deal about your theories, as if they are the best thing since sliced bread, doesn't sit well.

: too defensive. Just check why ThisCristmas voted for him. ^_^
He voted me for porr reasons, and his posts have been shitty and with very little content. I don't see how it is scummy to question a vote on me

: voting for Dodgy.
" Looking at it again, I think he is the most likely scum in the interaction, joining the TS bandwagon for bad reasons and overall being a dead weight in the game so far."
– at that point my wagon was not moving and Dodgy was the leading wagon.
Voting dodgy for his dodgy play is scummy too? You are really grasping at straws. The size of the wagons meaningless. Dodgy was playing bad (for his 5 posts) and he deserved a vote for pressure and to try to fish him out of the woodwork. It didn't work, he just got replaced, and I found a better place for my vote. You are reaching for circumstantial evidence that doesn't show I am scum, and using confirmation bias to 'show' I am scum

:
"There are usually 3-4 times more town than scum. And D1, with little information, favors scum a lot more than town. So, probability really"
– everyone knows that. But, posting this might be a "safe ground" for performing a mislynch later.
Now me pointing out a mafia fact to a player who was asking a question is scummy? Ok...

: unvotes Dodgy because he replaced out. Or because that wagon was not moving...?
Because he replaced out and there was no point in keeping my vote on him. Why did you vote me? Because you think I am scum or because your wagon is not moving? hmm... See? I can make your votes look scummy too!

: votes for Shos. Yet again, he ends up on the leading wagon!
I gave a bunch of reads to justify my shos vote. Yet, you just ignored them and looked at the wagon size. If 3 other people believe shos is scummy, why is my vote soooo bad?

:
"That is why I was only considering the top wagons."
– oookaaaay but he was doing that all the time, regardless of the time we've left!
I didn't do that ALL the time? My first vote because of wagon size (and not just that, but a number of reasons I gave in 301) was shos. If the other votes were on big wagons, they weren't intentional. Again, you just look at the wagon sizes and ignore the reasons behind each vote

: that was simply pigeon poop.
Yeah, with this I agree. I just skimmed the post and didn't notice the claim. But it wasn't even that good a claim. I still demand more information from shos, as his role could perfectly be as he described it but still anti-town.

UNVOTE:
VOTE: Toon Fighter

Also,
(1) it's possible that he's scum with TierShift (first TS is "scum with me", next, when those wagons are not moving it's a "town-vs-town") and
(2) I really don't like those names on the Shos-wagon, as I said before.

And you just go back to tying me with other players. D1. Without a flip or claim. An advice, catch individual scum first and look for connections later.

I would vote you now, but the day is almost over and I don't think I could get you lynched. shos is more important right now

The later half of these responses are probably genuine frustration and I could see that coming from Town, but look at the first 3 responses, especially the very first. Now, he wasn't voting Anen because he thought he was scummy, but just because he didn't like him. Lol

In post 418, Toon Fighter wrote:Bah. I see Anen isn't happening.
unvote, vote: TS
(better than lynching shos, I think TS might be town, but it's better to lynch him rather than shos)

shos, even if I give you the point that massclaim was a bad idea, that was your whole case against me. I don't think it was the most 'scummy' (I don't think it was, but you apparently do) thing that happened today. Please, consider lynching Tiershift

Holy shit, this post is all kinds of wrong. He's still never explained his TS read, but he thinks he's Town, but he wants to compromise lynch him without explaining why it's a good lynch.

He moved votes becuase the Anen lynch wasn't happening,
but he started the TS wagon.
[EDIT: My mistake. The VC looked like he had started it, but I see now Estival started the wagon.] I think he put his vote here because, given the suspicion around TS at the time, it would look like he was scumhunting while really he was thinking Town would never wagon a V/LA player like they did. (In fact, despite the fact TS turned out to be scum, I'll still never understand why a V/LA player was wagoned like this. Show me just one other game where a wagon like this happened that was all or mostly Town, and I'll concede this point right then and there.)

And all that's just D1. We're not even a quarter of the way through his ISO. On to D2.

In post 459, Toon Fighter wrote:
vote: shos

Why are you alive?

Seriously?

In post 473, Toon Fighter wrote:I name claimed and prompted a nameclaim. I caused no other claims directly, you claimed because you were at L-1, not my fault. Estival claimed because he wanted to. and ArcAngel prompted him to (see 375) I don't recall any other D1 claims, so I don't see your point there.
If TS is soo town, why did we have a no-lynch?

There's a 3-way interaction around this post between shos, TS, and TF that revolves around that EoD wagon. TF's play was so crappy he got in-thread flak from both alignments here. Take that as you will. I just want to point out here that TF was Townreading TS when he voted him, and in this post is playing down both his Townread and his vote on TS by the fact that TS wasn't actually lynched.

In post 475, Toon Fighter wrote:I did that in my FIRST post in this game. No one went through with it. No one claimed because of that. We already had this discussion yesterday, more than once. Why don't you look for scum somewhere else?

And, btw, who did you cop tonight?

In post 478, Toon Fighter wrote:@Shos: If you were so sure I was scum, why didn't you cop me?

@Anen: I can see scum trying to kill estival because he claimed Ian, and they thought he might be a power role. Related to that...

@AA9: Why did you ask for estival to nameclaim? What was your purpose there?

LMFAO! Toonfighter defends his mass nameclaim proposal by virtue of nobody taking the bait, then he's the first giving the name-is-related-to-PR argument to explain the nightkill, and then points at AA9 for rolefishig Estival's nameclaim. C'mon. Wake up and smell the projection here.

In post 499, ArcAngel9 wrote:
In post 478, Toon Fighter wrote:@AA9: Why did you ask for estival to nameclaim? What was your purpose there?

Didn't already said why i wanted the names out? Anywayz, I want all the names out so that we can sort the characters accordingly... EX: You are Carl, Carl is a good role and part of Gallagher family, I want to list out vital characters from the show so that our chances of catching scum may improve. Example, If someone claims as Debbie Gallagher, I think the chances of them being town more than Mickey being town, I am more than postive that mod have used Frank, Lip, Fiona, & few other characters who have chances to be town. And estival turned out be Ian... Before this game gets any worse than this.. Can I now have Characters from everyone...

Anennine - You go first Please!!!

In post 509, Toon Fighter wrote:
unvote, vote: AA9

That explanation doen's convince me (after shos almost lynching me for a similar reasoning). Also, you didn't vote last day and continue not voting and not giving relevant reads today. Hope this post will *motivate* you to contribute more

What? Is he voting AA9 for doing the same thing with nameclaiming that he was claiming to do? I can get the reasoning behind AA9's lack of reads, but when you're Town you don't vote people for doing the same shit that almost got you lynched.

We're halfway there, folks! Let's see the D3 posts.

In post 745, Toon Fighter wrote:I think AA9 was fishing for role names to have a better idea who to track N2 for example. Unfortunately, we lynched her before she could get to that. Why she didn't fully claim as a tracker I have no idea...

This post is kinda bad. TF should know you don't claim at L-1 without intent. It's like he's blaming her for getting quickhammered. Then again, quickhammers are why some people don't wait for intent specifically
because
of quickhammers, so without knowing TF's opinion on claim theory I can't tell if this is scummy or not.

In post 820, Toon Fighter wrote:
In post 775, shos wrote:
In post 771, Toon Fighter wrote:I think scums are [Alch, TC]

elaborate.

Process of elaboration, really. We have 6 players. Assuming both TS and shos are actually telling the truth, and I know I am townie, that leaves Anen, TC, Alch. I believe Anen's claim (as you said, not a decent scum claim, etc) so that leaves the other two as scums. Plus sheila and Jimmy as scums? I an believe that. Also, I have a general intuition, from the way they have been playing, those two can be scums. Not digging quotes here now but can make a case later. About the discussion with TC D1, I kinda forgot about it at the time, as more important issues pressed on and TC was a derping non-factor most of the game, but yeah, he never clearly answered that vote.

Alternatively, one of TS/shos might be scum:

TS scum // shos scum is very unlikele (for balance reasons, as has been pointed out)
TS town // shos scum makes no sense (no reason for him to confirm you were blocked, no one to even block you)
TS scum // shos town can work (TS Roleblocker fakeclaims voyeur for townpoints and sheeping the townie for endgame victory)

So, even assuming TS is lying, our lynchpool for today should be in [Alch/TC], as one of them must be his partner. Lynching the most likely of the two (I think TC but must read better) and, depending on the night results/if the game is still on we can go on to lynch one of TS/Alch tomorrow FTW

In post 891, Toon Fighter wrote:TS is in a very bad light here. Wouldn't be upset if the wagon went down on him.

In post 916, Toon Fighter wrote:I've been reading Arc's posts and while she does sound a bit incoherent D2, she does have a strong tunnel on anen. Coupled with the fact that she had displayed suspicion of him D1, I could see her having tracked him N1 and softing a result. Coupled with TS's and shos's willingness to vote him, I think anen could be our lynch for today.

Too bad someone (droog :/) didn't wait for AA9 to claim before she got lynched... Srsly, can't see a scum reason for killing him, that hammer was so scummy he could probably get lynched today

So Toonfighter decides to throw suspicion all over the place, at some point during the phase suggesting a lynch on everyone except shos. That's also being generous with the semantics, as he 1) also considers possibilities of scumShos, albeit not in a practical way that would lead to a lynch, and he 2) used the term "lynch" for everyone but Tier, for whom he used the term "wagon." Don't forget TF was off that wagon when Tier actually got lynched.

Yeah, I know there's a gap between the 820 and the 891 posts, but check his ISO. There's nothing in that gap to indicate a read progression on any of those players.

In post 920, Toon Fighter wrote:two questions:

1) shos had recently claimed D1. There was no indication of any scum RB (or lack thereof).. The only claims were me (VT) and shos (gunsmith). Why would you assume he would be RB and claim he was roleblocked? Why not check a shos target (me for example, as he suspected me during D1, or any other suspicious player) and then catch shos contradiction he that person hadn't been 'gunsmithed'?

2) shos had already been blocked N1. Nothing had changed about that by N2. There were no more claims D2, only AA9 died, and she was a tracker. shos would very likely be blocked again or die that night. Why did you target shos again? What were you expecting to see? Wasn't he already conftown in your eyes by then? With AA9's tracker flip it was possible some other player had a similar 1-shot ability. Why didn't you target anyone else to confirm/catch someone contradicting themselves? These details of your claim don't fully convince me yet.

OTOH, balance issues. If we assume ONLY shos is telling the truth, we have a setup like:

1 gunsmith
1 scum RB
1 1-shot tracker
(1 goon and 5 townies)

Is this balanced? I think not. In fact it is scum-sided IMHO. Now look at this:

1 gunsmith
1 1-shot tracker
1 1-shot commuter
1 voyeur
1 scum RB
(1 goon and 3 townies)

Is this balanced? I'd reckon yes, as the tracker and commuter are almost flavour-only roles. Plus the voyeur can confirm 2 of the town PR, as well as confirming RB's and the like. The only thing that appears slightly out of place for me is the commuter. He really adds little to the setup, as TS has said, switching only odds to evens if he manages to escape the correct night.

Now, last option, for the sake of it, if shos and TS are lying? We'd get a setup with a 1-shot tracker and a 1-shot commuter, which is almost mountainous. I discard this possibility outright.

In post 964, Toon Fighter wrote:Focus, guys. After my analysis I am more confused than ever. All I know is that TS is more likely town than scum, shos is 99% town, and between the other 3 scum is somewhere. Ranked by most likely to least:

anen
Alch
TC

But GAH! This game! I feel so invested right now. And the thought of guessing right today and having to suffer through two more weeks of this... OMG I CANT EVEN

Ok, he's one of the players to question why TS targeted shos twice if he was a voyeur. Then he uses a balance comparison to see whether voyeur would work in the setup a d concludes TS Town. That alone would be a pretty Towny post, but there's a devil in the details here.

He calls the tracker (which has already flipped by this point) and the commuter (claimed but not proven) as flavor-only roles, and the role being flavor only seems to be a deciding factor in his Anen read. If a flavor-only role flipped Town, why would the other one be less likely to be Town? Not only less likely, but now at the top of his lynch pool? I just don't get how that makes any sense.

In post 968, Toon Fighter wrote:Why I think anen is a good lynch? Well, the fact that both shos and TS are supporting it, that the claim does not work well in the setup after my analysis this afternoon, my previous scum read on him came back, and, damn, am i not allowed to change my views? Also, have you looked at the way anen reacted to the (building of interest in the) wagon? It raised some scum-radar hairs in the back of my head. Mostly that. I'd rather support a popular lynch that I actually believe might be scum than a player where I am not so sure and has no popular force behind.

Finally, I excluded anen before because the claim looked plausible. But, when I look more into it, I just don't think it fits as well. How does a commuter interact with a voyeur, Gunsmith, 1-shot tracker? It just makes their roles useless. Plus with the RB and mafia? 1-shot commuter seems like a neutral to negative town utility in this setup. At it's best, turns odds to evens. At it's worst, ruins a Gunsmith's nad/or voyeur night's work, makes the tracker literally a VT. Finally, thinking like a scum, a two scum team whit both fakeclaiming VT would look odd. I think one of the scums would fakeclaim. And the most likely of the two (between TS and anen) is anen.

That's pretty much it for my case on anen. What do you think?

This was his given reason to scumread Anen over TS - even though he questioned Tier's play as a Voyeur, he went with Anen because a commuter was a slightly negative utility for Town. His argument for it being a negative utility was ruining the work of the other claimed PR's. Had the voyeur claim been true, that and the tracker would in practice have the same result on a commuting Anen that they would have on an untargeted VT. The gunsmith has wasted a night if he hits Anen on the same night he commutes, but that's unlikely as it is, and compared to scum having a roleblocker, 1-shot commuter isn't much of a nerf to the Town.

In post 998, Toon Fighter wrote:I'd put my money on a Anen-Alch scum team

In post 1024, Toon Fighter wrote:anen, have you used your commute ability already? when and why?

There is no reason to keep that to yourself now. You will (most likely) not be targeted as a kill now, as there are (at least) 2 more viable targets for scum, and claiming that could help town (and me) decide whether or not to believe your claim

These are back-to-back in his ISO. Two things here:
-He's treating Anen as Town and telling the likelihood of Anen getting NK'd after pushing an Anen scumread
-He's treating himself as separate from the Town

In post 1050, Toon Fighter wrote:I don't think Tier is scum here. And there are scums voting him. Just saying. Will not hammer, would rather no-lynch

TS had the same change of heart about No Lynch.

In post 1093, Toon Fighter wrote:If I wanted a quick mislynch, I would have hammered TS

In post 1094, Toon Fighter wrote:And if i wanted anything quick, I would have voted you already

In post 1101, Toon Fighter wrote:36h remaining? Time to risk it.

vote: aneninen

Tell me he's not purposely avoiding that TS wagon. :cool:

In post 1128, TierShift wrote:VOTE: alch

Let's make it happen guyyys...

In post 1129, Toon Fighter wrote:
vote: alch

And this hasn't made it obvious to anyone else? :roll:

In post 1153, Toon Fighter wrote:Well, since I know I am town, someone on TS's wagon is his partner. Therefore, he got bused. As he tried to get alch and anen lynched, I think the partner is likely TC. But we'll see the flip first and talk later.

You watch. TF is going to point to this post and say, "If I were scum I wouldn't have killed TC; I woluld have saved him for the LyLo mislynch!" Well, no. In reality his lynch pool here is everyone on the TS wagon, and his TC kill is probably just WIFOM to keep his options more open at Lylo rather than having to tunnel TC and having that bite him in the ass as well as trying to cast doubt and paranoia between myself and Anen.
Aneninen
Aneninen
He
Very Important Pigeon
Aneninen
He
Very Important Pigeon
Very Important Pigeon

Post Post #1211 (ISO) » Tue Apr 07, 2015 11:20 am

Post by Aneninen »

According to the time stamps, you're telling the truth: you were typing meanwhile.

I'll read your post tomorrow because now I'm exhausted.
Alchemist21
Alchemist21
He/Him
Jack of All Trades
Alchemist21
He/Him
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #1212 (ISO) » Tue Apr 07, 2015 11:20 am

Post by Alchemist21 »

In post 1209, Alchemist21 wrote:What a coincidence! I just finished typing up my ToonFighter case. I'll look over your post in a minute.

Never mind, reading through Anen's post I think my case addresses most, if not all, of the points Anen made.
Toon Fighter
Toon Fighter
Mafia Scum
Toon Fighter
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #1213 (ISO) » Wed Apr 08, 2015 1:24 am

Post by Toon Fighter »

I am back. Will try to read and post today
~Toon fighter~
insanity018
insanity018
Mafia Scum
insanity018
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #1214 (ISO) » Wed Apr 08, 2015 2:18 am

Post by insanity018 »

Fiona: What do you want me to say? That I'm self-destructive? That liars, and thieves, and addicts turn me on? That I don't know how to do a normal relationship?

Veronica: Was that so hard?

Votecount 5.3 (unchanged)

Not Voting

Deadline
Aneninen
Aneninen
He
Very Important Pigeon
Aneninen
He
Very Important Pigeon
Very Important Pigeon

Post Post #1215 (ISO) » Wed Apr 08, 2015 9:11 am

Post by Aneninen »

I've read your post, Alchemist.
And now I'm waiting for ToonFighter.
Toon Fighter
Toon Fighter
Mafia Scum
Toon Fighter
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #1216 (ISO) » Wed Apr 08, 2015 11:22 am

Post by Toon Fighter »

Sorry for taking some time. I went back and (with shos's suggestion) looked at the final D1 votes and wagons.

In post 931, shos wrote:holy shit

this means that the D1 almost-lynch wagon was in fact on scum
That is amazing. Let's check that wagon out

In post 437, Alchemist21 wrote:@Shos, why did you wait so long to actually claim gunsmith after your initial claim? It's not like you were holding info back from scum since in your initial claim you said you had a strong ability.

I started the wagon on TS, after an initial estival vote/unvote (trying to avoid a shos lynch, my own lynch and a no-lynch)(why did estival unvote. why) and, when Alch did this post, his only one in the final hours of day, the votes were as follows:

In post 450, insanity018 wrote:
Votecount 1.16

TierShift
(3): Toon Fighter, Aneninen, This Christmas
shos
(2): Alchemist21, TierShift
Toon Fighter
(1): shos

Not Voting
(3): droog, ArcAngel9, estival

With 9 alive, it takes 5 to lynch.

Deadline
: (expired on 2015-03-07 20:04:00)

4 HOURS REMAINING!

TierShift is V/LA until Sunday evening.

Why didn't alch say anything about the wagon? Why would he try to derail it to shos at last minute (again, TS was the leading wagon here. TS is scum. Do the math). I want explanations from him about this point, this is the biggest scum slip I see of him in the game. Of course, droog still shows in time to vote and by the end of day the voting is as follows:

In post 454, insanity018 wrote:
Votecount 1.17 (FINAL)

TierShift
(4): Toon Fighter, Aneninen, This Christmas, droog
(L-1)

shos
(2): Alchemist21, TierShift
Toon Fighter
(1): shos

Not Voting
(2): ArcAngel9, estival

With 9 alive, it takes 5 to lynch.

Deadline
: (expired on 2015-03-07 20:04:00)

TierShift is V/LA until Sunday evening.

Will read more of the game tomorrow and do both ISO's but this votecounts (and pages 16-19 leading to them) knowing all the flips we know by know are the smoking guns for me.

Plus, we know know the setup to be:

1 town gunsmith
1 town 1-shot tracker
n townies

1 scum goon
1 scum RB

What is more likely here? Given that the voyeur is not a factor, I say a commuter is more likely than another VT. I just don't see town being limited to those two roles. What do you think?
~Toon fighter~
Alchemist21
Alchemist21
He/Him
Jack of All Trades
Alchemist21
He/Him
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #1217 (ISO) » Thu Apr 09, 2015 2:57 am

Post by Alchemist21 »

Prod dodge.
Toon Fighter
Toon Fighter
Mafia Scum
Toon Fighter
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #1218 (ISO) » Thu Apr 09, 2015 3:02 am

Post by Toon Fighter »

why don't you answer my questions, Alch?
~Toon fighter~
Aneninen
Aneninen
He
Very Important Pigeon
Aneninen
He
Very Important Pigeon
Very Important Pigeon

Post Post #1219 (ISO) » Thu Apr 09, 2015 5:46 am

Post by Aneninen »

In post 1216, Toon Fighter wrote:Will read more of the game tomorrow and do both ISO's but this votecounts (and pages 16-19 leading to them) knowing all the flips we know by know are the smoking guns for me.

Okay.
insanity018
insanity018
Mafia Scum
insanity018
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #1220 (ISO) » Thu Apr 09, 2015 11:19 am

Post by insanity018 »

"This neighbourhood has gone to shit." - Fiona's reaction to a proposed community garden nearby.

Votecount 5.4 (unchanged)

Not Voting

Deadline
Alchemist21
Alchemist21
He/Him
Jack of All Trades
Alchemist21
He/Him
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #1221 (ISO) » Thu Apr 09, 2015 2:11 pm

Post by Alchemist21 »

In post 1218, Toon Fighter wrote:why don't you answer my questions, Alch?

As in what do I think? I'm waiting for the rest of your case before I start analyzing it.
Alchemist21
Alchemist21
He/Him
Jack of All Trades
Alchemist21
He/Him
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #1222 (ISO) » Fri Apr 10, 2015 3:02 am

Post by Alchemist21 »

@Mod, I'm V/LA for the weekend.

Noted. ~insanity
Last edited by insanity018 on Fri Apr 10, 2015 11:51 am, edited 1 time in total.
Toon Fighter
Toon Fighter
Mafia Scum
Toon Fighter
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #1223 (ISO) » Fri Apr 10, 2015 10:52 am

Post by Toon Fighter »

@Alch, what are your opinions on Anen? Why are you so quick to clear him?

@Anen, now you have no excuse, this is literally the final game day, have you or have you not commuted by now? When and why?

I read your cases, and I want to say I am a victim of circumstance. I really believed TS to be innocent, but that doesn't make me scum. I was not the only townie who did so, look at TC for example. If TS wasn't scum, town would have lost had I hammered. I wanted to be sure. Me suspecting shos after he survived actually makes sense, I didn't know scum had a RB

Anen's case on Alch does a LOT of sense. And to me the most damning evidence is during the final D1 TS wagon. I don't see any reason for the single post he made in there except to derail the building of a TS wagon, and keeping his vote on a claimed gunsmith 6 hours before deadline doesn't look good to me. Plus the point anen raised about his vote on the final TS wagon is very good, the justification came hours later, he probably expected TS to be lynched beforehand.

Will post more in a couple hours
~Toon fighter~
Aneninen
Aneninen
He
Very Important Pigeon
Aneninen
He
Very Important Pigeon
Very Important Pigeon

Post Post #1224 (ISO) » Fri Apr 10, 2015 11:08 am

Post by Aneninen »

In post 1223, Toon Fighter wrote:
@Anen, now you have no excuse, this is literally the final game day, have you or have you not commuted by now? When and why?

I commuted at Night3. At that point there were 5 players alive. If the remaining scum had tried to kill me, Day4 would have started with 5 players and we could have an extra chance for lynching.
However, if I had waited 'till Night4, I wouldn't have helped at all. (With 4 or fewer players alive, a 1-shot Commuter is worth nothing; even if I got targetted, it still would be a MyLo or LyLo.)

Return to “Mayfair Club [Micro Games]”