Iknal
Goon
Iknal
Goon
Goon

Post Post #625 (ISO) » Wed Apr 15, 2015 12:03 pm

Post by Iknal »

[quote="In post 616, havingfitz"][/quote]

In a couple of days when I get home Internet back I'll go through and update the vote counts. :)
I derive a certain satisfaction from twisting your honourable intentions to my own devious ends :)

Modding: N/A
havingfitz
havingfitz
Survivor
havingfitz
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #626 (ISO) » Wed Apr 15, 2015 12:36 pm

Post by havingfitz »

I wasn't asking retroactively
mod
...just if you could with future votecounts.

Thanks
Town 57w-66l :: Not Town 29w-16l:: TBD 2
V/LA on weekends (i.e. RL > mafia)

The shortest GTKAS thread ever!
Saul Goode
Saul Goode
Goon
Saul Goode
Goon
Goon

Post Post #627 (ISO) » Wed Apr 15, 2015 1:42 pm

Post by Saul Goode »

In [url=/forum/viewtopic.php?p=6768530#p6768530]post 619[/url], havingfitz wrote:O M G....where is everyone?

I'm checking in from time to time. I'll drop a read or a question or some knowledge when I see something worth commenting on. I'm finding it easier to get reads based on how you interact with each other rather than how you all interact with me since I have no meta knowledge and am at a slight disadvantage right now.
I KNOW A GUY
WHO KNOWS A GUY
WHO WILL TAKE CARE OF IT.
Saul Goode
Saul Goode
Goon
Saul Goode
Goon
Goon

Post Post #628 (ISO) » Wed Apr 15, 2015 1:43 pm

Post by Saul Goode »

In post 619, havingfitz wrote:O M G....where is everyone?

VOTE: Random

Okay. Let's see where this goes.
I KNOW A GUY
WHO KNOWS A GUY
Aristophanes
Aristophanes
He/Him
Mr. Blue Sky
Aristophanes
He/Him
Mr. Blue Sky
Mr. Blue Sky
Pronoun: He/Him

Post Post #629 (ISO) » Wed Apr 15, 2015 1:58 pm

Post by Aristophanes »

In post 627, Saul Goode wrote:
In [url=/forum/viewtopic.php?p=6768530#p6768530]post 619[/url], havingfitz wrote:O M G....where is everyone?

I'm checking in from time to time. I'll drop a read or a question or some knowledge when I see something worth commenting on. I'm finding it easier to get reads based on how you interact with each other rather than how you all interact with me since I have no meta knowledge and am at a slight disadvantage right now.

I also have no meta with anyone here.

I feel like this is part of the problem. Everyone is waiting and watching for everyone else to so something so nothing happens.

Why Idget btw, everyone?
Are we giving up on Oka? Have we just gotten bored or did I miss something where he was tow and Idget was scum?
Aalre we juat trying to wagon everyone systematically in a rotation in order to get them to respond, then nonchalantly moving to the next person?
How does this help up?
massive
massive
Mafia Scum
massive
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #630 (ISO) » Wed Apr 15, 2015 2:01 pm

Post by massive »

In post 629, Aristophanes wrote:Are we giving up on Oka? Have we just gotten bored or did I miss something where he was tow and Idget was scum?

If you can easily sum up the case on Oka's scumminess OR can confidently say 2/3ds of Oka's wagon are town, then let's have it.
"1AM .. not a good time to think I started mixing massive and mathcam" - Totem, DP8
"unvote mlaker; vote massive; It's like MeMe/mneme and Corsato/Cadmium" - Dragon Phoenix, Newbie 38
PLEASE NOTE: I actively avoid being online on weekends! Don't replace me just because of this!
Aristophanes
Aristophanes
He/Him
Mr. Blue Sky
Aristophanes
He/Him
Mr. Blue Sky
Mr. Blue Sky

Post Post #631 (ISO) » Wed Apr 15, 2015 2:04 pm

Post by Aristophanes »

massive wrote:
In post 629, Aristophanes wrote:Are we giving up on Oka? Have we just gotten bored or did I miss something where he was tow and Idget was scum?

If you can easily sum up the case on Oka's scumminess OR can confidently say 2/3ds of Oka's wagon are town, then let's have it.
In post 575, Aristophanes wrote:
Spoiler: Oka Iso
Posts 1-6 -- exclusively short posts telling Kelbris his claim was wrong and he's scum.
Posts 7-14 -- basically void of content and hung up on Massive's vote on him.
Posts 15-17 -- back to Kelbris pushbased on...yep, claim.
Posts 18-21 -- walling with Monkey. This section features and Omgus and a misunderstanding where it looks like Monkey said he'd voted Viking but hadn't.
Posts 22-24 -- stuck on miswording which wasn't even that bad. A simple misunderstanding.
Posts 25-30 -- case for Kelbris still only claim. Quotes walls to say one line (stahp!). And game theory with Kelbris.
Post 31-- actually possibly helpful question to Slandarr. No follow-up.
Posts 32-42 -- just more Kelbris/Monkey flip flop. This section also features a VT claim and some good old AtE about giving up and self-hammering because fuck defending myself any more (which he hasn't really done much of imo).
DAY 2
Posts 43-50 (rest of Iso) -- votes Kelbris then Fish. Fish is another badly supported vote (he flew under the radar and was tunnelled by Slandarr). Unvote follows.

Tl;dr version.
Oka is a content void.
Oka has bad scumhunting based on nothing. Has done this on 3 people (Kelbris, Monkey, and Fish)
Oka really wants to look active/helpful but doesn't.
These, plus other fun tidbits, can be found above.

Oh, and I mentioned the counterwagon, right?

Yep, Oka is scummy.
Vote with me!
<snip>

See the tl;dr to make it short and easy if you like.
kelbris
kelbris
Goon
kelbris
Goon
Goon

Post Post #632 (ISO) » Wed Apr 15, 2015 2:34 pm

Post by kelbris »

@Mod have to replace out, sorry about that
Aristophanes
Aristophanes
He/Him
Mr. Blue Sky
Aristophanes
He/Him
Mr. Blue Sky
Mr. Blue Sky

Post Post #633 (ISO) » Wed Apr 15, 2015 2:37 pm

Post by Aristophanes »

In post 632, kelbris wrote:
@Mod have to replace out, sorry about that
#Sadness
Half meme, Half real, All Aristophanes ;)
- Jingle
Ari has appeared way too competent for me to even pretend to know what they're thinking
- MooseEatsBear on discord mafia
it wouldn’t be an ari sig unless it takes up half the screen on mobile - Vonflare
Aristophanes
Aristophanes
He/Him
Mr. Blue Sky
Aristophanes
He/Him
Mr. Blue Sky
Mr. Blue Sky

Post Post #634 (ISO) » Wed Apr 15, 2015 2:38 pm

Post by Aristophanes »

Actually, any last thoughts Kel, before you go?
- Jingle
Ari has appeared way too competent for me to even pretend to know what they're thinking
it wouldn’t be an ari sig unless it takes up half the screen on mobile - Vonflare
vikingfan
vikingfan
Mafia Scum
vikingfan
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #635 (ISO) » Wed Apr 15, 2015 4:15 pm

Post by vikingfan »

dang, I go on V/LA and nothing changes in 2 days :(.

Saul, the game is played by playing and interacting, not by lurking. Though the scummiest thing by far I've seen is putting oka -1 without even informing anyone. I've been beating this drum all game so am glad to see others following the same line of thought. VOTE: vote random

and I concur with havingfitz, is there a reason why you listed all these players as town? especially oka and kelbris?

:( on kelbris leaving but I don't blame you.
OkaPoka
OkaPoka
Survivor
OkaPoka
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #636 (ISO) » Wed Apr 15, 2015 4:53 pm

Post by OkaPoka »

viking...

I don't think you ever listed me as scum so your point to havingfitz doesn't make sense.
FA_Q2
FA_Q2
Mafia Scum
FA_Q2
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #637 (ISO) » Wed Apr 15, 2015 8:46 pm

Post by FA_Q2 »

In post 623, massive wrote:
In post 622, FA_Q2 wrote:Why random in particular?

Why random indeed? Do you see any town in his play? Even let's say you just focus on today ... do his votes look particularly towny to you? Does his game interaction seem towny? He says

In post 583, Randomnamechange wrote:There is scum in the people trying to influence people on the nk.

but makes no effort to actually follow up on this or use it as a basis for voting, instead moving from Oka to an OMGUS vote and then back.

Nope, no town at all. I don’t see anything in his play because he has not been playing. Random is indistinguishable from an open spot that has not bothered to post all game.

I felt almost the same thing with monkey as well and that turned out to be incorrect. The only real difference is that it looked like monkey was trying to look like playing without actually participating. Random is not even bothering.
FA_Q2
FA_Q2
Mafia Scum
FA_Q2
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #638 (ISO) » Wed Apr 15, 2015 8:49 pm

Post by FA_Q2 »

In post 629, Aristophanes wrote:
In post 627, Saul Goode wrote:

I also have no meta with anyone here.

I feel like this is part of the problem. Everyone is waiting and watching for everyone else to so something so nothing happens.

Why Idget btw, everyone?
Are we giving up on Oka? Have we just gotten bored or did I miss something where he was tow and Idget was scum?
Aalre we juat trying to wagon everyone systematically in a rotation in order to get them to respond, then nonchalantly moving to the next person?
How does this help up?

I wouldn't say giving up but it is not a good idea to lynch right out the gate. We have time.
vikingfan
vikingfan
Mafia Scum
vikingfan
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #639 (ISO) » Wed Apr 15, 2015 11:51 pm

Post by vikingfan »

In post 636, OkaPoka wrote:viking...

I don't think you ever listed me as scum so your point to havingfitz doesn't make sense.

I haven't, yet, but you've been a main candidate so far and wicked has listed you as a scum candidate before. When I was asking, it wasn't a reflection of how I felt about you, it was a reflection of how wicked felt about you. Make sense?
massive
massive
Mafia Scum
massive
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #640 (ISO) » Thu Apr 16, 2015 2:42 am

Post by massive »

In post 631, Aristophanes wrote:Oka is a content void.
Oka has bad scumhunting based on nothing. Has done this on 3 people (Kelbris, Monkey, and Fish)

OK, let's look at these three points.

1. Other players are participating just as little, if not less so. What specifically makes it worse that Oka is doing it?
2. There are plenty of players who did bad scumhunting with regards to Kelbris, and I think everyone had their moment with Riblet (who Formerfish replaced). Even the Monkey stuff isn't that horrible (see [http://forum.mafiascum.net/viewtopic.ph ... 2#p6710202]392[/url]) and he's hardly the worst vote on the end-day bandwagon.
3. This is probably contradictory to Point 1. Is he posting no content, or content meant to look helpful?

Even in your spoilered section, you brush over the discussion with Monkey. Oka isn't wrong in asking why FA gets a pass and random gets a townread, but he gets a scumread for essentially the same behavior.

I guess here's the real question: If I put up your three points against FA or Randomidget, wouldn't they be just as legitimate?
"1AM .. not a good time to think I started mixing massive and mathcam" - Totem, DP8
"unvote mlaker; vote massive; It's like MeMe/mneme and Corsato/Cadmium" - Dragon Phoenix, Newbie 38
PLEASE NOTE: I actively avoid being online on weekends! Don't replace me just because of this!
Randomnamechange
Randomnamechange
Jack of All Trades
Randomnamechange
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #641 (ISO) » Thu Apr 16, 2015 11:47 am

Post by Randomnamechange »

To be honest, there is very little meaningful discussion goinng on. I do have a couple of scumreads and I will be reconsidering my vote once I check a few things.
OkaPoka
OkaPoka
Survivor
OkaPoka
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #642 (ISO) » Thu Apr 16, 2015 1:15 pm

Post by OkaPoka »

In post 614, OkaPoka wrote:
In post 610, Randomnamechange wrote:Tbh there is very little going on today and in my opinion big wagons hrlp generate content.

soooooooooooo...

Aristophanes
Aristophanes
He/Him
Mr. Blue Sky
Aristophanes
He/Him
Mr. Blue Sky
Mr. Blue Sky

Post Post #643 (ISO) » Thu Apr 16, 2015 3:20 pm

Post by Aristophanes »

In post 640, massive wrote:

1. Other players are participating just as little, if not less so. What specifically makes it worse that Oka is doing it?
2. There are plenty of players who did bad scumhunting with regards to Kelbris, and I think everyone had their moment with Riblet (who Formerfish replaced). Even the Monkey stuff isn't that horrible (see [http://forum.mafiascum.net/viewtopic.ph ... 2#p6710202]392[/url]) and he's hardly the worst vote on the end-day bandwagon.
3. This is probably contradictory to Point 1. Is he posting no content, or content meant to look helpful?

Even in your spoilered section, you brush over the discussion with Monkey. Oka isn't wrong in asking why FA gets a pass and random gets a townread, but he gets a scumread for essentially the same behavior.

I guess here's the real question: If I put up your three points against FA or Randomidget, wouldn't they be just as legitimate?

Alright, I just looked back at the two and I'll give you that Random is as bad, if not worse, than Oka. Perhaps I was a little gung-ho on this one.
FA seems like he's trying to be helpful a little more than these two though.

On point 3, I think they compliment each other. Lack of content while appearing busy with long-ass quotes while not saying much.
- Jingle
Wickedestjr
Wickedestjr
Jack of All Trades
Wickedestjr
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #644 (ISO) » Thu Apr 16, 2015 4:52 pm

Post by Wickedestjr »

In post 615, havingfitz wrote:Why me?

Mostly POE, slight gut vibe... I know that's a dissatisfying answer, but it's all I've got. You haven't done anything super scummy, but you also haven't done anything that havingfitzscum isn't capable of.

havingfitz wrote:So are you comfortably reading massive,
kelbris, Oka
and Fish as town? :?

Not at all. The 'guess' that I just made is fairly weak, but it was my favorite at the time I made it.

havingfitz wrote:I think the odds would favor listing 6 players and having all the scum team in it...though I'm not confident you have.

Hey, I clearly listed a top three...

havingfitz wrote:Is that the only case that's been made against Oka?

...pretty much, I can't remember any other reasonable points. Please give me a post number that presents another reason for lynching Oka.

havingfitz wrote:What are your thoughts on active lurking? More likely to be from town or scum?

It's annoying and anti-town, but annoying and anti-town =/= scum. And sadly, it's probably more likely to be from town.
"You miss 100% of the shots you don't take. -Wayne Gretzky"
-Wickedestjr
Wickedestjr
Wickedestjr
Jack of All Trades
Wickedestjr
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #645 (ISO) » Thu Apr 16, 2015 4:55 pm

Post by Wickedestjr »

In post 639, vikingfan wrote:
In post 636, OkaPoka wrote:viking...

I haven't, yet, but you've been a main candidate so far and wicked has listed you as a scum candidate before. When I was asking, it wasn't a reflection of how I felt about you, it was a reflection of how wicked felt about you. Make sense?

I have never listed Oka as a scum candidate. In fact, he is one of the few players (if not, the only player) that I have consistently town read.
-Wickedestjr
Wickedestjr
Wickedestjr
Jack of All Trades
Wickedestjr
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #646 (ISO) » Thu Apr 16, 2015 5:04 pm

Post by Wickedestjr »

Oka is probably town and this recently-formed wagon on random is even worse. Can we vote somebody for something
other
than lack of contribution? I
still
get the impression that these wagons revolve around contribution-levels. Sorry, but I don't sign up for mafia games to policy lynch. We are currently pursuing null tells that towns chase after in virtually
every game
that I've played... Maybe that's why everyone's so bored. Oka and random clearly don't care about racking up town points. Let's go after something more interesting, like vikingfan's interest in my Monkey-case only after he helped with the mislynch:
In post 565, Wickedestjr wrote:
vikingfan wrote:Because I was A, interested in hearing your responses to massive's questions and B, interested in getting input from the players who haven't chimed in yet on day 2 of the game (now day 3).

You were interested in hearing my response to massive's questions about my vote for Monkey?

Huh...

You didn't seem interested when you made this post:
In post 495, vikingfan wrote:UNVOTE: I can get on board with a monkey lynch, I'm not a fan of the oka wagon or the people on it. VOTE: monkey. Posting from my phone so if this looks strange that's why.

Vote: vikingfan
-Wickedestjr
Formerfish
Formerfish
Busboy Revolutionary
Formerfish
Busboy Revolutionary
Busboy Revolutionary

Post Post #647 (ISO) » Thu Apr 16, 2015 6:01 pm

Post by Formerfish »

In post 646, Wickedestjr wrote:Oka is probably town and this recently-formed wagon on random is even worse. Can we vote somebody for something
other
than lack of contribution? I
still
get the impression that these wagons revolve around contribution-levels. Sorry, but I don't sign up for mafia games to policy lynch. We are currently pursuing null tells that towns chase after in virtually
every game
that I've played... Maybe that's why everyone's so bored. Oka and random clearly don't care about racking up town points. Let's go after something more interesting, like vikingfan's interest in my Monkey-case only after he helped with the mislynch:
In post 565, Wickedestjr wrote:
vikingfan wrote:Because I was A, interested in hearing your responses to massive's questions and B, interested in getting input from the players who haven't chimed in yet on day 2 of the game (now day 3).

You were interested in hearing my response to massive's questions about my vote for Monkey?

Huh...

You didn't seem interested when you made this post:
In post 495, vikingfan wrote:UNVOTE: I can get on board with a monkey lynch, I'm not a fan of the oka wagon or the people on it. VOTE: monkey. Posting from my phone so if this looks strange that's why.

Vote: vikingfan

I feel like you are slightly misrepping the reasons people are voting the slots that they are. I don't think that my votes specifically are based on activity in the way that you are saying. My vote on Oka had reasoning behind it, you could just disagree with those reasons. My vote on Rando is for reasons other than activity as well. You try to make it seem like these are both only attempts at policy lynching slots based on inactivity and a general lack of give a fuck from those slots. I would like to think that the slots are acting in such a way that there are easily seen scum motivations behind their play right now. Who do you have on those wagons voting for policy lynches?
Saul Goode
Saul Goode
Goon
Saul Goode
Goon
Goon

Post Post #648 (ISO) » Fri Apr 17, 2015 4:40 am

Post by Saul Goode »

@Wicked - I agree with this statement, fwiw:
In post 647, Formerfish wrote:I feel like you are slightly misrepping the reasons people are voting the slots that they are.

For me it's more of a poe thing and strength of Town reads.
I KNOW A GUY
WHO KNOWS A GUY
FA_Q2
FA_Q2
Mafia Scum
FA_Q2
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #649 (ISO) » Fri Apr 17, 2015 8:38 am

Post by FA_Q2 »

In post 643, Aristophanes wrote:
In post 640, massive wrote:

Alright, I just looked back at the two and I'll give you that Random is as bad, if not worse, than Oka. Perhaps I was a little gung-ho on this one.
FA seems like he's trying to be helpful a little more than these two though.

On point 3, I think they compliment each other. Lack of content while appearing busy with long-ass quotes while not saying much.

I would disagree with the comparison between random and Oka being similar. Random has absolutely zero contribution at all. There is nothing there and he does not seem to give 2 shits about trying to play as town. Oka on the other hand looks like he is trying to skate through and look like he is contributing while actually giving us nothing. That gives me a slight scum read on Oka. The problem is the lack of other candidates. Who has really done anything scummy besides Oka? The speed of the counter wagon is another indication that Oka might very well be scum.

Return to “Completed Mini Normal Games”