lufan131
lufan131
Goon
lufan131
Goon
Goon

Post Post #250 (ISO) » Sun Apr 19, 2015 5:14 am

Post by lufan131 »

In post 179, lufan131 wrote:So "The enemy of my enemy is my friend" isn't what to look for?

lufan, could you please elaborate a little on your intended meaning here?

:shifty:[/quote]
Which wasn't particularly strange, I don't think. Just a second vote for the same person.

.[/quote]

Ahh.. It's a proverb I'd heard of. It's apparently called the "Chainsaw" here. I didn't realize that's not something to look for a way to achieve by voting.
Katsuki
Katsuki
Cupcake
Katsuki
Cupcake
Cupcake

Post Post #251 (ISO) » Sun Apr 19, 2015 5:34 am

Post by Katsuki »

In post 217, RedCoyote wrote:
Kat 215 wrote:you started the whole aa9.confirmed thing = =

also why does this feel like an everyone try their best moi inpersonation game?

:?:

I haven't addressed AA9 yet this game.

Also, who is impersonating you? There ain't no one as vague and unpredictable as you.

oh i thought you were addressing aa being town rather than me in your #95. nvm post makes more sense now

By moi I meant MagnaofIncompetence.
Fluffy fluffy~~~ |
"READING KATSUKI IS LIKE SOME SORT OF POSTMODERN ARTFORM"
- GreyICE
Katsuki is by far more absurdly beautiful than Fate. (hai parama)
Katsuki's Madness coming to you shortly: Nov, 2011!

C
u
p
c
a
k
e
M
a
f
i
a
I
I
coming to you summer 2011! ~ Pre-ins: 11/13
Katsuki
Katsuki
Cupcake
Katsuki
Cupcake
Cupcake

Post Post #252 (ISO) » Sun Apr 19, 2015 5:35 am

Post by Katsuki »

Can we turbolynch AA already so that I can discuss what the optimal townstrat is this game???

Normally I'd go back and analyze what everyone's said but nowadays im too tired and busy and bleh
Fluffy fluffy~~~ |
- GreyICE

C
u
p
c
a
k
e
M
a
f
i
a
I
I
SXTLHGaiden
SXTLHGaiden
Mafia Scum
SXTLHGaiden
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #253 (ISO) » Sun Apr 19, 2015 6:05 am

Post by SXTLHGaiden »

i'm not sure if you explained it already, but would you mind explaining why you want to turbo lynch aa?
You're not going to make a silk purse out of a sow's ear. S*Gaiden will not make long cases, write stunning insights, or sugar coat his words. He is not the man for multi-paragraph eloquence. He is, however, being honest to a fault, and it comes across in his writing.
- GreyICE
it can help the game for people to be aware that L-1 is L-Gaiden
- popsofctown
Elbirn
Elbirn
Content Aficionado
Elbirn
Content Aficionado
Content Aficionado

Post Post #254 (ISO) » Sun Apr 19, 2015 6:30 am

Post by Elbirn »

In post 247, farside22 wrote:
Scum reading elb currently. Comes across as uncertain compared to the last game we played together he pushed what he felt.

Scumreading Elbirn is a towntell.

In post 246, Sakura Hana wrote:Also could someone please explain to me what's the deal with Elbirn? i don't see why he's being wagonedm he asked what was the problem was with mollie's replace out and got his question answered so he decided to follow suit, am i missing something super obvious or what.

Defending Elbirn is a scumtell.
Katsuki
Katsuki
Cupcake
Katsuki
Cupcake
Cupcake

Post Post #255 (ISO) » Sun Apr 19, 2015 8:30 am

Post by Katsuki »

In post 253, SXTLHGaiden wrote:i'm not sure if you explained it already, but would you mind explaining why you want to turbo lynch aa?

because hes scum
Fluffy fluffy~~~ |
- GreyICE

C
u
p
c
a
k
e
M
a
f
i
a
I
I
massive
massive
Mafia Scum
massive
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #256 (ISO) » Sun Apr 19, 2015 8:30 am

Post by massive »

I could sheep farside.

VOTE: ArcAngel9
"1AM .. not a good time to think I started mixing massive and mathcam" - Totem, DP8
"unvote mlaker; vote massive; It's like MeMe/mneme and Corsato/Cadmium" - Dragon Phoenix, Newbie 38
PLEASE NOTE: I actively avoid being online on weekends! Don't replace me just because of this!
RedCoyote
RedCoyote
Jack of All Trades
RedCoyote
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #257 (ISO) » Sun Apr 19, 2015 11:03 am

Post by RedCoyote »

In post 251, Katsuki wrote:
In post 217, RedCoyote wrote:
Kat 215 wrote:you started the whole aa9.confirmed thing = =

also why does this feel like an everyone try their best moi inpersonation game?

:?:

I haven't addressed AA9 yet this game.

Also, who is impersonating you? There ain't no one as vague and unpredictable as you.

oh i thought you were addressing aa being town rather than me in your #95. nvm post makes more sense now

By moi I meant MagnaofIncompetence.

Lol, okay. Muffin is the only one that reminds me of MoI.

People I'd Like To Lynch List
  • lufan131
  • massive
RedCoyote
RedCoyote
Jack of All Trades
RedCoyote
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #258 (ISO) » Sun Apr 19, 2015 11:05 am

Post by RedCoyote »

In post 232, lufan131 wrote:UNVOTE: Glass
... If this vote causes me to say the same thing 9 times, I'm not gonna keep it.

*beepbeepbeepbeepbeep*

My scumdar is beeping...
RedCoyote
RedCoyote
Jack of All Trades
RedCoyote
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #259 (ISO) » Sun Apr 19, 2015 11:09 am

Post by RedCoyote »

In post 249, Sakura Hana wrote:What do you think of Grapes and Glass?

Would this be a killer name for a winery or wine bar?

Have a lot out.
farside22
farside22
Mafia Mum
farside22
Mafia Mum
Mafia Mum

Post Post #260 (ISO) » Sun Apr 19, 2015 11:34 am

Post by farside22 »

In post 256, massive wrote:I could sheep farside.

Why?

Sukara: I like glass reaction to those questioning Mollie's replacement. Grapes as far as I recall mentioned only one scum read and not much else, so meh.

As for elb give me a moment to pull quotes, it's more then just meta.
The gist without the quotes is how he followed my reasoning onto glass but when pushed by Equinox just back down and has since just followed others with pretty crap reasoning.
Sarcasm is just a way of saying how stupid you think someone is but in a more polite way.
Albert B. Rampage
Albert B. Rampage
Survivor
Albert B. Rampage
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #261 (ISO) » Sun Apr 19, 2015 1:49 pm

Post by Albert B. Rampage »

In post 247, farside22 wrote:Abr: walk me throw AA read if true.

No, it was a joke.

I like Redcoyote and my vote on luffan is staying.
Guard your honor. Let your reputation fall where it will. And outlive the bastards.
Albert B. Rampage
Albert B. Rampage
Survivor
Albert B. Rampage
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #262 (ISO) » Sun Apr 19, 2015 2:02 pm

weak
Guard your honor. Let your reputation fall where it will. And outlive the bastards.
Albert B. Rampage
Albert B. Rampage
Survivor
Albert B. Rampage
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #263 (ISO) » Sun Apr 19, 2015 2:03 pm

In post 240, Sakura Hana wrote:Also please dont answer within the same quote next time, it's annoying to follow, thanks.

Yes please.
lalaladucks
lalaladucks
a study in thread
lalaladucks
a study in thread
a study in thread

Post Post #264 (ISO) » Sun Apr 19, 2015 5:36 pm

Post by lalaladucks »

In post 250, lufan131 wrote:
In post 179, lufan131 wrote:So "The enemy of my enemy is my friend" isn't what to look for?

Ahh.. It's a proverb I'd heard of. It's apparently called the "Chainsaw" here. I didn't realize that's not something to look for a way to achieve by voting.

:lol: Yeah, I know the saying; I meant what did you mean by using it here - which players were you referring to?
The Bulge
The Bulge
Jack of All Trades
The Bulge
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #265 (ISO) » Sun Apr 19, 2015 5:42 pm

Post by The Bulge »

In post 230, Elbirn wrote:
In post 229, The Bulge wrote:Why are our votes so spread out :/
Our biggest wagon right now is 2? Now I'm not saying we should rush a lynch because the whole sin mechanic makes that riskier than usual. But it worries me that we haven't come close to any sort of consensus yet or even a pressure wagon. Is this because of the mechanic or are we just unable to get our shit together?

VOTE: Elbirn

So what took you so long? You pointed a finger at me in your first post, but it took you until now to place a vote. Can you explain your thought process? What changed between then and now?

1) I got a votecount and saw what your wagon was like and I liked it.
2) Like I said, when replacing in, I don't like going off of old posts. I start playing when the game starts happening around me.
3) Your posts continued in the same kinda awkward tone I was picking up from my initial read.
4)
Spoiler:
In post 203, Elbirn wrote:Do I have any scumreads? Not really. I've found that I'm pretty terrible at scumhunting, so I'm trying to townhunt instead. So far Equinox, Muffin, and Gaiden are town.

If you were to put a gun to my head and demand scumreads, I'd say that Katsuki isn't looking good so far. ISO him/her, it's all either trying to lynch AA for some indiscernible reason, or fluff. Lufan is likewise pretty much no content yet high posts. And I liked what you had to say about Sakura.

This transition doesn't look good to me. First thing you do is confidently admit that you have no real scum-reads, only town-reads. That would be fine left as is. But then you go and double-back on it and present us with "gun-to-the-head" scumreads without anybody asking for them. This makes any sort of "confidence" you had in the first paragraph invalid and fake-looking. Insecure, cautious scum.

In post 231, Sakura Hana wrote:
In post 230, Elbirn wrote:So what took you so long? You pointed a finger at me in your first post, but it took you until now to place a vote. Can you explain your thought process? What changed between then and now?

I can already see his thought process very clearly, however i'll just let him answer the question himself.

Doubting you had 4 reasons in mind. Which one were you thinking out of curiosity?

Oh my

In post 245, lalaladucks wrote:
In post 199, The Bulge wrote:
In post 197, Sakura Hana wrote:
In post 186, The Bulge wrote:but lalala has made very long posts with lots of review and no actual analysis.

So what do you call this?

One post that stood out to me in my read-through and made me say "oh boy" and opened it in another tab.

Do you believe I intentionally conjured up a load of fluff or what?

No, I don't. Not intentionally.

In post 247, farside22 wrote:Buldge: why are you holding back a vote and why is elb a scum read?

I feel my head going in circles with buldge post.

See above.

Is this wrt my opening post? What don't you understand?
Sakura Hana
Sakura Hana
She/Her
Survivor
Sakura Hana
She/Her
Survivor
Survivor
Pronoun: She/Her

Post Post #266 (ISO) » Sun Apr 19, 2015 6:08 pm

Post by Sakura Hana »

In post 265, The Bulge wrote:Doubting you had 4 reasons in mind. Which one were you thinking out of curiosity?

Eh, i was mostly thinking of Reason 1.
I bloom in spring?
Please be nice to me.
lalaladucks
lalaladucks
a study in thread
lalaladucks
a study in thread
a study in thread

Post Post #267 (ISO) » Sun Apr 19, 2015 9:04 pm

Post by lalaladucks »

In post 257, RedCoyote wrote:
People I'd Like To Lynch List
  • lufan131
  • massive

Wow, this looks official. So why is it that you'd like to lynch massive? You didn't mention a scumread on him at all.
lalaladucks
lalaladucks
a study in thread
lalaladucks
a study in thread
a study in thread

Post Post #268 (ISO) » Sun Apr 19, 2015 9:07 pm

Post by lalaladucks »

In post 255, Katsuki wrote:
In post 253, SXTLHGaiden wrote:i'm not sure if you explained it already, but would you mind explaining why you want to turbo lynch aa?

because hes scum

How do you know she's scum...
This is just nonsensical :cool:
Has ArcAngel insulted you in the past or something? Do you actually have any sort of legitimate reason for trying to get her lynched?
lalaladucks
lalaladucks
a study in thread
lalaladucks
a study in thread
a study in thread

Post Post #269 (ISO) » Sun Apr 19, 2015 9:09 pm

Post by lalaladucks »

In post 254, Elbirn wrote:
In post 247, farside22 wrote:
Scum reading elb currently. Comes across as uncertain compared to the last game we played together he pushed what he felt.

Scumreading Elbirn is a towntell.

In post 246, Sakura Hana wrote:Also could someone please explain to me what's the deal with Elbirn? i don't see why he's being wagonedm he asked what was the problem was with mollie's replace out and got his question answered so he decided to follow suit, am i missing something super obvious or what.

Defending Elbirn is a scumtell.

Because you're scummy?
Are you actually for real or is this a joke?
lalaladucks
lalaladucks
a study in thread
lalaladucks
a study in thread
a study in thread

Post Post #270 (ISO) » Sun Apr 19, 2015 10:03 pm

Post by lalaladucks »

~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~
R
e
a
d
s
~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~

(just a brief rundown)

Town

Equinox - behaviour at the start allowed us to gain more information. Looks very towny to me.

RedCoyote - he's getting the job done. Scumhunting etc.

Leaning town

zMuffinMan - I did like his posts about strategy and was kinda townreading him due to that, but it's since been pointed out that scum could just as easily formulate the plan; so it's not exactly alignment-indicative. Still, I find him townish and it seems as if he wants town to win.

Gaiden - surprisingly enough, I don't find him to be that suspicious this game (thought I'd find the lurkishness scummier). His initial plan wasn't well thought out, but it did seem his intentions were good.

Glass - haven't seen anything scummy from him, looks to be genuinely interested in scumhunting.

grapes - very slight townread, as I haven't got that much to go on from him. But what he has posted looks pretty good.

farside - meh, seems more townish than nullish imo, just the general feeling I get from her posts.

The Bulge - well, has only really commented on my fluffiness, Gaiden's stupid scum-sided plan and Elbirn's scumminess thus far. But his reasons seem legit.

what
Null
idk

Sakura Hana - may just be her playstyle. I found her quite scummy to begin with, then I thought she was towny, but now I don't have any idea.

Albert - I don't have enough to go on to decide.

massive - same as above.

Elbirn - found him scummier before, but now his posts don't seem that off.
Spoiler: regarding Elbirn...

Tere - I agreed with a lot of her reads, but they don't particularly make her seem towny. I'll have a better idea when she posts more.

Leaning scum

ArcAngel - seemed to become defensive quickly with only two votes on her. I find it slightly suspicious.

Katsuki - the strange things he says are confusing. I was thinking that's just what he's like, but I've made that mistake before and that player actually was scum so I'm not ruling Kat out cause of a strange disposition. Play so far is pro-scum imo.
Spoiler: thought process when I read Kat's posts

Scum

lufan - hasn't really assisted in game progression, it seems he is intentionally being ambiguous. Explanations of actions are weird and his unvote looked like he was trying to appear townish (it didn't succeed).

VOTE: lufan
lufan131
lufan131
Goon
lufan131
Goon
Goon

Post Post #271 (ISO) » Sun Apr 19, 2015 11:48 pm

Post by lufan131 »

In post 264, lalaladucks wrote:
In post 250, lufan131 wrote:

:lol: Yeah, I know the saying; I meant what did you mean by using it here - which players were you referring to?

Sakura made some comment about that, and I asked if that wasn't what to look for by doing. She replies it reeks of chainsaw, and I put 2 together, and added in the wiki.
Tere
Tere
Mafia Scum
Tere
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #272 (ISO) » Mon Apr 20, 2015 1:24 am

Post by Tere »

Right, caught up.

@Farside, I just love being told I'm not doing anything when I've been V/LA all weekend. Can you not do that please?

I have actually been worrying more about Mollie's replace out over the weekend. She wanted me to play together in this game and encouraged me to sign up (although I didn't need much persuasion as the set up looked cool. I doubt she even read that Wisdom of the One applied, I know from hydraing with her Mollie can miss that kind of stuff - she thought we were a cop in Lost Rooms when we were effectively VT because she hadn't read the sample role PM. I am not getting warm fuzzies from Glass either.

@ Bulge and someone else, it wasn't that I thought lala's wagon wall of analysis was super great analysis. It just seemed to come from a towny place to do that, I couldn't see scum attempting that after her entry to the thread fell so flat. I had a scum read on her before I looked at that post and it seemed to come from towny intent.

@ farside, I think you asked me something about Muffin - I don't see setup spec as inherently towny, I just looked at the chain of his posts with Gaidan and it flowed as though he genuinely thought it was a mistake and anti town to adopt Gaidan's approach.

I am very information overloaded because [redacted] but I think I need to have another look at everyone's ISO again. Will see where my thoughts are then.
Mostly V/LA at weekends. GTKAS - Tere
I am also really too busy to play mafia to the quality level I prefer. I should spectate. If you see me in more than one game tell me off! Also invite me to cool games to spectate. I will bring cupcakes! <3
ArcAngel9
ArcAngel9
Jack of All Trades
ArcAngel9
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #273 (ISO) » Mon Apr 20, 2015 2:37 am

Post by ArcAngel9 »

I am here today.. and ahem..wagon on me!!! lol
I
n
a
t
i
m
e
o
f
a
n
c
i
e
n
t
g
o
d
s
w
a
r
l
o
r
d
s
a
n
d
k
i
n
g
s
a
l
a
n
d
i
n
t
u
r
m
o
i
l
c
r
i
e
d
o
u
t
f
o
r
a
h
e
r
o
S
h
e
w
a
s
X
e
n
a
a
m
i
g
h
t
y
p
r
i
n
c
e
s
s
f
o
r
g
e
d
i
n
t
h
e
h
e
a
t
o
f
b
a
t
t
l
e
T
h
e
p
o
w
e
r
t
h
e
p
a
s
s
i
o
n
t
h
e
d
a
n
g
e
r
H
e
r
c
o
u
r
a
g
e
w
i
l
l
c
h
a
n
g
e
t
h
e
w
o
r
l
d
-
Xena Warrior Princess, Coming Soon!!
massive
massive
Mafia Scum
massive
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #274 (ISO) » Mon Apr 20, 2015 2:57 am

Post by massive »

In post 260, farside22 wrote:

Why?

Because I at least trust you to have been following the game completely.

Big hugs buddy. This game's play was inspired by you.
"1AM .. not a good time to think I started mixing massive and mathcam" - Totem, DP8
"unvote mlaker; vote massive; It's like MeMe/mneme and Corsato/Cadmium" - Dragon Phoenix, Newbie 38
PLEASE NOTE: I actively avoid being online on weekends! Don't replace me just because of this!

Return to “Completed Large Theme Games”