Senator
Senator
Goon
Senator
Goon
Goon

Post Post #575 (ISO) » Tue Apr 28, 2015 5:00 am

Post by Senator »

In post 570, TheReverend wrote:We have to be prepared to risk lynching a doc, that's my point. A doc claim should not be considered immunity from lynch.

I don't like how you aren't willing to give a player who admits to not reading the game and claimed doc a day to sort himself out. There's plenty of players to sort through here. His claim didn't look in any way faked.

You're caught up then?
Coulda gone pro if I hadn't joined the Navy.
TheReverend
TheReverend
Mafia Scum
TheReverend
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #576 (ISO) » Tue Apr 28, 2015 5:08 am

Post by TheReverend »

I don't like how we let someone scummy get to L-1 and then let them off the hook with a claim that can't be counterclaimed.

No I'm not caught up. I'm gonna read the last bits through the night, I figure I'll get more from it with flip info.
Ricastle
Ricastle
Mafia Scum
Ricastle
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #577 (ISO) » Tue Apr 28, 2015 5:09 am

Post by Ricastle »

I agree with Reverend here. Doc is as easy a claim for scum in this game as vanilla, and only holds more weight because of the concept of Doc behind it. There should be no hesitation based on the claim alone.
farside22
farside22
Mafia Mum
farside22
Mafia Mum
Mafia Mum

Post Post #578 (ISO) » Tue Apr 28, 2015 5:19 am

Post by farside22 »

In post 558, TheReverend wrote:Anyway, what are we going to do? Run whoever up to L-1, and only lynch them if they claim the be vanilla?

farside should know better here. papi is still the lynch. His scum equity went UP thanks to the claim, not down.

I have a stronger scum read on conman.
You think I should continue to allow him to lurk and do shit fucking all, let me know why that is.
Sarcasm is just a way of saying how stupid you think someone is but in a more polite way.
BlueBloodedToffee
BlueBloodedToffee
Survivor
BlueBloodedToffee
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #579 (ISO) » Tue Apr 28, 2015 5:21 am

Post by BlueBloodedToffee »

- OK, this is the worst claim I think I have ever seen. If I'm Doc and I'm at L-1
THE VERY FIRST THING I AM GOING TO WRTE IS
;

I CLAIM DOC.

Nice and big, at the top of my post because that's where my priority lies. I don't casually throw it in the middle of a post where I'm giving out reads.

Further to this, we have a backup doc. If we're going to lynch a Doc, it needs to be D1.

Now, as for the reads;

Why is Senator town?
Why don't you have a read on Ricastle and Flubber?
Can you explain all three of your scum reads please?

Also, this might be a small thing but it bugs me that he put his claim under 'why he shouldn't be lynched.' This shows he has thought about what he can do to stop himself getting lynched; the best thing he can do is claim Doc. Then he throws out awful self-meta, deflects onto somebody who isn't in the game anymore and states he has 'tried.' He also adds the casual 'If you're not convinced then lynch me', classic scum trying to act like they don't care if they're lynched.

Yeah, I'm not buying any of this.

- Yeah, this.

- Farside, read what I wrote above and vote Papi again please.

- Again...this.

- I can see Senator. Not Farside though.

- Why are you changing votes if you don't believe the claim?

- I have stated why Papi is scum. It's bothering me that you're not reading the game/haven't caught up since replacing in.

- Yeah, his claim looked awful. It lacked sincerity and urgency. Papi had enough time to 'read the game' and when he was posting from this reading he was doing it was complete crap. Barely taking a stance on anything he commented on and just shifting from ISO to ISO.
Meta this. Meta that. Meta Everything. Meta is not a good scum-hunting tool. PEOPLE CAN MANIPULATE THEIR META. Stop it. Stop. It. Now.
TheReverend
TheReverend
Mafia Scum
TheReverend
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #580 (ISO) » Tue Apr 28, 2015 5:29 am

Post by TheReverend »

In post 578, farside22 wrote:I have a stronger scum read on conman.
You think I should continue to allow him to lurk and do shit fucking all, let me know why that is.

Ok fair enough. I guess I just expected you to smell the bullshit. Toffee can smell it. Conman is on my list of scummy, but it's a half baked list that has you, senator and ricastle on, too. Papi is on the ropes and has given us a fishy claim. He remains our best lynch imo.
Flubbernugget
Flubbernugget
Survivor
Flubbernugget
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #581 (ISO) » Tue Apr 28, 2015 5:31 am

Post by Flubbernugget »

I don't even understand why we are waiting for claims in this setup. Also cc'ing a doc right now is impossible/dumb unless I'm missing something
TheReverend
TheReverend
Mafia Scum
TheReverend
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #582 (ISO) » Tue Apr 28, 2015 5:32 am

Post by TheReverend »

In post 579, BlueBloodedToffee wrote:574 - Why are you changing votes if you don't believe the claim?

Well I unvoted because we're going to get decent discussion. I voted ricastle because if we're going for a CFD, that's who I'd go for.
TheReverend
TheReverend
Mafia Scum
TheReverend
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #583 (ISO) » Tue Apr 28, 2015 5:33 am

Post by TheReverend »

In post 581, Flubbernugget wrote:I don't even understand why we are waiting for claims in this setup. Also cc'ing a doc right now is impossible/dumb unless I'm missing something

I'd have been more inclined to believe him if he claimed vanilla.
TheReverend
TheReverend
Mafia Scum
TheReverend
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #584 (ISO) » Tue Apr 28, 2015 5:44 am

Post by TheReverend »

In post 581, Flubbernugget wrote:I don't even understand why we are waiting for claims in this setup. Also cc'ing a doc right now is impossible/dumb unless I'm missing something

This is fishy actually.

We don't want to lynch an unclaimed backup, do we now?
BlueBloodedToffee
BlueBloodedToffee
Survivor
BlueBloodedToffee
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #585 (ISO) » Tue Apr 28, 2015 5:46 am

We don't need any more discussion.

We need a lynch and some information.

Let's do it.
Meta this. Meta that. Meta Everything. Meta is not a good scum-hunting tool. PEOPLE CAN MANIPULATE THEIR META. Stop it. Stop. It. Now.
davesaz
davesaz
He
Survivor
davesaz
He
Survivor
Survivor
Pronoun: He

Post Post #586 (ISO) » Tue Apr 28, 2015 5:50 am

Post by davesaz »

In post 579, BlueBloodedToffee wrote:
- I have stated why Papi is scum. It's bothering me that you're not reading the game/haven't caught up since replacing in.

I saw that post and didn't think it was a very strong reason to scumread someone. Sometimes the lurkers are just lurkers. Sure, it's better than nothing, but is it a good case is what I'm trying to figure. My question is, was there anything more? Is this the best scumread in the whole game at this point? If there are equally good scumreads (other than them not being yours) is it worth discussing?

I said exactly why I'm not caught up yet. It's busy at work and that is limiting the minutes I can spend reading. It would be fairly easy to fake being caught up, but I won't do that and I know you have seen me say I won't do it before.

has merits. It's a claim that can be faked because it is not safe to CC.

This is a setup where PRs want to be townie enough to not get lynched, but scummy enough to not get NK'd. Just sayin'...

Pedit: I'm getting a town vibe from you but I'm also keeping our first game together in mind. :wink:
Wanna play Minecraft with your ms friends? Check out the minecraft thread, or the channel on discord
BlueBloodedToffee
BlueBloodedToffee
Survivor
BlueBloodedToffee
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #587 (ISO) » Tue Apr 28, 2015 5:52 am

Haha, fool me once...

The case on Papi isn't just that he's lurking.

ISO me. I have made it pretty clear somewhere.
TheReverend
TheReverend
Mafia Scum
TheReverend
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #588 (ISO) » Tue Apr 28, 2015 5:52 am

Post by TheReverend »

@toffee - idk, I think we get a lot from people's reactions to these kind of things. Scum would have anticipated this, their reactions are more likely to be considered in advance. There's still a fair few people who haven't posted since the claim. I'll be back on papi in due course, but let's give it a day or so.
BlueBloodedToffee
BlueBloodedToffee
Survivor
BlueBloodedToffee
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #589 (ISO) » Tue Apr 28, 2015 5:54 am

What makes you think scum would have anticipated having to claim D1?

Also, what makes you think scum had pre-game chat?
TheReverend
TheReverend
Mafia Scum
TheReverend
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #590 (ISO) » Tue Apr 28, 2015 6:01 am

Post by TheReverend »

Where do I give the impression they had pre game chat? When I say considered in advance? I mean in their minds. They know if it's a mislynch or not, if he's scum they know he'll fakeclaim. Scum's next move will be more carefully considered than town.
BlueBloodedToffee
BlueBloodedToffee
Survivor
BlueBloodedToffee
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #591 (ISO) » Tue Apr 28, 2015 6:04 am

OK, I disagree. Papi's buddies wouldn't have known he was going to claim Doc. He might have claimed VT.
TheReverend
TheReverend
Mafia Scum
TheReverend
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #592 (ISO) » Tue Apr 28, 2015 6:08 am

Post by TheReverend »

Well we surely agree that it's ok to at least let people respond to the claim before we seal the deal? It's not like we have anything to lose.
Flubbernugget
Flubbernugget
Survivor
Flubbernugget
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #593 (ISO) » Tue Apr 28, 2015 6:12 am

Post by Flubbernugget »

I am missing something: there's more than just the docs in this setup
Flubbernugget
Flubbernugget
Survivor
Flubbernugget
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #594 (ISO) » Tue Apr 28, 2015 6:13 am

Post by Flubbernugget »

In post 583, TheReverend wrote:

I'd have been more inclined to believe him if he claimed vanilla.

Why do people seem shocked that a scummy player made a scummy claim anyway
BlueBloodedToffee
BlueBloodedToffee
Survivor
BlueBloodedToffee
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #595 (ISO) » Tue Apr 28, 2015 6:13 am

Sure.

I just don't want it to lose momentum.
Alchemist21
Alchemist21
He/Him
Jack of All Trades
Alchemist21
He/Him
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades
Pronoun: He/Him

Post Post #596 (ISO) » Tue Apr 28, 2015 7:27 am

Post by Alchemist21 »

In post 2, Alchemist21 wrote:Role PM's have been sent, and the Mafia Team have been given access to their PT for the remainder of the confirmation stage.

To answer any confusion, scum did have pre-game chat and this was explicitly stated in the pre-game.
Bellaphant
Bellaphant
Jack of All Trades
Bellaphant
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #597 (ISO) » Tue Apr 28, 2015 8:23 am

Post by Bellaphant »

Senator wrote:
In post 570, TheReverend wrote:We have to be prepared to risk lynching a doc, that's my point. A doc claim should not be considered immunity from lynch.

I don't like how you aren't willing to give a player who admits to not reading the game and claimed doc a day to sort himself out. There's plenty of players to sort through here. His claim didn't look in any way faked.

You're caught up then?

@Sen, what looks legit to you? The whole post is bizzare...'if you want to lynch me because of this excuse': wut? Surely, if the claim was legit, you'd be demanding NOT to be lynched? The way the post is phrased also reads like it is more important that a) he read the thread and b) has reads before c) his claim.

He's also not made a case on why his scum-reads are scum, or tried to get them lynched. Also, the attention to vettrock (davesv) (caps and swearing) is really odd, especially as they don't come under the 'scum-team'

Not buying it.

@rev, what is a Chinese fire-drill?
@bbt, we talking about my question to you? :(
BlueBloodedToffee
BlueBloodedToffee
Survivor
BlueBloodedToffee
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #598 (ISO) » Tue Apr 28, 2015 8:38 am

What question?
farside22
farside22
Mafia Mum
farside22
Mafia Mum
Mafia Mum

Post Post #599 (ISO) » Tue Apr 28, 2015 8:40 am

Post by farside22 »

I don't like the who the fuck cares if we lynch a claimed doc comments.
I don't care if there is a back up.

Anyone who thinks conman is town is scum and I don't like the lets have a lynch or Rev's I want to catch up, oh wait I will go ahead and vote on Papi after being prodded.

Basically Rev or Con

My preference is Con
Sarcasm is just a way of saying how stupid you think someone is but in a more polite way.

Return to “Completed Open Games”