DragonQueen
DragonQueen
Goon
DragonQueen
Goon
Goon

Post Post #750 (ISO) » Mon Apr 27, 2015 1:47 pm

Post by DragonQueen »

So what I would prefer to do or I think works better is to ISO single players and look at them extensively. Going to do DV and one other today before providing a whole town reads list.

This is DeasVail's ISO. I would have to meta dive another day if still surviving since from our one weird game together off-site, I don't have a ton to go on.

DV, overall, uses sound reasoning for making cases and doesn't use what I like to call "bad logic" or misrepping. I'm interested on why he finds eyestott suspicious and what his current read on random is. I also share his townread of Deathfisaro's slot.

What I'd like to see from DV is followup on his eyestott read, what he thinks of Creative at this point (and the lull in activity on that end), as well as what he makes of eyestott intending to hammer Random (? need to check this) and more importantly, eyestott wanting to hammer random and stating he would provide a case but not liking when out slot unvoted random so as eyestott and others could make cases\put their thoughts out. That bit of contradiction with eyestott, want to follow up on it DV?

DeasVail

Spoiler:
- Interaction with eyestott
- Doesn’t like deathfisaro’s jump on our RandomMidget RVS. Is this a soft defense of random?
- Votes deathfisaro for his random push (attempt to get out of RVS)
- Asks random why he votes eyestott
- Ask Creative why he answered Scripten’s questions
- Unvotes Deathfisaro (also mentions that he isn’t following as closely as he’d like)
- Death mentions DV might want to replace out if RL is heavy, DV opts out
- One game with DV he was a lurker, less silly as he is in this game but PlayDip was very serious and somewhat boring with long navel gazing posts
- Townreads Death now
- Post to state that he is catching up
- Doesn’t like Random’s vote on Death
- Responds to Scripten, Futan and mentions Mollie’s “abrasive” meta (is correct, this game would be funner with Mollie)
- Responds to random’s weird response to Creative
- Responds to vonflare, regarding Futan who was one of his early townreads
- Disagrees with DQ on scumread of Scripten and Futan (but mentions its stale) and agrees on random
- Weak townreads Futan
- Votes RandomMidget
- #208 is a great post in response to lalala
- Emphasizes townread on Death and Futan
- Likes eyestott’s scumreads, reads Creative, random and prawneater (the lurker) as scum. Has lala as a weak town read but states could be a scumread as well.
- Supports death townread against Mac questioning
- Is asked by Scripten to be more involved
- Townread on our slot
- Now town reads Creative and vonflare, continues to read Random as scum and wants him to answer more questions
- #402, strong reasoning on why random is scum
- Has mild concerns about eyestott
- RQ (?DQ?) is town
- "Current townreads are: Creative, Deathfisaro/replacement, Futan, Laladucks, Scripten
Everyone else still needs to be sorted. Vonflare in particular since I like your case, Scripten, but I have my reservations, and obviously DragonQueen. I'm also not as interested in Random as I once was, but I wouldn't have any confidence in calling hm town."
- Changes back to townread on our slot and emphasizes town read on Creative, votes eyestott
- Continues to scumread eyestott, waiting for something from eyestott
DragonQueen
DragonQueen
Goon
DragonQueen
Goon
Goon

Post Post #751 (ISO) » Mon Apr 27, 2015 2:11 pm

Post by DragonQueen »

So on ISO of eystott he needs to follow up on the same people as DV, which is interesting, (Creative and Lalaladucks). Eyestott, what do you make of Lalaladucks' jumping bean reads recently? She went from lean town on our slot to red scum within one post (Scripten's) and has yet to actually explain reasoning behind her posts or thought process.

What do you think of DeasVail's ISO above? What is his town and scum meta that you know of? What do you think he's waiting for you to do?

I don't see much interactions with Mac, deathfisaro slot, Futan, Scripten - can you provide a quick and dirty thoughts on them?

What do you make of Creative going AWOL? Is that normal for him?

Are you still preferring a random to lalaladucks vote? What is your case on random? More then one player has stated that being anti-town and lurky is his thing, do you think that's accurate?

Spoiler:
eyestott
- Participates in a theory of RVS discussion that I do not really like or care for and find a bit scummy for all involved
- SO many horse puns
- Gets into some sort of thing with Creative where he wants him to refer to him without using color and some funny\weird interactions there
- Post not #243 (after some posts about not being able to post), “I will get to explaining why, and with that, include a vote, but my picks for scum would probably be (in order of confidence) Creative, Lalala, then possibly randomidget.
I'm comfortable with townreading Deas and Scripten, and probably Dragon. Others are pretty much null. I'll get into the why later.”
- Good question to Creative about the “Almost got your stallion mislynched” – that hasn’t been explained yet.
- Votes Creative (first vote after about 20+ posts)
- Votes Lalaladucks, its interesting how several players are scumreading her but the wagon doesn’t take off – follow up on that?
- “Ill still post my case, but I'm happier with a randomidget than lalaladucks lynch.
I think hes at L-2, but I dont want to vote till I'm sure.”
- Post #423 is a good post about Lalaladucks reads fluctuating widely and being extremely all over the place and off.
- Post #608, is interacting with more people
- Responds to DeasVail’s point against him
DragonQueen
DragonQueen
Goon
DragonQueen
Goon
Goon

Post Post #752 (ISO) » Mon Apr 27, 2015 2:53 pm

Post by DragonQueen »

Reads List

Spoiler:
Creative[/b]
Slight town read based on post #429 and post #501 and post #590 and post #618.
He’s active and interacting with almost everyone, he’s going against the popular votes.
Also the gambit was an interesting one, not sure if its town or scum but one to follow up on.
I feel that he’s generally more active in other games but I also see how with this top scumread being VLA and\or active lurking it can be frustrating.

DragonQueen

The townies town to town the town

eyestott

ISOed in #751 and lean town based on that. Needs to follow up on several things and post more.

Futan

Felt slightly scummy and then disappeared. Someone meta dive him and also keep track of this slot.

vonflare(ika)

I was townreading Ika but vonflare’s entrance and attempt to discredit ika’s play didn’t sit well with me. I wanted to interrogate him since he hard defended random but he kind of disappeared.

lalaladucks

Something’s rotten in the state of Denmark. This is probably scum based with only a slight chance is sheep but as eyestott and DV and others pointed out, something is off and wrong about her reads and how they progress. Whiplash, etc.

Mac

Wanted to lynch prawneater early on for lurking instead wanting the townie thing, which was a replace. It’s hard to be subjective towards a person who calls you a bitch and probably looked at my ISO and saw why that should be a no-no, but let’s try this out. Lean scum overall for talking the talk but not walking the townie walk. Content is weak and follow up is not great.
Spoiler:
#41 - "why prawneater voted Creative over eyestott too"
#117 – points out the strange eyestott vs. creative interactions but doesn’t really question it
#120 – votes lalala for her weird ika reaction, asks lala a question about her scum game
#288 – This is a good post, but would want to see followup
#289 – Notes that random only townreads creative, is that true at this point and indicative?
Now townreads laladucks. Scum reads Creative & our slot but doesn’t provide a case at this point.
#290 – FOS’s Creative but votes DragonQueen
#312 – Seems weirdly laidback on the random read and the "hint" seems like possible coachin, “Cool. So do we let you coast by on nothing while the rest of us work around you or are you going to do something with the 13 pages we already have? Hint: your answer should be the latter.”
#313 – “I think my only townreads right now are laladucks, Scripten and maybe DV and eyestott. mollie is not doing enough for me to consider her town.”
AT this point reasoning isn’t provided for townreads (other then lala).
#343 – “2) Lack of interest and apathy IS a bad town trait but it is one that exists in some players who may struggle to be invested in a game. Such as the case here where seven consecutive posts were discussing what skin people used and whether blue text hurt their eyes. That's boring and uninteresting.”
I know right?

#344 – Earlier scum read our slot due to vonflare but now flips towards FOSing him
#384 – Scumreads random for scumreading people for attacking and defending him (our slot and Von)
#428 – Votes random
#499 – Again refuses to provide clear reasoning for his vote on out slot or why he scumreads us. No logic, no case, no evidence. The fact that he is also FOSing or scumreading vonflare and random to some degree only makes this more suspicious.
That plus this red flag:
“What are people's thoughts on lynching prawneater? I think he may be uninterested scum, but I'm not sure. It won't be much use if he flips town, which is sadly always a possibility. :/
Strongest townreads are Scripten & ducks. Still not liking DQ (pending reply to this post), random, vonflare and prawn as of right now.”
Reads have stagnated and wants to actually lynch a lurker who should be replaced.
#560 – As stated Titus responded to the point Scripten made about this exact thing so why is he scumreading a slot he isn’t carefully reading?
#623 – Creative asks him for his reads:
“Town: Scripten, laladucks
Townish: DeasVail, deathfisaro, eyestott (weak)
Null: Creative, Futan, Angel, Senator
Scummish: vonflare
Scum: Random, DragonQueen

those are roughly my reads. I think random's case on DQ is really weak and just seems like it's fabricated.

ArcAngel replaced in and has done nothing: this has me worried!”

Anyone scum reading vonflare, Random and our slot is taking the easy way out. Something is wrong here. He also doesn't actually pursue his worry over ArcAngel or his prior suspicions on the slot.
#631 – Instead of responding to the questions, calls me a bitch.
This seriously sucked and Mac's on my blacklist.

#634 – Instead of logically responding how three players engaged in a fight could be scum or what reasoning they see to scumread vonflare, random and our slot responds with, “As for question 1, why does that have anything to do with my reads? Do you think because it's never happened before, it can't happen here?”
Umm…that’s a really bad response that does not in any way help understand why you think its possible in this specific scenario.

#728 –
Acknowledges that he isn’t reading
and like lalaladucks is sheeping Scripten. Of the following: lalaladucks, Scripten, and Mac at least one must be scum. They are hard town reading each other without reasons. Can’t actually provide reasoning for each other and look the other way at scummy posts or bad reasoning or actually support it.

Also, Mac trying to position that asking him for reads and content is “bullying” is repulsive. But I’ve seen worse tactics used by scum to discredit or otherwise demean town on the right track. The bitch comment was enough to make me dislike this person as a human being.

ArcAngel9(pirate mollie)

Null, I like Mollie and wonder why she replaced out (she did state the game was boring). ArcAngel I know from one game as Estival, and would have loved to see her in action as her town game is interactive and thought out.

Senator(prawneater)

Mac was trying to get rid of this slot, why? Pisskop has certain scum tells, haven't seen them here yet and he doesn't have a hard-on for Scripten's weak logic so that's a plus.

randomidget*

Ugh, I dislike this so so much. If we can’t move a lynch, this needs to burn with fire today to at least put that to rest. Anti-town, unhelpful, scumreads people who scumread him or question him. Part of me thinks that can scum really be this bad but idk? His flip reveals on some of the players ISOed etc today (Mac and Scripten who deviated his lynch and vonflare).

Scripten

Need I restate my case here based on meta here: (http://forum.mafiascum.net/viewtopic.ph ... 5#p6810305).

I’ve also responded to all their questions. Based on their reference to my “self-destruct” they’ve read my town games and seen that my meta as town is to get really riled up when voted or needled. Scripten has been needling me based on faulty logic for a while and got his eruption. The nice thing though is that my outbursts usually end up helping town.

Scripten, Lalaladucks and Mac make up a triumvirate of players who have bizarre town reads on each other – refuse to question or provide reads on each other, refuse to actually give reasons for townreading each other, refuse to engage with players asking for reads. Refuse to acknowledge that even one of the posts\actions taken by another might be scummy.

Sorry, I wouldn’t hard read anyone on day one especially if they had the kind of scummy content these three have.

I’ve answered every question by Scripten who has constantly been getting in the way of my scumhunting and tried to use my town meta against me. I’ve provided a real reads list that doesn’t have room for any other crap.

Now, let’s see if he keeps up his end of the bargain. I doubt it since he’s been screaming I’m scum ever since Titus first mentioned him as potentially on the scum team. This huge OMGUS has continued where his read hasn’t changed from over 300 posts prior, much like Mac’s barely shifted.

vonflare

Ika felt neutral (his acting anti-town comment threw me off) but vonflare came in hard defending random which was strange. Wanted to question him but disappearing act number ...I lost count.

There we are.

And town, scum don't have day chat. Therefore, interactions analysis would be the best place to look for them once we have a flip (possibly VC as well but I've always preferred IA as VC can be messed with).

Hopefully, our PRs are not AWOL or lurking and get actions in please.
Senator
Senator
Goon
Senator
Goon
Goon

Post Post #753 (ISO) » Mon Apr 27, 2015 2:58 pm

Post by Senator »

In post 752, DragonQueen wrote:Mac was trying to get rid of this slot, why? Pisskop has certain scum tells, haven't seen them here yet and he doesn't have a hard-on for Scripten's weak logic so that's a plus.

I'd love to hear about these sometime :| I'd consider it a favor, Titus.
Coulda gone pro if I hadn't joined the Navy.
Scripten
Scripten
Mafia Scum
Scripten
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #754 (ISO) » Mon Apr 27, 2015 3:07 pm

Post by Scripten »

In post 747, DragonQueen wrote:
1. What are your reads in the game right now? Particularly provide quotes or reasoning to backup your reads. Reads should be based on the most current state of the game and include all players. No nulls since you seem to think everyone has posted enough content.

Here's a copy of my old notes. I've been too busy lately to keep up with them, but I'll post them plus my up-to-date reads.

- Mini 1661
-Town-
Eyestott - Pro-leaving RVS, interesting push on Creative (if misguided), more interesting, thoughtful pushes, but only on Creative (weird), still obsessively after Creative..., treats himself as town in a very genuine way though I disagree with his analysis
Mac - very little of note, mostly simple probing of other players, not likely scum, good analysis
Creative - weird play, but very very town
-Null-
lalaladucks - Way too big on being ingratiated with others, is scumhunting
Deasvail - Quick to jump on deathfisario, minor buddying, weird RVS antics, pushing randommidget votes while voting deathfisario, weird timing for unvoting deathfisario (explained in 189), natural admission in 287 - feels town man
deathfisario - Weird treatment of DQ's point, more defensive than reasonable, decent response to questions regarding RVS, defends DQ (Thinking town defending possible scum more than anything)
prawneater- lurksack
randommidget - lurksack, convenient jump onto deathfisario, isn't trying to push lynch off of himself
Futan - Aggressive but correct about RVS, scumslip in 142, very slow to lay down a vote, defensive and attempting to preempt cases being built against him, replies to questioning feel townish, lurky up until just agreeing with eyestott's 282
Mollie - quiet, lean scum, active lurking to all hell
-Scum-
Ika/vonflare - Old crew/troll player, lean town for apathy and confronting Mac || Possible buddying of me, weird push on the voting habit of DragonQueen (Scum coaching?)
DragonQueen - Possible chainsaw of Futan, highly aggressive reaction to suspicion from vonflare, tried to compare replace-in ISO to own as defense

These are my current reads. Most of my prior points still apply, though any contradictory information may be attributed to new developments:

Town

lalaladucks - Analysis has been decent. V/LA and inactivity has caused trouble, but I see no reason to scumread this slot.
Deasvail - Interesting thoughts about the game and Eyestott. Would like to see him participate more actively with the entire playerbase.
Mac - Has been answering questions logically and making pushes (On Vonflare, Random, and DQ) - May rethink this slot after a flip
Null

Eyestott - Defense of hammering is alright; I would like to see him confront more players; was good
Creative - Still feel this slot is town, tbh. He's been more absent, but his actions and behavior convinced me he was town before. A slot to keep an eye on depending on flips
deathfisario/RationalMadman - Lurksack. I think we should request an extension, tbh, because he's not even posted yet. (This slot is pure null until posting)
Futan - Now a lurksack; Wondering why?
randommidget - His scumreads and reactions to voting haven't been particularly good, but I just don't get scum being this apathetic. Not sure about this slot.
Scum

prawneater/Senator - Senator's early replace in was decent, though he then kinda blew it by chainsawing for DQ and contradicting himself. He has since refused to answer questions or really cooperate with the town. (To be fair, I'm the only one who's confronted him.)
Mollie/ArcAngel9 - quiet, lean scum, active lurking to all hell; Now a lurksack. May well be scum.
Ika/vonflare - All the earlier points, and now he's lurking and watching DQ and I fight it out. This bothers me and, after I sleep on this game, I might be reconsidering my line of scumspects.
DragonQueen - I think this one is obvious? Iso me. The sudden change into ISOing other players is an interesting development.

2. Explain lalaladucks warp speed changing of her reads on me from town lean (light green) to scum red with no stops along the way, nor has she provided reasoning for her change other then your one post between her town lean and her scumread. In fact, her reads have jumped all over the place. Explain through a meta dive or through logic, and no handwaving. Why is it likely that if you tell her to jump off a bridge, she would do it?

She "steals" Creative's color style, she uses distractions and tries to be likable (although the Mr. Bean gif - seriously eww), her reads change with the flavor of the day, her color system was overly complicated and had no actual meaning to it in terms of the colors rapidly changing from post to post, she does not provide any reasoning or evidence to her reads, she is hard town reading players without nary a question to them or confusion over their slots - which I've played with people on this site for over 2 years and I wouldn't give them such a hard townread and she apparently hasn't even played with the particular people before. So basically, you're explaining why she is town and not clearly newbie scum?

Why are you scumreading Lalaladucks for changing reads and scumreading me for not having changing reads? (Both of which are terribly hyperbolic.) I find her reads to be changing naturally, and she has posted explanations when asked about her reads. Her townread on my slot makes sense to me, but then again, that's likely confbias. However, in her recent town game, she had similar reads and did well enough to be nominated for a scummy. (So perhaps you should take a closer look at the players you're berating for their play?)

I don't understand why any of these points make sense for a scumread. You're literally scumreading her for having fun. Which is kind of... I dunno, depressing, really.

3. Explain why Mac scumreads my slot. Use his ISO to find clear and direct reasoning.

This seems like busywork to me, but fine. I'm curious why people scumreading you need absolutely 100% solid cases but you keep bringing up that it's day 1 and nobody should have strong, accurate reads? Kinda like your ducks scumread, it seems rather hypocritical.

4. Is asking a player for reads and cases and content, bullying? I want to clarify this.

No, but berating other players is. If you can't tell where you are being inappropriately harsh and nasty, then I think you need to really work at looking at the way you interact with people. Your behavior is some of the most abrasive and unfun to play with that I have encountered. I would like to extend an olive branch, but every time I've even slightly disengaged, you respond with more fervor, so I've given up trying.

5. If you are still scum reading my slot, who do you read as the mafia team and why? Again actual evidence, quotes and logic needed.

Do you expect me to have the entire mafia team figured out on Day 1? Considering the relationships I've seen so far, I'm thinking Senator might be your scumbuddy. His chainsaw would fit that profile, though I know Pisskop's play. (And loathe the fact that he's establishing a meta that supports that as his "town" play. :igmeou: ) The fact that you concentrated on Random instead of Prawneater when both were super lurky supports that fact. Up to now I've been thinking Vonflare, but I'm almost thinking that he and you are unaligned. That may be wrong, though.

6. You're know in your two town games as a "meta diver," do the work. Meta my town games on MS and my one scum game and do what you yourself have stated that is something you always do. Make a meta case on my slot.

...I am? Are you sure?

This strikes me a really weird request. Why are you trying to manipulate my case on you into something that it's not? I really dislike this part of your post.

7. Again, if your read on me was confirmed incorrect - what would change in your scumreads and why? Explain this clearly because the reads should change and when I previously asked you this it seemed that you stuck with the vonflare\random equation.

I don't form my scum cases based on unflipped associatives. I'm pretty sure I've said this before. If you flipped town, my read on Vonflare would likely stick, considering the weird relationship between you two could also be one being scum and buddying/manipulating the other. Futan and the Mollie slot would likely bump up a bit.

Honestly, I'd want to actually be in the situation and see the wagon before making changes in my reads.

8. Finally, based on the Mod's opening post all players with PTs stop talking. That means that scum clearly do not have daytalk. How do you think scum behavior changes in this environment?

I'm not really sure. My only scumgames here had night talk only. Day talk makes scum games significantly more powerful, from what I've seen on the town side of things.

What is the point of this question? It feels like RQS stuff.
Scripten
Scripten
Mafia Scum
Scripten
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #755 (ISO) » Mon Apr 27, 2015 3:09 pm

Post by Scripten »

In post 753, Senator wrote:
In post 752, DragonQueen wrote:Mac was trying to get rid of this slot, why? Pisskop has certain scum tells, haven't seen them here yet and he doesn't have a hard-on for Scripten's weak logic so that's a plus.

I'd love to hear about these sometime :| I'd consider it a favor, Titus.

Get a room.

Also, forgot this: Goes with question .3:

Spoiler:
In post 289, Mac wrote:
In post 177, Creative wrote:
Scripten

In post 175, Scripten wrote:
In post 174, Scripten wrote:
Futan:

Do you have experience playing elsewhere or are you merely justifying why you didn't participate in RVS?

Having read through your earlier games here, I noticed that you do have experience elsewhere. Can you give me a quick rundown on the differences between play there and here? No need for the site name or anything, but I would like your views on how your play might vary from MS.net meta.

-------------------

and bother me. I think that Creative is town, but I'm worried about him leaving randommidget alone for "correctly guessing" his [Creative's] alignment.

Creative:
Wouldn't scum already know your alignment, making "guessing" it extremely easy? What's with this ingratiating behavior between you and random?

Random is the only player that i've played before this game, here: http://forum.mafiascum.net/viewtopic.php?f=51&t=61062, and i've scooped some games of him.
he's lurky by default, so his lurkiness and absence of content is not alignment indicative. What makes him a question mark, question marks are fine day 1. But staying as a question mark in the late parts of the game will get you lynched and is bad for town.

It's hard to explain this guessing thingy, but to summarize, as scum, if you spew too many townies, you will eventually be cornered and force to vote your partners. But he could be just pocketing me out of the pressure on him.

You say this like random is banging out townreads left, right and centre. You were (and still are) random's only townread and even then, it's only "probably." And it's not like scum or town don't change their reads over the course of the game.

In post 179, DragonQueen wrote:@Vonflare, love the discredit. Bus please. What can't come up with enough reasons to mislynch a townie so you gotta bus? You get no towncred for saying weak. Yeah, I'm rolling hostile to see how you roll.

This head is thinking Scripten/Vonflare/Futan/random has all the scums.

In post 180, DragonQueen wrote:Oh wait you might be.

I find it rich you act as if my ISO is supposed to be the epitome of profoundness when yours consists of jackshit.

Ooooh. Vonflare struck a nerve I see. Who was the second post directed at?

Also, I find it incredible that you accuse vonflare of discrediting (which I'm not sure he did?) when you yourself have done the exact same thing when he made a valid point about your first three posts.

eyestott wrote:
Erm, that doesnt really answer my question.
Why did "our" stallion almost get mislynched?
Why is Mac "our stallion", and why did you say mislynched instead of lynched (or at all)?

I don't like Creative clinging on to me. Especially after my read of him has deteriorated rapidly following the above which I quoted. ^

UNVOTE:

lalala is now a strong townread at the moment. there's something about how laidback she is with the colours etc that make me think she's not scum right now. I think using colours is drawing attention to herself; she wants to make sure people know who she's talking about clearly & make her reads stand out. I like that. The unprompted reads she delivered has also further confirmed this.

As of right now, I'm predicting my vote going on Creative or DragonQueen when I catch up. Pending the latter's response to vonflare.

In post 290, Mac wrote:
Scripten wrote:
I think Creative already answered this one.

What did you make of his reply?

I think the series of posts on page 9 from mollie are coming from townmollie but I need a bit more from her to be certain. her reply to creative in #214 seemed relaxed like she had nothing to worry about though.

Creative's #213 is another one to add to the bugging me category. very little mention of mollie in his ISO, aside from claiming mollie is saying the game is boring because she's scum, and yet he has her down as scum. Creative, can you explain where this read has come from?

VOTE: DragonQueen

I'm going here for the moment, and I'm going for lunch as well. I'll post later because I think post after post of quotes is going to be skimmed by people and not read.

In post 344, Mac wrote:suddenly I'm getting nervous vonflare. you've been quick to jump to your own defence a couple of times these past two pages over things that might not even have concerned you

In post 346, Mac wrote:that I didn't like your response to dragonqueen and I especially did not like your response to deathfisaro up there ^

In post 499, Mac wrote:
In post 436, DragonQueen wrote:VOTE: Unvote

No need to rush day's end anyway.

Mac, who was your last vote on? Was it us (DragonQueen)? Why didn't you ask any questions or do anything to further your read?

You haven't really done anything to make me change my mind? Between this post and my vote, you'd made 4 posts all of which were not very thrilling and didn't make me want to change my read. why didn't you acknowledge my vote and tell me why I'm wrong? I think the burden is more on you than me here IMO.

What are people's thoughts on lynching prawneater? I think he may be uninterested scum, but I'm not sure. It won't be much use if he flips town, which is sadly always a possibility. :/

Strongest townreads are Scripten & ducks. Still not liking DQ (pending reply to this post), random, vonflare and prawn as of right now.

In post 560, Mac wrote:
DragonQueen wrote:Lynching prawn is pointless, because unlike random, he has no content of note or associates.

Scripten, lalaladucks can answer as well about any games they've played together or with Mac. The hard town reads on each other at this stage in the game speak to something strange and at most one of those can be sheep but not all.

I've never played with either, but I don't think the other two are townreading me that hard. I also think this is a little bit of a strange point to be making; do I have to have played with people in order to be strong town-reading them? it looks like you're attempting to discredit my read.

Was there any other questions from that post? It's early and I'm struggling to wade through the spoiler/quote issues you had.

In post 531, Scripten wrote:
Not fond of these PR/lying gambit talks right now. Not scumreading anyone for them, necessarily, but these events are anti-town, in my opinion.

^^^^ nailed it.

DragonQueen wrote:I can fight you just pointlessly or I can show I'm town and have you show your town. Generally, unless it's a simple misunderstanding, I've found that arguing rarely gets me anywhere. Especially with a vote that's naked and not even on me anymore... I think.

I'll wait on prawneaters replacement before acting there. Going after prawneaters seems a waste in a sea of content or people flailing to avoid it... ala random. Another occupant in prawn's slot may help.

okay! Let's chat about my main issue with you; upon vonflare's replace-in, he made some comments (I forgot which) and you reacted really angrily, like way out of ordinary. Especially since, IMO, he was making a valid point upon entering the thread. So why did you have such an explosive reaction to a perfectly reasonable viewpoint?

In post 634, Mac wrote:Since you're obviously not very good at reading (I can do it too, see?)

Mac wrote:
okay! Let's chat about my main issue with you; upon vonflare's replace-in, he made some comments (I forgot which) and you reacted really angrily, like way out of ordinary. Especially since, IMO, he was making a valid point upon entering the thread. So why did you have such an explosive reaction to a perfectly reasonable viewpoint?

I mean this is me CLEARLY trying to engage with you and you've decided to ignore for reasons not known and have the cheek to put me down on my mafia skills. Fortunately, I care not for your opinion on how I play.

As for question 1, why does that have anything to do with my reads? Do you think because it's never happened before, it can't happen here?

I'm not gracing questions two nor three with an answer. Have a nice evening :)

In post 722, Mac wrote:UNVOTE:
VOTE: DragonQueen

I haven't read anything really since I posted bar the past few posts that I've skimmed. They are enough to convince me that this is the right vote for today.

In post 728, Mac wrote:
In post 724, elusive wrote:So you haven't actually read, good to know.

Nope! But it's clear to see Scripten has caught you and you're trying to bully your way out of it.

pedit - I'm still V/LA. Just skimming along.
pisskop
pisskop
Survivor
pisskop
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #756 (ISO) » Mon Apr 27, 2015 3:18 pm

Post by pisskop »

ugh. I want you all to keep in mind that effort/aggression is in no way alignment inicitive. Scripty's trying to save his scummy rumpus.
beeboy - Everyone thought this game was made to troll pie but it was really made to troll pisskop.
Almost50 pisskop: Overall, that's a townie slot. Don't ask for specifics because with PK everything can be interpreted either way. It's probably WHEN he says/does things that matter, so it's more of a matter of conception rather than solid reasoning.
DragonQueen
DragonQueen
Goon
DragonQueen
Goon
Goon

Post Post #757 (ISO) » Mon Apr 27, 2015 3:22 pm

Post by DragonQueen »

Provide reasoning for why lalaladucks town lean from post #671 jumped to scum in post #671. It's not a null to scum, it's a town lean to scum. But then again, you've shown an inability to be objective.

This game is about mafia, and its not about being nice so why would you expect that. By its very nature this is a competitive game and trash talking is a thing, I do wonder if people play competitive games at all when they profess to not know what it is to be in a competitive game. This game, unlike I don't know Scrabble or some shit like that, is about a group of town players who don't know each other trying to figure out the good from the bad before they all get lynched or NKed. There's bound to be nastiness because some townie is going to be accused of being scum when they know in their little innocent hearts and town PM that they are town. Scum never roll over to niceness.

Also, I've played on MS for a while and know far more abrasive or aggro players so possibly grow some thick skin or put me on a blacklist, I don't find you of the caliber to really care.

Actually, your reads are stagnant and haven't evolved even though you claim the game is health and vibrant. Lala's reads have no evidence or proof behind them other then to point to your posts as such which shows a lack of independent thinking. If you've suppossedly meta-ed her, which adds to the ISO I did on your other games on here emphasizing meta, then you are basically contradicting your value on meta in terms of my games on here. I'm not scumreading her for having fun, I'm scumreading her for not scum hunting and hiding behind colors, distractions and the reads of other plaers.. I've asked you to give proof of her logic or development of her reads that is natural and neither you nor she had done so.

I ISO players, its my thing. I imagine that in your supposed meta reads of me you must have seen it. Although, again you both deny the importance of meta when it's convenient and emphasizes it when it fits with your narrow tunnel vision game. If you aren't scum, then you'd be added to my "Don't other playing with, is horrid at this." list. Oh and to try to focus on my playstyle, scum do that every game. Town, in DOA which linked on my Wiki, do it for a short while and adjust or they don't matter.

I don't do olive branches with scum or alleged town players who get in my way. I already know I'm good for certain things and perhaps its prideful but I do not take kindly to players who get in the way of town winning the game.

STOP BLATANTLY LYING -> I quoted two games where you clearly state your preference for meta and meta diving, why the fuck are you lying about that? You've also pointed out that you've meta-ed Lalaladucks, so why - when its convenient are you lying about meta as one of your town tools?

Ugh, bad taste.
Scripten
Scripten
Mafia Scum
Scripten
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #758 (ISO) » Mon Apr 27, 2015 3:24 pm

Post by Scripten »

In post 756, pisskop wrote:ugh. I want you all to keep in mind that effort/aggression is in no way alignment inicitive. Scripty's trying to save his scummy rumpus.

You say while chainsaw defending DQ and refesing to answer any of the questions I've asked you.
DragonQueen
DragonQueen
Goon
DragonQueen
Goon
Goon

Post Post #759 (ISO) » Mon Apr 27, 2015 3:25 pm

Post by DragonQueen »

Repeating this because Scripten is trying to make it seem like meta isn't a big deal for him when its convenient and both of his most recent town games on this site show that it significantly is.

This is called being caught in a lie and contradiction.

In post 738, DragonQueen wrote:
Oh and now that I'm meta diving for real, Scripten. I'm looking at the three most recent games in your topics that are complete and show up chronologically. Two town and one scum.

Mini 1634 - You are Town:

http://forum.mafiascum.net/viewtopic.ph ... 5#p6482153

ISO shows that you interact with people, use meta to form initial reads and actually evolve your reads while asking relevant questions. I don't see that playstyle in this game at all, in fact you've stayed with the same reads you've had apparently since post #293

Relevant quotes that show your playstyle and focus as town:

"That said, can anyone provide good examples of Kaboose as town? I have no wiki page,
but I must meta."

"From my experience, new players panic about the same as scum as they do town, and experienced players don't really panic legitimately when a wagon grows on them. "

"Well shit Whiskers looks like town or possibly survivor/third-party. (Don't quote me too hard on that last one. I've got no experience third-party hunting.)
I'm guessing scum is somewhere in the lurking pile.
Gonna see if Kaboose flips and go from there, I guess..."

"It would have been nice to see everyone posting actively or whatnot."

"*(My vote is flying everywhere this game. Peeps be so scummy all over.)"

Town lost this game because of as the Mod pointed out "town apathy."

2. I'm also looking at NY 178: MASQUERADE (http://forum.mafiascum.net/viewtopic.ph ... 5#p6250557) in which you're a Werewolf Goon aka scum.

In this game, you hard push a person who scum reads you and actually are against giving reads even though it's 392 posts in (http://forum.mafiascum.net/viewtopic.ph ... 5#p6260115)

Izariel, who accurately scum reads you, is "pedantic" which reminds me of your calling me a bully, bitch, etc. (http://forum.mafiascum.net/viewtopic.ph ... 9#p6264559). You don't aggravate players as town, you do it as scum to those who are scum reading you accurately.

Actually, your ISO for this game is eerily a twin to your ISO in this game. You continue to name call people scumreading you as "pedantic" and try to ridicule their accurate reads (http://forum.mafiascum.net/viewtopic.ph ... 5#p6250557).

& finally, last but not least,
3. Micro 440: Triplicate Mafia (http://forum.mafiascum.net/viewtopic.ph ... 5#p6556154) in which you are town.

In this game you state:

"I tend to meta dive everyone I haven't played with before
so I can get an idea of what their RVS play might mean. Perp stood out because their RVS scumplay looked significantly different from this game. I have been commenting on my own group. Haven't you noticed? Doesn't mean I'm not going to see what everyone else posts."

"I must not be explaining very well here. I meta dove every player here that I haven't played with before to get an idea about RVS play from each of them, since D1 looks very important in this setup. Most RVS play is pretty generic, but Perp's stood out from their scum play, thus I mentioned it so that others would follow in my footsteps and check their meta."

In addition, you have about one fifth of the number of posts in your town games as you do in your scum game.

Are there any other recent games, Scripten, that you want me to look at that would counteract the fact that your meta as town and scum is quite different?

You state you've read my meta. Then you must have noted that in the Newbie game and DOA I had a ballistic fit, as town, when voted. You may have also noted that I don't respond well to baiting that you've engaged in and that scum in both games baited me to the point of several arguments? So if you are, as shown in your town games, a meta fiend then it seems you are trying to use my meta to cause me to explode. Which Titus noticed as well and called a distraction.
What are you trying to distract me from?

More importantly, as town you are pro-reads, pro-content and anti-lurking. As scum you are anti-reads lists and respond to people accurately scum reading you by trying to discredit them and make them look bad or illogical.

And so far your reads in this game stopped changing at post #293.

In both town games, you ask questions and interact with multiple players. You don't hard scumread anyone especially based on the inherent fallacies and misrepresentations (or misuse of meta) as you've engaged in this game.

Why?
Scripten
Scripten
Mafia Scum
Scripten
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #760 (ISO) » Mon Apr 27, 2015 3:26 pm

Post by Scripten »

You know what? Fine, Elusive. Go fuck yourself. I'm done. You're a shit player and likely a pretty shit person. I'm glad I don't know you in real life. Ciao.
DragonQueen
DragonQueen
Goon
DragonQueen
Goon
Goon

Post Post #761 (ISO) » Mon Apr 27, 2015 3:32 pm

Post by DragonQueen »

You tried to use my town meta against me and failed. You brought up meta a few times this game but refuse to point out how my meta in this game is different from my other town games even though you've obviously read them since you see the same pattern of aggression in them. Therefore, you blatantly lie about meta or use it only when its convenient. So, basically you refuse to respond to my questions about your possible associative friends who are all giving each other free hard town reads.

Are you replacing out? If you are town, I highly suggest it so someone competent who doesn't actively Or is this just theatrical nonsense that no one cares about?

See what I see here is you trying to distract from answering the real serious questions addressed to you.

I've answered every question and done my part. Just when you were to do yours, you engage in faux scum theater. Believe me, I've seen a lot of theater and drama in mafia games. I'm inured to this ATE crap.
DragonQueen
DragonQueen
Goon
DragonQueen
Goon
Goon

Post Post #762 (ISO) » Mon Apr 27, 2015 3:36 pm

Post by DragonQueen »

Your read on Senator, who has yet to be asked anything by the majority playerbase, is based entirely on his not agreeing with your read on me. You call it chainsawing even though, but I imagine if he agreed with your reads, he would move up to town again.

So therefore, your reads are that you aren't sure of most players but you are sure of me and even your original death read was based on that fact that he supported me. So summarize your scum read because from what I've questioned its not because of meta, not because of playstyle, not because of actual posts, but because of some nebulous reasons some of them purportedly having to do with my not being nice to you.

Awww.....
DragonQueen
DragonQueen
Goon
DragonQueen
Goon
Goon

Post Post #763 (ISO) » Mon Apr 27, 2015 3:47 pm

Post by DragonQueen »

In post 756, pisskop wrote:ugh. I want you all to keep in mind that effort/aggression is in no way alignment inicitive. Scripty's trying to save his scummy rumpus.

It's clear from his meta that he tries harder as scum and is less sure of himself as town. I've meta-ed three of the most recent finished games and will meta two more tomorrow night to see if it holds up but I'm guessing it will. The hyperfocus on me for the majority of his posts, lack of interactions with others that aren't weak or etc, and attempt to bait me into having a meltdown do not bode well.

If any player here actually did a meta read on me as I did for Scripten, it would illicit much information.

Oh and stray thought, the Mod post about PT being closed aka day chat probably not allowed for scum...the way its worded makes me wonder if we have masons in this game who might have a PT as well?

Eyestott, since setup spec is your thing - want to comment on that? It it normal in a Mini to have mason PT and it not be able to used in the day? I'm trying to think of what else is possible in terms of setup.
DragonQueen
DragonQueen
Goon
DragonQueen
Goon
Goon

Post Post #764 (ISO) » Mon Apr 27, 2015 3:49 pm

Post by DragonQueen »

And town should really try to be here for Twilight, if we manage to get a lynch because we get a Twilight post flip which is rarer then you would expect on MS but very useful.
DragonQueen
DragonQueen
Goon
DragonQueen
Goon
Goon

Post Post #765 (ISO) » Mon Apr 27, 2015 3:50 pm

Post by DragonQueen »

Wait @Mod, do we get a Twilight post flip or before the flip and how long might it be?

"11. To recognize that during twilight, the lynched player (if there is one) cannot talk during Twilight , and that no further votes and unvotes will count. Living players may continue to post."
Senator
Senator
Goon
Senator
Goon
Goon

Post Post #766 (ISO) » Mon Apr 27, 2015 4:40 pm

Post by Senator »

When is deadline?

Ill answer any reasonable questions you put in a spoiler, Scripten. I dont follow your wallfight very well.

@DQ, youll need to post that scum meta Im not following.
Creative
Creative
Goon
Creative
Goon
Goon

Post Post #767 (ISO) » Mon Apr 27, 2015 6:02 pm

Post by Creative »

Is too late for me to post what i want right now, i will post around 9pm tomorrow, along with my vote, wich is around 4 or 5h before the deadline, will be active from 9pm to midnight then. been working lately, sorry for the delay.
Futan
Futan
Goon
Futan
Goon
Goon

Post Post #768 (ISO) » Mon Apr 27, 2015 8:30 pm

Post by Futan »

Well, I'm back.

Trying to read through all the posts is a nightmare.

Why are some people not posting on the same account ? How is one supposed to keep up when you use different accounts...

What is chainsawing ?

I'm never going to wade through the last 31 pages and make any sense of it, so I'm likely just lynchbait.

Urgh
DragonQueen
DragonQueen
Goon
DragonQueen
Goon
Goon

Post Post #769 (ISO) » Mon Apr 27, 2015 10:20 pm

Post by DragonQueen »

Futan - When I'm phone posting, I have trouble logging into this account. Sometimes the site logs me out as soon as I log in, I'm not sure if its because me and Titus are both able to log-in or some phone settings but I will collect my posts in one spoilered post later on.

Chainsaw is attacking a player over their read on another player rather then dealing with content. In this case its more applicable to Scripten. I've asked him to give me a recent example of analysis that lalaladucks and Mac have done that is strong or worth defending and instead he continues to attack me rather then provide that data through quick ISO.

Senator, did you see the Werewolf game that I linked in my meta case? He's more aggressive as werewolf and constantly insults the player scumreading him. Is there another game you want me to look at it that helps with that slot? I don't really want to discuss Scripten further as I think I made it pretty clear through my analysis and he makes me feel sick.

On a more serious note.
This is a game and I've seen a lot of different kinds of attacks and been on the receiving and giving end of them. Usually though the site meta is stick to playstyle and game related attacks. Scripten has now, several times, attacked me about RL or insulted me in terms of RL. I've PMed Espeonage about this as I do not accept RL attacks over a game. It's a really low blow and disgusting. If it happens again I will go to the list mod and ask for serious action. Players can be attacked for their play in the game, for their lack of logic or etc, but personal attacks are highly offensive and no one should have to deal with them simply because they ask players to provide reads or point out inconsistencies in play.

In fact #718, #760 I think has crossed site rules so asking for Mod assistance at this point. I'm not going further into the ISO because its disgusting but he several times when I'm making a in-game point refers to real life and brings real life insults into the game. That's just not acceptable.
Espeonage
Espeonage
any
Survivor
Espeonage
any
Survivor
Survivor
Pronoun: any

Post Post #770 (ISO) » Mon Apr 27, 2015 10:26 pm

Post by Espeonage »

Thread is being locked. Deadline is locked. It may be extended.
Don't @ me.
Espeonage
Espeonage
any
Survivor
Espeonage
any
Survivor
Survivor
Pronoun: any

Post Post #771 (ISO) » Tue Apr 28, 2015 10:23 pm

Post by Espeonage »

In post 1, Espeonage wrote:
1. To remember that this is a game and to have fun, be respectful, and try not to take anything personally.

Thread is being reopened, I encourage everyone to not make personal attacks.

I am going to increase deadline to 24 hours.

I am very sorry about the delay, but I try to put player enjoyment first and take everyone and their concerns seriously.

Scripten has requested replacement.
Don't @ me.
Senator
Senator
Goon
Senator
Goon
Goon

Post Post #772 (ISO) » Wed Apr 29, 2015 12:20 am

Post by Senator »

Well piss.

A lot of activity here is a problem. The best way to reboot tis is to et peoole to state why they are voting whomever.

I still think that the sudden stagnation is a bad sign about the current leading wagon.

DQ, what about Rando? Scum/no?
vonflare
vonflare
doot
vonflare
doot
doot

Post Post #773 (ISO) » Wed Apr 29, 2015 12:34 am

Post by vonflare »

UNVOTE: whomever I'm voting for

Going to reread
THIS POST IS PROVIDED "AS IS", WITHOUT WARRANTY OF ANY KIND, EXPRESS OR IMPLIED, INCLUDING BUT NOT LIMITED TO THE WARRANTIES OF MERCHANTABILITY, FITNESS FOR A PARTICULAR PURPOSE AND NONINFRINGEMENT.
DeasVail
DeasVail
he/him
Survivor
DeasVail
he/him
Survivor
Survivor
Pronoun: he/him

Post Post #774 (ISO) » Wed Apr 29, 2015 1:43 am

Post by DeasVail »

I'm pretty sure the last few pages is town fighting with each other, with Senator possible scum, but I think I'm still keener on pursuing eyestott right now.

Scripten, I enjoyed playing with you and if it's possible for you not to replace out I think that would be pretty cool, but if you feel it is required then I understand. All the best in any case.

DragonQueen, I think I've been pretty clear lately on thinking Creative is town. I'm not concerned about the decline in activity at this time either. I'll get to my read on eyestott at the end of this post.

In post 768, Futan wrote:I'm never going to wade through the last 31 pages and make any sense of it, so I'm likely just lynchbait.

I often have this problem too, but I guess my advice would be don't stress too hard about how in-depth you get to read the game. If I have a strong townread on someone and I'm struggling to keep up with the game, I'll often put much less thought into my reading of their posts than I will with someone whose alignment I'm unsure of or is a scumread.

Ok, and now it's time for my eyestott read. It's not going to be anything amazing, but he's who I want to vote for today. There are two main reasons for this. What I've been watching out for for a while now is what he does with his randomidget read. I'm still a bit iffy on , since I do feel that posting a case and then hammering right afterwards serves the scum agenda of wanting to look good better than the town agenda of wanting to lynch scum, but there is a number of town possibilities for this (pointed out by Scripten) and this isn't part of my read. What I do find suspicious, however, is eyestott's lack of real follow-up on randomidget despite having wanted to hammer him earlier. He has been busy and this is why I've waited, but the posts he has been able to make don't reflect this. What happened to him wanting to lynch random? Is he no longer wanting to lynch random due to town's loss of interest in this lynch? This is my suspicion, and it makes his desire to hammer random seem very reactive to the game rather than a product of his own read.

This sort of ties in with his reaction to me in , which is the other part of my scumread. I'm pretty happy with what I said in about it.

After thinking about it, I've decided that I'd also be willing to vote for Senator (this is the same person as pisskop right?), as I don't like his behaviour in response to DragonQueen/Scripten, which I think is a town vs. town thing.

Return to “Completed Mini Theme Games”