House
House
Survivor
House
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #275 (ISO) » Fri May 01, 2015 3:13 pm

Post by House »

In post 273, farside22 wrote:Someone is awfully touchy over being poked and prodded for reads that have substance instead of wishy stances.

Soren: is your friend typically the touchy type?

I'd be pissed at you for such a shitty push, too.
The apology that resulted in my indefinite ban:

https://tinyimg.io/i/ZX5Yjhw.png
lalaladucks
lalaladucks
a study in thread
lalaladucks
a study in thread
a study in thread

Post Post #276 (ISO) » Fri May 01, 2015 3:15 pm

Post by lalaladucks »

Suzune comes across as genuine to me and I believe her so I have a nulltownish read on her atm.
I think farside is town but I don't think the continued pushing on this one issue will achieve much.
Suzune
Suzune
Mafia Scum
Suzune
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #277 (ISO) » Fri May 01, 2015 3:15 pm

Post by Suzune »

You want to say something, you say it to me. You do not ask Soren. I do not need someone to defend me farside, as I told Soren and his little "back me" crusade from earlier.

Listen to me farside. As I have said earlier. I have nothing new to say to you. I will give reads when I have them and I feel like they should be posted. If you are so certain vote for me already and I will laugh when I get lynched as a townie.
farside22
farside22
Mafia Mum
farside22
Mafia Mum
Mafia Mum

Post Post #278 (ISO) » Fri May 01, 2015 3:18 pm

Post by farside22 »

In post 266, House wrote:
In post 263, farside22 wrote:
In post 258, House wrote:
In post 257, farside22 wrote:
I missed that Soren and suz were RL friends, sorry Soren but I think your girl got a scum role.

Got something to back that up? And I hope "something" is more than her trying to make a good impression. That's not scummy, it's just newb.

She doesn't read as this is my first game newb to me

Maybe you should check her total topics. She's brand new to this site, so her "best foot forward" approach doesn't suggest anything alignment indicative.

So back to your comment here. I've had players from different places I've played with. If suz is being honest about a 24 hour day place, there tend to be quick lynches with very little analysis. Those sites tend to be quick, fast and hard so I'm not sure why she's getting bent out of shape at my poking.
Even the post she made about you was the I don't see why you attacked aero, you have buzz words like interesting and keeping an eye on but why? There is no scum motivation she states for what you did with aero.
She is still keeping her options open for scum reads.
You can count on it.
Sarcasm is just a way of saying how stupid you think someone is but in a more polite way.
farside22
farside22
Mafia Mum
farside22
Mafia Mum
Mafia Mum

Post Post #279 (ISO) » Fri May 01, 2015 3:19 pm

Post by farside22 »

In post 276, lalaladucks wrote:Suzune comes across as genuine to me and I believe her so I have a nulltownish read on her atm.
I think farside is town but I don't think the continued pushing on this one issue will achieve much.

We'll see.

Sure thing suz.

Vote: Suzanne
Sarcasm is just a way of saying how stupid you think someone is but in a more polite way.
Aeronaut
Aeronaut
He/Him
Jack of All Trades
Aeronaut
He/Him
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades
Pronoun: He/Him

Post Post #280 (ISO) » Fri May 01, 2015 4:48 pm

Post by Aeronaut »

Reading what I missed

People voting Grapes, can you tell me why?
2023 W/L | 1-0
Aeronaut
Aeronaut
He/Him
Jack of All Trades
Aeronaut
He/Him
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #281 (ISO) » Fri May 01, 2015 5:00 pm

Post by Aeronaut »

In post 161, grapes wrote:
In post 156, House wrote:you haven't done anything I liked.

I don't care.

I also wouldn't feel right giving reads when it's like page 7(and more than half the posts are from two people) and there's a good number of people who haven't posted anything substantial or even anything at all.

Like how do you even post genuine reads without having a full gauge of all the players in the game? It's counterproductive.

This post comes off as a tad abrasive for my taste.
2023 W/L | 1-0
Aeronaut
Aeronaut
He/Him
Jack of All Trades
Aeronaut
He/Him
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #282 (ISO) » Fri May 01, 2015 5:01 pm

Post by Aeronaut »

Bookitty, what are your thoughts on the gamestate, right now? You're usually very town if you're town, and if that's the case I'd love your opinion.
2023 W/L | 1-0
BlankFace
BlankFace
Goon
BlankFace
Goon
Goon

Post Post #283 (ISO) » Fri May 01, 2015 5:35 pm

Post by BlankFace »

I'm breaking this into multiple posts because it's a massive wall of text otherwise.

I don't like or post . The answer to the question is super easy to manipulate. Farside's intent seems town but the answer to her question and her reply are both pretty fluff unless someone can confirm. Which is why I asked if anyone who's played with Farside can confirm. Soren, can you confirm what Suzune said? Have you played games as town and scum before? Can you link to them?

I don't like . Telling someone how to act is not town motivated. Grapes calls her out for it in and raises a good point. Town shouldn't be worried about changing their play to avoid accusation. Suzune responds and but I don't feel like it's an actual answer. Grapes asks for what the motivation behind changing your play as town is when you are supposed to be hunting and Suzune responds with "Ally Hunting". Maybe it's my newness to this format, is Ally Hunting an actual thing? I don't see town motivation in attempting to make people try to like you. That's the basis of AtE, isn't it? I also don't understand how a vote on someone is an attempt to clear them of being scum, beyond reading reactions and prodding. Can you elaborate Suzune?

counters farsides argument that Suzune is being open with her reads. Grapes is listed as clearly scum, I'm missing what Farside finds wishy-washy about it. What I find interesting is that Suzune reads the two most active players as town. Well, Lucian is "probably" town and House is "leaning town, however I remain uncertain." So yeah, there's wiggle room there. I can see that. The Aero comment is pretty fluff.

Suzune: What tone did you read in and which post were you talking about?
BlankFace
BlankFace
Goon
BlankFace
Goon
Goon

Post Post #284 (ISO) » Fri May 01, 2015 5:36 pm

Post by BlankFace »

I don't like the way that is worded. At this point, House has backed off the Aero offensive and put Aero at his top town in . Again, I have to ask if scum House is likely to make the mistake that he's being attacked on. From the reverence that people seem to have for him, I have a hard time picturing it. The post also ignores the way House's read changed. So Soren, how do you feel about Aero being House's top town from the last time he posted his list?

, I'd love to hear your reasoning Peregrine. What about Grapes is giving you a scum read? Votes without context don't help town.
Can you provide links to the meta you have on Soren?

Soren soft-defends Suzune. I already commented on this, I don't like it or understand it. Lucian, you said that you can read Soren like a book. Something about a PSI wavelength or something. Is Soren the kind of person who'd manipulate a friend to get ahead as scum?

is not an answer to my question.

I like Lucian's reasoning in . Minus the read on Soren. I don't agree with the interpretation in though. The " however I have learned that if you think your place in someone's reads is wrong then you must make a change" comment doesn't speak to me about town collaboration. It reeks of a self-awareness that doesn't sit right with me. Who cares if someone scum reads you this early in the game? Her comment looks like a weird buddy to me more than anything.

The more Lucian posts, the better I feel about him being town.
BlankFace
BlankFace
Goon
BlankFace
Goon
Goon

Post Post #285 (ISO) » Fri May 01, 2015 5:36 pm

Post by BlankFace »

Suzune, I didn't imply that his defense of you painted you in a bad light. Just him. This is an interesting reaction, especially in the 'End of Story' aspect. It's not something I'm going to drop and I'm not sure why you felt threatened by a push onto Soren.

: What about Boo's two posts make you think scum Farside?

I really like as far as the read on House goes. I don't see scum going against the grain against the reads of House as town like that. I like House's as a response. The more I read of Suzune, the more of a frustrated town feeling I get. Reading back through Farside's case, I'm not feeling it. There's been more content than just fluff and there have been comments that I find far more suspicious that Farside hasn't commented on.

Grapes and are pretty hypocritical. So House can't have reads but you can?

We need to hear from Katsuki and Kitty and Pere.

VOTE: Soren. For being the second most active player in the game, Soren has a lot of fluff and very little hunting besides tunneling onto House's game history mistake. Besides the RVS cuteness comments, he asked Peregrine if his vote was RVS in , which I think pretty obviously was. The only things I know about how Soren feels about the game for sure is that he feels duck and Lucian is town and House is scum. There was a small push on grapes in that he never followed through with. Sorry Lucian, I think your telepathic connection might be a bit more off than you think.
lalaladucks
lalaladucks
a study in thread
lalaladucks
a study in thread
a study in thread

Post Post #286 (ISO) » Fri May 01, 2015 6:14 pm

Post by lalaladucks »

In post 280, Aeronaut wrote:Reading what I missed

People voting Grapes, can you tell me why?

Yeah, it was RVS but then grapes has seemed maybe a little bit off, hence the vote remained. It's just a verrrrry weak suspicion though (I was in fact thinking grapes was quite town earlier) :mrgreen:
lalaladucks
lalaladucks
a study in thread
lalaladucks
a study in thread
a study in thread

Post Post #287 (ISO) » Fri May 01, 2015 6:15 pm

Post by lalaladucks »

In post 281, Aeronaut wrote:
In post 161, grapes wrote:
In post 156, House wrote:you haven't done anything I liked.

I don't care.

I also wouldn't feel right giving reads when it's like page 7(and more than half the posts are from two people) and there's a good number of people who haven't posted anything substantial or even anything at all.

Like how do you even post genuine reads without having a full gauge of all the players in the game? It's counterproductive.

So you think it's scummy? Or just unpleasant and not alignment indicative?
lalaladucks
lalaladucks
a study in thread
lalaladucks
a study in thread
a study in thread

Post Post #288 (ISO) » Fri May 01, 2015 6:36 pm

Post by lalaladucks »

Ooooh, BlankFace's last few posts are nice. He's town for now :D
Skullduggery
Skullduggery
Mafia Scum
Skullduggery
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #289 (ISO) » Fri May 01, 2015 6:58 pm

Post by Skullduggery »

Day 1, Vote Count #4

Current Vote Count:

(0)
Bookitty
(0)
d3x
(1)
House -- Bookitty
(1)
Soren -- BlankFace
(1)
LucianRoy -- grapes
(1)
Suzune -- farside22
(1)
BlankFace -- PeregrineV
(1)
farside22 -- Suzune
(0)
PeregrineV
(0)
lalaladucks
(0)
Katsuki
(0)
Aeronaut
(3)
grapes -- Soren, lalaladucks, Katsuki

Not Voting:
d3x, Aeronaut, House, LucianRoy

With 13 players remaining, it takes 7 votes to hammer.

d3x is V/LA until 5/4

Day 1 Will End on Thursday, May 14th, at 7 p.m. eastern time.
Countdown: (expired on 2015-05-14 19:00:00)

Spoiler:

lalaladucks
lalaladucks
a study in thread
lalaladucks
a study in thread
a study in thread

Post Post #290 (ISO) » Fri May 01, 2015 7:10 pm

Post by lalaladucks »

I must say that this mod is awesome.

Thanks Skullduggery!

(̶◉͛‿◉̶)
grapes
grapes
Mafia Scum
grapes
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #291 (ISO) » Fri May 01, 2015 8:31 pm

Post by grapes »

In post 185, Suzune wrote:I apologize if I was not clear. What I mean is finding allies is as important as finding enemies. If you see everyone as against you, it is hard. So I suppose in a certain light voting for someone who you want to be townie is like trying to clear them or ally hunting.

Could you explain what you thought you were responding to here? Because it clearly wasn't to my post. And also please elaborate more on what you meant.

In post 186, Suzune wrote:actually I believe I did not answer your question. I instead answered what I was thinking and not what you were asking. I am not suggesting that you change the way you play. I was instead commenting on the way the tone sounded in your post. We have never played together before they is just my first impression, therefore, if you stick with it I will get used to it.

I'm not entirely sure but I think this was just a really nice way of saying I'm a jerk and to 'play nice' or something along those lines. Correct me if I'm wrong.

How about this - I'll play mafia my way, and you play your way. Sound fair?

How is my 'tone' at all relevant to my alignment?

In post 222, LucianRoy wrote:It seemed like a decent way to insert myself into the game since everyone's vote during that stage was kind of jokish/silly. If I could present reasons why I find someone town, and look at the votes on people voting them, deeming them to be on a town player, I voted the person voting that town player. It's mostly to see what they do/ how they react to it. Scum would make a big deal about it, deny it, but not really take action against it, as they want to "lay low." House just OMGUS'd me right away, but later I figured out it was mostly a reactional jab from him going at players who jabbed him. It was a semi-RVS vote that served its purpose, and I'm reading house as town right now.

As for Soren, he's still pretty town in my opinion from what he's presented in-game so far.
Except for his read on house. I just think house screwed up by placing that one game there. Soren is still going after it.

The back pedaling commences.

So here's the big question. Was it a 'jokish' rvs vote or a reaction test? I mean I guess it could be both. But that's also tough to buy because you backed it with a lot of words - and it looked like a serious vote, at least to me.

I actually like soren calling that out. I only asked house to provide meta to see if he was bullshitting about having anything convincing or not. He didn't.

I asked for him to provide parallels - what I got was 'I know how aero thinks because I played scum with him.'

Do you think claiming to have incriminating meta on someone when you actually don't is town motivated?

If it was just a mistake then why didn't he fix it by providing the actual meta that he claimed to have later?
grapes
grapes
Mafia Scum
grapes
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #292 (ISO) » Fri May 01, 2015 8:36 pm

Post by grapes »

In post 245, LucianRoy wrote:
In post 244, BlankFace wrote:I think Soren's read is bullshit. I wouldn't count him as having a good read, if that's what you are doing. If other players were concerned enough with House's scum play to pile on him in RVS, I doubt that scum House would make a mistake like that. It doesn't fit the image that's forming of him. The constant push seems too easy to make, his defense of Suzune is worrying but I can't make out if it's just over protective or buddying and WKing. I like House for town. I like Farside's line of questioning and I dont like the people who've used Soren's "friendliness meta". I'll pull the quotes when I'm home. Doesn't mean I'm going to stop questioning though, I disagree about questions becoming circular.

i don't really think his read is that substantial as well, for it's not really a read at all. I think House just made that one mistake when he tried to bring up Aero's meta. I'm not too worried about his slight defense of Suzu. They've played a lot of games with each other as well. Your town read on house is mutual, but I'd have to look at farside more.

Alright, this is some actual stuff. This is good, I like this. More of this. Please.
UNVOTE: Blankface

Ps. Soren and Suzu are friends as well.

This back down off of blankface was too easy.

Some wifom bullshit about house to justify a town read - likes farsides questions - doesn't like people using soren's 'friendlyness meta' (aka you lucian) and sorens not alignment indicitve defense of suzune having her reads being called shit is 'worrying'

Your push and everything in is looking kinda fake because there's nothing compelling at all in blankface's 244 to really justify it.
grapes
grapes
Mafia Scum
grapes
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #293 (ISO) » Fri May 01, 2015 8:39 pm

Post by grapes »

EBWOP: to really justify the unvote.
grapes
grapes
Mafia Scum
grapes
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #294 (ISO) » Fri May 01, 2015 8:55 pm

Post by grapes »

In post 281, Aeronaut wrote:

Get used to it I guess?

I wasn't really in quite that good a mood at the time admittedly, but I don't think my post was anything too mean spirited. It's tough to respond enthusiastically to people that spam fuck the thread quoting all your posts with obnoxious remarks because they think it's funny or they're scum-hunting when really it's just annoying and borderline anti-town.
grapes
grapes
Mafia Scum
grapes
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #295 (ISO) » Fri May 01, 2015 9:00 pm

Post by grapes »

In post 285, BlankFace wrote:So House can't have reads but you can?

Where did I say house couldn't have reads? I called them garbage yea because I know they're wrong but he can certainly feel free to post them.

Also strange how in context I think it'd be easy to infer I was talking about a 'reads list' although not specifically stated so I'll chalk this up to a misinterpretation instead of you just digging for...hypocrisy? Do you think being a hypocrite is alignment indicative across the board anyway?

In post 288, lalaladucks wrote:Ooooh, BlankFace's last few posts are nice. He's town for now :D

What specifically did you like about them?
farside22
farside22
Mafia Mum
farside22
Mafia Mum
Mafia Mum

Post Post #296 (ISO) » Sat May 02, 2015 12:28 am

Post by farside22 »

Hey blank.
I'm going to bold in suz post why her post read wishy and open to vote for whomever.

In post 179, Suzune wrote:Thank you for the good day Soren.

Of the people I noticed posting so far:

Soren is playing nice and casual asking questions about the people who have played before and their history.
It does not strike me as either town or mafia.

Lucian seems to be enjoying playing with people he is familiar with. It is changing he writing voice from what I am used to, however his posts are generall well backed, so he is probably town.

Grapes is on the offense. They seem to be lookin to challenge and insert themselves into the conversation. This seems like
both from a lack of understanding the inside jokes and as a way to question the apparent trust between Lucian, house, and areo. It is actually and interesting approach to fretting inside a conversation,
however it does look super scummy.

House is very sure about his playstyle and he lets everyone now with his words. That quadruple post where he is serious and is ending random voting phase is interesting. Why continue to state you claim over and over. There are so few pages yet you could hardly qualify the topic as difficult to read. He knows Lucian and has a joking, baiting, yet serious line of questioning. Perhaps a little too buddy buddy for my taste.
All of this being said he is leaning town, however I remain uncertain.

Aero, I hope you do not mind that I shortened your name. While there were many posts I still do not have a good sense of who you are yet.

Everyone else is just kind of null until I see them interact more.

So out of all the players she says one is prob town.
The others are open to good and bad comments. Grapes trying to insert himself between a convo isn't scummy. It's actually null even with the way suz described the situation in bold.
House is town but she remains uncertain.
Yada, yada, yada
farside22
farside22
Mafia Mum
farside22
Mafia Mum
Mafia Mum

Post Post #297 (ISO) » Sat May 02, 2015 12:35 am

Post by farside22 »

Blank: in regards to kitty, she didn't say much and even when she's busy she still tends to post more.
She obviously read the first page where I voted her and she read house too based on her post, but she said she Skimmed the last pages.
I'm pretty sure based on her response to me she's done more then skimmed a few last pages.
Bookitty
Bookitty
Jack of All Trades
Bookitty
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #298 (ISO) » Sat May 02, 2015 1:25 am

Post by Bookitty »

Welcome to my fabulous, spectacular Third Day of Day One readslist! Cookies and punch are available at the back, and if you don't see your name, I don't have a read on you yet!

House
- I'm going to go with town on House. Please don't sheep this read, because I'm aware that House is really good at playing scum. He seems really town to me, though, and I still don't want to lynch him today.

Soren
- I had Soren as town early, mainly for the fluff which is an integral part of his town game. doesn't please me, though; I did get a mild town-read off Suzune for rejecting the WK. It's not until that I start to lose my shiny new townread on Soren.

In post 213, Soren wrote:Farside where is this heading?

I never like this. Interfering with how other people scumhunt is generally a sign that you're scum. I'm surprised Farside didn't react more dramatically, though.

LucianRoy
- I have no idea what the hat buddy code entails, but I misread Lucian very badly early on in the only game I've had with him, so despite his WKing of Soren, I'm going to let this go with an IGMEOY for now. I can verify that they are friends, but I'm not on board with LR's read of Soren.

Suzune
- To me, she's obviously new to the site. I think it's weird that Farside picked out the easiest target to push here. Disliking someone's writing/playstyle does not equal them being scum. Suzune hasn't done anything I see as scummy so far.

BlankFace
- I liked his push on LucianRoy for the WK on Soren. I really like his vote on Soren and I do think his questions are on point and relevant. I have him as town.

farside22
- I do not like her push on Suzune for what are essentially playstyle issues. I do not like that she ignored that I was busy yesterday and couldn't post (I do not post on my phone because I have this weird penchant for being understood). I think I was pretty clear that I was busy yesterday (and will be again until later this afternoon). Farside tunnels both as scum and as town in my experience; in Quil's Smalltown, she repeatedly "misunderstood" game mechanics to push suspicions of me. I missed it early on in that game because I so wanted her to be town, so I'm not making that mistake again.

lalaladucks
- I had a gutread of town on lalaladucks based on her early fluff posting. I'm less enthused about things like this:

In post 286, lalaladucks wrote:Yeah, it was RVS but then grapes has seemed maybe a little bit off, hence the vote remained. It's just a verrrrry weak suspicion though (I was in fact thinking grapes was quite town earlier)

Suspecting, justifying a vote and backing off the read all in one post? That sounds basically like what Farside accused Suzune of, but way more direct. Null read at best now.

Aeronaut
- Okay, I'm going to buck the trend of people reading Aeronaut as town. These bother me:

In post 119, Aeronaut wrote:Yea, I'd like to think my scumgame has improved from my second game on-site.

In post 126, Aeronaut wrote:
In post 122, House wrote:
He has a nasty habit of getting caught early, and these posts I've quoted are right in line with that.

I really don't have that habit

Aeronaut is a pretty swashbuckling player and these read as almost taunting to me. Yeah, could be scum.

grapes
- Way too hostile; I have zero meta on him (her?) though and no time right now to get any. I will do a meta dive to find out more about playstyle. I do think hypocrisy is a scumtell insofar as it indicates cognitive dissonance, for the record.

To everyone
: Sorry for not participating more yesterday. I did warn you!

UNVOTE:
VOTE: Soren
"Oh, you can't help that," said the Cat: "we're all mad here. I'm mad. You're mad."
"How do you know I'm mad?" said Alice.
"You must be," said the Cat, "or you wouldn't have come here."
Soren
Soren
Mafia Scum
Soren
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #299 (ISO) » Sat May 02, 2015 1:26 am

Post by Soren »

Bookitty :(

Return to “Completed Mini Theme Games”