Mafia Scum
RIP
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #1626 (ISO) » Mon May 11, 2015 4:15 am

Post by RIP »

In post 1620, Lady Lambdadelta wrote:
Vote: Ooba

Lady this is a short version of what happened to ur team.

Scum got RKO outta nowhere

RIP
RIP
Mafia Scum
RIP
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #1627 (ISO) » Mon May 11, 2015 4:17 am

Post by RIP »

Can we choose a wagon and stick with it.
FFS
Let's jsut screen one scummy person and get on with this lynch. Waste of time
RIP
RIP
Mafia Scum
RIP
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #1628 (ISO) » Mon May 11, 2015 4:19 am

Post by RIP »

In post 1622, Battlestar Galactica wrote:
“I am not fit to wear the uniform … and maybe I never was. Then again, neither are you.” –
Lee ‘Apollo’ Adama

VOTE COUNT 2.05

ooba (6)
- sangres, ValiliaRei, Brian Skies, RIP, THE WRONG LYNCH, Lady Lambdadelta
ValiliaRei (3)
- ooba, AngryPidgeon, Mantisdreamz
Andrius (2)
- Porochaz, NotAnAxehole

Not voting (7)
- Bookitty, Andrius, Nero Cain, Toogeloo, SnowStorm, Nikanor, curiouskarmadog

SCREEN COUNT

AngryPidgeon (4)
- Nero Cain, AngryPidgeon, SnowStorm, Toogeloo
Porochaz (3)
- ValiliaRei, Mantisdreamz, RIP
ValiliaRei (2)
- Bookitty, Porochaz
Andrius (2)
- Brian Skies, THE WRONG LYNCH
Lady Lambdadelta (2)
- Nikanor, Lady Lambdadelta
sangres (1)
- ooba
THE WRONG LYNCH (1)
- sangres

Not voting (3)
- Andrius, curiouskarmadog, NotAnAxehole

With 18 votes in play, it will take 10 to lynch or screen.

Deadline: (expired on 2015-05-23 12:38:00)

More votes on porochaz
He has 4 now
Porochaz
Porochaz
Oh, Prozac
Porochaz
Oh, Prozac
Oh, Prozac

Post Post #1629 (ISO) » Mon May 11, 2015 4:32 am

Post by Porochaz »

Toogeloo wrote:The paranoia in me almost wonders if ooba and prozac are trying to work this out together.

With an outed scum, that would be almost suicidal for me to do and if she is the sleeper, Im working my butt off trying to get her exposed to town. That doesn't really make much sense.

In post 1533, Nero Cain wrote:but is she the best screen today instead of someone like LLD or WS? 'cause idk if I'd be able to get them lynched without a guilty.

Im not sure who WS is. However what does LLD do to make you all think she is super-hard to get lynched? I mean I can't remember an actual mafia game I've played with her. (I've played BSG with her a lot though) Her posting here is not indicative of town, what is more she is actively against town in her posting style. Not today obviously, but if we were wanting to put a wagon on her at the very least, I would be all over that.

I really do need someone to explain this because her play so far is so far removed from her posting style that I don't get it.

In post 1534, ValiliaRei wrote:
In post 1452, Porochaz wrote:Page 56

In post 1393, ValiliaRei wrote:
In post 1390, ValiliaRei wrote:
@ooba
- If you were looking for Roslin, why did you target Tammy who was claiming Helena Cain? What made you think she might be Roslin?

And
@Porochaz
- Why didn't this strike you as odd?

1. I didn't see it.
2. She wasn't as far as I can
3. I've made that mistake as town more times than I can count.

You didn't see what?

I didn't see the claim, but I believe that is because she never claimed Helena Cain. That is what I meant by points 1 and 2. I post my thoughts as they come to me, so it might be confusing to read at times. To summarise everything there, I don't think she claimed Helena Cain and if she did, it was obviously easily missed.

I liked his claim over yours for a few reasons.

1. A small amount of mod meta.
2. It was similar to roles we had already seen.
3. JOAT is commonly used as a scum role.
4. Your one-shot revealed ability could be useful for scum.

In regards to your points, when you claimed that you thought she was Helena Cain, I skimmed through her iso, I didn't see it. You will have to point it out to me.

All this boils down to is some breadcrumbing that I didn't see. That I didn't believe was there (and wasn't, apparently). Targeting Tammy in that fake-role doesn't seem off to me. His claim was vaguer than I liked, however I refer back to point 1 in my reasons, it is the kind of role that I could see CDB putting into a game like this. Hence why it was a nice claim, it had me fooled.

I don't think screening people who are sleeper doesn't make sense. I think considering that they themselves don't know they are sleeper, it's one of the most powerful things we can do.

In post 1556, sangres wrote:because ooba's team knew he was going down today. AP's reaction looks like cautious paranoia. WL's post actually seemed addressed to ooba.

This is interesting and I will subscribe to your newsletter.

It also means that the prep time and discussion time is a lot longer. It's an issue that Im going to have to think about.

In post 1560, RIP wrote:
notanaxehole
I want you to understand that I was able to clear u easily.
I understand I might be wrong but I don't think so...

...I have cleared a lot of people and done a lot of work.
I'm town and that's it. If I'm the sleeper then is unfortunate since I will have destroyed the scum team by d4

Have you seen the Good Wife? It's a good show. However there is a judge on the show who is relevant right now.

You haven't cleared anyone. "In your opinion" you think someone is town or scum. That is all. Once you get that, people might start listening to you. Providing evidence to backup your claims would help as well.

In post 1563, RIP wrote:How can I iso a player posts and then search for a keyword?
This is hindering my style of scum hunting. I need to be able to do this

Isoing a player is at the bottom of the page, then control + F.

@LLD
What are your opinions of RIP's thoughts on you?

@RIP
Please read your posts 1586 - 1588. Can you see why these might not be understandable to the rest of us? I have no idea what you have posted in that chain. When you are posting if you could slow down, that would be useful.

AP's 1596 is annoyingly true. Look I know all this, but Im going on gut as well here. (Also a bad view of the odds) I was pretty sure that ooba wouldn't have been that observant. There is an element also of the jigsaw pieces falling into place for him to be able to write that message the way he did. That's my issue. It's all a bit convenient. I don't want to let this go.

In post 1610, Mantisdreamz wrote:another thing i wonder about, is - if indeed the 3 of us stranded on the island, were all town - then scum, would of had pretty good control of the lynch on day 1. which makes me wonder if nero's voting restriction (as scum) could have been put into place to balance the first day out?

^AP, you are here - what are your thoughts on that and on nero in general?

i feel kind of bad for really only addressing AP and TWL.. but it's kind of difficult to amalgamate in with the rest of town, atm

Well the sleeper kind of balances that out surely. It would suggest 4 players out of 17, which doesn't seem to bad to me?

Ah everyone else has posted that as well.

In post 1619, curiouskarmadog wrote:unless the game explodes today, I will catch up and vote (unless we dont have a screen yet). i dont want to screen Val and want those voting Val for a screen to explain why.

You should probably read then post. As a lot of this has been covered. Multiple times.

In post 1620, Lady Lambdadelta wrote:
Vote: Ooba

In post 1303, Nero Cain wrote:^
useless post

And finally...

In post 1628, RIP wrote:More votes on porochaz
He has 4 now

Use your words...

Right, I don't particularly get the logic of the screen's on me. There doesn't seem to be a point beyond "he has a differing opinion from me", you can do it if you want, but it's a waste. So yeah, thanks to AP and Mantis, I understand that my screen is probably a bit funked. There is still something really off about it though, but I'm willing to pass on it.

unscreen, screen Andrius

More reasons that are probably to obvious for scum, but I think it's the best option here. Look at the extremely obvious crumbs and Tammy's flip. As I say, I realise that it is probably to obvious.
Mostly retired. Unless you ask or it's something interesting.
Porochaz
Porochaz
Oh, Prozac
Porochaz
Oh, Prozac
Oh, Prozac

Post Post #1630 (ISO) » Mon May 11, 2015 4:33 am

Post by Porochaz »

That post took hours.
SnowStorm
SnowStorm
Mafia Scum
SnowStorm
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #1631 (ISO) » Mon May 11, 2015 4:39 am

Post by SnowStorm »

Screen: Porochaz
Nero Cain
Nero Cain
Survivor
Nero Cain
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #1632 (ISO) » Mon May 11, 2015 4:43 am

Post by Nero Cain »

In post 1621, sangres wrote:What case on Valila did we ignore?

In post 1306, Brian Skies wrote:Damn. I really thought you were more likely to be scum. If it's not you then it's Valilla. I'm Racetrack and I watched Tammy last night. Those were the only two to visit her and it's why I didn't want to screen her today. I think one, but not both, are scum.

VOTE: Valilla

I can explain more tonight.

In post 1361, sangres wrote:
Vote: ooba

I truly don't understand why people are actually voting valila. I'll post more later when I'm not locked out of my apartment on the only cold day of the year, but for now

I think it was perfectly clear why Val was getting voted. I also would not put it past you to go ahead and vote your dying buddy to try and salvage some town cred.
Of all tyrannies,a tyranny sincerely exercised for the good of its victims may be the most oppressive. It would be better to live under robber barons than under omnipotent moral busybodies. The robber baron's cruelty may sometimes sleep but those who torment us for our own good will torment us without end they do so with the approval of their own conscience.

edited c.s. lewis quote b/c limit
Porochaz
Porochaz
Oh, Prozac
Porochaz
Oh, Prozac
Oh, Prozac

Post Post #1633 (ISO) » Mon May 11, 2015 4:47 am

Post by Porochaz »

In post 1540, ValiliaRei wrote:

@Nero
- Why are my reads bad?

In post 1615, Mantisdreamz wrote:also, ooba's post to the sleeper
i think they know who the sleeper is. and they called out to someone specifically with protective abilities, to notify them.
yes he did mention 1 shot abilities, which would point to valilia because she mentioned she used a 1 shot for Tammy.
but i don't think he would have made it so obvious and given it away like that, if she were the sleeper.

so i'm not really liking a screen on her.

i'm going to actually just follow her vote for screening right now

unscreen sangres

screen porochaz

In post 1616, RIP wrote:
screen : porochaz

In post 1625, Toogeloo wrote:god damn mouse...

also,
Unscreen, Screen: Prozac

In post 1631, SnowStorm wrote:

Posting to summarise (Valilia had a post before the vote summarising her thoughts)
Porochaz
Porochaz
Oh, Prozac
Porochaz
Oh, Prozac
Oh, Prozac

Post Post #1634 (ISO) » Mon May 11, 2015 4:50 am

Post by Porochaz »

LLD, what are your thoughts on today?
Nero Cain
Nero Cain
Survivor
Nero Cain
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #1635 (ISO) » Mon May 11, 2015 5:02 am

Post by Nero Cain »

In post 1568, THE WRONG WAGON wrote:However, I have to say I am always frustrated whenever I play with you on my main and somehow you're doing the same thing to me on my alt. I just don't get it and the worst thing about it is that you are ALWAYS wrong, but you never seem to stop and think that you are wrong which is what makes it frustrating.

Right. I mean its really not different that Hana always calling me scum or Mollie or Cephir or Goodmorning so yea I get the frustration but I mean, you tried to write of Brian's guilty (on confirmed scum) as fake and that seemed scummy to me.
Of all tyrannies,a tyranny sincerely exercised for the good of its victims may be the most oppressive. It would be better to live under robber barons than under omnipotent moral busybodies. The robber baron's cruelty may sometimes sleep but those who torment us for our own good will torment us without end they do so with the approval of their own conscience.

RIP
RIP
Mafia Scum
RIP
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #1636 (ISO) » Mon May 11, 2015 5:51 am

Post by RIP »

Poro u have a lot of votes. Let's clear u ok?
We screen u and u are confirm town, save us a myslinch cuz that's gonna happen.
I will answer about 1586-1588
RIP
RIP
Mafia Scum
RIP
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #1637 (ISO) » Mon May 11, 2015 5:53 am

Post by RIP »

Scum know I'm lock clear.
Scum knows I gotta die but the problem is they know toog has to die.
They need to try and find the one not protected and that's sadly me.

Once I die maybe u guys start looking at my posts.
LLD is outed and in spew mode at the moment. She won't be posting her thoughts because u guys don't know she's scum yet so she needs to blend.
Game is easy if u are smart
RIP
RIP
Mafia Scum
RIP
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #1638 (ISO) » Mon May 11, 2015 5:56 am

Post by RIP »

In post 1634, Porochaz wrote:LLD, what are your thoughts on today?

Let's wait till the weekend. I can't wait to read her reads, lol.
Andrius
Andrius
The Baker
Andrius
The Baker
The Baker

Post Post #1639 (ISO) » Mon May 11, 2015 6:44 am

Post by Andrius »

In post 1617, Toogeloo wrote:Andrius, I came to the realization early on that I had to trust Peacebringer. She knew who I was, and if she had communications with the scum team then I would have been up shit creek before the game even started. I honestly think that her ability to talk to you (Helena Cain) and the one day she gets to show up in town are just a way for her role to not be completely confined to me like some sort of private hydra. I think Peacebringer is more likely town than scum, despite not really participating much in the private chat.

You make a very good case.

Prozac wrote:
More reasons that are probably to obvious for scum, but I think it's the best option here. Look at the extremely obvious crumbs and Tammy's flip. As I say, I realise that it is probably to obvious.

Forgive me but I don't get what you are trying to say.

Vote: ooba

There is no other play today. We have confirmed scum.
While we don't necessarily need to have everyone vote RIGHT THIS SECOND any actual VOTE not on ooba is a self-attestation of 'hi im scum'.
"This is the true face of a man who plays paladin."
Andrius
Andrius
The Baker
Andrius
The Baker
The Baker

Post Post #1640 (ISO) » Mon May 11, 2015 6:45 am

Post by Andrius »

Screen: Prozac
"This is the true face of a man who plays paladin."
Nero Cain
Nero Cain
Survivor
Nero Cain
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #1641 (ISO) » Mon May 11, 2015 7:09 am

Post by Nero Cain »

13. Nero Cain
15. Brian Skies
14. Toogeloo
9. PeaceBringer
17. NotAnAxehole
20. RIP
2. Porochaz
5. Andrius
6. ValiliaRei-maybe sleeper? but not team scum me thinks
21. Mantisdreamz
1. Bookitty
16. SnowStorm-need to iso

Are prob town

3. sangres
4. THE WRONG LYNCH
8. ooba
10. Lady Lambdadelta
12. AngryPidgeon
19. curiouskarmadog
^
making the rest of the team scum in that

curiouskarmadog
curiouskarmadog
This Space for Rant
curiouskarmadog
This Space for Rant
This Space for Rant

Post Post #1642 (ISO) » Mon May 11, 2015 7:24 am

Post by curiouskarmadog »

In post 1462, Nikanor wrote:
i feel like ooba is fucking with us though. "don't use your protections, doctors!!" yeah, yeah.

this.

In post 1487, Porochaz wrote:I think its worth screening her anyway for lack of a better option.

unscreen, screen Valilia

what the fuck? I have already asked this question...so I will see what the answers were when I get there.

In post 1489, SnowStorm wrote:It doesn't make much sense for a second scum to target the NK victim... unless they did it planning to clear Valila, but I don't see anyone trying to clear her.

okay so someone else is on my wave length. If they did as a plan to clear Val, wouldn’t Brian have to be in on it too? I am doubting this.

In post 1490, NotAnAxehole wrote:
ValliliaRei wouldn't have known she's the sleeper.

I thought a "sleeper" doesnt know they are scum until they are activated?

In post 1517, RIP wrote:Why does Vallilia and OOBA target same town?
Makes no sense..

We are wasting a screen. Vallilia likely town.

even this crazy guy seems to get it.

In post 0, Battlestar Galactica wrote:
This game has one bastard mechanic: One player will switch sides.
Exactly one player will be told at the start of the game that they are human only to later discover, through circumstances yet to be revealed, that they are in fact the Cylon Sleeper Agent with a scum win con.

I don’t think the sleeper knows, unless something happened. Poro why do you think the sleeper already knows they are indeed the sleeper?

In post 1531, Toogeloo wrote:It's been stated repeatedly (once you catch up completely, you'll see), that people want VR screened because they think he is the Sleeper based solely on the ooba communique about requesting the Sleeper not use their protective one-shot abilities.

I am caught up but I still dont get it.

What have a missed that made everybody now thinks the sleeper knows they are town?

I am glazing over trying to read RIP’s posts.

- - -

Okay caught up.

I think the Val screen was a poor idea. I want to go back and check who voted it when...I think scum might be in that lot.

Screen Prozac

Want to see the vote count before voting ooba to make sure we get a screen in.
NO YOU'RE OVER DEFENSIVE
Nero Cain
Nero Cain
Survivor
Nero Cain
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #1643 (ISO) » Mon May 11, 2015 7:32 am

Post by Nero Cain »

Why are we screening Prozac? 'Cause he has a tinfoil theory that Val is the sleeper and you guys think he's actually manipulative scum?

curiouskarmadog
curiouskarmadog
This Space for Rant
curiouskarmadog
This Space for Rant
This Space for Rant

Post Post #1644 (ISO) » Mon May 11, 2015 7:33 am

who voted for the Val Screen.
In post 1485, Bookitty wrote:Yes.

unscreen

screen: ValiliaRey

In post 1488, NotAnAxehole wrote:
Screen: ValiliaRei

Hmph, and Prozac…that’s it? Thought there was more.

I don’t think Prozacscum would have tried to direct a screen like this…UNLESS…he was trying to pull votes away from the leading screen (need to check, EDIT: AP) or he was indeed desperate.

I am keeping my vote on the Prozac screen, I would also be fine (maybe even more inclined) with joining a screen on AP and bookitty.

Axehole? If you are scum I am going to be pissed. Working me through your (you too bookitty) thought process as to why a Val screen was a good idea?

now I am going to go back to reading the Bro wagon, I remember I wasnt to fond of it. i need to reread it again, to see who was and why. and who else wasnt and why.
NO YOU'RE OVER DEFENSIVE
curiouskarmadog
curiouskarmadog
This Space for Rant
curiouskarmadog
This Space for Rant
This Space for Rant

Post Post #1645 (ISO) » Mon May 11, 2015 7:37 am

also, if someone can point me to a direction/show me the post where this sudden found knowledge the the sleeper already knows he is scum...I think that post might be telling. I cant find it, unless we are just gleaning that from ooba's post....which of course is a bad fucking idea.
NO YOU'RE OVER DEFENSIVE
Porochaz
Porochaz
Oh, Prozac
Porochaz
Oh, Prozac
Oh, Prozac

Post Post #1646 (ISO) » Mon May 11, 2015 7:40 am

Post by Porochaz »

In post 1642, curiouskarmadog wrote:Poro why do you think the sleeper already knows they are indeed the sleeper?

I don't, I think ooba potentially reached out to them.
curiouskarmadog
curiouskarmadog
This Space for Rant
curiouskarmadog
This Space for Rant
This Space for Rant

Post Post #1647 (ISO) » Mon May 11, 2015 7:44 am

In post 1646, Porochaz wrote:
In post 1642, curiouskarmadog wrote:Poro why do you think the sleeper already knows they are indeed the sleeper?

So what made you think that Val was the sleeper? Or that Val KNEW she was the sleeper?
NO YOU'RE OVER DEFENSIVE
Bookitty
Bookitty
Jack of All Trades
Bookitty
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #1648 (ISO) » Mon May 11, 2015 7:47 am

Post by Bookitty »

CKD:

I think that screening Valiliarei serves two purposes.

1. If Ooba was trying to reach out to someone with multiple one-shot powers to tell them that they were the sleeper, Val is the only possible one he could have meant because no one else had reported such powers. Maybe the scum know the role of the sleeper too, but we have no way of knowing that.

Do we know if Ooba was gambiting? No, we don't. But I think it's possible Ooba thought no one would catch what he was saying except for the intended target.

2. If Val is town, she hasn't been an active or particularly inspiring player so far. Being conftown may give her more confidence in making her opinions known; alternatively, if she's the nightkill, we hopefully still have some other people who are as good as conftown at this point.

I don't care if you want to screen me. Nothing has changed for me since Day One on that count.
"Oh, you can't help that," said the Cat: "we're all mad here. I'm mad. You're mad."
"How do you know I'm mad?" said Alice.
"You must be," said the Cat, "or you wouldn't have come here."
Nero Cain
Nero Cain
Survivor
Nero Cain
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #1649 (ISO) » Mon May 11, 2015 7:52 am

Post by Nero Cain »

In post 1647, curiouskarmadog wrote:
In post 1646, Porochaz wrote:

So what made you think that Val was the sleeper? Or that Val KNEW she was the sleeper?

:igmeou:

Return to “Completed Large Theme Games”