NotAnAxehole
NotAnAxehole
Mafia Scum
NotAnAxehole
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #1850 (ISO) » Mon May 11, 2015 5:53 pm

Post by NotAnAxehole »

In post 1849, ValiliaRei wrote:Why do you think the mod would write a Saul Tigh fakeclaim for BRO and then put an actual Saul Tigh in the game? And if there were a real Saul Tigh in the game, what would have kept him from counter-claiming flavor after BRO claimed?

What?
This team is ruining my life!
NotAnAxehole
NotAnAxehole
Mafia Scum
NotAnAxehole
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #1851 (ISO) » Mon May 11, 2015 5:55 pm

Post by NotAnAxehole »

In post 1850, NotAnAxehole wrote:
In post 1849, ValiliaRei wrote:Why do you think the mod would write a Saul Tigh fakeclaim for BRO and then put an actual Saul Tigh in the game? And if there were a real Saul Tigh in the game, what would have kept him from counter-claiming flavor after BRO claimed?

What?

Actually though. If its too much for you to process right now I'm not elaborating on it. You'll get the full justification tomorrow. You should get it, but I'd you don't, I honestly don't care at the moment. He's not up for lynch today.
NotAnAxehole
NotAnAxehole
Mafia Scum
NotAnAxehole
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #1852 (ISO) » Mon May 11, 2015 5:58 pm

Post by NotAnAxehole »

Also, why is it standard on this site to answer questions that aren't for you -> interfering with scum hunting. That's such garbage and people need to stop doing that shit.
THE WRONG WAGON
THE WRONG WAGON
Goon
THE WRONG WAGON
Goon
Goon

Post Post #1853 (ISO) » Mon May 11, 2015 6:41 pm

Post by THE WRONG WAGON »

I'll be here tomorrow folks, sorry y'all.

I tried reading a bit earlier, but I think I screwed up somewhere because what I was reading made no sense so I think I jumped a page or two.

~WS
ooba
ooba
Jack of All Trades
ooba
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #1854 (ISO) » Tue May 12, 2015 12:23 am

Post by ooba »

Spoiler:
sangres
sangres
Mafia Scum
sangres
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #1855 (ISO) » Tue May 12, 2015 1:43 am

Post by sangres »

Hi LLD!

If you need an anger translator, let me know because that might be fun!
Otherwise, just let it pass. There are mistakes being made, but they aren't being made to hurt you.
Nikanor
Nikanor
Jack of All Trades
Nikanor
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #1856 (ISO) » Tue May 12, 2015 1:54 am

Post by Nikanor »

In post 1847, NotAnAxehole wrote:
ValiliaRei wrote:
In post 108, BROseidon wrote:I'm Saul Tigh.

It's not useless. I'm letting you know that Saul Tigh does not exist. He was a fake claim that BRO used. So Saul Tigh will not be answering your question.

So the day 1 lynch fake claim conclusively proves there is no Saul tigh?

Thanks for your input, it wasn't ignored, I just think its invalid.

Valilia is correct.
I am in the bottom 10% of scumhunters onsite!
NotAnAxehole
NotAnAxehole
Mafia Scum
NotAnAxehole
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #1857 (ISO) » Tue May 12, 2015 2:02 am

Post by NotAnAxehole »

You know for sure there is no Saul Tigh character in this game? That's odd.

I'm tunneling Nikanor tomorrow, so if anyone wants to screen him, I suggest we do that today.
sangres
sangres
Mafia Scum
sangres
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #1858 (ISO) » Tue May 12, 2015 2:08 am

Post by sangres »

no valila and nikanor are correct
the chances of there being a saul tigh in the game are less than .5%
sangres
sangres
Mafia Scum
sangres
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #1859 (ISO) » Tue May 12, 2015 2:08 am

Post by sangres »

In post 1623, Toogeloo wrote:But wouldn't it be paranoia at it's best to assume that in a group of 3, 1 must be scum sided? It's practically gift wrapped with a nice little bow on it. In the end, I'd feel like Vizzini trying to outguess the mods on what to expect...

It would be.
But if the mods decided who the sleeper was in a fashion that was not-random, I'd bet a lifetime of shiny pennies that the way it was decided has to do with the neighborhood.

In post 1632, Nero Cain wrote:I think it was perfectly clear why Val was getting voted. I also would not put it past you to go ahead and vote your dying buddy to try and salvage some town cred.

We had a scumread on ooba before ooba was screened. I had a townread on Valila before the watch result was outed. Then, Brian goes "hey guys, one of Valila and ooba is scum and the other one is pretty probably town". It shouldn't be all that surprising that we voted our scumread, especially after he claimed to have targetted someone he thought was Roslin when they pretty obviously weren't Roslin. I also don't really understand why people who had actually played with ooba-town and ooba-scum before thought ooba was town here, and I didn't (and still don't) understand why people had a scumread on Valila in the first place.

In post 1648, Bookitty wrote:But I think it's possible Ooba thought no one would catch what he was saying except for the intended target.

This is possible, but ooba lacks serious motive in contacting his sleeper agent. While the sleeper agent is unaware of who they are, they are uncatchable. When they know who they are, they can be scumhunted and caught.

In post 1662, Brian Skies wrote:I'm just not feeling as good about her right now as I think I should be and don't think she's a terrible option to explore.

I agree with this sentiment completely.

Screen: Bookitty
Toogeloo
Toogeloo
Jack of All Trades
Toogeloo
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #1860 (ISO) » Tue May 12, 2015 2:11 am

Post by Toogeloo »

Why does settling on something as simple as a screen seem to be like pulling teeth in this game?

LLD is doing one of three things imho...
1) Signed up for this game to intentionally troll everyone.
2) Scum team has mostly resigned and are doing whatever they can to get their lynches over asap.
3) Combination of 1 and 2.
Nikanor
Nikanor
Jack of All Trades
Nikanor
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #1861 (ISO) » Tue May 12, 2015 2:12 am

Post by Nikanor »

Yeah, the scum get flavour fakeclaims in every theme game that are guaranteed to not be in the game. Otherwise the game is kind of broken.
NotAnAxehole
NotAnAxehole
Mafia Scum
NotAnAxehole
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #1862 (ISO) » Tue May 12, 2015 2:14 am

Post by NotAnAxehole »

In post 1861, Nikanor wrote:Yeah, the scum get flavour fakeclaims in every theme game that are guaranteed to not be in the game. Otherwise the game is kind of broken.

Okay, so here's to not understanding that scum get flavor fake claims from the mods. Seems necessary to me.
NotAnAxehole
NotAnAxehole
Mafia Scum
NotAnAxehole
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #1863 (ISO) » Tue May 12, 2015 2:14 am

Post by NotAnAxehole »

unnecessary*
Bookitty
Bookitty
Jack of All Trades
Bookitty
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #1864 (ISO) » Tue May 12, 2015 2:19 am

Post by Bookitty »

In post 1859, sangres wrote:ooba lacks serious motive in contacting his sleeper agent.

I don't know that this is true.

IF (and this is not certain) the sleeper agent has a collection of one-shots (this also does not make it certainly ValiliaRei, especially if the scum know all about their sleeper agent) then it's worth telling them to stop wasting shots now and to save them for the secret wincon to be revealed later. That's especially true if the one-shots could potentially interfere with scum kills.

The fact is, we just don't know. Without a screen on Val, even she can't know imo.

On the Saul Tigh thing, I don't think that there's a Saul Tigh in the game:

BRO fake-claimed Saul Tigh and was in fact D'Anna Biers, a model Three. We know this for sure because of the flip.
If there were a real Saul Tigh in the game, I think he would have counterclaimed.
If one of the missing people had been Saul Tigh, I think they would have said so in their own thread and we would have found it out today.
If Peacebringer were Saul Tigh, I think he would have told Toogeloo and we would have been told.

Please vote me for screening so we can get to lynching Ooba. I don't really care between me and Porochaz because I'm pretty confident he's town as well, so I won't squawk if you want to screen him either, but I would like the chance to clear myself and end the passive-aggressive nonsense from Nikanor.
"Oh, you can't help that," said the Cat: "we're all mad here. I'm mad. You're mad."
"How do you know I'm mad?" said Alice.
"You must be," said the Cat, "or you wouldn't have come here."
ooba
ooba
Jack of All Trades
ooba
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #1865 (ISO) » Tue May 12, 2015 2:22 am

Post by ooba »

Damn it. I should have paid more attention to this game.

Counterclaim.

I am Saul Tigh.

Lynch this person please.
NotAnAxehole
NotAnAxehole
Mafia Scum
NotAnAxehole
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #1866 (ISO) » Tue May 12, 2015 2:23 am

Post by NotAnAxehole »

In post 1865, ooba wrote:Damn it. I should have paid more attention to this game.

Counterclaim.

I am Saul Tigh.

Sorry, I don't understand how mafiascum works... There should be a sample scum PM as well (at least from another game).
SnowStorm
SnowStorm
Mafia Scum
SnowStorm
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #1867 (ISO) » Tue May 12, 2015 2:26 am

Post by SnowStorm »

Screen: LLD.

I'm not taking a scum flip for granted.

Even though Poro confuses me on some things, I do think he's more likely to be town and I was town reading him on day 1.

I think Kitty is town, so I don't want to screen her.
Porochaz
Porochaz
Oh, Prozac
Porochaz
Oh, Prozac
Oh, Prozac

Post Post #1868 (ISO) » Tue May 12, 2015 2:32 am

Post by Porochaz »

In post 1866, NotAnAxehole wrote:
In post 1865, ooba wrote:Damn it. I should have paid more attention to this game.

Counterclaim.

I am Saul Tigh.

Sorry, I don't understand how mafiascum works... There should be a sample scum PM as well (at least from another game).

Not always.

It's difficult to do in a theme game.
Mostly retired. Unless you ask or it's something interesting.
sangres
sangres
Mafia Scum
sangres
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #1869 (ISO) » Tue May 12, 2015 2:41 am

Post by sangres »

In post 1663, curiouskarmadog wrote:also, I just dont see Prozac(Scum) trying to direct the screen just get rid of the JOAT?

I don't either.
More importantly, I don't see him as looking particularly scummy at all thanks to his posting this game.

In post 1673, NotAnAxehole wrote:Since everyone is refusing to discuss the point I brought up about screen strategy, I've decided this is the best route. We should screen our highest sleeper suspects and on a tie, screen the one we prefer to have alive.

It's not smart to start hunting the sleeper until the scumteam specifically is actually dead. As Brian said, it's good to form early opinions on sleeper theories, but there's no reason we can't wait to act on them until the sleeper wakes up and we can catch them with reasoning that isn't just absolutely 100% a crapshoot.

In post 1685, Toogeloo wrote:Something else occurred to me about ooba's communique... he could simply be trying sow doubt into multiple people's minds and make them think they are aligned with scum since the sleeper isn't aware of who they are yet. If he can even convince one town player to not use their power roles, he'll have accomplished at least a minor victory in disrupting town's play.

Or if he manages to convince a townie that they are aligned with scum and thus the townie stops acting town.
Or if he manages to convince town that a townie is a sleeper.
Both of these things show clear anti-twon motivation for scum!ooba to leave a trail to a possible sleeper agent, but it's still not clear what his motivation would be to actually leave a crumb for the sleeper agent.

In post 1691, Andrius wrote:Even if we all town-read her or get an investigation on her that won't make her post and won't give us a more active slot.

I agree with this.

In post 1817, Mantisdreamz wrote:sangres brought that up. which as i'm typing this, makes me not like the idea as much. (sorry sangres),

I still think it's a good theory! I thought of it when I was in the shower and was really happy about it and ffery thinks it makes setup sense, but yeah it does make sense to screen people who actually look scummy as opposed to take random chances screening a neighborhood that looks mostly town when the screens we will have are very limited. But it is most certainly something I will have on my mind going forward!

In post 1820, Bookitty wrote:
In post 1816, Nikanor wrote:
In post 1815, Bookitty wrote:I'm the sleeper

confirmed scum, pile on folks.

What is your damage, anyway?

You fought tooth and nail to stop the screen on BROseidon and did all you could to obfuscate by ignoring the flavour-comment vs. the show-Cylon thing. You've misrepped me all game. Yes, screen me. But don't lie to get it done.

You didn't catch this as a joke?
sangres
sangres
Mafia Scum
sangres
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #1870 (ISO) » Tue May 12, 2015 2:42 am

Post by sangres »

In post 1867, SnowStorm wrote:

Even though Poro confuses me on some things, I do think he's more likely to be town and I was town reading him on day 1.

Do you suspect LLD?
Bookitty
Bookitty
Jack of All Trades
Bookitty
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #1871 (ISO) » Tue May 12, 2015 2:48 am

Post by Bookitty »

In post 1869, sangres wrote:You didn't catch this as a joke?

I don't actually care if it's a joke. Nikanor has been passive-aggressively misrepping me all through the game.

If Nikanor is joking with me because he knows that I'm town, that speaks to him being scum, doesn't it?

If he's joking because he's suspicious of me, he's actually undercutting his own case by making light of it.

There's no good reason for starting with the joke frame-ups at this point. What's the pro-town motivation for it?
"Oh, you can't help that," said the Cat: "we're all mad here. I'm mad. You're mad."
SnowStorm
SnowStorm
Mafia Scum
SnowStorm
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #1872 (ISO) » Tue May 12, 2015 3:00 am

Post by SnowStorm »

In post 1870, sangres wrote:
In post 1867, SnowStorm wrote:

Do you suspect LLD?

I don't have a read on her and I don't have enough reasons to trust other people's scum reads on her.
Nikanor
Nikanor
Jack of All Trades
Nikanor
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #1873 (ISO) » Tue May 12, 2015 3:10 am

Post by Nikanor »

In post 1871, Bookitty wrote:
In post 1869, sangres wrote:You didn't catch this as a joke?

I don't actually care if it's a joke. Nikanor has been passive-aggressively misrepping me all through the game.

If Nikanor is joking with me because he knows that I'm town, that speaks to him being scum, doesn't it?

If he's joking because he's suspicious of me, he's actually undercutting his own case by making light of it.

There's no good reason for starting with the joke frame-ups at this point. What's the pro-town motivation for it?

Yes, Gods forbid anyone make a joke, mafia is srs bsns.
Bookitty
Bookitty
Jack of All Trades
Bookitty
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #1874 (ISO) » Tue May 12, 2015 3:12 am

Post by Bookitty »

In post 1873, Nikanor wrote:Yes, Gods forbid anyone make a joke, mafia is srs bsns.

Given your previous postings, it was a pretty passive-aggressive joke no matter what you meant by it.

Return to “Completed Large Theme Games”