pisskop
pisskop
Survivor
pisskop
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #1775 (ISO) » Tue May 12, 2015 2:22 pm

Post by pisskop »

Yea, Ive noticed a lot of relative newcomers sheep BBTs logics.
beeboy - Everyone thought this game was made to troll pie but it was really made to troll pisskop.
Almost50 pisskop: Overall, that's a townie slot. Don't ask for specifics because with PK everything can be interpreted either way. It's probably WHEN he says/does things that matter, so it's more of a matter of conception rather than solid reasoning.
Alchemist21
Alchemist21
He/Him
Jack of All Trades
Alchemist21
He/Him
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades
Pronoun: He/Him

Post Post #1776 (ISO) » Tue May 12, 2015 2:24 pm

Post by Alchemist21 »

I was thinking getting rid of the backup doc would be good too. I had also considered an x-shot tracker rather than a full tracker, but it can still break the game in a bad-luck scenario (fun fact: SK killed Mafia on N1 in both the times this setup has been run). The Roleblocker sounds like a good idea too.
Papi Bear
Papi Bear
Goon
Papi Bear
Goon
Goon

Post Post #1777 (ISO) » Tue May 12, 2015 2:26 pm

Post by Papi Bear »

If I post earlier, I could overturn towns decision. RL drags sometimes. >.>

And yes, we need a roleblocker for this setup.
lane0168
lane0168
Jack of All Trades
lane0168
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #1778 (ISO) » Tue May 12, 2015 2:46 pm

Post by lane0168 »

Role blocker would be good cause town could claim bUT they could claim what element they use
Plotinus
Plotinus
Kitten Caboodle
Plotinus
Kitten Caboodle
Kitten Caboodle

Post Post #1779 (ISO) » Tue May 12, 2015 2:52 pm

Post by Plotinus »

would flavour text relating to what element was used make the game more townsided? because if not it would have been fun to see what elements were being used during the day.

what if there was a rock paper scissors mechanic where instead of holding the element water meaning protected from water and killing with water it would mean killing fire and being protected from earth.
pisskop
pisskop
Survivor
pisskop
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #1780 (ISO) » Tue May 12, 2015 3:05 pm

Post by pisskop »

The docs could become bodyguars. I.E. die
beeboy - Everyone thought this game was made to troll pie but it was really made to troll pisskop.
Almost50 pisskop: Overall, that's a townie slot. Don't ask for specifics because with PK everything can be interpreted either way. It's probably WHEN he says/does things that matter, so it's more of a matter of conception rather than solid reasoning.
Alchemist21
Alchemist21
He/Him
Jack of All Trades
Alchemist21
He/Him
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades
Pronoun: He/Him

Post Post #1781 (ISO) » Tue May 12, 2015 3:10 pm

Post by Alchemist21 »

In post 1779, Plotinus wrote:would flavour text relating to what element was used make the game more townsided? because if not it would have been fun to see what elements were being used during the day.

what if there was a rock paper scissors mechanic where instead of holding the element water meaning protected from water and killing with water it would mean killing fire and being protected from earth.

Yeah. Last game there were 4 doc claims and the tracker was supposed to be fully protected (1 guarding fire, 2 guarding earth, 1 guarding water) but was killed by mafia. It was pretty obvious which of the docs was the fake, but there was a small chance that the other doc could have been lynched. There was a false assumption starting to emerge that there was kill flavor and that would have helped kill the fake doc, while making the flavor explicitly match the kill would have eliminated any chance of getting the doc lynched.

That's a pretty specific scenario, but the bottom line is that it takes away the chance for a fakeclaim from scum.

How would you resolve the SK getting attacked with the same element they used in a rock-paper-scissors style mechanic?

P-edit: Bodyguards might help scum with fakeclaiming and getting away with it.
Plotinus
Plotinus
Kitten Caboodle
Plotinus
Kitten Caboodle
Kitten Caboodle

Post Post #1782 (ISO) » Tue May 12, 2015 3:26 pm

Post by Plotinus »

fire beats earth, earth beats water, water beats fire? but i think tha tmakes it harder to kill the sk actually because only 1 element can kill him each night instead of 2 so maybe it was a bad idea. idk it's past my bedtime
Kaiveran
Kaiveran
Goon
Kaiveran
Goon
Goon

Post Post #1783 (ISO) » Tue May 12, 2015 4:09 pm

Post by Kaiveran »

Hi I was stalking this game.

I really like this setup and I don't think this is as townsided as people think it is. Scum just got the worst fucking luck imaginable this run.

I do think Plotinus' RPS idea for the elements would definitely make things more interesting and give the right boost to scum. In compensation for the SK being harder to kill he could just lose his BP.
I'm meowing
AT
you, not
WITH
you
davesaz
davesaz
He
Survivor
davesaz
He
Survivor
Survivor
Pronoun: He

Post Post #1784 (ISO) » Tue May 12, 2015 4:22 pm

Post by davesaz »

I had SK last time this setup ran, and also hit mafia N1. Town didn't lynch mafia so fast that game but the tracker with massclaim was still pretty powerful.
If scum get lucky and hit a doc or two, the setup swings the other way. In that case mafia can claim VT and the VT pool is too big to PoE.
I think I'd classify it as swingy, vs. townsided. It will probably take another couple of runs to know what the true balance is.
Wanna play Minecraft with your ms friends? Check out the minecraft thread, or the channel on discord
wgeurts
wgeurts
They/Them
Pokédex
wgeurts
They/Them
Pokédex
Pokédex
Pronoun: They/Them

Post Post #1785 (ISO) » Tue May 12, 2015 6:00 pm

Post by wgeurts »

How would the roleblocker fit in with the element theme?
Maybe a factional roleblock, that another player takes?
That way they still have free choice with which element to use and of cause the last living playet would be able to take both.

Ideas?
"
i agree we should have a rule against wgeurts
" -
Davsto

"
let's have 2 rules against wgeurts
" -
DeathRowKitty

wgeurts
wgeurts
They/Them
Pokédex
wgeurts
They/Them
Pokédex
Pokédex
Pronoun: They/Them

Post Post #1786 (ISO) » Tue May 12, 2015 6:04 pm

Post by wgeurts »

Wasn't very clear.
So the scum then have a factional roleblock and a factional kill.
I guess you could even do it so that doctors block a roleblock of a certain element just like the kills. Debating wether this it too large a nerf though.
It would certainly destroy town's ability to coordinate doc protects.
"
i agree we should have a rule against wgeurts
" -
Davsto

"
let's have 2 rules against wgeurts
" -
DeathRowKitty

ConManMick
ConManMick
Dear Derry
ConManMick
Dear Derry
Dear Derry

Post Post #1787 (ISO) » Tue May 12, 2015 7:26 pm

Post by ConManMick »

Wow, only one town casualty! Good game guys! Thanks for modding alchemist!
This game was supposed to keep me going until my exams because I don't want to enter a new one before then... :P
I reckon the town was ridiculously lucky more than anything else, but a factional roleblock would be worth testing alright.
Bellaphant
Bellaphant
Jack of All Trades
Bellaphant
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #1788 (ISO) » Tue May 12, 2015 7:31 pm

Post by Bellaphant »

:D proper thoughts later but n1 I had papi/rev/lane as scum with senator as sk (I tracked him last night). maybe knowing I ccan be outed as conf-town is good for my scum hunting!

Thanks everyone! Sorry about d1, con, but even flub thought you were scum :p
ConManMick
ConManMick
Dear Derry
ConManMick
Dear Derry
Dear Derry

Post Post #1789 (ISO) » Tue May 12, 2015 7:38 pm

Post by ConManMick »

If rev had've been lynches I'd have been sold down the river because of my comments about Spartan!
Bellaphant
Bellaphant
Jack of All Trades
Bellaphant
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #1790 (ISO) » Tue May 12, 2015 7:45 pm

Post by Bellaphant »

Thing is, if rev had claimed doc he could've said he used a different element on ric than the one that killed him and was in the clea: would people really have lynched him over Rmm?
FA_Q2
FA_Q2
Mafia Scum
FA_Q2
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #1791 (ISO) » Tue May 12, 2015 7:52 pm

Post by FA_Q2 »

In post 1790, Bellaphant wrote:Thing is, if rev had claimed doc he could've said he used a different element on ric than the one that killed him and was in the clea: would people really have lynched him over Rmm?

Once the mass claims were out - yea. Would have been a LOT worse for us though because we would have had to hunt in the PR pool and the SK would have had a chance.
FA_Q2
FA_Q2
Mafia Scum
FA_Q2
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #1792 (ISO) » Tue May 12, 2015 7:53 pm

Post by FA_Q2 »

gg all. This was a fun game.
Bellaphant
Bellaphant
Jack of All Trades
Bellaphant
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #1793 (ISO) » Tue May 12, 2015 7:55 pm

Post by Bellaphant »

Gg all and thanks to alchemist for modding and answering my stupid questions.
Ricastle
Ricastle
Mafia Scum
Ricastle
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #1794 (ISO) » Tue May 12, 2015 10:34 pm

Post by Ricastle »

Ha...I was the one dead townie. GG anyway! Thanks Alchemist for modding and all that.
Plotinus
Plotinus
Kitten Caboodle
Plotinus
Kitten Caboodle
Kitten Caboodle

Post Post #1795 (ISO) » Tue May 12, 2015 10:43 pm

Post by Plotinus »

Being nightkilled is an honour as a townie! You should be proud Ricastle -- it means scum was scared of you so you were doing something right!
TheReverend
TheReverend
Mafia Scum
TheReverend
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #1796 (ISO) » Wed May 13, 2015 4:31 am

Post by TheReverend »

In post 1790, Bellaphant wrote:Thing is, if rev had claimed doc he could've said he used a different element on ric than the one that killed him and was in the clea: would people really have lynched him over Rmm?

Claiming doc would've kept me alive for a short time, but I'd have a hard time explaining why I protected ricastle, and an even harder time avoiding the SK. I had to claim VT and hope I dodged the tracker.
BlueBloodedToffee
BlueBloodedToffee
Survivor
BlueBloodedToffee
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #1797 (ISO) » Wed May 13, 2015 4:36 am

Post by BlueBloodedToffee »

In post 1763, Plotinus wrote:
BBT can we talk about this sometime now that you know that I was town here because I think sometimes I say dumb things and I want to say less dumb things.

My motive for what I said was: I really was wrong yesterday. My being wrong yesterday might have given the SK false hope. If I take away that false hope now maybe the SK will just give up like they should have done yesterday.

It's not a problem on your end Plotinus, it's how I perceive your play-style (I was struggling to disconnect how you to play to what your alignment could be). My problem with your play-style is your uncertainty; which there is nothing wrong with. Some people approach the game in that manner, I just need to learn how to differentiate that from your alignment.

I don't think you say many dumb things. In fact, from the time we have played together I would say you're very good at looking town without being too obvtown to everybody so that you're a good NK choice. That's a good skill to have. I have solidly town read you twice now and have been right both times.

I genuinely don't know how to hunt SK, so paranoia was getting the better of me. I was just trying to make sure I checked every avenue. I would keep playing the way you are, I think it works for you.
Meta this. Meta that. Meta Everything. Meta is not a good scum-hunting tool. PEOPLE CAN MANIPULATE THEIR META. Stop it. Stop. It. Now.
FA_Q2
FA_Q2
Mafia Scum
FA_Q2
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #1798 (ISO) » Wed May 13, 2015 8:57 am

Post by FA_Q2 »

Ya, you were so town that we thought you were the SK. Pretty funny if you ask me.

I will say that you are one of the better players I have played with BBT - I think you were central to our win.
BlueBloodedToffee
BlueBloodedToffee
Survivor
BlueBloodedToffee
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #1799 (ISO) » Wed May 13, 2015 9:37 am

Post by BlueBloodedToffee »

Thanks FA, much appreciated.

Think town played well together overall and deserved the win.
Meta this. Meta that. Meta Everything. Meta is not a good scum-hunting tool. PEOPLE CAN MANIPULATE THEIR META. Stop it. Stop. It. Now.

Return to “Completed Open Games”