Survivor
Cephrir
he/him
Survivor
Survivor
Pronoun: he/him

Post Post #4375 (ISO) » Thu May 14, 2015 3:41 am

Post by Cephrir »

In post 4372, shos wrote:yes we know that, but ceph not-wanting to elaborate on the mechanics of his role is intriguing.

What? It works exactly the way you'd expect it does. Why would I be a ninja vote switcher? That would be stupid.
"I would prefer not to." --Herman Melville,
Bartleby the Scrivener
Magua
Magua
Jack of All Trades
Magua
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #4376 (ISO) » Thu May 14, 2015 3:43 am

Post by Magua »

Vote Count 4.3

With 7 alive, it takes 4 to lynch.

shos (2): Iecerint, Cephrir
GreyICE (1): Wisdom

Not Voting (4): GreyICE, shos, T-Bone, xRECKONERx

Deadline for Day 4 is Wednesday, May 27th, at 05:00pm EDT (site time).
Countdown to deadline:
(expired on 2015-05-27 16:00:00)

shos
shos
Survivor
shos
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #4377 (ISO) » Thu May 14, 2015 3:52 am

Post by shos »

In post 4369, Cephrir wrote:
In post 4359, shos wrote:@wis and ceph: as i have said in my claim, this counts as targetting myself for all other stufd apart from my own action. My action can be tracked to myself, watched as me targetting me, blocked, redirected (so that i see if X has been targetted)[btw, the pm phrasing does not include my name, so in theory, this result can be of someone else]

This is stupid. I don't believe that this role even exists in the first place.
So why didn't you say so yesterday? it just looks like you're completely skimming the game, you know?

In post 4359, shos wrote:@wisdom: theres a difference betweeen not noticing that as a bystander and not noticing something that DIRECTLY contradicts what YOU did. Like, you had to send a "target shos" message to the mod, how can you not notice that.

Said the king of not cocking up roleclaims. Oh, wait, no, you totally did.
huh.?
I don't know what 'cocking up' means, but in general, this is how I see it:
1. My PoV, or other people's:
I made a list of role claims and info about them. if you notice, it says 'switched shos and ns votes'. It doesn't specify deeply about the technical mechanics of how this happened, and it's in a sea of information. missing it, especially when not looking for it, is perfectly possible, and indeed it happened.
2. your PoV: sees shos claim "I was not targetted N2". you claim that you *literally* had to pm the mod that you target me and NS. I really can't see how you can miss that; especially since there was like, 4, maybe 5 pages all talking about my claim, SPECIFICALLY about the "contradiction" between the claim and an earlier post. People pushed it legitimately, and I explained it thoroughly, and through all this you did not remember that you targetted me?
this sounds odd, at BEST.
In post 4359, shos wrote:@ceph- I do, so please do. And re boner - I have been trying to lynch iece for a while now, in case you ignore the thread, as it seems from your "miss".

Literally not what you just said and I don't even know what the "@ceph" here is even saying.
???
I've been pushing Iece for a long while, how comes you didn't see this? should I start quoting my ISO a billion times.? The @ceph means that I want you to elaborate on your role and how it works, since you deemed my request unworthy or unnecessary or something. I can't see how this hurts you if you were town, so why resist.?

In post 4359, shos wrote:Why did you preaume the ability is passive when i explocitly claimed otherwise?

If it's active, then you have to activate it. Are you telling me you PMed the mod saying "I would like to watch myself tonight"? Get fucking real.
I'm not sure what the hell you think is going on. The role is passive, yes, but it explicitly says, which I have already told everyone, that it counts as me making an action. Consider it a compulsive self watcher, yes? would you as a mod require the person to PM you it? that's stupid, lol, and magua indeed hasn't.

In post 4359, shos wrote:And scum nees a mislynch today. If they dont get it, the setup will kill them. Gice can confirm the non-PRs, and the PRs can actually get guilties by blocking scum kill or tracking them. Unless - the PRs
are scum,
partly, in which case they need to fake results and reasoning for them. People have wanted you dead like all gamw, so you're a viable sacrifice. If you were scum, gambitting there, getting two PR kills and aislynch in exchange for you dying makes aense imo, and im not even reaching

People have wanted me dead at times. They don't anymore. And I have too big an ego as scum to give myself up. Also, Greyice is probably scum, so.
I don't recall any decrease in the people wanting you dead. it's as it's always been - people think you're scum, and nobody's voting, lol. The self meta argument.. *ignores*

In post 4364, Wisdom wrote:Im back to believing shos

VOTE: grey

Wisdom. Stop it.

And if you believe shos and somehow think I am town too, you should probably be voting T-Bone.
This is probably true, though.
In post 836, Lucky2u said:

Rule # 5h05: players should not attempt to use or manipulate the mod for any purpose.
xRECKONERx
xRECKONERx
GD is my Best Man
xRECKONERx
GD is my Best Man
GD is my Best Man

Post Post #4378 (ISO) » Thu May 14, 2015 3:56 am

Post by xRECKONERx »

Uhhh... so...

Ceph is saying he targeted shos N2.
shos is saying he didn't get a result N2.

WHY, exactly, are we lynching outside of these two, Wisdom?
green shirt thursdays
Wisdom
Wisdom
Of the One
Wisdom
Of the One
Of the One

Post Post #4379 (ISO) » Thu May 14, 2015 3:56 am

Post by Wisdom »

Because they are both town
shos
shos
Survivor
shos
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #4380 (ISO) » Thu May 14, 2015 3:58 am

Post by shos »

In post 4375, Cephrir wrote:
In post 4372, shos wrote:yes we know that, but ceph not-wanting to elaborate on the mechanics of his role is intriguing.

What? It works exactly the way you'd expect it does. Why would I be a ninja vote switcher? That would be stupid.

it's a stupid role anyway, and there seems to be something wrong here, so I'm not assuming anything. What would a track result on you be?

pedit:
@reck, read the game please.

Rule # 5h05: players should not attempt to use or manipulate the mod for any purpose.
Wisdom
Wisdom
Of the One
Wisdom
Of the One
Of the One

Post Post #4381 (ISO) » Thu May 14, 2015 4:00 am

Post by Wisdom »

ceph can you ask whether your role counts as you visiting the two targets?
Cephrir
Cephrir
he/him
Survivor
Cephrir
he/him
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #4382 (ISO) » Thu May 14, 2015 4:01 am

Post by Cephrir »

In post 4377, shos wrote:
In post 4369, Cephrir wrote:
In post 4359, shos wrote:@wis and ceph: as i have said in my claim, this counts as targetting myself for all other stufd apart from my own action. My action can be tracked to myself, watched as me targetting me, blocked, redirected (so that i see if X has been targetted)[btw, the pm phrasing does not include my name, so in theory, this result can be of someone else]

This is stupid. I don't believe that this role even exists in the first place.
So why didn't you say so yesterday? it just looks like you're completely skimming the game, you know?

Discredit more.

Clearly, I didn't understand how stupid it supposedly is.

In post 4359, shos wrote:@wisdom: theres a difference betweeen not noticing that as a bystander and not noticing something that DIRECTLY contradicts what YOU did. Like, you had to send a "target shos" message to the mod, how can you not notice that.

Said the king of not cocking up roleclaims. Oh, wait, no, you totally did.
huh.?
I don't know what 'cocking up' means, but in general, this is how I see it:
1. My PoV, or other people's:
I made a list of role claims and info about them. if you notice, it says 'switched shos and ns votes'. It doesn't specify deeply about the technical mechanics of how this happened, and it's in a sea of information. missing it, especially when not looking for it, is perfectly possible, and indeed it happened.
2. your PoV: sees shos claim "I was not targetted N2". you claim that you *literally* had to pm the mod that you target me and NS. I really can't see how you can miss that; especially since there was like, 4, maybe 5 pages all talking about my claim, SPECIFICALLY about the "contradiction" between the claim and an earlier post. People pushed it legitimately, and I explained it thoroughly, and through all this you did not remember that you targetted me?
this sounds odd, at BEST.

:roll:

In post 4359, shos wrote:@ceph- I do, so please do. And re boner - I have been trying to lynch iece for a while now, in case you ignore the thread, as it seems from your "miss".

Literally not what you just said and I don't even know what the "@ceph" here is even saying.
???
I've been pushing Iece for a long while, how comes you didn't see this? should I start quoting my ISO a billion times.? The @ceph means that I want you to elaborate on your role and how it works, since you deemed my request unworthy or unnecessary or something. I can't see how this hurts you if you were town, so why resist.?

You're pushing tbone right now. Tbone isn't iec.

There's nothing to resist, I didn't understand the question because it was stupid. I have now answered.

In post 4359, shos wrote:Why did you preaume the ability is passive when i explocitly claimed otherwise?

If it's active, then you have to activate it. Are you telling me you PMed the mod saying "I would like to watch myself tonight"? Get fucking real.
I'm not sure what the hell you think is going on. The role is passive, yes, but it explicitly says, which I have already told everyone, that it counts as me making an action. Consider it a compulsive self watcher, yes? would you as a mod require the person to PM you it? that's stupid, lol, and magua indeed hasn't.

I agree, that would definitely be stupid. It's the only way I could wrap my head around you targeting yourself automatically and that being able to be roleblocked, though.

In post 4359, shos wrote:And scum nees a mislynch today. If they dont get it, the setup will kill them. Gice can confirm the non-PRs, and the PRs can actually get guilties by blocking scum kill or tracking them. Unless - the PRs
are scum,
partly, in which case they need to fake results and reasoning for them. People have wanted you dead like all gamw, so you're a viable sacrifice. If you were scum, gambitting there, getting two PR kills and aislynch in exchange for you dying makes aense imo, and im not even reaching

People have wanted me dead at times. They don't anymore. And I have too big an ego as scum to give myself up. Also, Greyice is probably scum, so.
I don't recall any decrease in the people wanting you dead. it's as it's always been - people think you're scum, and nobody's voting, lol. The self meta argument.. *ignores*

If by people you mean Wisdom and Reck, one of whom is now calling me town and the other of whom I'm not sure what his opinion is anymore. I haven't been wagoned because there hasn't actually been all that much desire to do it, and now what little there was has pretty much evaporated.
Bartleby the Scrivener
xRECKONERx
xRECKONERx
GD is my Best Man
xRECKONERx
GD is my Best Man
GD is my Best Man

Post Post #4383 (ISO) » Thu May 14, 2015 4:01 am

Post by xRECKONERx »

In post 4379, Wisdom wrote:Because they are both town

shut your fat fucking mouth
green shirt thursdays
Cephrir
Cephrir
he/him
Survivor
Cephrir
he/him
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #4384 (ISO) » Thu May 14, 2015 4:02 am

Post by Cephrir »

In post 4380, shos wrote:
In post 4375, Cephrir wrote:

it's a stupid role anyway, and there seems to be something wrong here, so I'm not assuming anything. What would a track result on you be?

pedit:
@reck, read the game please.

Obviously it would be me visiting both of them. Why the fuck would it not be? That is how roles work.

In post 4381, Wisdom wrote:ceph can you ask whether your role counts as you visiting the two targets?

I will ask but I have no idea why this is even a question. I feel stupider just contemplating writing this PM.
Bartleby the Scrivener
xRECKONERx
xRECKONERx
GD is my Best Man
xRECKONERx
GD is my Best Man
GD is my Best Man

Post Post #4385 (ISO) » Thu May 14, 2015 4:02 am

Post by xRECKONERx »

In post 4380, shos wrote:@reck, read the game please.

I did. I even read your posts, at the risk of giving myself an arterial embolism, and I still don't understand how you talked your way out of it.
green shirt thursdays
Wisdom
Wisdom
Of the One
Wisdom
Of the One
Of the One

Post Post #4386 (ISO) » Thu May 14, 2015 4:07 am

Post by Wisdom »

i hate how it still feels like scum are controlling the game even after we lynched one of them >.<
Cephrir
Cephrir
he/him
Survivor
Cephrir
he/him
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #4387 (ISO) » Thu May 14, 2015 4:08 am

Post by Cephrir »

If the scum are grey and tbone, they aren't controlling jack shit. But that's pretty unlikely.
Bartleby the Scrivener
xRECKONERx
xRECKONERx
GD is my Best Man
xRECKONERx
GD is my Best Man
GD is my Best Man

Post Post #4388 (ISO) » Thu May 14, 2015 4:08 am

Post by xRECKONERx »

why isn't it shos v ceph

ceph still seems to think it is but shos doesn't so WHAT IS GOING ON
green shirt thursdays
Cephrir
Cephrir
he/him
Survivor
Cephrir
he/him
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #4389 (ISO) » Thu May 14, 2015 4:09 am

Post by Cephrir »

I guess I could start trying associative hunting. I just figured we'd snap lynch shos today. :|
Bartleby the Scrivener
Cephrir
Cephrir
he/him
Survivor
Cephrir
he/him
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #4390 (ISO) » Thu May 14, 2015 4:09 am

Post by Cephrir »

shos knows he can't get me lynched today
Bartleby the Scrivener
Wisdom
Wisdom
Of the One
Wisdom
Of the One
Of the One

Post Post #4391 (ISO) » Thu May 14, 2015 4:09 am

Post by Wisdom »

In post 4388, xRECKONERx wrote:why isn't it shos v ceph

Why the fuck would it be shos v ceph? How can ceph be scum given WE KNOW the vote switch happened and therefore he isn't lying?
xRECKONERx
xRECKONERx
GD is my Best Man
xRECKONERx
GD is my Best Man
GD is my Best Man

Post Post #4392 (ISO) » Thu May 14, 2015 4:10 am

Post by xRECKONERx »

ceph can you explain to me why it's not you vs shos

p.edit: Why does the vote switch happen?

It'd be shos v Ceph because CEPH IS CLAIMING TO HAVE TARGETED SHOS N2 and SHOS IS SAYING HE DIDN'T.
green shirt thursdays
Wisdom
Wisdom
Of the One
Wisdom
Of the One
Of the One

Post Post #4393 (ISO) » Thu May 14, 2015 4:10 am

Post by Wisdom »

BUT WE KNOW HE DID
shos
shos
Survivor
shos
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #4394 (ISO) » Thu May 14, 2015 4:10 am

Post by shos »

Ceph, you made like 3 factual mistakes, one is supposedly HUGE, and me saying that you're skimming the game is discredit?
and why is the role stupid, I don't understand; but even if - aren't reck/wisdom/kats/cabd's roles stupid too? why is this suddenly different?
~~~
by :roll: you mean...?
~~~
T-bone being scum is the currently best explanation I have to what you're claiming. So yes, I don't see how it's absurd. This push started only after you suddenly found out your CC.
~~~
Why is it so hard for you to imagine that my role can be blocked.? And why didn't you voice this when I stated it first time?
~~~
dude I've been literally fighting against your lynch when wisdom pushed it. I think others were willing too, don't quite remember.

holy shit pedits...so many peeps online..

Wisdom
Wisdom
Of the One
Wisdom
Of the One
Of the One

Post Post #4395 (ISO) » Thu May 14, 2015 4:10 am

Post by Wisdom »

SO HOW IS CEPH SCUM
Cephrir
Cephrir
he/him
Survivor
Cephrir
he/him
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #4396 (ISO) » Thu May 14, 2015 4:10 am

Post by Cephrir »

so he's resorted to shit like "my self watcher can be redirected, causing me to watch someone else" which is just about the most ridiculous thing ever
Bartleby the Scrivener
xRECKONERx
xRECKONERx
GD is my Best Man
xRECKONERx
GD is my Best Man
GD is my Best Man

Post Post #4397 (ISO) » Thu May 14, 2015 4:10 am

Post by xRECKONERx »

*why does it matter, not happen
green shirt thursdays
xRECKONERx
xRECKONERx
GD is my Best Man
xRECKONERx
GD is my Best Man
GD is my Best Man

Post Post #4398 (ISO) » Thu May 14, 2015 4:11 am

Post by xRECKONERx »

In post 4393, Wisdom wrote:BUT WE KNOW HE DID

In post 4395, Wisdom wrote:SO HOW IS CEPH SCUM

Oh, I'm not saying we would lynch Ceph today, I'm saying their claims are in direct contradiction with each other
green shirt thursdays
Wisdom
Wisdom
Of the One
Wisdom
Of the One
Of the One

Post Post #4399 (ISO) » Thu May 14, 2015 4:11 am

Post by Wisdom »

In post 4396, Cephrir wrote:so he's resorted to shit like "my self watcher can be redirected, causing me to watch someone else" which is just about the most ridiculous thing ever

He had said that is the case since he claimed it.

Return to “Team Mafia 2015”