lalaladucks
lalaladucks
a study in thread
lalaladucks
a study in thread
a study in thread

Post Post #225 (ISO) » Thu May 14, 2015 4:04 pm

Post by lalaladucks »

Sounds good. Did I just start the 10th page? Darn it.
Titus
Titus
She/her
Moon Walker
Titus
She/her
Moon Walker
Moon Walker
Pronoun: She/her

Post Post #226 (ISO) » Thu May 14, 2015 4:10 pm

Post by Titus »

In post 223, SilverWolf wrote:
In post 221, Titus wrote:
In post 219, SilverWolf wrote:
In post 217, Titus wrote:Dollars to Donuts the way people are not really engaging Ozgin means he's scum.

Huh? Yes we are. Wat? I seriously feel like he's either town hopped up and excited to play or super try hard scum but as scum in the last game he was pretty mellow. I had a neighborhood with him and he wasn't this hyper. I really don't know what to make of him quite yet.

No. You're not engaging him. You're engaging me and talking about Ozgin.

What about or ? Like I said, I'm having trouble keeping up with him and the game to be quite honest. I'm working on it.

Re-reading, etc.

Those aren't engagement either. Notice how you are just making observations with Ozgin. You're shocked at his claim and stating how you feel. In a vacuum, those are not engagement. Asking questions and giving responses is engagement.
Show
The scum had the misfortune of Titus being absurdly accurate on day one.Really quite impressed by that.~Drixx

You're letting Titus win the game by herself.Good luck now I guess.You have no chance to win.~Tywin

GTKTitus Part 2
Titus Academy

VLA Friday nights until Sunday morning.

All hail the Scum Empress!
Egg
Egg
Jack of All Trades
Egg
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #227 (ISO) » Thu May 14, 2015 4:17 pm

Post by Egg »

1Hmm. Probably paranoia, but gut scum on Titus and Cheet early. Gut town on Silverwolf. Not sure on TSO. Dragonspawn's TSO vote sucks ass though.

Prolapsed's post 64 feels awkward as fuck.

I like Ozgin's Varsoon vote. Why trust Cheet at this point?

I don't really care for Titus's Silverwolf push. It feels like an attempt to make a scene. Hell, she even said she wants a reaction. Feels like a distraction more than anything to me.

I'll read from Page 5 on later. Gotta go get my pizza. Expect me to fall behind if this pace keeps up.
SilverWolf
SilverWolf
Jack of All Trades
SilverWolf
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #228 (ISO) » Thu May 14, 2015 4:33 pm

Post by SilverWolf »

In post 226, Titus wrote:
In post 223, SilverWolf wrote:
In post 221, Titus wrote:
In post 219, SilverWolf wrote:
In post 217, Titus wrote:Dollars to Donuts the way people are not really engaging Ozgin means he's scum.

Huh? Yes we are. Wat? I seriously feel like he's either town hopped up and excited to play or super try hard scum but as scum in the last game he was pretty mellow. I had a neighborhood with him and he wasn't this hyper. I really don't know what to make of him quite yet.

No. You're not engaging him. You're engaging me and talking about Ozgin.

What about or ? Like I said, I'm having trouble keeping up with him and the game to be quite honest. I'm working on it.

Re-reading, etc.

Those aren't engagement either. Notice how you are just making observations with Ozgin. You're shocked at his claim and stating how you feel. In a vacuum, those are not engagement. Asking questions and giving responses is engagement.

I've engaged Ozgin and will do more. The game is 10 pages in less than 24 hours, I am trying to figure out how to keep up at the same time as get good reads and analysis of the game. Several haven't posted much at all. And yes, I'm engaging you because you said you wanted to. But FFS, give me a minute to catch my breath here.
Darkness cannot drive out darkness: only light can do that. Hate cannot drive out hate: only love can do that.
Titus
Titus
She/her
Moon Walker
Titus
She/her
Moon Walker
Moon Walker

Post Post #229 (ISO) » Thu May 14, 2015 4:55 pm

Post by Titus »

I'm giving you plenty of time to respond. I'm finding your response over the top here. The very posts you quoted allow you to move, as the Ozgin wagon indicated.

@Egg, you are right. I don't like RVS. I'll usually vote players that I feel semi-confident about in my reads.
Show
The scum had the misfortune of Titus being absurdly accurate on day one.Really quite impressed by that.~Drixx

You're letting Titus win the game by herself.Good luck now I guess.You have no chance to win.~Tywin

GTKTitus Part 2
Titus Academy

Titus
Titus
She/her
Moon Walker
Titus
She/her
Moon Walker
Moon Walker

Post Post #230 (ISO) » Thu May 14, 2015 4:55 pm

Post by Titus »

*I'll feel semi-confident about in my reads after their reaction.
Show

GTKTitus Part 2
Titus Academy

Egg
Egg
Jack of All Trades
Egg
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #231 (ISO) » Thu May 14, 2015 5:09 pm

Post by Egg »

Except that's not at all what I said.
Titus
Titus
She/her
Moon Walker
Titus
She/her
Moon Walker
Moon Walker

Post Post #232 (ISO) » Thu May 14, 2015 5:12 pm

Post by Titus »

Well then I'm not getting it all. I essentially said, yeah I was causing conflict to get a read on people and break out of RVS. You thought I was staging a scene. They appear to be similar. *shrug* If I'm misinterpreting, sorry.
Show

GTKTitus Part 2
Titus Academy

dragonspawn
dragonspawn
Mafia Scum
dragonspawn
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #233 (ISO) » Thu May 14, 2015 5:17 pm

Post by dragonspawn »

This whole ozgin push feels completely wrong. Haven't figured out why exactly. But I will.
SilverWolf
SilverWolf
Jack of All Trades
SilverWolf
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #234 (ISO) » Thu May 14, 2015 5:19 pm

Post by SilverWolf »

Titus is giving me really bad vibes right now. I'll explain tomorrow. She's an FoS for sure though.
Darkness cannot drive out darkness: only light can do that. Hate cannot drive out hate: only love can do that.
RadiantCowbells
RadiantCowbells
He/him
Smooth Criminal
RadiantCowbells
He/him
Smooth Criminal
Smooth Criminal
Pronoun: He/him

Post Post #235 (ISO) » Thu May 14, 2015 5:21 pm

Post by RadiantCowbells »

Holy shit I just remembered why I don't usually play large games.

VOTE: dragonspawn

I abhor posts like 233.
dragonspawn
dragonspawn
Mafia Scum
dragonspawn
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #236 (ISO) » Thu May 14, 2015 5:26 pm

Post by dragonspawn »

You don't like opinions on wagons?
RadiantCowbells
RadiantCowbells
He/him
Smooth Criminal
RadiantCowbells
He/him
Smooth Criminal
Smooth Criminal
Pronoun: He/him

Post Post #237 (ISO) » Thu May 14, 2015 5:36 pm

Post by RadiantCowbells »

You put down the wagon without giving any sort of concrete opinion on it.

It's an unfalsifiable statement.
dragonspawn
dragonspawn
Mafia Scum
dragonspawn
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #238 (ISO) » Thu May 14, 2015 5:42 pm

Post by dragonspawn »

I didn't like it. What's a more concrete opinion than that?
Egg
Egg
Jack of All Trades
Egg
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #239 (ISO) » Thu May 14, 2015 5:50 pm

Post by Egg »

Laladucks on Page 5 is engaging in pointless banter and ignoring everything else. Not a fan. Oh shit. Then joins the random pop up House wagon with no apparent reason.

Ozgin wrote: [/unvote] I need to evaluate this House wagon, because a four vote spring-up is strange, now that you mention it.

Can you give me a reason why this would make House town?

Dragonspawn, show me where you've used that tell you're using on TSO in the past.

Taly wrote: there are already too many votes to have its original desired effect 

What was the desired effect and why are so many votes a bad thing for it?

Drixx, why RVS Cheet without laying a vote on him?

I don't like laladuck acknowledging votes, but not responding to points.

Dragonspawn, don't expect Cheet to lurk if he's scum here. I was scum with him once and he obvtowned the fuck out of that game. He was like the best scumbuddy ever.

Boon, you said you skimmed. Any thoughts? Are you gonna do a real read or just be cool with what you picked up on the skim?

Titus, do you think Ozgin is scum or are you voting him for the murdering babies thing?

Ummm. Varsoon's citizen point is... actually a good one. I assumed it was an offsite/newbie kind of thing. Didn't realize it was in the OP. Wanting to change his town win % feels genuine though.

Titus, there is a difference between getting out of RVS and trying to ruffle feathers of a known emotional player. One is protown. The other is antitown.

Let's go with:
Unvote, Vote laladuck
Titus
Titus
She/her
Moon Walker
Titus
She/her
Moon Walker
Moon Walker

Post Post #240 (ISO) » Thu May 14, 2015 5:53 pm

Post by Titus »

In post 187, Titus wrote:VOTE: Ozgin

In post 196, Titus wrote:
In post 191, Varsoon wrote:
In post 185, Ozgin wrote:I'm going to bed, I'll be back tomorrow.

This game is heating up, and I kinda like it. This is the most excited I've been ever to play a normal game as a citizen.

You wanna talk rhetoric, I think it's awkward that you're referring to yourself as a citizen rather than town.
In most games, you're gonna be town. In this game specifically, you'd be a citizen if you were town-aligned.
So this speaks towards specific attention payed towards a claimed alignment flavor.
Which, to me, feels stilted, like you double-checked the OP to make sure you were calling yourself the right thing.

Yeah I rarely naked vote but an umprompted claim like that was really bad. I didn't want to call attention to the claim, but the cat's out of the bag.

@Egg, Ruffling the feathers of emotional players allows everyone to read that player and is protown. It gets us out of RVS. So I don't get why you're saying it's anti-town.

I do think Ozgin is scum. If I was voting him solely for the murdering babies thing, I would have voted him in that post. I voted him for his unprompted citizen claim.
Show

GTKTitus Part 2
Titus Academy

Egg
Egg
Jack of All Trades
Egg
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #241 (ISO) » Thu May 14, 2015 5:57 pm

Post by Egg »

I get the wanting reactions thing. I really do. It's just that using emotions to do it kind of rubs me the wrong way. Emotional responses tend to be less about the game than people seem to think. I don't think you're scum with Silverwolf though, so there's that.
dragonspawn
dragonspawn
Mafia Scum
dragonspawn
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #242 (ISO) » Thu May 14, 2015 5:58 pm

Post by dragonspawn »

So tso claims to be town off the bad and I vote for it in random voting and my reasoning is bad.

Ozgin claims to be a citizen and he's scum.

Not following the logic here. Though I certainly agree that claiming he was a citizen was unnecessary and odd.
Titus
Titus
She/her
Moon Walker
Titus
She/her
Moon Walker
Moon Walker

Post Post #243 (ISO) » Thu May 14, 2015 5:59 pm

Post by Titus »

Egg, Emotions are emotions. I'm not manipulating how anyone would feel. That's scummy. I'm merely testing to see how she would react. Town Silverwolf and scum Silverwolf do react differently.
Show

GTKTitus Part 2
Titus Academy

Titus
Titus
She/her
Moon Walker
Titus
She/her
Moon Walker
Moon Walker

Post Post #244 (ISO) » Thu May 14, 2015 6:00 pm

Post by Titus »

In post 242, dragonspawn wrote:So tso claims to be town off the bad and I vote for it in random voting and my reasoning is bad.

Not following the logic here. Though I certainly agree that claiming he was a citizen was unnecessary and odd.

Claiming town is whatever, people do it. Claiming a VT role is NOT something that happens every day is really anti-town. He said this was how he always describes town. No, if that was the case, he'd say he's a townie or town like TSO did.
Show

GTKTitus Part 2
Titus Academy

dragonspawn
dragonspawn
Mafia Scum
dragonspawn
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #245 (ISO) » Thu May 14, 2015 6:01 pm

Post by dragonspawn »

Not so sure of that Titus. Wolf has gotten better a hiding her tells
Boonskiies
Boonskiies
That's Not All, Folks!
Boonskiies
That's Not All, Folks!
That's Not All, Folks!

Post Post #246 (ISO) » Thu May 14, 2015 6:05 pm

Post by Boonskiies »

In post 158, dragonspawn wrote:
In post 148, Boonskiies wrote:Oh, sweet. Game started. I skimmed real fast. Like real fast. Sup, dragon, how you doin'? Eh, house and Bookitty probably scum again.

VOTE: bookitty

Doing good boons. Try to stay alive longer this time.

Have house and kitty been scum buddies before?

Yes, and I called them both out on it when neither of them were under suspicion. I'll be able to tell if they are this game, right Housey? ;)
"Let it be known that almost everything Boonskiies said is either hilarious or annoying." - Shinobi

Yes, I'm
Flavor Leaf
. That's my main; I just mod on
Boonskiies
Boonskiies
Boonskiies
That's Not All, Folks!
Boonskiies
That's Not All, Folks!
That's Not All, Folks!

Post Post #247 (ISO) » Thu May 14, 2015 6:06 pm

Post by Boonskiies »

@egg - I'll do a real read soon. I just wanted to post. I really like the player list for this game.
"Let it be known that almost everything Boonskiies said is either hilarious or annoying." - Shinobi

Yes, I'm
Flavor Leaf
. That's my main; I just mod on
Boonskiies
Titus
Titus
She/her
Moon Walker
Titus
She/her
Moon Walker
Moon Walker

Post Post #248 (ISO) » Thu May 14, 2015 6:09 pm

Post by Titus »

In post 245, dragonspawn wrote:Not so sure of that Titus. Wolf has gotten better a hiding her tells

Well, we'll see. I usually get in relatively soon. My way of reading people is usually considered "odd" anyway so, we'll see. Right now, I'm leaning scum due to her hedges and overdefensiveness. Mostly the hedges though.
Show

GTKTitus Part 2
Titus Academy

Egg
Egg
Jack of All Trades
Egg
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #249 (ISO) » Thu May 14, 2015 6:12 pm

Post by Egg »

In post 243, Titus wrote:Egg, Emotions are emotions. I'm not manipulating how anyone would feel. That's scummy. I'm merely testing to see how she would react. Town Silverwolf and scum Silverwolf do react differently.

I didn't see it that way, but whatever. You sound like you have more experience with her than I do. I don't even have a completed game with her.

In post 244, Titus wrote:
In post 242, dragonspawn wrote:So tso claims to be town off the bad and I vote for it in random voting and my reasoning is bad.

Claiming town is whatever, people do it. Claiming a VT role is NOT something that happens every day is really anti-town. He said this was how he always describes town. No, if that was the case, he'd say he's a townie or town like TSO did.

He straight up said that if he's a power role, he'd say the same thing.

Return to “Completed Large Normal Games”