Mafia Scum
sangres
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #2100 (ISO) » Fri May 15, 2015 2:02 pm

Post by sangres »

In post 2098, SnowStorm wrote:
In post 2086, sangres wrote:
In post 1955, SnowStorm wrote:It was a waste because we could have screened someone whose result would be more useful. Kitty already looked town. Sure she's conftown now, good, but we could have conftowned someone more suspicious and eliminate them from the mislynch pool (where Kitty was never in), or caught scum.

This post caught my eye immediately because it's not a lynch pool - it's a mislynch pool. curiouskarmadog questioned the post, but it looks like for the wrong reasons, since SnowStorm's explanation in post .

What's your issue with my use of the words "mislynch pool"?

It points up your mindset. scum think about mislynch pools.
SnowStorm
SnowStorm
Mafia Scum
SnowStorm
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #2101 (ISO) » Fri May 15, 2015 2:10 pm

Post by SnowStorm »

In post 2091, sangres wrote:
In post 2086, sangres wrote:
In post 1955, SnowStorm wrote:It was a waste because we could have screened someone whose result would be more useful. Kitty already looked town. Sure she's conftown now, good, but we could have conftowned someone more suspicious and eliminate them from the mislynch pool (where Kitty was never in), or caught scum.

This post caught my eye immediately because it's not a lynch pool - it's a mislynch pool. curiouskarmadog questioned the post, but it looks like for the wrong reasons, since SnowStorm's explanation in post .

The "waste of a screen" post also pinged, but not as hard. It was more in the vein of the posts in the Sabotage game I mentioned. There are some more things I want to find.

And 1957 looks like he caught himself when ckd questioned him and finessed his explanation to include scum in the mislynch pool.

Ok, this just doesn't make any sense. Not only am I not including scum in the mislynch pool, but doing so would be incredibly dumb as scum can't be in the mislynch pool. I'm arguing that we should use our screening to learn the alignment of suspicious players - players in the lynch pool. The two possible outcomes of doing that are: 1) Scum result - Meaning we catch scum; 2) Town result - Meaning we eliminate a suspicious town player from the mislynch pool. Mislynch because 2) takes into account a town result and as I said, only town can be in the mislynch pool. Is that clear or do I need to
finesse
it more?

In post 2095, sangres wrote:
What did you disagree about specifically? That you had a predetermined opinion?

Yes, I thought that was pretty clear too.
sangres
sangres
Mafia Scum
sangres
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #2102 (ISO) » Fri May 15, 2015 2:16 pm

Post by sangres »

Yes. In your reply you expand so you're talking about scum too, not just mislynches.
SnowStorm
SnowStorm
Mafia Scum
SnowStorm
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #2103 (ISO) » Fri May 15, 2015 2:18 pm

Post by SnowStorm »

In post 2102, sangres wrote:Yes. In your reply you expand so you're talking about scum too, not just mislynches.

In my reply, I gave the example of screening LLD, a player in the lynch pool. If we don't get a scum result on her, it means she's cleared from the mislynch pool, because she's town. Why is this so hard for you to understand?
SnowStorm
SnowStorm
Mafia Scum
SnowStorm
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #2104 (ISO) » Fri May 15, 2015 2:23 pm

Post by SnowStorm »

In post 1958, SnowStorm wrote:
In post 1957, curiouskarmadog wrote:
In post 1955, SnowStorm wrote:eliminate them from the mislynch pool (where Kitty was never in),

for the record, who was in the mislynch pool?

Anyone who's
town
and lynchable
. Kitty wasn't lynchable.

Lets take LLD for example. She is
either scum
or
in the mislynch pool
since people were arguing for her lynch today.
Learning
her alignment would have been much more useful than
confirming
Kitty's. That's what I'm saying.

Where in this post am I including scum in the mislynch pool?
sangres
sangres
Mafia Scum
sangres
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #2105 (ISO) » Fri May 15, 2015 2:27 pm

Post by sangres »

I feel like you're being obtuse. you're not including scum in the mislynch pool. You're adding the (real and accurate) uncertainty about whether the pool is town or scum in
after the fact
, when you initially were talking about town players when the pool of players to screen aren't necessarily (and demonstrably haven't been) town.
sangres
sangres
Mafia Scum
sangres
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #2106 (ISO) » Fri May 15, 2015 2:32 pm

Post by sangres »

In post 2071, AngryPidgeon wrote:
In post 2070, sangres wrote:AP you're making me nervous.

Sorry. What can I do to fix that? Cause I know this post is sure not going to fix it.

Are you sheeping me?
SnowStorm
SnowStorm
Mafia Scum
SnowStorm
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #2107 (ISO) » Fri May 15, 2015 2:45 pm

Post by SnowStorm »

In post 2105, sangres wrote:I feel like you're being obtuse. you're not including scum in the mislynch pool. You're adding the (real and accurate) uncertainty about whether the pool is town or scum in
after the fact
, when you initially were talking about town players when the pool of players to screen aren't necessarily (and demonstrably haven't been) town.

You're being obtuse.

In post 1955, SnowStorm wrote:It was a waste because we could have screened someone whose result would be more useful. Kitty already looked town. Sure she's conftown now, good, but
we could have conftowned someone more suspicious and eliminate them from the mislynch pool
(where Kitty was never in),
or
caught scum.

This is the original post. I am not talking about town players. I am talking about suspicious players, who could be town (thus, in the mislynch pool) or scum. I talk about them being in the mislynch pool to show the contrast between Kitty's town result and a town result on someone suspicious. Kitty's town result didn't eliminate a suspect, a town result on a suspicious player would eliminate a suspect.
RIP
RIP
Mafia Scum
RIP
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #2108 (ISO) » Fri May 15, 2015 2:46 pm

Post by RIP »

Ok let's hammer the screen on sangres before u guys fuck it up yet again.
RIP
RIP
Mafia Scum
RIP
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #2109 (ISO) » Fri May 15, 2015 2:48 pm

Post by RIP »

So what happened to kill?

I'm down with a wrong lynch wagon. All aboard
RIP
RIP
Mafia Scum
RIP
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #2110 (ISO) » Fri May 15, 2015 2:48 pm

Post by RIP »

VOTE: the wrong lynch
RIP
RIP
Mafia Scum
RIP
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #2111 (ISO) » Fri May 15, 2015 2:50 pm

Post by RIP »

Wrong lunch and vali have super low posts. I don't see them trying hard to figure this out

Kill one VIG the other
RIP
RIP
Mafia Scum
RIP
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #2112 (ISO) » Fri May 15, 2015 2:53 pm

Post by RIP »

In post 1939, Battlestar Galactica wrote:
“I hear they're still eating paper. Is that true?”
“No. Paper shortage.” –
William Adama and Saul Tigh

VOTE COUNT 2.09 - DAY END

ooba (10-LYNCHED)
- sangres, ValiliaRei, RIP, THE WRONG LYNCH, Lady Lambdadelta, Andrius, AngryPidgeon, curiouskarmadog, Brian Skies, Porochaz
ValiliaRei (2)
- ooba, Mantisdreamz
AngryPidgeon (1)
- NotAnAxehole

Not voting (5)
- Bookitty, Nero Cain, Toogeloo, SnowStorm, Nikanor

SCREEN COUNT (CONFIRMED)

Bookitty (10-SCREENED)
- curiouskarmadog, Nikanor, Bookitty, Mantisdreamz, sangres, Porochaz, NotAnAxehole, Brian Skies, Toogeloo, THE WRONG LYNCH
Porochaz (3)
- ValiliaRei, RIP, Andrius
Lady Lambdadelta (1)
- SnowStorm
THE WRONG LYNCH (1)
- Nero Cain
AngryPidgeon (1)
- AngryPidgeon
sangres (1)
- ooba
NotAnAxehole (1)
- Lady Lambdadelta

Not voting (0)
- none

A lynch has been reached.

Let's study this.
There was no kill. So I'm guessing scum targeted baltsr and "someone" blocked it or stopped it.

Or they try to kill the tracker Brian?

Now the votes...
RIP
RIP
Mafia Scum
RIP
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #2113 (ISO) » Fri May 15, 2015 2:54 pm

Post by RIP »

I'm mad we had Prozac almost screened and scum switch to boo kitty who I had lock cleared. Well played fuckers
RIP
RIP
Mafia Scum
RIP
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #2114 (ISO) » Fri May 15, 2015 2:56 pm

Post by RIP »

Lol lady btw just lol. U guys so lucky... Cock block
THE WRONG WAGON
THE WRONG WAGON
Goon
THE WRONG WAGON
Goon
Goon

Post Post #2115 (ISO) » Fri May 15, 2015 3:22 pm

Post by THE WRONG WAGON »

In post 1949, RIP wrote:Post your results if you got them.

Bookitty obv human town.
Next?

How the hell do you know this before the information was given in the thread...?

In post 1982, NotAnAxehole wrote:
In post 1981, Nikanor wrote:
Unvote.

Just trying to be a brat.

My opinions haven't changed. I do absolutely want TWL lynched. I'd be up for screening Mantis if it wasn't for the fact that she was in the neighborhood with TWL. As such, I think she's probably town. If I'm wrong about TWL, that might change, but my reasons for thinking Mantis are scum are not very great so w/e.
curiouskarmadog would be my preferred screen but nobody will listen to me on that so I'll have to go for SnowStorm.

Vote: THE WRONG LYNCH.

Screen: SnowStorm.

Interesting. Considering you have a lot of experience with playing with Krystal, do you want to explain why you're scum reading her. It's interesting that she was scum reading you and then she had doubts and all of a sudden you are up to scum-reading her.

I think the reasoning for attempting to scum read us are shit. I think you're trying to go after a weaker player thinking they'll just back down, but hey guess what I'm not a weak player nor am I backing down.

So basically you think it's either TWL or Mantis... I don't entirely disagree, I just think the opposite is more likely. (Mantis scum, TWL town)

I can get behind a SnowStorm screen

Screen: SnowStorm

@Nik:

Interesting. Considering you have a lot of experience with playing with Krystal, do you want to explain why you're scum reading her. It's interesting that she was scum reading you and then she had doubts and all of a sudden you are up to scum-reading her.

I think the reasoning for attempting to scum read us are shit. I think you're trying to go after a weaker player thinking they'll just back down, but hey guess what I'm not a weak player nor am I backing down.

@NAA: Quoted for something I read later.
In post 1987, Nikanor wrote:
In post 1982, NotAnAxehole wrote:
In post 1981, Nikanor wrote:
Unvote.

Just trying to be a brat.

My opinions haven't changed. I do absolutely want TWL lynched. I'd be up for screening Mantis if it wasn't for the fact that she was in the neighborhood with TWL. As such, I think she's probably town. If I'm wrong about TWL, that might change, but my reasons for thinking Mantis are scum are not very great so w/e.
curiouskarmadog would be my preferred screen but nobody will listen to me on that so I'll have to go for SnowStorm.

Vote: THE WRONG LYNCH.

Screen: SnowStorm.

So basically you think it's either TWL or Mantis... I don't entirely disagree, I just think the opposite is more likely. (Mantis scum, TWL town)

I can get behind a SnowStorm screen

Screen: SnowStorm

TWL is expressing the classic scumtell of FakeOutrageAtBeingCalledScummySoThatHeCanLookTownWithoutDoingMuchInsteadOfActuallyBotheringToScumhunt.
I have no idea why anyone else thinks Mantis is particularly likely to be scum. I know I have my own reasons but they don't really apply to anyone else and I can't see anything other than the thing that applies only to me really.

lol so hard.

I have a pretty hard meta tell on her. Considering I have hydra'd with her and have caught her as scum a few times I'm like 999999% sure that she's town unless her meta has changed drastically since the last time we played. (Which I don't think it has. Her posting yesterday was pretty good imo)

In post 1992, AngryPidgeon wrote:Maybe I speak caffeine. I'm actively drinking tea as a sort of nicotine patch for coffee.

You can call TWL's outrage fake, but that doesn't make it fake. I got the impression that they might be sensitive to pressure in the neighborhood as a playstyle thing. Don't get me wrong though, you could be right; I just think calling outrage fake is a bit like rounding pi to 3.14 when you want to send a rocket to the moon.

I'd have to check the neighborhood but IIRC all 3 of us called Ooba town on D1. I know I explicitly said that Ooba's posts sucked but that they looked town.

I also ironically had to laugh at something in this post, but moving on.

In post 2017, Mantisdreamz wrote:
In post 2006, curiouskarmadog wrote:
In post 2004, Mantisdreamz wrote:
i don't know though, kind of weird to try and put myself in that perspective.

you asked where it came from, for me (not speaking for Axehole) that is where it came from. You havent done much and it appears you dont really want to make waves...

i thought i posted quite a bit for someone who has only been in day 2.
i put out my town reads, and my scum reads... i'm not sure what else there is.
there is no flavour speculation on my part, because i haven't watched the show, and to be honest, it goes over my head a little.

here
are
were my townreads that i
am
was pretty certain on:
-toogelo
-porochaz
-notanaxehole
-RIP
-curiouskarmadog
-AP
-TWL

it is now something like this:
-toog
-porochaz
-NAA
-RIP
-curiouskarmadog
-AP
-Brian
-Bookitty
-Valilia
-Andrius

i voted to screen porochaz, because i didn't really care, and thought it was silly to screen Valilia, at the time
i also thought maybe it would be good to see if he was the sleeper, just in case

i moved TWL from the townpile though, because like AP, i'm having my doubts on them now.
i didn't like that he came in last day, just to post that he wasn't able to post, or would try to catch up.
it's not like he was in prod zone yet. so that stuck out to me, because town will generally (i think) just post when they can and don't feel the need to say anything about it.

i added Valilia, Bookitty and Brian for obvious reasons. and Andy, cause i forgot to mention him before. i originally had a scum read on him for most of Day 1. but then he made a bunch of posts (i can get the links from the PT of the posts) that i liked.

i guess the remaining people are:
-SnowStorm
-LLD

that i think could be scum

and then,

-nikanor
-sangres
-nero cain

^i am just a little iffy on. sangres less so, because i might just be being overly paranoid of them.

i can't say anything about PeaceBringer, since he's not here, but i feel bad for him.

we can't really guess too much on how the sleeper could be, because i think we'll just have to look out after night 4 (i think that's what ooba said?) when they switch... to see who is acting differently.

Weird. Want to explain the switch on your read on us?

Also I had posted prior to the second post that I had missed a few pages because what I was reading didn't make sense at all. The second post was to be aware that I wasn't able to get caught up due to RL. I don't see how that is remotely scummy? I think you're seeing a time to jump on our wagon so you're fabricating a way to jump on it. My townread on you isn't changing, but I want to say this is the first post I have had an issue with all game.

In post 2044, NotAnAxehole wrote:I'm only voting either Andrius or TWL for lynch today.

VOTE: The Wrong Lynch

In post 2045, Nikanor wrote:^What changed your mind on TWL?

Explain the switch.

I'm literally unable to fucking to explain the case on us because it' absolute garbage and right now it consists of maybe just Nik's case (which is pretty bad in of itself) and the rest are just sheeps and unexplained votes.

In post 2046, Nero Cain wrote:
vote:twl

In post 2049, NotAnAxehole wrote:
In post 2045, Nikanor wrote:^What changed your mind on TWL?

It was a combination of your ideas, Mantis post and reviewing TWL's game. It's not set in stone and I'm not overly confident on this lynch, but there is no lynch I'm overly confident in right now. I think Andrius is a better lynch, but I won't have time to justify any of my thoughts properly till Monday for sure. I also don't think Andrius is a likely lynch despite being a better lynch.

Let's see if there's anything that comes from the pressure on TWL.

How did you review our game...?

Andrius shouldn't be lynched btw. I don't really think he's scum as much as I thought before. I also had an epiphany about VR. Regardless of how last Day went down I don't know why I didn't remember this sooner, but the chances of VR being scum/sleeper agent are zero to one. I forgot that Nexus doesn't include fake claims in scum role PM's. So the fact that VR/Andrius pushed BRO at first due to the word PM makes them both veryyyyyyyyyyyyy likely town.

In post 2064, Andrius wrote:
In post 2057, Nero Cain wrote:join me Andy!

Vote: Wrong Lynch
Screen: sangres

AP: I like games with death. Multiball is good when done right. I just dislike larges that have 0-1 deaths a night. If we're going to get 28 players together or something I fully expect BODIES.

In post 2080, Nero Cain wrote:LLD/TWL are the only acceptable lynches today.

You should be lynched with fire btw.

No seriously lynch NC before LyLo, thanksbye~

In post 2085, Nero Cain wrote:meh, neither LLD or TWL are doing anything so I think there's a decent chance we see scum in those two.

You didn't even give us a chance. You were biting at the bit before we even posted two posts. you're so up the confirmation bias stick it's fucking sad. I mean you refuse to even reset. So it's not even worth trying to reason with you because from past experience I know it won't help.

I'm definitely done playing with you from games in the future.

In post 2109, RIP wrote:So what happened to kill?

Your nightkill got blocked, too sad. I mean you really needed it to win.

In post 2110, RIP wrote:VOTE: the wrong lynch

Explain or just willing to sheep the horrible, non existence case.
In post 2111, RIP wrote:Wrong lunch and vali have super low posts. I don't see them trying hard to figure this out

Kill one VIG the other

We have low posts because we were missing from all of fucking D1. We couldn't post in thread. Are you magically expecting us to have the highest PC after one Day??!?!?!?

Vali is fucking town. What the actual fuck are you smoking?

~WS
AngryPidgeon
AngryPidgeon
Glenn Peck
AngryPidgeon
Glenn Peck
Glenn Peck

Post Post #2116 (ISO) » Fri May 15, 2015 3:24 pm

Post by AngryPidgeon »

@ffery: yes and no. I have concerns about snow but hearing you say it too made me like the vote more than I did before you mentioned them.
AngryPidgeon
AngryPidgeon
Glenn Peck
AngryPidgeon
Glenn Peck
Glenn Peck

Post Post #2117 (ISO) » Fri May 15, 2015 3:27 pm

Post by AngryPidgeon »

In post 2079, Porochaz wrote:
vote snowstorm

screen sangres

Praise the Lord and pass the ammunition.
sangres
sangres
Mafia Scum
sangres
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #2118 (ISO) » Fri May 15, 2015 3:28 pm

Post by sangres »

From your iso, you appeared to be townreading him on day 2.
AngryPidgeon
AngryPidgeon
Glenn Peck
AngryPidgeon
Glenn Peck
Glenn Peck

Post Post #2119 (ISO) » Fri May 15, 2015 3:37 pm

Post by AngryPidgeon »

In post 2092, Nero Cain wrote:town players post scummy shit all the time, its not this super duper scumtell that you think it is.

Town players also flake and lurk though :neutral:
AngryPidgeon
AngryPidgeon
Glenn Peck
AngryPidgeon
Glenn Peck
Glenn Peck

Post Post #2120 (ISO) » Fri May 15, 2015 3:44 pm

Post by AngryPidgeon »

In post 2109, RIP wrote:So what happened to kill?

Only scum would want a wrong lynch wagon. Scum slip much? ;)

I have to be silly. I'm tired and drunk and work was Meh today.

Ya idk. Let me be more careful about my reads. The t:s ratio is pretty high and I'm getting lazy + disheartened that my two town reads flipped maf. Tell you what. I'm going to smoke a blunt to celebrate my first week back at work. I will peruse this game when I'm good and crisp.
AngryPidgeon
AngryPidgeon
Glenn Peck
AngryPidgeon
Glenn Peck
Glenn Peck

Post Post #2121 (ISO) » Fri May 15, 2015 3:48 pm

Post by AngryPidgeon »

In post 2113, RIP wrote:I'm mad we had Prozac almost screened and scum switch to boo kitty who I had lock cleared. Well played fuckers

Thank you captain hindsight.

Please regale me with more tales of your scum hunting prowess
AngryPidgeon
AngryPidgeon
Glenn Peck
AngryPidgeon
Glenn Peck
Glenn Peck

Post Post #2122 (ISO) » Fri May 15, 2015 3:55 pm

Post by AngryPidgeon »

I'm phone posting so quotes are hard.

TWL: what are you saying about Andy and VR? I don't get how no fake claims makes them town for the push. At all. Choose your words with caution. I also don't really think that mod meta is strictly applicable in a mod hydra game.
AngryPidgeon
AngryPidgeon
Glenn Peck
AngryPidgeon
Glenn Peck
Glenn Peck

Post Post #2123 (ISO) » Fri May 15, 2015 3:57 pm

Post by AngryPidgeon »

Also how are they likely not a sleeper agent? A sleeper would just be a regular townie on D1..... so them pushing bro wouldn't matter

Also who is ready to be 99% sure the sleeper has activated when tomorrow dawns?!

This guy.
AngryPidgeon
AngryPidgeon
Glenn Peck
AngryPidgeon
Glenn Peck
Glenn Peck

Post Post #2124 (ISO) » Fri May 15, 2015 3:59 pm

Post by AngryPidgeon »

Someone get on my wave length. I feel lost. Too much confidence, circle jerking, and setup spec. I need someone to appeal to my inner whimsy and roll with it. Well boo did a bit but now she's conftown anyhow.

Bs could still be mafia btw. Throwing that one out again.

I see ... everything!

Return to “Completed Large Theme Games”