Newbie 1608: Snow Cones (Game Over)

For Newbie Games, which have a set format and experienced moderators. Archived during the 2023 queue overhaul.
Keyser Söze
Keyser Söze
Jack of All Trades
Keyser Söze
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #50 (ISO) » Wed May 20, 2015 3:33 am

Post by Keyser Söze »

In post 28, Bulbazoor wrote:Btw guys. My fos now is

VOTE: Rosen

Reason is her intro seems forced to me. Idk if anyone else agrees.

I'd already flagged Rosen's intro before your vote. Were you planning on me agreeing and adding a vote :?:
Fraggernaut
Fraggernaut
Mafia Scum
Fraggernaut
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #51 (ISO) » Wed May 20, 2015 5:37 am

Post by Fraggernaut »

In post 50, Keyser Söze wrote:

I'd already flagged Rosen's intro before your vote. Were you planning on me agreeing and adding a vote :?:

I don't find Rosen's intro particularly scummy, but that read may come from people's experience playing the game. To me it seemed genuine, not forced.

Keyser do you find Rosen's intro particularly scummy for the same reason you read me scummy from 10 ? Or were there other reasons behind it? Also in post 23 you replied to Rebus Swagrid's post 21 about being guilty of trying to fit in & conform, but then say you're even guilty of conforming. Who exactly are you guilty of trying to conform to? Doesn't seem very towny.

I also found Bulbazoor's comment about Rosen's intro odd, like they were trying to convince town that it was forced. It just came off strange.

Superbowl what in post 34 piques your interest? Just what you mentioned or was there something else?
superbowl9
superbowl9
Mafia Scum
superbowl9
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #52 (ISO) » Wed May 20, 2015 6:40 am

Post by superbowl9 »

@frag I can't really say any more without breaking the rules.
Keyser Söze
Keyser Söze
Jack of All Trades
Keyser Söze
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #53 (ISO) » Wed May 20, 2015 8:01 am

Post by Keyser Söze »

@Fragg

Conform to mafiascum D1 rituals: RVS. 2 weeks is a long time, so more time to read into wagons, random votes.

Your intros were not strong scum reads of mine, just shared behaviour I flagged.

Your reaction to my flag was the scummy part. Was that reaction 100% sincere, including the vote?
Keyser Söze
Keyser Söze
Jack of All Trades
Keyser Söze
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #54 (ISO) » Wed May 20, 2015 8:14 am

Post by Keyser Söze »

@Fragg, is there a reason why you sound like a mafia newb in posts 39/43, but then a seasoned scumhunting pro by post 51?

I had to look back if you were the same person :P quick learner eh? :!:
Bulbazoor
Bulbazoor
Mafia Scum
Bulbazoor
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #55 (ISO) » Wed May 20, 2015 9:39 am

Post by Bulbazoor »

In post 32, Keyser Söze wrote:enomis, you took the words right out of my mouth:
"How do you present somebody as scum and convince everyone to follow your vote?"

RE: Bulbazoor's post: "Reason is her intro seems forced to me.
Idk if anyone else agrees
."

IMO, it felt like Bulbazoor was laying the seeds for a wagon :shifty:

Explain this laying seeds for a wagon. Btw, if I was laying seeds, wouldn't I have gotten my point better across by saying ""hey jump on this" or " guys vote this"?

I fos rosen because of how se seems to ignore my vote on her. She i not even responding to me and the vote. If you are going to do so, please respond. To my vote Rosen. I would like some input from super and mantis also
Bulbazoor
Bulbazoor
Mafia Scum
Bulbazoor
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #56 (ISO) » Wed May 20, 2015 9:41 am

Post by Bulbazoor »

I also noticed super voted without even elaborating. I want super now. That vote was relly off and sent a scum alrm to me.
Bulbazoor
Bulbazoor
Mafia Scum
Bulbazoor
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #57 (ISO) » Wed May 20, 2015 9:45 am

Post by Bulbazoor »

Supernever really seemed to speak until the rather sudden suspicion he has on reu.
Bulbazoor
Bulbazoor
Mafia Scum
Bulbazoor
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #58 (ISO) » Wed May 20, 2015 9:53 am

Post by Bulbazoor »

Ill anwer all your concerns with me.

I would like to start out with reu and that "idk" comment. By that comment I just wanted to see everyone elses foses. Im not following the crowd, as you see in votes. Reu, why is it you are looking so much into me and enomis and are not even looking at the other players.
Keyser Söze
Keyser Söze
Jack of All Trades
Keyser Söze
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #59 (ISO) » Wed May 20, 2015 10:07 am

Post by Keyser Söze »

I like Bulbs' defence.

He could have said I was talking s##t and thrown a vote on me, but he explained each point clearly and calmly. He wasn't afraid of me flagging his post. Idk if anyone else agrees.
Bulbazoor
Bulbazoor
Mafia Scum
Bulbazoor
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #60 (ISO) » Wed May 20, 2015 10:09 am

Post by Bulbazoor »

What do you think about super though?
Keyser Söze
Keyser Söze
Jack of All Trades
Keyser Söze
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #61 (ISO) » Wed May 20, 2015 10:10 am

Post by Keyser Söze »

I don't know who mantis is... lol

Can mod nudge him/her please.
Bulbazoor
Bulbazoor
Mafia Scum
Bulbazoor
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #62 (ISO) » Wed May 20, 2015 10:11 am

Post by Bulbazoor »

In post 7, Mantisdreamz wrote:good evening

All he said literally. As for him(mantis) hes a null to me until he posts content.
Fraggernaut
Fraggernaut
Mafia Scum
Fraggernaut
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #63 (ISO) » Wed May 20, 2015 10:13 am

Post by Fraggernaut »

In post 54, Keyser Söze wrote:@Fragg, is there a reason why you sound like a mafia newb in posts 39/43, but then a seasoned scumhunting pro by post 51?

I had to look back if you were the same person :P quick learner eh? :!:

It was sincere, it's unforunate that you read that scummy because a newbie defended themselves. Seems rather easy & convient if scum tried to push on a new guy like me still learning the game. Seems you have plenty of experience regardless of what you're tenure here implies.

As for my scum hunting, I asked here about scum hunting & didn't recieve any answers so I reviewed the game to see how it's done. I am a very quick learner when it comes to learning aspects of the game. I'm by no stretch of the imagination pro at it as you implied.

Also is that vote really bothering you that much on d1?
Bulbazoor
Bulbazoor
Mafia Scum
Bulbazoor
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #64 (ISO) » Wed May 20, 2015 10:18 am

Post by Bulbazoor »

In post 8, Rosen wrote:Charmander and Bulbasaur, but no Squirtle? I guess I'll take the grass-type.
VOTE: Bulbazoor

My time zone is PST, my posts will usually be in the evening unless I'm having a slow day at work.

Last time I played, RQS was fairly common. Has that fallen out of favor, and if so, why?

Rosen,btw, can i ask you something? Why did you start off by asking about RQS? Were you worried about it affecting you game?
Keyser Söze
Keyser Söze
Jack of All Trades
Keyser Söze
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #65 (ISO) » Wed May 20, 2015 11:03 am

Post by Keyser Söze »

In post 63, Fraggernaut wrote:It was sincere, it's unforunate that you read that scummy because a newbie defended themselves.
Seems rather easy & convient if scum tried to push on a new guy like me still learning the game. Seems you have plenty of experience regardless of what you're tenure here implies

Remember, my vote is not on you. Do you not like my focus? "Scum" trying "to push on a new guy" - scum meaning me and who else...? It's just me bro.

How do now know what "experience" is? Admit it, you're not a newb. You already knew what "scum" and "scumhunting" meant :D

In post 63, Fraggernaut wrote:Also is that vote really bothering you that much on d1?

I'm incredibly scared :dead: But something that is even scarier is someone who admits making a sincere vote for someone straight after a
gentle prod
. Can you at least concede my point that I found your retaliation vote impetuous? :cry:
Keyser Söze
Keyser Söze
Jack of All Trades
Keyser Söze
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #66 (ISO) » Wed May 20, 2015 11:35 am

Post by Keyser Söze »

In post 60, Bulbazoor wrote:What do you think about super though?

Super's first vote is as random as they come. But let Super admit to that.

The timing of his unvote and re-vote is also interesting. Mr.Reubus was at L-2, when Super voted for me [thinking aloud here: did he want to spark a rival wagon?]. At this stage I don't actually think Reub is scum now, so will UNVOTE: .

There's been
two times
Super has withheld info (or his opinion) - opportunistic? Strange timing IMO.

1st time:

In post 47, superbowl9 wrote:Ugh
I can't even post anything thoughtful rite now even tho I have stuff to say
. I'll probably get something down when I'm in school tho, so expect something from me soon.

2nd time:

In post 52, superbowl9 wrote:@frag
I can't really say any more without breaking the rules

Paraphrase please. If you have something useful to say we need to hear it :idea:
superbowl9
superbowl9
Mafia Scum
superbowl9
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #67 (ISO) » Wed May 20, 2015 1:52 pm

Post by superbowl9 »

In post 49, Keyser Söze wrote:
In post 48, superbowl9 wrote:
I think all of his arguments are really weak
and he seems like he's latching onto everything that could look scummy, in the hopes that it may look scummy to the rest of the town, too.

Not going to disagree with the part in
bold
:D Yep, all of it is very weak, it's Day One. I'm looking at small details here, but once we see a flip on someone, all those small details could add up to something helpful.

Disagree with this part though:
"in the hopes that it may look scummy to the rest of the town"

- I think everyone has a mind/opinion of their own, they can choose to disagree, ignore or to talk about it.
- I won't respect anyone who accepts my posts as 'fact' this early.
- Neither do I like someone pointing out the obvious fact that my observations aren't strong conclusive arguments/reads for D1 :igmeou:

Currently I'm looking at:
- enomis' third vote on Reubus Swagrid
- Bulbazoor's "Idk if anyone else agrees" comment

By calling out every little thing you think could be scummy, you make yourself sound like you're scum trying to find some detail which you can use to push an argument that one of us is scummy, which IMO is more likely to come from scum (since the scum know who's town and need to try to find things that people they know are town say that are scummy and are found by the rest of the town to be scummy). If you're just noting things you think might be useful for future reads or think aren't as important now but you'll be able to develop arguments around them later, couldn't you just go back in the game to where these things were being said and bring them up later?

I think you're (maybe purposefully) overanalyzing bulbazoor, bulba is clearly just noobing it out so hard that it's pretty hard to get a read.

@bulba if you're talking about my RVS vote having no justification, I suggest you read some wiki articles. As for the timing of my post, I wasn't under any pressure at any time before my first information/analysis post, so I don't really know what you're talking about.

@keyser (again) Let me just say that is not exactly a work of art when it comes to "defences", as you call them, but I think that you're more interested in the manner in which he reacted, and in the process of trying to commend him for his non-aggressive defense you attack another player. Hypocritical? You tell me.

As for , yeah I wouldn't mind a wagon on you right now. I think it'd be good to see you under a bit of early pressure.
As for "withholding info", you don't seem to understand that people actually have lives, like, irl, and they kinda need to take care of stuff a lot of the time. Not everyone has 5 hours to sit here, monitor the thread, and wall, and some people barely have a minute to spare. You need to respect people's personal lives, and accusing people as you've done of "making excuses" or "withholding" for simply saying that they're kinda busy so you can expect a post(s) at such and such a time is kind of illogical and I dare say a bit disrespectful. As for the second thing, I've had extremely minimal experience on the site (hence why I am playing as a noob), and I've already broken the rules once; no way am I risking breaking them again. It's not that important anyways, just a little conjecture I had.
Keyser Söze
Keyser Söze
Jack of All Trades
Keyser Söze
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #68 (ISO) » Wed May 20, 2015 2:26 pm

Post by Keyser Söze »

In post 67, superbowl9 wrote:By calling out every little thing you think could be scummy, you make yourself sound like you're scum trying to find some detail which you can use to push an argument that one of us is scummy, which IMO is more likely to come from scum (since the scum know who's town and need to try to find things that people they know are town say that are scummy and are found by the rest of the town to be scummy). If you're just noting things you think might be useful for future reads or think aren't as important now but you'll be able to develop arguments around them later, couldn't you just go back in the game to where these things were being said and bring them up later?

"make yourself sound like you're scum" - that's not a good tactic is it?! :lol:
"couldn't you just go back in the game to where these things were being said and bring them up later" - I have a personal goal of being active from the start, right to the point I am lynched/NK'd. If I make 1 post every 24-48 hours, that does not help town. Better out than in as one famous ogre said. We need to hear eachother's thoughts. I've already got reactions through my questions/reads/comments.

In post 67, superbowl9 wrote:I think you're (maybe purposefully) overanalyzing bulbazoor, bulba is clearly just noobing it out so hard that it's pretty hard to get a read.

"overanalyzing bulbazoor", you spookily sound like you're parroting enomis' comments earlier.

In post 33, enomis wrote:I think you are over-analyzing things on bulbazoor

Wow, that's nearly word for word... :lol: I've looked at Bulbasaurus, have my read on him and have moved on. I'm not looking at Bulba anymore.

In post 67, superbowl9 wrote:@keyser (again) Let me just say that is not exactly a work of art when it comes to "defences", as you call them, but I think that you're more interested in the manner in which he reacted, and in the process of trying to commend him for his non-aggressive defense you attack another player. Hypocritical? You tell me.

"attack another player" - tell me who I shouldn't attack.

In post 67, superbowl9 wrote:As for , yeah I wouldn't mind a wagon on you right now. I think it'd be good to see you under a bit of early pressure.
As for "withholding info", you don't seem to understand that people actually have lives, like, irl, and they kinda need to take care of stuff a lot of the time. Not everyone has 5 hours to sit here, monitor the thread, and wall, and some people barely have a minute to spare. You need to respect people's personal lives, and accusing people as you've done of "making excuses" or "withholding" for simply saying that they're kinda busy so you can expect a post(s) at such and such a time is kind of illogical and I dare say a bit disrespectful. As for the second thing, I've had extremely minimal experience on the site (hence why I am playing as a noob), and I've already broken the rules once; no way am I risking breaking them again. It's not that important anyways, just a little conjecture I had.

What a load of fluff. Fell asleep half way through :lol: Don't tell me you just dished out the classic
"you don't seem to understand that people actually have lives"
line :facepalm: Please keep your fluff, conjectures and rule breaks off this thread please :cop: I don't want to sift through multiple:
"I have something to say, but can't"
posts.
"You need to respect people's personal lives" - please respect my personal free time too. When I read this thread I don't want my free time wasted by fluff, conjectures and rule breaking.
enomis
enomis
Mafia Scum
enomis
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #69 (ISO) » Wed May 20, 2015 2:42 pm

Post by enomis »

@Reubus:

I read insincere as trying to portray a town image by saying something but you don't really mean(The i don't care statement). That's why i thought it was abit scummy.

The second statement is abit scummy because you are trying to use textbook to defend yourself

Not a huge read but something to start with.

@Fraggernaut:

Meta is essentially someone's playstyle. For example, let's say i meta person A. I will check person's A past games and see their playstyle. For example, i find them playing more vocal generally as scum in their games. And i look at them in my games, are they more vocal? If they are, chances are, they are likely scum.

@keyser:

In post 45, Keyser Söze wrote:At the moment I think he's scum, thus, I believe that reaction was real. Am I allowed to change my mind later?

You haven't answered my question. Why does his
alignment
have to do with the reaction being real or fake. Why can't he be town giving that reaction?

In post 45, Keyser Söze wrote:Only "random" if he was town - it's seems like you know Bulbazoor is town then.

Were all your points on Reubus Swagrid sincere, or a reaction test to put him on three votes?

....Let's say i am bulba and i am scum. I know my scum buddy. There are 7 other dudes that are not scum. So i just pick one of them to lay a seed of wagon on? Isn't that random. Anyway, i am not arguing on these anymore. It is pointless.

Yes, those were all my points on Reubus. I find it funny that you are asking me reaction testing. Do you think i will tell you it's reaction testing if it is?(especially since if i am, the reaction test is not finished).

@super:

In post 48, superbowl9 wrote:@enomis IC guy: in 31 are you saying that the alignment indicative argument itself is scummy?

What does this mean? I don't get it.
"you must prove more patient than a caterpillar, more willing to survive than a cockroach, and more stubborn than a leech - or you will definitely fail" - Counselor Rodriguez, the Star of Wisdom

Homertve: "Oh, and by the way, your tail is on fire."
enomis
enomis
Mafia Scum
enomis
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #70 (ISO) » Wed May 20, 2015 2:53 pm

Post by enomis »

@Keyser:

In post 59, Keyser Söze wrote:I like Bulbs' defence.

He could have said I was talking s##t and thrown a vote on me, but he explained each point clearly and calmly. He wasn't afraid of me flagging his post. Idk if anyone else agrees.

So him talking shit and throwing a vote on you would have been scummy? I could totally see town doing that though.

And you said "Idk if anyone else agrees" comment is scummy right? And you are using it yourself, multiple times it seems.

Why is explaining each point clearly and calmly towny? I find it a matter of playstyle on how they play. I am curious as to why you find that alignment-indicative.
"you must prove more patient than a caterpillar, more willing to survive than a cockroach, and more stubborn than a leech - or you will definitely fail" - Counselor Rodriguez, the Star of Wisdom

Homertve: "Oh, and by the way, your tail is on fire."
Rosen
Rosen
Townie
Rosen
Townie
Townie

Post Post #71 (ISO) » Wed May 20, 2015 2:54 pm

Post by Rosen »

In post 55, Bulbazoor wrote:
I fos rosen because of how se seems to ignore my vote on her. She i not even responding to me and the vote. If you are going to do so, please respond. To my vote Rosen. I would like some input from super and mantis also

Hold it! Rewind!

You FOS me because my intro seems forced to you, but now it's because I didn't respond to your vote? You were essentially asking others to agree with you, but I don't see a question for me. Are you sure it doesn't seem forced to you because it put a vote on you?
---
Keyser 46: How'd Enomis take the words out of your mouth about Bulba when his post 31 was about Reubus?
---
In post 59, Keyser Söze wrote:I like Bulbs' defence.

Zoom in. "
Idk if anyone else agrees.
"
Is this post snark or sincere? It looks set up so you could claim it's either, so how about you clarify, Keyser? Post 65 has more snark-shielding.
---
In response to Keyser's 66: I don't begrudge Super's 47, but his 52 does raise big question marks. Clarify as much as you can, Super. If you're worried about rule breaking, I'm sure you can check in with the mod.
---
In post 64, Bulbazoor wrote:
In post 8, Rosen wrote:Charmander and Bulbasaur, but no Squirtle? I guess I'll take the grass-type.
VOTE: Bulbazoor

My time zone is PST, my posts will usually be in the evening unless I'm having a slow day at work.

Last time I played, RQS was fairly common. Has that fallen out of favor, and if so, why?

Rosen,btw, can i ask you something? Why did you start off by asking about RQS? Were you worried about it affecting you game?

I like RQS, it appeals to my sense of whimsy. I checked around other games and didn't see any, so I thought it was the new board standard.
Rosen
Rosen
Townie
Rosen
Townie
Townie

Post Post #72 (ISO) » Wed May 20, 2015 3:01 pm

Post by Rosen »

Enomis 37 and 69: Twice you've asked us to say you're scum. Is there a guilty conscience at play?
Keyser Söze
Keyser Söze
Jack of All Trades
Keyser Söze
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #73 (ISO) » Wed May 20, 2015 3:04 pm

Post by Keyser Söze »

@enomis: "Why does his alignment have to do with the reaction being real or fake. Why can't he be town giving that reaction?"

It was my initial stance on Fraggernaut's "alignment" - I took him as scum with his impetuous/reaction vote.
I viewed it as a real reaction not fake.
I like him as town for now - his subsequent reactions resonate sincerity.
So yes, it obviously wasn't conclusive evidence of his alignment.
Keyser Söze
Keyser Söze
Jack of All Trades
Keyser Söze
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #74 (ISO) » Wed May 20, 2015 3:15 pm

Post by Keyser Söze »

In post 70, enomis wrote:
So him talking shit and throwing a vote on you would have been scummy? I could totally see town doing that though.

"I could totally see town doing that though" - why are you speaking from the perspective of scum... :?
"him talking shit" - exactly,
talking shit
. You know I'm town don't you :D
I don't care about votes really - only reactions.

And you said "Idk if anyone else agrees" comment is scummy right? And you are using it yourself, multiple times it seems.

It was quite clear I was being sarcastic. Idk if anyone else agrees. I was waiting for someone to naively bite on that... :lol:

Why is explaining each point clearly and calmly towny? I find it a matter of playstyle on how they play. I am curious as to why you find that alignment-indicative.

I want reactions like these. Yes, we shouldn't be naive to only look at the people who are "attacking us". If someone keeps agreeing and copying our words, that's suspicious.

Return to “The Road to Rome [Newbie Games]”