Mafia Scum
DeltaWave
she/her/hers
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum
Pronoun: she/her/hers

Post Post #1375 (ISO) » Thu May 21, 2015 4:16 pm

Post by DeltaWave »

I'm about 50% of the way through this game.
When there's trouble, you call DW.

"For pure will, unassuaged of purpose, delivered from the lust of result, is every way perfect."
Drixx
Drixx
Jack of All Trades
Drixx
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #1376 (ISO) » Thu May 21, 2015 4:23 pm

Post by Drixx »

In post 1375, DeltaWave wrote:I'm about 50% of the way through this game.

I'm a little further caught up myself. I swear every time I refresh it's even further along.
Get to know a Drixx - Recently Updated!
dragonspawn
dragonspawn
Mafia Scum
dragonspawn
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #1377 (ISO) » Thu May 21, 2015 5:12 pm

Post by dragonspawn »

Prolapsed

concerning coaching:

why would Titus coach duck at all outside the scum chat if they were scum partners? And what do you mean by coaching?
Egg
Egg
Jack of All Trades
Egg
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #1378 (ISO) » Thu May 21, 2015 5:12 pm

Post by Egg »

In post 1365, Varsoon wrote:What kind of logic is that?
I think scum would -want- to lynch scum to earn townpoints for it and then during night they'd want to direct double-kills on town PRs.
Ideally. Right?

I agree with this. Titus is probably the only person I've seen argue that scum want other scum teams to stay alive.
Titus
Titus
She/her
Moon Walker
Titus
She/her
Moon Walker
Moon Walker
Pronoun: She/her

Post Post #1379 (ISO) » Thu May 21, 2015 5:21 pm

Post by Titus »

And I'm one of the better scumplayers on this site. I know my game theory. I may not be the most persuasive, and I may get frustrated when people play suboptimally, but I know the theory. I'll share with you my last multiball QT which should share this point quite well. Read post 49. Prior QT

The ideal is if the other scum teams kill each other off, that's more days where they have to survive to be lynched.

Titus's Rule 2: Count the bodies. How far is each side from its wincon?
Show
The scum had the misfortune of Titus being absurdly accurate on day one.Really quite impressed by that.~Drixx

You're letting Titus win the game by herself.Good luck now I guess.You have no chance to win.~Tywin

GTKTitus Part 2
Titus Academy

VLA Friday nights until Sunday morning.

All hail the Scum Empress!
Prolapsed Brain
Prolapsed Brain
Mafia Scum
Prolapsed Brain
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #1380 (ISO) » Thu May 21, 2015 5:42 pm

Post by Prolapsed Brain »

In post 1377, dragonspawn wrote:Prolapsed

concerning coaching:

why would Titus coach duck at all outside the scum chat if they were scum partners? And what do you mean by coaching?

See, I don't really know why she would, since there is daytalk. Like I said, I'm not assigning any alignment based on it, it just makes me feel oogy.

And by coaching, I mean the whole thing where Titus asked the questions of lala and gave guided instructions after. Sure, it got lala more into the game, and that's good, but overall, it still feels oogy.
I LOVE MAFIA

It keeps me from killing the folks I know in meatspace....
Titus
Titus
She/her
Moon Walker
Titus
She/her
Moon Walker
Moon Walker
Pronoun: She/her

Post Post #1381 (ISO) » Thu May 21, 2015 5:50 pm

Post by Titus »

Prolapse, I didn't give guided instructions. That's a misrep. I put forth questions with expectations. That's what everyone has done here. If someone feels that they cannot contribute, drawing them out let's people see who they are.
Show
The scum had the misfortune of Titus being absurdly accurate on day one.Really quite impressed by that.~Drixx

You're letting Titus win the game by herself.Good luck now I guess.You have no chance to win.~Tywin

GTKTitus Part 2
Titus Academy

VLA Friday nights until Sunday morning.

All hail the Scum Empress!
Egg
Egg
Jack of All Trades
Egg
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #1382 (ISO) » Thu May 21, 2015 6:07 pm

Post by Egg »

More than half of the game's deaths will happen at night. If you can eliminate all opposing NKs as scum, all you have to do is survive the lynches. You don't even have to worry about the night anymore at that point.
Prolapsed Brain
Prolapsed Brain
Mafia Scum
Prolapsed Brain
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #1383 (ISO) » Thu May 21, 2015 7:07 pm

Post by Prolapsed Brain »

In post 1274, Titus wrote:Now, Lala, I'm not suggesting any answer to you.

To be fair, you did say this. I suppose I glossed over it to the next part....

In post 1274, Titus wrote: Look at your reads, apply it to the gamestate.
I'll walk you through how.

The bolded. This is where I got "guided instruction." I hope you can see my reaction. I didn't mean to misrep you, just the "walk through" part really seemed ....mentor-ish, I guess.

In post 1274, Titus wrote:Look at where your major townreads are. Look at where your major scumreads are. Why? Would you want to follow your townread? How does that make you feel?

These also made me get the coaching vibe.

In post 1274, Titus wrote:Don't worry about being right, just type what your gut says right now.

And, again, to be fair, you ended like this, but I really was focusing on the middle parts of this post, not the beginning and the end.
I LOVE MAFIA

It keeps me from killing the folks I know in meatspace....
House
House
Survivor
House
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #1384 (ISO) » Thu May 21, 2015 9:18 pm

Post by House »

In post 1350, lalaladucks wrote:Wow. No one believes I'm town. This is dismal.
What are you guys gonna do when I flip town? Because I will.

I'm "no one"?

Really?
The apology that resulted in my indefinite ban:

https://tinyimg.io/i/ZX5Yjhw.png
House
House
Survivor
House
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #1385 (ISO) » Thu May 21, 2015 9:19 pm

Post by House »

In post 1354, dragonspawn wrote:How would you know ducks is a mislynch?

This kind of dumbassery is what makes me want to lynch you.

Even the scum don't know if a lynch is a mislynch.

lalaladucks
lalaladucks
a study in thread
lalaladucks
a study in thread
a study in thread

Post Post #1386 (ISO) » Thu May 21, 2015 9:24 pm

Post by lalaladucks »

In post 1384, House wrote:
I'm "no one"?

Really?

Figured your townread on me would've withered away with the tatters of my play~
:cool:
House
House
Survivor
House
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #1387 (ISO) » Thu May 21, 2015 9:27 pm

Post by House »

In post 1386, lalaladucks wrote:
In post 1384, House wrote:
I'm "no one"?

Really?

Figured your townread on me would've withered away with the tatters of my play~
:cool:

No. You're just newbtown that's overwhelmed in a large game that you're not prepared to play and having your posts manipulated by scum to become an easy d1 mislynch.

Quit with the pity party and find the scum on your wagon.

Aneninen
Aneninen
He
Very Important Pigeon
Aneninen
He
Very Important Pigeon
Very Important Pigeon
Pronoun: He

Post Post #1388 (ISO) » Thu May 21, 2015 9:32 pm

Post by Aneninen »

In post 1342, Egg wrote:Anen, I don't know how Prolapsed plays as town. My point was more that it's hard to say this is his scum meta without knowing his town meta and I suspect that some people may be doing that. Also, given his play so far, do you think it's more likely he faked a response to my question or that he was too lazy to read the rules?

Which question did you mean? ? His answer may have been fake. But, I think he's simply trying to to get involved in the game.

In post 1352, Titus wrote:Can we lynch Ozgin after you're done mislynching Lala for the scumteam? K. Thanks.

In post 1353, Titus wrote:*scumteams

Your logic is wrong here, Titus.
Firstly, it was I who revived the Lalala-wagon and I'm okay with an Ozgin-lynch too. I'm willing to re-join it if the Lalala-lynch doesn't work.
Secondly, I seriously doubt that the different scum factions would want and would be able to compromise on any lynch. They're thread to each other too.
Thirdly, I don't understand why you think that Lalala's town. As I said before, my case is much more than talking about colors. And others are scumreading her too. (If it were only me, it'd be a vanity wagon, wouldn't it?) The fact that she's a counter to Ozgin is not true in my opinion: see the first two points!

In post 1364, Titus wrote:
No one actually knows 100%. Yet, scum don't want to lynch scum in general. So the minute a decent case gets made against someone scummy, scum run.

You may be right here: scums can join any wagon after a viable case has been posted. Especially because of it's a Multiball. In this case, those are to be examined who jumped on the Lalala-wagon without good reasons. And the same goes for the Ozgin-wagon.

In post 1365, Varsoon wrote:
I think scum would -want- to lynch scum to earn townpoints for it and then during night they'd want to direct double-kills on town PRs.

Bad logic. In a multiball noone earns town credit for being on a scumlynch-wagon. Also, what would be the point of a double-kill?

In post 1370, Titus wrote:@SW, KPN is Kills Per Night. The higher the KPN generally speaking, the better it is for scum, particularly if scums aren't crosskilling each other. Given scums won't vote to lynch each other, I highly doubt they'll kill each other at night.

Given. That's the keyword.
We can't have any idea what the scum factions will do at Night. As a general thing, everything greatly depends on the PR they have – but we're definitely not talking about this right now.

In post 1372, Cheetory6 wrote:
I've played multiball as scum before. Sure, it might be bad to head a scumlynch because it draws attention, but it isn't bad to be on the wagon for a scumlynch.

Truth said. Generally speaking, it's much easier to avoid getting lyched than to avoid a Nightkill.

In post 1374, Prolapsed Brain wrote:
I am leaning toward Ozgin as scum, primarily due to sheeping Titus. She's batshit insane, yes, but a lot of the times she's
actually right.
I'll play the odds.
VOTE: Ozgin

See, Titus? That's what I was talking about in this post above. Regardless of Ozgin's alignment votes like this are very FoS in a Multiball.

In post 1379, Titus wrote:And I'm one of the better scumplayers on this site. I know my game theory. I may not be the most persuasive, and I may get frustrated when people play suboptimally, but I know the theory. I'll share with you my last multiball QT which should share this point quite well. Read post 49. Prior QT
The ideal is if the other scum teams kill each other off, that's more days where they have to survive to be lynched.
Titus's Rule 2: Count the bodies. How far is each side from its wincon?

Note: this is an interesting topic to talk about but it would be seriously OFF now.

In post 1382, Egg wrote:More than half of the game's deaths will happen at night. If you can eliminate all opposing NKs as scum, all you have to do is survive the lynches. You don't even have to worry about the night anymore at that point.

^^
That.
House
House
Survivor
House
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #1389 (ISO) » Thu May 21, 2015 10:00 pm

Post by House »

Anen, if you are town gtfo lala and recognize drowning newbtown when you see it.

Large games are a lot for new players to take in. Read her posts in context.

And that goes for the rest of you idiots jumping on the easiest excuse to vote, too. That kind of shit is what makes it so damned easy for scum.

Wake the hell up and get back to lynching scum.

Aneninen
Aneninen
He
Very Important Pigeon
Aneninen
He
Very Important Pigeon
Very Important Pigeon

Post Post #1390 (ISO) » Thu May 21, 2015 10:10 pm

Post by Aneninen »

Why are you so sure that she's not scum?
Also, I don't think she's newb. I've just checked it and she was (and is) in quite a couple of games before.
lalaladucks
lalaladucks
a study in thread
lalaladucks
a study in thread
a study in thread

Post Post #1391 (ISO) » Thu May 21, 2015 10:11 pm

Post by lalaladucks »

It consists of: dragonspawn, RadiantCowbells, Boonskiies, Aneninen, Ozgin, Varsoon

Varsoon: when he most recently voted me, he said he was, "disappointed with [my] return to the game, focus on anything but the game, and generally dispassionate approach." That's bollocks. Early on, he called me "low hanging fruit" and the first time he voted me he said I "need[ed] to be made accountable." Then he switched to the Ozgin wagon when my posts became "cogent, apologetic, and generally understandable." Although he insinuated that I'm a good candidate to be a Serial Killer based on that "method of survivalism." Which I found strange. Why mention the SK 423 posts in? I don't like what Varsoon's doing here. I mean, it might be a good idea to look up his past games if I ever have time, because occasionally he feels obvtown but other times I just feel like he's definitely scum. So, overall I'd say Varsoon is 50/50 scum or town, which is slightly scummier than null because null would be the proportion of scum:town.

Ozgin: wow, that vote for me was weak. "If Bookitty won't happen, then yeah, I can go for a [lala vote]" pssssssssh that's BS. I had thought he was town before. But this, this is ridiculous. I'm the biggest wagon other than him so he jumps over here because I said, "I don't know how to contribute." Ozgin, are you actually scum? Wtf mate. Eh, his vote on me sucks but I had a pretty good townread on him. So this will bump that down a couple notches. I think Ozgin is more likely to be scum than Varsoon, but less likely than...

Aneninen: lol, really wants me lynched.

just gonna finish up this post later because I'm almost falling asleep writing it.
House
House
Survivor
House
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #1392 (ISO) » Thu May 21, 2015 10:28 pm

Post by House »

In post 1390, Aneninen wrote:Why are you so sure that she's not scum?
Also, I don't think she's newb. I've just checked it and she was (and is) in quite a couple of games before.

Her oldest game is March 5th. This is May 22nd. That's 2.5 months.

if this was the only game she was in, I could see being critical. But this isn't the only other game she's in, so her play here looks to me like she simply jumped in over her head, not appreciating the nature of large games.

Now gtfo her wagon and lynch scum.

Aneninen
Aneninen
He
Very Important Pigeon
Aneninen
He
Very Important Pigeon
Very Important Pigeon

Post Post #1393 (ISO) » Thu May 21, 2015 10:31 pm

Post by Aneninen »

Will we sort her out later?
Varsoon
Varsoon
Scatman
Varsoon
Scatman
Scatman

Post Post #1394 (ISO) » Thu May 21, 2015 10:55 pm

Post by Varsoon »

@House: I'm not going to write off any player in a large game as 'newb'. That gives them a free ticket to ride. Play that's decidedly anti-town/scummy should be met with pressure and lynches. It doesn't matter who that comes from. I think you're either falling to an appeal to emotion or (more likely) you're using the situation to try to leverage more votes from the laladucks wagon onto your preferred lynch.

@Ducks: Early on, you were low-hanging fruit. When the game had only been online for two days, most players hadn't had a chance to post in the game and I had assumed you were a target because you were unable to produce much content and what you had produced wasn't transparently town. You came back to the game and apologized for not being around and seemed like you were going to make an effort towards figuring out the game, hunting scum, etc. I figured that was a good reaction to the pressure you were receiving earlier. However, after that, you disengaged with the game again, and the content you produced has been lackluster. It feels as though you were taking a backseat to all the noise of the Ozgin wagon and the Dragonspawn stuff going on.
What's wrong with considering the SK early on? I don't see what's inherently scummy about this. People've tried to misrep this moment as me 'hunting the SK' when that's hardly the case. It's awkward that you'd bring this back up. I was merely considering what sort of motivations you'd have to carry on play the way you have. Town doesn't need to be survivalistic in this setup. The SK does. More than likely, scumteam members also don't want to stick out as strong town voices because they want to avoid drawing a kill at night. I was simply making those observations aloud.

I think you're still an easy lynch considering your play, but now it feels like you're riding too much on that fact to try to avoid being lynched.
Varsoon
Varsoon
Scatman
Varsoon
Scatman
Scatman

Post Post #1395 (ISO) » Thu May 21, 2015 11:00 pm

Post by Varsoon »

House, your strong-arm play puts a really sour taste in my mouth, but you'll also very likely be sorted out overnight.
What I'm not sure of is why you're wagoning Ozgin.
I'd like you to elaborate on that.

@Ducks: If you'd like to have a dialogue, I'll be around.
Just ask me questions and I shall answer.
Your play (and reads) are very reactionary.
I'm wondering where that's coming from.
House
House
Survivor
House
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #1396 (ISO) » Thu May 21, 2015 11:06 pm

Post by House »

In post 1393, Aneninen wrote:Will we sort her out later?

When we have more to go by than whining about fluff, absolutely.

Give the duck a chance to adapt, is all I'm asking.

House
House
Survivor
House
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #1397 (ISO) » Thu May 21, 2015 11:09 pm

Post by House »

In post 1395, Varsoon wrote:House, your strong-arm play puts a really sour taste in my mouth, but you'll also very likely be sorted out overnight.
What I'm not sure of is why you're wagoning Ozgin.
I'd like you to elaborate on that.

That's an easy one.

I'm sheeping Titus because I'm completely disinterested in d1 of larges.

The only reason I care about the ducky wagon is because I hate seeing those I consider a friend get lynched over idiotic excuses.

And frankly, I don't give a damn what my play leaves in your mouth.

House
House
Survivor
House
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #1398 (ISO) » Thu May 21, 2015 11:11 pm

Post by House »

In post 1252, House wrote:Dear Titus,

VOTE: Ozgin

Sincerely,

House

How does this not convey the reason behind my vote?

Varsoon
Varsoon
Scatman
Varsoon
Scatman
Scatman

Post Post #1399 (ISO) » Thu May 21, 2015 11:14 pm

Post by Varsoon »

I was hoping you'd have something more than a sheep-vote at this point in the game.
And aw, don't act like you don't wanna share something sweet with me~<3

Return to “Completed Large Normal Games”