pablito
Mafia Scum
pablito
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #650 (ISO) » Fri May 22, 2015 4:08 am

Post by pablito »

In post 645, Lucky2u wrote:
In post 643, RedCoyote wrote:Jeanne and Lucky seem only interested in pestering for a shot to fulfill their vigilante fantasies.

That is kind of why I joined the game. It's surprisingly freeing. I can wait a few days while the player list is whittled down and not worry about being accused of lurking because what can anyone do about it? Shoot me? Goal accomplished. I can't lose.

A few days? Doubtful. Go earn your shot.

unvote enomis

VOTE: vonflare

In post 643, RedCoyote wrote:
Victor 613 wrote:Since you haven't said much on the subject since advocating shooting me, I assumed that perhaps you might some new thoughts on the matter.

I disagree with that statement, as Heartless has attested to (though Antihero put it much more harshly than I would've). Immediately after the shot, , , and were my big takeaways. I think I laid out pretty clearly that I no longer advocate a Heartless shot (as I have in the past), and in fact I've gone as far as to advocate suggest that Heartless, pablito, CB, Wanderer and myself all commit to not shooting one another this game. This is a far cry from my positions prior to Nacho shooting you and revealing you as town, as CB was my only huge townread and Heartless and Wanderer were in my sights.

The shots I would like to see at this very moment would be either enomis, Flubber, julien or PN.

I'm going to retract my previous call for a Jeanne shot. I no longer get the sense that she's scum, nor do I now think the scum came into this game with the strategy to have the goons actively bait for a shot. Jeanne and Lucky seem only interested in pestering for a shot to fulfill their vigilante fantasies. Jeanne especially I see no town or scum motivation behind her posts. Further, she may be replaced with someone useful soon, so I would recommend laying off of her until we see if that happens or not.

---

Flubber 618 wrote:From what I've read of your wallpost it looked like you had good points for heartless being scum and then rejected those to sheep nacho. From pablito's most recent post it looks like I missed something Nacho suggested that I'm going to have to ISO later to get back on track

Well, I encourage you to skim over my new position on shooting Heartless and give me a better argument than "if you can make a scum case then you should shoot them". This reads like all sorts of bad to me, Flubber. It reads like you're trying to unduly influence my shot. If you think Heartless is scum, then I encourage you to convince me (and others) that that's the case. I don't like your "behind-the-scenes" attempt at trying to tug at my consciousness and more or less whisper in my ear. strikes me as all sorts of slimy, even if it's out in the open.

Another thing, it reads like you know my alignment. I don't recall you ever making any big sweeping statements that you think I am so town that you know I would get the gun if ever shot....

I find it interesting that RC in 643 made a similar statement to CB back in #287 which won CB strong town-cred. I don't like that statement. That being said, I still have good feelings about RC so far.

Strongest town reads right now: Heartless, CB, RC, Feirei, wanderer

Strongest scum reads right now: Lucky, Maxwell, PN

Reads conditional upon seeing others flip: West9, Flubbernugget

People I don't want shot because it will torture them and maybe they will participate at some point in time: Lucky, millar, enomis, jeanne, Feirei

People I would like to see shot the most: vonflare, julien

I'd rather see vonflare shot than julien. Most of the action on vonflare was early in the game and therefore we would get truer reads on scum if vonflare flips mafia. momentum on julien's wagon seems to have come late D1 and early D2 - therefore I think it's more likely that scum could be on that more than town.
Sup, later.
vonflare
vonflare
doot
vonflare
doot
doot

Post Post #651 (ISO) » Fri May 22, 2015 4:28 am

Post by vonflare »

Who are you? Are you in this game?
THIS POST IS PROVIDED "AS IS", WITHOUT WARRANTY OF ANY KIND, EXPRESS OR IMPLIED, INCLUDING BUT NOT LIMITED TO THE WARRANTIES OF MERCHANTABILITY, FITNESS FOR A PARTICULAR PURPOSE AND NONINFRINGEMENT.
Perpetual Nonsense
Perpetual Nonsense
Mafia Scum
Perpetual Nonsense
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #652 (ISO) » Fri May 22, 2015 5:02 am

Post by Perpetual Nonsense »

WE are conversing right now. Transcript:

RedCoyote
julienvonwolfe
Feirei replaces deep-city-lights
West9
CB
We of the Collective are of one mind.
There is no Bert. There is no Gaiden.
There is only Us
Perpetual Nonsense
Perpetual Nonsense
Mafia Scum
Perpetual Nonsense
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #653 (ISO) » Fri May 22, 2015 5:06 am

In post 643, RedCoyote wrote:I think PN has started recently advocating a CB shot because maybe he thinks that will dissuade others from shooting him. However, in my mind, I'd kind of welcome PN attempting to shoot CB because it would remove an anti-town element and put the gun in good hands. That said, I'm happy with the gun in Victor's hands as well.

Are WE the only one who sees this as a scum slip?
There is only Us
RedCoyote
RedCoyote
Jack of All Trades
RedCoyote
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #654 (ISO) » Fri May 22, 2015 5:28 am

Post by RedCoyote »

I've made it very clear that I have a town read on CB. What's your point?
Wanderer-nl
Wanderer-nl
Mafia Scum
Wanderer-nl
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum
Location: The country with the many dykes because we are below sealevel (GMT +1)

Post Post #655 (ISO) » Fri May 22, 2015 7:04 am

Post by Wanderer-nl »

In post 653, Perpetual Nonsense wrote:
In post 643, RedCoyote wrote:I think PN has started recently advocating a CB shot because maybe he thinks that will dissuade others from shooting him. However, in my mind, I'd kind of welcome PN attempting to shoot CB because it would remove an anti-town element and put the gun in good hands. That said, I'm happy with the gun in Victor's hands as well.

I thought this could come from scum as much as town but after considering it more I decided that you, PN, are the anti-town element RC is talking about and he just meant that if you shot CB, the gun would move to CB and you would die. You're not really pro-town imo because of your lack of content.
Wanderer-nl
Wanderer-nl
Mafia Scum
Wanderer-nl
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum
Location: The country with the many dykes because we are below sealevel (GMT +1)

Post Post #656 (ISO) » Fri May 22, 2015 7:05 am

Post by Wanderer-nl »

I still want PN to answer RC's question of what his point was. Really curious what you (PN) thought what the slip was exactly.
Wanderer-nl
Wanderer-nl
Mafia Scum
Wanderer-nl
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #657 (ISO) » Fri May 22, 2015 7:06 am

Post by Wanderer-nl »

WAIT
Wanderer-nl
Wanderer-nl
Mafia Scum
Wanderer-nl
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #658 (ISO) » Fri May 22, 2015 7:06 am

Post by Wanderer-nl »

nvm
Wanderer-nl
Wanderer-nl
Mafia Scum
Wanderer-nl
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #659 (ISO) » Fri May 22, 2015 7:09 am

Post by Wanderer-nl »

I desperately want an enomis-flip right now.
Heartless
Heartless
Jack of All Trades
Heartless
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #660 (ISO) » Fri May 22, 2015 7:52 am

Post by Heartless »

In post 653, Perpetual Nonsense wrote:

Yes.

The overall suggestion RedCoyote is making here is that you (scum) are trying to discourage a gunbearer from risking giving you the gun by "scum reading" a universal town read. In an attempt to allay that fear, he's saying that it's no loss for you to suicide and give the gun to CB anyway. Therefore, there shouldn't be much of a deterrent to shooting you.

The shorthand assumption that he didn't spell out was that the scenario of you being town and dying by misfire is a hypothetical. That's not a scumslip.
Show
those who are Heartless
once cared so much

Best origin story ever told

TellTaleHeart and Antihero
MaxwellPuckett
MaxwellPuckett
Mafia Scum
MaxwellPuckett
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #661 (ISO) » Fri May 22, 2015 9:01 am

Post by MaxwellPuckett »

I agree that PN's read is full of shit, but I don't think it's because he wants to dissuade others from shooting him by looking like a terrible person to have a gun in his hands. I think he's just trying to look like he's thinking critically by shooting CB, who no one (except PN apparently) suspects. Basically I don't believe the plan is that complex, PN was just grasping for a read. So yeah, PN shot is great. Vonflare shot is still great.

After that, though, I don't think the lurkers should just be avoided. There's scum in there too, obviously.
One man's trash talk is another man's treasure talk.
Perpetual Nonsense
Perpetual Nonsense
Mafia Scum
Perpetual Nonsense
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #662 (ISO) » Fri May 22, 2015 11:26 am

In post 661, MaxwellPuckett wrote:Basically I don't believe the plan is that complex, PN was just grasping for a read.

Nuh-uh, bruh!

This is grasping for a read ------->

PN shot is not great because PN learned about health risks such as diabetes, and so on Christmas PN stopped drinking sugary drinks [college habits gone] and began eating wisely. Ergo, PN is very town and should live. Being town relies on making lifestyle-changing decisions and watching Dr. Oz with yo momma. The weather is also fabulous and dental appointments are fun, so WE are town. I plead my case.

That wasn't something WE posted on Facebook, because this support don't got one. :]

In post 654, RedCoyote wrote:I've made it very clear that I have a town read on CB. What's your point?

WE felt like You were fumbling trying to explain something that didn't need explaining.

In post 650, pablito wrote:People I would like to see shot the most: vonflare, julien

I don't understand what you are trying to clearly accomplish by advocating for two who are not your three 'strongest' scumreads to be shot.

In post 661, MaxwellPuckett wrote:I agree that PN's read is full of shit, but I don't think it's because he wants to dissuade others from shooting him by looking like a terrible person to have a gun in his hands.

Why is CB being townread, again? look below, where he doesn't clarify the good and the bad he sees in each player. Or why he reached the conclusions he reached. Posting style? That BS reason is not something I see town wanting to eventually review as a reason to "townread" US. I feel a weird tone in your post! Is it real or am I imagining things? :nerd:

In post 592, CB wrote:Scum:Enomis, Vonflare, Jeanne, Julien
Town:Wanderer, Pablito

-I have removed Perpetual Nonsense from my town list. I gave them a weak town read on their posting style but I don't think I can keep that read at this stage of the game. They need to start providing serious content.
-I have added Jeanne too much lurking and the posts she had made seem a bit off to me.
-I have added Julien. I kind of liked his opening posts but that catch up post 531 was really underwhelming to me. I don't like how he seemed very apathetic towards the game.
-I have added Pablito to my town list. He has pushed on people who he would never have pushed on if he were scum. (sheeping Nacho some here)

In post 625, West9 wrote:
In post 585, Perpetual Nonsense wrote:WE do hope that the person you want to be shot is on the left.
WE already know who WE will shoot if WE get the gun.

Who?

Other head believes PoE places CB as scum, along with the others listed. WE are definitely thinking OUR scumreads are leaning scum, based off more than PoE. The dreaded Gut reads! WE don't feel our reads are perfect or accurate, since with all the lurking there are interactions WE are not sure of. Plus, WE had to Rush to our explanations! Funniest thing of the day is Gaiden explaining how to spot Associative tells! That guy's got some BRAIN!

In post 626, Lucky2u wrote:I kind of like our gun bearer. He's a psycho.

You sir are doing a disservice to the word 'psycho.' Why are you massively buddying Victor with this post? I don't see extreme town motive in that!

In post 624, West9 wrote:Julian and PN would probably round out my shotlist. I liked Heartless' point on PN, and 531 is bad.

Following the crowd with the Von read first, and then US. I Do like that you initiated discussions with US earlier. But you have settled on the three 'Easiest' targets. All with considerable amount of pressure on them. No bueno!

I really should post more, but burned out :facepalm: Gaiden has been that shoulder to lean on, he has been in this
industry
business
game show
mafia world longer than OUR heads have been Collectively together.

In post 588, enomis wrote:The cat is you btw.

here kitty kitty!

In post 591, millar13 wrote:nacho did well for team green.
welp

?
In post 571, Wanderer-nl wrote:I would like an enomis-shot, I can get behind a Julien-shot too but I have to be honest, I didn't read up on Julien I just remember he looks scummy so call it sheeping for now, RC, not sure yet, I can see him as a scumpartner for enomis for some reason but that's mostly just gut. I'm behind a jeanne-shot and PN-shot as well, and while I'd like to find active scum first, we can't wait too long with shooting actual scum and give lurkers a free pass.

how has Enomis been more active than WE have? ISO is equally emppppppppty

In post 571, Wanderer-nl wrote:I'm scumreading you because you were scumreading me, questioning me, and then all of a sudden you didn't feel like talking about it with me anymore and then you just started calling me town without any explanation at all.

you find a read progressing as scummy? No bueno!

In post 571, Wanderer-nl wrote:Don't have a strong opinion on Heartless, but the way they come accross feels like they aren't bothered by how they're looking to other players and that seems town to me.

If you mean Their tone, I don't see gauging that alone as necessarily meaningful for reads.

WE feel like this head did every teeny bit of interaction needed to get back in the game. Well, every interaction with each player that WE feel like interacting with! Gaiden has good reasons for revealing things, but HE just never wants to explain them.
There is only Us
Perpetual Nonsense
Perpetual Nonsense
Mafia Scum
Perpetual Nonsense
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #663 (ISO) » Fri May 22, 2015 11:28 am

VOTE: West9

FOR GREATER JUSTICE!
There is only Us
West9
West9
Goon
West9
Goon
Goon

Post Post #664 (ISO) » Fri May 22, 2015 12:23 pm

Post by West9 »

In post 662, Perpetual Nonsense wrote:Why is CB being townread, again? look below, where he doesn't clarify the good and the bad he sees in each player.

Yes he does. That post is an update of a previous readslist () and everything that is different in this readlist is cleanly explained.

And if you think he's being townread for shitty reasons, that's fine, but how does that by itself turn into a scumread?

In post 662, Perpetual Nonsense wrote:Following the crowd with the Von read first, and then US. I Do like that you initiated discussions with US earlier. But you have settled on the three 'Easiest' targets. All with considerable amount of pressure on them. No bueno!

Buddy, the CROWD has been following ME on this Vonflare scumread, so I don't know what the fuck you're talking about. Nice try at a misrep, though.
And I'm not hiding the fact that those other scumreads started from me following the crowd. I like what the crowd has been saying regarding yourself and Julian.

In post 663, Perpetual Nonsense wrote:VOTE: West9

FOR GREATER JUSTICE!

So, now you'd shoot me instead of CB? That was fast.
Feirei
Feirei
Mafia Scum
Feirei
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #665 (ISO) » Fri May 22, 2015 12:31 pm

Post by Feirei »

PN's recent posts are shit.

Like really, why would I be shot if I'm being townread by half the damn playerlist?
I apologize if certain words are misspelled. My sister got too liberal with liquid drinks near the laptop.

~Current number of pre-ins for Fire vs Ice Mafia: 0/6~

You never know what you've got until it's gone.
You can call me Fei, Feirei, or Kari.
Heartless
Heartless
Jack of All Trades
Heartless
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #666 (ISO) » Fri May 22, 2015 1:25 pm

Post by Heartless »

I'd kind of like a reminder of why most of the game is currently fellating CB. The theorycrafting parts of his posts are really well written and ring all the right bells but when you dig into the meat of the reads, you see a lot of cookie-cutter stuff and not much outside-the-box thinking. and are perfect examples of what I'm talking about.
Show
those who are Heartless
once cared so much

Best origin story ever told

TellTaleHeart and Antihero
RedCoyote
RedCoyote
Jack of All Trades
RedCoyote
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #667 (ISO) » Fri May 22, 2015 3:09 pm

Post by RedCoyote »

In post 662, Perpetual Nonsense wrote:WE felt like You were fumbling trying to explain something that didn't need explaining.

Apparently it does as our gunbearer asked me straight up about my reads.
enomis
enomis
Mafia Scum
enomis
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #668 (ISO) » Fri May 22, 2015 4:20 pm

Post by enomis »

And our gunbearer is missing.
"you must prove more patient than a caterpillar, more willing to survive than a cockroach, and more stubborn than a leech - or you will definitely fail" - Counselor Rodriguez, the Star of Wisdom

Homertve: "Oh, and by the way, your tail is on fire."
RedCoyote
RedCoyote
Jack of All Trades
RedCoyote
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #669 (ISO) » Fri May 22, 2015 4:24 pm

Post by RedCoyote »

In post 648, enomis wrote:Hey.

Okay, okay, okay. enomis is cute, too...

...in a scummy kind of way. :D
julienvonwolfe
julienvonwolfe
Mafia Scum
julienvonwolfe
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #670 (ISO) » Fri May 22, 2015 4:43 pm

Post by julienvonwolfe »

In post 632, CB wrote:
In post 592, CB wrote:
-I have added Julien. I kind of liked his opening posts but that catch up post was really underwhelming to me. I don't like how he seemed very apathetic towards the game.

I have thought about this and I think I misspoke when I called that post apathetic. It is more of a feeling that he felt the need to appear to be putting out content that I find scummy.

With all due respect, that is bullshit. Is the optimum play now to wait around doing nothing until Victor decides to shoot someone?
julienvonwolfe
julienvonwolfe
Mafia Scum
julienvonwolfe
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #671 (ISO) » Fri May 22, 2015 4:56 pm

Post by julienvonwolfe »

In any event, if I were gunbearer right now, I would shoot: vonflare (I defended his early posting but am not getting a town feel from the slot at the moment), lucky (come on, he's got to be bluffing - shoot him already), with Jeanne as an outside bet.

I'm meh on these players, in order of wouldn't shoot to would shoot: PN (doesn't always make a lot of sense but seems genuine), Feirei, pablito, Wanderer (I think that my Day 1 reads were clearly a bit off), Flubber, enomis, CB.

I wouldn't shoot Heartless, Maxwell, or RC.

I think that's everybody. I can't work out how to use this dang macbook yet and so this isn't formatted beautifully.
julienvonwolfe
julienvonwolfe
Mafia Scum
julienvonwolfe
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #672 (ISO) » Fri May 22, 2015 4:58 pm

Post by julienvonwolfe »

Oh, West9 goes in the 'wouldn't shoot' category. Sorry for the triple post.
VictorDeAngelo
VictorDeAngelo
Mafia Scum
VictorDeAngelo
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #673 (ISO) » Fri May 22, 2015 7:35 pm

Post by VictorDeAngelo »

VictorDeAngelo shoots Pablito
vonflare
vonflare
doot
vonflare
doot
doot

Post Post #674 (ISO) » Sat May 23, 2015 12:51 am

Post by vonflare »

First to ask why
THIS POST IS PROVIDED "AS IS", WITHOUT WARRANTY OF ANY KIND, EXPRESS OR IMPLIED, INCLUDING BUT NOT LIMITED TO THE WARRANTIES OF MERCHANTABILITY, FITNESS FOR A PARTICULAR PURPOSE AND NONINFRINGEMENT.

Return to “Completed Open Games”