Newbie 1592: The Masquerade -- Game Over!

For Newbie Games, which have a set format and experienced moderators. Archived during the 2023 queue overhaul.
hayatoBL
hayatoBL
Mafia Scum
hayatoBL
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #675 (ISO) » Fri May 22, 2015 12:51 pm

Post by hayatoBL »

I've read up to page 16 and will put my thoughts out tomorrow.
insanity018
insanity018
Mafia Scum
insanity018
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #676 (ISO) » Fri May 22, 2015 1:01 pm

Post by insanity018 »

Votecount 4.7

Not Voting
(3): Ilhom, juckter, hayatoBL

With 3 alive, it takes 2 to lynch.

Deadline
: (expired on 2015-05-30 09:00:00)
juckter
juckter
Goon
juckter
Goon
Goon

Post Post #677 (ISO) » Fri May 22, 2015 1:03 pm

Post by juckter »

I understand why you find it suspicious, though that was not the reason I voted. I saw the sudden wagon so I decided to play along to increase pressure.

Regarding your question, first online game, occasionally play(ed) IRL with some buddies.
hayatoBL
hayatoBL
Mafia Scum
hayatoBL
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #678 (ISO) » Fri May 22, 2015 9:22 pm

Post by hayatoBL »

In post 671, Ilhom wrote:A "bit" worried, I said. As the game was progressing around that point it was relatively slow, and as an IC I slowly started to feel uncomfortable with his lack of contributions. If it had gone another day or so I probably would have posted my concerns. If you look at the dates he lacked real content until April 6th, like 3 days after the game started. Him actually starting to do something is what triggered that post.

Didn't realized you've responded to this.

I'm starting to buy this. At least the part where him starting to do something is what triggered that post. Makes sense, BUT

In post 96, Ilhom wrote:Some Easter catch up
I haven't quite like Tatsuya's play either, as explained by earlier posts. No real content as of yet.
I'm also a bit disappointed Tetaes hasn't made his post yet. He seemed eager to do it but we still have nothing.
Current town read is Xayzeck. I like how he's actively poking around to everyone trying to add information to the game.

You can't deny you had the oppurtunity to express your dislike towards Nero play *here* in this post but didn't. I mean you did made a list of like and dislike, so I wonder why you didn't just bundle up one more of your dislike here.
hayatoBL
hayatoBL
Mafia Scum
hayatoBL
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #679 (ISO) » Fri May 22, 2015 9:30 pm

Post by hayatoBL »

In post 677, juckter wrote:I understand why you find it suspicious, though that was not the reason I voted. I saw the sudden wagon so I decided to play along to increase pressure.

In case you're town: you shouldn't do a reaction test like that. How am I supposed to know whether you were really trying to only look for reaction from the start or you just only claim to look for reaction after you got heat from other players?

Will post content in a few hours.
hayatoBL
hayatoBL
Mafia Scum
hayatoBL
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #680 (ISO) » Sat May 23, 2015 3:15 am

Post by hayatoBL »

Okay. More nonsense from me.

Page 9-16.

First off, I think Ilhom's case on Stab was very weak. I disagree with it but a weak case doesn't necessarily comes from scum. But I dislike how stubborn he was. Nero pointed out that Stab was the one preventing pist from hammering tet. Ilhom continued to argue that Nero's point helped his case since Stab introduced a time limit before the lynch should happen. I think that's a strech and a sign that Ilhom just want to sit on the wagon.

But then I thought to myself, "Why does scum stubbornly wants a specific player dead, when there are 4 other townies at the moment? Wouldn't this stubbornness means his town? A town who cares about who gets lynched, thus wants the right person to be lynched."

BUT

In post 255, Ilhom wrote:I agree with Xayzeck that it is very unlikely that there is no scum on the wagon to kill Tetaes. With Maxwell dead, that leaves me, Stabulous, and Futan. That means there is going to be a scum between Stabulous and Futan.

In post 255, Ilhom wrote:I don't see any of Futan's play as scummy.

Before all that stubbornness, Ilhom said he believed that there is scum between Stab and Futan because of Tet's wagon. And he saw nothing about Futan's play, which is scummy. So, releasing his grip on Stab would mean he has to take back his opinion and beliefs from before...something I can definitely see scum-Ilhom does not want to do, and so instead try his best to keep his vote on Stab.

One may argue, why would his own scum partner, Nero reveal his own mistake. Possibly, Nero thinks Ilhom can get away with it or perhaps Nero thinks he might as well be the one who point that out.
hayatoBL
hayatoBL
Mafia Scum
hayatoBL
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #681 (ISO) » Sat May 23, 2015 3:20 am

Post by hayatoBL »

I also dislike the fact that Ilhom could have presented that case on Stab on Day1 but chose only to talk about it on Day2. Well, that Tet wagon was happening, so there's no need for scum-Ilhom to come out with a new case. Might as well present that case tomorrow. A theory....
hayatoBL
hayatoBL
Mafia Scum
hayatoBL
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #682 (ISO) » Sat May 23, 2015 3:29 am

Post by hayatoBL »

And then there's this:

In post 344, Ilhom wrote:322 talks about pistachi0n wanting to hammer, I just see most of her play as scared new town play.

In post 386, Ilhom wrote:If Xayzeck and juckter both vote for pistachi0n, I will hammer.

Ilhom used the first post to justify why he has only suspicion towards Stab but not pist. But suddenly in a world where Stab is town(post ), pistachi0n is not a scared new town anymore?
hayatoBL
hayatoBL
Mafia Scum
hayatoBL
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #683 (ISO) » Sat May 23, 2015 3:36 am

Post by hayatoBL »

tbh, I am feeling rather confident about scum-ilhom right now. So if you're town ilhom, we're in trouble. If you can do something about it, please do.

Sure i'll continue reading and investigating. But let's say if I were there in D2, I would have chosen to lynch Ilhom.
hayatoBL
hayatoBL
Mafia Scum
hayatoBL
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #684 (ISO) » Sat May 23, 2015 4:24 am

Post by hayatoBL »

Sorry, I'll take back my statement about being confident. Since I'm going to read all of them, might as well keep an open mind.

In post 351, juckter wrote:Ilhom - Null, I don't like your Stab case, seems nonsensical to me. Please explain it like I'm 5.

1. Which part of Ilhom's case seemed nonsensical to you? This is strange considering, you also thought Stab was scummy initally for the same reason Ilhom did.

In post 305, juckter wrote:After reading Stab's defense, I think it holds up, liking him again.

2. Which part of Stab's defense which made you like him again.
hayatoBL
hayatoBL
Mafia Scum
hayatoBL
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #685 (ISO) » Sat May 23, 2015 4:29 am

Post by hayatoBL »

Between page 9-16, there is little content from juckter, making him harder to read.
Ilhom
Ilhom
Goon
Ilhom
Goon
Goon

Post Post #686 (ISO) » Sat May 23, 2015 10:22 am

Post by Ilhom »

In post 678, hayatoBL wrote:
You can't deny you had the oppurtunity to express your dislike towards Nero play *here* in this post but didn't. I mean you did made a list of like and dislike, so I wonder why you didn't just bundle up one more of your dislike here.

Why would I express that dislike when that post was 27 hours previous from my other? At that particular moment it was just like the slightest suspicion and it held no weight. Plus, me not saying anything could mean he could continue doing nothing substantial which I could call out for later. Nero decided to start doing some townie things with no prompt, which I liked. You criticized me for warning potential scum of a trap. That I considered a trap.
Ilhom
Ilhom
Goon
Ilhom
Goon
Goon

Post Post #687 (ISO) » Sat May 23, 2015 10:28 am

Post by Ilhom »

In post 680, hayatoBL wrote:Okay. More nonsense from me.

Page 9-16.

First off, I think Ilhom's case on Stab was very weak. I disagree with it but a weak case doesn't necessarily comes from scum. But I dislike how stubborn he was. Nero pointed out that Stab was the one preventing pist from hammering tet. Ilhom continued to argue that Nero's point helped his case since Stab introduced a time limit before the lynch should happen. I think that's a strech and a sign that Ilhom just want to sit on the wagon.

But then I thought to myself, "Why does scum stubbornly wants a specific player dead, when there are 4 other townies at the moment? Wouldn't this stubbornness means his town? A town who cares about who gets lynched, thus wants the right person to be lynched."

BUT

In post 255, Ilhom wrote:I agree with Xayzeck that it is very unlikely that there is no scum on the wagon to kill Tetaes. With Maxwell dead, that leaves me, Stabulous, and Futan. That means there is going to be a scum between Stabulous and Futan.

In post 255, Ilhom wrote:I don't see any of Futan's play as scummy.

Before all that stubbornness, Ilhom said he believed that there is scum between Stab and Futan because of Tet's wagon. And he saw nothing about Futan's play, which is scummy. So, releasing his grip on Stab would mean he has to take back his opinion and beliefs from before...something I can definitely see scum-Ilhom does not want to do, and so instead try his best to keep his vote on Stab.

One may argue, why would his own scum partner, Nero reveal his own mistake. Possibly, Nero thinks Ilhom can get away with it or perhaps Nero thinks he might as well be the one who point that out.

You kidding me? You're calling me stubborn? Nero tried to misrepresent and could not comprehend my posts, which is now blatantly obvious since he was scum as shit. The only other person who actually tried to defend Stabulous was himself. His own defense was weak, and even Futan made a poke about him waiting 22 hours before posting. There was nothing substantial to make me think otherwise until Stabulous flipped on Nero, which is in the later pages. I even did take back my beliefs that there had to be scum on the Tet wagon, which is something that occurs later too. I want you to reevaluate this later
Ilhom
Ilhom
Goon
Ilhom
Goon
Goon

Post Post #688 (ISO) » Sat May 23, 2015 10:35 am

Post by Ilhom »

In post 681, hayatoBL wrote:I also dislike the fact that Ilhom could have presented that case on Stab on Day1 but chose only to talk about it on Day2. Well, that Tet wagon was happening, so there's no need for scum-Ilhom to come out with a new case. Might as well present that case tomorrow. A theory....

Because it wasn't something I caught immediately and I was more focused on people calling my "slip" with Megalo scummy because it was a BS reason. Trying to paint scum on me with such a trite reason, so it made me start thinking about the people who said it, one of which is actually juckter. When Tetaes flipped town I began reevaluating the game and that's when I caught it.
Ilhom
Ilhom
Goon
Ilhom
Goon
Goon

Post Post #689 (ISO) » Sat May 23, 2015 10:49 am

Post by Ilhom »

In post 682, hayatoBL wrote:And then there's this:

In post 344, Ilhom wrote:322 talks about pistachi0n wanting to hammer, I just see most of her play as scared new town play.

In post 386, Ilhom wrote:If Xayzeck and juckter both vote for pistachi0n, I will hammer.

Ilhom used the first post to justify why he has only suspicion towards Stab but not pist. But suddenly in a world where Stab is town(post ), pistachi0n is not a scared new town anymore?

You read into this so wrong.
Stabulous and pistachi0n we're not mafia partners due how she went on the Stab wagon and Stab deflected back onto her. So if Stab flipped town, pistachi0n was possible scum because the town reads on juckter and Xayzeck were much stronger than what she had done. I even said they both haven't done anything inherently scummy. Stab flipping town was like my "what if I'm wrong" scenario, and she was left in the POE of scum.
Ilhom
Ilhom
Goon
Ilhom
Goon
Goon

Post Post #690 (ISO) » Sat May 23, 2015 10:51 am

Post by Ilhom »

In post 683, hayatoBL wrote:tbh, I am feeling rather confident about scum-ilhom right now. So if you're town ilhom, we're in trouble. If you can do something about it, please do.

Sure i'll continue reading and investigating. But let's say if I were there in D2, I would have chosen to lynch Ilhom.

Or you know, you saw juckter saying it could be more likely that I am the scum so you start tunneling on me.
hayatoBL
hayatoBL
Mafia Scum
hayatoBL
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #691 (ISO) » Sat May 23, 2015 11:35 am

Post by hayatoBL »

In post 686, Ilhom wrote:Why would I express that dislike when that post was 27 hours previous from my other? At that particular moment it was just like the slightest suspicion and it held no weight. Plus, me not saying anything could mean he could continue doing nothing substantial which I could call out for later. Nero decided to start doing some townie things with no prompt, which I liked. You criticized me for warning potential scum of a trap. That I considered a trap.

I'm fine with this answer.

In post 687, Ilhom wrote:You kidding me? You're calling me stubborn? Nero tried to misrepresent and could not comprehend my posts, which is now blatantly obvious since he was scum as shit.

The thing is: if you're scum, it is possible that Nero made more sense than you did (since one of you must make more sense than the other by default). I think your case on stab made little sense, but I'm willing to go and read them again. It is after all decisive, whether I cast my vote on you or juckter.

In post 687, Ilhom wrote:The only other person who actually tried to defend Stabulous was himself. His own defense was weak, and even Futan made a poke about him waiting 22 hours before posting. There was nothing substantial to make me think otherwise until Stabulous flipped on Nero, which is in the later pages. I even did take back my beliefs that there had to be scum on the Tet wagon, which is something that occurs later too. I want you to reevaluate this later

I've read until page 25 and will write about it tomorrow.
hayatoBL
hayatoBL
Mafia Scum
hayatoBL
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #692 (ISO) » Sat May 23, 2015 12:04 pm

Post by hayatoBL »

In post 688, Ilhom wrote:Because it wasn't something I caught immediately and I was more focused on people calling my "slip" with Megalo scummy because it was a BS reason. Trying to paint scum on me with such a trite reason, so it made me start thinking about the people who said it, one of which is actually juckter. When Tetaes flipped town I began reevaluating the game and that's when I caught it.

Unfortunately, this doesn't clear my suspicion.

In post 689, Ilhom wrote:You read into this so wrong.
Stabulous and pistachi0n we're not mafia partners due how she went on the Stab wagon and Stab deflected back onto her. So if Stab flipped town, pistachi0n was possible scum because the town reads on juckter and Xayzeck were much stronger than what she had done. I even said they both haven't done anything inherently scummy. Stab flipping town was like my "what if I'm wrong" scenario, and she was left in the POE of scum.

I'll check this again.

In post 690, Ilhom wrote:Or you know, you saw juckter saying it could be more likely that I am the scum so you start tunneling on me.

Whoa there. If you're town, chill. I strongly suggest that you don't imply things you have no proof of. Unless you can prove I'm tunelling you?

I have finished reading and will give more of my thoughts tomorrow. And the day after that I'll probably vote.
hayatoBL
hayatoBL
Mafia Scum
hayatoBL
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #693 (ISO) » Sat May 23, 2015 12:10 pm

Post by hayatoBL »

Actually, there is a way you can prove that I'm tunelling you. If you can tell me what scum-tell did I missed while reading juckter. Because if there isn't any that I missed, then I had in fact read you both fairly and thus, proving your accusation false.
juckter
juckter
Goon
juckter
Goon
Goon

Post Post #694 (ISO) » Sat May 23, 2015 12:41 pm

Post by juckter »

In post 684, hayatoBL wrote:Sorry, I'll take back my statement about being confident. Since I'm going to read all of them, might as well keep an open mind.

In post 351, juckter wrote:Ilhom - Null, I don't like your Stab case, seems nonsensical to me. Please explain it like I'm 5.

1. Which part of Ilhom's case seemed nonsensical to you? This is strange considering, you also thought Stab was scummy initally for the same reason Ilhom did.

In post 305, juckter wrote:After reading Stab's defense, I think it holds up, liking him again.

2. Which part of Stab's defense which made you like him again.

Initially, I read Ilhom's and it made logical sense to me, I didn't remember Stab giving Tet a 24h frame and didn't realize that had happened until after reading the following posts. The only other argument against Stab was him wanting to lynch Tetaes, which I believe he addressed well enough in his , hence I stopped buying Ilhom's argument and I didn't have other reasons to dislike Stab.
insanity018
insanity018
Mafia Scum
insanity018
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #695 (ISO) » Sat May 23, 2015 12:56 pm

Post by insanity018 »

Votecount 4.8 (unchanged)

Not Voting
(3): Ilhom, juckter, hayatoBL

With 3 alive, it takes 2 to lynch.

Deadline
: (expired on 2015-05-30 09:00:00)
hayatoBL
hayatoBL
Mafia Scum
hayatoBL
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #696 (ISO) » Sat May 23, 2015 11:00 pm

Post by hayatoBL »

Well I'm done analysing. I'll write about it later today, so that Ilhom has the chance to defend himself. I also need to reread the part I promised I would read. Not really looking forward to that though, as I'm almost sure I'm going to vote for Ilhom.

Part of me just want to go YOLO and vote Ilhom right now, but in case I'm wrong, I would like to say "I've tried my best" so that 's probably out of the question.

Can we make an unofficial vote to choose who should cast the first vote? That way if we chose wrongly, there's still a chance that chosen Town votes a scum and we'll get a conf-Town.

If so, I would like Ilhom to vote first. Not now, but let's say in two days. Which means, we may have a conf-town in the last remaining days.
hayatoBL
hayatoBL
Mafia Scum
hayatoBL
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #697 (ISO) » Sun May 24, 2015 12:21 am

Post by hayatoBL »

In post 434, Ilhom wrote:I'm in the same boat as juckter. Not against Nero lynch but the POE I had earlier would make pistachi0n the optimal lynch if Stabulous is town which is something that seems more likely as of right now.

Juckter has probably addressed this already.

In my own words:

1. You had stab and pist in scum-pool because they were on tet's wagon.

2. You justified that stab is a better lynch. Among those justifications, you said pist looked like scared new town.

3. You're not against a Nero lynch.

4. You said If Stab is town, pist is the optimal lynch. Note: Stab wasn't known to be Town at that time. It's just clear that Stab's not going to be lynched. So, basically your reason to want a pist lynch was: "Stab is the optimal lynch. But we can't have his lynch so we'll have pist's lynch. (despite the fact she seemed like scared new town and despite the fact you're okay with a Nero lynch)". Begs the question, why not Nero over pist?

5. And then juckster ping-ed you on that.

6. Which you replied with:

In post 444, Ilhom wrote:I said it was a more likely scenario that pistachi0n was scum over him considering how Stabulous just flipped on Nero.

Why does Stab voting Nero decreases Stab's likelihood of him being scum?

You would answer this with:

In post 444, Ilhom wrote:I don't see him doing that to his partner (which I had from my POE) when Stabulous wasn't in real danger of being lynched at that point.

Nah. I don't buy this. This is what you're trying to sell: 1. Stab is scum. 2. His only possible partner was Nero by your POE. 3. Stab attacked Nero,and therefore have no other partner therefore is town.

I don't believe you trusted your POE more than you trusted your scum-read on Stab. I also don't believe, that you thought Nero and Stab bussing each other as scum-team is so unlikely that you were willing to discard your scum-read on stab.
hayatoBL
hayatoBL
Mafia Scum
hayatoBL
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #698 (ISO) » Sun May 24, 2015 12:24 am

Post by hayatoBL »

In post 444, Ilhom wrote:Pretty confident Nero is the lynch today.

What makes you confident in D3 which couldn't have made you confident in D2?
hayatoBL
hayatoBL
Mafia Scum
hayatoBL
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #699 (ISO) » Sun May 24, 2015 12:28 am

Post by hayatoBL »

Let me rephrase that question. If there's enough stuff in D2to make you confident that Nero is scum, why isn't it enough to vote for Nero over Pist which you had by POE?

Return to “The Road to Rome [Newbie Games]”