Newbie 1608: Snow Cones (Game Over)

For Newbie Games, which have a set format and experienced moderators. Archived during the 2023 queue overhaul.
Keyser Söze
Keyser Söze
Jack of All Trades
Keyser Söze
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #125 (ISO) » Fri May 22, 2015 8:59 am

Post by Keyser Söze »

I don't want you lynched Bulbazoorus. Where are you from mate?
Bulbazoor
Bulbazoor
Mafia Scum
Bulbazoor
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #126 (ISO) » Fri May 22, 2015 9:06 am

Post by Bulbazoor »

Im from the Us of pokelandia and hispanic
Bulbazoor
Bulbazoor
Mafia Scum
Bulbazoor
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #127 (ISO) » Fri May 22, 2015 10:02 am

Post by Bulbazoor »

I see everyone complains about my typing. I have good spelling actually. Its just that I am on an Ipad and it is harder to write on here.
enomis
enomis
Mafia Scum
enomis
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #128 (ISO) » Fri May 22, 2015 4:15 pm

Post by enomis »

@Keyer:

For the naive biter thing, did you realize my sentence was sarcastic too? Like i did not say "gg, you are scum for using i dk if i agree phrase".
So you naively biting on my sarcastic comment makes you scum?

And one more thing, i think if anyone bites on that stuff, i don't thing it is more likely for scum to do.

Tell me then, if you are town and you didn't know keyer was sarcastic, what would you do? You would question it?

This is why i concluded your reaction testing was pointless. It does not tell you anything about the person who bites on it.

I am figuring out whether you are scum trying to act like you are doing some real scum hunting or town clueless about doing reaction teting.

I don't understand why you keep harping on the L2 thing. Do you think he is going too get lynched on page 2-3 of the game?
To be frank, the point of my vote coupled with the weak reasons, was to build a wagon.

Tell me then, what is the scum motivation for putting people at L-2 on page 2 of the game.

-------------------------
And about bulba, at no point did i say that he was town.
I just asked you to stop analysing that sentence because i think it will give no further results. It's that simple. And you spin it into some complicated stuff.
How would i gain town credit for that?

--------------------------
About focusing under heat, i find it more effective to attack one person at a time while taking notes of what other people post. It is hard to interact with everyone at the same time. It is my playstyle.

Now i am figuring out is it your playstyle of overanalysing things or you are trying to potray me as scum.

-----------------
I still don't understand post 73 and 74. your summary doesn't help me get into your thought process.
"you must prove more patient than a caterpillar, more willing to survive than a cockroach, and more stubborn than a leech - or you will definitely fail" - Counselor Rodriguez, the Star of Wisdom

Homertve: "Oh, and by the way, your tail is on fire."
GuyInFreezer
GuyInFreezer
Magical Girl
GuyInFreezer
Magical Girl
Magical Girl

Post Post #129 (ISO) » Fri May 22, 2015 4:20 pm

Post by GuyInFreezer »

votecount 1.04
Bulbazoor (1):
Rosen
Rosen (1):
Reubus Swagrid (SE)
Reubus Swagrid (1):
enomis (IC)
Keyser Söze (1):
superbowl9
Fraggernaut (1):
Mantisdreamz (SE)
enomis (1):
Keyser Söze

Not Voting:
MiteyMouse (SE), Fraggernaut, Bulbazoor

With 9 alive, 5 to lynch

The deadline is June 1st, 9:50 PM EST.
Countdown:
(expired on 2015-06-01 21:50:00)

In post 107, Reubus Swagrid wrote:@GIF
Requesting replacement for Mantisdreamz

One won't be force replaced until one fails to respond to prod or be prodded multiple times.
Prods are being handed as soon as possible even if I fail to post the public notice of being prodded.
Show
"I used to think you had this elegant-trolly, minimalist playstyle. Then I realized the playstyle is ~Lazy~
The true enlightenment was realizing that they are the same thing."
~fferyllt

"who the fuck fakeclaims Tracker like that
WHO THE FUCK DOES THAT"
~Alisae
Rosen
Rosen
Townie
Rosen
Townie
Townie

Post Post #130 (ISO) » Fri May 22, 2015 7:03 pm

Post by Rosen »

Bulb, did you miss my post #108?
Keyser Söze
Keyser Söze
Jack of All Trades
Keyser Söze
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #131 (ISO) » Fri May 22, 2015 10:34 pm

Post by Keyser Söze »

enomis, I respect the effort you put into reacting and writing that long post. Nobody has flagged any of your posts since I voted for you which works in your favour (bulba hinted at voting for you though :mrgreen: ). So far you've only had a history of responding to people.
E.g @super, @Rosen, @keyser, @fragg...

Please could you engage the interaction though, especially towards the people who aren't looking at you.

Mightymouse: "Question: what is everyone's mafia experience? A number of you seem to have a good grasp of the game and I'm [curious]'' - are mafia wondering which experienced players to NK? :P
Fraggernaut
Fraggernaut
Mafia Scum
Fraggernaut
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #132 (ISO) » Sat May 23, 2015 12:28 am

Post by Fraggernaut »

@Bulb It just seems like a weird play to soft this early in the game, then deny you softed. If you softed then you softed. Call it a reaction test or whatever you want, it just appeared scummy to me. It wasn't the fact that you softed, it was your reply afterwords.
MiteyMouse
MiteyMouse
He's too nICe
MiteyMouse
He's too nICe
He's too nICe

Post Post #133 (ISO) » Sat May 23, 2015 1:39 am

Post by MiteyMouse »

Morning everyone!
Keyser, I was wondering how much experience everyone had because some of you appear to have experience, so I was curious.

Superbowl...you may be the first person ever to say that I'm logical!! I also say we give him a little break for only having a few reads this early on. We have oodles of time for us all to get better reads.

Rosen first off, are you a he or a she. I don't want to call you the wrong thing.

I don't like the soft claims this early. I also hate that they have drawn attention. If you are a power role, don't claim...even a soft claim at this point. We need you hidden from the Scum.

Keyser, do you believe that naive biters could be Town as well? I agree with you that things may seem pointless at this stage but, may be useful. Everything that gets people posting is useful.

Mantis, I would love to hear more from you. Anything more really. Why did you vote Frag as an example. I don't like naked votes.
The more I see, the less I know
The more I'd like to let it go.
Keyser Söze
Keyser Söze
Jack of All Trades
Keyser Söze
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #134 (ISO) » Sat May 23, 2015 2:42 am

Post by Keyser Söze »

I like null-read naked vote lurkers because they're a policy lynch if they don't contribute later. Mantis' plan is to glide into D2, let her :lol: It goes against my personal pro-town philosophy though, because if she's town and gets NK'D we have NOTHING to go on, for D2.

@miteyMouse, depends on the intensity of the bite.

RE: bulb's ambiguous roleclaim, it should at least buy him one day - I don't think he should be lynch material for D1. As long as he can live up to that promise later.

So far, Mantis and Bulbazoor have given me reasons to NOT lynch them for D1 [whether they were they did it intentionally OR unintentionally will decide whether it was PRO-TOWN or ANTI-TOWN].
superbowl9
superbowl9
Mafia Scum
superbowl9
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #135 (ISO) » Sat May 23, 2015 7:50 am

Post by superbowl9 »

Well okay I gotta catch up so Ima just do a rosen-style review thingy here.

: True, but I don't really have much else to base a read off of ATM, so it's just my gut. My reads aren't very stable right now; they're very susceptible to change.
My take on keyser over-analyzing bulba is that bulba's play is not making any sense. Considering the fact that this is a newbie game, it's pretty clear why that is. Laying the seeds for a wagon? He can barely even type! Bulba is someone who doesn't appear to have a good grasp of the game, I think, and that's why I think keyser's over-analyzing him.

: Well, that's certainly a trashy move from the SE. Not posting then coming in with a random vote on someone? If you can't participate replace out or go V/LA. How darude.

: ABR is a player on mafiascum.

:I agree that there's pointless reaction testing. Why do you think scum is more likely to use textbook, enomis?

:"I've already voted, unvoted, and clearly spoken about my scum/town reads (there are only two I have no reads on)."
Proceeds to post 3-person read list

(time travel): I don't see how enomis is speaking from scum perspective; his statement says that he could see a player who is town performing a certain action; you can be town and comment on what you think other town would or wouldn't do. I also don't think you answered his question at the end, and what do you mean by "I want reactions like these"? Are you looking for a specific type of reaction?

: This is a WIFOM, isn't it? Also you're guilty of naked voting here too, not something I'm too keen on.

: Really? Because he reads you town means you read him town? That's what this seems like to me, and if that is what it is, I suggest you re-evaluate that position, because if scum knows that's all they have to do to get you off their case, they'll just do it every time.

:I still think you're analyzing bulba too much with too little info to do it with.

: Yeah, a little late on that one keysey...

: Hey look a reads list more developed than keyser's
I think it's pretty safe to assume that the soft was real at this point. I don't think we're going to lynch you (I don't think a lot of people want to put votes on you ATM), and I don't recall Rosen saying you were scummy.

: Can't tell if sarcastic or not at the end. I'd like to say the same of Rosen; I'd like to see more scum hunting from you instead of just defense from bulba.

: Lol we have the same thought about Rosen. I disagree that everything that gets people posting is helpful. This basically boils down to whether or not you are in favor of RQS, as that's pretty much the purest form of getting other people to post in any way you can. Actually I'm pretty sure Keyser would agree with me on this (), so that's not a point in his favor.

: So you like them but you don't like them? You enjoy policy lynches? How does the intensity of the reaction make any difference?
Mantisdreamz
Mantisdreamz
Mafia Scum
Mantisdreamz
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #136 (ISO) » Sat May 23, 2015 10:13 am

Post by Mantisdreamz »

In post 133, MiteyMouse wrote:
Mantis, I would love to hear more from you. Anything more really. Why did you vote Frag as an example. I don't like naked votes.

hi miteymouse,

first off - i apologize to everyone for my lack of posting.. i plan on catching up fully tonight, and then giving some substantial thoughts.

the reason why i voted frag was after a skim, i thought he might have been *overly* playing the noob card. and whilst most are new to the game, it should not be used as an excuse.

the naked vote was to get reactions from him. or others even.

i know that naked votes are annoying... but when you do do them, and they happen to hit scum, it's always interesting to see what the reaction is.
Mantisdreamz
Mantisdreamz
Mafia Scum
Mantisdreamz
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #137 (ISO) » Sat May 23, 2015 10:15 am

Post by Mantisdreamz »

hey superbowl, no pm's this time :lol: ;)

my bf told me what happened on that one game :P
Keyser Söze
Keyser Söze
Jack of All Trades
Keyser Söze
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #138 (ISO) » Sat May 23, 2015 10:20 am

Post by Keyser Söze »

...yeah, stopped looking and 'over-analysing' on Bulbazoor now. I'd be careful which of his buttons you press too.

Note to Bulbazoor: this doesn't mean I've given you a free pass amigo. It means when the time comes to honour your promise you better deliver, otherwise I'll be the one tightening the noose around your neck :twisted: You unvoted Rosen to allow yourself
'more time to scumhunt'
. Honouring this promise is particularly important for D1, as you've already put a big target on your head for the scum :wink:

In post 107, Reubus Swagrid wrote:@Mitey & Enomis
Do you have any reads as of yet?

@GIF
Requesting replacement for Mantisdreamz

This is very pro-town of you mate:
1) Encouraging reads from other players
2) Requesting a replacement for (formerly) missing-in-action Mantis
Keyser Söze
Keyser Söze
Jack of All Trades
Keyser Söze
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #139 (ISO) » Sat May 23, 2015 10:31 am

Post by Keyser Söze »

In post 136, Mantisdreamz wrote:first off - i apologize to everyone for my lack of posting.. i plan on catching up fully tonight, and then giving some substantial thoughts.

the reason why i voted frag was after a skim, i thought he might have been *overly* playing the noob card. and whilst most are new to the game, it should not be used as an excuse.

i know that naked votes are annoying... but when you do do them, and they happen to hit scum, it's always interesting to see what the reaction is.

Apology accepted.
I knew you'd be too experienced to let yourself be policy lynched like that :wink:

Yeah, I was guilty of going pretty hard on Fraggs at the beginning for playing the 'n00b card', but then took a step back to read through his posts as a beginner. I liked his and Super's vote on me, as it rules out 1 or both of them being the mafia. I have never seen 2 mafia jump on the same person at the same time on D1.
superbowl9
superbowl9
Mafia Scum
superbowl9
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #140 (ISO) » Sat May 23, 2015 11:09 am

Post by superbowl9 »

@mantis yup I learned my lesson. Who's your bf? Also what do you mean being a noob shouldn't be used as an excuse? Sometimes it's actually what's going on.
@mods/ses I can talk about previous games if they've ended, correct?
Just want to make sure.
Fraggernaut
Fraggernaut
Mafia Scum
Fraggernaut
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #141 (ISO) » Sat May 23, 2015 1:04 pm

Post by Fraggernaut »

superbowl9 wrote:
: Really? Because he reads you town means you read him town? That's what this seems like to me, and if that is what it is, I suggest you re-evaluate that position, because if scum knows that's all they have to do to get you off their case, they'll just do it every time.

I didn't read him town just because he read me town. I'm reading Keyser town right now cause he's actively trying to figure this game out. He's been consistently pushing to get information from everyone. I'll reassess my reads as time progresses. As I stated earlier I could be wrong & could be getting pocketed by him. As a new player I understand what you are saying though about how scum wouuld view that.

Mantisdreamz wrote:

Which reactions did you garner from this? Was it the reactions you were expecting?

I'm new, don't know what else to say on that one. Not trying to make excuses, just trying to learn the game.
Mantisdreamz
Mantisdreamz
Mafia Scum
Mantisdreamz
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #142 (ISO) » Sat May 23, 2015 1:21 pm

Post by Mantisdreamz »

^i will tell you when i've read everything :]
Mantisdreamz
Mantisdreamz
Mafia Scum
Mantisdreamz
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #143 (ISO) » Sat May 23, 2015 1:57 pm

Post by Mantisdreamz »

In post 23, Keyser Söze wrote:Yea, I wasn't bothered about TZ's either - only that they are active.

In post 21, Reubus Swagrid wrote:This could be applied to countless instances across the site but this is a fairly weak reason in itself. Would you say that trying to fit in is more often than not a scum based motive? Hardly indicative imo

Pedit: I have never played with anyone in the thread other than MiteyMouse and our mod.

"trying to fit in" - I believe more scum-aligned indicative:
conforming

But even I'm guilty of that! :oops:

I took part in the RVS, something which I personally hate :shifty: But two factors changed my opinion. 1) 2 week deadline 2) different website, different rules.

sorry if answered already, but why do you hate RVS? how many times have you played..? it seems you have played enough to realize enough that you dislike RVS
Mantisdreamz
Mantisdreamz
Mafia Scum
Mantisdreamz
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #144 (ISO) » Sat May 23, 2015 1:59 pm

Post by Mantisdreamz »

In post 31, enomis wrote:@Rosen:

RQS vs RVS is mainly a trend thing. But i feel that RQS is useless. I copied paste something which reflects my thoughts:
Spoiler: Albert B Rampage
This is my personal opinion. Votes generate pressure, pressure generates real information. Random questions generate misunderstandings, bias, and irrelevence, more times than not. I recommend not trying anything fancy in your first game. I'd like you to get a solid experience for your first game, especially if we can get a decent start. Random votes, competing bandwagons, these things will show you the pacing of the game, how you feel when you're voted arbitrarily or for bad reasons, how defensive you get, if you're prone to OMGUS, what your playstyle is. Are you patient and analytical, or agressive and intuitive? Do you post walls or are you concise? How do you present somebody as scum and convince everyone to follow your vote? They are interesting starting points, but not everyone can get an emotional investment from forum mafia.

VOTE: Reubus Swagrid
In post 21, Reubus Swagrid wrote:No, I just don't really care about other peoples TZ but on the chance that these people likely care about my TZ if they cared enough about theirs to post it I'll post mine. To me TZ doesn't seem relevant, I post when I post, as does everyone else.

This sentence Seems insincere.

In post 21, Reubus Swagrid wrote:This could be applied to countless instances across the site but this is a fairly weak reason in itself. Would you say that trying to fit in is more often than not a scum based motive? Hardly indicative imo

This defense looks a bit scummy to me.

i agree to an extent re reubus.

why is ABR being mentioned?
Mantisdreamz
Mantisdreamz
Mafia Scum
Mantisdreamz
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #145 (ISO) » Sat May 23, 2015 2:04 pm

Post by Mantisdreamz »

In post 38, Keyser Söze wrote:
In post 37, enomis wrote:
DO YOU THINK
it's real or forced?

At the moment... real. I think it's too late for him to say it was reaction-testing :mrgreen: But admittedly, a better response from him the second time round.

In post 37, enomis wrote:Let's say i am a newbie scum joining in. Why would i need to lay a seed for a wagon on some random dude page 2 of the game. It totally doesn't make sense you see.

Interesting use of the phrase: '
'random dude
''. Your 'newbie scum' would already know who is town-aligned and who is not, so not so 'random' afterall! I'm not dropping this now :P

well,

i think keyser is town
Mantisdreamz
Mantisdreamz
Mafia Scum
Mantisdreamz
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #146 (ISO) » Sat May 23, 2015 2:09 pm

Post by Mantisdreamz »

In post 41, Reubus Swagrid wrote:
In post 31, enomis wrote:@Rosen:

RQS vs RVS is mainly a trend thing. But i feel that RQS is useless. I copied paste something which reflects my thoughts:
Spoiler: Albert B Rampage
This is my personal opinion. Votes generate pressure, pressure generates real information. Random questions generate misunderstandings, bias, and irrelevence, more times than not. I recommend not trying anything fancy in your first game. I'd like you to get a solid experience for your first game, especially if we can get a decent start. Random votes, competing bandwagons, these things will show you the pacing of the game, how you feel when you're voted arbitrarily or for bad reasons, how defensive you get, if you're prone to OMGUS, what your playstyle is. Are you patient and analytical, or agressive and intuitive? Do you post walls or are you concise? How do you present somebody as scum and convince everyone to follow your vote? They are interesting starting points, but not everyone can get an emotional investment from forum mafia.

VOTE: Reubus Swagrid
In post 21, Reubus Swagrid wrote:No, I just don't really care about other peoples TZ but on the chance that these people likely care about my TZ if they cared enough about theirs to post it I'll post mine. To me TZ doesn't seem relevant, I post when I post, as does everyone else.

This sentence Seems insincere.

This defense looks a bit scummy to me.

Does being insincere have connotations with being scummy? What particularly do you find a bit scummy in my post?

just to answer to this... even though it's not directed at me. being insincere definitely indicates scumminess. why would you ask the first sentence? you must know yourself, that insincerity doesn't really indicate towniness... unless you're going rogue and doing some gambit that you thinks better the town...
Mantisdreamz
Mantisdreamz
Mafia Scum
Mantisdreamz
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #147 (ISO) » Sat May 23, 2015 2:10 pm

Post by Mantisdreamz »

In post 42, Rosen wrote:

Fragger 16: Why did you opt to not answer the ice cream question initially?

lol!

he must be scum then!
Mantisdreamz
Mantisdreamz
Mafia Scum
Mantisdreamz
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #148 (ISO) » Sat May 23, 2015 2:18 pm

Post by Mantisdreamz »

In post 54, Keyser Söze wrote:@Fragg, is there a reason why you sound like a mafia newb in posts 39/43, but then a seasoned scumhunting pro by post 51?

I had to look back if you were the same person :P quick learner eh? :!:

yes, a good observation
Mantisdreamz
Mantisdreamz
Mafia Scum
Mantisdreamz
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #149 (ISO) » Sat May 23, 2015 3:27 pm

Post by Mantisdreamz »

In post 55, Bulbazoor wrote:
In post 32, Keyser Söze wrote:enomis, you took the words right out of my mouth:
"How do you present somebody as scum and convince everyone to follow your vote?"

RE: Bulbazoor's post: "Reason is her intro seems forced to me.
Idk if anyone else agrees
."

IMO, it felt like Bulbazoor was laying the seeds for a wagon :shifty:

Explain this laying seeds for a wagon. Btw, if I was laying seeds, wouldn't I have gotten my point better across by saying ""hey jump on this" or " guys vote this"?

nah, laying seeds is more subtle. it involves stuff like..."idk if anyone else agrees" *nudge nudge* kind of thing.
i guess that sentence looks like fishing for others to agree and for others to get suspicious and push a whole ton.. allowing you to then take a back seat, while others do all the pushing.

it's a ... i guess normal/inherent tactic for scum... because the main thing they don't want to do, is get overly noticed.

Altslip changed to the respective user
we learn by going where we need to go

Return to “The Road to Rome [Newbie Games]”