Newbie 1592: The Masquerade -- Game Over!

For Newbie Games, which have a set format and experienced moderators. Archived during the 2023 queue overhaul.
juckter
juckter
Goon
juckter
Goon
Goon

Post Post #725 (ISO) » Tue May 26, 2015 8:58 am

Post by juckter »

Ilhom, I'd like to see whether you have any reason for me to vote hayato as opposed to you, pretty much for completeness sake only. I'll vote once you give me your final thoughts.
hayatoBL
hayatoBL
Mafia Scum
hayatoBL
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #726 (ISO) » Tue May 26, 2015 9:27 am

Post by hayatoBL »

I'm assuming you're not scum trolling. In that case FMPOV, you're conf-town and Ilhom conf-scum.

Whatever you need let me know.
Ilhom
Ilhom
Goon
Ilhom
Goon
Goon

Post Post #727 (ISO) » Tue May 26, 2015 10:32 am

Post by Ilhom »

At work give me 6 hours
insanity018
insanity018
Mafia Scum
insanity018
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #728 (ISO) » Tue May 26, 2015 12:09 pm

Post by insanity018 »

Votecount 4.11

Ilhom
(1): hayatoBL
(L-1)

Not Voting
(2): Ilhom, juckter

With 3 alive, it takes 2 to lynch.

Deadline
: (expired on 2015-05-30 09:00:00)
Ilhom
Ilhom
Goon
Ilhom
Goon
Goon

Post Post #729 (ISO) » Tue May 26, 2015 6:40 pm

Post by Ilhom »

In post 710, Ilhom wrote:
In post 693, hayatoBL wrote:Actually, there is a way you can prove that I'm tunelling you. If you can tell me what scum-tell did I missed while reading juckter. Because if there isn't any that I missed, then I had in fact read you both fairly and thus, proving your accusation false.

Tunneling in the sense that you're just throwing the scum on me because you might think you can get juckter on your side more easily because he said he found me a bit more likely, not that you're ignoring his posts.
Your reaction to me saying that seems pretty towny though. You didn't attempt a me vs you scenario which makes my initial way of thinking it less likely.

but then

In post 724, hayatoBL wrote:
In post 714, Ilhom wrote:finish posting your analysis and I will tell you like I said before.

This won't be necessary. As much as I would like more content, the case on you is hard to refute. You're just going to waste your time and effort going through my past games, since I have decided who to vote for. And I hate for you to do all that for nothing. It's not worth it. I've read your defense and unfortunately I'm not satisfied.

Claims his other issues with you are minor and not worth posting, so the tunneling gets pretty real here. The focus shifts on me after you do say that you could find me and Nero more likely, claims his confidence in me as scum, then shifts back and apologizes and tries to throw a little bit of scum towards you. My initial thought of him possibly just focusing on me rings true to me since you should be conf town.
Plus some of his posting was just flat out wrong, which could be another way of misrepresenting me. I also think his "case" is fairly weak because he somehow thinks my weak town read should outweigh my stronger reads in my POE. I've been extremely consistent in my line of thought this game, and he tries to push otherwise.

Those are the things that are sticking out to me from him. I suggest you reread D3 too, juckter. I think Enomis had a solid read on the game with good criticisms on both you and Xayzeck. I also had the town slip of why me and Xayzeck weren't scum team. It really didn't occur to me that us having a conversation with the vote on Nero was an indication we could hammer for the win.

I believe these are the most key things to hopefully show you I'm town. I hope I didn't miss anything crucial, so if you find anything else please ask before you hammer.

VOTE: hayatoBL
juckter
juckter
Goon
juckter
Goon
Goon

Post Post #730 (ISO) » Wed May 27, 2015 4:05 am

Post by juckter »

hayato, I'd like it if you could address Ilhom's points while I'm reading.
hayatoBL
hayatoBL
Mafia Scum
hayatoBL
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #731 (ISO) » Wed May 27, 2015 4:45 am

Post by hayatoBL »

^Sure. I will try to answer without my knowledge of his or my alignment, since that is what you're seeing right now. And I'm addressing you not Ilhom in the below posts.

In post 729, Ilhom wrote:Claims his other issues with you are minor and not worth posting, so the tunneling gets pretty real here.
It was not worth posting because regardless of how bad you would respond to those minor issues, I couldn't see pass the major issues I got from Ilhom. So, I just don't feel like addressing issues that are far relatively minor than what I had on him. Hint: laziness.

In post 729, Ilhom wrote:The focus shifts on me after you do say that you could find me and Nero more likely, claims his confidence in me as scum, then shifts back and apologizes and tries to throw a little bit of scum towards you. My initial thought of him possibly just focusing on me rings true to me since you should be conf town.
This is just 'one way to look at it'. The other way to look at it is: I might just coincidentally found scum-points on Ilhom after you said you find him and Nero more likely. Ilhom has no evidence to support that his way of looking at it is more likely than the other way of looking at it.

In post 729, Ilhom wrote:Plus some of his posting was just flat out wrong, which could be another way of misrepresenting me.
If he meant the sentence where i said, 'both pist and Stab was on tet's wagon', I have admitted that I was wrong. Still, I don't see making that mistake would make me scum. And my case still stands strong even if that was wrong.

In post 729, Ilhom wrote:I also think his "case" is fairly weak because he somehow thinks my weak town read should outweigh my stronger reads in my POE. I've been extremely consistent in my line of thought this game, and he tries to push otherwise.

I disagree that my case is weak. I think his defense is. His reasoning for suddenly thinking Stab is more likely town is bad. His reasoning for then shifting his vote towards pist but not Nero is bad. His sudden confidence that Nero is scum in D3 is strange, considering he changed his vote on pist not Nero. His defences on all three of these points were unsatisfactory.
Ilhom
Ilhom
Goon
Ilhom
Goon
Goon

Post Post #732 (ISO) » Wed May 27, 2015 6:48 am

Post by Ilhom »

How is it BAD for me to follow my POE that took me hours to make? Shifting my vote to pistachi0n makes perfect sense strictly based off my POE. Me thinking Stabulous was more "likely" town because deciding to start a speed wagon on his most likely partner when pistachi0n was going to die that day seemed really unlikely. You just keep thinking this is unsatisfactory. There was NO reason for me to want to kill Nero based off of my POE for that day, unless he hard claimed scum. My POE even said I was pretty much going to only lynch Stabulous or pistachi0n that day. Like I said before, my line of thought has been extremely consistent. How is that strong case?
Ilhom
Ilhom
Goon
Ilhom
Goon
Goon

Post Post #733 (ISO) » Wed May 27, 2015 6:49 am

Post by Ilhom »

Suddenly defenses are weak because a person follows the most logical steps from their analysis of the game.
Ilhom
Ilhom
Goon
Ilhom
Goon
Goon

Post Post #734 (ISO) » Wed May 27, 2015 6:52 am

Post by Ilhom »

Also cool blame laziness for wanting to sit on me.

The wrong posting I am referencing to is your inability to understand my POE. The pistachi0n could have been a poor attempt at something, but I honestly think that was just a mistake because it was pretty silly.

one example
juckter
juckter
Goon
juckter
Goon
Goon

Post Post #735 (ISO) » Wed May 27, 2015 7:43 am

Post by juckter »

I've reread a little. I like Ihom's D1 and D3, but I still can't get a good grasp on D2. Ilhom, I'll try to reread that carefully and make sense of all that happened, but I'd like it if you could explain how your D2 went, seeing as it has been misrepped to hell so far, which makes it somewhat difficult to understand.
hayatoBL
hayatoBL
Mafia Scum
hayatoBL
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #736 (ISO) » Wed May 27, 2015 11:03 am

Post by hayatoBL »

I think I have nothing to respond to that was already said. Game's in your hand juckter.
Ilhom
Ilhom
Goon
Ilhom
Goon
Goon

Post Post #737 (ISO) » Wed May 27, 2015 11:41 am

Post by Ilhom »

To put it simply, there shouldn't be any town motivation to rush a hammer and not allow a person on the chopping block to claim. There is a mafia incentive because there is a possibility of an easy role lynch. That's why I did not like Stabulous pushing for the hammer. He says it would be a scum tell if he got hammered before he could post, and I point out that's scummy if it happens to him, but not if someone does it to Tetaes. Futan also makes the jab about him taking 22+ hours to post.

In post 291, Stabulous wrote:of never posting anything useful without waiting for a post and lynching someone who has promised content and has delivered on promises in

He posts that in response to me, but I found it as an easy excuse for him to push a kill on Tetaes. "I projected town, so not allowing me to post is not ok versus a person who didn't do much and could possibly be hiding a claim." I don't like it.

He then makes some pretty good analysis that are pretty logical but I didn't think that it outweighed my read at all. As I said before, nothing he did made me think otherwise.

Nero does his stupid defense and I felt exhausted explaining it to him and every other person constantly asking me to summarize my thoughts on Stabulous.

I then form my POE based off analyzing the game state.

The turning point of the day is when Stabulous flipped onto Nero. Once again, Nero was his most likely partner in my POE, the others being you or Xayzeck. You and Xayzeck were town in my Stabulous as town POE because you guys projected strong town where pistachi0n was left in the scum POE because I had a weak read on her as scared new town. I found Stabulous bussing his partner there EXTREMELY UNLIKELY because there was absolutely no reason for it when pistachi0n was going to die. So then I had to make a decision, is my Stabulous scum read strong enough to make me believe that either Xayzeck or juckter are his partner, OR am I wrong on Stabulous and I should lynch pistachi0n because I saw her as high chance as scum if Stabulous was town. I was more willing to believe I was wrong and went with the lynch.

I believe that sums up D2 for me.
Ilhom
Ilhom
Goon
Ilhom
Goon
Goon

Post Post #738 (ISO) » Wed May 27, 2015 11:41 am

Post by Ilhom »

In post 291, Stabulous wrote:I don't believe you can't tell the difference between lynching a habitual lurker who has given every intention of never posting anything useful without waiting for a post and lynching someone who has promised content and has delivered on promises in the past without waiting for a post.

that quote messed up
insanity018
insanity018
Mafia Scum
insanity018
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #739 (ISO) » Wed May 27, 2015 12:05 pm

Post by insanity018 »

Votecount 4.12

Ilhom
(L-1)

hayatoBL
(1): Ilhom
(L-1)

Not Voting
(1): juckter

Deadline
Last edited by insanity018 on Wed May 27, 2015 12:07 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Ilhom
Ilhom
Goon
Ilhom
Goon
Goon

Post Post #740 (ISO) » Wed May 27, 2015 12:06 pm

Post by Ilhom »

hey mod I voted for hayato on 729

Derp! :oops: Fixed.
juckter
juckter
Goon
juckter
Goon
Goon

Post Post #741 (ISO) » Wed May 27, 2015 12:21 pm

Post by juckter »

I don't think my thoughts are too likely to change in the next 2 days.

VOTE: hayatoBL

Ilhom is just too town overall. Now that I understood his D2, I'd be quite amazed if he was scum (and if so, I think he did a really good job). I find it way likelier for hayato to be scum. All that's left is waiting to see what happens then.
hayatoBL
hayatoBL
Mafia Scum
hayatoBL
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #742 (ISO) » Wed May 27, 2015 12:32 pm

Post by hayatoBL »

Good job convincing juckter, Ilhom. ;)

Let's not spoiler the results. Anyway, I lost and ilhom won. That's obvious.
Ilhom
Ilhom
Goon
Ilhom
Goon
Goon

Post Post #743 (ISO) » Wed May 27, 2015 12:36 pm

Post by Ilhom »

oh man what a relief good game
Ilhom
Ilhom
Goon
Ilhom
Goon
Goon

Post Post #744 (ISO) » Wed May 27, 2015 12:39 pm

Post by Ilhom »

joining the queue again after results are shown.
juckter I hope you do the same
hayatoBL
hayatoBL
Mafia Scum
hayatoBL
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #745 (ISO) » Wed May 27, 2015 12:45 pm

Post by hayatoBL »

i think neither of you need to join a newbie game though, if that's what you mean.

Try an open or a micro instead!
juckter
juckter
Goon
juckter
Goon
Goon

Post Post #746 (ISO) » Wed May 27, 2015 12:53 pm

Post by juckter »

Yeah, trying another queue sounds fun, I'll probably do that afterwards
insanity018
insanity018
Mafia Scum
insanity018
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #747 (ISO) » Wed May 27, 2015 1:08 pm

Post by insanity018 »

Votecount 4.13 (FINAL)

hayatoBL
(2): Ilhom, juckter
(LYNCH)

Ilhom

Not Voting
(0):
None.

Deadline
insanity018
insanity018
Mafia Scum
insanity018
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #748 (ISO) » Wed May 27, 2015 1:24 pm

Post by insanity018 »

Insanity despaired. The Masquerade was a disaster! Everywhere she could see people picking food fights, people falling down the stairs and people getting angry because the music system wasn't working.

Among the chaos, three people stood close together.

"Why are you doing this Hayato?" Ilhom demanded. "I've seen you on the security cameras, running around causing trouble."

"Lies!" Hayato snapped back. "It's you! You don't even have an invitation to be here!"

Juckter, the security guard stared between the two of them. And then, pocketing the $50 Ilhom had just given him, began to drag Hayato away.

hayatoBL has been lynched Day 4. He was a Vanilla Townie.
juckter has been endgamed Day 4. He was a Vanilla Townie.

Ilhom watched as the pair left. Moments later, Nero Cain snuck back inside to join him. They smiled. Insanity's masquerade was completely ruined.

Ilhom, who was a Mafia Goon wins alongside Nero Cain!
Last edited by insanity018 on Wed May 27, 2015 1:41 pm, edited 1 time in total.
insanity018
insanity018
Mafia Scum
insanity018
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #749 (ISO) » Wed May 27, 2015 1:33 pm

Post by insanity018 »

Thanks everyone for playing, particularly those who replaced in! I hope you all enjoyed this game!

Congratulations to the Mafia for their win!

Setup

The setup we were in is Column B:

Town Cop - MaxwellPuckett (
Megalo
)
VT - pistachi0n
VT - Tetaes (
ThatAussieTeen
)
VT - hayatoBL (
Flammus, LordCronos, Xayzeck, Jeanne11
)
VT - enomis (
Futan
)
VT - juckter
VT - Stabulous (
Tatsuya Kaname
)

Mafia Goon - Nero Cain
Mafia Goon - Ilhom

Night actions

Night 1:
MaxwellPuckett investigates Futan (unsuccessful, killed by Mafia)
Nero kills MaxwellPuckett

Night 2:
Nero kills Stabulous

Night 3:
Ilhom kills enomis

Mafia PT
Dead PT

Return to “The Road to Rome [Newbie Games]”