Star Trek Deep Space Nine Season 1 Mafia(game over!)

zabing12
zabing12
Townie
zabing12
Townie
Townie

Post Post #1100 (ISO) » Thu May 28, 2015 5:06 pm

Post by zabing12 »

Welp, In request of sin,
VOTE: LicketyQuickety
MaxwellPuckett
MaxwellPuckett
Mafia Scum
MaxwellPuckett
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #1101 (ISO) » Thu May 28, 2015 5:12 pm

Post by MaxwellPuckett »

Zabing, don't fall into that. While I think the vote is the right thing to do (no matter how much I dislike it), are you really just voting him because Sin asked nicely? That's how you got like... four of the votes on your own wagon, from people doing what you just did.
One man's trash talk is another man's treasure talk.
PeaceBringer
PeaceBringer
Posts Blindly
PeaceBringer
Posts Blindly
Posts Blindly

Post Post #1102 (ISO) » Thu May 28, 2015 5:21 pm

Post by PeaceBringer »

folks really want to go to 2 nights at this point? I guess it is taking control from mafia- I would hope there is a night skipping role as balance...
zabing12
zabing12
Townie
zabing12
Townie
Townie

Post Post #1103 (ISO) » Thu May 28, 2015 5:21 pm

Post by zabing12 »

Lickety is chaos to the town, confusing, constantly FOsing people without points, and acting as a spammer. Also I hate him. I guess It's kind of a OMGUS.
Titus
Titus
She/her
Moon Walker
Titus
She/her
Moon Walker
Moon Walker
Pronoun: She/her

Post Post #1104 (ISO) » Thu May 28, 2015 5:28 pm

Post by Titus »

It's bad when I think your posting expectations are unrealistic.

That being said if you are BP as you claim, post game how nerfing that BP is frankly is ridiculous.
Show
The scum had the misfortune of Titus being absurdly accurate on day one.Really quite impressed by that.~Drixx

You're letting Titus win the game by herself.Good luck now I guess.You have no chance to win.~Tywin

GTKTitus Part 2
Titus Academy

VLA Friday nights until Sunday morning.

All hail the Scum Empress!
LittleGumball
LittleGumball
Goon
LittleGumball
Goon
Goon

Post Post #1105 (ISO) » Thu May 28, 2015 6:02 pm

Post by LittleGumball »

In post 1100, zabing12 wrote:Welp, In request of sin,

Yeah I'm comfortable with my vote.

Did anyone not see the video the Monkeyman conveniently posted where it says "Created by Gene Roddenbury" in the intro scene?

Another question to everyone: Do mods normally post videos on day 1 or is monkeyman trying to help us or what's the dealio with that
LittleGumball
LittleGumball
Goon
LittleGumball
Goon
Goon

Post Post #1106 (ISO) » Thu May 28, 2015 6:03 pm

Post by LittleGumball »

In post 1103, zabing12 wrote:Lickety is chaos to the town, confusing, constantly FOsing people without points, and acting as a spammer. Also I hate him. I guess It's kind of a OMGUS.

well I kind of posted without seeing this (congrats on posting your first actual reason) but I still think you're scum.
LittleGumball
LittleGumball
Goon
LittleGumball
Goon
Goon

Post Post #1107 (ISO) » Thu May 28, 2015 6:05 pm

Post by LittleGumball »

Where's
davesaz?
MonkeyMan576
MonkeyMan576
Jack of All Trades
MonkeyMan576
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #1108 (ISO) » Thu May 28, 2015 6:10 pm

Post by MonkeyMan576 »

millar13 has been prodded.
Sinsun1
Sinsun1
Goon
Sinsun1
Goon
Goon

Post Post #1109 (ISO) » Thu May 28, 2015 6:11 pm

Post by Sinsun1 »

In post 1101, MaxwellPuckett wrote:because Sin asked nicely?

Ask nice enough and people will do what you want them to do. In this case, ridding the town of a migraine.
LittleGumball
LittleGumball
Goon
LittleGumball
Goon
Goon

Post Post #1110 (ISO) » Thu May 28, 2015 6:12 pm

Post by LittleGumball »

In post 1109, Sinsun1 wrote:

Ask nice enough and people will do what you want them to do. In this case, ridding the town of a migraine.

Please lynch yourself :)
LittleGumball
LittleGumball
Goon
LittleGumball
Goon
Goon

Post Post #1111 (ISO) » Thu May 28, 2015 6:13 pm

Post by LittleGumball »

ew ew ew omg that smiley face ewww
Sinsun1
Sinsun1
Goon
Sinsun1
Goon
Goon

Post Post #1112 (ISO) » Thu May 28, 2015 6:42 pm

Post by Sinsun1 »

In post 1110, LittleGumball wrote:
In post 1109, Sinsun1 wrote:

Please lynch yourself :)

When your smile looks like that. That's more creepy than nice. :shifty:

Anyway, before going to bed here, it has occurred to me I am probably sounding like an asshole to LQ today. So I'm going to try to give some constructive criticism here at the very least before I go to bed (somehow I imagine when I wake up and read the 20 pages LQ has left I will regret trying to be nice).

LQ.. Your game play so far this game is horrendous. I don't think you need to be wise to figure that out with all these votes piling on you. So let me just give a paragraph or so here for you.

This is a 21 player game. Day 1 is 25-33% posts of JUST YOU. When people ask you to be quiet and let others interact, that does not mean they need to post more, it means you need to go do something with your day for a few hours and let others interact and pick each other apart. You don't need to have a say on every single post ever made in the game and bring the spotlight on you. When you make everything about you, you make people annoyed and when people are annoyed, they tend to not care what alignment you are anymore.

On a final note, rethinking how you replied to my question "because I am town".. No.. that is not even a good answer, that actually makes you a hypocrite because you are demanding answers from HI, yet you have a poor excuse. About 13 other people are town as well, some will still get lynched. There has to be a reason why keeping you around is beneficial to town otherwise why should we? We've stated the advantages to just getting you out of the way with, now give people a reason why they shouldn't just vote you off. A real genuine reason that benefits town over the benefits of outright lynching you off. Just as a reminder the benefits of lynching you off:

- Gets rid of a migraine for town
- Gets double night out of the way with and causes scum to have to blind fire twice in a row instead of having more informed decision later on.
- If you're scum, well hey, win win for us.
- Gives us a chance to read those who were protecting you better depending on how you flip.

Now, that means you need 4 reasons to not be lynched. Gotta equal to or outweigh the bad to be good.
MaxwellPuckett
MaxwellPuckett
Mafia Scum
MaxwellPuckett
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #1113 (ISO) » Thu May 28, 2015 6:53 pm

Post by MaxwellPuckett »

In post 1105, LittleGumball wrote:
In post 1100, zabing12 wrote:Welp, In request of sin,

Yeah I'm comfortable with my vote.

Did anyone not see the video the Monkeyman conveniently posted where it says "Created by Gene Roddenbury" in the intro scene?

Another question to everyone: Do mods normally post videos on day 1 or is monkeyman trying to help us or what's the dealio with that

I watched the first two trailer videos, but not the most recent one. I just did now, and.. well yeah, I guess he is there. Much later than Monkey's other videos, too. But was it just a complete coincidence? Man, I don't know.

I've been unhappy with an LQ lynch from the start, but I just couldn't think of a reason for Roddenberry to be in this game, and even with that video I'm wondering if it was just a fluke. I mean, the mod wouldn't put up a vid to help town, would they? It's unfair. So I'm almost 100% that the timing of the video was just a coincidence.

The fact that Roddenberry is mentioned in the intro to the show though.. that's actually evidence. And maybe it's the evidence I want to get this bad-tasting lynch off the table?

It's late, I'm going to re-evaluate in the morning. I'm no longer happy with a zabing lynch though, so probably not going back to that either. New target tomorrow I guess, or maybe I'll change my mind about LQ in the light of day. I need to think.

UNVOTE:
LittleGumball
LittleGumball
Goon
LittleGumball
Goon
Goon

Post Post #1114 (ISO) » Thu May 28, 2015 7:02 pm

Post by LittleGumball »

2lazy2quote

I'm the opposite, I watched only the most recent one. Just so happened to have Mr. Roddenberry (btw I can't spell c: ) in it.

Max, what do you think of Channel?
MaxwellPuckett
MaxwellPuckett
Mafia Scum
MaxwellPuckett
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #1115 (ISO) » Thu May 28, 2015 7:08 pm

Post by MaxwellPuckett »

It's late so I'll give you the short version about CDB. Didn't like him early game, but recent events have changed that. Don't want to call it a townread, it's closer to null, and highly conditional on the flips of Archmage and LQ. I agree with a lot of CDB's reads, as well as his frustration over the LQ lynch. Gut says that slot is scum but my gut is fucking stupid usually so I'm gonna ignore it and say go with null, very slight lean on town, could swing either way depending on flips. (but if flips go the way I think they'll go, CDB will remain awkwardly shoved into the town column)

Anyways, goodnight.
Nero Cain
Nero Cain
Survivor
Nero Cain
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #1116 (ISO) » Thu May 28, 2015 7:09 pm

Post by Nero Cain »

In post 1097, PeaceBringer wrote:
In post 1094, zabing12 wrote:Also, let me set the record straight that jumping on a bandwagon is scummy.

eh, that is a load of crap... if no one jump on wagons you would just have no lynches and no game... may as well play tiddly winks

QFFT

In post 1105, LittleGumball wrote:Another question to everyone: Do mods normally post videos on day 1 or is monkeyman trying to help us or what's the dealio with that

I saw, yes. There ARE alot of mods that do post videos/pictures but those are usually with vote counts. I could see how his video might have influenced folks that there could be a Gene RodenBerry in the game, he shouldn't try to influence the game though.

I kinda liked seeing some fire out of Zabing but I'd like her reaction to 1041

Celt too.
Of all tyrannies,a tyranny sincerely exercised for the good of its victims may be the most oppressive. It would be better to live under robber barons than under omnipotent moral busybodies. The robber baron's cruelty may sometimes sleep but those who torment us for our own good will torment us without end they do so with the approval of their own conscience.

edited c.s. lewis quote b/c limit
Senator
Senator
Goon
Senator
Goon
Goon

Post Post #1117 (ISO) » Fri May 29, 2015 2:52 am

Post by Senator »

Ahh, its nice to see Im not the only one who grasps distnctions of concepts. Maxs defense of Titus is noted
Coulda gone pro if I hadn't joined the Navy.
ChannelDelibird
ChannelDelibird
He/they
Card Czar
ChannelDelibird
He/they
Card Czar
Card Czar
Pronoun: He/they

Post Post #1118 (ISO) » Fri May 29, 2015 3:19 am

Post by ChannelDelibird »

If Monkeyman posted a video of the credits as a way to remind us about Roddenberry then I'm replacing out because
fuck that

However, I'm still calling bullshit on Roddenberry as a character in this game, on LQ as actually being a BP, and on any time other than now being the correct time to get rid of such an awkward claim and distracting player.
#greenshirtthursdays
PeaceBringer
PeaceBringer
Posts Blindly
PeaceBringer
Posts Blindly
Posts Blindly

Post Post #1119 (ISO) » Fri May 29, 2015 3:52 am

Post by PeaceBringer »

fine-
vote LQ
Hostile Intent
Hostile Intent
Mafia Scum
Hostile Intent
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #1120 (ISO) » Fri May 29, 2015 4:15 am

Post by Hostile Intent »

PeaceBringer was also scum, on my team, in that game I linked to.

I'm seeing many similarities. What's up with that, PeeBee?
Sinsun1
Sinsun1
Goon
Sinsun1
Goon
Goon

Post Post #1121 (ISO) » Fri May 29, 2015 4:29 am

Post by Sinsun1 »

Gawd damn it Max, we were going to be 1-2 votes away from getting rid of a town headache.

That being said, LQ has actually been quiet between now and my post last night (which is roughly 8-10 hours ago) so unless it's just because he was sleeping as well I give him points for that. That being said, even if he's town the benefit town has over him dying now rather than later outweighs everything else. So even if I can give him points for letting others speak for an actual page here without his input his claim has seriously messed up his chances of me letting him get away with today.

Also I am still watching through the series, I saw my character by the end of the first part (at least I think that's her, she looks a bit different from my picture of her). But damn, I thought they'd be tops 40 min long shows... First episode alone was almost 90 mins. More like movies than a tv series. XD

MM has been posting videos about various stuff by the way. I am wondering if he is trying to provide proof for a fake claim to work or just diddling around with videos because he watched the full season.
LittleGumball
LittleGumball
Goon
LittleGumball
Goon
Goon

Post Post #1122 (ISO) » Fri May 29, 2015 4:58 am

Post by LittleGumball »

In post 1115, MaxwellPuckett wrote:It's late so I'll give you the short version about CDB. Didn't like him early game, but recent events have changed that. Don't want to call it a townread, it's closer to null, and highly conditional on the flips of Archmage and LQ. I agree with a lot of CDB's reads, as well as his frustration over the LQ lynch. Gut says that slot is scum but my gut is fucking stupid usually so I'm gonna ignore it and say go with null, very slight lean on town, could swing either way depending on flips. (but if flips go the way I think they'll go, CDB will remain awkwardly shoved into the town column)

Fair enough. I do agree that flips definitely matter. I'm leaning more null/scum than null/town though. It's strange that (as far as I can remember, I'll check back to see if this is actually accurate) this is the only lynch Channel has been pushing for.

Another question to everyone: Are vigilantes commonplace in large games like this? Where I come from they're almost a guarantee. Is it the same here?
LittleGumball
LittleGumball
Goon
LittleGumball
Goon
Goon

Post Post #1123 (ISO) » Fri May 29, 2015 5:01 am

Post by LittleGumball »

In post 204, ChannelDelibird wrote:Vigs should by all means feel free to off LQ Tonight, but I'd rather aim to lynch scum Today.

Channel
, why has your viewpoint on this changed?
zabing12
zabing12
Townie
zabing12
Townie
Townie

Post Post #1124 (ISO) » Fri May 29, 2015 5:12 am

Post by zabing12 »

In post 1116, Nero Cain wrote:
In post 1097, PeaceBringer wrote:
In post 1094, zabing12 wrote:Also, let me set the record straight that jumping on a bandwagon is scummy.

eh, that is a load of crap... if no one jump on wagons you would just have no lynches and no game... may as well play tiddly winks

QFFT

In post 1105, LittleGumball wrote:Another question to everyone: Do mods normally post videos on day 1 or is monkeyman trying to help us or what's the dealio with that

I saw, yes. There ARE alot of mods that do post videos/pictures but those are usually with vote counts. I could see how his video might have influenced folks that there could be a Gene RodenBerry in the game, he shouldn't try to influence the game though.

I kinda liked seeing some fire out of Zabing but I'd like her reaction to 1041

Celt too.

You want to see my reaction? Fine. THat is all true.

Return to “Completed Large Theme Games”