Mini 1671 - Eclipse Mafia - Total Eclipse (Game Over)

Juls
Juls
Jack of All Trades
Juls
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #700 (ISO) » Tue Jun 02, 2015 9:52 am

Post by Juls »

Happy Birthday GC!
-------------------------------------
Juls
BlueBloodedToffee
BlueBloodedToffee
Survivor
BlueBloodedToffee
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #701 (ISO) » Tue Jun 02, 2015 9:53 am

Post by BlueBloodedToffee »

Oh.

Can I have reasoning for that read, Zoro?

PEdit - Happy Birthday
scum
GC!!
Meta this. Meta that. Meta Everything. Meta is not a good scum-hunting tool. PEOPLE CAN MANIPULATE THEIR META. Stop it. Stop. It. Now.
Green Crayons
Green Crayons
Jack of All Trades
Green Crayons
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #702 (ISO) » Tue Jun 02, 2015 9:59 am

Post by Green Crayons »

In post 698, BlueBloodedToffee wrote:GC, did you actually just say you're scum reading me for the way I catch up?

Is that the bullshit you're actually trying to push right now?

:D

*wiggles eyebrows*

Last two times someone reduced it to that, and then got indignant about it, they were scum.

Thanks for the birthday wishes.
"This Court has never held that the Constitution forbids the execution of a convicted defendant who has had a full and fair trial but is later able to convince a habeas court that he is 'actually' innocent." In re Davis, 557 U.S. 952, 955 (2009) (Scalia, J., dissenting).
BlueBloodedToffee
BlueBloodedToffee
Survivor
BlueBloodedToffee
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #703 (ISO) » Tue Jun 02, 2015 10:01 am

I have reduced nothing.

That's exactly what you're accusing me of being scum for.

I mean, I like you and all that GC, but you're making this too easy.
Meta this. Meta that. Meta Everything. Meta is not a good scum-hunting tool. PEOPLE CAN MANIPULATE THEIR META. Stop it. Stop. It. Now.
Green Crayons
Green Crayons
Jack of All Trades
Green Crayons
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #704 (ISO) » Tue Jun 02, 2015 10:10 am

Post by Green Crayons »

yeah, easy to find scum: BBT

In post 754, Green Crayons wrote:I know I used the term "active lurking," but that's not really the idea I'm trying to get at with:

In post 693, Green Crayons wrote:2. Her posting frequently/format resembles that of scum. She'll go inactive, come back with a massive quote/respond post, have a smattering of smaller posts, and then go inactive again for a few days. The inactive - sudden activity flurry - then inactive again allows her to not be in the center of thread consciousness. Her massive quote/respond posts make her look active, but most folks will probably only skim, and therefore she evades real scrutiny.

Clarification That I Made In Another Game: (<-- the links still work if you follow that)

I'm not saying her V/LA is fabricated. I'm saying that going absent and then coming back with a serious of catch up posts -- and this is her habitual play this game, not a one-time event -- is aligned with scum play.

Oldie Mafia 2. The scum that was constantly doing catch up posts was porochaz. He had a legitimate excuse for his V/LA (funeral and other bad IRL experiences), but he kept doing posts like these: Post 444, Post 596, Post 676.

Also, I just got finished with a game where this happened again. Mini 1609. The scum that was constantly doing catch up posts was massive. Once again, a legitimate reason (no weeked access), but he kept doing posts like these: Post 2434, 2497, and Post 3336.

Once again, it's not so much that someone has V/LA, and then decides to make catch up posts. It's the heavy emphasis of using catch up posts, as it allows a person to look like they are providing the town with a lot of activity, but it isn't really all that substantive and useful for the town.

Of course, being V/LA was the predicate for farside relying heavily on her catch up posts, but it's the catch up posts and not her V/LA that is the suspicious part of her play for purposes of that line of suspicion. And as I pointed out when Riddle wanted me to do the work for farside, farside could have jumped in and made a (what would have been a pretty convincing) meta defense: that she has been doing similar catch up posts in all of her games.

For the record, farside was scum in that game, too.

It's an easy crutch to use if you're scum, and that's why I think it is more likely to come from scum than town. And while I don't think it's a sure fire tell, for me it helps solidify the good aspects of the case I've seen Hero make against slimer.
"This Court has never held that the Constitution forbids the execution of a convicted defendant who has had a full and fair trial but is later able to convince a habeas court that he is 'actually' innocent." In re Davis, 557 U.S. 952, 955 (2009) (Scalia, J., dissenting).
Green Crayons
Green Crayons
Jack of All Trades
Green Crayons
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #705 (ISO) » Tue Jun 02, 2015 10:11 am

Post by Green Crayons »

It's alignment indicative, you did it, you're scum.
Green Crayons
Green Crayons
Jack of All Trades
Green Crayons
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #706 (ISO) » Tue Jun 02, 2015 10:12 am

Post by Green Crayons »

Also:
In post 684, Green Crayons wrote:
BBT is present for the first part of D1 (up to page 4 out of 9). Nothing really worthy of note. Disappears, allowing his vote to stay on Skold. Not particularly alignment indicative, but not the engaged and probing BBT-town we all know and love.

The BBT/ABR interaction looks bad for BBT. The BBT/Scarab interaction looks bad for BBT. BBT's points are bad, his focus is off, and he's trying to pick fights, which suggests that he's looking to find reasons to vote someone.

Everything else just feels off. I don't like his on-and-off of the Skold wagon. I don't like his push against Scarab or my slot. I don't like any of his reads.
BlueBloodedToffee
BlueBloodedToffee
Survivor
BlueBloodedToffee
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #707 (ISO) » Tue Jun 02, 2015 10:13 am

Except for it isn't alignment indicative.

So, there's that.
BlueBloodedToffee
BlueBloodedToffee
Survivor
BlueBloodedToffee
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #708 (ISO) » Tue Jun 02, 2015 10:15 am

1) you counter this point all by yourself.

3) How do the interactions look bad for me? Stating it doesn't make it true. Back up what you're saying.

4) You think I was the only person vote switching yesterday? What don't you like about my push?

What don't you like about my reads?

I mean, it's all very vague comments that don't hold any weight.

Back them up. At least try to look like you actually believe what you're writing.
Green Crayons
Green Crayons
Jack of All Trades
Green Crayons
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #709 (ISO) » Tue Jun 02, 2015 10:17 am

Post by Green Crayons »

1) Answer:
BBT is present for the first part of D1 (up to page 4 out of 9). Nothing really worthy of note. Disappears, allowing his vote to stay on Skold. Not particularly alignment indicative,
but not the engaged and probing BBT-town we all know and love.

2) Answer:
The BBT/ABR interaction looks bad for BBT. The BBT/Scarab interaction looks bad for BBT.
BBT's points are bad, his focus is off, and he's trying to pick fights, which suggests that he's looking to find reasons to vote someone.

3) Answer:
Everything else just feels off. I don't like his on-and-off of the Skold wagon. I don't like his push against Scarab or my slot. I don't like any of his reads.
[/quote]
Your play is bad, and you are not a bad player. You toyed with the Skold wagon while it was advantageous to do so. You have made bad cases against Scarab and my slot.
BlueBloodedToffee
BlueBloodedToffee
Survivor
BlueBloodedToffee
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #710 (ISO) » Tue Jun 02, 2015 10:19 am

1) That's meta. You shouldn't use meta to read me.

3) What points are bad? Is focus alignment indicative?

4) If I'm not a bad player, what makes you think my scum game would be this 'obvious'?
Green Crayons
Green Crayons
Jack of All Trades
Green Crayons
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #711 (ISO) » Tue Jun 02, 2015 10:20 am

Post by Green Crayons »

You're not a bad player in the sense that you make good cases. :)
Green Crayons
Green Crayons
Jack of All Trades
Green Crayons
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #712 (ISO) » Tue Jun 02, 2015 10:20 am

Post by Green Crayons »

When you're town.
BlueBloodedToffee
BlueBloodedToffee
Survivor
BlueBloodedToffee
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #713 (ISO) » Tue Jun 02, 2015 10:20 am

Ah, I see.

OK. And the rest?
Zoronos
Zoronos
Mafia Scum
Zoronos
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #714 (ISO) » Tue Jun 02, 2015 10:22 am

Post by Zoronos »

In post 701, BlueBloodedToffee wrote:Oh.

Can I have reasoning for that read, Zoro?

Yeah, I reiterated it near the end of D2, so I'm just going to quote that back.
In post 510, Zoronos wrote:
In post 508, Juls wrote:Zoro, talk to me about someone other than Skold. What are your thoughts on Scarab? If you have said already please point me to it. I likely missed a few things.

I think Scarab is likely town, I've reiterated that a couple times. I don't see their scum game plan making sense based on their play.
I outlined Scarab thoughts in , , and .

I liked Scarab for town more than I like Piss. My note on Scarab in my running list was 'Towny but dumb'. He / She felt more transparent than Piss.

Specifically, this:
In post 671, pisskop wrote:I did like RCs general points, even if he wanted to kill me. I'll swing by later tonight with my thoughts on his ISO.

feels revisionist in light of
In post 652, pisskop wrote:vote: Skold

RC/BBT/ for scumz.

vote: Skold

But that alone doesn't move him to the top of my list. So, still probably town. Not inclined to vote.
Green Crayons
Green Crayons
Jack of All Trades
Green Crayons
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #715 (ISO) » Tue Jun 02, 2015 10:23 am

Post by Green Crayons »

I don't feel like going through your ISO and handholding everyone. Effort.

They can ISO your interactions with ABR and Scarab, or recall from memory, and agree or disagree with me.
Green Crayons
Green Crayons
Jack of All Trades
Green Crayons
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #716 (ISO) » Tue Jun 02, 2015 10:24 am

Post by Green Crayons »

I was probably wrong about slotting Zoronos as a scum after a reread. Good to know.
BlueBloodedToffee
BlueBloodedToffee
Survivor
BlueBloodedToffee
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #717 (ISO) » Tue Jun 02, 2015 10:24 am

Your case won't be very convincing without specifics.
Green Crayons
Green Crayons
Jack of All Trades
Green Crayons
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #718 (ISO) » Tue Jun 02, 2015 10:25 am

Post by Green Crayons »

Nah, I'm good.
Green Crayons
Green Crayons
Jack of All Trades
Green Crayons
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #719 (ISO) » Tue Jun 02, 2015 10:26 am

Post by Green Crayons »

Nobody would read a big wall ole text anyways, BBT. Stop trying to bait me into doing one.
Green Crayons
Green Crayons
Jack of All Trades
Green Crayons
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #720 (ISO) » Tue Jun 02, 2015 10:26 am

Post by Green Crayons »

(More than I have already done.)
BlueBloodedToffee
BlueBloodedToffee
Survivor
BlueBloodedToffee
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #721 (ISO) » Tue Jun 02, 2015 10:27 am

I would read it.

Come on man, at least pretend you're town.

You always do big ole wall o texts.
Green Crayons
Green Crayons
Jack of All Trades
Green Crayons
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #722 (ISO) » Tue Jun 02, 2015 10:28 am

Post by Green Crayons »

I grow weary of such things.

META!
BlueBloodedToffee
BlueBloodedToffee
Survivor
BlueBloodedToffee
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #723 (ISO) » Tue Jun 02, 2015 10:29 am

OK, that was meta.

You're not even trying though.

Why are you so being so obvious about being scum? Don't you want to win?
Green Crayons
Green Crayons
Jack of All Trades
Green Crayons
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #724 (ISO) » Tue Jun 02, 2015 10:31 am

Post by Green Crayons »

The only thing I'm being obvious about.

Is being certain that you are scum.

Nothing scummy about that.

Make a case other than "obvious scum," brotha.

Return to “Completed Mini Normal Games”