Star Trek Deep Space Nine Season 1 Mafia(game over!)

Klingoncelt
Klingoncelt
Jack of All Trades
Klingoncelt
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #1775 (ISO) » Thu Jun 11, 2015 5:36 pm

Post by Klingoncelt »

:facepalm:
Klingoncelt: "The whole scumteam slipped on page 1. It's the new meta. Sheep me because my reads are so accurate that whoever I name gets mod-converted to scum."
-
MiniDeathStar
davesaz
davesaz
He
Survivor
davesaz
He
Survivor
Survivor
Pronoun: He

Post Post #1776 (ISO) » Thu Jun 11, 2015 7:26 pm

Post by davesaz »

I'm happy with my vote where it is.
Wanna play Minecraft with your ms friends? Check out the minecraft thread, or the channel on discord
Narninian
Narninian
Contracts STDs
Narninian
Contracts STDs
Contracts STDs

Post Post #1777 (ISO) » Thu Jun 11, 2015 7:33 pm

Post by Narninian »

I'm also happy with my vote; buy replacements dont get a free pass.
The extra in is for /in
Narninian
Narninian
Contracts STDs
Narninian
Contracts STDs
Contracts STDs

Post Post #1778 (ISO) » Thu Jun 11, 2015 7:33 pm

Post by Narninian »

*but
The extra in is for /in
davesaz
davesaz
He
Survivor
davesaz
He
Survivor
Survivor
Pronoun: He

Post Post #1779 (ISO) » Thu Jun 11, 2015 8:01 pm

Post by davesaz »

In post 1767, Sinsun1 wrote:
Now what I have a problem with right here, is the fact that you're trying to direct my vote. I don't care what wagon has more people on it, but the fact that you do means you just want someone lynched. Not caring if they are scum or not. By this post of yours, you have slipped. You don't want me to have a reason to vote PB or CDB, both whom I town read. You just want me to vote them to get rid of them for you.

<snip>

When people are trying to control votes when there is absolutely no factual information on the table like they outed as cop or something when they in fact did not, I am not okay with that, nor am I okay with anyone who sheeps them like they're their herder.

The post you're responding to is classic Thor. I don't see any way that wanting town to do something useful is a scumtell.

If you disagree with the available wagon choices then start your own. But try to do it for a reason that isn't a blatant towntell.
Wanna play Minecraft with your ms friends? Check out the minecraft thread, or the channel on discord
PeaceBringer
PeaceBringer
Posts Blindly
PeaceBringer
Posts Blindly
Posts Blindly

Post Post #1780 (ISO) » Fri Jun 12, 2015 12:38 am

Post by PeaceBringer »

In post 1779, davesaz wrote:I don't see any way that wanting town to do something useful is a scumtell.

It is null but it is all selective.
Thor665
Thor665
Papa Smurf
Thor665
Papa Smurf
Papa Smurf

Post Post #1781 (ISO) » Fri Jun 12, 2015 4:39 am

Post by Thor665 »

In post 1766, Nero Cain wrote:Thor, do you have a town read on Sen?

If Sen is Senator - then yes. I already stated as such.

In post 1768, PeaceBringer wrote:THor I don't play the way you do and I am not going to go point by point.
I have to go back and get a reread on the zabing situation.
I play differently. Differently is not scum, it is just different.

Good plan, it wouldn't look good for you. But I will accept that as quiet acceptance that I'm not hypocritical and that you are indeed not doing anything.
I guess I look forward to your eventual read on a lurkflake slot?
Different is not assured scum, I agree.
But playing scummy and calling it different is not actually a valid defense of scummy play. Your play is not pro-town play, therefore it is valid to have issue with it.

In post 1769, PeaceBringer wrote:
In post 1752, Thor665 wrote:Pere as null because he hasn't done anything alignment indicative that I have seen - do you see something I should pay attention to?

I don't like the feel of his game. I have been in a few games with him. Just something different here.

So 'gut'.
Meh, I don't feel it - not going to support a wagon there at this moment. Hope that clarifies my stance on Pere for you.
Thor665
Thor665
Papa Smurf
Thor665
Papa Smurf
Papa Smurf

Post Post #1782 (ISO) » Fri Jun 12, 2015 7:18 am

Post by Thor665 »

8 days till deadline.

The only vote move since yesterday is SimSun voting me for trying to direct votes.

Just saying.
Thor665
Thor665
Papa Smurf
Thor665
Papa Smurf
Papa Smurf

Post Post #1783 (ISO) » Fri Jun 12, 2015 7:20 am

Post by Thor665 »

Actually, I forgot about RIP and Nero hopping to Zabing the lurkflake.
I'm actually okay with that wagon move.

People should still be consolidating a lot more than they are currently.
Titus
Titus
She/her
Moon Walker
Titus
She/her
Moon Walker
Moon Walker
Pronoun: She/her

Post Post #1784 (ISO) » Fri Jun 12, 2015 7:21 am

Post by Titus »

Let's see what happens...

Prod Dodge
Show
The scum had the misfortune of Titus being absurdly accurate on day one.Really quite impressed by that.~Drixx

You're letting Titus win the game by herself.Good luck now I guess.You have no chance to win.~Tywin

GTKTitus Part 2
Titus Academy

VLA Friday nights until Sunday morning.

All hail the Scum Empress!
MonkeyMan576
MonkeyMan576
Jack of All Trades
MonkeyMan576
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #1785 (ISO) » Fri Jun 12, 2015 10:08 am

Post by MonkeyMan576 »

Zabing12 will be replaced.
MonkeyMan576
MonkeyMan576
Jack of All Trades
MonkeyMan576
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #1786 (ISO) » Fri Jun 12, 2015 10:32 am

Post by MonkeyMan576 »

PerigrineV has been prodded.
ChannelDelibird
ChannelDelibird
He/they
Card Czar
ChannelDelibird
He/they
Card Czar
Card Czar
Pronoun: He/they

Post Post #1787 (ISO) » Fri Jun 12, 2015 10:52 am

Post by ChannelDelibird »

Catching up with this over the next couple of hours.
#greenshirtthursdays
Sinsun1
Sinsun1
Goon
Sinsun1
Goon
Goon

Post Post #1788 (ISO) » Fri Jun 12, 2015 10:55 am

Post by Sinsun1 »

Well this day is becoming unproductive realistically, I kinda wish we had a mass kill option to rid of those who aren't contributing what so ever.

1. Klingoncelt - Active
2. Channel Delibird - Active
3. davesaz - Active
4. Senator - Active
5. Narninian - Active
6. ArcAngel9 - V/LA
7.displaced - ???
8. Zabing12 - ???
10. Peacebringer - Active
12. Titus - Active
13. Sinsun1 - Active
14. RIP - Active Troll
16. Thor665 - Active
17. PeregrineV - Active
18. Nero Cain - Active
20. Jamierus - ???
21. LittleGumball - ???

This is just off the top of my head as people I remember posting in the past while. Maybe I missed some or saw so much from one I marked as active even if they aren't. But let's see, we need 9 to lynch, we have about 11-12 active people. Now correct me if I am wrong here, but we have 21 people total in this game, with 4 dead as town. We have roughly around 7 anti-town and 10 town left (roughly, never know, it's up to mod to pick). We're at about 7 anti-town and 10 town. Now let's pretend all anti-town is active for a second here. That would mean we have 5 inactive town (assuming all inactives are town and anti-town are all currently active). With 7 active anti-town and 5 active town. This furthers my reason why I am against Thor, right now the active majority may very well be mafia/3rd party so the majority "consensus" wagon could easily be controlled by anti-town.

With Thor trying to control votes, yes, I find it scummy when they could be controlling the majority of active players currently. I do find that behaviour scummy as hell at this point without him outing any good information because it's too easy that he's scum leading town in the wrong direction and my guess right now is that's exactly what he is.

Anyone defending his train of thought and telling me to switch, either you're a blind town or buddying him trying to coerce me to change off of him. I will not until I see his neck with rope around it dangling from a tree and a crow picking at his flesh.
Thor665
Thor665
Papa Smurf
Thor665
Papa Smurf
Papa Smurf

Post Post #1789 (ISO) » Fri Jun 12, 2015 11:26 am

Post by Thor665 »

Do you think all theory 7 scum are aligned?
Because otherwise I don't really grok your issue.
Thor665
Thor665
Papa Smurf
Thor665
Papa Smurf
Papa Smurf

Post Post #1790 (ISO) » Fri Jun 12, 2015 12:03 pm

Post by Thor665 »

Eh, actually, don't bother answering that question - I townread you now and I don't need the headache.
Klingoncelt
Klingoncelt
Jack of All Trades
Klingoncelt
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #1791 (ISO) » Fri Jun 12, 2015 12:24 pm

Post by Klingoncelt »

In post 1789, Thor665 wrote:Do you think all theory 7 scum are aligned?
Because otherwise I don't really grok your issue.

In post 1790, Thor665 wrote:Eh, actually, don't bother answering that question - I townread you now and I don't need the headache.

Why do you Townread Sinsun?

Just curious because this is his best post so far and it's mostly Information over Analysis.

I have him at Lean Scum.
Klingoncelt: "The whole scumteam slipped on page 1. It's the new meta. Sheep me because my reads are so accurate that whoever I name gets mod-converted to scum."
-
MiniDeathStar
PeaceBringer
PeaceBringer
Posts Blindly
PeaceBringer
Posts Blindly
Posts Blindly

Post Post #1792 (ISO) » Fri Jun 12, 2015 12:46 pm

Post by PeaceBringer »

In post 1781, Thor665 wrote:But playing scummy and calling it different is not actually a valid defense of scummy play. Your play is not pro-town play, therefore it is valid to have issue with it.

scummy is a pejorative with little meaning
PeaceBringer
PeaceBringer
Posts Blindly
PeaceBringer
Posts Blindly
Posts Blindly

Post Post #1793 (ISO) » Fri Jun 12, 2015 12:47 pm

Post by PeaceBringer »

In post 1781, Thor665 wrote:Hope that clarifies my stance on Pere for you.

basically you got nothing is your stance...
ChannelDelibird
ChannelDelibird
He/they
Card Czar
ChannelDelibird
He/they
Card Czar
Card Czar

Post Post #1794 (ISO) » Fri Jun 12, 2015 12:58 pm

Reading everything from the start of Day 3, will put conclusions into a longer post. Just quoting this because it'd fuck up the formatting if I saved it for that post:

In post 1665, PeregrineV wrote:If you have something that speaks stronger than this post about who the Hider picked to investigate, then please give it. Otherwise, it's WAYYYYY too obvious he hid behind you.

Two deaths on Night 1, one of them a Hider
One death on Night 2
#greenshirtthursdays
ChannelDelibird
ChannelDelibird
He/they
Card Czar
ChannelDelibird
He/they
Card Czar
Card Czar

Post Post #1795 (ISO) » Fri Jun 12, 2015 12:59 pm

In post 1673, ArcAngel9 wrote:I ll be gone fro 10 days from this Wednesday. I want to sort my reads before that... I am going to Thailand.

Mod, Please note my V/LA from 11th June to 21 June, I ll be returning on 22nd and I probably wont have internet while I am on vacation

WHY DID YOU JOIN THIS GAME FFS
#greenshirtthursdays
Thor665
Thor665
Papa Smurf
Thor665
Papa Smurf
Papa Smurf

Post Post #1796 (ISO) » Fri Jun 12, 2015 1:17 pm

Post by Thor665 »

In post 1791, Klingoncelt wrote:Why do you Townread Sinsun?

Town paranoia whilst selling the idea of seven aligned scum.

In post 1792, PeaceBringer wrote:scummy is a pejorative with little meaning

Agreed, it is still the entire basis of the game we are playing.
Thor665
Thor665
Papa Smurf
Thor665
Papa Smurf
Papa Smurf

Post Post #1797 (ISO) » Fri Jun 12, 2015 1:19 pm

Post by Thor665 »

In post 1794, ChannelDelibird wrote:Reading everything from the start of Day 3, will put conclusions into a longer post. Just quoting this because it'd fuck up the formatting if I saved it for that post:

In post 1665, PeregrineV wrote:If you have something that speaks stronger than this post about who the Hider picked to investigate, then please give it. Otherwise, it's WAYYYYY too obvious he hid behind you.

Two deaths on Night 1, one of them a Hider
One death on Night 2

I feel like you think this is a knockout - but I fail to see how it is.
Whether or not there is one scum group shooting does not actually suggest the Hider didn't hide behind scum.
What am I missing here?
ChannelDelibird
ChannelDelibird
He/they
Card Czar
ChannelDelibird
He/they
Card Czar
Card Czar

Post Post #1798 (ISO) » Fri Jun 12, 2015 1:21 pm

Senator is behaving with extraordinarily unearned arrogance and just taking everything that isn't explicitly agreeing with him as butthurt scummy, but I think this mindset is more commonly seen in town. Bad town. Very bad town. But town. I also probably agree with him when he says that scum were likely sitting around a bit while he had the largest wagon, hoping that it would be pushed through.

Sinsun's desire to sheep dead people as of 1556 is probably a towntell as long as he actually goes ahead and does the work to see who the dead people suspected ... and no, he doesn't, despite getting an answer to his question about if an iso feature exists.
Sinsun, why did you drop your desire to follow who the dead people suspected?

Jesus, this game is so fucking empty. There are a full three slots from which we've had essentially nothing (ArcAngel9, Zabing12, LittleGumball). It is beyond a fucking joke that the mod has allowed LittleGumball to just fucking disappear on V/LA for over two weeks, it is beyond a fucking joke that ArcAngel replaced in knowing that she was about to go V/LA with no internet access.

Jamierus is close to that level of nothingness, but he's actually posted a handful of times and his pattern more closely matches 'scum who really can't put in the effort, especially when people aren't pestering him', so I'd entirely welcome a policy-ish lynch on him because I think it's got a decent chance of getting results.

I'd be saying similar things about displaced in terms of a lack of posting frequency likely implicating an inability to invest much effort into a scumgame, but his posts when he makes them are sufficiently extensive and inquisitive that I come back more to townish.

Klingoncelt posts with a sensible frequency with basic legibility and sanity which, given how some others are approaching things, probably means that we should leave her completely alone for at least three Days for our own mental health. Same more or less goes for Narninian, though I'm not a huge fan of the suddenness of his conversion to my wagon.

Thor is likely town by role.

From what I've read of RIP, I don't think that he has his town self-confidence here. All I see is a very poor excuse for why it's not here. He's probably scum.

Probably take Nero for town.

No idea about davesaz; nothing that he has done in this game has been at all memorable. Might be easier to read later when the numbers thin.

If there's scum in the Senator/Peacebringer argument, it's PeaceBringer, but I've seen town get lost in extensive diversions with infuriating posters and he does go for it quite a bit, so I lean ever-so-slightly townish. I'm pretty meh on the rest of his play, though.

Not really got any idea about PeregrineV. The crusade on me doesn't seem very alignment-indicative either way (Town could certainly fixate on that interpretation but it's also very easy to fake as scum to give your Day play some direction) and he doesn't usually read very easily to me in other games so I guess I'm just hoping he'll get sorted out at some point.

No idea about Titus, probably never will, whatever
#greenshirtthursdays
ChannelDelibird
ChannelDelibird
He/they
Card Czar
ChannelDelibird
He/they
Card Czar
Card Czar

Post Post #1799 (ISO) » Fri Jun 12, 2015 1:26 pm

In post 1797, Thor665 wrote:I feel like you think this is a knockout - but I fail to see how it is.
Whether or not there is one scum group shooting does not actually suggest the Hider didn't hide behind scum.
What am I missing here?

When I saw the Night 1 flips, I thought 'Max hid behind Saint? Yeah, that makes sense' and thought nothing more of it. I mean, I guess you're right that it doesn't preclude the Hider from hiding behind scum, but a claimed miller seems a pretty sensible hider target. There's also the fact that I know I'm town, so I know that either there was something fucky like a redirector (I'm not ruling anything out in a game with fucking Roddenberry) or (more likely) he just targeted Saint and ate the nightkill.

I thought Saint was pretty obvtown after our flavour debate, so yeah, decent hider target if you gamble that scum are going to try to kill a positive utility power role instead of a miller.
#greenshirtthursdays

Return to “Completed Large Theme Games”