Star Trek Deep Space Nine Season 1 Mafia(game over!)

ChannelDelibird
ChannelDelibird
He/they
Card Czar
ChannelDelibird
He/they
Card Czar
Card Czar
Pronoun: He/they

Post Post #1750 (ISO) » Wed Jun 10, 2015 11:58 am

Post by ChannelDelibird »

Whoops. Hang on. Investment in this game has been pretty low since I realised the depth of the shitshow. Can't promise being caught up tonight but I'll aim for some contributions tomorrow.
#greenshirtthursdays
Klingoncelt
Klingoncelt
Jack of All Trades
Klingoncelt
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #1751 (ISO) » Wed Jun 10, 2015 1:08 pm

Post by Klingoncelt »

In post 1737, Thor665 wrote:
In post 1732, Klingoncelt wrote:I've been taking notes, they're not nearly complete yet, but from what little I have, CDB leans Town.
PeaceBringer's on my list to go through later tonight - I have trouble reading him.

How long have you been in this game that you're still needing to take notes to figure out reads?

If I don't know a player (there are several in this game I don't know) I'll ISO not only this game, but go into their profile and search through everything they've done here. I continually update their in-game ISOs as the game progresses. In a game this size I'm lucky if I can get to half the players.

In post 1732, Klingoncelt wrote:RIP is definitely playing very strangely.

Scummy strange, 'derp, hat on mah head!' strange, or 'not my usual style' strange.
This comment is of little help to me.

Not his usual style strange. He's ESL, and can get goofy, but he usually posts more often and with some content.

In post 1732, Klingoncelt wrote:Why do I not encourage others to help me build that wagon? Because usually when I call out for sheep I get mislynched. (I'm one of those that are always read as Scum regardless of alignment. :( ) I'll say my piece and if others agee they can climb on board. If they don't I'll make note of it and FoS them. For later.

:neutral:
There are two key parts to playing a good town game.

1. Spotting scum.
2. Lynching scum.

You're basically claiming to be doing only one of these.
Whoop-dee-doo, that's not going to help us win even if you're right. So what's the point at that stage?

That's your cross to bear. If you agree with my reasoning, jump on the wagon. Or not.
Klingoncelt: "The whole scumteam slipped on page 1. It's the new meta. Sheep me because my reads are so accurate that whoever I name gets mod-converted to scum."
-
MiniDeathStar
Thor665
Thor665
Papa Smurf
Thor665
Papa Smurf
Papa Smurf

Post Post #1752 (ISO) » Wed Jun 10, 2015 3:14 pm

Post by Thor665 »

In post 1742, PeaceBringer wrote:Revisit means run him up again... he got off scott free- happens a lot around here... it is stupid

Why was he worth the initial run up?
Who do you think derailed his wagon?

In post 1744, PeaceBringer wrote:why do you have Narn town and no issue with pere?

Narn town due to his readslist.
Pere as null because he hasn't done anything alignment indicative that I have seen - do you see something I should pay attention to?

In post 1743, Titus wrote:No seriously, I have known Thor the longest and he knows my game well. In the last game we played I read him totally wrong. So I am reluctant to put my thoughts out until they can be clear to me.

But not reluctant to claim the conclusion? Meh.
This is kinda dumb and assuredly a time waster - what are your value calls on CDB vs. Peacebringer - that Senator wagon is dead in the water. Move.

In post 1745, PeaceBringer wrote:what do you consider helpful and how are others fitting into that helpful mode?

Scumhunting and proactive vote movement.
Others are doing it - you are not.

In post 1745, PeaceBringer wrote:How is interaction, say for example, different than Narn and Pere who have done nothing, really?

Narn has allowed me to townread him - Pere is hard pushing a read.

In post 1745, PeaceBringer wrote: Or is my "nothing" more prone to wig you out?

Your nothing is absolutely not in the same ballpark as theirs.

In post 1746, PeaceBringer wrote:2 more people I would say have done nothing RIP and Zabing done compared to me who you think has done nothing?

I agree, both of them are worthy of wagons. I don't understand how I implied different at any stage in this game.

In post 1747, PeaceBringer wrote:and what have you done.

Offered clear reads and pushed a prime scumspect clearly.

In post 1747, PeaceBringer wrote:YOu have not lynched scum

Naturally - no one has. What of it?

In post 1747, PeaceBringer wrote:and right now you are just defending folks who are randomly doing nothing and pointing at others.

I agree - I am offering town and scum reads and making a stand on them.

In post 1747, PeaceBringer wrote:Sure, it is how you play the game, but you are presenting hypocritical arrogance if you are town. If you are scum, please, by all means, continue.

I don't think you and I agree on what constitutes hypocrisy.

In post 1750, ChannelDelibird wrote:Whoops. Hang on. Investment in this game has been pretty low since I realised the depth of the Smurfshow. Can't promise being caught up tonight but I'll aim for some contributions tomorrow.

Are you trying to claim scum?
It's working on me, if you are.

In post 1751, Klingoncelt wrote:If I don't know a player (there are several in this game I don't know) I'll ISO not only this game, but go into their profile and search through everything they've done here. I continually update their in-game ISOs as the game progresses. In a game this size I'm lucky if I can get to half the players.

What players have you completed and what are your reads on them?

In post 1751, Klingoncelt wrote:That's your cross to bear. If you agree with my reasoning, jump on the wagon. Or not.

I don't think you remotely understand my issue or how your play is anti-town in my opinion.
Nero Cain
Nero Cain
Survivor
Nero Cain
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #1753 (ISO) » Wed Jun 10, 2015 3:19 pm

Post by Nero Cain »

In post 1737, Thor665 wrote:Outside of their general lurkishness, is there a reason for this?

RIP? not really

In post 1041, Nero Cain wrote:TBF, I had actully got her and Millar mixed up but...

In post 1039, Klingoncelt wrote:
In post 907, Senator wrote:Are a good portion of the votes on Zabing not weak?

All of the votes on Zabing are scummy. Go to her profile page and ISO her. She's a noob that played only in the MishMash forum. This game was too much for her to deal with.

If she is new explain why

In post 299, zabing12 wrote:Nero, I think of you as one of those guys who shows up really late and just solves all of the problems.

is townie. She's never played with me (or any mafia) according to "played only in the MishMash forum" so how would she know about me?

+ I wasn't a big fan of her 603 or 605.

In post 1124, zabing12 wrote:

You want to see my reaction? Fine. THat is all true.

What do you think of this?

In post 1748, PeaceBringer wrote:hey Nero, you pretty much have suspected me every game we have been in.

have I? I don't remember being all that suspicious of you in Masquerade but I wouldn't put it past myself. I think you play pretty anti-town to make yourself hard to read but what confuses is is that on d1 when you did nothing you were "ok" with me suspecting you but now you are up in arms? What have you done that should have made me drop my suspicion of you?

In post 1750, ChannelDelibird wrote:
Whoops. Hang on. Investment in this game has been pretty low since I realised the depth of the shitshow
. Can't promise being caught up tonight but I'll aim for some contributions tomorrow.

I really don't like this post. Its not like the game state is toxic (atleast not yet) You are getting ran up 'cause folks think you were hid behind and there's a peace wagon since he's not doing anything so your description of this as a "shitshow" is odd. This is one of the tamer games I've played in.
Of all tyrannies,a tyranny sincerely exercised for the good of its victims may be the most oppressive. It would be better to live under robber barons than under omnipotent moral busybodies. The robber baron's cruelty may sometimes sleep but those who torment us for our own good will torment us without end they do so with the approval of their own conscience.

edited c.s. lewis quote b/c limit
ChannelDelibird
ChannelDelibird
He/they
Card Czar
ChannelDelibird
He/they
Card Czar
Card Czar
Pronoun: He/they

Post Post #1754 (ISO) » Wed Jun 10, 2015 3:49 pm

Post by ChannelDelibird »

I don't think the game state is toxic nor do I think my wagon is truly terrible, though I think it's probably pretty bad because the supposed crumb really doesn't look like how a hider actually crumbs things (plus I know he didn't and the deaths support Max having hid behind Saint on Night 1, not me). I also suspect that scum are more likely to support my wagon as an opportunity to mislynch someone who can occasionally be good at scumhunting but lost cred for that maddening LQ flip.

My real frustration is that Roddenberry was a role in this DS9 season 1 game, that the mod might have hinted at it while we were running him up, that LQ played it so infuriatingly poorly, that the first thing we got after finally removing LQ's avalanche of nonsense was an incoherent wave of senator/pisskop bullshit, that frankly a lot of the people left alive are varying degrees of frustrating or irritating to me (I would normally actively avoid playing with at least one of them).

Basically I don't trust any evidence of the first 70 pages of this game that the rest of the game will be any fun for me. And it's not that I chose to ignore the game as a result - I fully intend to play it through and try to win - but I can't really help that my mind has been wandering to other, more exciting things on this site when I'm logged in.
#greenshirtthursdays
Nero Cain
Nero Cain
Survivor
Nero Cain
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #1755 (ISO) » Wed Jun 10, 2015 4:34 pm

Post by Nero Cain »

eh, fair enough but I expect to start seeing things from you shortly or you can go the way of Mary of Scots.
Of all tyrannies,a tyranny sincerely exercised for the good of its victims may be the most oppressive. It would be better to live under robber barons than under omnipotent moral busybodies. The robber baron's cruelty may sometimes sleep but those who torment us for our own good will torment us without end they do so with the approval of their own conscience.

RIP
RIP
Mafia Scum
RIP
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #1756 (ISO) » Wed Jun 10, 2015 6:27 pm

Post by RIP »

Be here tomorrow. Crazy week but get off early manana
displaced
displaced
Goon
displaced
Goon
Goon

Post Post #1757 (ISO) » Wed Jun 10, 2015 11:20 pm

Post by displaced »

In post 1647, Senator wrote:hmm? the logic for the push was bad. The empty content of it was bad. It let scum hide in his lynch.

You think scum could be hiding in his lynch but not driving his lynch?

In post 1656, Sinsun1 wrote:I'm keeping my vote on Senator for a few reasons.

1.) If he's town, scum could have easily bandwagoned him by now and lynched him off.

2.) If he's scum, his lynch will show that people who were not ready to vote him until it was obvious he was going to be the lynch target to be possible scum.

So he's either scum or will show where the scum should be.

Struggling to find words so this will have to do; :eek:

In post 1669, PeregrineV wrote:
In post 1513, displaced wrote:I dont think so, he left no indicator he would check him, and it would also mean he doubted the claim. Did he?

Brief look at Maxwell iso doesn't show Saint's alignment as a burning question.

Yeah Ive had chance to look more closely, Max did have some suspicion of the miller claim, but it's way back in the beginning, around post #310. There's minimal interaction or discussion from then on in.

In post 1671, davesaz wrote:I tend to agree with the analysis in , but that assumes "correct" play on the part of Maxwell. I've been burned before by assuming correct play.
Thor's play appears to be town, based on the questioning method.
Senator is acting the same way I've seen him act before, when town being scumread for illogical (in his mind) reasons. Not enough for a strong town read but clearly town side of null.

I didnt get the impression from reading Maxwell that he was incapable, or a noob. If that were the case, I'd definitely feel less confident of the play here.

I agree Thor looks town, but obligatory "Thor is Thor" caveat

I lean town on Senator right now mainly because of the PR claim and claim of being roleblocked. In my experience, scum claim being roleblocked in this sort of situation very infrequently. I dont think it's the right thing to do, but it is a reasonable strength town tell imo

In post 1672, Thor665 wrote:
In post 1668, PeregrineV wrote:Leaning town on Titus, but that's always grain-of-salt read.

I currently lean that way also.

I get the feeling Titus is being consciously less spewy than normal, and that gives me towntingles.

I should be a slight town just based off my narf claim, really. But, sure.

Narf claim? I am missing something here

In post 1692, Thor665 wrote:
I find the CDB thing a pretty reasonable stretch, myself. The only other stance is 'the Hider was played poorly' which is a reasonable stance to take, but the CDB issue has to be at least just as likely methinks..

Even if we take these as being equally likely, it still means CDb is the best lynch today, right?

In post 1706, Klingoncelt wrote:

, , , , , , .

Iso-ing has him posting better on Day 1, but he's mainly going after noobs and lurkers.

He hasn't posted anywhere since Saturday, btw.

Quoting this to remind me to look at this later.
Titus
Titus
She/her
Moon Walker
Titus
She/her
Moon Walker
Moon Walker
Pronoun: She/her

Post Post #1758 (ISO) » Thu Jun 11, 2015 4:46 am

Post by Titus »

@CDB, there is a reason I almost never read and just look at VCA when subbing in. You just hit it.

@Thor, you trying to say I must vote CDB or PB does not make me want to vote either of them.
Show
The scum had the misfortune of Titus being absurdly accurate on day one.Really quite impressed by that.~Drixx

You're letting Titus win the game by herself.Good luck now I guess.You have no chance to win.~Tywin

GTKTitus Part 2
Titus Academy

VLA Friday nights until Sunday morning.

All hail the Scum Empress!
Senator
Senator
Goon
Senator
Goon
Goon

Post Post #1759 (ISO) » Thu Jun 11, 2015 5:08 am

Post by Senator »

Im not a huge fan of the idea of Max crumbing a CDB hide, but I guess its better than killing me because Titus was wrong :P
Coulda gone pro if I hadn't joined the Navy.
Thor665
Thor665
Papa Smurf
Thor665
Papa Smurf
Papa Smurf

Post Post #1760 (ISO) » Thu Jun 11, 2015 7:26 am

Post by Thor665 »

In post 1757, displaced wrote:Even if we take these as being equally likely, it still means CDb is the best lynch today, right?

In a statistical vacuum of reads - assuredly yes.

In post 1758, Titus wrote:@Thor, you trying to say I must vote CDB or PB does not make me want to vote either of them.

Okay...are you arguing that your Senator push is going "anywhere at all"?
Because it's pretty clear that it isn't. Which means my *core* point of "your vote is being useless" is provably true. At that stage I suppose you can ignore my value call on what the two most viable wagons are - but it is *STILL* intrinsic upon you to get off your duff and do something rather than to ragdoll, yeah?

In post 1753, Nero Cain wrote:What do you think of this?

I fail to follow how only playing in Mishmash games and being a "n00b" precludes his ability to be aware of players.
I already fail to have a town vibe towards Zabing so...I guess you have encouraged thaat, but I also hardly see a slam dunk of a case either - I think the case on CDB is stronger, and I think my gut on Peacebringer is functionally equally valid.
Thor665
Thor665
Papa Smurf
Thor665
Papa Smurf
Papa Smurf

Post Post #1761 (ISO) » Thu Jun 11, 2015 8:11 am

Post by Thor665 »

Since I joined the game 4 days ago there have been a grand total of;

10 votes placed.
2 naked unvotes.
All done by a total of 7 different players.

There are still 17 players alive in this game.
4 players aren't even voting right now.
We have only 9 days till deadline.
The largest wagon is currently at L-5
3 separate players have claimed they wish to see multiple wagons this day phase.
An additional 2 expressed issue with how there was only one wagon to analyze.

I am just going to go out on a limb and suggest that there are potential solutions out there at the moment.
Hint: get your vote in play/consolidate your vote.
Also, if we don't adjust pace it will assuredly be a deadline lynch - is everyone else okay with that? I think those usually end sloppily and not good for town - of course if no one else has an issue with it we can continue doing what we're doing, but if you don't think that's a good idea I would point you to my Hint above.
Thor665
Thor665
Papa Smurf
Thor665
Papa Smurf
Papa Smurf

Post Post #1762 (ISO) » Thu Jun 11, 2015 8:13 am

Post by Thor665 »

@Mod - we also have multiple players in 10+ day absences. I fully understand that replacements at this stage are an issue, but...seriously, they're not playing the game. It's kind of uncool. Feel free to make me a DayVig - I'll sort this business in short order.

The only players that are violating their posting requirements are zabing12, who will be replaced soon, and Jamerius, who has been prodded.
Last edited by MonkeyMan576 on Thu Jun 11, 2015 10:00 am, edited 2 times in total.
Sinsun1
Sinsun1
Goon
Sinsun1
Goon
Goon

Post Post #1763 (ISO) » Thu Jun 11, 2015 9:32 am

Post by Sinsun1 »

Thor665 wrote:
@Mod - we also have multiple players in 10+ day absences. I fully understand that replacements at this stage are an issue, but...seriously, they're not playing the game. It's kind of uncool. Feel free to make me a DayVig - I'll sort this business in short order.

Or you know, up my power so I can see if they're not talking because they're scum or not talking because they're simply inactive. XDD

Anyway, this whole day is a cluster____ like yesterday. Right now I am wanting to lynch RIP for his glaringly apparent lack of interest in this game that he posts but with no content nor caring to try what so ever. I just feel like Senator is scum or will give us good reads as to where scum will be. But give me that day vig power and I'd blow RIP's head off in a heartbeat.
Thor665
Thor665
Papa Smurf
Thor665
Papa Smurf
Papa Smurf

Post Post #1764 (ISO) » Thu Jun 11, 2015 9:52 am

Post by Thor665 »

In post 1763, Sinsun1 wrote:Anyway, this whole day is a cluster____ like yesterday.

No - it isn't.
What this day *is* is a lurk fest.
You are part and parcel of that problem as far as I can tell since your vote is currently on Senator (a dying/dead wagon) and you are complaining about RIP more than you are complaining about how the Senator wagon has literally shredded to pieces.

Would you be in support of either a Peacebringer lynch or a CDB lynch? I consider both of them fairly viable wagons at this stage and both are drastically in need of more support.
Which do you like better? Could/would you vote one of them? If not - I would at *least* suggest a move to RIP, a player multiple other players have expressed issue with and who, unlike Senator, has not had multiple people call him townish.

Just a thought.
Narninian
Narninian
Contracts STDs
Narninian
Contracts STDs
Contracts STDs

Post Post #1765 (ISO) » Thu Jun 11, 2015 10:37 am

Post by Narninian »

I'm basically V/LA the rest of today and tommorow during the day. I will do an ISO of RIP when I can though, my guts this would be a decent wagon though.
The extra in is for /in
Nero Cain
Nero Cain
Survivor
Nero Cain
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #1766 (ISO) » Thu Jun 11, 2015 11:13 am

Post by Nero Cain »

Thor, do you have a town read on Sen?

Sinsun1
Sinsun1
Goon
Sinsun1
Goon
Goon

Post Post #1767 (ISO) » Thu Jun 11, 2015 12:06 pm

Post by Sinsun1 »

In post 1764, Thor665 wrote:
In post 1763, Sinsun1 wrote:Anyway, this whole day is a cluster____ like yesterday.

No - it isn't.
What this day *is* is a lurk fest.
You are part and parcel of that problem as far as I can tell since your vote is currently on Senator (a dying/dead wagon) and you are complaining about RIP more than you are complaining about how the Senator wagon has literally shredded to pieces.

Would you be in support of either a Peacebringer lynch or a CDB lynch? I consider both of them fairly viable wagons at this stage and both are drastically in need of more support.
Which do you like better? Could/would you vote one of them? If not - I would at *least* suggest a move to RIP, a player multiple other players have expressed issue with and who, unlike Senator, has not had multiple people call him townish.

Just a thought.

Now what I have a problem with right here, is the fact that you're trying to direct my vote. I don't care what wagon has more people on it, but the fact that you do means you just want someone lynched. Not caring if they are scum or not. By this post of yours, you have slipped. You don't want me to have a reason to vote PB or CDB, both whom I town read. You just want me to vote them to get rid of them for you.

Want me to switch my vote? This post has been enough for me to do so.

UNVOTE: Senator
VOTE: Thor665

When people are trying to control votes when there is absolutely no factual information on the table like they outed as cop or something when they in fact did not, I am not okay with that, nor am I okay with anyone who sheeps them like they're their herder.

The part of the problem is that everyone is on V/LA for X amount of days every few days or getting replaced/asking for replacements regularly.

Also, if you did not notice the person you replaced for, towards the end of the day 1, people were beginning to suspect. Not only was the beginning of the "guess my name by day 3" thing weird, but TAL was scummy as all hell.

Now I have you the benefit of a doubt, for replacing in for him, that's no longer an excuse for me not to vote that spot nor is it enough anymore after reading you trying to direct town like you're cleared when your spot is one of the most suspicious out of all the outed/softed roles so far, not to mention how that spot has behaved by both TAL and yourself.

Now. My vote sticks. People seen how adamant I was about the LQ vote being good either way and I am in the belief that your motivations for pushing option A or B and trying to completely avoid the person I was voting for even if not many others were voting for him tells me that he is either your scum buddy or that you have an agenda to lynch certain people off before they figure you out. Too bad buster, your ass is grass after that post.
PeaceBringer
PeaceBringer
Posts Blindly
PeaceBringer
Posts Blindly
Posts Blindly

Post Post #1768 (ISO) » Thu Jun 11, 2015 2:14 pm

Post by PeaceBringer »

THor I don't play the way you do and I am not going to go point by point.
I have to go back and get a reread on the zabing situation.
I play differently. Differently is not scum, it is just different.
PeaceBringer
PeaceBringer
Posts Blindly
PeaceBringer
Posts Blindly
Posts Blindly

Post Post #1769 (ISO) » Thu Jun 11, 2015 2:16 pm

Post by PeaceBringer »

In post 1752, Thor665 wrote:Pere as null because he hasn't done anything alignment indicative that I have seen - do you see something I should pay attention to?

I don't like the feel of his game. I have been in a few games with him. Just something different here.
RIP
RIP
Mafia Scum
RIP
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #1770 (ISO) » Thu Jun 11, 2015 4:21 pm

Post by RIP »

I'm here.
What's going on
RIP
RIP
Mafia Scum
RIP
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #1771 (ISO) » Thu Jun 11, 2015 4:22 pm

Post by RIP »

I say let's kill the non posters before they get replaced
RIP
RIP
Mafia Scum
RIP
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #1772 (ISO) » Thu Jun 11, 2015 4:24 pm

Post by RIP »

zabing12

Also why Is peace and Kling voting me? Lol
Klingoncelt
Klingoncelt
Jack of All Trades
Klingoncelt
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #1773 (ISO) » Thu Jun 11, 2015 4:28 pm

Post by Klingoncelt »

In post 1771, RIP wrote:I say let's kill the non posters before they get replaced

In post 1772, RIP wrote:
zabing12

Also why Is peace and Kling voting me? Lol

Because you're a non-poster.

(p.s.
I think Zabing flaked and is being replaced. Don't vote for her slot until the replacement checks in.)
Klingoncelt: "The whole scumteam slipped on page 1. It's the new meta. Sheep me because my reads are so accurate that whoever I name gets mod-converted to scum."
-
MiniDeathStar
Nero Cain
Nero Cain
Survivor
Nero Cain
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #1774 (ISO) » Thu Jun 11, 2015 5:30 pm

Post by Nero Cain »

vote:Zabing

Return to “Completed Large Theme Games”