Star Trek Deep Space Nine Season 1 Mafia(game over!)

Riabi
Riabi
Goon
Riabi
Goon
Goon

Post Post #2000 (ISO) » Mon Jun 15, 2015 2:22 am

Post by Riabi »

In post 1999, Sinsun1 wrote:The second CDB flips town, I'm going to just vote only on the CDB wagon, because there's at least 3-4 scum on it.

In post 1999, Sinsun1 wrote:It's time to wake up and see that mafia (such as Kling and Nero) ...

Um...

Kling and Nero aren't on CDB's wagon. These two sentences are not consistent. Having one's thoughts/reads not be internally consistent from post to post is often a scum tell. It's a pretty serious scum tell when the inconsistency is right there in one post

This, combined with the OMGUS vote I mentioned earlier leads me to this...
VOTE: Sinsun
Nero Cain
Nero Cain
Survivor
Nero Cain
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #2001 (ISO) » Mon Jun 15, 2015 2:45 am

Post by Nero Cain »

TBF he's talking about my intent to hammer post, which was really just to move the game along. I kinda like CBD and am more worried that Sin knows he's town so he can just go on a lynch spree.
Of all tyrannies,a tyranny sincerely exercised for the good of its victims may be the most oppressive. It would be better to live under robber barons than under omnipotent moral busybodies. The robber baron's cruelty may sometimes sleep but those who torment us for our own good will torment us without end they do so with the approval of their own conscience.

edited c.s. lewis quote b/c limit
Riabi
Riabi
Goon
Riabi
Goon
Goon

Post Post #2002 (ISO) » Mon Jun 15, 2015 2:49 am

Post by Riabi »

In post 2001, Nero Cain wrote:TBF he's talking about my intent to hammer post, which was really just to move the game along. I kinda like CBD and am more worried that Sin knows he's town so he can just go on a lynch spree.

You like CBD as a lynch? Or you like him as a person/player?
Nero Cain
Nero Cain
Survivor
Nero Cain
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #2003 (ISO) » Mon Jun 15, 2015 3:02 am

Post by Nero Cain »

As a player, he doesn't seem as scummy now that he's doing things . Sins doom and gloom about scum trying to lynch an active player is all kinds of crazy and I'm going back and forth between manipulative scum and '15 join date that doesn't know how to play.
Of all tyrannies,a tyranny sincerely exercised for the good of its victims may be the most oppressive. It would be better to live under robber barons than under omnipotent moral busybodies. The robber baron's cruelty may sometimes sleep but those who torment us for our own good will torment us without end they do so with the approval of their own conscience.

Thor665
Thor665
Papa Smurf
Thor665
Papa Smurf
Papa Smurf

Post Post #2004 (ISO) » Mon Jun 15, 2015 3:11 am

Post by Thor665 »

In post 1997, Riabi wrote:* The CDB situation is weird... there's bad play there either way, and I'm not sure what to think of that. We don't have any way of knowing who goofed up, and I'm not sure we should be basing a wagon on bad play when we don't know who made the bad play.

Isn't that an exact description of why he should be lynched? Especially ASAP? Especially with a VT claim?

In post 2003, Nero Cain wrote:As a player, he doesn't seem as scummy now that he's doing things . Sins doom and gloom about scum trying to lynch an active player is all kinds of crazy and I'm going back and forth between manipulative scum and '15 join date that doesn't know how to play.

I went with the latter. It seems to hold far more water.
He strikes you as secretly manipulative?
Riabi
Riabi
Goon
Riabi
Goon
Goon

Post Post #2005 (ISO) » Mon Jun 15, 2015 3:21 am

Post by Riabi »

In post 2004, Thor665 wrote:
In post 1997, Riabi wrote:* The CDB situation is weird... there's bad play there either way, and I'm not sure what to think of that. We don't have any way of knowing who goofed up, and I'm not sure we should be basing a wagon on bad play when we don't know who made the bad play.

Isn't that an exact description of why he should be lynched? Especially ASAP? Especially with a VT claim?

Not necessarily if the goof up was scum killing a miller and CDB really is a VT. If that's what indeed happened, then all we really gain by lynching him is another green flip. And yes, I recognize that there is some info we get from that, but, I'd rather use the time we have to lynch people that have actually behaved like scum, and I just don't see that in this case.
Nero Cain
Nero Cain
Survivor
Nero Cain
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #2006 (ISO) » Mon Jun 15, 2015 3:42 am

Post by Nero Cain »

In post 2004, Thor665 wrote:He strikes you as secretly manipulative?

I think scum would be perfectly able to yell out "oh there's scum on the CBD wagon and Ima lynch from it!" Do you not think he is capable of such? Why?

displaced
displaced
Goon
displaced
Goon
Goon

Post Post #2007 (ISO) » Mon Jun 15, 2015 4:07 am

Post by displaced »

Looking at the RIP stuff KC pointed me at before I catch up

In post 1499, RIP wrote:Sup

In post 1504, RIP wrote:Sup

Yeah this is quite worthless, but not scummy per se, if anything scum would probably avoid making too many of this type of spam post.

In post 1506, RIP wrote:I won't lie I don't even remember which role I am in this game. I lost track and need to know what's going on.
Can u help KC?

In post 1507, RIP wrote:U think I would ever be scum in this spot?

Yeah I clocked onto the #1506 before, and the adjoining post is probably worse? #1506 looks like an attempt at a 'townslip' but #1507 is too self aware for it to be genuine, I think.

"Oops I forgot my role"

"^If I were scum I wouldn't say that ^"

In post 1510, RIP wrote:I see now. I remember this is the game with the double night bs
Feels like it's been a week since that happened.

Could still be mining for confused townie cred.

In post 1511, RIP wrote:What's latest VC?
Looks like Kling must be s wolf. She knows better

This is obviously wrong from a logical POV, but is it scummy or just bad?
displaced
displaced
Goon
displaced
Goon
Goon

Post Post #2008 (ISO) » Mon Jun 15, 2015 4:10 am

Post by displaced »

In post 2000, Riabi wrote:

This isnt going to happen. CDB/RIP are your choices. (Or no lynch if you prefer that...)
Thor665
Thor665
Papa Smurf
Thor665
Papa Smurf
Papa Smurf

Post Post #2009 (ISO) » Mon Jun 15, 2015 4:34 am

Post by Thor665 »

In post 2005, Riabi wrote:
In post 2004, Thor665 wrote:

Not necessarily if the goof up was scum killing a miller and CDB really is a VT. If that's what indeed happened, then all we really gain by lynching him is another green flip. And yes, I recognize that there is some info we get from that, but, I'd rather use the time we have to lynch people that have actually behaved like scum, and I just don't see that in this case.

I will agree that there is a chance that CDB is town (though this makes me scum, just ask Titus) but I fail to see or grok how that chance is any worse than the chance anyone has to be town at this stage. The issue is that the Hider thing is an issue, and it's a perfectly functional lynch other than that. Your case on Simsun. for instance, is based off derp play and OMGUS. I don't even accept either as particularly clear scumtells, so when I look at that vs. a lurker lynch in RIP, and a Hider check in CDB - I don't see a lot of particular win glowing from any of the wagons, but I know which makes more basic strategic sense to me.

In post 2006, Nero Cain wrote:
In post 2004, Thor665 wrote:He strikes you as secretly manipulative?

I think scum would be perfectly able to yell out "oh there's scum on the CBD wagon and Ima lynch from it!" Do you not think he is capable of such? Why?

That isn't what you initially accused him of. You accused him of intentionally playing badly in misrepresenting the quality of a wagon in order to make that call.
I do not see him as playing cunning on that level - no.
If you think he's just scum trying to avoid voting a lynch wagon, I could possibly get behind that idea, but he seemed perfectly willing to help lynch LQ, so I'm not sure that makes sense to then get gunshy at this stage unless you think the leading wagon is a buddy, in which case let's lynch CDB anyway.
Riabi
Riabi
Goon
Riabi
Goon
Goon

Post Post #2010 (ISO) » Mon Jun 15, 2015 4:36 am

Post by Riabi »

In post 2008, displaced wrote:

This isnt going to happen. CDB/RIP are your choices. (Or no lynch if you prefer that...)

I think it's pretty evident that they aren't my only choices, as I chose something else. It might not be a likely lynch, but, that doesn't mean I shouldn't vote my strongest read.
Thor665
Thor665
Papa Smurf
Thor665
Papa Smurf
Papa Smurf

Post Post #2011 (ISO) » Mon Jun 15, 2015 4:45 am

Post by Thor665 »

The three days till deadline does suggest you need to work it in hyperdrive if you wish to work it though.
ChannelDelibird
ChannelDelibird
He/they
Card Czar
ChannelDelibird
He/they
Card Czar
Card Czar
Pronoun: He/they

Post Post #2012 (ISO) » Mon Jun 15, 2015 4:48 am

Post by ChannelDelibird »

I'm not interested in a Sinsun lynch right now.

Probably not going to have much else to say at least today (IRL) because I'm pretty ill but I will be refreshing a lot so will try to answer any questions if they come up.
#greenshirtthursdays
Riabi
Riabi
Goon
Riabi
Goon
Goon

Post Post #2013 (ISO) » Mon Jun 15, 2015 4:55 am

Post by Riabi »

In post 2011, Thor665 wrote:The three days till deadline does suggest you need to work it in hyperdrive if you wish to work it though.

I just got into this game, and I've hardly played with anyone here. I don't think I have the charisma to pull off something like that right now. That said, I still believe my vote is in the best place right now, since I don't really like either of the wagons. I'll keep watching/reading, and if someone can convince me that lynching one of the two wagon targets is the best play, I will re-consider.
MonkeyMan576
MonkeyMan576
Jack of All Trades
MonkeyMan576
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #2014 (ISO) » Mon Jun 15, 2015 6:05 am

Post by MonkeyMan576 »

I am authorizing a three day extention due to the large number of replacements.
Thor665
Thor665
Papa Smurf
Thor665
Papa Smurf
Papa Smurf

Post Post #2015 (ISO) » Mon Jun 15, 2015 6:20 am

Post by Thor665 »

In post 2013, Riabi wrote:
In post 2011, Thor665 wrote:The three days till deadline does suggest you need to work it in hyperdrive if you wish to work it though.

I just got into this game, and I've hardly played with anyone here. I don't think I have the charisma to pull off something like that right now. That said, I still believe my vote is in the best place right now, since I don't really like either of the wagons. I'll keep watching/reading, and if someone can convince me that lynching one of the two wagon targets is the best play, I will re-consider.

This post is a cop out.

1. You don't think you can advance your wagon of choice.
2. You don't like any of the current active wagons.
3. So you're going to sit, immobile, on your wagon - not selling it, but inviting others to sell their wagons to you.

:neutral:

Look, if you think your wagon is actually good then sell it. Fuggin' sell it. I don't care if you're about as charismatic as the love child of MoI and Majiffy after a weekend bender. It is your wagon, you see scum, you need to make that clear, you need to tell people about it, it is on *you* and only you to make things happen. Worse case? You'll be proven right and nothing will change...which is exactly the best case scenario if you sit on your thumbs doing nothing, so you're risking nothing by at least giving enough of a fig to try.

Second off, if you dislike the other wagons, why in the world are you asking to be sold on them? That makes no sense. Either you are receptive to the wagons - in which case say so. Or you are not, in which case say that. But to say both? It makes you sound like a mop. Ready to be pushed around and soak up whatever dreck someone feels like shoving your face into. Is that what you are? A mop? Because if you're a mop what the hell is this solo vote gak? You either have opinions or don't, and both are okay in a general sense, but don't roar like a lion when you're a mop, and don't try to soak up stuff with your mane if you're a lion. Be what you are - and the first thing to do is figure out what the hell you are.

Thirdly - I literally just went into an opinion on your wagon, and my wagon,a nd even the RIP wagon - why not respond to that at the very least? I mean, you literally just asked for some opinions - and I gave you some. Yet you don't even talk to me about what was offered. So do you want to talk over stuff at all? Or if you do are you needing it in a different format? And if so - it's on you to clarify the format you need.

Fourthly - I lied when I said I wouldn't get annoyed this game. Trying to be sit back is hard as hell. I am continually bewildered by the path of site meta at the moment.
Sinsun1
Sinsun1
Goon
Sinsun1
Goon
Goon

Post Post #2016 (ISO) » Mon Jun 15, 2015 6:42 am

Post by Sinsun1 »

In post 2010, Riabi wrote:
In post 2008, displaced wrote:

I think it's pretty evident that they aren't my only choices, as I chose something else. It might not be a likely lynch, but, that doesn't mean I shouldn't vote my strongest read.

If I'm your strongest read, you have some serious soul searching to do with the 3 day extension given.

The worst part of all these replacements is that we have to basically give them somewhat a fresh start and/or remember who they are replacing. I almost feel like replacing out myself and never returning to the site BECAUSE of all the replacements. It's insane. Then add on all the ones on 1-2 week long V/LA. I feel bad for the mod, but that tells me almost everyone playing here is new to the site. That's why to be honest, I'd be hunting in the quiet ones, such as RIP, Jam, etc like CDB noted is because the other thing Saint and HI had in common I do believe is that they have been playing for a while. So the newer players without site meta would probably aim for the vets of this particular site (like they do on Epic Mafia which drove me away because I vetted almost everyone I played against so I got fear killed N1 basically every game I played and I ended up being doctor/cop more often than not).

Thor, I'm not sure if you're shit town or scum trying to have CDB lynched, but if you're town, you really need to step up your game and see that you're putting a townie on the lynch block over someone like RIP who plays like uncaring scum and unlike CDB, would not be useful to us in any shape or form in late game. He's not active and he's not very town-ish. CDB is town-ish and is active. So as far as I am concerned, pushing on him right now is a stupid town or scum tell when we need all the active townies we can get. Look at the two that are dead, ANOTHER thing they had in common was they were for the LQ lynch. That tells me that the scum that killed them were most likely in the group opposed to it. Which, correct me if I am wrong, your spot, TAL, was.
pisskop
pisskop
Survivor
pisskop
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #2017 (ISO) » Mon Jun 15, 2015 6:43 am

Post by pisskop »

vote: Sinsun

Can we hammer CDB yet?
beeboy - Everyone thought this game was made to troll pie but it was really made to troll pisskop.
Almost50 pisskop: Overall, that's a townie slot. Don't ask for specifics because with PK everything can be interpreted either way. It's probably WHEN he says/does things that matter, so it's more of a matter of conception rather than solid reasoning.
Senator
Senator
Goon
Senator
Goon
Goon

Post Post #2018 (ISO) » Mon Jun 15, 2015 6:44 am

Post by Senator »

In post 2017, pisskop wrote:
vote: Sinsun

Can we hammer CDB yet?

vote: CDB
Coulda gone pro if I hadn't joined the Navy.
Senator
Senator
Goon
Senator
Goon
Goon

Post Post #2019 (ISO) » Mon Jun 15, 2015 6:44 am

Post by Senator »

VOTE: sINSUN
Sinsun1
Sinsun1
Goon
Sinsun1
Goon
Goon

Post Post #2020 (ISO) » Mon Jun 15, 2015 6:46 am

Post by Sinsun1 »

Also, yes Thor, you do know what makes more strategic sense to you.. if you're mafia it makes PERFECT sense to lynch off active town. Kill them before they even knew what hit them.

Call my play derp play all you wish, but what I am saying makes sense. Mafia want the ACTIVE town gone in a game majorly involving inactives.

FP'd 3 times, lol, look, no explanations. They damn well know I'm spot on.
Senator
Senator
Goon
Senator
Goon
Goon

Post Post #2021 (ISO) » Mon Jun 15, 2015 6:47 am

Post by Senator »

I just don't like you. I support Riabi's crusade against unlikable people.
Sinsun1
Sinsun1
Goon
Sinsun1
Goon
Goon

Post Post #2022 (ISO) » Mon Jun 15, 2015 6:57 am

Post by Sinsun1 »

I'm dead tonight anyway because I'm active and town, two things scum are against right now so I'm just going to call this out for endgame which shouldn't be far away at this rate which again, I'm seriously thinking of asking for a replacement and just not returning. This game is definitely does not give this site a good view compared to another site I play on that might have 30 people tops who log in regularly, play the phases in 24-48 hour time frames and you get more quality posts from people with less noob-ish reads. This right here is town who does not give a shit about their win-con enough to scum hunt while scum is walking all the fuck over them.

So here's my list I'm calling out because it's soo painfully obvious it hurts.

Scum Team:
> Kling
> Senator
> Thor
> Nero
> LG
For the final 2, I am thinking Pere and RIP

You guys might as well lynch CDB and night kill me, not like there's enough active town left alive to give a shit. You killed Saint and got lucky killing Max to frame CDB and killed HI as well. Sure none of us were the town POWER roles, but we're all the active townies (whom may I remind, Day 1 I made a list of people I pretty much knew were town and thought were mafia and I was damn right on my town reads). So go ahead, you're not going to have enough active town to stop scum win anyway. Not with 6-7 against maybe 3-4 active town that aren't so bright.

FP'd by Senator. Senator, you've been obvious scum most of the game. Don't hide behind bandwagons and pretend you're not. You're the most obvious guy out there, just there's enough scum alive and inactive town to keep you around. If there wasn't you'd be gone and there'd be one less scum to deal with.
Senator
Senator
Goon
Senator
Goon
Goon

Post Post #2023 (ISO) » Mon Jun 15, 2015 7:03 am

Post by Senator »

Sinsun's so bad at logic I'd be happy to lynch him. Just for funzies.
Senator
Senator
Goon
Senator
Goon
Goon

Post Post #2024 (ISO) » Mon Jun 15, 2015 7:04 am

Post by Senator »

People like him are the reason we have fuckall information to use today. People like him and CDB and Titus. except the latter 2 are actually decent players, fme.

Return to “Completed Large Theme Games”