Micro 488: Forest Fire - Endgame

Micro Games (9 players or fewer). Archived during the 2023 queue overhaul.
sangres
sangres
Mafia Scum
sangres
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #825 (ISO) » Sat Jun 20, 2015 7:50 pm

Post by sangres »

Soft-spoken, now what?
Rancid Broderick Drake
Rancid Broderick Drake
Goon
Rancid Broderick Drake
Goon
Goon

Post Post #826 (ISO) » Sun Jun 21, 2015 2:47 am

Post by Rancid Broderick Drake »

I just wanted to say that you're all nice people and I love you all.

-naffin
Phenenas
Phenenas
He
Goon
Phenenas
He
Goon
Goon
Pronoun: He

Post Post #827 (ISO) » Sun Jun 21, 2015 4:57 am

Post by Phenenas »

Soft-spoken has been prodded.
There are some who call me...Tim.
YurikoJasmine
YurikoJasmine
Goon
YurikoJasmine
Goon
Goon

Post Post #828 (ISO) » Sun Jun 21, 2015 7:02 am

Post by YurikoJasmine »

I have an absolute headache reading this game because it's so different from the games I used to play. Right now I'm somewhere near page 10 and I'm still very loss in the sense that my scumdar just broken and does not work anymore. I'm going to bed and trying again tomorrow morning, hopefully at least read through the game and give some reads.

(I know you'll likely be saying I'm not commenting on anything again and just complaining about the set-up and the people and the game but I thought it is better that I report my status than lurking so)

talking about the setup I guess you are right if it passed the review it must be pretty normal and not biased so I think my strategy right now is trying to treat it as the games I played before and try making some reads (which is hard because your [not referring anyone in particular] game style is so different from the games I played before it's hard to tell whether it's scum tell or just playing around [e.g. saying that one is a PGO while such role does not even exist in this game])
I was NK-immuned but lynched Day 1. :/
Record: Won 3 Lost 7 Draw 0 \\ Ongoing: 0 (Living: 0)

Last year of school. Works two part-times.

**I'm from Hong Kong (GMT+8)
BBmolla
BBmolla
Open Book
BBmolla
Open Book
Open Book

Post Post #829 (ISO) » Sun Jun 21, 2015 9:01 am

Post by BBmolla »

hmmm
@thesupertriomusical on Instagram, come see it if you’re in LA area, I wrote it!
Gold Saucer
Gold Saucer
Goon
Gold Saucer
Goon
Goon

Post Post #830 (ISO) » Sun Jun 21, 2015 3:35 pm

Post by Gold Saucer »

Prod dodge; busy weekend.

-b
Gold Saucer
Gold Saucer
Goon
Gold Saucer
Goon
Goon

Post Post #831 (ISO) » Sun Jun 21, 2015 3:45 pm

Post by Gold Saucer »

Heh, I was coming in here to make that post.

I have some work to do, but I'll try to get caught up in a while.
Soft-spoken
Soft-spoken
Mafia Scum
Soft-spoken
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #832 (ISO) » Sun Jun 21, 2015 8:34 pm

Post by Soft-spoken »

soo.. a friend told me i should play
A GAME
of agar.io yesterday and i ended up spending ALL of my free time on it. dont go to that site or you will never see the sunlight again i swear to god.

anyways im catching up ... expect a block of quotes and responses soonish
Soft-spoken
Soft-spoken
Mafia Scum
Soft-spoken
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #833 (ISO) » Sun Jun 21, 2015 8:43 pm

Post by Soft-spoken »

In post 752, sangres wrote:
In post 658, Rancid Broderick Drake wrote:The solving-the-game part, I guess. So uh. Everything? What have you actually done as of this post? I don't even think you have a scum read outside of me.

The scumteam I was operating with earlier was you-Yuriko. I still think Yuriko is scum, but I'm not at all interested in pushing her today.
why in heavens name would you refuse to push on an easy lynch that you think is scum?????///??.!!!!!!!
Soft-spoken
Soft-spoken
Mafia Scum
Soft-spoken
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #834 (ISO) » Sun Jun 21, 2015 8:47 pm

Post by Soft-spoken »

In post 755, sangres wrote:
In post 660, Rancid Broderick Drake wrote:I would feel better about him if I'd liked any of the pushes he's done this game but uh... outside the gentlemen push and some issue he brought up with me, I don't actually think he's made any pushes.

Two things that I feel weird about wrt pieguy were his interactions with me and the way he's approaching Quilford-Softspoken (especially the weird half push on Quilford). I don't think Quilford's reasons for pushing S-S were particularly strong, sure, but they did feel genuine most of the way through.

i dont see how you can find someone to be genuine while they are twisting words, taking things out of context, and continuing to argue for the sake of argument
Soft-spoken
Soft-spoken
Mafia Scum
Soft-spoken
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #835 (ISO) » Sun Jun 21, 2015 8:49 pm

Post by Soft-spoken »

In post 756, sangres wrote:
In post 669, Rancid Broderick Drake wrote:What it looks like to me is Nacho going "hey, I'm gonna push muffin" and her going "OK, I'll support you if I see an opportunity..." or something along those lines. Which would explained the half-assed meta argument and the angle she's pushing with regards to my reaction to pieguy v you compared to bork's (where one happened before it was actually a thing and the other happened after...)

You're absolutely correct that Ffery's support of me is forced; I have a strong scum read on someone for reasons that are not incredibly compelling, she doesn't. She does see the use in hard-pushing a player like you out of the gate, and she agrees with the sentiment behind the push, and so she supports. The difference between her supporting here and her supporting scum-me's push is that she lets how uncomfortable she is leak into thread pretty obviously, whereas if she was scum she would be uncomfortable because she doesn't like being scum and then suck it up.
im with anyone else who hates nacho's posting in this thread
Soft-spoken
Soft-spoken
Mafia Scum
Soft-spoken
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #836 (ISO) » Sun Jun 21, 2015 8:53 pm

Post by Soft-spoken »

In post 757, sangres wrote:
In post 677, Gentlemen Bastards wrote:Pieguyn reading that and coming to the realization just felt like the right thing at the right time and I don't think she'd have backed off at this point if scum (she'd have probably done it earlier or not at all).

This seems... arbitrary.

how TF is this arbitrary. do you know what the word means?
Soft-spoken
Soft-spoken
Mafia Scum
Soft-spoken
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #837 (ISO) » Sun Jun 21, 2015 9:02 pm

Post by Soft-spoken »

In post 758, sangres wrote:
In post 692, Gold Saucer wrote:Nacho - what, in this post, was muffin supposed to town read pieguy for? And why is it not likely for him to think it's an overreaction and scummy, especially considering he was concerned about pieguy before this post?

my initial thoughts re: that push was that it was a strange line in the sand (and a horribly horribly horribly horribly early one) for pieguy to draw. when you make a push like that as scum, you're putting all of your eggs, all of your hopes and dreams, into a basket. when you push a player like that as scum, they will scum read you pretty much every time, and it's very very hard to make that suspicion go away after you make a push like that, especially after you give up your power after being inevitably forced to town read the slot. these risks are compounded exponentially with the setup. if you do successfully mislynch them by some stupid, stupid, miracle they are still alive forever to fuck you over. if you get them to give you a little space, fucking sucks for you because can't kill them the first night and killing them in the second is a massive waste. I didn't think pieguy would be willing to take a massive risk as scum so early.

I hate the whole "1st level scumtells are towny" argument. a first level scum-tell is a second level towntell, which is why pro scum will always be first level scummy. i have no idea how adept pie is at scum, but i townread pie for completely different reasons and i hate your reasons.
Soft-spoken
Soft-spoken
Mafia Scum
Soft-spoken
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #838 (ISO) » Sun Jun 21, 2015 9:03 pm

Post by Soft-spoken »

"which is why pro scum will always be first level scummy"

* in the company of good players
Soft-spoken
Soft-spoken
Mafia Scum
Soft-spoken
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #839 (ISO) » Sun Jun 21, 2015 9:08 pm

Post by Soft-spoken »

In post 766, Gentlemen Bastards wrote:
@ Soft -
Can you run me through the RBD vote? Also I wouldn't vote either of RBD or Sangres right now, leaning town on the both of them - having to pick between voting inside of two town reads is p stupid especially when the strength of both of them are about equal right now.

I voted RBD because i felt like it. not much to it.

i like how you pretended to answer my question though
Soft-spoken
Soft-spoken
Mafia Scum
Soft-spoken
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #840 (ISO) » Sun Jun 21, 2015 9:10 pm

Post by Soft-spoken »

In post 764, sangres wrote:
Vote: Pieguyn
wait... what?!?!?!?!?
Soft-spoken
Soft-spoken
Mafia Scum
Soft-spoken
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #841 (ISO) » Sun Jun 21, 2015 9:19 pm

Post by Soft-spoken »

well im closing in on being drunk as the alcohol kicks in and im finding myself yelling "bullshit" at every post so maybe ill just finish this later
Quilford
Quilford
Jack of All Trades
Quilford
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #842 (ISO) » Mon Jun 22, 2015 3:05 am

Post by Quilford »

hey heyo

i've finally got the laptop back and will start catching up tomoz
Rancid Broderick Drake
Rancid Broderick Drake
Goon
Rancid Broderick Drake
Goon
Goon

Post Post #843 (ISO) » Mon Jun 22, 2015 3:11 am

In post 824, BBmolla wrote:
In post 821, Gentlemen Bastards wrote:
@ Molla
- Want your current read on Pie/Us/Muffin with explanations behind them in detail plz.

Townish/No Idea/Scummish

Hey, bbMolla. I know there are a lot of walls in this game and it might be hypocritical of me to say this, but just because he asked for detail, doesn't mean you had to write so much - you could have been a little more concise.
Rancid Broderick Drake
Rancid Broderick Drake
Goon
Rancid Broderick Drake
Goon
Goon

Post Post #844 (ISO) » Mon Jun 22, 2015 3:32 am

In post 763, Gentlemen Bastards wrote:Willing to wait on your Quilford read more once you've gone through and ISO'ed him but consider this a reminder to get around to that.

Eh, I was hoping Quilford would have produced new content by the time I
stopped being lazy
had time to actually go through his ISO, but alas, it wasn't to be.

I'm going to give you a cop-out answer, since I don't really have a strong opinion on him. I see some things in his ISO that make me go "eh, could be town," and other things that don't make me feel all that good. I didn't like his initial posts in this game. I didn't mind his response to the whole pieguy-you fight. I don't think his interactions re:soft-spoken look all that bad and I could see them coming from either alignment, tbh (I understand the point of view that he might have been doing it to keep a mislynch on the table but eh, it wasn't really an unreasonable line of thinking for a town player to have).

Overall, he just hasn't really done much, and I don't really have any sort of strong town read on him, and that's about it. *shrug*
Rancid Broderick Drake
Rancid Broderick Drake
Goon
Rancid Broderick Drake
Goon
Goon

Post Post #845 (ISO) » Mon Jun 22, 2015 3:33 am

I had something I wanted to say to sangres but I forgot what it was.
Rancid Broderick Drake
Rancid Broderick Drake
Goon
Rancid Broderick Drake
Goon
Goon

Post Post #846 (ISO) » Mon Jun 22, 2015 3:46 am

In post 810, sangres wrote:And I think it's very very important we get real flips now for the sake of the game, and I also think it's important we wait to lynch the Yuriko a lot until it's blatantly obvious that it's not going to get replaced. If we mislynch Yuriko now, that's a big win for scum (my #1 priority if I were scum with not-Yuriko would be getting Yuriko lynched). If we hit scum with Yuriko, game state doesn't actually change that much since no one dies except the person not doing anything.

Oh, right. It was that I disagree with this in almost every way it is possible to disagree with this.

The worst possible scenario here is Yuriko is town-not-firefighter, and even then, not so bad since there's a mound of interactions around the Yuriko wagon because it's been a thing for most of the day.

I think there's a pretty decent chance she's just scum, though.

Anyway, probably going to be home (relatively) early tomorrow so might force myself to read shit here.

-Nati
Quilford
Quilford
Jack of All Trades
Quilford
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #847 (ISO) » Mon Jun 22, 2015 3:51 am

Post by Quilford »

In post 844, Rancid Broderick Drake wrote:alas, it wasn't to be.

best laid plans!!
YurikoJasmine
YurikoJasmine
Goon
YurikoJasmine
Goon
Goon

Post Post #848 (ISO) » Mon Jun 22, 2015 7:40 am

Post by YurikoJasmine »

I'm making VERY slow progress here. After reading the first 6 pages for three times, I think pie and GB are possibly both town as I can see both coming from town and the sensible scum approach would not to be arguing about things again and again.

Quilford also seemed town because he was asking genuine questions and trying to end the fight; scum would have wanted it to go on and on I suppose.

RBD started out difficult to read because they're just doing weird things like claiming PGO and claiming to be different persons while the posts are all from the same person (which is very confusing) so I probably need to read more posts to determine my read on them.

These are the only read I have up till page 6. I'm reading so slowly I'm hating myself. I also don't like it when I don't understand the first few pages where everyone is making references to meta and playstyle. (P-edit: when I say I don't like it I mean because I'm unable to check whether the claims are genuine and the meta logic is hard to understand out of context)
I was NK-immuned but lynched Day 1. :/
Record: Won 3 Lost 7 Draw 0 \\ Ongoing: 0 (Living: 0)

Last year of school. Works two part-times.

**I'm from Hong Kong (GMT+8)
sangres
sangres
Mafia Scum
sangres
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #849 (ISO) » Mon Jun 22, 2015 9:37 am

Post by sangres »

it appears that all the questions, comments and exclamations for Sangres atm are addressed to or are about Nacho. I'll go back to rereading S&S.

PSA: I consumed 60 mg of prednisone today, and will be taking the stuff for the next two weeks. prednisone does strange things to my mood and personality. I won't apologize in advance, because sometimes I'm more amusing than annoying when I have to take this hellspawn medication.

Return to “Mayfair Club [Micro Games]”