Mainez
Mainez
Mafia Scum
Mainez
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #650 (ISO) » Tue Jun 23, 2015 1:00 pm

Post by Mainez »

In post 643, Aristophanes wrote:@West (in regards to )
I don't think too many have played with me enough to have proper meta.
This is only my 6th game on this site and my 2nd (maybe third?) with Maniez.
2nd with a couple of people. I agree with this and it is a part of my townread on him as well.

actually we played with each other once only, but that's not exactly important.
Mainez
Mainez
Mafia Scum
Mainez
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #651 (ISO) » Tue Jun 23, 2015 1:10 pm

Post by Mainez »

In post 600, notquitethere wrote:
Big

I don't know whether it's just because it's a hydra, but I'm not getting as shady vibes from you than I did Bro. I've got to keep tabs on this as we go though.

can you explain this? regarding the vibes. what is it that they have posted (prior to this post of yours) and what about it makes you feel better about the slot? and how are you feeling about the slot now since you were keeping tabs on it.

you started the day by voting BRO because you were bringing your suspicions from d1 over, is Kalimar more suspicious now or what? how do you feel about Kalimar's recent posts since you labelled him as a "hiding-in-the-background kind of player"? do you still think so?

i'm looking forward to your replies to his posts too.
Mainez
Mainez
Mafia Scum
Mainez
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #652 (ISO) » Tue Jun 23, 2015 1:15 pm

Post by Mainez »

the person that is absolutely flying under the radar is Jazz, as she (?) has basically posted longggg posts about trying to understand this and that and unable to actually provide her reads on someone. like there's a lot of sitting on the fence in 618.

i don't really scumread the slot but it's starting to make me feel uneasy.

@Jazz how's it going? have the recent activity enabled you to form stronger reads on anyone?
Mainez
Mainez
Mafia Scum
Mainez
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #653 (ISO) » Tue Jun 23, 2015 1:18 pm

Post by Mainez »

IM GONNA BE LATE

IM OUT OF HERE FOR NOW

WILL BE BACK TONIGHT
Jazzmyn
Jazzmyn
Mafia Scum
Jazzmyn
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #654 (ISO) » Tue Jun 23, 2015 1:33 pm

Post by Jazzmyn »

Placeholder.

I will be back shortly.

Regards,
Jazz
Varsoon
Varsoon
Scatman
Varsoon
Scatman
Scatman

Post Post #655 (ISO) » Tue Jun 23, 2015 2:02 pm

Post by Varsoon »

Putting it like Big, there.

Scum:

Kalimar
NQT
Hydrangea/West9 slot

Mainez
Toast
Johnny F

TSQ/Jazzmyn slot
Big the Cat
Aristophanes
Town:

I just don't really have much a grasp on this game. I'd like to see more flips, but I really wish I could work with the three we already have. I feel like there's something I'm missing but I don't know what it is.
Jazzmyn
Jazzmyn
Mafia Scum
Jazzmyn
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #656 (ISO) » Tue Jun 23, 2015 2:03 pm

Post by Jazzmyn »

In post 620, JohnnyFarrar wrote:E3 is the Electronic Entertainment Expo, (arguably) the biggest video game event of the year.

If you look at the post number on any given post you'll notice it's actually a direct link to that post, so my strategy is copying that link address and then dropping it into a url tag

Thanks.

In post 622, Mainez wrote:ICYMI is in case you missed it.

about the individual posts thing, i'm not sure what you're referring to but if i didn't misunderstand you... at the right hand corner of each post, there's this Q+ thing where you can click and add them to your lists of posts you wanna reply to.

Thanks. I know how to do the multi-quote thing; I was referring to the direct linkage thing.

In post 637, Aristophanes wrote:There is a [post= ] [/post] tag which, if you put the post number into, will link directly. Ex. In you asked this question.

Thanks. That looks easier than the other way; I will try that.

In post 623, ToastyToast wrote:I agree that BigCat is way less offputting than BROseidon, but is that really enough to change a scum suspect? They need to have done something to change your mind. Or are you saying that your original read may have been based on your dislike for his style of play?

I think that my original read may have been coloured by my dislike of his style of play. That said, I realize that that doesn't make him not-scum, so I will take a close look at the posts again. I am as susceptible to confirmation bias as anyone as much as I try to fight it.

Regards,
Jazz
Jazzmyn
Jazzmyn
Mafia Scum
Jazzmyn
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #657 (ISO) » Tue Jun 23, 2015 2:18 pm

Post by Jazzmyn »

In post 631, notquitethere wrote:Hot damn do mafiascum days last long. I'll do a read list when I get back to this a bit later today, but seriously Jazzmin, JohnnyFarrar, Mainez, and ToastyToast should stop wasting everybody's time and cast their votes already.

I will vote when I am ready to vote, thanks.

In post 652, Mainez wrote:the person that is absolutely flying under the radar is Jazz, as she (?) has basically posted longggg posts about trying to understand this and that and unable to actually provide her reads on someone. like there's a lot of sitting on the fence in 618.

I disagree with your characterization and invite you to re-read my posts.

Regards,
Jazz
Aristophanes
Aristophanes
He/Him
Mr. Blue Sky
Aristophanes
He/Him
Mr. Blue Sky
Mr. Blue Sky
Pronoun: He/Him

Post Post #658 (ISO) » Tue Jun 23, 2015 3:25 pm

Post by Aristophanes »

UNVOTE:
Half meme, Half real, All Aristophanes ;)
- Jingle
Ari has appeared way too competent for me to even pretend to know what they're thinking
- MooseEatsBear on discord mafia
it wouldn’t be an ari sig unless it takes up half the screen on mobile - Vonflare
ToastyToast
ToastyToast
Mafia Scum
ToastyToast
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #659 (ISO) » Tue Jun 23, 2015 4:58 pm

Post by ToastyToast »

In post 626, Big The Cat wrote:What do yooo thinkies about NotQuiteThere?

Well I've already explained my town read on him in D1, but I'll check to see if there is any new content on him. NQT more than anyone tried to address more than just a couple of people, showing to me that he wasn't leaving any stones unturned. I especially liked his push on Domino (granted, him following up with "im in the middle on him" was mehh). We haven't seen much of him Day 2.

In post 631, notquitethere wrote:Hot damn do mafiascum days last long. I'll do a read list when I get back to this a bit later today, but seriously Jazzmin, JohnnyFarrar, Mainez, and ToastyToast should stop wasting everybody's time and cast their votes already.

No. I want to vote Kalimar, but this situation is too similar to the CoolDog lynch atm. Everyone is just sort of deferring to a Kalimar lynch instead of weighing other potential options. We have four days, and everyone should be using them to do just that.

In post 629, Big The Cat wrote:
In post 530, ToastyToast wrote:Alright so, idk if any of you have ever seen my scum theory thingy, but I generally see scum as fitting one of 3 categories. More likely than not, there is one of each.

I disagree with this.

It's also like saying, more likely than not one scum is on the D1 mislynch wagon, and one scum is off. Or things of that nature. It's just a shitty way to scumhunt in my opinion, because you limit your options of who scum could be by assuming they are 1 of each in three pools.

Yes I am clearly such a lazy player. Using a theory that works for me as a backbone for making cases and figuring out scum teams is super lazy. Maybe I should just never give a single case, and just spout out names in list form without explanation. Maybe I should just call people stupid if I don't like what they have to say. That's really active--oh wait, that's what BigCat/BROseidon have done this entire game.

Your view of what I'm doing with this is incredibly simplistic.
1) I'm not just throwing people into 3 piles then random.orging it. Once those groups are defined, I push cases to determine which of the three is scummiest. I also take into account situations where it isn't true. If, for example, Kalimar flips scum, I'm not going to suddenly call West9 obvtown. Mafia has no absolutes, only chance. And the
chance
of them being scum together is significantly lower than other potential pairings.
2) The odds of 3 people from one of the groups is miniscule. And you disagreeing with me on this is irrelevant to alignment. I use it every game I'm in.
3)
Groups do not function well with 3 leaders.
The scum teams that function best have a group willing to take a variety of roles. That way, they are never completely pinned down.
4) If your strategy is to just point at people without using some sort of strategy that pinpoints scum, then you might as well just be shooting blind.
"A train robbery is where you take a train to your destination, make your move, and take a train back, right?"-Isaac

Town: 12-10 (I think)
Mafia: 1-1
Third Party: 1-0
Alive in:0
Dead in:0
Modded: 2
ToastyToast
ToastyToast
Mafia Scum
ToastyToast
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #660 (ISO) » Tue Jun 23, 2015 4:58 pm

Post by ToastyToast »

In other news, I've decided that Jazzmyn is town.
"A train robbery is where you take a train to your destination, make your move, and take a train back, right?"-Isaac

Town: 12-10 (I think)
Mafia: 1-1
Third Party: 1-0
Alive in:0
Dead in:0
Modded: 2
Big The Cat
Big The Cat
Townie
Big The Cat
Townie
Townie

Post Post #661 (ISO) » Tue Jun 23, 2015 5:43 pm

Post by Big The Cat »

In post 659, ToastyToast wrote:Well I've already explained my town read on him in D1, but I'll check to see if there is any new content on him. NQT more than anyone tried to address more than just a couple of people, showing to me that he wasn't leaving any stones unturned. I especially liked his push on Domino (granted, him following up with "im in the middle on him" was mehh). We haven't seen much of him Day 2.

D'aww. Talking Bread talked to us about NotQuiteThere~ Yaysies~

But uh, uh, I want Long Bread. Long Bread, ya'know, so I can have more Bread to eat, yum~

This Bread is really short... it can't fill me tummy :(

D'Oh!
Big The Cat
Big The Cat
Townie
Big The Cat
Townie
Townie

Post Post #662 (ISO) » Tue Jun 23, 2015 5:43 pm

Post by Big The Cat »

~Big
Varsoon
Varsoon
Scatman
Varsoon
Scatman
Scatman

Post Post #663 (ISO) » Tue Jun 23, 2015 5:47 pm

Post by Varsoon »

To be honest, I don't have much confidence in any of my reads. Everyone feels really nebulous and all over the place.
It feels like people post but don't say anything that I can really latch onto. It's just all standoffish affirmations.

Here's a better plan.
Everyone submit a list of three players they would want to lynch.
Then we can vote in those lists?
I just want the game to move in some direction, because this stagnation will not stand.
1. Kalimar
2. Mainez
3. NQT
JohnnyFarrar
JohnnyFarrar
Jack of All Trades
JohnnyFarrar
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #664 (ISO) » Wed Jun 24, 2015 7:59 am

Post by JohnnyFarrar »

Sorrybusyblahblahexcuses

I've got an hour and a half and a phone, let's see if I can catch up
Phone posting. Low effort, big fun.
"In my heart, Johnny will always be scum" - Not_Mafia
JohnnyFarrar
JohnnyFarrar
Jack of All Trades
JohnnyFarrar
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #665 (ISO) » Wed Jun 24, 2015 8:33 am

Post by JohnnyFarrar »

Not putting much weight in Toast's theory thingie because I don't like putting people into specific boxes. Makes me so dumb things like generalize and force people into roles they're not taking in my head.

Jazz wants people to comment on setup speculation and that's weird.

Trying to figure out why I don't want to lunch Kalimer and it might just be that I like him. (her?) I do hope someone posts a case though because I'm getting that icky "everyone seems way too ok with this" vibe.

Varsoon's lazy vote scares me.

Mainez is probably town.

@West I don't remember exactly which, but one of Beer's reads rubbed me the wrong way (I think it was the Bro read)

@Toast I used the sheep excuse d1 as well, why is it suddenly a problem when you're the target?

I don't buy this response to West

Woo skimming like an asshole but I caught up I think. My three scum list thing

1. NQT
2. Big
3. Unconfident in a third. Jazz?
JohnnyFarrar
JohnnyFarrar
Jack of All Trades
JohnnyFarrar
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #666 (ISO) » Wed Jun 24, 2015 8:34 am

Post by JohnnyFarrar »

Will vote when I know I'm not accidentally hammering
JohnnyFarrar
JohnnyFarrar
Jack of All Trades
JohnnyFarrar
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #667 (ISO) » Wed Jun 24, 2015 8:36 am

Post by JohnnyFarrar »

I've eaten up most of my time but if anyone's here we can chat
notquitethere
notquitethere
Goon
notquitethere
Goon
Goon

Post Post #668 (ISO) » Wed Jun 24, 2015 11:14 am

Post by notquitethere »

I'm sure there was questions I missed but I couldn't see them checking back.

I'm going to do a reread, but right now my list would be:
Big (I'm still edgy over Bro from yesterday)
Kalimar (still not convinced)
West (where are they?)

Ugh, I feel like I'm definitely missing something here. Time to get my head back in the game.

Kali

In post 645, Kalimar wrote:nqt doesn't care about lynching scum. (compare and contrast and . 600 is the scummiest single post of this game Day.)

that's why i voted for him.
This is a bit OMGUSy to me. You posted less than others in D1, got little attention, this is typical scum profile. Enough to lynch someone over? Well, there's been so little movement today and frankly I still know pretty much nothing.

In post 647, Kalimar wrote:actually, nqt, why did you think cooldog-scum would be trying harder than he did? later in that post you go on to say not trying is usually a bad sign.
I expect scum to play to their wincon and avoid getting lynched. Of course, it's a bad sign when anyone stops caring regardless of wincon.
notquitethere
notquitethere
Goon
notquitethere
Goon
Goon

Post Post #669 (ISO) » Wed Jun 24, 2015 11:17 am

Post by notquitethere »

Wait, wait, I see the questions from Mainez now. Hold on a bit.
notquitethere
notquitethere
Goon
notquitethere
Goon
Goon

Post Post #670 (ISO) » Wed Jun 24, 2015 11:31 am

Post by notquitethere »

Mainez

In post 651, Mainez wrote:can you explain this? regarding the vibes. what is it that they have posted (prior to this post of yours) and what about it makes you feel better about the slot? and how are you feeling about the slot now since you were keeping tabs on it.
I didn't like Bro's attack on Aristo over the flavour-request controversy and I didn't like his really hostile way of interacting with people. Big comes in as replacement and hasn't had this hostility and... *rereads Big's iso* actually I have no clue what I liked about him, he's terrible!

In post 651, Mainez wrote:
you started the day by voting BRO because you were bringing your suspicions from d1 over, is Kalimar more suspicious now or what? how do you feel about Kalimar's recent posts since you labelled him as a "hiding-in-the-background kind of player"? do you still think so?
So I came back in to the game after being absent for most of a week and I was happy to jump on the Kalimar wagon because Kali hadn't contributed much and coasting in the background is how scum win. But now I'm done a reread and I'm not sure he's actually the best for the lynch today.
notquitethere
notquitethere
Goon
notquitethere
Goon
Goon

Post Post #671 (ISO) » Wed Jun 24, 2015 11:33 am

Post by notquitethere »

VOTE: Big, almost all of your posts are just you off-handedly declaring which players are town and which are scum. No reasons. Easy content to make. Your vote on Kalimar seems solely down to the fact that he was on the D1 wagon and you've arbitrarily declared other people on that wagon to be town. What gives?
Big The Cat
Big The Cat
Townie
Big The Cat
Townie
Townie

Post Post #672 (ISO) » Wed Jun 24, 2015 2:54 pm

Post by Big The Cat »

You were on the wagon. We have not decided you are town.

(Froggy)
JohnnyFarrar
JohnnyFarrar
Jack of All Trades
JohnnyFarrar
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #673 (ISO) » Wed Jun 24, 2015 3:46 pm

Post by JohnnyFarrar »

In post 609, JohnnyFarrar wrote:
In post 604, notquitethere wrote:wanting people to think bullet-proofs are all town.

You'll have to point out where the hell you got this from because my head did a 180 spin when I read it.

ayo NQT
Cheetory6
Cheetory6
MS Painter
Cheetory6
MS Painter
MS Painter

Post Post #674 (ISO) » Wed Jun 24, 2015 3:58 pm

Post by Cheetory6 »

here I go