Kalimar
[2] - Big The Cat, Varsoon
notquitethere
[2] - West9, Kalimar
Big The Cat
[1] - notquitethere
No Vote
[5] - Aristophanes, Jazzmin, JohnnyFarrar, Mainez, ToastyToast

Day Two will end on June 28, 2015 or in (expired on 2015-06-28 22:00:00)
JohnnyFarrar
JohnnyFarrar
Jack of All Trades
JohnnyFarrar
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #676 (ISO) » Wed Jun 24, 2015 4:47 pm

Post by JohnnyFarrar »

ayyyyyyyy VOTE: NQT
Phone posting. Low effort, big fun.
"In my heart, Johnny will always be scum" - Not_Mafia
Jazzmyn
Jazzmyn
Mafia Scum
Jazzmyn
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #677 (ISO) » Wed Jun 24, 2015 4:58 pm

Post by Jazzmyn »

In post 652, Mainez wrote:@Jazz how's it going?

Pretty good, thanks, and you?

In post 652, Mainez wrote:have the recent activity enabled you to form stronger reads on anyone?

Yes, indeed. It has led to both you and Kalimar sliding upward on my scum-o-meter. Thanks for asking.

Vote: Kalimar

Having re-read his posts, he said that he 'tried' to read CoolDog's posts but his 'eyes glazed over', which strikes me as a lame excuse offered up for not being bothered to read the game thread, and the only ones who don't need to bother reading the game thread are the scum because they already know who the scum are. He posted no suspicion of CoolDog; he neither made nor adopted a case on CoolDog; he lazily said he wanted CoolDog to claim or he would hammer 24 hours later (and actually hammered before the 24 hours were up) without ever voicing any particular suspicion of CoolDog at all. Then on Day 2, he has voted without posting any reasoning for his votes in between occasionally posting fluff and misrepresenting others. This is not town behaviour.

Regards,
Jazz
Varsoon
Varsoon
Scatman
Varsoon
Scatman
Scatman

Post Post #678 (ISO) » Wed Jun 24, 2015 5:03 pm

Post by Varsoon »

As much as I'm not a fan of NQT, I don't really like how that wagon is shaping up.
West9
West9
Goon
West9
Goon
Goon

Post Post #679 (ISO) » Wed Jun 24, 2015 5:51 pm

Post by West9 »

In post 649, Mainez wrote:actually even if i were to not put it simply, it's still yes he was discrediting me without much reasoning. like saying what i did was useless and fake and something anyone can do. but the actual fact is i was trying and people were not picking out points that i picked.

but hold on a second, where exactly are you trying to go with asking me so much about why i voted for CooLDoG? are you reading me as scum or what? what have my answers told you?

because i'm starting to not see where you're going.

One of my pet peeves in mafia is people blatently not using their vote, and you weren't using your vote for longer than I think was reasonable. I get that this is probably some sort of playstyle difference, but I don't want to dismiss it as just that. So, you are saying there was one particular post that made you change your mind, and I want to know what it was about that post.

In post 655, Varsoon wrote:Putting it like Big, there.

Scum:

Kalimar
NQT
Hydrangea/West9 slot

Really? Kalimar is #1 scum? What changed from ?

@NQT
- Why was Cooldog's lack of trying suddenly scummy?
Varsoon
Varsoon
Scatman
Varsoon
Scatman
Scatman

Post Post #680 (ISO) » Wed Jun 24, 2015 5:54 pm

Post by Varsoon »

Not a huge fan of his responses--I've generally liked his wagon and disliked the proposed counterwagons.
ToastyToast
ToastyToast
Mafia Scum
ToastyToast
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #681 (ISO) » Wed Jun 24, 2015 6:25 pm

Post by ToastyToast »

In post 665, JohnnyFarrar wrote:@Toast I used the sheep excuse d1 as well, why is it suddenly a problem when you're the target?

What are you talking about? Don't put words in my mouth.
"A train robbery is where you take a train to your destination, make your move, and take a train back, right?"-Isaac

Town: 12-10 (I think)
Mafia: 1-1
Third Party: 1-0
Alive in:0
Dead in:0
Modded: 2
Big The Cat
Big The Cat
Townie
Big The Cat
Townie
Townie

Post Post #682 (ISO) » Wed Jun 24, 2015 6:28 pm

Post by Big The Cat »

D'Oh! The Talking Bread ain't answering me!

*poke* *poke*

Hey Bread! Why are you ignoring me Bread?

~Big
ToastyToast
ToastyToast
Mafia Scum
ToastyToast
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #683 (ISO) » Wed Jun 24, 2015 6:32 pm

Post by ToastyToast »

Because I don't have anything else to add on NQT. If I were to make a long post about him, it'd be pure bullshit.

In addition, however, the wagon on him contains the two people I'm considering voting for and an irrelevant.
"A train robbery is where you take a train to your destination, make your move, and take a train back, right?"-Isaac

Town: 12-10 (I think)
Mafia: 1-1
Third Party: 1-0
Alive in:0
Dead in:0
Modded: 2
JohnnyFarrar
JohnnyFarrar
Jack of All Trades
JohnnyFarrar
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #684 (ISO) » Thu Jun 25, 2015 12:20 am

Post by JohnnyFarrar »

In post 681, ToastyToast wrote:
In post 665, JohnnyFarrar wrote:@Toast I used the sheep excuse d1 as well, why is it suddenly a problem when you're the target?

What are you talking about? Don't put words in my mouth.

this

ToastyToast wrote:Because I don't have anything else to add on NQT. If I were to make a long post about him, it'd be pure bullshit.

In addition, however, the wagon on him contains the two people I'm considering voting for and an irrelevant.

Don't know which of these I am but my feelings are hurt regardless.
JohnnyFarrar
JohnnyFarrar
Jack of All Trades
JohnnyFarrar
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #685 (ISO) » Thu Jun 25, 2015 12:22 am

Post by JohnnyFarrar »

In post 677, Jazzmyn wrote:and misrepresenting others.

Actually what?
notquitethere
notquitethere
Goon
notquitethere
Goon
Goon

Post Post #686 (ISO) » Thu Jun 25, 2015 12:51 am

Post by notquitethere »

Everyone
, please, take a look at Big's ISO... they've literally spent most of the day posting lists of reads without reasons. Is this really normal town behaviour?

Big

In post 672, Big The Cat wrote:You were on the wagon. We have not decided you are town.
And that's another thing: in your first few post where you're declaring who's town and who's not, you go through 12 other players without mentioning me. It's easy not to be exhaustive when you're pulling reads out of a hat.

Johnny

In post 673, JohnnyFarrar wrote:
In post 609, JohnnyFarrar wrote:
In post 604, notquitethere wrote:wanting people to think bullet-proofs are all town.

You'll have to point out where the hell you got this from because my head did a 180 spin when I read it.
Sorry I missed this question. I was reading this in your statement here:

In post 582, JohnnyFarrar wrote:Pedit: are we assuming immortals are town now?

Am I wrong in thinking you would like to assume all immortals are town now?

In post 676, JohnnyFarrar wrote:ayyyyyyyy VOTE: NQT
Why?

West

In post 679, West9 wrote:
@NQT
- Why was Cooldog's lack of trying suddenly scummy?
But if you actually read what I said back then, I didn't find Cool scummy for his lack of trying. I was questioning him over the weird rationale he'd been giving for voting:

In post 412, notquitethere wrote:VOTE: CoolDog, you say that you think players should vote for who they think is scummiest, and yet you unvote Mainez because it's not productive. Well, who is scummier, JF or Mainez?
Mainez
Mainez
Mafia Scum
Mainez
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #687 (ISO) » Thu Jun 25, 2015 5:04 am

Post by Mainez »

In post 683, ToastyToast wrote:Because I don't have anything else to add on NQT. If I were to make a long post about him, it'd be pure bullshit.

what does this actually mean? especially the part about you writing a pure bullshit post.
JohnnyFarrar
JohnnyFarrar
Jack of All Trades
JohnnyFarrar
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #688 (ISO) » Thu Jun 25, 2015 6:04 am

Post by JohnnyFarrar »

In post 686, notquitethere wrote:Am I wrong in thinking you would like to assume all immortals are town now?

If you read the post I was clearly reacting to (hence the pedit) and the fact that there's a question mark, you'll see that I was actually asking Big that question because he said scum was on the wagon but then discounted me because I'm immortal.

I get Big's "scum on the wagon" voting tactic right now, I just don't see why it's Kalimer over NotQuiteThere. I think NQT's brand of blowing things out of proportion combined with the myriad 'misunderstandings' and the subpar "these people aren't doing anything" votes make me WAY more willing to vote him.

Can anybody actually convince me of Kalimer with like quotes or something
Aristophanes
Aristophanes
He/Him
Mr. Blue Sky
Aristophanes
He/Him
Mr. Blue Sky
Mr. Blue Sky
Pronoun: He/Him

Post Post #689 (ISO) » Thu Jun 25, 2015 9:00 am

Post by Aristophanes »

Not much to quote him on iirc
Half meme, Half real, All Aristophanes ;)
- Jingle
Ari has appeared way too competent for me to even pretend to know what they're thinking
- MooseEatsBear on discord mafia
it wouldn’t be an ari sig unless it takes up half the screen on mobile - Vonflare
JohnnyFarrar
JohnnyFarrar
Jack of All Trades
JohnnyFarrar
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #690 (ISO) » Thu Jun 25, 2015 9:03 am

Post by JohnnyFarrar »

I mean if that's the case this wagon is real sad
Kalimar
Kalimar
Goon
Kalimar
Goon
Goon

Post Post #691 (ISO) » Thu Jun 25, 2015 2:41 pm

Post by Kalimar »

In post 690, JohnnyFarrar wrote:I mean if that's the case this wagon is real sad

nah, he's having a dig at my ethereal nature this game.
Kalimar
Kalimar
Goon
Kalimar
Goon
Goon

Post Post #692 (ISO) » Thu Jun 25, 2015 2:53 pm

Post by Kalimar »

In post 634, notquitethere wrote:What's your problem with making a decision? Mainez? I'm used to 72 hour days, and so weeks of no information and low activity is painfully dull and doesn't help game-engagement. If someone wants to present an argument for why I should switch to a counterwagon then I'm all ears but for now I'd rather see the end of day.

In post 668, notquitethere wrote:I'm sure there was questions I missed but I couldn't see them checking back.

I'm going to do a reread, but right now my list would be:
Big (I'm still edgy over Bro from yesterday)
Kalimar (still not convinced)
West (where are they?)

Ugh, I feel like I'm definitely missing something here. Time to get my head back in the game.

Kali

In post 645, Kalimar wrote:nqt doesn't care about lynching scum. (compare and contrast and . 600 is the scummiest single post of this game Day.)

that's why i voted for him.
This is a bit OMGUSy to me. You posted less than others in D1, got little attention, this is typical scum profile. Enough to lynch someone over? Well, there's been so little movement today and frankly I still know pretty much nothing.

In post 647, Kalimar wrote:actually, nqt, why did you think cooldog-scum would be trying harder than he did? later in that post you go on to say not trying is usually a bad sign.
I expect scum to play to their wincon and avoid getting lynched. Of course, it's a bad sign when anyone stops caring regardless of wincon.

in 631, you call for people to vote. i agree.

in 634, quoted above, you change this to say the Day needs to end. this is fine, except I'm the only wagon at that point and so the only way the day would end in that scenario is with a me lynch. you're solidly endorsing a lynch - not just pressure - you don't hold much confidence over, and i can't see the town motivation for it.

having said that, you changing your vote threw me, since scum-you didn't need to change your vote at all.
Kalimar
Kalimar
Goon
Kalimar
Goon
Goon

Post Post #693 (ISO) » Thu Jun 25, 2015 3:00 pm

Post by Kalimar »

In post 659, ToastyToast wrote:

In post 631, notquitethere wrote:Hot damn do mafiascum days last long. I'll do a read list when I get back to this a bit later today, but seriously Jazzmin, JohnnyFarrar, Mainez, and ToastyToast should stop wasting everybody's time and cast their votes already.

No. I want to vote Kalimar, but this situation is too similar to the CoolDog lynch atm. Everyone is just sort of deferring to a Kalimar lynch instead of weighing other potential options. We have four days, and everyone should be using them to do just that.

also, relatedly, this is exactly what you're not doing.

let's just skip ahead a couple of (real) days and have your vote on my wagon now.
Kalimar
Kalimar
Goon
Kalimar
Goon
Goon

Post Post #694 (ISO) » Thu Jun 25, 2015 3:14 pm

Post by Kalimar »

In post 677, Jazzmyn wrote:
In post 652, Mainez wrote:have the recent activity enabled you to form stronger reads on anyone?

Yes, indeed. It has led to both you and Kalimar sliding upward on my scum-o-meter. Thanks for asking.

Vote: Kalimar

Having re-read his posts, he said that he 'tried' to read CoolDog's posts but his 'eyes glazed over', which strikes me as a lame excuse offered up for not being bothered to read the game thread, and the only ones who don't need to bother reading the game thread are the scum because they already know who the scum are. He posted no suspicion of CoolDog; he neither made nor adopted a case on CoolDog; he lazily said he wanted CoolDog to claim or he would hammer 24 hours later (and actually hammered before the 24 hours were up) without ever voicing any particular suspicion of CoolDog at all. Then on Day 2, he has voted without posting any reasoning for his votes in between occasionally posting fluff and misrepresenting others. This is not town behaviour.

Regards,
Jazz

show me the misrepresentations.

i didn't suspect cooldog. it was a foregone conclusion lynch and he'd been on site and not posted since when i asked for his claim and the 6 or so hours before deadline we had to go. lynch > no lynch, and it was simply time to hammer.
Kalimar
Kalimar
Goon
Kalimar
Goon
Goon

Post Post #695 (ISO) » Thu Jun 25, 2015 3:15 pm

Post by Kalimar »

the lazy argument is kind of the anthem and anathema of this game.
Kalimar
Kalimar
Goon
Kalimar
Goon
Goon

Post Post #696 (ISO) » Thu Jun 25, 2015 3:36 pm

Post by Kalimar »

the other head of big the cat's reads list aligns almost perfectly (with maybe a little wiggle room on the degree of strength) with the no-reason reads sonic posted earlier.

too consistent.
Kalimar
Kalimar
Goon
Kalimar
Goon
Goon

Post Post #697 (ISO) » Thu Jun 25, 2015 3:43 pm

Post by Kalimar »

In post 680, Varsoon wrote:Not a huge fan of his responses--I've generally liked his wagon and disliked the proposed counterwagons.

other than nqt, who is your second-strongest scumread, where are the other proposed counterwagon
s
?

given you're anti-NQT wagon because of me and west on it, what counterwagon(s)
would
you endorse?

the similarity of your reads list with BTC's is frankly eerie.
Varsoon
Varsoon
Scatman
Varsoon
Scatman
Scatman

Post Post #698 (ISO) » Thu Jun 25, 2015 4:22 pm

Post by Varsoon »

In post 697, Kalimar wrote:
In post 680, Varsoon wrote:Not a huge fan of his responses--I've generally liked his wagon and disliked the proposed counterwagons.

other than nqt, who is your second-strongest scumread, where are the other proposed counterwagon
s
?

would
you endorse?

Mainez, honestly, but that's more a gut read than anything.
I'd be -really- happy with a Mainez lynch. Just feels right to me.
I think BTC and I did the same sort of VCA.
Mainez
Mainez
Mafia Scum
Mainez
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #699 (ISO) » Fri Jun 26, 2015 1:23 am

Post by Mainez »

In post 698, Varsoon wrote:
In post 697, Kalimar wrote:

s
?

would
you endorse?

Mainez, honestly, but that's more a gut read than anything.
I'd be -really- happy with a Mainez lynch. Just feels right to me.
I think BTC and I did the same sort of VCA.

i'm gonna ignore the first 3 sentences because they made me sulk.

regarding the VCA, can you explain how you did it to get your reads?

Return to “Completed Mini Theme Games”