Star Trek Deep Space Nine Season 1 Mafia(game over!)

PeregrineV
PeregrineV
Survivor
PeregrineV
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #2600 (ISO) » Thu Jun 25, 2015 3:10 pm

Post by PeregrineV »

CDB is scum

RIP is scum.

2-3 more scum. One possibly 3rd party.
I will have
Limited Access
on weekends.
PeregrineV
PeregrineV
Survivor
PeregrineV
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #2601 (ISO) » Thu Jun 25, 2015 3:11 pm

Post by PeregrineV »

Based on current conclusion, Titus is town.
I will have
Limited Access
on weekends.
MonkeyMan576
MonkeyMan576
Jack of All Trades
MonkeyMan576
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #2602 (ISO) » Thu Jun 25, 2015 6:14 pm

Post by MonkeyMan576 »

Vote Count 4.01- Up to post 2601

ChannelDelibird[3]: Thor665, Sinsun1, davesez
Narninian[1]: RIP
Sinsun1[1]: Titus
Not Voting(10): KlingonCelt, Channel Delibird, ArcAngel9, displaced, Riabi, PeregrineV, Nero Cain, Suzune, LittleGumball, Narninian

With 15 alive, it takes 8 to lynch

Day ends Wednseday, July 8th, 11 PM USA Mountain Time or when a lynch occurs
[/area]
Last edited by MonkeyMan576 on Thu Jun 25, 2015 6:37 pm, edited 2 times in total.
Titus
Titus
She/her
Moon Walker
Titus
She/her
Moon Walker
Moon Walker
Pronoun: She/her

Post Post #2603 (ISO) » Thu Jun 25, 2015 6:32 pm

Post by Titus »

#2576, If I only reassessed reads I had doubt over Thor, I'd reassess everything. I may be confident but I don't stick to reads I feel are "right" when shit hits the fan. I was wrong on my biggest scumread. I have to reset everything. That's the way it is.

The more you try to make my reset confusing, the harder it is to actually reset on your slot.

Kling's reading town again to me based on this page.

I know I'm drunk but PV's comments make zero sense.
Show
The scum had the misfortune of Titus being absurdly accurate on day one.Really quite impressed by that.~Drixx

You're letting Titus win the game by herself.Good luck now I guess.You have no chance to win.~Tywin

GTKTitus Part 2
Titus Academy

VLA Friday nights until Sunday morning.

All hail the Scum Empress!
Narninian
Narninian
Contracts STDs
Narninian
Contracts STDs
Contracts STDs

Post Post #2604 (ISO) » Thu Jun 25, 2015 7:41 pm

Post by Narninian »

In post 2597, Klingoncelt wrote:

So RIP lied and has zero hidden info, but he really doesn't like you, Narn. Any idea why?

I voted him without reading the case, and I lynched two town members.
The extra in is for /in
displaced
displaced
Goon
displaced
Goon
Goon

Post Post #2605 (ISO) » Fri Jun 26, 2015 1:47 am

Post by displaced »

In post 2542, Suzune wrote:
I believe looking at the situation the sala kill was the only one that the scum could have made given the situation from yesterday
, so sadly I am not surprised. They could not risk killing someone on another train because that would be like confirming the other train was wise. So in order to keep in fighting high they limited the control of the town. I suppose from that perspective it was a smart move. It would then be wise to look at those not on the train though as I imagine it may lead to more evidence. Sorry the tired thoughts of my insomnia. I will check with he final decisions that led to that vote train later in the day.

Not sure how you reach this conclusion? Why couldn't scum shoot another on the wagon, why did it have to be Sal? Also the implication is one of the CW's is scum, so who is it and why?

In post 2543, LittleGumball wrote:
So a while ago I kind of skimmed the majority of the previous day, and Salamence was really the only person I trusted.

I don't get this. Sal had a handful of posts that were mostly (all?) bad

It is obvious to me that scum is controlling this game. I'm going to look through the game if I can (will likely be tomorrow bc it's 1am and i'm tired af) and I'm going to pick out some reads. My prediction is that, assuming there are 4 mafia members in the game, at least one of them is an inactive, if not two.

Scum is controlling the game but half the team is inactive? :S

The remaining members are actively participating in discussion and have high influence on who is getting lynched

I'd agree here but I think it is probably the whole team, and they probably have several members that are being widely townread

Can someone summarize the whole Hider discussion? I'm not overly familiar with playing with Hiders but I have a general idea of how they work.

PV and myself touch all the bases between us I think, if you have a look at our ISO's. Maybe I will do a rundown later, but Im writing this up at work, and Ive already repeated myself a few times, so...

In post 2546, RIP wrote:I will decide the lynch today.

:facepalm:

In post 2548, RIP wrote:I'm down to kill gumball too.

OK, but why?

In post 2549, Thor665 wrote:
Vote: CDB

The Narn vote looks silly to me, but I like that RIP at least comes out of the gate swinging.
That said -
we had like 3 counterwagons to this guy yesterday.

Hint.

Yeah, I made this point yesterday, I guess it got lost in the wash with all the derpderpderp.

In post 2552, Sinsun1 wrote:
Scum are making weird kills. I mean REALLY weird kills. I'm sorry, but either scum is stupid or the majority of the "good" active players are the scum themselves. Senator was a good lynch even if he was town. He killed the bloody miller who basically everyone else town read him which got ANOTHER townie killed and scum failed to kill N2, so if we have a roleblocker, I really suggest he outs who he blocked. Because unless scum tried killing Max directly, I believe the blocker hit the jackpot there.

Im sure there was at least some discussion D1 of the miller being a possible target for a vig? Not sure how in depth it went but it was definitely there.

Scum failed to kill N2 did they?

Senator who bloody shot the miller killing a hider

Why are you so sure Max hid behind Saint? Especially given now you are voting CDB, and the case on CDB is basically the hider crumbed targeting CDB?

IF my earlier prediction of 7 anti-town was correct we'd be a sort of lylo where the game would be out of town's hands and reliant on 3rd parties swinging around and offing scum themselves. But let's be generous here and assume 5-6 anti-town. 5 is being a pipe dream and 6 is hopeful.

There wont be seven scum in this game. Multiball has been p much ruled out by the low kills per night and a seven man scum team is just a nonsense concept

Suzune makes a good point in why Sala dies which from her game-play so far is not hard to believe came from an analytical townie perspective of their death.

Explain why Suzune's point is a good one? Not necessarily saying it isn't, just that I don't grasp it myself, so hearing your take on it could be useful.

Another thing is that Sala said they'd sheep Thor the next day which could be another reason, albeit small reason to be dead which would shine a small lean town on Thor.

Thor is prob town, but not for this

In post 2553, davesaz wrote:Personally I thought CDB's response to the wagon seemed town

CDB is adept at looking town when scum. He played well in a recent scumgame, being widely townread, and even getting away with mangling his claim.

VOTE: CDB

~~

Breaking this off here before it gets too long. Will continue this evening most probably. Still feels like Im shouting into the wind though, just because I only post once a day or so and the incessant clucking of most of the list drowns me out...
Thor665
Thor665
Papa Smurf
Thor665
Papa Smurf
Papa Smurf

Post Post #2606 (ISO) » Fri Jun 26, 2015 3:23 am

Post by Thor665 »

In post 2597, Klingoncelt wrote:
So RIP lied and has zero hidden info, but he really doesn't like you, Narn. Any idea why?

If you think RIP is lying why aren't you voting him?

In post 2598, Suzune wrote:So which scum play is unusual for a newb?

Having nothing but townreads - I said that already.

In post 2598, Suzune wrote:Does being new at the game exempt you from being mafia?

No.
Not that I ever said it did.

In post 2598, Suzune wrote:Underestimating those you think are weak will get you every time in my opinion.

So will overestimating people - the goal is to read accurately, naturally.

In post 2598, Suzune wrote:
I don't think it does at all - do you?
We need to be careful, I love to wax mafia theory and to see other people do it but we are treading into only theory crafting here. I find it interesting which you need to dissect everyone's posts and to be very active in voicing an opinion. People who do that are usually portrayed as threatening. So I am merely suggesting that since you are still alive that is bears why. The mafia is clearly controlling this game, finding out what the points of strength for them are needs to be the goal. Otherwise, we will be crushed in coming days. So now, in my opinion, it is time to question the actions of the last two days so we do not fall into a routine that gets exploited.

So you...do think it's scummy of me to be alive?

In post 2598, Suzune wrote:Words are empty, I have nothing concrete like actual evidence to back my claim. I just believe that posts like this, post 1396, post 1798, post 1960, post 1965. I was told once in a mafia game, here on this site, that mafia do not need to actively scum hunt. Rather mafia need to look for inconsistencies that can be exploited and make it look like it is someone else's idea. This was interesting to me at the time and I find it interesting and something I keep on the back burner. I believe that his posts show active thinking and moving. Also a honestly about bad moves and active rethinking showing that the thinking is not locked on something. Being locked, unless you are sure, on one idea limits you ability to see a person as something else.

The first link is defense of himself and a soft attack on KC.
The second is a reads list wherein he states Senator is town for the exact reasons he will later vote Senator and has moved KC to a mushy middle read from the first post.
The third is him arguing with Titus - I don't see why that post is any more or less scummy than any other in that exchange.
The fourth is him being annoyed at Titus still.

I don't see active thinking or moving (well, actually I guess he did move Senator from town to scum when he had the chance to help push through the lynch), I don't see admission of wrong unless you're arguing the soft move of KC from scum to 'meh' counts.

Your read feels still like gut to me, gut paired with a lack of desire to admit it's gut.
For the record I feel as though I grok your read now - you have no obligation to reply to this comment.

In post 2598, Suzune wrote:I apologise, I do not understand what the question is then. You asked if I thought he played like me and I said probably not. If there was a much larger question being asked you are going to have to ask again.

The larger question is why you townread him off something based on a theory of how he would react - I wanted to know if you had any basis for thinking that he would react one way or the other. You dodged that, by saying you didn't think he was you (okay, fine) but then leaving empty why you then think his reaction was, thus, townish.

In post 2598, Suzune wrote:This is the case you meant?

Yes.

In post 2598, Suzune wrote:I have never seen people so fixated over a hider before.

Dunno why not - a dead Hider is like a Cop claiming a guilty. It really kind of matters to sort it out.

In post 2598, Suzune wrote:However, I fail to see how the amount of someones scum hunting and how often they play are good factual reasons. (Those were taken from your read that I quoted earlier).

You're somewhat misrepresenting those - but I will happily agree that neither of those are facts. Well, theoretically they are both facts, it's just neither are functionally provable facts. I admit they are assessed opinions I have made. Don't really see how this matters though - I felt I was clear enough in what I meant even if I botched a potential word. Let us rephrase to 'presented solid reasoning'? There is a big difference between "I town read him because he presented a lot of town reads (a provable fact) and no scum reads (a provable fact) and I don't see that as coming from newbie scum (a presented opinion)" vs. "his posts feel townish to me".
In the first - you understand why I believe what I believe. In the second, I am saying 'gut' in a fancy way.
Makes sense?

In post 2598, Suzune wrote:This is an interesting question and I approach it with some uncertainty. Strangely enough it looks like a trap.

That is strange - why do you think me asking to see your notes on the game is a trap?

In post 2598, Suzune wrote:Also, they are written down in my notebook since my laptop had to go into the computer store because he was getting my too hot so I would have to type them all out for you. I will continue to comment on actions of the game and you will see more colours from that. I believe this answer may disappoint you but so be it~

No - I have literally never gotten "notes" from anyone before. Well, I did once, but it was scum faking the notes, and I caught them off that. Everyone else always demurs for various reasons. I mostly ask out of morbid curiosity and because it's an interesting thing to mine reactions off of.
Thor665
Thor665
Papa Smurf
Thor665
Papa Smurf
Papa Smurf

Post Post #2607 (ISO) » Fri Jun 26, 2015 3:28 am

Post by Thor665 »

In post 2603, Titus wrote:#2576, If I only reassessed reads I had doubt over Thor, I'd reassess everything. I may be confident but I don't stick to reads I feel are "right" when shit hits the fan. I was wrong on my biggest scumread. I have to reset everything. That's the way it is.

Then you *are* claiming that you're reassessing CDB?

In post 2603, Titus wrote:The more you try to make my reset confusing, the harder it is to actually reset on your slot.

Don't care - I'm asking you questions so I can read you. If me doing so prevents you from reading me - that's on you to solve.
Titus
Titus
She/her
Moon Walker
Titus
She/her
Moon Walker
Moon Walker

Post Post #2608 (ISO) » Fri Jun 26, 2015 4:24 am

Post by Titus »

@Thor, Yes.
Show
The scum had the misfortune of Titus being absurdly accurate on day one.Really quite impressed by that.~Drixx

You're letting Titus win the game by herself.Good luck now I guess.You have no chance to win.~Tywin

GTKTitus Part 2
Titus Academy

Thor665
Thor665
Papa Smurf
Thor665
Papa Smurf
Papa Smurf

Post Post #2609 (ISO) » Fri Jun 26, 2015 4:57 am

Post by Thor665 »

You are like an eel.
RIP
RIP
Mafia Scum
RIP
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #2610 (ISO) » Fri Jun 26, 2015 5:06 am

Post by RIP »

I didn't trek anyone.
I think Klingon is scum cuz her play is bad and distant.
I'm pretty sure narm is scum. I want to resolve him
RIP
RIP
Mafia Scum
RIP
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #2611 (ISO) » Fri Jun 26, 2015 5:08 am

Post by RIP »

So CBd claim to be the guy who mod mentions in my role.
Is that guy bad in the show?
I think scum want to kill a conf town in CBd, call me crazy but idk
RIP
RIP
Mafia Scum
RIP
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #2612 (ISO) » Fri Jun 26, 2015 5:09 am

Post by RIP »

Don't listen to me. I just tried to save senator and u guys lynched him.
I'll say we kill someone on his wagon like narm or so,done else
Thor665
Thor665
Papa Smurf
Thor665
Papa Smurf
Papa Smurf

Post Post #2613 (ISO) » Fri Jun 26, 2015 5:09 am

Post by Thor665 »

In post 2610, RIP wrote:I didn't trek anyone.
I think Klingon is scum cuz her play is bad and distant.
I'm pretty sure narm is scum. I want to resolve him

:neutral:

Please sheep me now.
RIP
RIP
Mafia Scum
RIP
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #2614 (ISO) » Fri Jun 26, 2015 5:19 am

Post by RIP »

U are voting CBd. He claimed the guy that should be a town. Idk
RIP
RIP
Mafia Scum
RIP
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #2615 (ISO) » Fri Jun 26, 2015 5:20 am

Post by RIP »

Also we can get rid of peregrine anytime.
Dude just claimed scum by calling me and CBd scum yet he is not voting any of us?
Narninian
Narninian
Contracts STDs
Narninian
Contracts STDs
Contracts STDs

Post Post #2616 (ISO) » Fri Jun 26, 2015 5:31 am

Post by Narninian »

there are no Ms in my name :p
The extra in is for /in
PeregrineV
PeregrineV
Survivor
PeregrineV
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #2617 (ISO) » Fri Jun 26, 2015 5:35 am

Post by PeregrineV »

In post 2615, RIP wrote:Also we can get rid of peregrine anytime.
Dude just claimed scum by calling me and CBd scum yet he is not voting any of us?

We want to catch your other scumbuddies before lynching CDB.
I will have
Limited Access
on weekends.
PeregrineV
PeregrineV
Survivor
PeregrineV
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #2618 (ISO) » Fri Jun 26, 2015 5:40 am

Post by PeregrineV »

In post 2469, RIP wrote:Yes that's correct. So then CBd is bashik and I'm friends with him apparently. I own a barbershop yes I know that too

Wow, you called him your scumbuddy before I did.
I will have
Limited Access
on weekends.
Titus
Titus
She/her
Moon Walker
Titus
She/her
Moon Walker
Moon Walker

Post Post #2619 (ISO) » Fri Jun 26, 2015 5:41 am

Post by Titus »

In post 2609, Thor665 wrote:You are like an eel.

*looks down*

Nope I still have my vagina. Still human.

You fail to understand basic human thought. Solely because someone resets doesn't mean they lose their predispoositions. I'm just stating them.
Show

GTKTitus Part 2
Titus Academy

Titus
Titus
She/her
Moon Walker
Titus
She/her
Moon Walker
Moon Walker

Post Post #2620 (ISO) » Fri Jun 26, 2015 5:42 am

Post by Titus »

In post 2617, PeregrineV wrote:

Who is "We"?

How did you deduce I was town from RIP and CDB scum?

VOTE: Perv
Show

GTKTitus Part 2
Titus Academy

PeregrineV
PeregrineV
Survivor
PeregrineV
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #2621 (ISO) » Fri Jun 26, 2015 5:44 am

Post by PeregrineV »

In post 2620, Titus wrote:

Who is "We"?

How did you deduce I was town from RIP and CDB scum?

VOTE: Perv

We the town aligned.

You're not ready for that answer. Suffice to say, it's a logical conclusion.
I will have
Limited Access
on weekends.
PeregrineV
PeregrineV
Survivor
PeregrineV
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #2622 (ISO) » Fri Jun 26, 2015 5:45 am

Post by PeregrineV »

Still thinking Nero for scum. Let's look at how Nero & RIP and CDB all interact.

Oh, and Narn, your looking bad too, thanks to your buddy RIP.

We'll do a looksee at how you are portrayed by RIP, Nero, and CDB, and also how you treat them, and how you treated all the flipped town.
I will have
Limited Access
on weekends.
Thor665
Thor665
Papa Smurf
Thor665
Papa Smurf
Papa Smurf

Post Post #2623 (ISO) » Fri Jun 26, 2015 5:51 am

Post by Thor665 »

In post 2614, RIP wrote:U are voting CBd. He claimed the guy that should be a town. Idk

How is Bashir town?
Do you know something about the scumteam that I don't?

:neutral:
Narninian
Narninian
Contracts STDs
Narninian
Contracts STDs
Contracts STDs

Post Post #2624 (ISO) » Fri Jun 26, 2015 5:53 am

Post by Narninian »

During an away mission, Bashir rescued a Kobliad security officer from a burning ship. The criminal she was transporting transferred his mind into Bashir's mind and controlled Bashir into committing criminal acts, until he was driven out of his consciousness and destroyed. (DS9: "The Passenger").

Just one way bashir could not be town.
The extra in is for /in

Return to “Completed Large Theme Games”