notquitethere
Goon
notquitethere
Goon
Goon

Post Post #825 (ISO) » Wed Jul 01, 2015 6:35 am

Post by notquitethere »

Varsoon

In post 822, Varsoon wrote:In literally every themed game I've played, scum have been given fake-claims that are flavor-fitting and that can be claimed without counterclaim.
Huh. I didn't know that but I guess that would make sense. This is my first themed game here.

In post 822, Varsoon wrote:
I can see you AND Big being town.
I think maybe we should just hunt elsewhere than you two.
It's possible but do you really buy their 'Enabler is an Encryptor' assumption? Why wouldn't someone just check the mafiascum wiki? And why are you still voting me?

In post 823, Varsoon wrote:So, there's scum within Mainez and Aristophanes
And then there's likely two scum between West9, Toast, JohnnyFarrar
Do you think this because of who was on the different lynches?

Big

In post 824, Big The Cat wrote:Honest question...why do you have to be rude?
I'm sorry for being short with you. I try and be gentlemanly regardless when I'm playing this game. It's just frustrating: even if we imagine you were town, now scum know that I'm the town enabler thanks to your slot apparently thinking it was a scum role.

---

So of the remaining players, my guess is Johnny is Szilard (an immortal serial killer that eats other immortals). Big is a strong fit for scum and they claim to have been blocked and there was only one kill last night so there's that. West and Aristo have mostly kept their head down recently (the latter didn't vote for almost all of D2 as far as I can see) so my thinking is at least one of them is in the scum team. Though they've all been relatively engaged, there could still be a scum in Varsoon, Mainez and Toast. I like Toast the most I think, and I don't like Varsoon's weird total-support for Big but I thought he was OK before (I'll need to take a look at some ISOs).

Given Big's claim, I'm struggling to see any town-motivation in first trying to obliquely get me lynched and then outing me as an Enabler. Although we need to kill all threats to town, given that it could be LYLO (as I've outlined earlier) I'd much rather hit one of the scum team. Also, we're probably running out of immortal players for Johnny to eat.
Varsoon
Varsoon
Scatman
Varsoon
Scatman
Scatman

Post Post #826 (ISO) » Wed Jul 01, 2015 7:06 am

Post by Varsoon »

Yeah, mostly because of who was on the lynches.
I'm pretty sure I unvoted you, but for good measure;
VOTE: UNVOTE
UNVOTE:
Cheetory6
Cheetory6
MS Painter
Cheetory6
MS Painter
MS Painter

Post Post #827 (ISO) » Wed Jul 01, 2015 7:39 am

Post by Cheetory6 »

Vote Count 3.1
notquitethere
[1] - Big The Cat
Big The Cat
[1] - notquitethere
No Vote
[6] - Aristophanes, JohnnyFarrar, Mainez, ToastyToast, Varsoon, West9

It takes 5 votes to lynch.
Day three will end on July 15, 2015 or in (expired on 2015-07-15 22:00:00)
JohnnyFarrar
JohnnyFarrar
Jack of All Trades
JohnnyFarrar
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #828 (ISO) » Wed Jul 01, 2015 8:44 am

Post by JohnnyFarrar »

I'D APPRECIATE IT IF WE COULD ALL STOP VOTING LIKE MAD FOR A SECOND. It's not unreasonable to think we might be in lylo right now. eight people left, 1 bad lynch and two night kills could seal the deal.

In post 775, notquitethere wrote:
In post 774, Varsoon wrote:VOTE: NQT

I hope this isn't LYLO of some sort.

Where's the love, Varsoon?

So I'm pretty sure either Big the Cat or Johnny is the serial killer (as we know from the setting it must be an immortal doing the killing). All the threats to town have to be neutralised and we're staring straight at one of them.

You going to confirm or deny this, VOTE: Big?

How about you,
Varsoon
?

This is a silly way to think. Here we are in what more townie people (cough cough Varsoon cough cough) are worried about as potential lylo, and you've decided on lynching third party?

Ugh. This is why I play open games. Role spec is hard. Things I'm noticing: Big has claimed the only normal ass role so far. Everyone else either has a flavor name for it (i.e. Immortal) or a role that I've just never heard of (i.e. Dealer, deflector, enabler)

Ari is disengaged still, which is a bad sign. West is disengaged still, which is a terrible sign. I still have no thoughts on Mainez which makes me super nervous, and I don't want to lynch Big or Varsoon.
Phone posting. Low effort, big fun.
"In my heart, Johnny will always be scum" - Not_Mafia
JohnnyFarrar
JohnnyFarrar
Jack of All Trades
JohnnyFarrar
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #829 (ISO) » Wed Jul 01, 2015 8:46 am

Post by JohnnyFarrar »

After we talk about roles for a minute I'm probably going to suggest voting Toast, West, or Mainez.
Varsoon
Varsoon
Scatman
Varsoon
Scatman
Scatman

Post Post #830 (ISO) » Wed Jul 01, 2015 8:47 am

Post by Varsoon »

Basically, I redirect all abilities away from myself and onto other people.
I'm not gonna claim if I'm immortal or not, because, y'know, that's important shit to keep secret, I feel.
So don't claim your character if you can avoid it.
notquitethere
notquitethere
Goon
notquitethere
Goon
Goon

Post Post #831 (ISO) » Wed Jul 01, 2015 9:03 am

Post by notquitethere »

Johnny
, Read a bit further on: I'm convinced now we need to hit the mafia team. If you're an SK then we can get you tomorrow. And hell, maybe you'll do us a favour and hit scum in the night. Also if you read again you'll see it was actually me that was trying to convince Varsoon that we could be in lylo not the other way around.
Aristophanes
Aristophanes
He/Him
Mr. Blue Sky
Aristophanes
He/Him
Mr. Blue Sky
Mr. Blue Sky
Pronoun: He/Him

Post Post #832 (ISO) » Wed Jul 01, 2015 9:50 am

Post by Aristophanes »

Sorry, all. I've been more active lurky since I joined the site here and it's something I'm working on correcting.

Enabler seems pretty town to me. In the Wiki it definitely points that way and NQT has been solid in trying to sort things.

Rolecop could go either way, but I was liking Bro more by the end of his time here and Big is, well, maybe not quite as convincing, but definitely someone to keep around for a bit I guess.

Deflector is interesting. It is possible that Varsoon was targeted for either or both kills, or that one was at him and one at Jazz, explaining the lack of kill. I say this because the chance of blocking roles in a game with an ascetic and multiple immortals seems unlikely. That's not to say he isn't a scum deflector though.

Of course, as I think about this, I realize that Big said they were blocked last night...

This means that there are:
2 immortal, 1 RB, 1 Enabler, 1 Ascetic, 1 Deflector, 1 RoleCop, we had 2 other immortals, a vengeful, a BG, and whatever a Distraction is supposed to be.
Almost all of these are protective type things or screw with night actions.

Either scum have amazing roles or we have way too many ways to avoid death and block things.
I'd but at least one between RB, Ascetic, and Deflector is scum, along with one of the immortals (possibly as TP).

I took too long thinking about this and need to break from it though. Will mull it over a bit and get back to it.

I really hope this post makes sense...
Half meme, Half real, All Aristophanes ;)
- Jingle
Ari has appeared way too competent for me to even pretend to know what they're thinking
- MooseEatsBear on discord mafia
it wouldn’t be an ari sig unless it takes up half the screen on mobile - Vonflare
Varsoon
Varsoon
Scatman
Varsoon
Scatman
Scatman

Post Post #833 (ISO) » Wed Jul 01, 2015 9:56 am

Post by Varsoon »

Rolecop seems like it could honestly be a scum role and tends to be involved in role madness/theme games a lot.
JohnnyFarrar
JohnnyFarrar
Jack of All Trades
JohnnyFarrar
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #834 (ISO) » Wed Jul 01, 2015 9:57 am

Post by JohnnyFarrar »

Quit being defensive and think with me for a second. Do you think this mod would put in a standard role like "role cop" and then fill it with roles nobody's heard of? That sounds like the weakest investigation role I may have ever heard of.

@Varsoon, what happens if you don't choose a person? Also why Jazz? (Did you already say? I can't remember)

P-edit:
This means that there are:
2 immortal, 1 RB, 1 Enabler, 1 Ascetic, 1 Deflector, 1 RoleCop, we had 2 other immortals, a vengeful, a BG, and whatever a Distraction is supposed to be.

OK woah, who are all of these? I'm immortal, you're Ascetic, Varsoon's deflector, and Big's role cop.

PP-edit: I mean Varsoon's that's what I'm trying to decide
Varsoon
Varsoon
Scatman
Varsoon
Scatman
Scatman

Post Post #835 (ISO) » Wed Jul 01, 2015 10:02 am

Post by Varsoon »

inb4 that's a slip from Aristo or something.

I think the ability is compulsive. I guess I could just not submit an action and I'd just be affected normally?
So I was leaning scum on my read of the jazzmyn slot for some reason so I was hoping an investigate would hit me and then transfer to Jazzmyn so I could be sure.
But really, I ultimately decided on Jazzmyn for each night so far because Jazzmyn claimed Bulletproof (which I thought was definitely -not- immortal but actual BP) and so I figured, "Why not make us both BP?"
Varsoon
Varsoon
Scatman
Varsoon
Scatman
Scatman

Post Post #836 (ISO) » Wed Jul 01, 2015 10:05 am

Post by Varsoon »

Just checked, it's not compulsive. But, yeah, every night I can redirect anything that would target me onto another player.
I've been hoping to either get a lying scum jazzmyn killed/targeted or prevent an NK by redirecting to a truthful town BP jazzmyn.
So, like, y'know.
Aristophanes
Aristophanes
He/Him
Mr. Blue Sky
Aristophanes
He/Him
Mr. Blue Sky
Mr. Blue Sky

Post Post #837 (ISO) » Wed Jul 01, 2015 10:17 am

Post by Aristophanes »

In post 836, Varsoon wrote:Just checked, it's not compulsive. But, yeah, every night I can redirect anything that would target me onto another player.
I've been hoping to either get a lying scum jazzmyn killed/targeted or prevent an NK by redirecting to a truthful town BP jazzmyn.
So, like, y'know.

You could also redirect to me, since nothing but a kill will effect me.

I thought we had another immortal claim, my bad. All the others are things tho, alive or dead.
- Jingle
Ari has appeared way too competent for me to even pretend to know what they're thinking
it wouldn’t be an ari sig unless it takes up half the screen on mobile - Vonflare
JohnnyFarrar
JohnnyFarrar
Jack of All Trades
JohnnyFarrar
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #838 (ISO) » Wed Jul 01, 2015 10:19 am

Post by JohnnyFarrar »

Just thinking out loud here. So either scum have a modified kill that they have hilariously decided not to use for two nights in a row or the modified kill my role is referring to is this eating business. If'n that be the case and there is a third party munching on people, then the RB would make sense as a scum role, because then that's also a way to stop Varsoon.
Varsoon
Varsoon
Scatman
Varsoon
Scatman
Scatman

Post Post #839 (ISO) » Wed Jul 01, 2015 10:27 am

Post by Varsoon »

Well, Aristophanes, my ability would likely -also- fail to target you.
Aristophanes
Aristophanes
He/Him
Mr. Blue Sky
Aristophanes
He/Him
Mr. Blue Sky
Mr. Blue Sky

Post Post #840 (ISO) » Wed Jul 01, 2015 11:19 am

Post by Aristophanes »

In post 839, Varsoon wrote:Well, Aristophanes, my ability would likely -also- fail to target you.

Oh, right...
- Jingle
Mainez
Mainez
Mafia Scum
Mainez
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #841 (ISO) » Wed Jul 01, 2015 12:16 pm

Post by Mainez »

i'm pretty sure Big isn't town, whether he is mafia or the SK is a whole different story all together. it's important to hit mafia today as mentioned by a number of you that it is likely that we are in lylo.
Varsoon has been extremely convincing and i would almost rule him out as a possible mafia/SK. i would say that he has just been blindly led by Big.
i think crumbing something does not rule out Big or nqt because like what Varsoon said, scum can crumb too. that being said, i am liking recent nqt's posts a lot.

not sure if this would be helpful to town but i would also like to mention that i am not one of the mentioned roles.

my suspicion is on Toasty and West9 but i'll wait for them to check in and see what they have to say.
Mainez
Mainez
Mafia Scum
Mainez
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #842 (ISO) » Wed Jul 01, 2015 12:22 pm

Post by Mainez »

wait, was there someone who said that the SK can eat immortals? where did that thought/idea come from?

if that is really the case, then i believe that mafia got blocked last night since Jazz got "eaten" and not "killed" and based on my understanding, mafia will kill people and SK will eat people up. this coupled with Big saying he got role-blocked is pretty fishy. another possibility is that the SK tried to eat Varsoon and it got deflected to Jazz. if that's the case, i think it's unlikely that Big wanted to eat Varsoon considering how much Varsoon has been supporting Big.
notquitethere
notquitethere
Goon
notquitethere
Goon
Goon

Post Post #843 (ISO) » Wed Jul 01, 2015 1:09 pm

Post by notquitethere »

My theory is that one player is immortal and eating ONLY other immortals. That's how it works in the series. 3rd parties are implied by my wincon (neutralise threats). Given that only town have flipped immortal so far, I'm ruling out the eater being a town vig. Big is cleared of being an SK because there was person consumption both nights and he knew my role.
Big The Cat
Big The Cat
Townie
Big The Cat
Townie
Townie

Post Post #844 (ISO) » Wed Jul 01, 2015 1:13 pm

Post by Big The Cat »

VOTE: Mainez

So you think we could be a SK? Then how'd we call out NQT's role?

(Frog)
Mainez
Mainez
Mafia Scum
Mainez
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #845 (ISO) » Wed Jul 01, 2015 1:19 pm

Post by Mainez »

good point, i overlooked that.
yeap, you're cleared of being a SK.
Big The Cat
Big The Cat
Townie
Big The Cat
Townie
Townie

Post Post #846 (ISO) » Wed Jul 01, 2015 1:29 pm

Post by Big The Cat »

If we were in LyLo wouldn't you be more worried about our vote on you?
Mainez
Mainez
Mafia Scum
Mainez
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #847 (ISO) » Wed Jul 01, 2015 1:40 pm

Post by Mainez »

there's only 1 vote on me, that doesn't call for panic.
but that being said, i strongly suggest you put your vote elsewhere because i assure you i'm town. in fact, my role is so innocent lol.
Mainez
Mainez
Mafia Scum
Mainez
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #848 (ISO) » Wed Jul 01, 2015 1:41 pm

Post by Mainez »

i have a paper to take in a number of hours so i'll come back here after my paper to organise my thoughts. meanwhile, i hope Toasty and West9 will check in.
ToastyToast
ToastyToast
Mafia Scum
ToastyToast
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #849 (ISO) » Wed Jul 01, 2015 5:27 pm

Post by ToastyToast »

ooop, game opened. Will catch up now and post my thoughts as I go.

@Varsoon: Why the switch to NQT? Didn't you think his wagon was shitty yesterday?
-I don't understand the lie detector thing, but I'm sure I'll learn role things soon.

In post 793, Big The Cat wrote:D'Oh! But I got roleblocked last night

So...not sure if I should say this, but my night action has failed two nights in a row. What makes you think you were roleblocked?

In post 803, notquitethere wrote:Fact: Only Immortals in the setting can eat Immortals. Fact: my town win-con says to defeat all threats to town, not just the mafia. Conjecture: there is an immortal serial killer who is eating other immortals (and maybe gaining their memories/powers?)

Yeah, I definitely think it is a serial killer at work here. Szilard fits the flavor of one perfectly as well.

In post 806, Varsoon wrote:I've chosen to believe him so far because of the specificity of his crumb in regards to me, explicitly. It was very much a means of indicating only to me that he had a potentially investigative role.

In what scenario is a role cop something you would unvote someone for? It is a role that scum have more often, and certainly isn't indicative of town status.

In post 818, notquitethere wrote:So long as I'm alive, certain town powers work.

If that's the case, then why are multiple powers aren't working? sigh...

In post 829, JohnnyFarrar wrote:After we talk about roles for a minute I'm probably going to suggest voting Toast, West, or Mainez.

Why? I still haven't seen a single reason for suspicion on me, and if you think you're going to get me mislynched without any effort, you have another thing coming.

As for the other two, when you lynch a lurker and it flops, you don't just go down the list and hope something sticks.
"A train robbery is where you take a train to your destination, make your move, and take a train back, right?"-Isaac

Town: 12-10 (I think)
Mafia: 1-1
Third Party: 1-0
Alive in:0
Dead in:0
Modded: 2

Return to “Completed Mini Theme Games”