Star Trek Deep Space Nine Season 1 Mafia(game over!)

PeregrineV
PeregrineV
Survivor
PeregrineV
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #2925 (ISO) » Mon Jul 06, 2015 9:33 am

Post by PeregrineV »

In post 2835, RIP wrote:So who else is scum with me?
I'm interested.

Although might be rethinking Narn.

And now thinking Suzune.
I will have
Limited Access
on weekends.
Thor665
Thor665
Papa Smurf
Thor665
Papa Smurf
Papa Smurf

Post Post #2926 (ISO) » Mon Jul 06, 2015 9:37 am

Post by Thor665 »

In post 2920, LittleGumball wrote:
In post 2918, Thor665 wrote:What made it worth pushing him as scum where, prior to that, you were simply pressuring him?

I've thought RIP was scummy for a while now:

Spoiler: a couple examples
In post 2659, LittleGumball wrote:ISO'd Zabing slot aka Riabi and I think that Riabi would also be a decent lynch. Mostly for tunneling Senator but also because he used to be Zabing. He often sits on the sidelines and dodges around questions and doesn't really answer/give an opinion.

So yeah, in order of who I want to lynch at this point: RIP, very closely followed by Kling, and then Riabi.

In post 2684, LittleGumball wrote:
Vote: KlingonCelt

Jumping to the top of my scum list, you've been on both town lynches and at the moment I'm townreading Sinsun.

RIP has slid a little bit down my scum list (switching places with Kling basically) because he's starting to remind me of a player back "home."

Channel has climbed up my scum list a little bit.

For me, this whole situation is even more incentive to lynch him.

None of that actually resembles reasoning - so basically you're pushing on a gut read to "pressure" him and then are like "oh yeah, but I always found him scummy".
Meh.
I find you just as questionable at this stage.
Let's lynch CDB.

In post 2923, PeregrineV wrote:I am for the lynch.

I'm also greedy and want the full scum Monty.

Or as close as possible to it by the time day ends.

:neutral:

I don't want to have to deal with another full day of this.
Vote CDB now.
Narninian
Narninian
Contracts STDs
Narninian
Contracts STDs
Contracts STDs

Post Post #2927 (ISO) » Mon Jul 06, 2015 9:39 am

Post by Narninian »

I am fine with both wagons right now.
The extra in is for /in
MonkeyMan576
MonkeyMan576
Jack of All Trades
MonkeyMan576
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #2928 (ISO) » Mon Jul 06, 2015 10:11 am

Post by MonkeyMan576 »

Vote Count 4.07- Up to post 2927

RIP[7]: Riabi, Sinsun1, KlingonCelt, davesaz, Nero Cain, Titus, LittleGumball
[L-1]

ChannelDelibird[3]: Thor665, displaced, Narninian
KlingonCelt[2]: Suzune, RIP
Not Voting(3): Channel Delibird, ArcAngel9, PeregrineV

Mod Notes: Seeking replacement for ArcAngel9.

With 15 alive, it takes 8 to lynch

Day ends Wednseday, July 8th, 11 PM USA Mountain Time or when a lynch occurs
[/area]
PeregrineV
PeregrineV
Survivor
PeregrineV
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #2929 (ISO) » Mon Jul 06, 2015 10:11 am

Post by PeregrineV »

In post 2910, RIP wrote:I saw he's VC then.
But I'm at -1 and want to make sure. Also will prevent any scum of voting cuz they didn't read or know I was -1.
I don't wanna die that's all.

Pretty sure you've been at L-1 for many pages. Being the (potentially) awesome (conditional) town tracker you are, it's surprising you haven't been hammered by scum already.

Maybe they are all on your wagon instead? That makes you very lucky, right?
I will have
Limited Access
on weekends.
PeregrineV
PeregrineV
Survivor
PeregrineV
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #2930 (ISO) » Mon Jul 06, 2015 10:24 am

Post by PeregrineV »

@Thor- sounds good

Vote: CDB

I'm
motivated
to find
scum
, but the
doctor
has been doing a shit job, and I think the "
tracker
" is also
scum
, and if he doesn't get lynched, he'll probably be
roleblocked
anyway. It would be nice if I could just
tree stump
myself like that one game, (but I waited too long). Oh well.
I will have
Limited Access
on weekends.
Sinsun1
Sinsun1
Goon
Sinsun1
Goon
Goon

Post Post #2931 (ISO) » Mon Jul 06, 2015 11:48 am

Post by Sinsun1 »

At this point, the ONLY chance RIP is town is if ALL the scum are voting him which I find hard to believe. So therefore I believe him to be scum 100% at this point, not a single doubt in my mind about that. We've been back and forth on him for a while, but he's run out of luck this time.

I would not be surprised if Suzune is scum now after recent events. Plus process of elimination. There will be some scum on RIP to bus him now that he's played terribly. That, I have no doubt.

Today we lynch RIP, tomorrow CDB and from there hopefully we have more concrete reads on those protecting the two.
Thor665
Thor665
Papa Smurf
Thor665
Papa Smurf
Papa Smurf

Post Post #2932 (ISO) » Mon Jul 06, 2015 12:15 pm

Post by Thor665 »

In post 2929, PeregrineV wrote:Pretty sure you've been at L-1 for many pages. Being the (potentially) awesome (conditional) town tracker you are, it's surprising you haven't been hammered by scum already.

If I was scum and he was town I wouldn't - would you?

In post 2931, Sinsun1 wrote:At this point, the ONLY chance RIP is town is if ALL the scum are voting him which I find hard to believe. So therefore I believe him to be scum 100% at this point, not a single doubt in my mind about that.

Again - if I was scum, I would not speed hammer him for lulz if he was town - would you if you were scum and not voting him?

In post 2931, Sinsun1 wrote:Today we lynch RIP, tomorrow CDB and from there hopefully we have more concrete reads on those protecting the two.

So how about we lynch CDB today and Rip tomorrow then? If we're lining up lynches let's go with CDB first, I'm down to at least support you on that.
Frankly, if you think hey're both potential scum I would think that CDB havingg 4 separate counterwagons pushing to avoid his lynch would be more off-putting to you than Rip, no?
Klingoncelt
Klingoncelt
Jack of All Trades
Klingoncelt
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #2933 (ISO) » Mon Jul 06, 2015 2:08 pm

Post by Klingoncelt »

Thor, the CDB lynch is for information. The RIP lynch is because he's acting super scummy.

We can try to lynch CDB yet again tomorrow.
Klingoncelt: "The whole scumteam slipped on page 1. It's the new meta. Sheep me because my reads are so accurate that whoever I name gets mod-converted to scum."
-
MiniDeathStar
davesaz
davesaz
He
Survivor
davesaz
He
Survivor
Survivor
Pronoun: He

Post Post #2934 (ISO) » Mon Jul 06, 2015 2:17 pm

Post by davesaz »

Thor, it would hardly be a quick hammer at this point. Why do you think scum would fear the hammer if RIP is town?
Wanna play Minecraft with your ms friends? Check out the minecraft thread, or the channel on discord
davesaz
davesaz
He
Survivor
davesaz
He
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #2935 (ISO) » Mon Jul 06, 2015 2:26 pm

Post by davesaz »

In post 2930, PeregrineV wrote:@Thor- sounds good

Vote: CDB

I'm motivated to find scum, but the doctor has been doing a shit job, and I think the "tracker" is also scum, and if he doesn't get lynched, he'll probably be roleblocked anyway. It would be nice if I could just tree stump myself like that one game, (but I waited too long). Oh well.

<removed color tags, I use dark skin and the text was hard to read>

Interesting choice of words. A couple of them make me want to hit the wiki. Care to fill us in on which game you're referring to?
Wanna play Minecraft with your ms friends? Check out the minecraft thread, or the channel on discord
Suzune
Suzune
Mafia Scum
Suzune
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #2936 (ISO) » Mon Jul 06, 2015 3:42 pm

Post by Suzune »

In post 2915, LittleGumball wrote:
In post 2914, Thor665 wrote:
In post 2913, LittleGumball wrote:Thank you for FINALLY coming up with an explanation for your statement. Originally my vote was to pressure you into an explanation for said lie but at this point I really do want to lynch you.
sozzles friend

So you're saying you like his explanation but want to lynch him anyway?
What are you doing?

I never said I liked it. I still think it's an awful move.
But do you believe it? You got the answer you wanted what verdict do you draw?
Nero Cain
Nero Cain
Survivor
Nero Cain
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #2937 (ISO) » Mon Jul 06, 2015 3:56 pm

Post by Nero Cain »

In post 2896, Thor665 wrote:it is based on the presumption he would openly admit he was lying as scum

I am voting RIP since I don't find his claim that believable and he is ad homming me like a good little scum.

In post 2908, Thor665 wrote:The question then becomes "do you think that is something he does as scum (assuredly yes) but not as town (I have heard no one discuss this even though it is at the crux of painitng him as a quality lynch)

I think he's plenty capable of playing like this as either alignment so how should we tell the difference?

In post 2916, davesaz wrote:The problem I have is believing there could be town who would think acting like that to attract scum to their lynch wouldn't also result in town wanting to lynch them.

TBF, I HAVE seen town do this before and its one of my least favorite things about this site.
Of all tyrannies,a tyranny sincerely exercised for the good of its victims may be the most oppressive. It would be better to live under robber barons than under omnipotent moral busybodies. The robber baron's cruelty may sometimes sleep but those who torment us for our own good will torment us without end they do so with the approval of their own conscience.

edited c.s. lewis quote b/c limit
Nero Cain
Nero Cain
Survivor
Nero Cain
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #2938 (ISO) » Mon Jul 06, 2015 3:57 pm

Post by Nero Cain »

In post 2731, Nero Cain wrote:I am ok with lynching anyone NOT in the following list of names

3. davesaz
5. Narninian
7.displaced
8. Riabi
12. Titus
16. Thor665
18. Nero Cain
20. Suzune

this is still pretty acurate and how I feel about the gamestate.
Of all tyrannies,a tyranny sincerely exercised for the good of its victims may be the most oppressive. It would be better to live under robber barons than under omnipotent moral busybodies. The robber baron's cruelty may sometimes sleep but those who torment us for our own good will torment us without end they do so with the approval of their own conscience.

Nero Cain
Nero Cain
Survivor
Nero Cain
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #2939 (ISO) » Mon Jul 06, 2015 3:58 pm

Post by Nero Cain »

Also Thor, if RIP is scum do you think his "clear" on CBD says anything about him?

LittleGumball
LittleGumball
Goon
LittleGumball
Goon
Goon

Post Post #2940 (ISO) » Mon Jul 06, 2015 4:14 pm

Post by LittleGumball »

In post 2936, Suzune wrote:
In post 2915, LittleGumball wrote:
In post 2914, Thor665 wrote:
In post 2913, LittleGumball wrote:Thank you for FINALLY coming up with an explanation for your statement. Originally my vote was to pressure you into an explanation for said lie but at this point I really do want to lynch you.
sozzles friend

So you're saying you like his explanation but want to lynch him anyway?
What are you doing?

I never said I liked it. I still think it's an awful move.
But do you believe it? You got the answer you wanted what verdict do you draw?

Is my statement "I want to lynch you" not enough for you?

I want to lynch him because I believe he is scum. I thought he was scum before and I think he is scum now. All that happened was he moved up my priority list when he didn't explain what he meant by "I lied" (presumably until his scumbuds could tell him how to attempt to fix the situation. That's part of the reason why I think his explanation is BS, if he had come up with a reason in a timely manner then it wouldn't look like he had to get help in a scumchat). You can't say "I lied" and then not expand on that and then get mad and insult/accuse everyone who votes for you and expect people to go "oh wait he claimed, that must make him town =^)" and unvote.
Thor665
Thor665
Papa Smurf
Thor665
Papa Smurf
Papa Smurf

Post Post #2941 (ISO) » Mon Jul 06, 2015 4:48 pm

Post by Thor665 »

In post 2933, Klingoncelt wrote:Thor, the CDB lynch is for information. The RIP lynch is because he's acting super scummy.

I rather disagree with you on that. I think the RIP case is an annoyance based one, and I'm fine with that - and I even think there is some scum flavor there, but hardly a giant wall as compared to CDB.

Do me a favor - go check CDB's activity on site, then in this game, and then get back to me and tell me he's not being scummy and is just an 'info lynch'.

I'll wait.

In post 2934, davesaz wrote:Thor, it would hardly be a quick hammer at this point. Why do you think scum would fear the hammer if RIP is town?

I'm not saying they would or wouldn't fear the hammer - I'm saying if I was scum I wouldn't do it if he was town (I'd certainly do it if he was scum and my buddy though, barring a useful PR) and I'm questioning the people who are claiming that because he's not hammered he *is* scum.

Anyone saying that is making the case - they need to back it up.
Do you disagree?

In post 2937, Nero Cain wrote:I am voting RIP since I don't find his claim that believable and he is ad homming me like a good little scum.

Eh - I will admit I skimmed that conversation like a beast, but he's shown omgus and ad hom throught the game as I recall. Dunno why you think that's his scum only play.

In post 2937, Nero Cain wrote: think he's plenty capable of playing like this as either alignment so how should we tell the difference?

I don't think we can tell the difference - it's why I don't like the people pushing the case with that as a reason. If I can't tell the difference I'm pretty sure they can't either, so why are they pissing on my leg and claiming it's rain?
Conversely people are being very honest and clear about their reasons for lynching CDB, those reasons are not forced, and though people are complaining they are not enough, I like the honesty of the wagon more, and also like how difficult it has been as a value call far more than the "he's not hammered yet!" crowd...which even if they think that's a thing, theoretically should apply to CDB too - so why aren't they applying it? It's weird to me.

C'mon Nero, let's give him a day to get a result and reassess - I really want this CDB lynch.
Do you think CDB is town?
Like - in any way at all?

In post 2939, Nero Cain wrote:Also Thor, if RIP is scum do you think his "clear" on CBD says anything about him?

I must have missed the claimed 'clear' but considering what he's currently claiming it was a lie that he never intended to back up, so it's basically just stupid play regardless of his alignment, yeah?
I don't really draw any conclusions from it in thinking about it, nor does it change my desire to see CDB dead - should I or should it?

In post 2940, LittleGumball wrote:I want to lynch him because I believe he is scum. I thought he was scum before and I think he is scum now. All that happened was he moved up my priority list when he didn't explain what he meant by "I lied" (presumably until his scumbuds could tell him how to attempt to fix the situation. That's part of the reason why I think his explanation is BS, if he had come up with a reason in a timely manner then it wouldn't look like he had to get help in a scumchat). You can't say "I lied" and then not expand on that and then get mad and insult/accuse everyone who votes for you and expect people to go "oh wait he claimed, that must make him town =^)" and unvote.

You're arguing he's derp scum, getting daytalk advice from scumbuddies, yet still going off reservation with the stuff he's been saying thus far?
If I'd been his bud he would have had serious walking papers after that Day 3/4 nonsense yesterday - I'm not seeing this. The concept of your scum case for him is starting to require a lot of weird attached things from your point of a few hours ago of 'gut and I was pressuring him'.
davesaz
davesaz
He
Survivor
davesaz
He
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #2942 (ISO) » Mon Jul 06, 2015 5:05 pm

Post by davesaz »

The daytalk observation is an interesting one, though I'd suggest a possible alternative discussion of "you really stepped in it, we should bus you while you keep it up." Unfortunately that possibility degenerates to a heap of WIFOM in nothing flat.
Klingoncelt
Klingoncelt
Jack of All Trades
Klingoncelt
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #2943 (ISO) » Mon Jul 06, 2015 5:10 pm

Post by Klingoncelt »

Thor,

It is now 12:07am est Tuesday. The Day ends at 1 am est Thursday. Do you really think that you can get everyone to switch to CDB in 49 hours?

RIP was at L-1 for fuck's sake.

Let's take out Sum RIP today and infolynch CDB tomorrow.
Klingoncelt: "The whole scumteam slipped on page 1. It's the new meta. Sheep me because my reads are so accurate that whoever I name gets mod-converted to scum."
-
MiniDeathStar
Klingoncelt
Klingoncelt
Jack of All Trades
Klingoncelt
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #2944 (ISO) » Mon Jul 06, 2015 5:11 pm

Post by Klingoncelt »

Let's take out *Scum* RIP.
-
MiniDeathStar
Thor665
Thor665
Papa Smurf
Thor665
Papa Smurf
Papa Smurf

Post Post #2945 (ISO) » Mon Jul 06, 2015 5:18 pm

Post by Thor665 »

@KlingonCelt - I will agree that this game seems massively averse to the idea of lynching CDB, yes.

I don't think you're selling me like you think you're selling me.
I've also claimed to have some town vibes off RIP -so you're *really* not selling me the way you seem to think you're selling me.
Thor665
Thor665
Papa Smurf
Thor665
Papa Smurf
Papa Smurf

Post Post #2946 (ISO) » Mon Jul 06, 2015 5:19 pm

Post by Thor665 »

Though currently CDB is at L-4.

I *do* think 4 votes in 49 hours should be pretty freakin' doable.
Thor665
Thor665
Papa Smurf
Thor665
Papa Smurf
Papa Smurf

Post Post #2947 (ISO) » Mon Jul 06, 2015 5:20 pm

Post by Thor665 »

In post 2928, MonkeyMan576 wrote:KlingonCelt[2]: Suzune, RIP

As frontrunners for "our votes are useless" we have these guys.
Also we have AA and CDB, if either of them ever comes back to the game.
Thor665
Thor665
Papa Smurf
Thor665
Papa Smurf
Papa Smurf

Post Post #2948 (ISO) » Mon Jul 06, 2015 5:22 pm

Post by Thor665 »

So, if CDB shows up, you should get your lynch - but I'll assuredly get RIP, meaning I only need 3 other votes.
If you move I only need 2.
I also think I half have Suzune, seeing as how she is also supporting a wagon RIP is on - so maybe I only need one if you move.

Wanna move?
RIP
RIP
Mafia Scum
RIP
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #2949 (ISO) » Mon Jul 06, 2015 5:31 pm

Post by RIP »

In post 2931, Sinsun1 wrote:At this point, the ONLY chance RIP is town is if ALL the scum are voting him which I find hard to believe. So therefore I believe him to be scum 100% at this point, not a single doubt in my mind about that. We've been back and forth on him for a while, but he's run out of luck this time.

I would not be surprised if Suzune is scum now after recent events. Plus process of elimination. There will be some scum on RIP to bus him now that he's played terribly. That, I have no doubt.

Today we lynch RIP, tomorrow CDB and from there hopefully we have more concrete reads on those protecting the two.

Why wouldn't a we do it backwards? Why are u afraid I get a tRack?

Return to “Completed Large Theme Games”