Mini 1675 ~ Choose Your Side (Game Over)

Plotinus
Plotinus
Kitten Caboodle
Plotinus
Kitten Caboodle
Kitten Caboodle

Post Post #550 (ISO) » Tue Jul 14, 2015 3:17 am

Post by Plotinus »

In post 544, Nachomamma8 wrote:
In post 540, Plotinus wrote:massive is confusing — “i’m the only member of my faction (but it’s town)” isn’t townish at all but what’s the scum motivation for saying that but anyway he’s lynchproof today so it doesn’t matter,

???groot???

I am groot I am groot I am groot

Groot groot! I am Groot!

it is hard when i can’t tell if you’re agreeing with me or not. i’m going to interpret this as “wait, what?”

massive was almost lynched, then he set himself on fire, then he wasn’t lynched after all, then when people tried to vote him, the mods didn’t count it in the votecounts and said he was on fire why would we vote him. so he’s lynchproof, and he’s said being on fire prevents him from using his night actions too. so even if we want to lynch him today, we can’t.

massive has been saying since the beginning that he’s the only townie and everyone else is scum. i saw one of the SE’s doing that in one of my newbie games and he was scum, so that made me suspicious and a lot of other people were suspicious too, that’s why we tried to lynch massive. but he’s been clinging pretty hard to this “only townie in the game” thing and I think if I were scum doing that, once i saw how it was backfiring on me i’d try to pass it off as a reaction test that backfired, and his lack of backpedalling is giving me pause. but he can’t be the only townie in the game so i dunno.

pedit: ok, glad we’re on the same page about klingon. And we seem to be in the same place on oversoul too? his early reactions to pressure seemed okay but he’s being worrisome again.
The failure mode of clever is asshole.

Modding checklists | Sequencer is in Game 5 | Space II is in Day 4
Plotinus
Plotinus
Kitten Caboodle
Plotinus
Kitten Caboodle
Kitten Caboodle

Post Post #551 (ISO) » Tue Jul 14, 2015 3:26 am

Post by Plotinus »

In post 348, freeko wrote:
In post 346, Fromage wrote:Care to name your townreads?
Me.

And my numbers thing for freeko’s slot is here. The lack of reads progression is striking, as is every single slot being a string of - - - - - - - -. (with a little bit of an exception for someone he was buddying).

That’s why massive’s “everyone but me is scum” thing worries me.

Oversoul
Oversoul
Survivor
Oversoul
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #552 (ISO) » Tue Jul 14, 2015 3:34 am

Post by Oversoul »

I don't see how any of those can be construed as PR hunting. I correctly identified Wgeurts and I am only concerned about Massive's PR because it seems like a scum ability.
Oversoul
Oversoul
Survivor
Oversoul
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #553 (ISO) » Tue Jul 14, 2015 3:35 am

Post by Oversoul »

Why do you want to vote Diginova, Nacho? Because she has Lamdadelta powers?
Oversoul
Oversoul
Survivor
Oversoul
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #554 (ISO) » Tue Jul 14, 2015 3:36 am

Post by Oversoul »

Oh holy shit I got 2 rules in fractions O_o
Plotinus
Plotinus
Kitten Caboodle
Plotinus
Kitten Caboodle
Kitten Caboodle

Post Post #555 (ISO) » Tue Jul 14, 2015 3:42 am

Post by Plotinus »

Oversoul wrote:I don't see how any of those can be construed as PR hunting. I correctly identified Wgeurts and I am only concerned about Massive's PR because it seems like a scum ability.

*double checks your ISO* you spent a lot of posts on it, though, that’s why i could see what klingon was saying. but it’s true that those were the only two slots you were trying to get claims from (you said klingon too at one point but you retracted that in your very next post (less than a minute later) so that was clearly a typo).

i’m more concerned about your lack of reads progression, personally.

(but i’m concerned about my own reads list too, so.)

wgeurts
wgeurts
They/Them
Pokédex
wgeurts
They/Them
Pokédex
Pokédex
Pronoun: They/Them

Post Post #556 (ISO) » Tue Jul 14, 2015 4:14 am

Post by wgeurts »

VOTE: The Mod
"
i agree we should have a rule against wgeurts
" -
Davsto

"
let's have 2 rules against wgeurts
" -
DeathRowKitty

Oversoul
Oversoul
Survivor
Oversoul
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #557 (ISO) » Tue Jul 14, 2015 4:22 am

Post by Oversoul »

Fair enough. I haven't been really transparent with my thoughts this game since I haven't really been trying. I do believe that CoolDog is scum and have thought so since the beginning of the game.

I did not like his early aggression and I think he is just trying to keep up appearances. He is not super active here like I thought he would be. He comes in posts a bluster of words and then leaves for a few days. That looks like typical scum trying to skate by. CoolDog is weird though that he is a mix between the scum that tries to steer the game and the scum that lurks. :shrug:

Nacho... I really have no idea what you would want from me here. His post restriction is annoying and he should probably just start to quote strip people to form sentences that are not in Grootian.

I have a town read on you, Plot. You are one of the few people actively scumhunting and actually playing in this game. I don't see you putting in this amount of effort as a scum or third party (although a wincondition could make you feel more town than third party).

Skold - is lurkerish, like I pointed out earlier, but I'm not sure he is worth going after right now.

Massive - I think is probably scum given that ability. At least not town. That ability seems more "this role needs to survive" more than "town ability".
Maru - has been lurkerish, I did not like his early game given the selective policy lynch stuff.
Menmo - lurkerish and does not contribute, honestly should be vigged at some point in the game like Wgeurts
Wgeurts - conf third party, I don't think anything needs to be said on this front, but I would like to say I called him out instantly! : ]
MewThree - lurker too.

Klingon and Digi I have to read more into. I think I know what Digi's role is, I think Nacho does too, but I'm not sure why Nacho thinks that Digi is scum for it. Kling given her more recent post on me I feel is probably town.

So... yeah... This game does not have a lot of activity or information to parse through. It is funny that this game has been so slow despite being bastard and filled with rather spammy type players. I think that is on account of them choosing 3rd party or scum and tending to be survivalistic.
Plotinus
Plotinus
Kitten Caboodle
Plotinus
Kitten Caboodle
Kitten Caboodle

Post Post #558 (ISO) » Tue Jul 14, 2015 4:53 am

Post by Plotinus »

thank you. That helps. I think I was just being paranoid earlier.

with nacho, i want him to use other people’s sentence (and i gave him two games’ worth of his own sentences on top of that) to work around his post restriction because otherwise we have no way of reading him. I gave him sentences for townreading people and scumreading people and dismantling cases and buddying people and asking questions but if he doesn’t use them then there’s not much we can do to read him. I don’t fault anyone for not being able to read him.

Agree about massive. You were right about wgeurts. I agree on CoolDog.

What bothers me about digi is using their role to add a rule like “no tildes or diacritics” which, the tilde part at least, is an easy way for a person to get themselves modkilled by mistake (i sometimes use them to denote something like sarcasm or instead of scare quotes, but i’m being careful). I can think of potential rules that would have a more protown affect than don’t use tildes: a rule against prodging maybe[1] or a rule against fluff posts that don’t further the game or a rule requiring people to mention a read they have on someone in each post.

[1] I haven’t prodged yet in my games (except towards the end of We Didn’t Playtest This when I’d said literally all that I could say and I was just waiting on the hydra to resolve their hydra dissonance about whether to mislynch me or not and they needed time and space to make their decision and they didn’t need anything else from me at the time), but there have been a few times when I wanted to but I took a little extra time to put some game relevant information into the post so it didn’t look like a prodge. It would be protown to have a rule requiring prodges to further the game a little bit.

I hope we do have a vig, because we have to get rid of wgeurts before LYLO since I’m sure quite a few different win conditions would be happy to hammer him then (mafia, survivor, SK, others i can’t think of?). I agree mcmenno would be a good shot after wgeurts.

Klingoncelt
Klingoncelt
Jack of All Trades
Klingoncelt
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #559 (ISO) » Tue Jul 14, 2015 5:46 am

Post by Klingoncelt »

In post 542, Nachomamma8 wrote:
In post 475, diginova wrote:
In post 403, GreyICE wrote:Proper punctuation and grammar will help your case!

Well then, I guess we're doomed.
At least
there are no tildes or diacritical marks in any posts by players in this game, ignoring quotes from the moderators.

Nacho's right. Diginova's is chock full o' crap.
Klingoncelt: "The whole scumteam slipped on page 1. It's the new meta. Sheep me because my reads are so accurate that whoever I name gets mod-converted to scum."
-
MiniDeathStar
CooLDoG
CooLDoG
Mafia Scum
CooLDoG
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #560 (ISO) » Tue Jul 14, 2015 5:48 am

Post by CooLDoG »

In post 533, Klingoncelt wrote:UNVOTE:

Plotinus, I'm not seeing where CD is Scum.

I'm more concerned with Oversoul, I think he's PR hunting.

plus , , ,

doesn't explain any of his votes other than CoolDog, but questions why some one is voting Plotinus , , , , , ,

VOTE: Oversoul

you have no probably guessed the reason why I am not talking about why people are voting for me. There is nothing to say because people have not said anything about it.

In post 557, Oversoul wrote:
I did not like his early aggression and I think he is just trying to keep up appearances. He is not super active here like I thought he would be. He comes in posts a bluster of words and then leaves for a few days. That looks like typical scum trying to skate by. CoolDog is weird though that he is a mix between the scum that tries to steer the game and the scum that lurks. :shrug:

This is how I normally play... you can check that out. Also, I think I only did not post maybe 1 or 2 days when this thread is open. Also, you guys aren't giving me much to talk about so I am not going to post if nothing is going on...
after a wank.
CooLDoG
CooLDoG
Mafia Scum
CooLDoG
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #561 (ISO) » Tue Jul 14, 2015 5:48 am

Post by CooLDoG »

also: if/when plot flips scum oversoul's last town read out of nowhere will be remembered.
after a wank.
Klingoncelt
Klingoncelt
Jack of All Trades
Klingoncelt
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #562 (ISO) » Tue Jul 14, 2015 5:53 am

Post by Klingoncelt »

I'm dead tired and have to crash.

See you guys late tonight.
Klingoncelt: "The whole scumteam slipped on page 1. It's the new meta. Sheep me because my reads are so accurate that whoever I name gets mod-converted to scum."
-
MiniDeathStar
Plotinus
Plotinus
Kitten Caboodle
Plotinus
Kitten Caboodle
Kitten Caboodle

Post Post #563 (ISO) » Tue Jul 14, 2015 6:12 am

Post by Plotinus »

In post 561, CooLDoG wrote:also: if/when plot flips scum oversoul's last town read out of nowhere will be remembered.

how is it out of nowhere when his approach to me hasn’t changed since page 1?

diginova
diginova
Goon
diginova
Goon
Goon

Post Post #564 (ISO) » Tue Jul 14, 2015 6:39 am

Post by diginova »

I still don't see any reason why CooLDoG is scum. His , , , and I don't think could be posted by anything other than frustrated town.

Groot's still town; the only thing that could say otherwise to me at the moment is that Jeanne was mute mafia, but that's just setup spec.

Klingoncelt's been doing loads of setup speculation, but not much of anything. She just put a vote on massive in , after talking about how it was impossible in and . She's either not fully paying attention or trying to buddy with someone that corrects her, as Plot did in .

Massive is very much third party / scum, but isn't a valid vote.

Oversoul's doing far too much setup spec / role hunting for his own good. I also don't see any real reason why his vote went off Skold based on his . Also in , he's super-prematurely calling for Klingon to claim due to just a hunch, but then in his reads list he's now probably town.

McMenno hasn't done enough for any reads to be valid, and I don't think he'll do anything in the future due to his two-week V/LA.

I don't really have much to say about Plot... for some reason I can't read them. I'll try again later, but they're at least throwing out a lot of reads and information, so no matter what, town or scum, they'd be helpful to bring into D2.

Maru is very null-scum. His is good, but his is terrible. He's been far too focused on trying to policy-lynch McMenno.
Now what incentive do I have to use it however, on someone who I think is scum and refuses to claim when asked? Curiouser and Curiouser.

His and rub me the wrong way with his soft-claim: He was voting Massive and trying to keep voting Massive post-ignition, yet somehow instead of using his power to put him out so he could be voted he just goes right back to McMenno.

Skold's doing a great job of saying nothing/making jokes instead of actually posting. He's mainly repeating things other people said. I want more posts like his .

At the moment, I'm torn between Maru and Oversoul. I'm fine with a lynch on either right now. VOTE: Oversoul
猫の手も借りたい

Robo Rally
diginova
diginova
Goon
diginova
Goon
Goon

Post Post #565 (ISO) » Tue Jul 14, 2015 6:43 am

Post by diginova »

Also, some information about my use of the red:
1) It's impulsive. I have to use it within my first 10 posts of each Day.
2) I'm not a time traveller, or I would have used it as Plotinus suggested in . The way I phrased the red wasn't by choice.
3) Game Rule 15 doesn't apply to me. Unlike all of you, if I get a strike it's an immediate modkill.
猫の手も借りたい

Robo Rally
diginova
diginova
Goon
diginova
Goon
Goon

Post Post #566 (ISO) » Tue Jul 14, 2015 6:46 am

Post by diginova »

Sorry, compulsive not impulsive. Not sure why I switched them up there.
猫の手も借りたい

Robo Rally
Plotinus
Plotinus
Kitten Caboodle
Plotinus
Kitten Caboodle
Kitten Caboodle

Post Post #567 (ISO) » Tue Jul 14, 2015 7:06 am

Post by Plotinus »

The explanation of how your ability works makes me feel better about how you used it. If it has to be something about what letters people write in posts, then disallowing diacritics and tildes is an easier global post restriction than other things you could have chosen.

Maruchan
Maruchan
she/her
Jack of All Trades
Maruchan
she/her
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades
Pronoun: she/her

Post Post #568 (ISO) » Tue Jul 14, 2015 8:02 am

Post by Maruchan »

In post 557, Oversoul wrote:Maru - has been lurkerish, I did not like his early game given the selective policy lynch stuff.
Menmo - lurkerish and does not contribute, honestly should be vigged at some point in the game like Wgeurts

A: These do not compute.
B: sorry about the lurkerish I really should've posted a V/LA. I'll be semi-active, but

Mod: V/LA until Tuesday 7/21 at roughly 6PM ish

I'm at home with family for the first time in a year and a half after having the last trip canceled because of a huge blowup fight between me and my dad that we later resolved. Between spending time with the family, dad's trips to getting drunk and gambling on the Nevada border, the trips to the local amusement park, and the day I spent catching up with other family members and the evening spent on a sudo-date-ish-thingy with my ex-girlfriend, this week hasn't left me a lot of time to contribute. I still prefer a mcmenno lynch, but because of how stupidly obtuse diginova's arbitrary rule was, I'd be ok with flipping to him if deadline became an issue. I don't feel comfortable lynching CooLDog at this juncture, and while i feel more comfortable lynching Oversoul than cd, I'd prefer to keep them both alive until tomorrow. Groot shouldn't die. That's a given. Plotinus is so-so. If everyone was hounding me to be on him, and it was him or deadline, I'd probably accept his lynch. Wgeurts will never be lynched, and if he is scum-playing-fool-to-avoid-lynch, well played he deserves a scummy. Kill him tonight please. Earlier i was townreading klingon but right now I can't remember enough of him to make an impression. I'd have to re-read before i gave a serious input on him.

I go home on thursday, then my mom is coming to visit for the first time in two years friday/sturday/sunday.
In post 564, diginova wrote:He was voting Massive and trying to keep voting Massive post-ignition, yet somehow instead of using his power to put him out so he could be voted he just goes right back to McMenno.

Re this: It's a night power.

The comment about digi in my first reply is now less of an issue after reading his explanation.

Also I am just going to come out and say it because whynot. I'm third party. I am partially night-kill-immune (you are MORE than welcome to test this, please be my guest) and will NOT be describing which part is not immune out of self interest. I am a positive-utility power role, with pro town abilities resembling those of a Doctor PR, but on super steroids. I have a choice of two active abilities to use each night, the first being my earlier mentioned possible-fire-extinguishing ability. It's a "use this for cool results" ability, meaning I haven't been told what it does, I'm pretty sure it varies on what it does each time I use it, and I doubt I will be told what affect it has when I do use it. But from canon, it's pretty powerful and usually positive utility.

My second active ability is the doc-on-steroids-like ability I mentioned, and that's also the ability i breadcrumb'd earlier as being super positive-utility, but also relatively anti-self role. From canon, overuse of this active ability will lead to my own death. Or the fulfillment of one of my three winconditions. Yes three.

All three win conditions I can achieve are nearly impossible without assistance from the town, which is canonically correct as my role is a very town-sided third party character. I breadcrumb'd all three as much as I'm willing to in my first post.

If you wish to meta me as proof of my third party-anti-scummieness, sometime in my last three games someone SPECIFICALLY asked in RQS if you could pick your alignment what would you pick. I answered along the lines of recruiting-third-party first, any other non-recruiting-third-party second, town third, and scum last.

If you are willing to accept me at my word, that meta should be good enough to prove my third-over-scum possibility, and if you don't trust me as third, then know I would have preferred town over scum.

Also my winning does not directly hamper nor stop town from winning. Following the town's win condition, it appears I either have to win, or die, before town can win. If the second option is chosen, I'd prefer to die later than sooner, as this game is fun, and my role is the best role I have ever had in the history of mafia, and was also the most accurate-to-canon tailored role for my upick I have ever seen.

(PS: I've breadcrumb;d enough most of you should be able to pick out the name of my role, please don't out it if you figure it out)
Show
Returning to modding after a nearly two year hiatus!
9 player Purgatory coming to the Open Queue Soon!
Join Now!

Micro Grand Idea uPick coming to the micro queue soon!
Maruchan
Maruchan
she/her
Jack of All Trades
Maruchan
she/her
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades
Pronoun: she/her

Post Post #569 (ISO) » Tue Jul 14, 2015 8:04 am

Post by Maruchan »

(and yes, claiming without any pressure is something I do often, feel free to meta)
Show
Returning to modding after a nearly two year hiatus!
9 player Purgatory coming to the Open Queue Soon!
Join Now!

Micro Grand Idea uPick coming to the micro queue soon!
diginova
diginova
Goon
diginova
Goon
Goon

Post Post #570 (ISO) » Tue Jul 14, 2015 8:59 am

Post by diginova »

If I hadn't been out of town when the game started, my rule would have been much more interesting and far less fiddly, more like one of the ones plot came up with.
I can't post any rule that's already been broken, thus the riders on the one I did come up with.
猫の手も借りたい

Robo Rally
MewThree
MewThree
I am not a cat!
MewThree
I am not a cat!
I am not a cat!

Post Post #571 (ISO) » Tue Jul 14, 2015 10:36 am

Post by MewThree »

Diginova, are you for or against a massive D2 lynch?
SlappyKrust
diginova
diginova
Goon
diginova
Goon
Goon

Post Post #572 (ISO) » Tue Jul 14, 2015 10:41 am

Post by diginova »

Assuming the flips don't give us any revelations, for.
猫の手も借りたい

Robo Rally
MewThree
MewThree
I am not a cat!
MewThree
I am not a cat!
I am not a cat!

Post Post #573 (ISO) » Tue Jul 14, 2015 12:29 pm

Post by MewThree »

I like diginova

Maruchan, massive lynch D2, yea or nea?