Newbie 1625: American Spring - Day 5 (DL - 08/31)

For Newbie Games, which have a set format and experienced moderators. Archived during the 2023 queue overhaul.
HenryCabotLodge
HenryCabotLodge
Goon
HenryCabotLodge
Goon
Goon

Post Post #700 (ISO) » Fri Jul 24, 2015 6:17 am

Post by HenryCabotLodge »

In post 695, Thespio wrote:So you wont support your vote with what actually makes you think he is scum... and you also wont look over your slot and let us know what you would read it as... Explain to us why your town? anyone else have any thoughts? hcl?

I'm not sure what having BBT analyze his own slot will accomplish. He's going to portray it as townie no matter what. Also, his speculation on Stubbs isn't anymore useful than ours- it's not like he has some special insight into Stubbs' style of play. Stubbs infrequent posting was not good, but I think there are a lot more pressing things facing the town right now. If anything, this is a distraction. Stubbs' previous play will not figure much into how I look at BBT moving forward.
HenryCabotLodge
HenryCabotLodge
Goon
HenryCabotLodge
Goon
Goon

Post Post #701 (ISO) » Fri Jul 24, 2015 6:19 am

In post 699, Thespio wrote:
In post 697, BlueBloodedToffee wrote:I'm not explaining why I'm town. That's for other people to decide, not for me to tell.

Ok well we all scum read your slot... But we didnt get a whole lot of analysis on micc's case or why stubbs was town in his actions, this concerns me. Because as I said before, if you cant justify it as town how can we?

I wasn't aware I scumread Stubbs.
Thespio
Thespio
Mafia Scum
Thespio
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #702 (ISO) » Fri Jul 24, 2015 6:23 am

Post by Thespio »

@HCL I guess i see why it wont help a ton, but he wont even try to be biased, he reads me as scum, which is fine, but read stubbs, it just seems a little odd.

@HCL hmm, now that I look @ your posts you have been against his lynch, mostly by stating you dont agree with micc's view... My bad then, i know Bulba, NS, Myself, and Micc all have been watching his slot though.
Thespio
Thespio
Mafia Scum
Thespio
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #703 (ISO) » Fri Jul 24, 2015 6:24 am

Post by Thespio »

the second @ is PEDIT
HenryCabotLodge
HenryCabotLodge
Goon
HenryCabotLodge
Goon
Goon

Post Post #704 (ISO) » Fri Jul 24, 2015 6:28 am

In post 702, Thespio wrote:@HCL I guess i see why it wont help a ton, but he wont even try to be biased, he reads me as scum, which is fine, but read stubbs, it just seems a little odd.

@HCL hmm, now that I look @ your posts you have been against his lynch, mostly by stating you dont agree with micc's view... My bad then, i know Bulba, NS, Myself, and Micc all have been watching his slot though.

I was def keeping an eye on his play, but there wasn't enough to go on for me to think he was scum. I think we should be hesitant to let a lack of activity be the prime motivator in a lynch considering how Stoz flipped.
JoramvanVugt
JoramvanVugt
Goon
JoramvanVugt
Goon
Goon

Post Post #705 (ISO) » Fri Jul 24, 2015 6:30 am

Post by JoramvanVugt »

In post 684, HenryCabotLodge wrote:Thespio and Joram, does your boredom with our nww replacement's summary/analysis have anything to do with the fact that he's expressed suspicion of both of you? It looks like an attempt to discredit his opinions.

I also like having fresh eyes on the game and getting a detailed overview like this.

Dont know where you get this from tbh, cause i said i kinda like someone pointing out my mistakes,
And im not on the list of 3 he said to lynch so IDK why you are saying this about me. i havent tried to discredit his suspicion of me. if there is any in the slightest.
Thespio
Thespio
Mafia Scum
Thespio
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #706 (ISO) » Fri Jul 24, 2015 6:32 am

Post by Thespio »

In post 700, HenryCabotLodge wrote:
In post 695, Thespio wrote:So you wont support your vote with what actually makes you think he is scum... and you also wont look over your slot and let us know what you would read it as... Explain to us why your town? anyone else have any thoughts? hcl?

I'm not sure what having BBT analyze his own slot will accomplish. He's going to portray it as townie no matter what. Also, his speculation on Stubbs isn't anymore useful than ours- it's not like he has some special insight into Stubbs' style of play. Stubbs infrequent posting was not good, but I think there are a lot more pressing things facing the town right now. If anything, this is a distraction. Stubbs' previous play will not figure much into how I look at BBT moving forward.

Also what does it matter, if he is going to portray stubbs as town why not just do it? its kinda odd how you have always been null/against voting this slot...

Also the lack of activity isnt what makes me off about it, i was more concerned by his reactions to accusations. But ultimately it doesnt hurt to ask someone to read their slot and give reasons for actions if they were town or scum, as i did with bulba.

PEDIT: @ Joram, i did find it odd that he accused the both of us, it kinda seems like he didnt want us questioning Blue's reads...
BlueBloodedToffee
BlueBloodedToffee
Survivor
BlueBloodedToffee
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #707 (ISO) » Fri Jul 24, 2015 6:38 am

Post by BlueBloodedToffee »

Hey Thespio, you seemed intent on voting NS earlier.

You should absolutely hammer him now.
Meta this. Meta that. Meta Everything. Meta is not a good scum-hunting tool. PEOPLE CAN MANIPULATE THEIR META. Stop it. Stop. It. Now.
Thespio
Thespio
Mafia Scum
Thespio
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #708 (ISO) » Fri Jul 24, 2015 6:39 am

Post by Thespio »

In post 707, BlueBloodedToffee wrote:Hey Thespio, you seemed intent on voting NS earlier.

I dont have a reason to, i think this is an opportunistic lynch, Joram you should remove your vote so he cant be quick hammered.
HenryCabotLodge
HenryCabotLodge
Goon
HenryCabotLodge
Goon
Goon

Post Post #709 (ISO) » Fri Jul 24, 2015 6:40 am

In post 706, Thespio wrote:
In post 700, HenryCabotLodge wrote:

Also what does it matter, if he is going to portray stubbs as town why not just do it? its kinda odd how you have always been null/against voting this slot...

Also the lack of activity isnt what makes me off about it, i was more concerned by his reactions to accusations. But ultimately it doesnt hurt to ask someone to read their slot and give reasons for actions if they were town or scum, as i did with bulba.

PEDIT: @ Joram, i did find it odd that he accused the both of us, it kinda seems like he didnt want us questioning Blue's reads...

Questioning is fine. Saying "this is boring" is at best useless and at worst scummy. I do see that Joram said that he welcomed a chance to improve his play, that's my mistake.

If he analyzes Stubbs he's going to spin everything as town. Even if he admits something's scummy i can easily be explained away by just saying Stubbs wasn't a great player. The likelihood of Stubbs just being a lackluster townie is the same as him being scum. An analysis from BBT won't change that.
BlueBloodedToffee
BlueBloodedToffee
Survivor
BlueBloodedToffee
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #710 (ISO) » Fri Jul 24, 2015 6:41 am

In post 708, Thespio wrote:
I dont have a reason to, i think this is an opportunistic lynch, Joram you should remove your vote so he cant be quick hammered.

Oh, you had reason to earlier in the DP though? Why has this changed?

Can you explain what exactly is opportunistic about this lynch on NS?
Meta this. Meta that. Meta Everything. Meta is not a good scum-hunting tool. PEOPLE CAN MANIPULATE THEIR META. Stop it. Stop. It. Now.
BlueBloodedToffee
BlueBloodedToffee
Survivor
BlueBloodedToffee
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #711 (ISO) » Fri Jul 24, 2015 6:42 am

Thespio, given post , what am I to make of your consistent switching of votes/reads/opinions?
JoramvanVugt
JoramvanVugt
Goon
JoramvanVugt
Goon
Goon

Post Post #712 (ISO) » Fri Jul 24, 2015 6:46 am

Post by JoramvanVugt »

I wont remove my vote from NS seeing as i still think he is scum. so him being quick hammered would not be a problem for me.

Thespio you are still scum to me, you and NS have been since day 1. im not so sure about you as i am about NS so thats why my vote is not on you.
i do agree with what you said. HCL seems susp for saying we are trying to discredit his reads while we both said it was a good thing he did this.

and i dont get why you guys want BBT to analyze stubbs' previous posts, he is not in this game anymore so it doesnt matter. a other person will play different even if they are town or scum. If you would replace someone and he played scummy would you like to be judged on his posts? i wouldnt so for me im only looking at BBT's posts not at stubbs
Thespio
Thespio
Mafia Scum
Thespio
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #713 (ISO) » Fri Jul 24, 2015 6:47 am

Post by Thespio »

@HCL, i also said that i appreciated the reads, but jumping on us for wanting more discussion is silly.

If he analyzes Stubbs he's going to spin everything as town. Even if he admits something's scummy i can easily be explained away by just saying Stubbs wasn't a great player. The likelihood of Stubbs just being a lackluster townie is the same as him being scum. An analysis from BBT won't change that.

I still find it quite odd that you dont think he should atleast try to explain it. What does forgetting his counterpart do for us?

PEDIT: its odd you come it, drop how im your biggest suspect and then dont vote me but try to appeal to me for a quick lynch.

NS didnt change his vote because Joram looked town to him, i did the same thing with Stoz. I didnt support his lynch in the end because i didnt see him as scum.

This is opportunistic for you, you think i shift based off of opinion, but its more based off of who i feel portrays scum. And I think you are.

PEDIT; PEDIT: Post 99 was early in the game, and i was referring to votes that aren't justified.

I wont support a NS, lynch unless he gives me a reason, or you give me a read on Stubbs and I agree with the methodology.
VOTE: BlueBloodedToffee
Thespio
Thespio
Mafia Scum
Thespio
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #714 (ISO) » Fri Jul 24, 2015 6:50 am

Post by Thespio »

@Joram, if someone is willing to look over themselves and tell me why they feel it was a good/bad thing to do then I will be more likely to understand their thought process but im not getting that from him which again, makes him look like he cant spin it as town, or is lazy, but we know he isnt lazy, so....
JoramvanVugt
JoramvanVugt
Goon
JoramvanVugt
Goon
Goon

Post Post #715 (ISO) » Fri Jul 24, 2015 6:55 am

Post by JoramvanVugt »

Okay im starting to understand your point, im like 50/50 on this:

Yeah i think him going over stubbs old posts would be good because it can give us some valuable info
but still this was stubbs first game right? this was my first game. i made mistakes day 1 that almost got me lynched. if i would have dropped out because of that my replacement would have been lynched just because i did stupid things.
Im town i have already roleclaimed, idk if anyone believes the role claim and i dont really care either.
Thespio
Thespio
Mafia Scum
Thespio
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #716 (ISO) » Fri Jul 24, 2015 6:58 am

Post by Thespio »

In post 715, JoramvanVugt wrote:i have already roleclaimed

Vanilla, right?
JoramvanVugt
JoramvanVugt
Goon
JoramvanVugt
Goon
Goon

Post Post #717 (ISO) » Fri Jul 24, 2015 6:58 am

Post by JoramvanVugt »

In post 716, Thespio wrote:
In post 715, JoramvanVugt wrote:i have already roleclaimed

Vanilla, right?

ye
Thespio
Thespio
Mafia Scum
Thespio
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #718 (ISO) » Fri Jul 24, 2015 7:00 am

Post by Thespio »

If HCL was scum im like 90% sure his scum buddy would be stubbs/blue, hcl really was hands off with Stubbs.
BlueBloodedToffee
BlueBloodedToffee
Survivor
BlueBloodedToffee
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #719 (ISO) » Fri Jul 24, 2015 7:03 am

In post 713, Thespio wrote:
PEDIT: its odd you come it, drop how im your biggest suspect and then dont vote me but try to appeal to me for a quick lynch.

NS didnt change his vote because Joram looked town to him, i did the same thing with Stoz. I didnt support his lynch in the end because i didnt see him as scum.

This is opportunistic for you, you think i shift based off of opinion, but its more based off of who i feel portrays scum. And I think you are.

PEDIT; PEDIT: Post 99 was early in the game, and i was referring to votes that aren't justified.

I wont support a NS, lynch unless he gives me a reason, or you give me a read on Stubbs and I agree with the methodology.
VOTE: BlueBloodedToffee

I wonder why I'm trying to goad you (one of my scum reads) to hammer NS (another one of my scum reads)...I wonder why I might do that...

I mean, you were happy go lucky early in the Day, voting, unvoting, voting, unvoting. I'm simply asking that you place another vote on NS. I don't know why you're speaking for NS either...

Can you explain why you think I'm scum?

I don't care when the post was. You said vote hopping and quick changes in views was scummy and yet here you are; doing those very actions all over the thread.

How strange...
Thespio
Thespio
Mafia Scum
Thespio
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #720 (ISO) » Fri Jul 24, 2015 7:07 am

Post by Thespio »

In post 719, BlueBloodedToffee wrote:Can you explain why you think I'm scum?

Because of this:

Spoiler:
In post 719, BlueBloodedToffee wrote:I wonder why I'm trying to goad you (one of my scum reads) to hammer NS (another one of my scum reads)...I wonder why I might do that...

I mean, you were happy go lucky early in the Day, voting, unvoting, voting, unvoting. I'm simply asking that you place another vote on NS. I don't know why you're speaking for NS either...

and this:

Spoiler:
Spoiler:
In post 719, BlueBloodedToffee wrote:I don't care when the post was. You said vote hopping and quick changes in views was scummy and yet here you are; doing those very actions all over the thread.

How strange...[/quote]

and this:

Spoiler:
In post 707, BlueBloodedToffee wrote:Hey Thespio, you seemed intent on voting NS earlier.

Overall you have been pretty scummy since i started asking you about why you are voting and what you think of your own slot...
BlueBloodedToffee
BlueBloodedToffee
Survivor
BlueBloodedToffee
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #721 (ISO) » Fri Jul 24, 2015 7:08 am

Oh, those posts came AFTER you voted me though and therefore cannot be used as your reasoning because they didn't exist at the time.
Thespio
Thespio
Mafia Scum
Thespio
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #722 (ISO) » Fri Jul 24, 2015 7:10 am

Post by Thespio »

In post 721, BlueBloodedToffee wrote:Oh, those posts came AFTER you voted me though and therefore cannot be used as your reasoning because they didn't exist at the time.

Your still feeding it... Like i said, your overall actions seem scummy... Voting without reason, Telling us you know something about NS but not wanting to tell us just blindly support you... Refusing to even look at your counterparts posts...
BlueBloodedToffee
BlueBloodedToffee
Survivor
BlueBloodedToffee
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #723 (ISO) » Fri Jul 24, 2015 7:12 am

Can you explain how my 'overall actions' are scummy. That's a generic term, you should make it more explicit.

I told you I'm not voting without reason. You clearly haven't read my catch up otherwise you wouldn't be saying this. I'm guessing you lost interest in my catch up once you saw I was scum reading you and now you're going to try and get rid of somebody who you perceive as a threat. I have noted you have no responded to a single accusation I made against you.

It has been explained that looking at my predecessor achieves nothing. You clearly cannot see this.
Thespio
Thespio
Mafia Scum
Thespio
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #724 (ISO) » Fri Jul 24, 2015 7:16 am

Post by Thespio »

In post 723, BlueBloodedToffee wrote:You clearly haven't read my catch up otherwise you wouldn't be saying this. I'm guessing you lost interest in my catch up once you saw I was scum reading you and now you're going to try and get rid of somebody who you perceive as a threat. I have noted you have no responded to a single accusation I made against you.

OK then, show me where in your catch up you showed support for a lynch? because like i said:

In post 698, Thespio wrote:I read your catch up, but it centered arround me and bulba in the end, and you strayed off ns once you said:
In post 665, BlueBloodedToffee wrote:
I have a theory behind what NS is doing but it relies on associatives and they're weak before the relevant flips have been made so I'll
hold onto it for now.

at this point your blind push supports my belief that you are scum. You cannot bully me into voting, my vote is set for the day, I wont be changing it.

@Aku & micc, please look over Blue and tell me what you think.

Return to “The Road to Rome [Newbie Games]”