Newbie 1625: American Spring - Day 5 (DL - 08/31)

For Newbie Games, which have a set format and experienced moderators. Archived during the 2023 queue overhaul.
Thespio
Thespio
Mafia Scum
Thespio
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #675 (ISO) » Fri Jul 24, 2015 4:51 am

Post by Thespio »

Too true! plus its a newbie game so we can learn how to play a little better.
JoramvanVugt
JoramvanVugt
Goon
JoramvanVugt
Goon
Goon

Post Post #676 (ISO) » Fri Jul 24, 2015 4:53 am

Post by JoramvanVugt »

I actually like people pointing out my mistakes so i can improve of them rather then earlier this game where i got voted multiple times and when i asked why you guys scum read me you straight up told me you werent gonna tell me xD
Thespio
Thespio
Mafia Scum
Thespio
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #677 (ISO) » Fri Jul 24, 2015 5:09 am

Post by Thespio »

well we didnt say that,i think HCL scum read you because of OMGUS, and I scum read you because you came across as saying you hadnt ever played before, but you had.
Bulbazoor
Bulbazoor
Mafia Scum
Bulbazoor
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #678 (ISO) » Fri Jul 24, 2015 5:13 am

Post by Bulbazoor »

He meant on this site. Marathon games do not count
Thespio
Thespio
Mafia Scum
Thespio
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #679 (ISO) » Fri Jul 24, 2015 5:22 am

Post by Thespio »

In post 678, Bulbazoor wrote:He meant on this site. Marathon games do not count

Yes, i came to understand that. ITs why im iffy about him and not solid scum. I was hoping he would give his reads on Stubbs, because if he can justify stubbs then im fine with him...
BlueBloodedToffee
BlueBloodedToffee
Survivor
BlueBloodedToffee
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #680 (ISO) » Fri Jul 24, 2015 5:23 am

Post by BlueBloodedToffee »

- Joram, you seem pretty sure Stoz is town and yet you sit with your vote on him.

- Micc, why Stoz? As far as I was aware, you had both Jorma and NS as lynch choices before Stoz ().

- What? Would love an explanation for why Henry is scum NS.

- Why NS Bulba?

In post 578, Thespio wrote:UNVOTE: notscience Im so split between bulba and notscience...

More of the 'following game thread from Thespio. This post comes not long after Aku votes Bulba.

The jumping on/off the NS wagon from Thespio is suspicious as fuck. I'm not sure what it means yet though, I just know it doesn't look right.
Meta this. Meta that. Meta Everything. Meta is not a good scum-hunting tool. PEOPLE CAN MANIPULATE THEIR META. Stop it. Stop. It. Now.
Bulbazoor
Bulbazoor
Mafia Scum
Bulbazoor
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #681 (ISO) » Fri Jul 24, 2015 5:24 am

Post by Bulbazoor »

NS is acting suspicious and arrogant. I was defending joram who is town. He jumps out and says he was only one.
Thespio
Thespio
Mafia Scum
Thespio
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #682 (ISO) » Fri Jul 24, 2015 5:32 am

Post by Thespio »

@bulba, quote him saying he was the only one pls
JoramvanVugt
JoramvanVugt
Goon
JoramvanVugt
Goon
Goon

Post Post #683 (ISO) » Fri Jul 24, 2015 5:42 am

Post by JoramvanVugt »

In post 680, BlueBloodedToffee wrote: - Joram, you seem pretty sure Stoz is town and yet you sit with your vote on him.

- Micc, why Stoz? As far as I was aware, you had both Jorma and NS as lynch choices before Stoz ().

- What? Would love an explanation for why Henry is scum NS.

- Why NS Bulba?

In post 578, Thespio wrote:UNVOTE: notscience Im so split between bulba and notscience...

More of the 'following game thread from Thespio. This post comes not long after Aku votes Bulba.

The jumping on/off the NS wagon from Thespio is suspicious as fuck. I'm not sure what it means yet though, I just know it doesn't look right.

My vote wasnt on stoz anymore at that point was it? if it was i changed it a couple of posts later. and my read of stoz proves to be right to he was town
HenryCabotLodge
HenryCabotLodge
Goon
HenryCabotLodge
Goon
Goon

Post Post #684 (ISO) » Fri Jul 24, 2015 5:48 am

Post by HenryCabotLodge »

Thespio and Joram, does your boredom with our nww replacement's summary/analysis have anything to do with the fact that he's expressed suspicion of both of you? It looks like an attempt to discredit his opinions.

I also like having fresh eyes on the game and getting a detailed overview like this.
BlueBloodedToffee
BlueBloodedToffee
Survivor
BlueBloodedToffee
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #685 (ISO) » Fri Jul 24, 2015 5:50 am

- Bulba, the base for your scum read on Stoz is weak. It's nowhere near strong enough for you to hold onto throughout the entirety of D1 in the manner that you did.

- Saw this vote coming.

- Bulba, do you have scum meta for Aku or are you making baseless guesses?

I'm confused that you're scum reading Stubbs for sheeping the general majority and null reading Thespio when Thespio has spent the entire game doing just that.

- This post feels town. Scum don't admit that their actions can be perceived as having scummy motivations.

- This is awful reasoning for your switch in vote.

- Thespio, are you getting bored because you realize I am scum reading you?

- Can you clarify how NS is acting suspicious? Also, can you state why you think arrogance is a scum tell as opposed to it coming from town?

Alright, I'm fully caught up. I'm pretty freaking sure that Henry is town, I'm also pretty sure that Aku is town. Micc feels town, I really like some of his posting.

That leaves NS, Bulba, Thespio and Joram. I like Joram for town, this is based on a couple of posts that I just find really difficult to see coming from scum. His overall play is scummy though.

I believe if we lynch Bulba/NS/Thespio we win the game. I don't particularly care what order but my strongest scum read is Thespio.
Meta this. Meta that. Meta Everything. Meta is not a good scum-hunting tool. PEOPLE CAN MANIPULATE THEIR META. Stop it. Stop. It. Now.
Thespio
Thespio
Mafia Scum
Thespio
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #686 (ISO) » Fri Jul 24, 2015 5:51 am

Post by Thespio »

In post 684, HenryCabotLodge wrote:Thespio and Joram, does your boredom with our nww replacement's summary/analysis have anything to do with the fact that he's expressed suspicion of both of you? It looks like an attempt to discredit his opinions.

I also like having fresh eyes on the game and getting a detailed overview like this.

Nah, Hes justifying it so im fine, its more that we usually make more progress each day, and today we haven't.
Thespio
Thespio
Mafia Scum
Thespio
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #687 (ISO) » Fri Jul 24, 2015 5:52 am

Post by Thespio »

@ Blue, please explain and justify Stubbs actions now pls, He is your counterpart, and we all suspected him. But if you cant even justify it, then we have an issue...
HenryCabotLodge
HenryCabotLodge
Goon
HenryCabotLodge
Goon
Goon

Post Post #688 (ISO) » Fri Jul 24, 2015 5:55 am

Post by HenryCabotLodge »

How can he justify what somebody else did?
Thespio
Thespio
Mafia Scum
Thespio
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #689 (ISO) » Fri Jul 24, 2015 5:58 am

Post by Thespio »

In post 685, BlueBloodedToffee wrote:I'm confused that you're scum reading Stubbs for sheeping the general majority and null reading Thespio when Thespio has spent the entire game doing just that.

Also, Ive not been sheeping at all, Im the one who began on HCL, alone, then I started on Joram, and Flipped between Stoz and Joram, the flipping i can understand as looking like im sheeping but the rest of the game I havent so... Also, im the one who started showing suspicion in bulba and notscience for their lynch on stoz before stoz had been lynched.

PEDIT:@HCL I want him to look over and give his read on his counterparts actions, because we cant just excuse him because he didnt do it, its still part of his character.
BlueBloodedToffee
BlueBloodedToffee
Survivor
BlueBloodedToffee
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #690 (ISO) » Fri Jul 24, 2015 6:00 am

I'm not talking for Stubbs nor will I give my thoughts on his actions.

What do you expect to achieve from that?

VOTE: NS

I believe this is L-1.
Thespio
Thespio
Mafia Scum
Thespio
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #691 (ISO) » Fri Jul 24, 2015 6:02 am

Post by Thespio »

In post 690, BlueBloodedToffee wrote:I'm not talking for Stubbs nor will I give my thoughts on his actions.

What do you expect to achieve from that?

You can scum read us, I was hoping you would be able to explain why Stubbs actions were town, I feel like you may be avoiding it though because they arent.

Your confirmation that your character is Town would be nice.
BlueBloodedToffee
BlueBloodedToffee
Survivor
BlueBloodedToffee
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #692 (ISO) » Fri Jul 24, 2015 6:03 am

OK.

I hereby confirm that my slot is town.

Are we done?
Thespio
Thespio
Mafia Scum
Thespio
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #693 (ISO) » Fri Jul 24, 2015 6:04 am

Post by Thespio »

If im your top scum read why arent you voting me? And why did you vote him up? You said you knew he was doing something but never said what...

PEDIT: No. you looked us all over, stubbs has very few posts, why wont you read it over and do what you did with us?
BlueBloodedToffee
BlueBloodedToffee
Survivor
BlueBloodedToffee
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #694 (ISO) » Fri Jul 24, 2015 6:06 am

I might explain post game. I'm not doing it now.

I'm voting NS because I think he is scum and he has the biggest wagon.

Also, he bet 5 bucks I would vote him and I want him to win 5 bucks.
Thespio
Thespio
Mafia Scum
Thespio
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #695 (ISO) » Fri Jul 24, 2015 6:08 am

Post by Thespio »

So you wont support your vote with what actually makes you think he is scum... and you also wont look over your slot and let us know what you would read it as... Explain to us why your town? anyone else have any thoughts? hcl?
Thespio
Thespio
Mafia Scum
Thespio
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #696 (ISO) » Fri Jul 24, 2015 6:10 am

Post by Thespio »

In post 685, BlueBloodedToffee wrote:I don't particularly care what order but my strongest scum read is Thespio.

But you didnt vote me, you have some info on what you in pertinence to notscience but wont say, and wont tell us what you read stubbs to be, so either stubbs is so bad that you know you will have to call yourself scum or your lazy. But the later is unlikely seeing as you just annotated the entire game...
BlueBloodedToffee
BlueBloodedToffee
Survivor
BlueBloodedToffee
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #697 (ISO) » Fri Jul 24, 2015 6:11 am

You obviously haven't been reading my catch up if you think I have no reasons for thinking NS is scum.

I'm not explaining why I'm town. That's for other people to decide, not for me to tell.
Thespio
Thespio
Mafia Scum
Thespio
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #698 (ISO) » Fri Jul 24, 2015 6:15 am

Post by Thespio »

I read your catch up, but it centered arround me and bulba in the end, and you strayed off ns once you said:
In post 665, BlueBloodedToffee wrote:I have a theory behind what NS is doing but it relies on associatives and they're weak before the relevant flips have been made so I'll hold onto it for now.

If you wont explain it then i dont see a whole lot of support past this point in your review.
Thespio
Thespio
Mafia Scum
Thespio
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #699 (ISO) » Fri Jul 24, 2015 6:17 am

Post by Thespio »

In post 697, BlueBloodedToffee wrote:I'm not explaining why I'm town. That's for other people to decide, not for me to tell.

Ok well we all scum read your slot... But we didnt get a whole lot of analysis on micc's case or why stubbs was town in his actions, this concerns me. Because as I said before, if you cant justify it as town how can we?

Return to “The Road to Rome [Newbie Games]”