Micro 502: MafiaScum Upick [Endgame]

Micro Games (9 players or fewer). Archived during the 2023 queue overhaul.
Bulbazoor
Bulbazoor
Mafia Scum
Bulbazoor
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #125 (ISO) » Fri Jul 24, 2015 5:27 am

Post by Bulbazoor »

I also have a scumlean on neil. But I want to see how the game evolves first.
Varsoon
Varsoon
Scatman
Varsoon
Scatman
Scatman

Post Post #126 (ISO) » Fri Jul 24, 2015 5:27 am

Post by Varsoon »

Oh, mostly meta, gut, and wanting to sort out Sala's intentions.
Bulbazoor
Bulbazoor
Mafia Scum
Bulbazoor
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #127 (ISO) » Fri Jul 24, 2015 5:28 am

Post by Bulbazoor »

Sala is confusing.
Lucky2u
Lucky2u
Jack of All Trades
Lucky2u
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #128 (ISO) » Fri Jul 24, 2015 5:54 am

Post by Lucky2u »

In post 84, Varsoon wrote:I thought I gave reasons earlier, Sala.
And hey man you voted me first!

I'd give more reasons but reasons are assailable and easy to fabricate, and I don't wanna come up with a lot of rubbish to justify a lynch I just know is right, y'know?

You're voting me because I didn't include a case and yet you have said that you yourself don't need reasons because reasons are easy to fabricate and have already stated whatever my case is
In post 122, Varsoon wrote:Told ya, man.
Now wait for Lucky to fabricate some reasons.

It will be a fabrication.

We can trust you though because

In post 126, Varsoon wrote:Oh, mostly meta, gut, and wanting to sort out Sala's intentions.

Your meta and gut read is so much better?
The bunny knight reigns supreme!
Get to know me! Here! and now Here too!
Salamence20
Salamence20
Survivor
Salamence20
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #129 (ISO) » Fri Jul 24, 2015 5:58 am

Post by Salamence20 »

In post 126, Varsoon wrote:Oh, mostly meta, gut, and wanting to sort out Sala's intentions.

Im playing as the love of my life and shes too nice for me.

Thanks for asking :)

Please tell me why its scummy
neil1113
neil1113
Mafia Scum
neil1113
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #130 (ISO) » Fri Jul 24, 2015 8:00 am

Post by neil1113 »

In post 124, Yimmy wrote:
In post 86, neil1113 wrote:
In post 82, Vinkah wrote:
In post 80, Bulbazoor wrote:Vinkah? Hello?

even though you're doing it wrong, you're probably Town too.

This post gives me the chills. Why bash other town if you're town? Shouldn't you want to encourage or exhort town to be more town? Just putting them down doesn't help anyone but... well, anti-town.

VOTE: Vinkah

"you're doing it wrong" is nowhere NEAR bashing. I mean, if that's bashing, what isn't?

Perhaps bashing was too strong of a word, I admit. But it's definitely not encouraging. And saying "you're doing it wrong" is implying that you're NOT doing a good job of town, which even if you don't want to admit it, is the same thing as saying you're sucking at town right now. Yes, there may be a little more harshness implemented by my assumption, but never-the-less it's not difficult to see. I'm not sure why you'd have a hard time seeing that?

In post 96, neil1113 wrote:
In post 93, Vinkah wrote:tonally it was antagonistic. voting me, and then 24 hours later with the hello? post. how i read it.
as far as what does an eye for an eye type post do? was hoping to prompt discussion. you ask "shouldn't i respond"? what exactly is the proper response to "Vinkah? Hello?" is it hi? how are you doing? how's the weather? honestly?

I'd like to think the normal response to a "Hello?!?!?! You there?!?!?!" post (which is how I read it), is "Yes?" or "What's up? Questions? Did I miss something?" Not "You suck at being town."

P-edit: No the two posts of yours before that. You posted that right before I posted mine.

@Vinkah How in the world is that antagonistic? "Are you gonna ignore me" never implies you're the bad guy.
@neil once again "you're doing it wrong" is far from "you suck at town"
[/quote]

As read above, again, I would definitely disagree. It may not be as harshly as stated, but it's definitely not "far from it." It appears you're the one stretching now to try and dissolve a case unnecessarily. Using words like "far from it" makes it appear like my stretch was way out there, when in reality, it's very easy to come that conclusion, albeit exaggerated or not.

One last question to neil... I've noticed you don't see any town motivation, butndo you see any scum motivation in vinkahs posts?
UNVOTE: Varsoon
VOTE: neil1113
[/quote]

Curious as to why you feel it necessary to follow up with a vote, or why you think I'm where your vote is best served?

As for your question, I'll choose not to answer it for right now for reasons I'm not comfortable going into at the moment.

In post 125, Bulbazoor wrote:I also have a scumlean on neil. But I want to see how the game evolves first.

I'd love to hear? This kinda exemplifies to very idea of sheeping for lack of case / contribution. Why hide in plain sight? Why not actually contribute? If not to my case, to the game at all?

In post 128, Lucky2u wrote:
In post 84, Varsoon wrote:I thought I gave reasons earlier, Sala.
And hey man you voted me first!

I'd give more reasons but reasons are assailable and easy to fabricate, and I don't wanna come up with a lot of rubbish to justify a lynch I just know is right, y'know?

You're voting me because I didn't include a case and yet you have said that you yourself don't need reasons because reasons are easy to fabricate and have already stated whatever my case is
In post 122, Varsoon wrote:Told ya, man.
Now wait for Lucky to fabricate some reasons.

It will be a fabrication.

We can trust you though because

Your meta and gut read is so much better?

While I agree with what you're saying and the push you're making, I think Varsoon is the wrong person to aim your efforts at right now. However strong your point may have been, I don't see a Varsoon push helping serve the town at all right now, other than confusion.
Show
Total Games Played:

Last Editted:
9-29-11

Spoiler: My Record for Mafiascum.net
#1. 5-2 Scum
#2. 3-6 Town
#3. 0-1 3rd Party
Archaebob
-
Hats off to Neil for some incredible town play.

Me=Weird
-
When I read up, I was just amazed by neil. Awesome reads.
Bulbazoor
Bulbazoor
Mafia Scum
Bulbazoor
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #131 (ISO) » Fri Jul 24, 2015 8:56 am

Post by Bulbazoor »

I do not know if Vinkah has a post restriction or something but I am about to make a case on him:
He starts off by channeling his character in post 30 and casts the RVS vote.

He proceeds at 40,44, and 46 to question the mod after it clearly states that the IC is confirmed. Confirmed being the key word in that statement. He unvotes yimmy shortly afterwards for a " good line of thinking".

In post 27, Yimmy wrote:I would assume your opposite would be like a digimon fan or something
Anyway, to get the game going
VOTE: Varsoon

As we can see, that was the last thing yimmy posted before vinkah stated this. Or did he mean the line where yimmy asked the IC why they outed? That is actually not a good line of thinking because you could easily have clicked the voice link to figure that out. It was already public information.

The next few posts after that are a vote at sala and attacking me for being antagonistic with my vote. How is casting a vote to get reactions antagonistic? It helps town to get an idea of what you may be. He questions later on without giving reasons for any of his motives.

In post 103, Vinkah wrote:okay.

i saw an obvious pressure vote with attempt to spark something with an obvious pressure follow up with an attempt to start something for what it was. instead of playing passive, i decided to get a little aggressive with bulbazoor and hopefully spark something in return.

This post that follows talks about me and how he expects something in return. Tell me vink, why do you not explain any of your own motives for doing the things you do. Can you give us a list of reads or just something helpful in general. Not just " varsoon you disappoint"?

In post 105, Vinkah wrote:seriously?
you're overblowing a very subtle push. you're questioning my read on the tonal aspect of how i'm reading bulbazoor's posts but yet using tonal arguments against me?
fuck that.

Quote where you ever say how you read my posts. I see you think I am town, but back up reads on others too.
Yimmy
Yimmy
any pronouns
Goon
Yimmy
any pronouns
Goon
Goon
Pronoun: any pronouns

Post Post #132 (ISO) » Fri Jul 24, 2015 9:05 am

Post by Yimmy »

In post 130, neil1113 wrote:
In post 86, neil1113 wrote:
In post 82, Vinkah wrote:
In post 80, Bulbazoor wrote:Vinkah? Hello?

even though you're doing it wrong, you're probably Town too.

This post gives me the chills. Why bash other town if you're town? Shouldn't you want to encourage or exhort town to be more town? Just putting them down doesn't help anyone but... well, anti-town.

VOTE: Vinkah

"you're doing it wrong" is nowhere NEAR bashing. I mean, if that's bashing, what isn't?

Perhaps bashing was too strong of a word, I admit. But it's definitely not encouraging. And saying "you're doing it wrong" is implying that you're NOT doing a good job of town, which even if you don't want to admit it, is the same thing as saying you're sucking at town right now. Yes, there may be a little more harshness implemented by my assumption, but never-the-less it's not difficult to see. I'm not sure why you'd have a hard time seeing that?
Doing one specific thing wrong doesn't mean that you suck as town overall.

In post 96, neil1113 wrote:
In post 93, Vinkah wrote:tonally it was antagonistic. voting me, and then 24 hours later with the hello? post. how i read it.
as far as what does an eye for an eye type post do? was hoping to prompt discussion. you ask "shouldn't i respond"? what exactly is the proper response to "Vinkah? Hello?" is it hi? how are you doing? how's the weather? honestly?

I'd like to think the normal response to a "Hello?!?!?! You there?!?!?!" post (which is how I read it), is "Yes?" or "What's up? Questions? Did I miss something?" Not "You suck at being town."

P-edit: No the two posts of yours before that. You posted that right before I posted mine.

@Vinkah How in the world is that antagonistic? "Are you gonna ignore me" never implies you're the bad guy.
@neil once again "you're doing it wrong" is far from "you suck at town"

As read above, again, I would definitely disagree. It may not be as harshly as stated, but it's definitely not "far from it." It appears you're the one stretching now to try and dissolve a case unnecessarily. Using words like "far from it" makes it appear like my stretch was way out there, when in reality, it's very easy to come that conclusion, albeit exaggerated or not.

One last question to neil... I've noticed you don't see any town motivation, butndo you see any scum motivation in vinkahs posts?
UNVOTE: Varsoon
VOTE: neil1113

Curious as to why you feel it necessary to follow up with a vote, or why you think I'm where your vote is best served?
I decided to vote for the person I found the most scummy.

As for your question, I'll choose not to answer it for right now for reasons I'm not comfortable going into at the moment.

going with the good ol' bold my replies
Vinkah
Vinkah
Goon
Vinkah
Goon
Goon

Post Post #133 (ISO) » Fri Jul 24, 2015 9:33 am

Post by Vinkah »

In post 131, Bulbazoor wrote:He proceeds at 40,44, and 46 to question the mod after it clearly states that the IC is confirmed. Confirmed being the key word in that statement. He unvotes yimmy shortly afterwards for a " good line of thinking".

please point out where KittyMo, the mod, has said that Mala is mod confirmed as an IC. the only place where it was stated was in the public thread under a different account. me being skeptical of a non-mod saying that Mala is an IC is scum motivation how? please explain. or maybe you missed it:

In post 4, Asylum Patient wrote:lol yall are hilarious
aw man my wincon was for you to not figure out i was the mod :(
no but seriously im not the mod

In post 131, Bulbazoor wrote:As we can see, that was the last thing yimmy posted before vinkah stated this. Or did he mean the line where yimmy asked the IC why they outed? That is actually not a good line of thinking because you could easily have clicked the voice link to figure that out. It was already public information.

yimmy is probably Town due to the confusion/timing of the posts between the two threads. i don't see Scum genuinely reacting like that.

In post 7, Malakittens wrote:
VOTE: imp

I hate my life right now this is going to be such a bitch mobile!

But at least im confirmed town, so yay me!!

In post 8, Yimmy wrote:How are you confirmed town?

In post 9, Malakittens wrote:I'll let you figure that out before I actually tell you!

In post 3, Asylum Patient wrote:Mala is obv innocent child

In post 10, Yimmy wrote:Either way, I find it strange you would out yourself with your first post

tht timestamps are what's key here, to me at least.

In post 131, Bulbazoor wrote:Quote where you ever say how you read my posts. I see you think I am town, but back up reads on others too.

i don't even understand this part.
Vinkah
Vinkah
Goon
Vinkah
Goon
Goon

Post Post #134 (ISO) » Fri Jul 24, 2015 9:35 am

Post by Vinkah »

bulbazoor, do you think neil and i are crossbussing, or what?
Bulbazoor
Bulbazoor
Mafia Scum
Bulbazoor
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #135 (ISO) » Fri Jul 24, 2015 9:37 am

Post by Bulbazoor »

I think one of you is scum.
Malakittens
Malakittens
Survivor
Malakittens
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #136 (ISO) » Fri Jul 24, 2015 10:29 am

Post by Malakittens »

<.<
No matter how high the stakes, sooner or later you're just gonna have to go with your gut.
And maybe, just maybe, that'll take you right where you were supposed to be.

Get to know a Mala~Grey<3 4.7.2015
neil1113
neil1113
Mafia Scum
neil1113
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #137 (ISO) » Fri Jul 24, 2015 5:00 pm

Post by neil1113 »

Yimmy, nowhere did Vinkah mention one specific thing that Bulbs did that he found a "bad town move"... it seems more apparent to me based on the information we have available, to draw the conclusion that Vinkah was talking about Bulbs playing style, not a specific play he made. Again you're stretching here to try and push a case, which almost seems to be a "too scummy to be scum" type of move. It's almost clear deflection from Vinkah. It's quite obvious that Vinkah called the way Bulb was playing town bad, not any specific thing yet you'd try and have us believe otherwise. Which makes no sense as town why you'd try to purposefully deflect a solid case by making up flaws that don't exist and using it as a reason to create a "counter-wagon"?

Just to be clear, when Vinkah flips scum, you've pretty much all but outed yourself as his teammate.
Show
Total Games Played:

Last Editted:
9-29-11

Spoiler: My Record for Mafiascum.net
#1. 5-2 Scum
#2. 3-6 Town
#3. 0-1 3rd Party
Archaebob
-
Hats off to Neil for some incredible town play.

Me=Weird
-
When I read up, I was just amazed by neil. Awesome reads.
KittyMo
KittyMo
Too Sparkly
KittyMo
Too Sparkly
Too Sparkly

Post Post #138 (ISO) » Fri Jul 24, 2015 5:16 pm

Post by KittyMo »

[2] Lucky2u ~ Imperium, Varsoon
[2] Vinkah ~ neil1113, Bulbazoor
[1] Varsoon ~ Lucky2u
[1] Bulbazoor ~ Malakittens
[1] neil1113 ~ Yimmy
[1] Salamence20 ~ Vinkah

[1]
Not Voting
~ Salamence20

With
alive, it's
to lynch!
Deadline is at (expired on 2015-08-04 11:00:00)

Last edited by KittyMo on Sun Jul 26, 2015 1:38 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Alt of Ariel | MafiaScum wiki volunteer contributor & sysop | Identity (Mish Mash) is back | Speakeasy Secret Santa

"plz don't swear" -- N
"Do people just not appreciate the good old wall of text anymore?" -- Cheery Dog
Bulbazoor
Bulbazoor
Mafia Scum
Bulbazoor
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #139 (ISO) » Sat Jul 25, 2015 2:33 am

Post by Bulbazoor »

In post 17, Lucky2u wrote:Is flavor claiming a good idea in this setup?

Would scum be stupid enough to ask this? I think so, but given the fact that this player is luckytwou, I doubt it. So, why are you votinng her. The only reasonable argument I see is " too scummy to be scum". So, in fact, I will not be lynching lucky.
Varsoon
Varsoon
Scatman
Varsoon
Scatman
Scatman

Post Post #140 (ISO) » Sat Jul 25, 2015 2:35 am

Post by Varsoon »

I've seen plenty of setups where scum have resisted flavor claims.
The fact that you think that's a town-tell is awkward.
Bulbazoor
Bulbazoor
Mafia Scum
Bulbazoor
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #141 (ISO) » Sat Jul 25, 2015 2:40 am

Post by Bulbazoor »

Well, consider this a warning. Scum would not just come out unless they were stupid. Unless it is a stupid scum.
Varsoon
Varsoon
Scatman
Varsoon
Scatman
Scatman

Post Post #142 (ISO) » Sat Jul 25, 2015 2:44 am

Post by Varsoon »

I think that's a common fallacy;
Scum wouldn't do X
Scum would do Y

It's hindering, because players can do pretty much anything. In fact, by setting up these mental blockades for yourself, you'll only let scum get away with doing X while you're too busy looking for players who are doing Y.
Bulbazoor
Bulbazoor
Mafia Scum
Bulbazoor
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #143 (ISO) » Sat Jul 25, 2015 2:47 am

Post by Bulbazoor »

I have reasons for doing this. We should lynch neil.
Bulbazoor
Bulbazoor
Mafia Scum
Bulbazoor
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #144 (ISO) » Sat Jul 25, 2015 2:47 am

Post by Bulbazoor »

Or anyone else.
Malakittens
Malakittens
Survivor
Malakittens
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #145 (ISO) » Sat Jul 25, 2015 3:34 am

Post by Malakittens »

Ya I don't exactly understand where the Vinkah scum teads are coming from soooo
No matter how high the stakes, sooner or later you're just gonna have to go with your gut.
And maybe, just maybe, that'll take you right where you were supposed to be.

Get to know a Mala~Grey<3 4.7.2015
Varsoon
Varsoon
Scatman
Varsoon
Scatman
Scatman

Post Post #146 (ISO) » Sat Jul 25, 2015 3:50 am

Post by Varsoon »

I think they're just kinda pushes for the sake of pushes? I don't know.
Lucky's a good vote to make, though.
Lucky2u
Lucky2u
Jack of All Trades
Lucky2u
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #147 (ISO) » Sat Jul 25, 2015 4:39 am

Post by Lucky2u »

I'd really appreciate it if the arguments for alignment either way weren't based on how stupid I was...
The bunny knight reigns supreme!
Get to know me! Here! and now Here too!
Yimmy
Yimmy
any pronouns
Goon
Yimmy
any pronouns
Goon
Goon

Post Post #148 (ISO) » Sat Jul 25, 2015 4:57 am

Post by Yimmy »

In post 87, Vinkah wrote:oh?

or, you could just like Bulbazoor respond instead of the white knight. he had, to me at least, an empty vote and was trying to draw a response with . it was a little antagonistic, so i decided to respond in kind. don't really know where i was going to go ~exactly~. but hey, thanks.

This post heavily implies it was about the attempt at pressure (or if that's not what it was, simply the vote)
neil1113 wrote:Just to be clear, when Vinkah flips scum, you've pretty much all but outed yourself as his teammate.

When? Why when? Are you really that confident that something that you
don't see town motivation for
is a 100% scumtell?
Yimmy
Yimmy
any pronouns
Goon
Yimmy
any pronouns
Goon
Goon