Goon
Frogging Mollie
Goon
Goon

Post Post #1225 (ISO) » Sun Jul 26, 2015 11:11 am

Post by Frogging Mollie »

okay I am fully caught up.

@ bulba

I guess I expected you to reach out to me right off the bat given our team!mafia experience. I can't remember if it was ika or gamma that i was talking to about you cos I was really worried that you were going to quit altogether after that. I was pretty excited to see your sign up in this game.

what is bugging me about you is that you said, "don't let titus fool you AGAIN" and I am curious to know when she fooled me the first time cos so far she hasn't. in team!mafia you were 90% sure she was town but I tried to tell you that she was scum.

eta: xposts
Bulbazak
Bulbazak
Survivor
Bulbazak
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #1226 (ISO) » Sun Jul 26, 2015 11:14 am

Post by Bulbazak »

In post 1223, Feysal wrote:Her scum play in Signs and Void looks significantly different.

How? Can you explain? Because I remember her trying to use a lynched townie's reads to start questioning the alignment of a universally town read player, even though said lynched townie was not in any way caught up with the game.

P-edit: Didn't she fool you in HU2? I might be misremembering, but I thought she did.

Anyway, I did plan on taking a break and letting things sort themselves out on my end, but I got really bored and wanted to play a mafia game. I might end up getting a little over my head here, because I still have too many balls in the air, but I'm doing it anyway.
Bulbazak is so town that everytime someone votes him Mastin coughs blood.
- Nachomamma8, Maniacal Street Mafia

V/LA during weekends. Now leave me alone!
TheIrishPope
TheIrishPope
Jack of All Trades
TheIrishPope
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #1227 (ISO) » Sun Jul 26, 2015 11:21 am

Post by TheIrishPope »

In post 1202, Bulbazak wrote:That post was so non-committal it hurt.

And you don't think Feysal is non-committal...
just the tIP
"TiP has a silky, foreign voice"
- Varsoon
Come play Skype Mafia with us!
Frogging Mollie
Frogging Mollie
Goon
Frogging Mollie
Goon
Goon

Post Post #1228 (ISO) » Sun Jul 26, 2015 11:28 am

In post 1226, Bulbazak wrote:
In post 1223, Feysal wrote:Her scum play in Signs and Void looks significantly different.

How? Can you explain? Because I remember her trying to use a lynched townie's reads to start questioning the alignment of a universally town read player, even though said lynched townie was not in any way caught up with the game.

P-edit: Didn't she fool you in HU2? I might be misremembering, but I thought she did.

Anyway, I did plan on taking a break and letting things sort themselves out on my end, but I got really bored and wanted to play a mafia game. I might end up getting a little over my head here, because I still have too many balls in the air, but I'm doing it anyway.

yes you are definitely misremembering.

I just don't she wld do a direct appeal in the way that she did to me as scum. trust me I have thought about it and thought about it some more.

there was something else i wanted to say I think it was to anti
Jaqen Hghar
Jaqen Hghar
Mafia Scum
Jaqen Hghar
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #1229 (ISO) » Sun Jul 26, 2015 11:31 am

Post by Jaqen Hghar »

In post 1187, The Antagonist wrote:
SPOONFEEDING TIME. HERE COMES THE AIRPLANE, TITUS.

why my multiball scumdar neurons are firing when i read psychlone's posts: a short scientific essay

-antihero

there's a generous heaping helping of townreads. lot's of 'em. and they're pretty clean-limbed. here's some samples:
Spoiler:
In post 644, Psychlone wrote:
In post 364, singersigner wrote:I'm actually just paranoid I'm always going to read you as scum.

Actually, based on singer/frog dynamics and the "burn" post, I don't think singer aggressively seeks interaction with frog in the way she did this game. Even if she genuinely thought they were scum, I think she would give them more room so she didn't have to engage with them as early as she did.

Rest of her posts aren't alarming.

In post 646, Psychlone wrote:
In post 642, singersigner wrote:I think that if they were talking on gchat about Lady's appointment they could've gotten on the same page about the misunderstanding but instead they kept posting separately, creating a lot of dissonance and confusion.

Why do you think they would use this scum strategy as scum?

I find it unlikely because it's a huge risk early game for little to no payoff; I don't think they have much to gain from intentionally being obtuse.

In post 651, Psychlone wrote:I like Antagonist's scumhunting so far, which tells me they are at least trying! Ika also seems pretty engaged for now, which is a good sign. I'd put this slot as less town than singer but not by a significant amount.

In post 655, Psychlone wrote:Frogging Mollie looks extremely town. Level of engagement is good from the slot even when multiball is considered, but in particular, I don't think Mollie tells Aerith to full-out as scum: that's the time when she lets town attack a soft claim for being a soft claim and reaps benefits later.

In post 657, Psychlone wrote:Mastina falling in love with this game in the way that she as says town more than it says scum to me. She's right in that multiball is not the forum to play a loud, engaged scum game: it's the game to push for mislynches that would otherwise be hard to get and draw negative attention.

In post 198, mastin2 wrote:Hey, just think of it this way: even if I wa scum, there's two scumteams, so you could freely help me with hunting the other half! (Doesn't matter since I'm town, but there you go, reason to work with me even if paranoia gets the better of you!)

This doesn't really seem like the type of deal mastin would make as scum.

In post 567, mastin2 wrote:I mean, the more I play, the more it becomes clear people are hilariously bad at reading me. Except the people who matter. Who get it when they don't let paranoia get the better of them.

This also feels pretty town, as do the interactions with pie (both ends).

There's also a bunch of other little stuff here and there but the big takeaway point is that I don't think mastin-scum in multiball plays to get townread; mastin-scum in multiball plays to get mislynches or plays slightly scummily to increase survival rate, and this most definitely isn't that.

In post 658, Psychlone wrote:GiF-date: Flubber is town. Congratulations, Flubber!

In post 673, Psychlone wrote:
In post 669, Frogging Mollie wrote:What is going on here with your read on Focus Beam?

Town, then scum, then vote singer as the only scum on the Town!Focus Beam wagon?

GiF was the person who read Focus Beam as town, I initially read them as scum since Titus was acting weird in her interactions with Mollie early game. Then Salamence made that overdramatic "YOU SHOULD LISTEN TO ME" post and I started to townread the slot more than I did before.

Then (or around that time), GiF and I started to talk, we both agreed Focus!town and it seemed likely there was at least one scum on the wagon if Focus wasn't town. I agreed, I looked at the wagon and it consisted of the 6 town reads I had and just named and singer. I voted singer.

ISO of her showed a subtle towntell that I didn't pick up on the first time through, so I unvoted and am currently looking at the wagon closer than I was before.

In post 677, Psychlone wrote:Seiko x Naomi townread is based on both players in the slot, which is always reassuring and wonderful. Notscience has a pretty solid entrance although nothing absolutely crazy: really loving pie's entrance so far. I think that if she were scum, she would feel obligated to take advantage of ~multiball~ to a greater extent and show off just how much she can scumhunt which she hasn't done here.

This is probably one of the weaker town reads on the wagon so far, but still a pretty solid one.

actually, i lied to you. that's all of them, not a sample. whatever, there you go.

ok, so with this kind of deep thinking and coordination between the heads on the townreads, we're sure to see some fucking dazzling scumreads and cases....

NOPE

the sole attempt at that was what turned into singer-gate and the subsequent fumbling around.
oh yeah, and we also get this:
In post 683, Psychlone wrote:
In post 680, Frogging Mollie wrote:
In post 675, Psychlone wrote:
In post 669, Frogging Mollie wrote:I don't even see how that is a point, but it feels like buddying to push a singer mislynch.

I'm not currently pushing a singer lynch.

So you're voting her for what reason?

Because you scumread her earlier but now you haven't found any other scum reads to push?

Haven't found any other scumreads to push. I could vote Kaboose. I might vote Kaboose

the articulate confidence gives way to this mushy hemming and hawing. OR GENERALITIES:
In post 754, Psychlone wrote:Having played bork multiball before, he is not afraid to make core members a scum fakeclaim.

there's no direction to either of their scumhunting. there's a marked disparity in style and tone between the townhunting and scumhunting and IN MULTIBALL it's advantageous for scum to focus more on the townside. serves the dual purpose of 1) making crosskills more untraceable and 2) keeping a low profile to not draw the kill.

and don't tell me nacho and gif are going the poe route. poe on day 1 of a large theme is fucking insanely inefficient and awful and they both know better.

they're walking on eggshells.

they're scum.

CONGRATULATIONS! You just described exactly how Nacho has done every MB I've played with him. He tends to seperate out those he has good reasons for thinking are town to make his pool of who could be scum smaller. That's not to say he's right, but you're illustrating his town game. You've probably found town!
Jaqen Hghar
Jaqen Hghar
Mafia Scum
Jaqen Hghar
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #1230 (ISO) » Sun Jul 26, 2015 11:32 am

Post by Jaqen Hghar »

In post 1228, Frogging Mollie wrote:

I just don't she wld do a direct appeal in the way that she did to me as scum. trust me I have thought about it and thought about it some more.

Nothing to me?
Bulbazak
Bulbazak
Survivor
Bulbazak
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #1231 (ISO) » Sun Jul 26, 2015 11:32 am

Post by Bulbazak »

I think Feysal is going after people who he doesn't agree with. Part of me thinks he should be smarter than that, but I've seen older players fall victim to that thinking before. He may be creating some mist here, but it's an effective mist if so. I'm just not seeing what you are TiP. I think whatever is bothering me is deeper than that, but whatever Feysal's alignment, I think we should let him be for now. There are bigger fish to fry.

P-edit: I don't really think that was an appeal so much as stating how she likes to tackle the game. It's the same as Mastin going on and on about her process. It's not content and is completely non-alignment indicative.

Flubbernugget
Flubbernugget
Survivor
Flubbernugget
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #1232 (ISO) » Sun Jul 26, 2015 11:39 am

Post by Flubbernugget »

In post 1213, Bulbazak wrote:
In post 1210, Flubbernugget wrote:
In post 1207, Bulbazak wrote:

p-edit: Is Titus-hydra not caught up? Am I missing something?

You just said Titus not engaging you before catching up was scummy. I disagree

I said I found it interesting that she did not even blink an eye that I thought she was scummy the first time I posted the read, yet she jumps all over the read once I fully explain it. Shouldn't she have had some sort of reaction before? I don't know, it just doesn't feel right that she would ignore the read the first time I gave it and then call it scummy once I acted on said read.

She's expressed desensitization to unexplained wagoning and your vote gets a special star because???
TheIrishPope
TheIrishPope
Jack of All Trades
TheIrishPope
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #1233 (ISO) » Sun Jul 26, 2015 11:40 am

Post by TheIrishPope »

Gah no one gets me
just the tIP
"TiP has a silky, foreign voice"
- Varsoon
Come play Skype Mafia with us!
Kaboose
Kaboose
Mafia Scum
Kaboose
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #1234 (ISO) » Sun Jul 26, 2015 11:47 am

Post by Kaboose »

In post 1233, TheIrishPope wrote:Gah no one gets me

I get you.
hiplop
hiplop
Jury Darling
hiplop
Jury Darling
Jury Darling

Post Post #1235 (ISO) » Sun Jul 26, 2015 11:53 am

Post by hiplop »

I feel like between constantly n calling everyone in this game regards and personally attacking Ika, I really don't want to play with someone this toxic. I like sally and actually get a town vibe from him. He's a really good player though so may be getting hoodwinked.

Titus lately just screams scum. I would still prefer mastin if anyone is down, but for half policy half scum read, I gotta

VOTE: focus beam

(Fwiw salamwnce I don't think you're a nobody :) )
third best scummer of all time
Bulbazak
Bulbazak
Survivor
Bulbazak
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #1236 (ISO) » Sun Jul 26, 2015 11:55 am

Post by Bulbazak »

In post 1232, Flubbernugget wrote:
She's expressed desensitization to unexplained wagoning and your vote gets a special star because???

My very first post said that I was likely to vote her after I finished my catch up. That vote shouldn't have been surprising. At that point it was unexplained. At that point I would have expected something from her. There was nothing. It was only after I caught up and placed my vote, along with reasoning for said vote (so it's not exactly unexplained, is it?), that she went ballistic. And if anyone would care to read what I've actually said compared to her responses, you'd see that she's nitpicking what I actually said and is not responding to my actual problems with her play whatsoever.

hiplop
hiplop
Jury Darling
hiplop
Jury Darling
Jury Darling

Post Post #1237 (ISO) » Sun Jul 26, 2015 11:55 am

Post by hiplop »

@Flubber I'll reply more in depth in 3 hours because I'm at work right now on my phone but basically just seemed like a regurgitation to what had already been said? Seemed like you were laying the seeds to jump on a bunch of various wagons rather b than actually saying what you thought!
Flubbernugget
Flubbernugget
Survivor
Flubbernugget
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #1238 (ISO) » Sun Jul 26, 2015 11:56 am

Post by Flubbernugget »

The read you're pushing is an uphill battle by its nature
Bulbazak
Bulbazak
Survivor
Bulbazak
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #1239 (ISO) » Sun Jul 26, 2015 11:56 am

Post by Bulbazak »

Hiplop, did you ever say what you had a problem with?

hiplop
hiplop
Jury Darling
hiplop
Jury Darling
Jury Darling

Post Post #1240 (ISO) » Sun Jul 26, 2015 11:56 am

Post by hiplop »

Bulba is screaming town to me right now. Very particular about reading every post quite in depth and that's not likely to come from scum, I don't think
hiplop
hiplop
Jury Darling
hiplop
Jury Darling
Jury Darling

Post Post #1241 (ISO) » Sun Jul 26, 2015 11:56 am

Post by hiplop »

Bulba is screaming town to me right now. Very particular about reading every post quite in depth and that's not likely to come from scum, I don't think
hiplop
hiplop
Jury Darling
hiplop
Jury Darling
Jury Darling

Post Post #1242 (ISO) » Sun Jul 26, 2015 11:57 am

Post by hiplop »

Sorry bulb what do you mean?
Frogging Mollie
Frogging Mollie
Goon
Frogging Mollie
Goon
Goon

Post Post #1243 (ISO) » Sun Jul 26, 2015 11:57 am

I get you tippy but I am not in your kewl kids club and feel like you have some1 in there who shldn't be

eta: my fucking god can I get a post in
eta2: srsly
hiplop
hiplop
Jury Darling
hiplop
Jury Darling
Jury Darling

Post Post #1244 (ISO) » Sun Jul 26, 2015 11:58 am

Post by hiplop »

Froggy who's shouldn't be in the cool kids club iyo?
hiplop
hiplop
Jury Darling
hiplop
Jury Darling
Jury Darling

Post Post #1245 (ISO) » Sun Jul 26, 2015 11:58 am

Post by hiplop »

TIP I also get you just don't think anyone's gonna bite on the feysal train today.
Bulbazak
Bulbazak
Survivor
Bulbazak
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #1246 (ISO) » Sun Jul 26, 2015 11:59 am

Post by Bulbazak »

In post 1242, hiplop wrote:Sorry bulb what do you mean?

You said you had a problem with one of my posts, and I asked you what it was you had a problem with. I can understand you being at work and not able to read my wall of a catchup, but I'm still curious as to what your issue was.

Frogging Mollie
Frogging Mollie
Goon
Frogging Mollie
Goon
Goon

Post Post #1247 (ISO) » Sun Jul 26, 2015 12:00 pm

In post 1230, Jaqen Hghar wrote:
In post 1228, Frogging Mollie wrote:

Nothing to me?

hi jaqen

do you have something you wanna talk about?
hiplop
hiplop
Jury Darling
hiplop
Jury Darling
Jury Darling

Post Post #1248 (ISO) » Sun Jul 26, 2015 12:00 pm

Post by hiplop »

Oh I did read that actually! I thought I replied to that haha! Basically just a tiny thing about the way you defended yourself. I'll reply morenat ten
borkjerfkin
borkjerfkin
He/Him
Xenophile
borkjerfkin
He/Him
Xenophile
Xenophile
Pronoun: He/Him

Post Post #1249 (ISO) » Sun Jul 26, 2015 12:00 pm

Post by borkjerfkin »