Open 604 - Fire and Ice - Fire mafia wins!

MarioManiac4
MarioManiac4
Jack of All Trades
MarioManiac4
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #575 (ISO) » Sun Jul 26, 2015 4:35 am

Post by MarioManiac4 »

Anyone who is cocky enough to kill a townie's counter-wagon
TheCow
TheCow
Goon
TheCow
Goon
Goon

Post Post #576 (ISO) » Sun Jul 26, 2015 4:38 am

Post by TheCow »

In post 572, Wanderer-nl wrote:I wrote this yesterday but never got a response to this. I'd still like one actually.
In post 488, Wanderer-nl wrote:Ooh a link in my brain started working again.
thecow, you realize this is multiball right? Your plan might work in a singleball game but in this game, if scum think you look scummy and you're not on their team, you could still be on the other scumteam. Do you think scum will try to kill scum?

I'll look into yesterday more tonight after work.

Ah, my mistake. I figured it was some kind of rhetoric, I'll get to it now.

No, I do not think Scum will target each other until it becomes 3-2-2. Should I elaborate? I'd need to go find my notebook, but I ran a few simulations, so I could write them up. If people don't care about that kind of thing, I won't, because I'm lazy.
Klick
Klick
Flash Forward
Klick
Flash Forward
Flash Forward

Post Post #577 (ISO) » Sun Jul 26, 2015 4:54 am

Post by Klick »

In post 574, Prolapsed Brain wrote:If we knew that, we'd win, duh.

Who do YOU think is scum?

VOTE: Prolapsed Brain
Prolapsed Brain
Prolapsed Brain
Mafia Scum
Prolapsed Brain
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #578 (ISO) » Sun Jul 26, 2015 5:52 am

Post by Prolapsed Brain »

I'm not really understanding you..... do you think I'm scum?

;)
I LOVE MAFIA

It keeps me from killing the folks I know in meatspace....
Klick
Klick
Flash Forward
Klick
Flash Forward
Flash Forward

Post Post #579 (ISO) » Sun Jul 26, 2015 6:51 am

Post by Klick »

My vote isn't moving off of you until you do something productive. I invite others to join me.

I don't even really mind if this ends up leading to a lynch - I have enough townreads to where you have over 50% chance of flipping scum.
ika
ika
Survivor
ika
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #580 (ISO) » Sun Jul 26, 2015 8:32 am

Post by ika »

he can die
Firebringer
Firebringer
Trail Blazer
Firebringer
Trail Blazer
Trail Blazer

Post Post #581 (ISO) » Sun Jul 26, 2015 8:56 am

Post by Firebringer »

Naah VOTE: Ika

These seems like a better choice right now. Prolapsed can die tomorrow.
Wanderer-nl
Wanderer-nl
Mafia Scum
Wanderer-nl
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum
Location: The country with the many dykes because we are below sealevel (GMT +1)

Post Post #582 (ISO) » Sun Jul 26, 2015 9:06 am

Post by Wanderer-nl »

In post 576, TheCow wrote:
In post 572, Wanderer-nl wrote:I wrote this yesterday but never got a response to this. I'd still like one actually.
In post 488, Wanderer-nl wrote:Ooh a link in my brain started working again.
thecow, you realize this is multiball right? Your plan might work in a singleball game but in this game, if scum think you look scummy and you're not on their team, you could still be on the other scumteam. Do you think scum will try to kill scum?

I'll look into yesterday more tonight after work.

Ah, my mistake. I figured it was some kind of rhetoric, I'll get to it now.

No, I do not think Scum will target each other until it becomes 3-2-2. Should I elaborate? I'd need to go find my notebook, but I ran a few simulations, so I could write them up. If people don't care about that kind of thing, I won't, because I'm lazy.

How about just your thoughts? This game isn't based purely on facts so I'm not sure how much your analytical approach is going to help you scumhunt. But if it does work, let me know because I sure am interested.
I still wonder how your plan fit into a multiball game. If scum isn't going to kill each other, why on earth would scum ever kill someone suspicious-looking?
TheCow
TheCow
Goon
TheCow
Goon
Goon

Post Post #583 (ISO) » Sun Jul 26, 2015 9:30 am

Post by TheCow »

In post 582, Wanderer-nl wrote:How about just your thoughts? This game isn't based purely on facts so I'm not sure how much your analytical approach is going to help you scumhunt. But if it does work, let me know because I sure am interested.
I still wonder how your plan fit into a multiball game. If scum isn't going to kill each other, why on earth would scum ever kill someone suspicious-looking?

I'm trying to guess how people would think given the different situation, as far as my simulations go, assuming players try looking at least 2 steps ahead. Of course, luck is a factor, and so are players prejudice, but it's given me an alright idea of what might happen. I doubt it'll help with scumhunt until D3, when the psychological aspects begin to come to the forefront. I'll gladly go into detail when this occurs.

Anyway, I was going less for scummy and more for "off", if you understand. There's a fine line between TPower hiding from the spotlight and Scum, and I was attempting to walk on that line, cheating to the left -- TPower hiding, that is. I thought that I might look like the Doctor, frankly. That's where the plan fit, if I were to place it somewhere.

Admittedly, I could have executed it better. Maybe wait until a bit later on before executing it, but I guess that's just hindsight.

Ika, have you updated your "who I would care if died" list yet? I'm pretty curious. If you don't mind, it would be a great help in doing reads.
Firebringer
Firebringer
Trail Blazer
Firebringer
Trail Blazer
Trail Blazer

Post Post #584 (ISO) » Sun Jul 26, 2015 1:49 pm

Post by Firebringer »

I am just here to say that the biggest train person will probably die tonight if they aren't lynched.

Just a guess

Or am I trying to throw off scum?

Or try for them to both attack me?
MarioManiac4
MarioManiac4
Jack of All Trades
MarioManiac4
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #585 (ISO) » Mon Jul 27, 2015 12:39 am

Post by MarioManiac4 »

If ika was scum he wouldn't have posted
ika is town because he can't be arsed to change his meta
Wanderer-nl
Wanderer-nl
Mafia Scum
Wanderer-nl
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum
Location: The country with the many dykes because we are below sealevel (GMT +1)

Post Post #586 (ISO) » Mon Jul 27, 2015 12:51 am

Post by Wanderer-nl »

@thecow: I think I understand you a little better as a player now. Not completely sure yet where I stand on you though.

@Firebringer: maybe you're just scum trying to pretend he's town.
Firebringer
Firebringer
Trail Blazer
Firebringer
Trail Blazer
Trail Blazer

Post Post #587 (ISO) » Mon Jul 27, 2015 9:40 am

Post by Firebringer »

Nice funny comment wander, if you think I am scum maybe you should vote me.
Klick
Klick
Flash Forward
Klick
Flash Forward
Flash Forward

Post Post #588 (ISO) » Mon Jul 27, 2015 10:32 am

Post by Klick »

In post 556, vonflare wrote:
Vote count:

ConManMick
(5) - Pisskop, klick, wanderer-nl,
bellaphant
, TheCow
Mist7676
(4) - Gameplay506, Radja, firebringer, prolapsed brain
Gameplay
(1) -
Mist7676

Bellaphant
(1) -
ConManMick

TheCow
(1) - hayotoBL

not voting
-
Ika

With 13 players it's 7 to lynch.

Day 1 will end in
(expired on 2015-07-24 15:00:00)!

The Bella-killers are on ConMan, the Mist-killers are on Mist. Throw hayato in with the ConMan group and ika in with the Mist group.

It's probably something like Prolapsed/Mario and Wanderer/pisskop.

Have fun cross-killing scum!
pisskop
pisskop
Survivor
pisskop
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #589 (ISO) » Mon Jul 27, 2015 10:35 am

Post by pisskop »

Thats lazy.

and I think it might actually be Gamestate.
beeboy - Everyone thought this game was made to troll pie but it was really made to troll pisskop.
Almost50 pisskop: Overall, that's a townie slot. Don't ask for specifics because with PK everything can be interpreted either way. It's probably WHEN he says/does things that matter, so it's more of a matter of conception rather than solid reasoning.
Klick
Klick
Flash Forward
Klick
Flash Forward
Flash Forward

Post Post #590 (ISO) » Mon Jul 27, 2015 10:37 am

Post by Klick »

I COULD see Bella-killers being on the Mist wagon. But it mostly seems obvious that the Mist-killers were there.
gameplay506
gameplay506
Jack of All Trades
gameplay506
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #591 (ISO) » Mon Jul 27, 2015 10:42 am

Post by gameplay506 »

Fu piskop
pisskop
pisskop
Survivor
pisskop
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #592 (ISO) » Mon Jul 27, 2015 10:44 am

Post by pisskop »

<3

The Mist kill was a silly one, I agree.
The Bella kills were scum scumhunting. but I dont agree they
had
to be on Con.
beeboy - Everyone thought this game was made to troll pie but it was really made to troll pisskop.
Almost50 pisskop: Overall, that's a townie slot. Don't ask for specifics because with PK everything can be interpreted either way. It's probably WHEN he says/does things that matter, so it's more of a matter of conception rather than solid reasoning.
Klick
Klick
Flash Forward
Klick
Flash Forward
Flash Forward

Post Post #593 (ISO) » Mon Jul 27, 2015 10:51 am

Post by Klick »

I mostly say the Bella killers are on ConMan because I have townreads on Fire/gameplay, and ika probably didn't do it. :P
pisskop
pisskop
Survivor
pisskop
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #594 (ISO) » Mon Jul 27, 2015 10:53 am

Post by pisskop »

My only experience with Fireman is him trolling hard enough to be PLed with kitten pics.
Prolapsed Brain
Prolapsed Brain
Mafia Scum
Prolapsed Brain
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #595 (ISO) » Mon Jul 27, 2015 11:53 am

Post by Prolapsed Brain »

In post 593, Klick wrote:I mostly say the Bella killers are on ConMan because I have townreads on Fire/gameplay, and ika probably didn't do it. :P

This objectively makes no sense.

Whether or not you have townreads on Fire/gameplay, you are still attributing a kill to {Radja|me|
ika
}, so what makes you think that group would prefer a Mist kill over Bella? Or, conversely, why would the other group prefer a Bella kill over Mist?
I LOVE MAFIA

It keeps me from killing the folks I know in meatspace....
TheCow
TheCow
Goon
TheCow
Goon
Goon

Post Post #596 (ISO) » Mon Jul 27, 2015 12:01 pm

Post by TheCow »

In post 585, MarioManiac4 wrote:If ika was scum he wouldn't have posted
ika is town because he can't be arsed to change his meta

Would you mind elaborating? I do not understand what you are saying in this post.
In post 587, Firebringer wrote:Nice funny comment wander, if you think I am scum maybe you should vote me.

I mean, your last comment does nothing as far as game play goes, and is likely just faux WIFOM. I question the point of it as well.
In post 593, Klick wrote:I mostly say the Bella killers are on ConMan because I have townreads on Fire/gameplay, and ika probably didn't do it. :P

So you think Radja and/or Prolapsed are scum?
You think hayoto is town?

Why do you think Pisskop, klick, wanderer-nl, and I would not want to kill mist? What would these players get in keeping mist alive?
Klick
Klick
Flash Forward
Klick
Flash Forward
Flash Forward

Post Post #597 (ISO) » Mon Jul 27, 2015 12:53 pm

Post by Klick »

In post 596, TheCow wrote:

Why do you think Pisskop, klick, wanderer-nl, and I would not want to kill mist? What would these players get in keeping mist alive?

Yes, I currently suspect Mario and Prolapsed are scum. I don't necessarily have a townread on hayato - as I said before, I threw him in with the people on the ConMan wagon as the likely Bella-killers. "on ConMan" was a generalization. I've already given pretty much every conclusion I made from looking at the lynch VC/kills in my last few posts.

I think the scumteam that killed Mist is within the people on the Mist wagon because the kill was likely an aim for scum. (I doubt anyone felt threatened by Mist, the ConMan counterwagon.) In addition, the people who killed Mist likely weren't taking into account the fact that she was most likely going to be lynched today - her jump onto the ConMan wagon looked really scummy, and she already had suspicion on her. The kill was silly, as pisskop put it. That implies the Mist-killers either didn't think much about their kill, or they aren't incredibly experienced as scum. Conveniently, I'd say all of the Mist wagon are players who would consider killing Mist:
- I could see gameplay doing it, I don't think he's been scum too many times before?
- Mario's just replaced in, and from what I've seen of him I wouldn't be too surprised if he killed Mist
- Definitely could see Firebringer wanting to kill Mist
- From what I can tell Prolapsed Brain isn't actually paying attention, he would kill Mist

As for the last question: Mist looked scummy. Mist was the most likely lynch for today, had she not been killed. I don't see pisskop, myself, Wanderer-nl, or you killing the most likely lynch.
ika
ika
Survivor
ika
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #598 (ISO) » Mon Jul 27, 2015 4:50 pm

Post by ika »

kick i got a curve question:

why do you think you are alive over mist/bella?
MarioManiac4
MarioManiac4
Jack of All Trades
MarioManiac4
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #599 (ISO) » Mon Jul 27, 2015 9:08 pm

Post by MarioManiac4 »

In post 597, Klick wrote:
In post 596, TheCow wrote:

Yes, I currently suspect Mario and Prolapsed are scum. I don't necessarily have a townread on hayato - as I said before, I threw him in with the people on the ConMan wagon as the likely Bella-killers. "on ConMan" was a generalization. I've already given pretty much every conclusion I made from looking at the lynch VC/kills in my last few posts.

I think the scumteam that killed Mist is within the people on the Mist wagon because the kill was likely an aim for scum. (I doubt anyone felt threatened by Mist, the ConMan counterwagon.) In addition, the people who killed Mist likely weren't taking into account the fact that she was most likely going to be lynched today - her jump onto the ConMan wagon looked really scummy, and she already had suspicion on her. The kill was silly, as pisskop put it. That implies the Mist-killers either didn't think much about their kill, or they aren't incredibly experienced as scum. Conveniently, I'd say all of the Mist wagon are players who would consider killing Mist:
- I could see gameplay doing it, I don't think he's been scum too many times before?
- Mario's just replaced in, and from what I've seen of him I wouldn't be too surprised if he killed Mist
- Definitely could see Firebringer wanting to kill Mist
- From what I can tell Prolapsed Brain isn't actually paying attention, he would kill Mist

As for the last question: Mist looked scummy. Mist was the most likely lynch for today, had she not been killed. I don't see pisskop, myself, Wanderer-nl, or you killing the most likely lynch.

1. Gameplay is more experienced than you think. Gameplay wouldn't have killed Mist.
2. Well, you got me there. 10/10. Except people replacing in READ THE BLOODY VOTECOUNT.
3. Mehhhhhhhhh. True.
4. Maybe.

So if your theory is actually correct Fire/PB is a scumteam. I wonder what their interactionz look like

Return to “Completed Open Games”