NY 188: Delicious Mafia II (Post-game chatter)

Mahonster
Mahonster
Goon
Mahonster
Goon
Goon

Post Post #525 (ISO) » Sun Aug 09, 2015 4:51 am

Post by Mahonster »

If TSO of all people was lynched today, that would be suuuper interesting.
SilverWolf
SilverWolf
Jack of All Trades
SilverWolf
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #526 (ISO) » Sun Aug 09, 2015 5:05 am

Post by SilverWolf »

I don't make it easy for scum to mislynch me. If I do act scummy or whatever and they jump on me like that, I will make sure it is pointed out. I'm not trying to brag or say I'm some great player or anything. I just have gotten better at recognizing when scum is trying to fabricate a scumread because I've had it done to me before and have done it myself as scum many times. And one of the things I would most definitely do as scum, is selectively point out the things about me that T S O did here to paint me as scum. Now, town can do that too but it just feels like a scum push from T S O. I'd be interested to hear his response to all of this now.
Darkness cannot drive out darkness: only light can do that. Hate cannot drive out hate: only love can do that.
Skybird
Skybird
Mafia Scum
Skybird
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #527 (ISO) » Sun Aug 09, 2015 5:08 am

Post by Skybird »

Welcome back SW. I for one didn't want you to replace out.

I have to call things as I see them. You will obviously do the same. I am town though.

Why is TSO scum?
SilverWolf
SilverWolf
Jack of All Trades
SilverWolf
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #528 (ISO) » Sun Aug 09, 2015 5:13 am

Post by SilverWolf »

I generally don't put much stock in people saying they are town. They have to show it for me to believe it. Read my last 4 posts which should clearly lay out my scumread on T S O. Some of this is just a gut feeling but I feel pretty confident in my read on him right now.
Darkness cannot drive out darkness: only light can do that. Hate cannot drive out hate: only love can do that.
T S O
T S O
Survivor
T S O
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #529 (ISO) » Sun Aug 09, 2015 5:43 am

Post by T S O »

In post 493, Lapsa wrote:TSO sounds scum

Can you push this a bit? Because I'm pretty sure this is just a reaction to me calling you scum.
"i have the sickest grossest feeling that even if it's my lynch today, my townflip still won't lead to a tso lynch, and then he'll find some bullshit way to reason either shooting or lynching gm tomorrow because if there's anyone who can strongarm a mislynch despite his reads or cases being proved wrong time and again it's tso"
-Marquis
T S O
T S O
Survivor
T S O
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #530 (ISO) » Sun Aug 09, 2015 5:45 am

Post by T S O »

In post 524, GrayFoxxxx wrote:UNVOTE:
VOTE: TSO

This is scum.
"i have the sickest grossest feeling that even if it's my lynch today, my townflip still won't lead to a tso lynch, and then he'll find some bullshit way to reason either shooting or lynching gm tomorrow because if there's anyone who can strongarm a mislynch despite his reads or cases being proved wrong time and again it's tso"
-Marquis
Spiffeh
Spiffeh
He/Him
Paragone
Spiffeh
He/Him
Paragone
Paragone
Pronoun: He/Him

Post Post #531 (ISO) » Sun Aug 09, 2015 5:45 am

Post by Spiffeh »

Apologies for inactivity.

I've only skimmed the last few pages and Nosferatu still has done nothing remotely pro town so I'm keeping my vote.

Gonna read more thoroughly when I get the chance and post substantial thoughts when I get more time in a few hours (or more).
T S O
T S O
Survivor
T S O
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #532 (ISO) » Sun Aug 09, 2015 5:48 am

Post by T S O »

I'd make a barbed comment about either replacing out or not, but that wouldn't be very nice of me.
-Marquis
Creede73
Creede73
Townie
Creede73
Townie
Townie

Post Post #533 (ISO) » Sun Aug 09, 2015 5:51 am

Post by Creede73 »

Although TSO is looking kinda suspicious, I really don't think he should be lynched over other people (like nos). For now I'll unvote, but I'm not too sure about voting for TSO.
Creede73
Creede73
Townie
Creede73
Townie
Townie

Post Post #534 (ISO) » Sun Aug 09, 2015 5:51 am

Post by Creede73 »

UNVOTE: nosferatu
Skybird
Skybird
Mafia Scum
Skybird
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #535 (ISO) » Sun Aug 09, 2015 5:53 am

Post by Skybird »

In post 515, SilverWolf wrote:
-snip-
T S O is scum and Skybird is likely scum. I do not replace out as scum. They are making it sound like that's a tactic with me when I have a town games I've replaced out of as well, one of which T S O was in and for some reason decided not to mention.

If you read that Sweet Dreams game you will see that I had other issues going on that I talked to the mod privately about and he was the one who reached out to me and asked if I needed to replace. I discussed my reasons post game. The game T S O linked was a Team Mafia game and him trying to say that's my scum meta when he played with me in both 180 and 185 where he's seen a ton of my scum meta and using the team mafia game to say I was caught was a joke. And yeah I was scum but I literally had 2 fucking posts in that game and yes, I replaced. Aero, T S O, and cabd were in the team mafia PT with me, which unfortunately never got released and I no longer have access to but they know my reasons for replacing there. I was not going to be able to put the time and energy into that game and I was trying to avoid hurting my team mafia team and the scum team. I also V/LA'd in my two other games one of which was a town game and one of which was a scum game.

-snip-

I am really irritated that Skybird is trying to insinuate I replace out as scum like that's some sort of tactic of mine.

Wolfie, I haven't done any meta diving on you in a long time. 2 different games were linked where you had a scum role and you replaced out. I verified that those facts were true by seeing that you replaced. I didn't read either game because I saw no need to. Now that you have pointed out a few additional things related to those games I feel the replacing out is more null than a scum tell.

I am really irritated that T S O is completely misrepping my scum meta and my replace out in Team Mafia. His whole attitude this game reeks of his scum game of which I've seen twice now.

Mahonster is correct that I was trying something new this game. Yes Skybird, I can change my meta but meta is being used to scumread me this game so I'm sure as hell going to use it to defend myself.

What specifically about his attitude reeks of scum? I haven't played with scum TSO. (At least not that I can remember.) I will agree he is acting more forcefully in this game than he normally does and seems more engaged. Is that what you are talking about?

I stand by my point that you are saying contradictory things about meta. I personally try not to rely on meta so much when I read people because it is easy to manipulate. YMMV

When I say I don't want to obvtown myself like I have in other games, why do you think that is?

When I say Wake isn't scum due to interactions with me, did anyone check our interactions? No, ika just assumed I was incompetent as scum and that Wake and I were scum together and that I'd be stupid enough to jump on people when he had only two votes and others had a lot more and paint all kinds of associatives because apparently I'm super naive and don't know that would be ridiculously stupid play if we were scum together. And ika drawing associatives right now is super bad

Shinobi is town. I feel pretty good about that. Wake is town. I feel pretty good about that. I think Texcat is town but it's a weaker read. greayfoxx and T S O are scum and I have a weaker scum read on Skybird

VOTE: T S O

Yes I did check Wake's ISO. I felt it best not to draw attention to it any further than that.

Message received on your whole obvtown stuff.

In post 516, SilverWolf wrote:
Oh, here is the town game I replaced out of that T S O was in: http://forum.mafiascum.net/viewtopic.php?f=55&t=60825

-snip-

There was nothing in this post about why TSO is scum.

In post 518, SilverWolf wrote:Oh and T S O saying Red is town because I was pushing him and Skybird saying Annadog is bussing me because he RVS said I was scum is both laughable and really super bad. Both of them are better players than this which is another reason I think they are likely scum.
-snip-

I'm going to go ahead and out something now. Anna and I are in a neighborhood together. In the neighborhood Anna is saying she wants to lynch you. That's in post 6 so after the game you will see the proof of that statement. I suspect there are other neighborhoods. Her behavior there is also part of my scum read on her.

Is it a fair statement to say that when someone scum reads a person, that anyone the scum read is pushing is likely to be read as town by the first person, especially this early in the game?

In post 526, SilverWolf wrote:-snip- And one of the things I would most definitely do as scum, is selectively point out the things about me that T S O did here to paint me as scum. Now, town can do that too but it just feels like a scum push from T S O. I'd be interested to hear his response to all of this now.

Fair point on TSO.
Aeronaut
Aeronaut
He/Him
Jack of All Trades
Aeronaut
He/Him
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #536 (ISO) » Sun Aug 09, 2015 6:02 am

Post by Aeronaut »

Hi everyone, dealing with some family issues right now. I think almost everything is resolved, so I'll be back today sometime. Thanks for your patience!
2023 W/L | 1-0
Spiffeh
Spiffeh
He/Him
Paragone
Spiffeh
He/Him
Paragone
Paragone

Post Post #537 (ISO) » Sun Aug 09, 2015 6:03 am

Post by Spiffeh »

OMG Creede and Nos are so scum together amirite.
T S O
T S O
Survivor
T S O
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #538 (ISO) » Sun Aug 09, 2015 6:04 am

Post by T S O »

In post 526, SilverWolf wrote:I don't make it easy for scum to mislynch me. If I do act scummy or whatever and they jump on me like that, I will make sure it is pointed out. I'm not trying to brag or say I'm some great player or anything. I just have gotten better at recognizing when scum is trying to fabricate a scumread because I've had it done to me before and have done it myself as scum many times. And one of the things I would most definitely do as scum, is selectively point out the things about me that T S O did here to paint me as scum. Now, town can do that too but it just feels like a scum push from T S O. I'd be interested to hear his response to all of this now.

Firstly, just call me TSO. The spaces were required in my username, but there's really no need.

When you say "If I act scummy and people attack me for it, I'll point it out", this sounds like another way of saying that you have no problem OMGUS'ing if you have to. I can remember exactly one time when you replaced out. That was Team Mafia. When Nacho caught you early, you replaced out. In NY 180, when you were universally townread as scum, you did not replace out early. So the pattern is that you don't like early pressure as scum. Your anger in this game has also been irrational. This isn't an opinion, this is a fact - there isn't basis for it. Ika also provided scum meta of you replacing out, I have scum meta of you replacing out, you seem to be faking emotions for unknown reasons. So when I see you come under pressure, fake anger and replace out, it's pretty basic logic to conclude you're probably scum.

I think, if you are town, you should probably take a look at the people voting with you. I've been pushing Lapsa-scum for a while, and I've explained it. His scumread of me magically appeared out of nowhere in response to this, and he certainly hasn't explained it. You have GrayFoxxx, who is apparently a decent town player, and who I know lurks and plays mediocrely as scum. He is lurking and playing mediocrely here. I have no idea what Shinobi is doing, I don't think Shinobi knows what Shinobi is doing.

This whole thing feels like you're particularly annoyed that I'm calling you scum, and you really want to me to be scum. That's understandable, but it's not going to catch many scum.
-Marquis
T S O
T S O
Survivor
T S O
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #539 (ISO) » Sun Aug 09, 2015 6:06 am

Post by T S O »

In post 533, Creede73 wrote:Although TSO is looking kinda suspicious

Why do you think this? As far as I can see, I'm nearly the only one who's given reads, nearly the only one actually trying to get my scumreads lynched. In fact, I'm nearly the only one playing the game. So I really don't get this.
-Marquis
T S O
T S O
Survivor
T S O
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #540 (ISO) » Sun Aug 09, 2015 6:08 am

Post by T S O »

In post 525, Mahonster wrote:If TSO of all people was lynched today, that would be suuuper interesting.

Don't get your hopes up, my dear.
-Marquis
ika
ika
Survivor
ika
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #541 (ISO) » Sun Aug 09, 2015 6:09 am

Post by ika »

In post 515, SilverWolf wrote:Also, ika's being bad as well. His latest list shows he has me as his main scumread. But he's voting for someone he's ignoring. His not giving a shit is typical for him. More so as scum but not uncommon as town.

your right i am being a badass
T S O
T S O
Survivor
T S O
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #542 (ISO) » Sun Aug 09, 2015 6:16 am

Post by T S O »

I mean, the things you are using to call me scum are incredibly tenuous. You link a game that I barely played before also replacing out of as evidence that I've seen you replace out as town? Then you link another game where you've replaced out as scum that I wasn't in? And this is why you're voting me? Please.
-Marquis
T S O
T S O
Survivor
T S O
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #543 (ISO) » Sun Aug 09, 2015 6:17 am

Post by T S O »

VOTE: GreyFoxxxx
-Marquis
T S O
T S O
Survivor
T S O
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #544 (ISO) » Sun Aug 09, 2015 6:17 am

Post by T S O »

kill it with fire
-Marquis
SilverWolf
SilverWolf
Jack of All Trades
SilverWolf
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #545 (ISO) » Sun Aug 09, 2015 6:39 am

Post by SilverWolf »

In post 538, T S O wrote:
In post 526, SilverWolf wrote:I don't make it easy for scum to mislynch me. If I do act scummy or whatever and they jump on me like that, I will make sure it is pointed out. I'm not trying to brag or say I'm some great player or anything. I just have gotten better at recognizing when scum is trying to fabricate a scumread because I've had it done to me before and have done it myself as scum many times. And one of the things I would most definitely do as scum, is selectively point out the things about me that T S O did here to paint me as scum. Now, town can do that too but it just feels like a scum push from T S O. I'd be interested to hear his response to all of this now.

Firstly, just call me TSO. The spaces were required in my username, but there's really no need.

When you say "If I act scummy and people attack me for it, I'll point it out", this sounds like another way of saying that you have no problem OMGUS'ing if you have to. I can remember exactly one time when you replaced out. That was Team Mafia. When Nacho caught you early, you replaced out. In NY 180, when you were universally townread as scum, you did not replace out early. So the pattern is that you don't like early pressure as scum. Your anger in this game has also been irrational. This isn't an opinion, this is a fact - there isn't basis for it. Ika also provided scum meta of you replacing out, I have scum meta of you replacing out, you seem to be faking emotions for unknown reasons. So when I see you come under pressure, fake anger and replace out, it's pretty basic logic to conclude you're probably scum.

I think, if you are town, you should probably take a look at the people voting with you. I've been pushing Lapsa-scum for a while, and I've explained it. His scumread of me magically appeared out of nowhere in response to this, and he certainly hasn't explained it. You have GrayFoxxx, who is apparently a decent town player, and who I know lurks and plays mediocrely as scum. He is lurking and playing mediocrely here. I have no idea what Shinobi is doing, I don't think Shinobi knows what Shinobi is doing.

This whole thing feels like you're particularly annoyed that I'm calling you scum, and you really want to me to be scum. That's understandable, but it's not going to catch many scum.

That's fair that I don't like early pressure as scum. I don't like it as town either. I feel like you were incomplete and very selective in what you decided to use to call me scum and I feel like I had to fill in the blanks because there's plenty of evidence showing I've acted this way as town. It's not behavior I'm particularly proud of at all. I don't like getting emotional in games but it's a complete null tell for me and not scum.

I also feel like your blustery comments saying, "yes, yes we know SW is scum" and similar statements were exactly like you behaved in 180 trying to mislynch Marquis. I know you are more engaged in your scum games because in 185 you were town and barely played. Although you were killed off early there.

I don't fake emotions ever. If I have them they are real. Full stop.

In post 542, T S O wrote:I mean, the things you are using to call me scum are incredibly tenuous. You link a game that I barely played before also replacing out of as evidence that I've seen you replace out as town? Then you link another game where you've replaced out as scum that I wasn't in? And this is why you're voting me? Please.

Nope, I felt like your scumread on me was fabricated and I had some gut and meta stuff also. That's why.
ika
ika
Survivor
ika
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #546 (ISO) » Sun Aug 09, 2015 6:40 am

Post by ika »

yawn
SilverWolf
SilverWolf
Jack of All Trades
SilverWolf
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #547 (ISO) » Sun Aug 09, 2015 6:43 am

Post by SilverWolf »

I think an explanation from you on this vote would be particularly helpful right now. Please provide one.
Kop
Kop
Mafia Scum
Kop
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #548 (ISO) » Sun Aug 09, 2015 6:59 am

Post by Kop »

In post 64, GrayFoxxxx wrote:Oh god game going so fast already.
VOTE: boon

You know you want to vote him.

In post 136, GrayFoxxxx wrote:UNVOTE: boon
VOTE: redff
Why not

In post 345, GrayFoxxxx wrote:UNVOTE:
VOTE: texcat

Don't buy the sal vote.

In post 347, GrayFoxxxx wrote:
In post 346, SilverWolf wrote:
In post 64, GrayFoxxxx wrote:Oh god game going so fast already.
VOTE: boon

You know you want to vote him.

In post 136, GrayFoxxxx wrote:UNVOTE: boon
VOTE: redff
Why not

In post 345, GrayFoxxxx wrote:UNVOTE:
VOTE: texcat

Don't buy the sal vote.

This is an FoS as well BTW.

First big game ive been in, in a while. Second all time. It's alot faster paced than I'm used to. I'll go ahead and CLAIM VT. All I have is my vote so I'm using it.

In post 351, GrayFoxxxx wrote:
In post 348, texcat wrote:I concur with Wolfie's FOS, and why the unnecessary claim?

Why not?

In post 401, GrayFoxxxx wrote:[quote="In post 364 or keep being meh?

Probably this.

Maybe it will be good for my town meta variance.

Maybe scum won't believe I'm VT.

Maybe not.

I've been town like my last 4-5 games, just trying to mix it up this time.[/quote]
In post 403, GrayFoxxxx wrote:On mobile, sorry for bad format.

In post 404, GrayFoxxxx wrote:
In post 402, ika wrote:
In post 400, Shinobi wrote:I'm aware, but it's enough to consider the replace inconclusive.

thats what i meant if your responding to me. i think i jsut did wording fails

anyone want to tubo lynch SW so we dont have to get a replcemtn?

Sure I'm down for a quick D1 lynch

I don't agree with wanting to turbo lynch a slot because that slot wants a replacement. That isn't town intentions, it's more like policy lynching.

Are we going to hear any inputs into these votes? Instead of just throwing votes around and seeing what sticks.
You'll Never Walk Alone!
SilverWolf
SilverWolf
Jack of All Trades
SilverWolf
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #549 (ISO) » Sun Aug 09, 2015 6:59 am

Post by SilverWolf »

What does YMMV mean? I'm too lazy to go look it up.

Return to “Completed Large Normal Games”