Star Trek Deep Space Nine Season 1 Mafia(game over!)

Nero Cain
Nero Cain
Survivor
Nero Cain
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #4525 (ISO) » Mon Aug 10, 2015 5:41 pm

Post by Nero Cain »

In post 4447, Sinsun1 wrote:Nero, why do you want to lynch PereV first? What's the logic behind it? What has you so against sheeping my read and voting Titus first?

I'm not convinced Titus is scum, however PV is scum. RN I'm thinking that scum is Pv and Gum. The only reason I'd lynch Titus is over myself or for town cohesion.

In post 4505, PeregrineV wrote:This is where I'm at, actually

So...you've been tunneling me all game. And now you want to "sort me"?

I'll take things that scum say to sound town for 500, Alex.
Of all tyrannies,a tyranny sincerely exercised for the good of its victims may be the most oppressive. It would be better to live under robber barons than under omnipotent moral busybodies. The robber baron's cruelty may sometimes sleep but those who torment us for our own good will torment us without end they do so with the approval of their own conscience.

edited c.s. lewis quote b/c limit
Nero Cain
Nero Cain
Survivor
Nero Cain
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #4526 (ISO) » Mon Aug 10, 2015 5:53 pm

Post by Nero Cain »

Basically here are my thoughts

I know that Gumball is cop "cleared" and PV says there is no GF but I dont trust either of them. I think Sin is wrong as shit on Titus and Gummy blindly sheeping Sin makes me edgy.

One thing that still really bothers me about Suzune is that she said she thought Thor was scum b/c he had a pr and she makes prs and didn't think their roles could coexsist but as soon as I asked about it she didn't respond (or atleast I don't remember it) and dropped it.

town

Nero
Titus
Sinsun
Thor
Dave
Rabi
Suzune
Gumball
pv
scum
Of all tyrannies,a tyranny sincerely exercised for the good of its victims may be the most oppressive. It would be better to live under robber barons than under omnipotent moral busybodies. The robber baron's cruelty may sometimes sleep but those who torment us for our own good will torment us without end they do so with the approval of their own conscience.

edited c.s. lewis quote b/c limit
LittleGumball
LittleGumball
Goon
LittleGumball
Goon
Goon

Post Post #4527 (ISO) » Mon Aug 10, 2015 6:05 pm

Post by LittleGumball »

In post 4526, Nero Cain wrote:I know that Gumball is cop "cleared" and PV says there is no GF but I dont trust either of them. I think Sin is wrong as shit on Titus and Gummy blindly sheeping Sin makes me edgy.

Oh I'm not sheeping him. I've been thinking Titus, Riabi, and Kling are scum for what feels like forever. I'm just working together with him to vote for scum because he seems to be the only one that actually wants to lynch scum.

Like I said way, way earlier, the town needs to work together, and we've been doing an okayish job of it. At the end of the day, feel free to lynch me till the cows come home if I'm wrong about Titus. However, I doubt that I'm wrong.
Thor665
Thor665
Papa Smurf
Thor665
Papa Smurf
Papa Smurf

Post Post #4528 (ISO) » Tue Aug 11, 2015 5:56 am

Post by Thor665 »

In post 4520, Suzune wrote:Knowing enough of the roles in this game gives one power. The power to claim anything. So if you remember back when I thought that Sinsun might be a sensor, Titus said something about anyone claiming to be a sensor because there was no way to prove the claim. This got to me thinking about the Oracle claim. One does not need to actually be one to claim one. If PV knew there was a doctor, maybe because they were a doctor, it is easy enough to write yourself into your own prediction. Since no one is claiming it either means that no one actually has the doctor role, read as PV has the doctor role, or that actual doctor is one of the people who has not claimed.

Okay, so the working theory would be that he was scum and faked role awareness? The real question then becomes one of timing.

In post 2930, PeregrineV wrote:
I'm
motivated
to find
scum
, but the
doctor
has been doing a shit job, and I think the "
tracker
" is also
scum
, and if he doesn't get lynched, he'll probably be
roleblocked
anyway. It would be nice if I could just
tree stump
myself like that one game, (but I waited too long). Oh well.

So here's his thing.

He knew about a Tracker, a Doc, a Motivator, a Roleblocker, and a Tree Stump
At the time he made this claim we had a claimed...Tracker, right?
Since then the Motivator, the Roleblocker, and the Tree Stump have all flipped confirmed scum.
The Tracker has flipped confirmed town but is a restricted Tracker and Pere argues that there is a non restricted scum Tracker.
We have also had zero Doc claim.

I, personally, see no reason for a scum Pere to basically just call out most of his team's PRs in a hidden way and then to also push a massclaim after the fact.
I am of the opinion that even if Pere is scum, he is also an Oracle.
His callout also seems to be almost entirely scum even if you think it was an intentional attempt to stab the town Tracker in the back somehow and maybe out a Doc...who doesn't appear to exist if he's town (an elaborate multi-scum bus attempt that they gave up on in favor of just shooting him instead)

Ockham's, yeah?

In post 4526, Nero Cain wrote:Basically here are my thoughts

I know that Gumball is cop "cleared" and PV says there is no GF but I dont trust either of them. I think Sin is wrong as Smurf on Titus and Gummy blindly sheeping Sin makes me edgy.

One thing that still really bothers me about Suzune is that she said she thought Thor was scum b/c he had a pr and she makes prs and didn't think their roles could coexsist but as soon as I asked about it she didn't respond (or atleast I don't remember it) and dropped it.

town

Nero
Titus
Sinsun
Thor
Dave
Rabi
Suzune
Gumball
pv
scum

So you think Sinsun is hard pushing town (Titus) and also can see that I just helped nail two scum back to back and even in a way that didn't even cost a lynch - but you have Sinsun as more likely town than me... :igmeou:

Shall I also presume you are claiming 'not Doc'?
Since you think Pere is scum, and if you're the town Doc, a claim of 'Doc' would definitely help get Pere lynched, y'know - so I'm taking it you're not a Doc, yes?
Sinsun1
Sinsun1
Goon
Sinsun1
Goon
Goon

Post Post #4529 (ISO) » Tue Aug 11, 2015 6:28 am

Post by Sinsun1 »

Like I said Thor, it's down to Riabi to claim town doctor or else the scum team will have confirmed that the doctor is indeed scum.

Either way, Titus is getting lynched today. No matter how you roll the dice, his flip sends us one direction or the other.
Sinsun1
Sinsun1
Goon
Sinsun1
Goon
Goon

Post Post #4530 (ISO) » Tue Aug 11, 2015 6:44 am

Post by Sinsun1 »

In post 3813, MonkeyMan576 wrote:
Vote Count 6.02- Up to post 3811

PeregrineV[5]: NeroCain, Riabi, KlingonCelt, Titus, davesez
Titus[2]: PergrineV, LittleGumball
St Augustine the Hermit[1]: Thor665

Not Voting[4]: St Augustine the Hermit, Psyche, Suzune, Sinsun1

With 12 alive, it takes 7 to lynch

Day ends Sunday, August 9th, at 9 AM USA Mountain Time or when a lynch occurs
[/area]

In post 3923, MonkeyMan576 wrote:
Vote Count 6.03- Up to post 3922

Titus[5]: PergrineV, LittleGumball, Suzune, Psyche, St Augustine the Hermit
[L-2]

PeregrineV[4]: NeroCain, Riabi,Titus, davesez
[L-3]

St Augustine the Hermit[1]: Thor665
Sinsun1[1]: KlingonCelt

Not Voting[1]: Sinsun1

With 12 alive, it takes 7 to lynch

Day ends Sunday, August 9th, at 9 AM USA Mountain Time or when a lynch occurs
[/area]

2 vote counts taken from the day Hermit was lynched before he was on the board to be lynched. What you can notice is that there are 2 sides mostly here.

For the first vote count at least 2 scum were voting PereV. Kling and at least one other (if not a 3rd voting him as well). On Titus you had PereV, LG and my hammer vote being on the ready.

Then the second vote count one scum switched to vote me (Kling), still at least 1 scum on PereV's wagon and Hermit was voting Titus when she was nearly lynched (so could be bussing to be on a scum lynch). As we remember Hermit was on the Ika lynch as well.

A note also looking at vote counts on Ika and RIP is that Titus and Riabi voted both of them side by side.

Now then, my theory here is that if Titus flips scum, Riabi out of the Nero/Riabi unknowns will be mafia.

However, if Titus flips town, thus making PereV the wagon on scum yesterday, then we would have PereV for sure but it'll be harder to find the second scum.

A lot of this is pending on Titus flip, but lets say Titus flips town, making PereV scum, who would be the second mafia?

Also, anyone have any idea why Riabi would be taking so long to come back? If he has to be replaced, we should force the replacee to immediately claim or risk being auto-lynched. Because something tells me they wont be able to come up with a proper fake claim without rereading everything that went on.
Titus
Titus
She/her
Moon Walker
Titus
She/her
Moon Walker
Moon Walker
Pronoun: She/her

Post Post #4531 (ISO) » Tue Aug 11, 2015 8:12 am

Post by Titus »

And that is why I want Suinsun to be godfather. There's nothing that requires PerV to be scum if I flip town. I merely think PerV is. Mislynching PerV and myself is an excellent method for a scum win.

PerV should out the last role.
Show
The scum had the misfortune of Titus being absurdly accurate on day one.Really quite impressed by that.~Drixx

You're letting Titus win the game by herself.Good luck now I guess.You have no chance to win.~Tywin

GTKTitus Part 2
Titus Academy

VLA Friday nights until Sunday morning.

All hail the Scum Empress!
Thor665
Thor665
Papa Smurf
Thor665
Papa Smurf
Papa Smurf

Post Post #4532 (ISO) » Tue Aug 11, 2015 8:51 am

Post by Thor665 »

Would it make you feel better to know he already has to me, and I've already spotted the player with the role and have reasonable belief in its backtrackability at this point insomuch as if it's a fake - then scum arranged it very much in a convoluted and pre-planned method?

Because if the answer is 'no' then what's the need to have the role discussed?

And if the answer is 'yes' then where are your reads at the new moment?
Suzune
Suzune
Mafia Scum
Suzune
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #4533 (ISO) » Tue Aug 11, 2015 3:09 pm

Post by Suzune »

Does the amount of information that goes on behind the scenes in this game drive anyone else crazy?

While it is true Thor that he revealed the roles early. On his initial reveal of them they were not all listed as scum just that they existed it was not until later that they became scum. Now whether or not it was clarified for him later is another point. I apologize I just feel so skeptical about this oracle thing. I feel like it breaks the idea of the game if it is just revealed I mean, why bother playing if we can just go down the list and lynch everyone on it. I guess I just feel put out that it would be so easy and I want there to be a trick somewhere. Some way to prove the town is being played because I just have a bad feeling about it.
LittleGumball
LittleGumball
Goon
LittleGumball
Goon
Goon

Post Post #4534 (ISO) » Tue Aug 11, 2015 3:33 pm

Post by LittleGumball »

Just think about how weak our town is with all the negative roles and vanilla townies we have. Would scum have an Oracle on top of everything else scum has? Or is this Oracle given to us to help us balance the power?
Thor665
Thor665
Papa Smurf
Thor665
Papa Smurf
Papa Smurf

Post Post #4535 (ISO) » Tue Aug 11, 2015 3:35 pm

Post by Thor665 »

In post 4533, Suzune wrote:Does the amount of information that goes on behind the scenes in this game drive anyone else crazy?

Not really - after three scum 'lynches' in a row I'm actually feeling pretty good about it.

In post 4533, Suzune wrote:While it is true Thor that he revealed the roles early. On his initial reveal of them they were not all listed as scum just that they existed it was not until later that they became scum.

I would suggest that is not actually true thanks to his color coding. You disagree about that?

In post 4533, Suzune wrote:I apologize I just feel so skeptical about this oracle thing. I feel like it breaks the idea of the game if it is just revealed I mean, why bother playing if we can just go down the list and lynch everyone on it. I guess I just feel put out that it would be so easy and I want there to be a trick somewhere. Some way to prove the town is being played because I just have a bad feeling about it.

I think if Pere is vanilla that the mod didn't really think through potential implications of the role properly.
That said, I've assuredly been in games before and "broke" them - it is not a sign or poor play on town's part when that happens, nor do I see a need to outguess reality beyond what is in front of me. When we get to lylo/mylo or a Doc claim I will be happy to embrace some paranoia with you - but as currently stands I'm not really seeing the point. Your issues with balance are a matter to discuss with the mod post game, not during the game other than to present incredulity and then move on with assessing what we can assess.
Sinsun1
Sinsun1
Goon
Sinsun1
Goon
Goon

Post Post #4536 (ISO) » Tue Aug 11, 2015 6:51 pm

Post by Sinsun1 »

Suzune, you want there to be a trick. The trick is, if PereV did not ask the right questions.. a mafia doctor could have slipped by the entire game without us knowing. After Kling's flip, why are you so reluctant to just help test one more person that will either make or break your paranoia based on how she flips.

Vote Titus with me, get the flip, then we can see if your paranoia has any need to worry about. Sometimes, games come together for town and we get lucky. PereV could have died so many times between Day 1 and when he outed that information that we could have lost it all. Our tracker could have died before they got a useful track (which in this case, he did), our cop could die before catching any mafia (which he did) and the miller was in play to affect cop results.

There's about a hundred ways it could have gone that would have left us in a very bad position today. But through scum offing people who we weren't sure about, cop reads and this oracle claim, we're able to catch them.

Lets say your paranoia is true. The only way to find out is to take a leap of faith right now and get results from a lynch on Titus or PereV. I personally pick the least helpful and the scummiest of the two.
LittleGumball
LittleGumball
Goon
LittleGumball
Goon
Goon

Post Post #4537 (ISO) » Tue Aug 11, 2015 6:54 pm

Post by LittleGumball »

sinsun always says things better than i do

me no word good
Sinsun1
Sinsun1
Goon
Sinsun1
Goon
Goon

Post Post #4538 (ISO) » Wed Aug 12, 2015 1:15 pm

Post by Sinsun1 »

Almost 24 hours and no replies. Either you're going to vote Titus or PereV today, come on guys, get with the program.
Titus
Titus
She/her
Moon Walker
Titus
She/her
Moon Walker
Moon Walker

Post Post #4539 (ISO) » Wed Aug 12, 2015 2:52 pm

Post by Titus »

^^ Can we lynch Sinsun? I fucking HATE her recent posting.
Show
The scum had the misfortune of Titus being absurdly accurate on day one.Really quite impressed by that.~Drixx

You're letting Titus win the game by herself.Good luck now I guess.You have no chance to win.~Tywin

GTKTitus Part 2
Titus Academy

Sinsun1
Sinsun1
Goon
Sinsun1
Goon
Goon

Post Post #4540 (ISO) » Wed Aug 12, 2015 3:09 pm

Post by Sinsun1 »

In post 4539, Titus wrote:^^ Can we lynch Sinsun? I fucking HATE her recent posting.

*Yawn* Not going to happen there deary. Pick a wagon that is viable today. Stop wasting space with something that will never happen.
Thor665
Thor665
Papa Smurf
Thor665
Papa Smurf
Papa Smurf

Post Post #4541 (ISO) » Wed Aug 12, 2015 3:21 pm

Post by Thor665 »

In post 4532, Thor665 wrote:Would it make you feel better to know he already has to me, and I've already spotted the player with the role and have reasonable belief in its backtrackability at this point insomuch as if it's a fake - then scum arranged it very much in a convoluted and pre-planned method?

@Titus
LittleGumball
LittleGumball
Goon
LittleGumball
Goon
Goon

Post Post #4542 (ISO) » Wed Aug 12, 2015 5:04 pm

Post by LittleGumball »

In post 4539, Titus wrote:^^ Can we lynch Sinsun? I fucking HATE her recent posting.

No because we're lynching you.

In case you haven't noticed this is endgame. This is not the time for policy lynches just because you personally find someone irritating.

A Sinsun lynch will not happen today. Get over it.
Titus
Titus
She/her
Moon Walker
Titus
She/her
Moon Walker
Moon Walker

Post Post #4543 (ISO) » Wed Aug 12, 2015 5:11 pm

Post by Titus »

In post 4541, Thor665 wrote:
In post 4532, Thor665 wrote:Would it make you feel better to know he already has to me, and I've already spotted the player with the role and have reasonable belief in its backtrackability at this point insomuch as if it's a fake - then scum arranged it very much in a convoluted and pre-planned method?

@Titus

Thor, just because you've spotted something, doesn't mean scum have. There's a faulty premise there.

The townie outs the role, assuming their is one, PV can match it.

I've already answered what happens if PV is town.
Show

GTKTitus Part 2
Titus Academy

Sinsun1
Sinsun1
Goon
Sinsun1
Goon
Goon

Post Post #4544 (ISO) » Wed Aug 12, 2015 6:13 pm

Post by Sinsun1 »

Titus, with knowledge that it WILL be you, Riabi or Nero today. Nobody else. Who would you want to lynch to help further town's goal? Which of the 3 do you think will net a scum flip?
Titus
Titus
She/her
Moon Walker
Titus
She/her
Moon Walker
Moon Walker

Post Post #4545 (ISO) » Wed Aug 12, 2015 6:36 pm

Post by Titus »

I have already answered that.
Show

GTKTitus Part 2
Titus Academy

Sinsun1
Sinsun1
Goon
Sinsun1
Goon
Goon

Post Post #4546 (ISO) » Wed Aug 12, 2015 7:08 pm

Post by Sinsun1 »

[quote="In post 4545, Titus"][/quote]

Thanks for confirming Riabi deary. ;) We'll get all 5 scum in a row thanks to you done goofing it for your entire team.
Thor665
Thor665
Papa Smurf
Thor665
Papa Smurf
Papa Smurf

Post Post #4547 (ISO) » Thu Aug 13, 2015 12:43 am

Post by Thor665 »

In post 4543, Titus wrote:
In post 4541, Thor665 wrote:

@Titus

Thor, just because you've spotted something, doesn't mean scum have. There's a faulty premise there.

No it isn't - what I'm asking is how that reacts with your apparent demand to have Pere claim the role. If we establish that he has and it has been "confirmed" what does that accomplish for your read of Pere?
Thor665
Thor665
Papa Smurf
Thor665
Papa Smurf
Papa Smurf

Post Post #4548 (ISO) » Thu Aug 13, 2015 12:45 am

Post by Thor665 »

In post 4467, MonkeyMan576 wrote:Riabi has been prodded.

Can we get a prod on the mod also ;)
MonkeyMan576
MonkeyMan576
Jack of All Trades
MonkeyMan576
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #4549 (ISO) » Thu Aug 13, 2015 4:00 am

Post by MonkeyMan576 »

There haven't been any votes from my recollection, I'll do a vote count tonight though.

Return to “Completed Large Theme Games”