Ankamius
Survivor
Ankamius
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #1325 (ISO) » Tue Aug 25, 2015 3:38 pm

Post by Ankamius »

In post 1300, pistachi0n wrote:
In post 1285, Ankamius wrote:You do realize that if I was anything but VT, I'd already have claimed doctor by now, right?

Not if you think you have a shot of the lynch not going through.

At the time, I was L-1 with someone off the wagon fully willing to hammer.

It's safe to assume that a hammer would be very likely after a replacement is found and relatively caught up.
Ankamius
Ankamius
Survivor
Ankamius
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #1326 (ISO) » Tue Aug 25, 2015 3:44 pm

Post by Ankamius »

UNVOTE: Netherspite

I think I need to reset. #1284 from Thesp is hands down the scummiest single post in the entire game; that combined with the wagon on me suddenly losing a significant amount of its teeth is making me paranoid that scum have predominantly been riding the waves instead of trying to make them.
pistachi0n
pistachi0n
Mafia Scum
pistachi0n
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #1327 (ISO) » Tue Aug 25, 2015 6:38 pm

Post by pistachi0n »

In post 1324, St Constantine the Hermit wrote:I am town. Where do we go from there?

You read and tell us what you think.
davesaz
davesaz
He
Survivor
davesaz
He
Survivor
Survivor
Pronoun: He

Post Post #1328 (ISO) » Tue Aug 25, 2015 6:52 pm

Post by davesaz »

In post 1326, Ankamius wrote:UNVOTE: Netherspite

I think I need to reset. #1284 from Thesp is hands down the scummiest single post in the entire game;

What about it?
Wanna play Minecraft with your ms friends? Check out the minecraft thread, or the channel on discord
All Alone
All Alone
Goon
All Alone
Goon
Goon

Post Post #1329 (ISO) » Wed Aug 26, 2015 3:42 am

Post by All Alone »

Page 24 has me thinking Nether's misunderstanding of Ankamius was genuine. I'm not certain that makes him town but I'd rather lynch pistachi0n or Thesp.

VOTE: pistachi0n
dear princess celestia, sometimes it can be hard for a shy pony like me to stand up for myself, and when i first tried it, i didn't like the pony i became. but i've learned that standing up for yourself isn't the same as changing who you are. now i know how to put my hoof down without being unpleasant or mean
All Alone
All Alone
Goon
All Alone
Goon
Goon

Post Post #1330 (ISO) » Wed Aug 26, 2015 3:51 am

Post by All Alone »

For St Constantine as well as a reminder for everyone else, here's my cases:

In post 1111, All Alone wrote:
In post 1103, Thesp wrote:Yesterday's flurry started a day before that, and your entire contribution for that entire last
week
was incredibly paltry, served the purpose of maintaining the doldrums of a status quo while the two primary wagons were on townies, and then you got defensive about it saying you were actually being productive. You continue to avoid meaningful discussion of any player other than myself while there's plenty going on. This is textbook scum play. I'm having a hard time imagining a reality where you're town.

Thesp can't even keep his own rhetoric straight:

In post 1103, Thesp wrote:the doldrums of a status quo

In post 1103, Thesp wrote:there's plenty going on

How the heck can someone genuinely believe there was plenty going on yesterday, but also there was a doldrums?
Those are literally exact opposites.
That's not an authentic belief, it's the mindset of someone who's playing mental gymnastics to make a player they know is town look as bad as possible.

Thesp has also been playing this whole game for his own survival.
Day 1, eventi voted Thesp, and Thesp pushed the eventi wagon to a lynch. Day 2, Persivul voted Thesp, and Thesp pushed the Persivul wagon to a lynch. And now D3 he's hard pushing me, and soft pushing davesaz - the other two unconfirmed players on his wagon yesterday. It's
incredibly
unlikely for a townie to push lynches on every single player who attacks him the way Thesp has.

pistachi0n is probably scum as well. The way she called Thesp town for RQSing, and then insisted he was town even after I pointed out it wasn't a towntell, seemed more like she was trying to get towncred for Thesp than a legitimate read.

In post 669, Persivul wrote:Pistachio town game:
http://forum.mafiascum.net/viewtopic.php?f=51&t=62219

Pistachio made RVS vote then changed it 4 times D1.

Pistachio scum game:
http://forum.mafiascum.net/viewtopic.php?f=83&t=62222

Pistachio made RVS vote, never changed it.

This game: made RVS vote, changed it once to eventi.

So, her D1 voting pattern was much closer to her scum game than her town game.

This is a good point as well. I looked at a bunch of her town games and
she's pretty consistently vote-hoppy on D1 when she's town
, and I don't see a convincing reason for her to have played differently in this game.

I'm fine with either of those lynches.

In post 1114, All Alone wrote:
In post 1113, Netherspite wrote:While all of this looks pretty convincing I don't get why you choose
pistachi0n
over
Thesp
if you seem to be having more arguments against
Thesp
? Or did I get it wrong?

The meta evidence against pistachi0n is actually pretty big.

Newbie 1592, she was town, and voted three times on day 1 (240 posts)
Newbie 1603, she was town, and voted seven times on day 1 (411 posts)
Micro 489, she was town, and voted five times on day 1 (366 posts)
Open 600, she was town, and voted four times on day 1 (313 posts)
Open 601, she was town, and voted five times on day 1 (635 posts)
Micro 487, she was town, and voted two times on day 1 (220 posts)
Open 602, she was town, and voted four times on day 1 (503 posts)

Micro 485, she was scum, and voted one time on day 1 (447 posts)

(I'm not counting Open 599 in the statistics, since that game's D1 was 29 posts)

Basically, pistachi0n tends to vote-hop roughly once every hundred posts D1 as town, while as scum, she's much more shy about vote-hopping. And in this game, D1 was 625 posts, and she voted
twice
. That's a pretty significant departure from her town meta.

In post 1146, pistachi0n wrote:As for my voting patterns, I've been trying to get a better intuition about this game and be more solid in my reads. I think I played very poorly in my newbie game when I changed my vote 7 times on day 1 and I wouldn't like to repeat that.

In post 1149, pistachi0n wrote:
In post 1148, Alchemist21 wrote:Then how do you explain the numerous games All Alone cited in which you did just that?

The changes have been getting lower over time.

Also, in my scum game, there was one calendar day in particular with a huge flurry of activity. I couldn't be on that day because real life reasons. And then when I logged on the lynch had already happened.

In post 1199, All Alone wrote:
In post 1146, pistachi0n wrote:As for my voting patterns, I've been trying to get a better intuition about this game and be more solid in my reads. I think I played very poorly in my newbie game when I changed my vote 7 times on day 1 and I wouldn't like to repeat that.

You didn't cast a nonrandom vote until page 14, how is that "more solid" in your reads?

In post 1203, pistachi0n wrote:I wanted to wait until I was sure about someone before I placed a vote. I was obviously wrong in my assessment of Eventi.

In post 1235, All Alone wrote:
In post 1203, pistachi0n wrote:I wanted to wait until I was sure about someone before I placed a vote.

In post 1207, pistachi0n wrote:I'm not really townreading Ank right now, it's just that there are others I think are scummier. But sure, why not.

VOTE: Ankamius

How are these quotes consistent?
dear princess celestia, sometimes it can be hard for a shy pony like me to stand up for myself, and when i first tried it, i didn't like the pony i became. but i've learned that standing up for yourself isn't the same as changing who you are. now i know how to put my hoof down without being unpleasant or mean
Ankamius
Ankamius
Survivor
Ankamius
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #1331 (ISO) » Wed Aug 26, 2015 4:24 am

Post by Ankamius »

In post 1328, davesaz wrote:
In post 1326, Ankamius wrote:UNVOTE: Netherspite

I think I need to reset. #1284 from Thesp is hands down the scummiest single post in the entire game;

What about it?

1. He's been around on the site long enough that I'd expect him to have an idea of what scum would want to do in this situation. Him asking for a claim is really hollow.

2. His All Alone suspicion in that post is bogus. I don't understand why he'd condemn All Alone for taking so long to take a side in the debate when the latter ended up taking my side in the end. It makes very little sense for a scumpartner to wait until it's nearly inevitable that I get lynched to come to my defense. He was trying to discredit all the lifelines I had to make sure I get lynched.
Netherspite
Netherspite
Mafia Scum
Netherspite
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #1332 (ISO) » Wed Aug 26, 2015 4:36 am

Post by Netherspite »

UNVOTE: Ankamius
I don't like my vote here anymore.
Now modding:
Netherspite's SORM Mafia III
(Day 2)
Thesp
Thesp
Supersaint
Thesp
Supersaint
Supersaint

Post Post #1333 (ISO) » Wed Aug 26, 2015 4:38 am

Post by Thesp »

In post 1322, Alchemist21 wrote:I think Dave is the best bet for now. If I get time and clear my head I'll look some things back over, but right now I'm still clouded in my thoughts.

I could totally go with that. I still don't like Ankamius, but davesaz is just
terribad

In post 1324, St Constantine the Hermit wrote:I am town. Where do we go from there?

I'd love to hear your thoughts, and fairly pronto.

In post 1331, Ankamius wrote:2. His All Alone suspicion in that post is bogus. I don't understand why he'd condemn All Alone for taking so long to take a side in the debate when the latter ended up taking my side in the end. It makes very little sense for a scumpartner to wait until it's nearly inevitable that I get lynched to come to my defense. He was trying to discredit all the lifelines I had to make sure I get lynched.

I'm unclear - are you suggesting that as scum I wouldn't simply lynch you when I had the chance? Also, do you think All Alone was avoiding taking a stance between you and Netherspite?
"When playing a game, the goal is to win, but it is the goal that is important, not the winning." -
Reiner Knizia

Ask me about my automatic votecounter, and how you can use it in
your
game!
Check out my 15 minutes of fame on Wait Wait...Don't Tell Me!
All Alone
All Alone
Goon
All Alone
Goon
Goon

Post Post #1334 (ISO) » Wed Aug 26, 2015 4:45 am

Post by All Alone »

In post 1309, Thesp wrote:
In post 1303, All Alone wrote:
In post 1284, Thesp wrote:LOL at All Alone finally taking a position on Ankamius v. Netherspite only after enough people have said they're willing to lynch Ankamius. It's just so bad.

I took a position on Ankamius vs Netherspite on
my very first post sitewide
after it started. Are you seriously gonna tell me it didn't occur to you that I wasn't online this weekend? You've been here since 2004, and you've never noticed anyone not post for a weekend? Get outta here with that garbage.

On this point, you're full of crap.
Your post on
Friday
:

In post 1235, All Alone wrote:
In post 1203, pistachi0n wrote:I wanted to wait until I was sure about someone before I placed a vote.

In post 1207, pistachi0n wrote:I'm not really townreading Ank right now, it's just that there are others I think are scummier. But sure, why not.

VOTE: Ankamius

How are these quotes consistent?

This totally ignores the Ankamius and Netherspite back and forth. In the 24 posts
immediately
preceding your Friday post, Ankamius and Netherspite have 13 of them, and nearly all of them are attacking each other. The posts that
aren't
from Ankamius and Netherspite are all from the mod, or are nearly all making comments about Ankamius v. Netherspite (and heck, I'd just commented 3 posts before yours how I was willing to be the 4th on Ankamius's wagon). I don't think you're so oblivious as to miss this, so my conclusion is that you deliberately sidestepped the hullabaloo going on around it so as to not have to take a position on them.

Look, I totally understand not posting on the weekends. I rarely do. But I won't pretend that nothing was happening when you
were
posting, and especially at the time when Ankamius v. Netherspite was heating up.

Everyone else
, please read the thread from #1211 on to All Alone's post on Friday, and see if it looks to you like there's some issue he's dodging. You can do so with this handy dandy link right here.

I didn't see anything relevant about Nether's participation in that argument until where I thought Nether was purposely misrepresenting Ank, nor did I have any read at all on Ankamius until he maintained a self-righteous attitude when he was accused of "scumslipping", which I thought was a town tell. Both of those stemmed specifically from the dual scumslip accusation fight, which started after so I couldn't have mentioned them then.

And
Thesp is misrepresenting his own play here:

"The posts that
aren't
from Ankamius and Netherspite are all from the mod, or are nearly all making comments about Ankamius v. Netherspite (and heck, I'd just commented 3 posts before yours how I was willing to be the 4th on Ankamius's wagon)."

He brings up his own post 1232 as an example of a comment on Ankamius vs Netherspite.
Only that post doesn't mention Netherspite at all.
He just says he'll vote for Ank with no context, and is now trying to pass it off as being a comment on Netherspite. I doubt a townie would stretch the truth like that.
Ankamius
Ankamius
Survivor
Ankamius
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #1335 (ISO) » Wed Aug 26, 2015 4:56 am

Post by Ankamius »

In post 1333, Thesp wrote:

In post 1322, Alchemist21 wrote:I think Dave is the best bet for now. If I get time and clear my head I'll look some things back over, but right now I'm still clouded in my thoughts.

terribad

In post 1331, Ankamius wrote:2. His All Alone suspicion in that post is bogus. I don't understand why he'd condemn All Alone for taking so long to take a side in the debate when the latter ended up taking my side in the end. It makes very little sense for a scumpartner to wait until it's nearly inevitable that I get lynched to come to my defense. He was trying to discredit all the lifelines I had to make sure I get lynched.

I'm unclear - are you suggesting that as scum I wouldn't simply lynch you when I had the chance? Also, do you think All Alone was avoiding taking a stance between you and Netherspite?

No, I don't think All Alone was avoiding taking a stance. I think he was just AFK for a couple days and
couldn't
give a stance.

And yes, you wouldn't lynch me while you had the chance because that would be unnecessary. With the catfight going on at the time, bringing undue attention to yourself as scum is a very bad idea.
Thesp
Thesp
Supersaint
Thesp
Supersaint
Supersaint

Post Post #1336 (ISO) » Wed Aug 26, 2015 5:02 am

Post by Thesp »

In post 1335, Ankamius wrote:
In post 1333, Thesp wrote:

terribad

No, I don't think All Alone was avoiding taking a stance. I think he was just AFK for a couple days and
couldn't
give a stance.

And yes, you wouldn't lynch me while you had the chance because that would be unnecessary. With the catfight going on at the time, bringing undue attention to yourself as scum is a very bad idea.

You think All Alone simply read past what was being said on Thursday and Friday when he posted on Friday, or wasn't interested in what was being said there? I'm explicitly talking about his Friday post, not being gone over the weekend.

Also, what do you think of davesaz's 4th vote on you here?
"When playing a game, the goal is to win, but it is the goal that is important, not the winning." -
Reiner Knizia

Ask me about my automatic votecounter, and how you can use it in
your
game!
Check out my 15 minutes of fame on Wait Wait...Don't Tell Me!
davesaz
davesaz
He
Survivor
davesaz
He
Survivor
Survivor
Pronoun: He

Post Post #1337 (ISO) » Wed Aug 26, 2015 6:13 am

Post by davesaz »

The brevity you see in my posts is due to work. Speaking of which, yay I had time to write two sentences, boo I have to leave
right now
Wanna play Minecraft with your ms friends? Check out the minecraft thread, or the channel on discord
RadiantCowbells
RadiantCowbells
He/him
Smooth Criminal
RadiantCowbells
He/him
Smooth Criminal
Smooth Criminal
Pronoun: He/him

Post Post #1338 (ISO) » Wed Aug 26, 2015 7:49 am

Post by RadiantCowbells »

I don't care if Davesaz is scum.

Netherspite being alive is unacceptable and I'm not changing votes as long as he is.

Look at how he instantly jumps off of Ank in 1332 once public sentiment turned against it. He doesn't have his own reads, he's just following derptown onto bad wagons. Lynch it.

Like, look at his reads in 1315 and 1321. Everything he's saying is about weird associative tells that aren't explained and are clearly just thrown out in a hat to justify his opportunistic vote switches.

Alch, don't criticize my play when you have done fuck all for town and can't scumhunt worth a damn.
pistachi0n
pistachi0n
Mafia Scum
pistachi0n
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #1339 (ISO) » Wed Aug 26, 2015 8:47 am

Post by pistachi0n »

In post 1338, RadiantCowbells wrote:Like, look at his reads in 1315 and 1321. Everything he's saying is about weird associative tells that aren't explained and are clearly just thrown out in a hat to justify his opportunistic vote switches.

Really? It seems like that's how almost everyone is scumhunting this game. I'm not saying it's a good way to scumhunt, but why are you singling out Nether alone for it? You yourself had some reads based off of weird associative tells early in the game.
RadiantCowbells
RadiantCowbells
He/him
Smooth Criminal
RadiantCowbells
He/him
Smooth Criminal
Smooth Criminal

Post Post #1340 (ISO) » Wed Aug 26, 2015 8:52 am

My "weird associatve tells" were based off of explicit reasoning.

Very interesting how you're essentially chainsawing me while the best defense you can must for Nether is that he -may- not be the only one who is making up reads.
Netherspite
Netherspite
Mafia Scum
Netherspite
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #1341 (ISO) » Wed Aug 26, 2015 8:56 am

Post by Netherspite »

In post 1338, RadiantCowbells wrote:
Look at how he instantly jumps off of Ank in 1332 once public sentiment turned against it. He doesn't have his own reads, he's just following derptown onto bad wagons. Lynch it.

Like, look at his reads in 1315 and 1321. Everything he's saying is about weird associative tells that aren't explained and are clearly just thrown out in a hat to justify his opportunistic vote switches.

I jumped off
Ankamius
because I'm not sure in him being scum anymore.
His latest posts look genuine +
Alchemist21
convinced me.

#1315 and #1321 should be read in conjunction with
Alchemist21
posts. It was my discussion with him and I was discussing his assumptions and associative tells analysis.

You seem to be not really reading the game...
Now modding:
(Day 2)
RadiantCowbells
RadiantCowbells
He/him
Smooth Criminal
RadiantCowbells
He/him
Smooth Criminal
Smooth Criminal

Post Post #1342 (ISO) » Wed Aug 26, 2015 9:00 am

I seem to be the only person who actually is, considering that you're still with us.
RadiantCowbells
RadiantCowbells
He/him
Smooth Criminal
RadiantCowbells
He/him
Smooth Criminal
Smooth Criminal

Post Post #1343 (ISO) » Wed Aug 26, 2015 9:01 am

Oh, and people should note that none of the interplay between him and Alchemist explain the random pairings that come out of left field.
pistachi0n
pistachi0n
Mafia Scum
pistachi0n
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #1344 (ISO) » Wed Aug 26, 2015 9:19 am

Post by pistachi0n »

In post 1340, RadiantCowbells wrote:My "weird associatve tells" were based off of explicit reasoning.

Very interesting how you're essentially chainsawing me while the best defense you can must for Nether is that he -may- not be the only one who is making up reads.

I'm not trying to defend Nether, I'm trying to point out your hypocrisy.
RadiantCowbells
RadiantCowbells
He/him
Smooth Criminal
RadiantCowbells
He/him
Smooth Criminal
Smooth Criminal

Post Post #1345 (ISO) » Wed Aug 26, 2015 9:21 am

You're "trying" to point out my hypcrisy?

No one ever says they're "trying" to point out hypocrisy. Hypocrisy is forceful, visceral, you don't try to do it.

Town!Pistachi0n, were she thinking I a hypocrite, would be a lot more forceful in that last post.

That's why she and Nether are scum together.
pistachi0n
pistachi0n
Mafia Scum
pistachi0n
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #1346 (ISO) » Wed Aug 26, 2015 9:51 am

Post by pistachi0n »

You think the use of the word "trying" means I'm scum? That's just how I talk!
Alchemist21
Alchemist21
He/Him
Jack of All Trades
Alchemist21
He/Him
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades
Pronoun: He/Him

Post Post #1347 (ISO) » Wed Aug 26, 2015 10:52 am

Post by Alchemist21 »

@RC, I was just saying that, at the time, I believed you were Town with an incorrect read. I wasn't trying to criticize your play, and I'm sorry if I offended you.
pistachi0n
pistachi0n
Mafia Scum
pistachi0n
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #1348 (ISO) » Wed Aug 26, 2015 11:02 am

Post by pistachi0n »

Also RC, when I said "trying," what I meant is "this is what I am doing but it seems like people aren't understanding." So if your current argument is seriously based off of word choice, you need to, I don't know, maybe get a better argument?
Netherspite
Netherspite
Mafia Scum
Netherspite
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #1349 (ISO) » Wed Aug 26, 2015 12:14 pm

Post by Netherspite »

In post 1345, RadiantCowbells wrote:
That's why she and Nether are scum together.

Just lol.
You seem to be not making sense literally 90% of the game.
If it is your scum tactic it works fine.
Now modding:
(Day 2)

Return to “Completed Mini Normal Games”