Seiko x Naomi
Seiko x Naomi
Goon
Seiko x Naomi
Goon
Goon

Post Post #4700 (ISO) » Sat Sep 12, 2015 8:43 pm

Post by Seiko x Naomi »

In post 4699, mastin2 wrote:How the HELL did you beat me to MY OWN DAMN POINT that I've been WAITING FOR HALF A MONTH TO SAY?!?

<3

In post 4698, mastin2 wrote:(I later realized the result was real, and he'd been redirected.)

can you walk me through this again (or link if I missed it)?
notscience + pieguyn
mastin2
mastin2
The Second Coming
mastin2
The Second Coming
The Second Coming

Post Post #4701 (ISO) » Sat Sep 12, 2015 8:46 pm

Post by mastin2 »

In post 4698, mastin2 wrote:I said in the mafia thread, "The INSTANT this game ends, it's gonna haunt me". (Anti can confirm.)
Though ironically enough, instead of being a massive point against me, the game might actually be the best evidence I have for being town.

I thought at the time I posted the message it'd be used against me, especially by hiplop, but the people now that it actually IS over aren't nearly as against me as I thought.

But it's pretty obvious when you look at it.
In that endgame, I made absolutely no effort to disguise I was scum. I was winning (well, so I thought...), so no need to do much effort.
It's a sharp contrast to this game.
My academy.
"...You have a blog?!?" (Yes, I do. Click.)
Agnigi
, 13p Mini Theme sequel to Gistou, is in design and could use reviewers!
mastin2
mastin2
The Second Coming
mastin2
The Second Coming
The Second Coming

Post Post #4702 (ISO) » Sat Sep 12, 2015 8:47 pm

Post by mastin2 »

In post 4700, Seiko x Naomi wrote:
In post 4698, mastin2 wrote:(I later realized the result was real, and he'd been redirected.)
When not watching animez, sure.
My academy.
Agnigi
Cerberus v666
Cerberus v666
Let's Be Reasonable
Cerberus v666
Let's Be Reasonable
Let's Be Reasonable

Post Post #4703 (ISO) » Sat Sep 12, 2015 8:55 pm

Post by Cerberus v666 »

In post 4700, Seiko x Naomi wrote:
In post 4699, mastin2 wrote:How the HELL did you beat me to MY OWN DAMN POINT that I've been WAITING FOR HALF A MONTH TO SAY?!?

<3

Don't waste your time, she's wrong, it is impossible for kaboose to have received any information on her slot, because she's not a turk, so any redirection that occurred MUST have affected both Kaboose and Jaqen, meaning the innocent Kaboose had was on someone else. Can't have the guilty removed, and the innocent remain, nope. Either jaqens guilty is real and kaboose lied, as scum do, or you are neither guilty nor innocent based on investigations.
Radja
Radja
Serial Thriller
Radja
Serial Thriller
Serial Thriller

Post Post #4704 (ISO) » Sat Sep 12, 2015 11:42 pm

Post by Radja »

busy weekend...
hiplop
hiplop
Jury Darling
hiplop
Jury Darling
Jury Darling

Post Post #4705 (ISO) » Sun Sep 13, 2015 2:31 am

Post by hiplop »

Mastin now do you understand why your slot is so confusing to me? I religiously read inorganic lol
third best scummer of all time
ProHawk
ProHawk
Jack of All Trades
ProHawk
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #4706 (ISO) » Sun Sep 13, 2015 6:02 am

Post by ProHawk »

This Mastin reverence is making me want to puke. If either of you aren't on Mastins team we are going to have words endgame.
ProHawk
ProHawk
Jack of All Trades
ProHawk
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #4707 (ISO) » Sun Sep 13, 2015 6:09 am

Post by ProHawk »

In post 4690, Seiko x Naomi wrote:also a possibility I want to throw out there is that Jaqen *did* investigate mastin N3 and that it wasn't redirected, but that he got a went-nowhere result and just didn't believe it. this would be incredibly dumb, but if I'm being perfectly honest, it wouldn't remotely surprise me if this is what happened.

I am going to immensely regret so much as bringing this up. -.-

Jaqen gets to see the factional ability of a player if no ability is used. So he obviously saw that Mastin HAS a factional ability.
pieguyn
pieguyn
Survivor
pieguyn
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #4708 (ISO) » Sun Sep 13, 2015 6:15 am

Post by pieguyn »

In post 4312, borkjerfkin wrote:Jaqen Hghar was Red XIII
Aligned with The Planet [Town Modified Tracker]

Receives results on any active abilities performed, or any factional abilities performed only if no active ability was also performed.

i took this to mean he _tracks_ factional abilities if no active abilities are performed, not outright learns what they are
ProHawk
ProHawk
Jack of All Trades
ProHawk
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #4709 (ISO) » Sun Sep 13, 2015 6:40 am

Post by ProHawk »

In post 4252, Jaqen Hghar wrote:I never said I was a plain tracker and trying to get me to reveal exactly how my role works and how it is I could have no doubt Mastin is scum is very much role fishing.

This is why Jaqen's result is a DIRECT indication that he got more information than a normal tracker on Mastin.

We know that his additional information is from factional abilities.
Cerberus v666
Cerberus v666
Let's Be Reasonable
Cerberus v666
Let's Be Reasonable
Let's Be Reasonable

Post Post #4710 (ISO) » Sun Sep 13, 2015 8:11 am

Post by Cerberus v666 »

In post 4707, ProHawk wrote:
In post 4690, Seiko x Naomi wrote:also a possibility I want to throw out there is that Jaqen *did* investigate mastin N3 and that it wasn't redirected, but that he got a went-nowhere result and just didn't believe it. this would be incredibly dumb, but if I'm being perfectly honest, it wouldn't remotely surprise me if this is what happened.

I am going to immensely regret so much as bringing this up. -.-

Jaqen gets to see the factional ability of a player if no ability is used. So he obviously saw that Mastin HAS a factional ability.

In post 4709, ProHawk wrote:
In post 4252, Jaqen Hghar wrote:I never said I was a plain tracker and trying to get me to reveal exactly how my role works and how it is I could have no doubt Mastin is scum is very much role fishing.

This is why Jaqen's result is a DIRECT indication that he got more information than a normal tracker on Mastin.

We know that his additional information is from factional abilities.

No. Stop misunderstanding. There is NO indication that his results indicate whether the ability he tracked was factional, or individual. NONE! There is only the indication that he is only tracking one ability, and it shows the priority by which those ability's will be tracked.

How can you people not get these things? And the redirector thing being impossible(well, extremely unlikely, because there is a miniscule though non-zero chance that heideggers role didn't make flavor sense and he wasn't a turk specific role cop).

Stop making up things about dead peoples roles and motivations because they happen to fit the narrative you want.
pieguyn
pieguyn
Survivor
pieguyn
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #4711 (ISO) » Sun Sep 13, 2015 8:15 am

Post by pieguyn »

In post 4710, Cerberus v666 wrote:No. Stop misunderstanding. There is NO indication that his results indicate whether the ability he tracked was factional, or individual. NONE! There is only the indication that he is only tracking one ability, and it shows the priority by which those ability's will be tracked.

^this
borkjerfkin
borkjerfkin
He/Him
Xenophile
borkjerfkin
He/Him
Xenophile
Xenophile
Pronoun: He/Him

Post Post #4712 (ISO) » Sun Sep 13, 2015 8:28 am

Post by borkjerfkin »

Guys, I'm gonna make one blanket announcement about hydra slipping:

Once or twice I can deal with. However, nearly every player is posting on their main when it is convenient for them.

Stop. I'm never counting a vote on an incorrectly posted account, and I'm going to start ramping up consequences for it if it doesn't stop.

This isn't directed specifically at pie -- a lot of people have been doing it. You signed up to play on a hydra. Play on your hydra.
beefycheese
borkjerfkin
borkjerfkin
He/Him
Xenophile
borkjerfkin
He/Him
Xenophile
Xenophile
Pronoun: He/Him

Post Post #4713 (ISO) » Sun Sep 13, 2015 8:28 am

Post by borkjerfkin »

Votecount 6.5

[3] Radja (The Antagonist, hiplop, Seiko x Naomi)
[2] mastin2 (ProHawk, Xtoxm)
[1] ProHawk (mastin2)

[3] Not Voting (Cerberus v666, Radja, pirate mollie)

With 9 alive, it is 5 to lynch.

Let me know if you see any problems.

Deadline is in (expired on 2015-09-21 17:00:00)
Last edited by borkjerfkin on Sun Sep 13, 2015 9:02 am, edited 1 time in total.
beefycheese
ProHawk
ProHawk
Jack of All Trades
ProHawk
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #4714 (ISO) » Sun Sep 13, 2015 8:54 am

Post by ProHawk »

Cerb read the fing quote. His guilty is based on his MODIFIED role. The end. I'm not misunderstanding anything. The only modification to his role is the factional stuff.
ProHawk
ProHawk
Jack of All Trades
ProHawk
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #4715 (ISO) » Sun Sep 13, 2015 8:59 am

Post by ProHawk »

Screw this. If people want to throw this game because of some God complex with Mastin, I'm done wasting my time. The last two days were horrendous and this one is arguably worse. Vote and lynch the guilty. There is no question she is guilty. Either Jaqen was lying or Mastin IS lying. Someone PM me when this day is done.
The Antagonist
The Antagonist
Goon
The Antagonist
Goon
Goon

Post Post #4716 (ISO) » Sun Sep 13, 2015 9:03 am

Post by The Antagonist »

In post 4715, ProHawk wrote:Screw this. If people want to throw this game because of some God complex with Mastin, I'm done wasting my time. The last two days were horrendous and this one is arguably worse. Vote and lynch the guilty. There is no question she is guilty. Either Jaqen was lying or Mastin IS lying. Someone PM me when this day is done.

leave your vote on radja on the way out
The Antagonist
The Antagonist
Goon
The Antagonist
Goon
Goon

Post Post #4717 (ISO) » Sun Sep 13, 2015 9:04 am

Post by The Antagonist »

In post 4704, Radja wrote:busy weekend...

tick

tock

tick

tock

tick

tock

The Antagonist
The Antagonist
Goon
The Antagonist
Goon
Goon

Post Post #4718 (ISO) » Sun Sep 13, 2015 9:07 am

Post by The Antagonist »

In post 4698, mastin2 wrote:Frankly you're the only reason Radja isn't conftown to me.

mastin, i'm not going to say i'll never ask you to just trust me again, because that's probably a lie

so i'll just ask you to just trust me here. never been a fan of promises w/ strings attached anyway.
mastin2
mastin2
The Second Coming
mastin2
The Second Coming
The Second Coming

Post Post #4719 (ISO) » Sun Sep 13, 2015 12:08 pm

Post by mastin2 »

In post 4705, hiplop wrote:Mastin now do you understand why your slot is so confusing to me? I religiously read inorganic lol
Yes, but you read it without access to the scum PT in which I rather vigorously detailed my thought process. Among the important bits being that, yes, I would have defended you as town, because yes, you WERE obviously town even without me being scum I could have and would have seen it. The only difference is that as scum, I wasn't working as hard as I could have to stop your lynch, because it was beneficial to me; as town, I would have defended you even HARDER. And probably done mostly that, defense, rather than the balance of defense and offense I ended up doing. (I do try to do both as town, but I also try to prioritize. Try being the operative word. Too much defense, too much offense, rarely end up getting both. My scumgame is a whole lot more "balanced" than my towngame.)

In post 4706, ProHawk wrote:This Mastin reverence is making me want to puke.
Can't you get more original banter? Jaqen's calling from the dead thread. He wants his complaint about me back.

(No, seriously, that's exactly what he says about me, in spite of how it is, very obviously, not true.)

In post 4710, Cerberus v666 wrote:Stop making up things about dead peoples roles and motivations because they happen to fit the narrative you want.
I'll stop if he stops. :P

Because judging off of PLAY is exactly what I want.
(Oh, and that's another take-away from Inorganic Chemistry: strong as my scumgame was there, I had a massive boost in the form of a legitimate role, which I never lied about, just used in a scum-oriented way. People like Nacho, Wicked, and LC--big-name players!--cleared me almost entirely because of the softclaim. So don't judge by role; judge by play. I have always, ALWAYS been an advocate of it, because it never stops being true. Judging me by play, I would have lost Inorganic Chemistry. Judging me by role, and that's one reason I was able to win.)
My academy.
Agnigi
mastin2
mastin2
The Second Coming
mastin2
The Second Coming
The Second Coming

Post Post #4720 (ISO) » Sun Sep 13, 2015 12:10 pm

Post by mastin2 »

In post 4713, borkjerfkin wrote:[3] Radja (The Antagonist, hiplop, Seiko x Naomi)
[2] mastin2 (ProHawk, Xtoxm)
[1] ProHawk (mastin2)
[3] Not Voting (Cerberus v666, Radja, pirate mollie)
^Btw, just in case there was any doubt, the Radja wagon contains at least one scum since it hasn't been hammered yet.
My academy.
Agnigi
mastin2
mastin2
The Second Coming
mastin2
The Second Coming
The Second Coming

Post Post #4721 (ISO) » Sun Sep 13, 2015 12:14 pm

Post by mastin2 »

In post 4718, The Antagonist wrote:
In post 4698, mastin2 wrote:Frankly you're the only reason Radja isn't conftown to me.
mastin, i'm not going to say i'll never ask you to just trust me again, because that's probably a lie
so i'll just ask you to just trust me here. never been a fan of promises w/ strings attached anyway.
I'm sorry.

I can't.
I can maybe trust you to be town. Maybe.

And you're right about one thing, the closest I can come to suspecting Radja is based off of effort to find stuff out: hiplop looks like he is, Seiko look like they are, mollie definitely is, you look like you are, I have definitely been, Cerb looks like he has, ProHawk definitely has not been, and Radja also hasn't (admittedly, Xtoxm also fits into that class, but screw scumreading him), but while it's a valid point...

...Nothing about it makes me want to lynch him before ProHawk.
I want to lynch ProHawk. And when ProHawk flips scum, work from there. Maybe I can trust you after that. But before? I'm sorry. I just can't let myself believe in it.
My academy.
Agnigi
mastin2
mastin2
The Second Coming
mastin2
The Second Coming
The Second Coming

Post Post #4722 (ISO) » Sun Sep 13, 2015 12:30 pm

Post by mastin2 »

In post 4719, mastin2 wrote:Judging me by play, I would have lost Inorganic Chemistry. Judging me by role, and that's one reason I was able to win.
Want to reemphasize this.
Play had stuff like me calling Aristophanes the scum rolecop 100% town and being off that lynch. Play had me consistently make bad calls. Play had me barely trying to hide my scum interactions. Play had me manipulating things blatantly.

Yet here, most of that isn't true. Here, playwise, I may not be perfectly competent, but I've demonstrated competency. Playwise, I have no scum interactions because no such connection could exist. Playwise, while I may have an agenda, there's no manipulation involved, no strings, no puppeteering, just solid effort to figure out the gamestate and to actually work with the players.

Oh, that's another difference between my scumgame and my towngame.
In my scumgame, I don't need to work with others; I need to pull the strings so that they willingly follow me
thinking
it's their own idea. (For instance? When I called TSO town for the Wicked cop, Cerb dropped me from suspicion. He thought that was his idea, but it's an example of me implanting the idea in others' heads. I literally brainwash the town as scum.)
In my towngame, I DO need to work with others, so I will make those call-outs, I will reach out to players, I will try to interact with them and be reasonable. I may change my mind on who said town people are, thus, alienating them, and when I alienate someone, it's ugly, but that just solidifies the point.

In my scumgame, I don't make enemies; everyone wants to be my friend, or at least treat me respectfully. (Barring occasional exceptions, which I then mislynch or use as smokescreen.)
In my towngame, I don't give a damn about making enemies, and am openly antagonistic.

These two things seem to contradict, but they really augment each other. Towngames, I need to work with people, but don't know who TO work with, and thus, I pursue my leads, and make enemies when they don't work out.
Scumgames, I let others work for me, thus, need them to not be actively antagonistic to me.

It might sound confusing at first, but it's night and day when observed in practice.
My academy.
Agnigi
Seiko x Naomi
Seiko x Naomi
Goon
Seiko x Naomi
Goon
Goon

Post Post #4723 (ISO) » Sun Sep 13, 2015 12:32 pm

Post by Seiko x Naomi »

In post 4708, pieguyn wrote:
In post 4312, borkjerfkin wrote:Jaqen Hghar was Red XIII
Aligned with The Planet [Town Modified Tracker]

Receives results on any active abilities performed, or any factional abilities performed only if no active ability was also performed.

i took this to mean he _tracks_ factional abilities if no active abilities are performed, not outright learns what they are

In post 4711, pieguyn wrote:
In post 4710, Cerberus v666 wrote:No. Stop misunderstanding. There is NO indication that his results indicate whether the ability he tracked was factional, or individual. NONE! There is only the indication that he is only tracking one ability, and it shows the priority by which those ability's will be tracked.

^this
notscience + pieguyn
Seiko x Naomi
Seiko x Naomi
Goon
Seiko x Naomi
Goon
Goon

Post Post #4724 (ISO) » Sun Sep 13, 2015 12:42 pm

Post by Seiko x Naomi »

i'm giving myself a checkpoint

at this point, i feel close to 100% that aeris/xtoxm and the antagonist are town

8. Cerberus v666
9. pirate mollie
10. hiplop
13. mastin2
14. Prohawk
15. Radja

i feel relatively comfortable saying one of the protective roles has to be scum, aka 1 scum in Cv666, mollie, Radja. i'm actually considering that it might be Cv666 because out of all of these claims i think bulletproof makes a lot of sense as a scum role and i really, really, really hated everything fresh did when he was in the game, but based on play i would say Radja is scum. i think his non-consecutive target modifier is probably legitimate even if he is a scum doc, btw, so i'm not really factoring that into account in terms of how i'm reading him. i also think if there are 4 meteor scum (which is what i'm assuming) having two town protective roles makes the most sense in this setup.

from there, we have 1-2 scum in hiplop, mastina, hawk. and if i'm being perfectly honest, i think this implicates hiplop and hawk a lot more than mastina. i don't see mastina and hawk on the same scum team. i *could* potentially see mastina and hiplop. but i think that hawk and hiplop makes a lot more sense than either of these pairs.

i'm going to straight up admit i haven't looked too much into this, but, meh. i've been busy recently.
notscience + pieguyn

Return to “Completed Large Theme Games”