Plotinus
Kitten Caboodle
Plotinus
Kitten Caboodle
Kitten Caboodle

Post Post #275 (ISO) » Wed Sep 23, 2015 10:01 am

Post by Plotinus »

Official Vote Count 1.0A Palindromic Numbers and 121
Palindromic numbers are numbers that are the same forwards as backwards. To test if a number i is a palindrome, you could use this python code:

Code: Select all

if str(i)[::-1] == str(i):
    print(str(i) + "is a palindrome."
else:
    print(str(i) + "is not a palindrome."

Palindromic primes are pretty to look at. Some palindromic primes are 101, 313, and 757.

121 is a Palindromic perfect square. One thing I really like about the number 121 is that in every base (except for base 2), 121 is a perfect square. In base 3, it represents the number 16. In base 4, it represents the number 25. In base 5, it represents the number 36, in base 246, it represents the number 2472 = 200*294 + 472 = 58800 + 2209 = 61009.

Can you see why this is the case?

:!:
BlueBloodedToffee
(L-4): Espeonage, lalaladucks, All Alone
Espeonage
(L-5): MTD, Bellaphant
lalaladucks
(L-6): DeasVail
pirate mollie
(L-6): Antihero
All Alone
(L-6): BlueBloodedToffee
DeathRowKitty
(L-6): JarJarDrinks
Antihero
(L-6): pirate mollie

Not Voting
(4): SithLord84, Wanderer-nl, DeathRowKitty, pirate mollie

With 13 alive, it takes 7 to lynch.

Deadline: 279th (32*31) day of the year or in (expired on 2015-10-06 14:00:00).

Let me know if there are any problems with the VC, or if you have maths related flavour requests.

Mod notes: <3
The failure mode of clever is asshole.

Modding checklists | Sequencer is in Game 5 | Space II is in Day 4
Antihero
Antihero
al;kdjfal;kj
Antihero
al;kdjfal;kj
al;kdjfal;kj

Post Post #276 (ISO) » Wed Sep 23, 2015 10:18 am

Post by Antihero »

In post 267, pirate mollie wrote:eh, I am not sure on him. I haven't played a lot with him so I kinda want to run him up to see what he does.

do you have a read on someone who's not australian or bbt?
The distance between insanity and genius is measured only by success.
pirate mollie
pirate mollie
thingmaker
pirate mollie
thingmaker
thingmaker

Post Post #277 (ISO) » Wed Sep 23, 2015 10:29 am

Post by pirate mollie »

In post 276, Antihero wrote:
In post 267, pirate mollie wrote:eh, I am not sure on him. I haven't played a lot with him so I kinda want to run him up to see what he does.

do you have a read on someone who's not australian or bbt?

sadly no.

I think you might be town but ffs you cld be scum.

you have pushed me before for moronic reasons as scum its just I am like REALLY
whew!
DeathRowKitty
DeathRowKitty
she
Frog
DeathRowKitty
she
Frog
Frog
Pronoun: she

Post Post #278 (ISO) » Wed Sep 23, 2015 10:32 am

Post by DeathRowKitty »

Doing have enough time to devote to reading the 4 new pages atm so making mathpost instead:

Spoiler: TMM
In post 201, Plotinus wrote:
2995633 - 2022020 = 973613 - 303303 = 670310/10 = 67031-10101 = 56930/10=5693-3003=2690/10=269-200+4=73-70=3 not divisible by 7

There's an (imo) nicer way of looking at this one that relies on a nice coincidence:

There's a 56 in the middle of the number. 56 is divisible by 7. So is 98. Let's use 98 instead.

You know what would be fun? Adding 140~

And maybe another 28 because we're
wild and crazy

There! Much better! This number just happens to have exactly the right number of digits to use a neat trick. By Fermat's little theorem, we know that 10^6 = 1 (mod 7), so 999999 has to be divisible by 7. 999999 times 3 is of course just 2999997 (since it's 1000000 times 3 minus 3), so 3000001 isn't divisible by 7 and neither is the original number.

Since 7 is a full reptend prime, the trick that method was relying on wouldn't work if the number had had any fewer digits and it doesn't work again until we have a 12-13 digit number, at which point it might be worth it to find a calculator to check for you anyway.
Bellaphant
Bellaphant
Jack of All Trades
Bellaphant
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #279 (ISO) » Wed Sep 23, 2015 10:58 am

Post by Bellaphant »

Hi Guys

I'm having the worst week and now my family dog is dying, so I'm going to my parents for a few days. I'll be around, and phone posting I hope, but I'm VLA-ing sitewide.

<3

@mod, vla 'til 27th, k?

Acknowledged. I'm sorry about your dog. <3
DeasVail
DeasVail
he/him
Survivor
DeasVail
he/him
Survivor
Survivor
Pronoun: he/him

Post Post #280 (ISO) » Wed Sep 23, 2015 11:25 am

Post by DeasVail »

In post 273, pirate mollie wrote:
In post 272, DeasVail wrote:I didn't have a read on you before. I'd probably appeal to emotions regardless though. Idk.

okay so walk me through as to why you think I am scum.

Your play and your reads all feel manufactured.

My biggest issue is after your changes in read on Anti. There you acknowledge your slow start to the game, yet earlier (), you act as if there's no way town-Anti scumreads you. The timing of the unvote is also suspicious. You don't have a higher priority target, nor is Antihero in danger of getting lynched. You also worry about your flip looking bad on Anti when you haven't really decided what your read of him is yet.

You talk about running up ducks, though your one comment is not really going to achieve that.

Though probably at least half of my scumread on you is trust in Antihero's read.

<3 Bella. I hope things go okay.
lalaladucks
lalaladucks
a study in thread
lalaladucks
a study in thread
a study in thread

Post Post #281 (ISO) » Wed Sep 23, 2015 2:29 pm

Post by lalaladucks »

In post 221, Wanderer-nl wrote:lala: In you respond to questions about BBT and then you put something in about a claim and your next post does say something about a sentence ending up in the wrong place and I'm having a hard time figuring out where it should be. Can you clear that up for me? I thought I found a spot but it doesn't match up with the rest of the paragraph, it looks like you were mixing up 2 thought processes there.

oh yeah i had quoted a thing and removed the other words but some of jarjar's sentence got left in there, will show below (i didn't write the bolded/orange bit that was a remnant from a quote)
Spoiler: oops
In post 151, lalaladucks wrote:
~blahblahblahblahblah~

In post 109, Wanderer-nl wrote:
In post 103, BlueBloodedToffee wrote:
What do you think about Esp's role in the discussion between myself and Ducks?

Haven't given it much thought earlier but he is asking for a vote from lala and it looks like he's mostly just trying to get a rise out of you.
Esp, what was your initial reason for asking lala to vote BBT?

@lala: What do you not like about the votes on BBT? And what is making him less of a suspect now?

see above
then for the second part, as the delicious tapioca pearl drink elucidates on his thought processes and actually
says
some things in lieu of asking question after question after question after question all the time, i'm starting to see where he's coming from
and it appears to be a less dark and shady place than my gut was warning me about in the beginning
of VT claim trope or something. So I'll take it as a real claim till I hear otherwise.

ESPE wrote:
Yes it's a real claim.
Yes scum would want to look for PRs.
I want to ensure my night phase safety.
I claim vt, scum don't kill me. This gives me a lot of freedom in my day play. Of course if more than one person did this, then we'd be getting in to a bit of weird territory with decent chances of hitting PRs with the kill much more than previously.

I'm just cocky basically.

duuuuuuuuuuuuude what the heck .___.
lalaladucks
lalaladucks
a study in thread
lalaladucks
a study in thread
a study in thread

Post Post #282 (ISO) » Wed Sep 23, 2015 2:59 pm

Post by lalaladucks »

okay so

from the last few pages anti is looking more townish. i was starting to get a bit ehhh about him because of all the lack of game related content but then he did some stuff and gave reasons for suspecting mollie which don't look
too
bad imo. the tone of his posts seems genuine to me.

also is mollie ever going to explain her suspicion of me? others have already asked but she hasn't really expounded upon the read as yet.

drk what are you doin. do you still think i'm scumsies? if so, why?

i'm not sure about all alone, probably will make my mind up about them with a couple more posts from them.

dv is a slight townlean at the moment cos i think he seems different to the horsies game in which he was scum?? it's meta so kinda bleh but will have a look at him later and see what else is contributing to that read.

recently mtd seems to be flying under the radar a bit. zoooooooooooooom wheeeeeeeeeeeee! makes me a bit wary of him.

sorry about your dog bella ;_;
Plotinus
Plotinus
Kitten Caboodle
Plotinus
Kitten Caboodle
Kitten Caboodle

Post Post #283 (ISO) » Wed Sep 23, 2015 8:02 pm

Post by Plotinus »

SithLord84 has been prodded. He has (expired on 2015-09-25 09:00:00) to post or he will be replaced.
The failure mode of clever is asshole.

Modding checklists | Sequencer is in Game 5 | Space II is in Day 4
pirate mollie
pirate mollie
thingmaker
pirate mollie
thingmaker
thingmaker

Post Post #284 (ISO) » Wed Sep 23, 2015 8:14 pm

Post by pirate mollie »

In post 280, DeasVail wrote:
In post 273, pirate mollie wrote:
In post 272, DeasVail wrote:I didn't have a read on you before. I'd probably appeal to emotions regardless though. Idk.

okay so walk me through as to why you think I am scum.

My biggest issue is after your changes in read on Anti. There you acknowledge your slow start to the game, yet earlier (), you act as if there's no way town-Anti scumreads you. The timing of the unvote is also suspicious. You don't have a higher priority target, nor is Antihero in danger of getting lynched. You also worry about your flip looking bad on Anti when you haven't really decided what your read of him is yet.

You talk about running up ducks, though your one comment is not really going to achieve that.

Though probably at least half of my scumread on you is trust in Antihero's read.

<3 Bella. I hope things go okay.

anti's read on me is horseshit, as i have so eloquently stated earlier.

I am trying to understand why. there is nothing manufactured about that dv.
whew!
pirate mollie
pirate mollie
thingmaker
pirate mollie
thingmaker
thingmaker

Post Post #285 (ISO) » Wed Sep 23, 2015 8:57 pm

Post by pirate mollie »

hey all alone!
whew!
Wanderer-nl
Wanderer-nl
Mafia Scum
Wanderer-nl
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum
Location: The country with the many dykes because we are below sealevel (GMT +1)

Post Post #286 (ISO) » Wed Sep 23, 2015 9:49 pm

Post by Wanderer-nl »

VOTE: lala
JarJarDrinks
JarJarDrinks
Mafia Scum
JarJarDrinks
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #287 (ISO) » Thu Sep 24, 2015 12:43 am

Post by JarJarDrinks »

In post 264, JarJarDrinks wrote:@antihero, what do u think of DRK?

and same question for everyone. Check my ISO for reasoning.
JarJarDrinks
JarJarDrinks
Mafia Scum
JarJarDrinks
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #288 (ISO) » Thu Sep 24, 2015 1:21 am

Post by JarJarDrinks »

For those too lazy, I've summarized.

About her "misguided" comment:
Spoiler:
In post 170, JarJarDrinks wrote:
In post 147, DeathRowKitty wrote:In hindsight, my vote is probably on Antihero for alignment-irrelevant things. I'd read most of the game in reverse order at that point and really didn't pick up on the context that Anti has chosen to participate in nothing on principle rather than because of the gamestate, which is frustrating but unfortunately not unusual or particularly scummy at that point in the game.

In post 75, MTD wrote:
In post 72, Espeonage wrote:
In post 70, MTD wrote:
In post 64, Espeonage wrote:@MTD: I refuse to die until I have flirted with everyone. So buck up best boy. Mollie started it.

meh that sucks.

tbf, I would have been wagoned for once people consider the banter that happened yesterday before roles went out.

my problem is that I don't know if you are scum but I just said I will keep my vote on you so it kinda keeps me from voting better.
Why did you feel obligated to hold yourself to this? What makes it even more unusual is that in your next post you said:
In post 89, MTD wrote:dammit, now I have to

UNVOTE: before that becomse a wagon.

Why was "voting better" not an important enough reason for you to move your vote and why was defusing a wagon that hadn't formed yet more important to you than that?

From that same post:
MTD wrote:I don't see espe as scum rn.
Was that meant to mean the same thing as your "I don't know if you are scum" in your previous post or did something change in-between those two posts? The two phrases have very different connotations to me.

As for my opinions on Espe at that point in the game...I'm pretty sure he chose his side in the lala vs BBT proceedings based on the gender of its participants. Perhaps not intentionally, but it would fit what I know of him for that to be what ultimately decided his stances. Overall, I don't think he's likely scum there.

This is too late in the game to not be giving opinions on anything, even if it's only page 5. Now it's potentially scummy.

Well...guess I should have continued reading through the current page before posting because Antihero does give an opinion here and I can see where he's coming from with it and I can see how it might make sense for that to stand out more to him than other things thus far. But to check....
Anti, did you not find anything else before that important enough to post about? What specifically about wanderer makes you think she's scum?
Fucking never mind you answered already

Recent votes on Espe are interesting but misguided imo.
Wanna do a bit of a skim of specific things before committing to a new vote

Unvote: Antihero

"Misguided" is such a wierd word to use here. It implies that you have town reads on those people. If you think ESP in town, then why can't it be scum jumping on the wagon?

In fact one of the "misguided" people is MTD. And reading the first part of your post, I don't get the feeling you're townreading MTD at all.

In post 207, JarJarDrinks wrote:
Unvote
vote: DeathRowKitty

I really can't get over that "misguided" comment. When calling someone misguided, you HAVE to be reading them as town. The two "misguided" people DRK was presumably talking about were MTD and Bella.

- MTD was someone she questioned heavily in that same post. Weird to do that to a town read.

- And her next 2 posts, she asks mollie and BBT if they think Bella is scum. Implying that she's scumreading Bella herself.

Now sure, she doesn't outright say that she thinks MTD or Bella is scum. But...she doesn't really give scum reads on anyone.

about Espeonage being a "compromise lynch":
Spoiler:
In post 213, JarJarDrinks wrote:Something else that I find scummy (DV already touched on this a little):

In post 146, DeathRowKitty wrote:To respond to whoever it was that asked, yes, the VT claim was terrible.
I think we were all just assuming it was a joke
. The more we talk about it, the worse it gets, but on the bright side,
Espeonage is now a great compromise lynch
if we have any game day in which we collectively do poorly enough to need one.

Reading up on the other stuffs..

Don't these 2 things conflict? If we're assuming the claim was a joke, why would esp be a great compromise lynch?

In post 225, JarJarDrinks wrote:
In post 224, Espeonage wrote:
In post 220, JarJarDrinks wrote:
In post 214, Espeonage wrote:No they don't.

One talks about perceptions and the other talks post my confirmation.

I don't see how this relates to what I asked at all. Why does DRK think you'd make a great compromise lynch?

bc town should lynch someone and best off it not being a PR.

EXACTLY. If everyone was taking the claim as a joke, why would you be less likely to be a PR?
lalaladucks
lalaladucks
a study in thread
lalaladucks
a study in thread
a study in thread

Post Post #289 (ISO) » Thu Sep 24, 2015 1:34 am

Post by lalaladucks »

In post 286, Wanderer-nl wrote:VOTE: lala

hello

why?

JarJarDrinks wrote:

i have a nullread on drk! too much mathematics not enough mafia from drk imo
BlueBloodedToffee
BlueBloodedToffee
Survivor
BlueBloodedToffee
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #290 (ISO) » Thu Sep 24, 2015 1:42 am

Post by BlueBloodedToffee »

In post 234, Antihero wrote:
y r u being so bad?

I mean, if you can't see that All Alone is scum I'm not sure what I can do for you...

In post 238, pirate mollie wrote:okay

we are lynching anti

VOTE: antihero

This is bad - I thought you said Scum!Anti wouldn't push you?
Meta this. Meta that. Meta Everything. Meta is not a good scum-hunting tool. PEOPLE CAN MANIPULATE THEIR META. Stop it. Stop. It. Now.
BlueBloodedToffee
BlueBloodedToffee
Survivor
BlueBloodedToffee
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #291 (ISO) » Thu Sep 24, 2015 1:49 am

In post 257, pirate mollie wrote:
you shld be an easy read but I honestly don't get your push on me and it feels scummy cos you haven't tried to sort my alignment and no, you haven't. it is a tawdry push and you shld know it.

UNVOTE:

I am not interested in a 1v1 if you want to contiue with your dumb push by all means carry on but I am town and I mostly worried about my flip looking bad on you.

This post hurt my head reading it - why exactly have you changed your mind on Anti again? I mean, I feel like Anti has been more than clear about his position on you and you're just continually trying to hand wave it away. You say his push is scummy and then you unvote him...I had to read that like 3 times to make sure I wasn't missing something.

Then you go on to speak to him like you're town reading him and you're worried how your flip will look on him...seriously? I think you've been playing Mafia long enough to know that if Anti pushed you for 30 pages and you did flip town, that would hardly make Anti confscum as you seem to be implying.

I really need you to clear up your read/position on Anti.

In post 258, JarJarDrinks wrote:That response seemed town to me.

It did? What made you think it was town?

In post 269, DeasVail wrote:Antihero, I am about to move my vote, but the startling inconsistencies from mollie make me cautious. I feel like she'd be able to avoid that degree of messy play as scum. Overall I'm still scumreading her though, but it almost seems too easy.

Does it hurt sitting on that fence?
Meta this. Meta that. Meta Everything. Meta is not a good scum-hunting tool. PEOPLE CAN MANIPULATE THEIR META. Stop it. Stop. It. Now.
JarJarDrinks
JarJarDrinks
Mafia Scum
JarJarDrinks
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #292 (ISO) » Thu Sep 24, 2015 1:49 am

Post by JarJarDrinks »

In post 289, lalaladucks wrote:
JarJarDrinks wrote:

i have a nullread on drk! too much mathematics not enough mafia from drk imo

What about my reasoning didn't you like? Do you think calling someone misguided doesn't necessarily mean she has a townread on them? Or do you think you she really was townreading MTD and Bella?

And why do you think she said Espeonage makes a good compromise lynch if she told everyone the VT claim was to be taken as a joke?
BlueBloodedToffee
BlueBloodedToffee
Survivor
BlueBloodedToffee
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #293 (ISO) » Thu Sep 24, 2015 1:53 am

In post 280, DeasVail wrote:

This seems like you should be voting Mollie...and it also doesn't really fit with your previous post where you fence sat to the max. What are the reasons for you doubting your scum read?

In post 286, Wanderer-nl wrote:VOTE: lala

Naked votes are just the best. Why?

In post 287, JarJarDrinks wrote:

I don't have much of an opinion on him.
JarJarDrinks
JarJarDrinks
Mafia Scum
JarJarDrinks
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #294 (ISO) » Thu Sep 24, 2015 2:00 am

Post by JarJarDrinks »

In post 291, BlueBloodedToffee wrote:
In post 258, JarJarDrinks wrote:That response seemed town to me.

It did? What made you think it was town?
cause I feel like she was pissed at anti and realized her vote was an OMGUS and then she calmed down and came to her senses and realized it could just be a bad read as opposed to a scum push. Seemed like a natural thought progression to me.
JarJarDrinks
JarJarDrinks
Mafia Scum
JarJarDrinks
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #295 (ISO) » Thu Sep 24, 2015 2:05 am

Post by JarJarDrinks »

In post 293, BlueBloodedToffee wrote:
In post 287, JarJarDrinks wrote:

I don't have much of an opinion on him.

What about my reasoning didn't you like? Do you think calling someone misguided doesn't necessarily mean she has a townread on them? Or do you think you she really was townreading MTD and Bella?

And why do you think she said Espeonage makes a good compromise lynch if she told everyone the VT claim was to be taken as a joke?

Like geez people. Tell me why my case sucks @ least.
All Alone
All Alone
Goon
All Alone
Goon
Goon

Post Post #296 (ISO) » Thu Sep 24, 2015 2:08 am

Post by All Alone »

In post 290, BlueBloodedToffee wrote:
In post 234, Antihero wrote:
y r u being so bad?

I mean, if you can't see that All Alone is scum I'm not sure what I can do for you...

If you genuinely had a reason to think I'm scum, I'm pretty sure you'd be able to think of something more convincing than just whining that the votes aren't magically all on me because you said so.
dear princess celestia, sometimes it can be hard for a shy pony like me to stand up for myself, and when i first tried it, i didn't like the pony i became. but i've learned that standing up for yourself isn't the same as changing who you are. now i know how to put my hoof down without being unpleasant or mean
BlueBloodedToffee
BlueBloodedToffee
Survivor
BlueBloodedToffee
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #297 (ISO) » Thu Sep 24, 2015 2:10 am

I think your case on DRK rests on inconsistencies but I'm not sure those inconsistencies are scummy. You have a valid point with regards to the 'misguided' comment - I would assume he was town reading the people he was speaking about and I have no idea how he would be town reading Bella and MTD so, yeah, colour me confused on that one. I'll await his response to you.
BlueBloodedToffee
BlueBloodedToffee
Survivor
BlueBloodedToffee
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #298 (ISO) » Thu Sep 24, 2015 2:12 am

In post 296, All Alone wrote:
If you genuinely had a reason to think I'm scum, I'm pretty sure you'd be able to think of something more convincing than just whining that the votes aren't magically all on me because you said so.

I mean, you're voting and reasoning has been pretty terrible so far so once people start paying attention to you I'm sure you'll start picking up votes.
JarJarDrinks
JarJarDrinks
Mafia Scum
JarJarDrinks
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #299 (ISO) » Thu Sep 24, 2015 2:14 am

Post by JarJarDrinks »

A great side effect of a DRK lynch is if he/she is red, it basically confirms Esp, MTD and bella as town

Return to “Completed Mini Normal Games”