Cataphant
Cataphant
Townie
Cataphant
Townie
Townie

Post Post #176 (ISO) » Sun Sep 27, 2015 12:09 pm

Post by Cataphant »

Seems like an over-justification. I don't think that's how town would regularily think about that situation.

How about you?
Cataphant
Cataphant
Townie
Cataphant
Townie
Townie

Post Post #177 (ISO) » Sun Sep 27, 2015 12:10 pm

Post by Cataphant »

oh. Farside? This just looks like town farside to me!
farside22
farside22
Mafia Mum
farside22
Mafia Mum
Mafia Mum

Post Post #178 (ISO) » Sun Sep 27, 2015 12:56 pm

Post by farside22 »

@thor; I meant sutle not stubble.
Don't ask
I'm not sure what your looking for, I'm betting you will disagree but I'll quote what I saw from Dave in my next post.

I'm betting the cat post was bella.
Lying cat was probably jingle.

I laughed at over justification comment.
You can't be serious
Sarcasm is just a way of saying how stupid you think someone is but in a more polite way.
farside22
farside22
Mafia Mum
farside22
Mafia Mum
Mafia Mum

Post Post #179 (ISO) » Sun Sep 27, 2015 1:02 pm

Post by farside22 »

The quotes below is what I was referring to.
He is trying to explain and ask and thor doesn't respond other then to perry a point against Dav elaborates the reason.
Do I find the reason weak.
Yes.
Is it scummy
No
In post 50, Davsto wrote:You have a townread on someone who has made only 7 posts? Elaborate.

In post 52, Davsto wrote:
In post 51, Thor665 wrote:
In post 50, Davsto wrote:You have a townread on someone who has made only 7 posts? Elaborate.

Don't you have a scumlean on someone who also has 7 posts (and had less when you stated scum lean)?
Also, I've stated a town lean on a player with one post.

Not a scum lean, they've just done one thing I'm not a fan of.
Also, you explained that, didn't you? At the end of

In post 58, Davsto wrote:Oh, apparently it was some really clever townread I don't understand.
Sarcasm is just a way of saying how stupid you think someone is but in a more polite way.
farside22
farside22
Mafia Mum
farside22
Mafia Mum
Mafia Mum

Post Post #180 (ISO) » Sun Sep 27, 2015 1:03 pm

Post by farside22 »

I apparently missed some quotes but hopefully that was more clear
Lying Cat
Lying Cat
Mafia Scum
Lying Cat
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #181 (ISO) » Sun Sep 27, 2015 2:23 pm

Post by Lying Cat »

In post 177, Cataphant wrote:oh. Farside? This just looks like town farside to me!

Why?
Lying Cat
Lying Cat
Mafia Scum
Lying Cat
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #182 (ISO) » Sun Sep 27, 2015 2:25 pm

Post by Lying Cat »

In post 178, farside22 wrote:Lying cat was probably jingle.

Anything that hasn't been flowery exposition or voting Thor is probably Jingle, but I can never tell for sure. :P
Cataphant
Cataphant
Townie
Cataphant
Townie
Townie

Post Post #183 (ISO) » Sun Sep 27, 2015 3:54 pm

Post by Cataphant »

far whats wrong with overjustification thing about pistachio? :\
Lying Cat
Lying Cat
Mafia Scum
Lying Cat
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #184 (ISO) » Sun Sep 27, 2015 5:37 pm

Post by Lying Cat »

Cat, talk to me about farside.
Wingback
Wingback
Goon
Wingback
Goon
Goon

Post Post #185 (ISO) » Sun Sep 27, 2015 6:11 pm

Post by Wingback »

In post 115, pistachi0n wrote:This was a bad post. I know it's technically not game related but it's like you're trying to convey an "i don't give a fuck" attitude.
Explain to me why scum are more likely than town to post "squawk" in response to being asked not to do it.

In post 164, pistachi0n wrote:You don't like my vote on Hecatia? If I wanted an easy bandwagon I would have put my vote on Vedith.
What's your read on Vedith?

In post 81, Ankamius wrote:Oh, so this is a playstyle clash.
What gave you this impression?

In post 177, Cataphant wrote:oh. Farside? This just looks like town farside to me!
What does scum Farside look like? If you haven't seen her as scum, what would you imagine she looks like?

In post 170, Thor665 wrote:How is not explaining a soft townred (with reasons given why I'm not) from RVS a "hangup" about me?
That's not a response to my question. Deflecting my questions with one of yours is a pretty great way to ensure you don't get a response. You can ask one of your own after answering mine. To be clear, I'll rephrase: what about Cataphant's first post read town to you? If you answered and I missed it, link it for me.
Wingback
Wingback
Goon
Wingback
Goon
Goon

Post Post #186 (ISO) » Sun Sep 27, 2015 6:27 pm

Post by Wingback »

In post 163, Lying Cat wrote:ETL has shown the minor towntells I'd expect from town her this early, but not enough to make that read solid.

Which of you posted this? If not Sthar8, I'm interested in hearing his read on Concrete.
pistachi0n
pistachi0n
Mafia Scum
pistachi0n
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #187 (ISO) » Sun Sep 27, 2015 7:04 pm

Post by pistachi0n »

In post 185, Wingback wrote:
In post 115, pistachi0n wrote:This was a bad post. I know it's technically not game related but it's like you're trying to convey an "i don't give a fuck" attitude.
Explain to me why scum are more likely than town to post "squawk" in response to being asked not to do it.

I'm not voting Hecatia because they said squawk, that was just something I noticed. The general tone of the interaction made it seem like Hecatia was trying to project overconfidence.
Hecatia Lapislazuli
Hecatia Lapislazuli
Goon
Hecatia Lapislazuli
Goon
Goon

Post Post #188 (ISO) » Sun Sep 27, 2015 7:43 pm

Post by Hecatia Lapislazuli »

Good job notty i told you to take care of this while i wasnt feeling ok. Anyway gonna read all i missed

~Sakura
Hecatia Lapislazuli
Hecatia Lapislazuli
Goon
Hecatia Lapislazuli
Goon
Goon

Post Post #189 (ISO) » Sun Sep 27, 2015 7:51 pm

In post 163, Lying Cat wrote:Sakura is definitely worth the suspicion, which makes me like cat. The shift onto ved does not.

I swear to god if this becomes another "let's scumread Sakura because we don't like her playstyle or because we like to see her AtE" im just going to sit on the back and let notty handle all the posting =/
In post 164, pistachi0n wrote:You don't like my vote on Hecatia? If I wanted an easy bandwagon I would have put my vote on Vedith.

I do agree that you're not jumping on an easy BW, I disagree that your reasoning for your vote makes sense.
In post 168, farside22 wrote:I'm looking for some unfiltered thoughts from both of you too.

Last you heard from me i was townreading Thor, scumreading Davsto and scumreading Vedith, that hasn't changed, tho im not liking this pistacho guy because he seems like he's assigning an alignment to us and going from there. Last i heard from notty he was also townreading Thor, i didn't ask him for reasons tho, i wasnt feeling well at the time and told him to take care of the hydra in the meantime (which apparently never happened).

Also apparently Davsto has dissapeared and has posts elsewhere, how interesting

~Sakura
Davsto
Davsto
He/Him
Farce of Habit
Davsto
He/Him
Farce of Habit
Farce of Habit
Pronoun: He/Him

Post Post #190 (ISO) » Sun Sep 27, 2015 7:56 pm

Post by Davsto »

In post 189, Hecatia Lapislazuli wrote:Also apparently Davsto has dissapeared and has posts elsewhere, how interesting

At the current time, I have nothing to add to the situation, hence my lack of posting.

Hello.

Any questions? I'm sure you have some.
farside22
farside22
Mafia Mum
farside22
Mafia Mum
Mafia Mum

Post Post #191 (ISO) » Mon Sep 28, 2015 12:25 am

Post by farside22 »

In post 183, Cataphant wrote:far whats wrong with overjustification thing about pistachio? :\

Ohhhh sorry I misunderstood your post. :oops:

Dav: there is more then just people attacking you to discuss.
Who are your scum reads. What do you think of the wagons?
massive
massive
Mafia Scum
massive
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #192 (ISO) » Mon Sep 28, 2015 2:42 am

Post by massive »

OK, I'm caught up. Had I known this was going to start on a weekend, I would have skipped the Great American Beer Festival and sat at home and waited.

I like farside (gut), Concrete Angels (same thought patterns). I'm curious to see where this Vedith thing goes.

VOTE: Hecatia

I was following along with CA's train of thought, liked that they called Sakura out on something (Sakura even says "increased suspicion" in when what she really means is "actually started suspecting" since her initial vote was a sheep on a wagon she clearly knew was just for RVS), which she then IMMEDIATELY repeats, and then, when the heat picks up, the second head arrives to say what Sakura should have said all along which was "for the sake of the flowchart" which I assume means "to continue to see what happened with the wagon, without all this pretense about slight town reads or slight scum reads which I then have to back up."
"1AM .. not a good time to think I started mixing massive and mathcam" - Totem, DP8
"unvote mlaker; vote massive; It's like MeMe/mneme and Corsato/Cadmium" - Dragon Phoenix, Newbie 38
PLEASE NOTE: I actively avoid being online on weekends! Don't replace me just because of this!
Antihero
Antihero
al;kdjfal;kj
Antihero
al;kdjfal;kj
al;kdjfal;kj

Post Post #193 (ISO) » Mon Sep 28, 2015 3:22 am

Post by Antihero »

In post 192, massive wrote:Had I known this was going to start on a weekend, I would have skipped the Great American Beer Festival and sat at home and waited.

oh, i know. i have a knack for catching people at the worst times. my weirdo college roommate who had this odd habit of putting his socks on the doorknob (i guess he was a ... reverse germaphobe...? do those exist?) always got mad at me when i walked in on him having sex. freak.
The distance between insanity and genius is measured only by success.
Hecatia Lapislazuli
Hecatia Lapislazuli
Goon
Hecatia Lapislazuli
Goon
Goon

Post Post #194 (ISO) » Mon Sep 28, 2015 3:28 am

I wonder how many semantic arguments for me being scum im going to get by the end of the day, meanwhile Vedith continues to avoid this thread by posting elsewhere, and Davsto just Beetlejuice'd

~Sakura
Davsto
Davsto
He/Him
Farce of Habit
Davsto
He/Him
Farce of Habit
Farce of Habit

Post Post #195 (ISO) » Mon Sep 28, 2015 4:23 am

Post by Davsto »

In post 191, farside22 wrote:
In post 183, Cataphant wrote:far whats wrong with overjustification thing about pistachio? :\

Ohhhh sorry I misunderstood your post. :oops:

Dav: there is more then just people attacking you to discuss.
Who are your scum reads. What do you think of the wagons?

Not a fan of the Vedith wagon, because sometimes people semi-lurk as both alignments. People seem to take it as a scumtell and sure, they can, but not alone. The wagon is based purely on this, and nothing actually scummy Ved's done, so I'm wary of it.

As for singular scumreads, I think you've all probably figured out mine on Hecatia asfdgfnzfdndsknv. I'm probably gonna vote them.

VOTE: Hecatia

Make that a full vote.
farside22
farside22
Mafia Mum
farside22
Mafia Mum
Mafia Mum

Post Post #196 (ISO) » Mon Sep 28, 2015 5:30 am

Post by farside22 »

In post 181, Lying Cat wrote:

Why?

Why have you only asked only cat about their read on me?

In post 187, pistachi0n wrote:

I'm not voting Hecatia because they said squawk, that was just something I noticed. The general tone of the interaction made it seem like Hecatia was trying to project overconfidence.

And???

While I'm thinking I somewhat wonder if we should claim characters. I have a theory and I wonder if I'm out guessing the mod or not.
Davsto
Davsto
He/Him
Farce of Habit
Davsto
He/Him
Farce of Habit
Farce of Habit

Post Post #197 (ISO) » Mon Sep 28, 2015 5:33 am

Post by Davsto »

In post 196, farside22 wrote:While I'm thinking I somewhat wonder if we should claim characters. I have a theory and I wonder if I'm out guessing the mod or not.

I'm against this idea.

It doesn't help clear anyone to town because rolenames are insignificant to alignments, but it gives scum a decent guess at what people's roles are. I fail to see this benefiting town.
farside22
farside22
Mafia Mum
farside22
Mafia Mum
Mafia Mum

Post Post #198 (ISO) » Mon Sep 28, 2015 5:38 am

Post by farside22 »

In post 197, Davsto wrote:
In post 196, farside22 wrote:While I'm thinking I somewhat wonder if we should claim characters. I have a theory and I wonder if I'm out guessing the mod or not.

I'm against this idea.

It doesn't help clear anyone to town because rolenames are insignificant to alignments, but it gives scum a decent guess at what people's roles are. I fail to see this benefiting town.

I have a reason, but I don't know if I said too much.
Sorry just thinking aloud
Thor665
Thor665
Papa Smurf
Thor665
Papa Smurf
Papa Smurf

Post Post #199 (ISO) » Mon Sep 28, 2015 5:48 am

Post by Thor665 »

In post 179, farside22 wrote:The quotes below is what I was referring to.
He is trying to explain and ask and thor doesn't respond other then to perry a point against Dav elaborates the reason.
Do I find the reason weak.
Yes.
Is it scummy
No

I'm feeling lost here - allow me to phrase the situation as I understand it, then if you could do the same that would be swell;

Dav attacked hecatia for reading a slot that only had 7 posts in the thread.
At the point Dav did this (reading Sakura) she had 7 posts.
Thor had presented a read on a slot with 1 posts and Dav had not called me out on that.
Probably other people had presented early reads as well.
Thor considers this an unfair/scummy method because it suggests he is using a fake point to attack Hecatia over - Thor calls him out on it.
Dav responds with "I thought I understood your reason, now I see I don't, so, oh, can you explain that read too" suggesting that now him understanding is part of what justifies a legit read in x posts and not what x equals - which means, what the heck was the point of mentioning 7 posts in regards to Hecatia's read as opposed to simply saying "I don't understand your read, that's scummy" or words to that effect.
Whether or not I explained my read to him is immeterial to the discussion about what he did and whether it can be read as scummy or not.
I read it as scummy.

What are you saying?

In post 170, Thor665 wrote:How is not explaining a soft townred (with reasons given why I'm not) from RVS a "hangup" about me?
That's not a response to my question. Deflecting my questions with one of yours is a pretty great way to ensure you don't get a response. You can ask one of your own after answering mine. To be clear, I'll rephrase: what about Cataphant's first post read town to you? If you answered and I missed it, link it for me.

I've actually alreaady answered this question about 3 times in the thread already - sure, my answer is "I'm not going to answer that" but to then complain that I'm "dodging" sounds kind of silly - you know what my answer is going to be. Even if we go with my "get three people who say they can get a read off me for it" challenge and count you amongst them - that's still only 2 people, and, thus, still not a high enough number for me to bother answering, so, again, no dodge.

Now that we have established that I did answer the question, whether or not you like the answer, I would like you to answer my question and not...wait for it...dodge it like you just did ;) Thanks.

Dare I ask why you have a rolename theory based off Day 1 prior to any flips? Or would that possible reveal too much again?
Honestly I suspect rolenames are relatively meaningless - I'd almost be more amused to get people to reveal them, but only if they revealed their submitted lists also.
But, really, it's just because I'm a fanboy and want to judge people on their choices.

Return to “Completed Mini Theme Games”