BlueBloodedToffee
Survivor
BlueBloodedToffee
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #975 (ISO) » Tue Oct 06, 2015 12:45 am

Post by BlueBloodedToffee »

In post 944, JarJarDrinks wrote:
I feel like I'm in crazyland here. Can people explain to me how town can win a game where all the members of scum team choose to lurk?

I feel this is more a conversation for post game but I share your pain - I have been trying to get lurkers lynched since I joined this site. Unfortunately, site meta just never allows it to happen. I wanna talk about this some more, so remind me of it post-game please.

In post 947, MTD wrote:very early reads: Fro99er is towny-towny
Espe is meh, reading through it again, that jump on jarjar is something I dislike. Like I said, I don't agree with JJ on it, but it being the first thing you suddenly hop on and claw a scumread out of without having done anything else in a while is meh.
jarjar is probstown

may I also say that fro99er and to a lesser extent JJ are the
only
people going out of the lynch yesterday with an improved towniness?
I agree with [someone] (forgot who and to lazy to look it up) that its tempting to just lynch one of AA and DV to see what's going on. OTOH it actually wouldn't clear things up for sure anyway except if DV is scum. If that's the case BBT is his partner. If not, no idea.

OK, so can you explain what makes you think Fro99er is town? Also, why even suggest that it's tempting to lynch one of All Alone/Deas to 'see what's going on' if you don't actually believe it will clear anything up anyway?

In post 949, MTD wrote:Apart from the connection to dv he's null for the reasons dv stated.

A null read on p38...that's just fantastic.
Meta this. Meta that. Meta Everything. Meta is not a good scum-hunting tool. PEOPLE CAN MANIPULATE THEIR META. Stop it. Stop. It. Now.
Plotinus
Plotinus
Kitten Caboodle
Plotinus
Kitten Caboodle
Kitten Caboodle

Post Post #976 (ISO) » Tue Oct 06, 2015 1:00 am

Post by Plotinus »

Official Vote Count 3.05 Thabit numbers
Thabit numbers are numbers that match the pattern 3×2n - 1

The first few Thabit numbers are 2, 5, 11, 23, 47, 95, 191, and you can get the next one by doubling the previous number and adding 1.

There are quite a few Thabit primes. The largest known one is 3*211895718-1.

They are named after Al-Ṣābiʾ Thābit ibn Qurra al-Ḥarrānī, an Arabic mathematician who lived in Baghdad in the 9th century AD.

:!:
BlueBloodedToffee
(L-4): lalaladucks, All Alone
Bellaphant
(L-4): JarJarDrinks, DeasVail
Fro99er
(L-5): BlueBloodedToffee
JarJarDrinks
(L-5): Espeonage,
Bellaphant

DeasVail
(L-6): Fro99er

Not Voting
(4):
Bellaphant, DeasVail
, DeathRowKitty,
JarJarDrinks
, MTD, Fro99er, Bellaphant

With 10 alive, it takes 6 to lynch.

Deadline: 291st (3*97) day of the year or in (expired on 2015-10-18 14:00:00).

Let me know if there are any problems with the VC, or if you have maths related flavour requests.

Flavour Queue Written: :neutral:
Spoiler: Things I haven’t rambled about yet but i’m gonna
more about the Birch and Swinnerton-Dyer Conjecture, P vs NP, more figurate numbers, Hodge conjecture, Yang-Mills existence and mass gap, Fermat’s Last Theorem, Hilbert Space Filling Curve, Mandelbrot Set, Complex Analysis, Lattice Multiplication, miscellaneous numberphile and vihart videos, practical numbers, hilbert numbers, leyland numbers, fibonacci numbers, jacobsthal numbers, pell numbers, pell-lucas numbers, leonardo numbers, perrin numbers, polite numbers, motzkin numbers, Erdős–Woods numbers, vampire numbers, Recursion and Mafia, maths jokes that I wrote myself and why they are funny, Abelian groups and semigroups, noncommutative operations, the 68-95-99.7 rule, fro99er’s first theorem

Mod notes: Today is the 279th day of the year. 3*31.
Last edited by Plotinus on Thu Oct 08, 2015 9:34 am, edited 1 time in total.
The failure mode of clever is asshole.

Modding checklists | Sequencer is in Game 5 | Space II is in Day 4
BlueBloodedToffee
BlueBloodedToffee
Survivor
BlueBloodedToffee
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #977 (ISO) » Tue Oct 06, 2015 1:04 am

In post 951, DeasVail wrote:BBT, I can't work out from whether you think you'll be lynched or you don't.

I'm not sure what the point of this question is but I'll go ahead and answer anyway.

You read it exactly as it's meant to be read because I wasn't sure either. Once I saw the NK, I felt for sure I would be speedlynched - when that didn't quite take-of (although it was close), I felt like I had a fighting chance of staying in the game but it was on a knife's edge.

I'm actually concerned with how quickly my wagon crumbled once people saw the lynch wasn't going to go through. I mean, look at Esp's reasoning for voting me. 'Placeholder'...what the fuck is that about?

In post 953, Bellaphant wrote:
This read is so stale. Lalal has a lot of posts but if you take away 'fluffy lovely lala-ness' and 'vote BBT', the content isn't great.

YES BELLA!

Lala has not once explained her scum read of me, no matter how many times I try to pry it from her. She has scum read me from RVS and has NEVER expanded on it. She keeps herself looking busy and away from the attention of others by sitting on me and tunneling.

In post 953, Bellaphant wrote:Fuck, epse's town. Hiii espe.

I don't get this...are you unhappy Esp is town?

In post 953, Bellaphant wrote::D This, I like. JarJAr and lalala are both pushing 'easy' cases, it makes them look busy when they ain't.

Disagree about easy cases. Lynching lurkers is one of the hardest things to do on this site. Lynching me isn't quite as difficult, but it's still quite a task. I agree though that Lala is using the difficulty of achieving my lynch to make herself look busy.

In post 953, Bellaphant wrote:
Espe, Frog, BBT town, AllA prolly town unless 2 scumteams.

Nulls: drk, mtd

Confused: DV.

Scum - lala and JarJar. It even rhymes!

Bella can you explain Esp and Fro99er town reads please along with why you're confused about DV? Also, I think I'm town reading you...does that mean you're actually scum for once?

In post 962, Fro99er wrote:I do think lalalalalalallllllallalalalalallaDucksGiraffe is someone I need to reevaluate.

Did you get around to this Fro99er? Also, can you respond to my recent posts about why you're scum?

In post 970, lalaladucks wrote:
well it's mostly just that i think bbt is scum
and all alone is town
if bbt is lynched and somehow turns out to be town then all alone looks pretty bad i think?

Why does All Alone look bad if I flip town? I don't get that at all...

In post 970, lalaladucks wrote:i'm not pushing bubbly because i think it's 'easy' - he's hard to lynch! look at him. i've been trying to get him out the whole game and still, he lingers. i'm not trying to look busy??? i'm just trying to get others to hang up bubbleteaaa because i think he is a scumbumble beeee

You know, a great way to achieve the lynch you desire is to explain your scum read to the rest of the class.

Go.
Meta this. Meta that. Meta Everything. Meta is not a good scum-hunting tool. PEOPLE CAN MANIPULATE THEIR META. Stop it. Stop. It. Now.
JarJarDrinks
JarJarDrinks
Mafia Scum
JarJarDrinks
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #978 (ISO) » Tue Oct 06, 2015 1:17 am

Post by JarJarDrinks »

In post 969, Bellaphant wrote:Re-reading your whole iso, I'm willing to lay off this for now, but please do get back to me on lala.
There's really not much more to it than the fact that Wanderer spent alot of time on lala. Read Wands ISO. Lala is the first person wand goes after. And it's not like it was a throwaway vote. DV had already voted for lala and that wagon could have easily picked up steam @ that point.
JarJarDrinks
JarJarDrinks
Mafia Scum
JarJarDrinks
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #979 (ISO) » Tue Oct 06, 2015 1:19 am

Post by JarJarDrinks »

In post 936, JarJarDrinks wrote:Can we ask all alone who he targeted last night? Very curious as to what he says.

bumping this in case AA feels like showing up.
lalaladucks
lalaladucks
a study in thread
lalaladucks
a study in thread
a study in thread

Post Post #980 (ISO) » Tue Oct 06, 2015 1:30 am

Post by lalaladucks »

umm yeah

a bit hard for me to explain my read on you bubbly.. it's kinda like

a feeling

i really feel that you are almost definitely one of the scums

hmmmm since i can't really explain it i can see how it doesn't really seem that legit

but dude you're so sussss??? like oh man

MAN

there probably would be some great explanations for my scumread of you but i'm not gonna go through your iso.. yawwwwn

i don't really mind if we don't lynch you today. just as long as we eventually get to lynching you or manage to lynch other scums with you turning out to be town (though i doubt this scenario)

could go for a bella lynch, her catch-up was very meh. and looks like she's trying to scumpaint me. sighhh

also would like mtd to comment more on things

and drk froggy kitty on death row pls come and do some stuff pls it would be nice? pls
JarJarDrinks
JarJarDrinks
Mafia Scum
JarJarDrinks
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #981 (ISO) » Tue Oct 06, 2015 1:38 am

Post by JarJarDrinks »

In post 974, DeasVail wrote:lalala, I'm really torn on BBT. :(

I assume it's for the same reasons I am. He doesn't really read scum, but there's something up w/ this combination of stuffs:

- The no-kill night 1
- The All Alone roleblock claim (also BBT saying he didnt know he could be blocked)
- Your soft claim
- The Anti kill instead of U or AA

You have an additional piece of information since U know exactly what U are. DV, if you're bulletproof then I'd say that AA or BBT almost HAVE to be scum because:

- If they attacked you then they know ur not a medic and should have definitely killed the claimed town roleblocker

- If they didnt attack you then that could explain why they went after Anti since they were afraid u could be a medic and protect AA and they didnt want risk a 2nd night w/o a kill. This would point to BBT being the attacker and AA blocked him

IMO, the first is more likely.
lalaladucks
lalaladucks
a study in thread
lalaladucks
a study in thread
a study in thread

Post Post #982 (ISO) » Tue Oct 06, 2015 1:39 am

Post by lalaladucks »

In post 977, BlueBloodedToffee wrote:
In post 953, Bellaphant wrote:Fuck, epse's town. Hiii espe.

I don't get this...are you unhappy Esp is town?

i think she's more just saying like
woah

strong town feels

could be wrong of course so don't listen to me :p

Disagree about easy cases. Lynching lurkers is one of the hardest things to do on this site. Lynching me isn't quite as difficult, but it's still quite a task. I agree though that Lala is using the difficulty of achieving my lynch to make herself look busy.

i just wanna lynch you though!!!!!
aghhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhh
i could not
care
less
about
looking
busy

dude r u srs
srs
my posts are blatantly half fluff
does that seem like a good way to make myself look busy???
it does not to me
seems like a good way to look
suspicious

In post 970, lalaladucks wrote:
well it's mostly just that i think bbt is scum
and all alone is town
if bbt is lynched and somehow turns out to be town then all alone looks pretty bad i think?

Why does All Alone look bad if I flip town? I don't get that at all...

well
firstly
you probably won't flip town so it's a moot point
but
idk, a possibility could be that all alone might be a scumsy wumsy trying to just get you out for some reason and so fakeclaimed a roleblock to incriminate you?? lol writing it out it sounds just ridiculous. so yeah all alone probably wouldn't look extremely very much more suspicious if you flipped town i suppose. but also they've been trying to get you lynched for quite a while? eh nah not really something that would make them look more sus!
BlueBloodedToffee
BlueBloodedToffee
Survivor
BlueBloodedToffee
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #983 (ISO) » Tue Oct 06, 2015 1:51 am

Cool, so we have established your read on me is based on gut. Which isn't uncommon, I think everybody who plays with me for the first time scum reads me, I wish I knew why it happens but I don't and I have just learned to deal with it.

You are very much trying to look busy. The fact you can't explain your read on me yet expect people to blindly follow you is crazy logic.

This kind of thing keeps making me think scum are people who haven't played with me before - scum would have thought they had this DP tied up fairly quickly with it resulting in my lynch and with them not having to do a whole lot. I think people who have played with me a fair bit, like Fro99er and Bella, would know this is not the case and would choose to kill me instead and it's messing my reads up - especially Fro99er.
BlueBloodedToffee
BlueBloodedToffee
Survivor
BlueBloodedToffee
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #984 (ISO) » Tue Oct 06, 2015 1:52 am

I'm glad you backed off of that awful 'Lynch BBT, oh shit he flipped town I totally wasn't expecting that, let's lynch All Alone instead now because he must be scum' thought process because that was pretty terrible.
JarJarDrinks
JarJarDrinks
Mafia Scum
JarJarDrinks
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #985 (ISO) » Tue Oct 06, 2015 2:00 am

Post by JarJarDrinks »

In post 983, BlueBloodedToffee wrote:Cool, so we have established your read on me is based on gut. Which isn't uncommon, I think everybody who plays with me for the first time scum reads me, I wish I knew why it happens but I don't and I have just learned to deal with it.

heh, I'm the opposite. You read very town to me but the other factors I mentioned are what points to u being scum.
BlueBloodedToffee
BlueBloodedToffee
Survivor
BlueBloodedToffee
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #986 (ISO) » Tue Oct 06, 2015 2:08 am

I mentioned that at the time if I remember, I found it strange that you town read me having never played with me.

The lack of night kill and All Alone roleblocking me really means nothing as a number of other things could (and did) happen and the sooner we move past this, the better.
JarJarDrinks
JarJarDrinks
Mafia Scum
JarJarDrinks
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #987 (ISO) » Tue Oct 06, 2015 2:20 am

Post by JarJarDrinks »

In post 986, BlueBloodedToffee wrote:The lack of night kill and All Alone roleblocking me really means nothing as a number of other things could (and did) happen and the sooner we move past this, the better.
Disagree. The fact that AA wasn't killed (and either was DV) means something.

Like aside from the claim, is there any reason to think All Alone is town? He's also a hardcore lurker but we've basically been giving him a free pass cause of the claim.
BlueBloodedToffee
BlueBloodedToffee
Survivor
BlueBloodedToffee
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #988 (ISO) » Tue Oct 06, 2015 3:21 am

The way he claimed was town - I really don't see that coming from scum. He hasn't been terribly active all game so I don't think he is lurking because he is being town read.

I agree that the NK means something though and I have explained what I think it means from my perspective.
DeathRowKitty
DeathRowKitty
she
Frog
DeathRowKitty
she
Frog
Frog
Pronoun: she

Post Post #989 (ISO) » Tue Oct 06, 2015 4:30 am

Post by DeathRowKitty »

er shit i had the thing in the thing and then i unthinged the thing and the....thing....ummmm not important

selling my vote for really cheap

i mistyped that as soul initially but my soul is long gone

selling my vote in exchange for some spare parts of useless junk, inquire within

or don't because inquiring within is against site rules

things are going to get interesting
soon
Fro99er
Fro99er
Survivor
Fro99er
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #990 (ISO) » Tue Oct 06, 2015 5:09 am

Post by Fro99er »

Mod V/LA until Friday

Acknowledged --P
"I officially announce Fro99er the king of guilties because this is the second time he has guiltied a slot I was really unsure about.
Heil King Froggo.
Ribbit ribbit." -Transcend
JarJarDrinks
JarJarDrinks
Mafia Scum
JarJarDrinks
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #991 (ISO) » Tue Oct 06, 2015 9:29 am

Post by JarJarDrinks »

In post 989, DeathRowKitty wrote:things are going to get interesting
soon

So was this supposed to imply that you had more to say?
DeathRowKitty
DeathRowKitty
she
Frog
DeathRowKitty
she
Frog
Frog

Post Post #992 (ISO) » Tue Oct 06, 2015 10:28 am

Post by DeathRowKitty »

That meant so many things that I don't even know what it meant anymore. Who should I be voting?
lalaladucks
lalaladucks
a study in thread
lalaladucks
a study in thread
a study in thread

Post Post #993 (ISO) » Tue Oct 06, 2015 10:46 am

Post by lalaladucks »

bella? bubbletea? any of those sound like fun votes drk?
DeathRowKitty
DeathRowKitty
she
Frog
DeathRowKitty
she
Frog
Frog

Post Post #994 (ISO) » Tue Oct 06, 2015 10:48 am

Post by DeathRowKitty »

okay, which one do i vote first
lalaladucks
lalaladucks
a study in thread
lalaladucks
a study in thread
a study in thread

Post Post #995 (ISO) » Tue Oct 06, 2015 11:09 am

Post by lalaladucks »

well which is more suspicious in your opinion?

could do eenie meenie miney moe either
DeathRowKitty
DeathRowKitty
she
Frog
DeathRowKitty
she
Frog
Frog

Post Post #996 (ISO) » Tue Oct 06, 2015 11:15 am

Post by DeathRowKitty »

well random.org says bella is more suspicious

Vote: Bellaphant

is this vote ok?
JarJarDrinks
JarJarDrinks
Mafia Scum
JarJarDrinks
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #997 (ISO) » Tue Oct 06, 2015 11:20 am

Post by JarJarDrinks »

Well it appears that DRK is asking the town to lynch him/her. So I'll oblige.

VOTE: DeathRowKitty
DeathRowKitty
DeathRowKitty
she
Frog
DeathRowKitty
she
Frog
Frog

Post Post #998 (ISO) » Tue Oct 06, 2015 11:48 am

Post by DeathRowKitty »

I do not recall asking for that. I recall asking you who I should be voting and you not answering. Which is kind of rude.
lalaladucks
lalaladucks
a study in thread
lalaladucks
a study in thread
a study in thread

Post Post #999 (ISO) » Tue Oct 06, 2015 12:00 pm

Post by lalaladucks »

>:

Return to “Completed Mini Normal Games”