Plotinus
Kitten Caboodle
Plotinus
Kitten Caboodle
Kitten Caboodle

Post Post #1050 (ISO) » Wed Oct 07, 2015 6:16 pm

Post by Plotinus »

Official Vote Count 3.07 π and the Mandelbrot Set
The videos with Dr Krieger are some of my favourite numberphile videos. I love complex analysis so much and I love the way she makes it accessible.

In this one, she talks about a way to approximate π with the mandelbrot set.

Extra footage that explains why π:

:!:
BlueBloodedToffee
(L-3): lalaladucks, All Alone, Fro99er
Bellaphant
(L-4): DeasVail, DeathRowKitty
Fro99er
(L-5): BlueBloodedToffee
JarJarDrinks
(L-5): Espeonage
DeathRowKitty
(L-5): JarJarDrinks
DeasVail
(L-6): Fro99er

All Alone
(L-6): Fro99er

Not Voting
(2): MTD,
Fro99er
, Bellaphant

With 10 alive, it takes 6 to lynch.

Deadline: 291st (3*97) day of the year or in (expired on 2015-10-18 14:00:00).

Let me know if there are any problems with the VC, or if you have maths related flavour requests.

Flavour Queue Written: :neutral:
Spoiler: Things I haven’t rambled about yet but i’m gonna
more about the Birch and Swinnerton-Dyer Conjecture, P vs NP, more figurate numbers, Hodge conjecture, Yang-Mills existence and mass gap, Fermat’s Last Theorem, Hilbert Space Filling Curve, Mandelbrot Set, Complex Analysis, Lattice Multiplication, miscellaneous numberphile and vihart videos, practical numbers, hilbert numbers, leyland numbers, fibonacci numbers, jacobsthal numbers, pell numbers, pell-lucas numbers, leonardo numbers, perrin numbers, polite numbers, Erdős–Woods numbers, vampire numbers, Recursion and Mafia, maths jokes that I wrote myself and why they are funny, Abelian groups and semigroups, noncommutative operations, the 68-95-99.7 rule, fro99er’s first theorem

Mod notes: Today is the 281st day of the year. It's prime. Frogger is V/LA until Friday.
Last edited by Plotinus on Thu Oct 08, 2015 9:34 am, edited 1 time in total.
The failure mode of clever is asshole.

Modding checklists | Sequencer is in Game 5 | Space II is in Day 4
BlueBloodedToffee
BlueBloodedToffee
Survivor
BlueBloodedToffee
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #1051 (ISO) » Wed Oct 07, 2015 11:07 pm

Post by BlueBloodedToffee »

Will catch up on this as soon as I can.
Meta this. Meta that. Meta Everything. Meta is not a good scum-hunting tool. PEOPLE CAN MANIPULATE THEIR META. Stop it. Stop. It. Now.
All Alone
All Alone
Goon
All Alone
Goon
Goon

Post Post #1052 (ISO) » Wed Oct 07, 2015 11:35 pm

Post by All Alone »

In post 1015, Fro99er wrote:@All Alone - I should say, why did you
naked vote
Mollie D1 after only having tunneled BBT prior?

I thought , where she acted like anti's L-3 was a hammer, was a fake attempt at a townslip. I didn't explain it since I felt it was obvious in context, with anti's "that wasn't a hammer, not even close" post right above
dear princess celestia, sometimes it can be hard for a shy pony like me to stand up for myself, and when i first tried it, i didn't like the pony i became. but i've learned that standing up for yourself isn't the same as changing who you are. now i know how to put my hoof down without being unpleasant or mean
DeasVail
DeasVail
he/him
Survivor
DeasVail
he/him
Survivor
Survivor
Pronoun: he/him

Post Post #1053 (ISO) » Thu Oct 08, 2015 12:23 am

Post by DeasVail »

In post 1051, BlueBloodedToffee wrote:Will catch up on this as soon as I can.
JarJarDrinks
JarJarDrinks
Mafia Scum
JarJarDrinks
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #1054 (ISO) » Thu Oct 08, 2015 12:37 am

Post by JarJarDrinks »

In post 1052, All Alone wrote:
In post 1015, Fro99er wrote:@All Alone - I should say, why did you
naked vote
Mollie D1 after only having tunneled BBT prior?

I thought , where she acted like anti's L-3 was a hammer, was a fake attempt at a townslip. I didn't explain it since I felt it was obvious in context, with anti's "that wasn't a hammer, not even close" post right above

Got any reads u feel like sharing. Or are u gonna just show up every other day and give 1-line responses to direct questions?
JarJarDrinks
JarJarDrinks
Mafia Scum
JarJarDrinks
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #1055 (ISO) » Thu Oct 08, 2015 12:39 am

Post by JarJarDrinks »

And you never responded to this:

In post 879, JarJarDrinks wrote:
In post 877, All Alone wrote:Wanderer claiming to watch nobody visit BBT while I wasn't on the wagon at L-1 was an
extremely
risky play. I don't think it's likely that she overlooked the possibility of me hammering, and I really don't think it's likely she'd take that risk to defend BBT unless they were partners.

VOTE: BlueBloodedToffee

Walk me through what you're trying to imply here cause it makes no sense to me at all. Wanderer was at L-1. The only person voting for BBT was you. Her claim could only have been her trying to save herself OR it was her throwing us some wifom.

Please explain to me how she was taking a risk to defend BBT?
BlueBloodedToffee
BlueBloodedToffee
Survivor
BlueBloodedToffee
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #1056 (ISO) » Thu Oct 08, 2015 3:27 am

In post 996, DeathRowKitty wrote:well random.org says bella is more suspicious

Vote: Bellaphant

is this vote ok?

LOL? Is this serious? I would lynch DRK in a heartbeat.

In post 1000, MTD wrote:
Just look at fro9's posts around the wanderer lynch. there's no way that's not town.

Well, there is, and I even outlined reasons why it could be in a number of my posts ( for example)

In post 1004, All Alone wrote:
nobody dies: "that roleblock is almost certainly just a coincidence. these two events are extremely unlikely to be related. no information here"

somebody dies: "now THIS roleblock, on the other hand, has gotta be a important clue!!!!!!!! from which we can deduce anything at all!!!!!!"

I mean, Deas outright stated there could have been another possibility so, yeah, you're being silly.

In post 1014, Fro99er wrote:Still on V/LA

All Alone - why did you vote Mollie D1?

Hey, I'm still waiting for you to respond to me.

In post 1017, Bellaphant wrote:
You mentioned you were starting to town read me - I think we should synch up. I'd've shot you by now if I was scum, yeah :) You = hard to lynch, and, like you said, busywork for lala.

I did mention that I was town reading you - I also mentioned that it made me super paranoid because I NEVER town read you. It would be super nice to sync up and all, but you know, I'd like to be sure you're town first.

In post 1023, Fro99er wrote:BBT, at this point I don't even care if you are voting me and I didn't my feel like explaining whatever it was a long time ago.

I'm high on back pain drugs and I don't think you are scum. At this point I think all alone is scum and I need to read the rest of the game o find the other scum. My gut says DV because Wanderer knew DV had an action. But IDK.

Makes no sense for All Alone to not tell us who he roleblocked N2 because if he's town he's dead tonight. He hasn't crumbed it either, which would be the pro-town thing to do if he really wanted to keep it hidden. If he has no roleblock, and he's town, then he's essentially a VT and should be obvtown img himself now, but he's not.

Last time someone wanted to hide their number of ability shots from an early claim, it was Thor in Refraction, and Thor was scum.

Hell no, you're not dodging me like that. I kept reminding you that you had things to respond to and you kept hand-waving/V/LA'ing it away - you don't get to start saying things like 'whatever it was a long time ago'. Hell no man.

Can you explain why you don't think I am scum now? Can you go back and respond to my posts about you? I see no way All Alone is scum - I can think of numerous reasons why All Alone might not want to claim anything at this point in time.

In post 1024, Fro99er wrote:no, I don't want to vote all alone

VOTE: DV

I need to stick with my gut. It was right in wanderer. Its probably right on DV.

I need to check anti's reads.

Why is DV scum again?
Meta this. Meta that. Meta Everything. Meta is not a good scum-hunting tool. PEOPLE CAN MANIPULATE THEIR META. Stop it. Stop. It. Now.
JarJarDrinks
JarJarDrinks
Mafia Scum
JarJarDrinks
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #1057 (ISO) » Thu Oct 08, 2015 3:42 am

Post by JarJarDrinks »

In post 1047, Fro99er wrote:
In post 1045, JarJarDrinks wrote:I'd think he'd have been happy to see votes leave her.

Or it's a good way for him to frame me.

Went back and reread and this does seem possible. He jumps on you but mostly attacks you instead of trying to convince you to put ur vote back.

Also he talks alot about thinking Wanderer is scum. But doesn't vote there until she's @ L-2.

Yeah after a reread, BBT really didnt have as much to do w/ wandy getting lynched as I remember.
BlueBloodedToffee
BlueBloodedToffee
Survivor
BlueBloodedToffee
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #1058 (ISO) » Thu Oct 08, 2015 3:45 am

In post 1038, Fro99er wrote:
That (quoted above) is pretty fucking typical of town frogger. Do you remember refraction mafia, how I voted and unvoted everyone like 80 times?

Have you ever played with scum, me? I don't think so. Scum me pushes through mislynches clinically. Go look at my case on Ducky in BEES. It was flawless (sorry Ducky, I framed you good). Go look at my case on GM in Delicious Mafia.

Meta is great and all, but you know I don't use it. So, nice try. People break their meta all the time and they manipulate it all the time. Self-meta is one of the scummiest things anyone can do to try and prove their alignment.

It's the timing of your votes/unvotes that is scummy.

In post 1040, Fro99er wrote:Like, there is no way BBT can say this is not my town game. That's the thing that makes me the most nervous about BBT is his OMGUS vote on me.
He has no other reason I'm scum
. Unless he thinks I really really wanted my scum buddy dead (starting the wanderer wagon and pushing it through, other than a minor paranoia moment when nobody seemed to be agreeing with me).

@Bold - Are you serious right now? Tell me that you're serious right now. I have made numerous posts both about you, and directly to you, stating why I think you're scum. You hand waved them all away claiming V/LA etc etc and just recently stated you don't care to go back to it because it 'was a long time ago' (despite my insistence every time you posted that I wanted a response).

This is scummy as fuck and all you're trying to do with this post is discredit me without actually having to respond to me/interact with me.

In post 1046, Fro99er wrote:
I was in a game with our moderator and BBT, where scum did this (with dice tags). BBT jumped all over it.

BBT, why didn't you jump all over it this time?

Because I wasn't here?
JarJarDrinks
JarJarDrinks
Mafia Scum
JarJarDrinks
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #1059 (ISO) » Thu Oct 08, 2015 3:52 am

Post by JarJarDrinks »

@BBT, Curious about ur opinion on DV?
BlueBloodedToffee
BlueBloodedToffee
Survivor
BlueBloodedToffee
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #1060 (ISO) » Thu Oct 08, 2015 4:01 am

I think Deas is probably town - my only concerns with him were about the way he was going about what could have happened N1. I think I understand his position a little more and I'm hoping the situation can be cleared up as soon as possible.

I certainly have no intention of lynching him during this DP.
JarJarDrinks
JarJarDrinks
Mafia Scum
JarJarDrinks
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #1061 (ISO) » Thu Oct 08, 2015 4:09 am

Post by JarJarDrinks »

Do u think DV should give us more of an idea of what he thinks happened to the N1 kill?
BlueBloodedToffee
BlueBloodedToffee
Survivor
BlueBloodedToffee
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #1062 (ISO) » Thu Oct 08, 2015 4:22 am

I would have liked him to because it appears that nobody is considering any scenario outside of 'BBT committed kill and got role-blocked therefore is conf scum' which is pretty annoying.

But he doesn't want to. Yet. If he still hasn't cleared it up by like D4, I'd probably just go ahead and lynch him.
JarJarDrinks
JarJarDrinks
Mafia Scum
JarJarDrinks
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #1063 (ISO) » Thu Oct 08, 2015 4:31 am

Post by JarJarDrinks »

In post 1062, BlueBloodedToffee wrote:If he still hasn't cleared it up by like D4, I'd probably just go ahead and lynch him.

Is that what u meant w/ this post?

In post 806, BlueBloodedToffee wrote:
In post 778, Wanderer-nl wrote:
Why would I even want anyone to know IF I was scum and IF BBT is even my buddy? If I was scum I'd stay eons away from this topic, don't be an idiot.
I was asking how sure Deasvail was that his ability ('action' seemed to confuse people) prevented a NK from happening. If Deasvail thinks he was a part of that, he must have some idea about what scum are thinking or have done? I'd like him to share his thoughts and reads.
And All Alone still hasn't told us why they chose BBT.

VOTE: All Alone
The chances of catching the right player with your ability are so low, especially in N1, that I really want to hear your thoughtprocess behind your choice.

So many things with this post. Firstly, I agree with the first section that Deas should explain what he thinks might have happened because role-blocking me and the no kill makes no sense at all. I mean, there are a multitude of things that could have happened which could explain what happened last night...if nobody comes forward now and decides to explain in 1-2 days time, I'm going to lynch you. I want that to be known.

I recently read that and couldn't tell if you were implying U were gonna lynch DV or wand.
BlueBloodedToffee
BlueBloodedToffee
Survivor
BlueBloodedToffee
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #1064 (ISO) » Thu Oct 08, 2015 4:34 am

I was implying I was going to lynch Deas and I was agreeing with what Wanderer posted.
JarJarDrinks
JarJarDrinks
Mafia Scum
JarJarDrinks
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #1065 (ISO) » Thu Oct 08, 2015 4:42 am

Post by JarJarDrinks »

Also I don't get why you'd want DV to explain. Just like I didn't get why wand did.

Aren't you worried that DVs explanation WON'T clear u as the N1 attacker? What if that happens and causes the rest of the town to vote u?

Ur not worried cause there's really no scenario where that could happen. Obviously anything he says will be an alternative to u being the N1 attacker.

What could you possibly hope to learn from what DV could tell us?
JarJarDrinks
JarJarDrinks
Mafia Scum
JarJarDrinks
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #1066 (ISO) » Thu Oct 08, 2015 4:43 am

Post by JarJarDrinks »

Also what reason could wand have had for asking the same question?
BlueBloodedToffee
BlueBloodedToffee
Survivor
BlueBloodedToffee
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #1067 (ISO) » Thu Oct 08, 2015 4:56 am

It could potentially save my ass from being lynched? That is something I am very interested in.

It brings about another possibility for people to consider because, right now, people are suffering from serious tunnel vision. You obviously don't see the game from my perspective because I know I'm town so I KNOW it clears me and I wanted to know what happened to see if it helped with any of my own reads.
JarJarDrinks
JarJarDrinks
Mafia Scum
JarJarDrinks
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #1068 (ISO) » Thu Oct 08, 2015 5:06 am

Post by JarJarDrinks »

In post 1067, BlueBloodedToffee wrote:It could potentially save my ass from being lynched? That is something I am very interested in.

What if he says he's just vanilla and was trying to bait scum. Aren't you worried that happens and the whole town piles on u?
BlueBloodedToffee
BlueBloodedToffee
Survivor
BlueBloodedToffee
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #1069 (ISO) » Thu Oct 08, 2015 5:07 am

That won't happen.

If that does happen, I'll lynch him.
JarJarDrinks
JarJarDrinks
Mafia Scum
JarJarDrinks
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #1070 (ISO) » Thu Oct 08, 2015 5:12 am

Post by JarJarDrinks »

See this goes back to my original thought back when wandy was asking:

In post 772, JarJarDrinks wrote:Like I really want to know what Wanderer wants from DV.

She specifically says: "there's no goddamn need to talk about a precise claim because there's no good reason to let scum know what town PR's are exactly in the game"

So what are u trying to get DV to say exactly?

I feel like she wants the town to know something. Like maybe BBT is her scumbuddy but he WASN'T the attacker.
JarJarDrinks
JarJarDrinks
Mafia Scum
JarJarDrinks
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #1071 (ISO) » Thu Oct 08, 2015 5:14 am

Post by JarJarDrinks »

In post 1062, BlueBloodedToffee wrote:I would have liked him to because it appears that nobody is considering any scenario outside of 'BBT committed kill and got role-blocked therefore is conf scum' which is pretty annoying.

I can't imagine how much more annoying it would be if you were scum but weren't the N1 attacker.
BlueBloodedToffee
BlueBloodedToffee
Survivor
BlueBloodedToffee
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #1072 (ISO) » Thu Oct 08, 2015 5:15 am

I think we can both agree that I have a more vested interest in finding out what happened N1 than Wanderer, you know, given that everything has been set-up to lynch me.

PEdit - Not as annoying as when you're town being set-up.
Fro99er
Fro99er
Survivor
Fro99er
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #1073 (ISO) » Thu Oct 08, 2015 5:34 am

Post by Fro99er »

In post 1058, BlueBloodedToffee wrote:This is scummy as fuck and all

Except it's really not, because I'm town.
"I officially announce Fro99er the king of guilties because this is the second time he has guiltied a slot I was really unsure about.
Heil King Froggo.
Ribbit ribbit." -Transcend
Fro99er
Fro99er
Survivor
Fro99er
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #1074 (ISO) » Thu Oct 08, 2015 5:36 am

Post by Fro99er »

In post 1058, BlueBloodedToffee wrote:Self-meta is one of the scummiest things anyone can do to try and prove their alignment.

Except I do it every town game.

And scum call me out on it every town game.

3 times in one game even. Glad you're calling me out on it too.
"I officially announce Fro99er the king of guilties because this is the second time he has guiltied a slot I was really unsure about.
Heil King Froggo.
Ribbit ribbit." -Transcend

Return to “Completed Mini Normal Games”