Blitz 4: Kingmaker (game over)

This forum was a trial run for quick games with deadlines no more than 96 hours per Day. Please see more here
Titus
Titus
She/her
Moon Walker
Titus
She/her
Moon Walker
Moon Walker
Pronoun: She/her

Post Post #375 (ISO) » Sun Nov 08, 2015 8:43 pm

Post by Titus »

@Wanderer You've seen me play. Why did you think I'd turbo lynch you when I rarely turbo anything? Do you think your own play is lynch worthy?
Show
The scum had the misfortune of Titus being absurdly accurate on day one.Really quite impressed by that.~Drixx

You're letting Titus win the game by herself.Good luck now I guess.You have no chance to win.~Tywin

GTKTitus Part 2
Titus Academy

VLA Friday nights until Sunday morning.

All hail the Scum Empress!
Firebringer
Firebringer
Trail Blazer
Firebringer
Trail Blazer
Trail Blazer

Post Post #376 (ISO) » Sun Nov 08, 2015 8:47 pm

Post by Firebringer »

See titus, this is what I mean.
You would normally tunnel someone if you were town.

You are actually looking TOWN.
That isn't town you!!!
Show
"You are the Joker of mafia players" - Oversoul
"last time I was scum with Firebringer
his first post in the scum PT was "yes I rolled scum!"
I decided to post "haha just don't post that in the main thread", but to get up to date on the main thread first.

His first post in the main thread was "yes I rolled scum!" -popsofctown
Titus
Titus
She/her
Moon Walker
Titus
She/her
Moon Walker
Moon Walker

Post Post #377 (ISO) » Sun Nov 08, 2015 8:49 pm

Post by Titus »

In post 376, Firebringer wrote:See titus, this is what I mean.
You would normally tunnel someone if you were town.

You are actually looking TOWN.
That isn't town you!!!

I'm tunnelling Accountant, just no one is voting her. Also, I only have to do me most games. I actually have to consider my townreads ATM.
Show
The scum had the misfortune of Titus being absurdly accurate on day one.Really quite impressed by that.~Drixx

You're letting Titus win the game by herself.Good luck now I guess.You have no chance to win.~Tywin

GTKTitus Part 2
Titus Academy

Accountant
Accountant
Jack of All Trades
Accountant
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #378 (ISO) » Sun Nov 08, 2015 8:53 pm

Post by Accountant »

In post 365, Spiffeh wrote:Accountant explain why you care who's on my wagon when you still hold to the belief that I'm not town?

because I might be wrong
There's nothing that says that a fake can't beat the real thing.

You must not imagine that for beings like you and us there can be laughter. The low men laugh, and we envy them. But for us, the higher ones, there is no laughter, only an unending vigil, purely serious, stretching on into the night.
Titus
Titus
She/her
Moon Walker
Titus
She/her
Moon Walker
Moon Walker

Post Post #379 (ISO) » Sun Nov 08, 2015 8:55 pm

Post by Titus »

Accountant I asked like five times. Who specifically did you not like on the Spiffeh wagon and why?
Show

GTKTitus Part 2
Titus Academy

Wanderer-nl
Wanderer-nl
Mafia Scum
Wanderer-nl
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum
Location: The country with the many dykes because we are below sealevel (GMT +1)

Post Post #380 (ISO) » Sun Nov 08, 2015 9:12 pm

Post by Wanderer-nl »

In post 375, Titus wrote:@Wanderer You've seen me play. Why did you think I'd turbo lynch you when I rarely turbo anything? Do you think your own play is lynch worthy?

Well, I think it's 3 games we have, all of which you replaced in later. I was mostly joking because in those games we clashed, in the last one to the point where I didn't want to interact with you anymore.

@Accountant: Ofc you might be wrong but why do you think you're wrong? What exactly happened, or whose vote was it, that made you want to vote somewhere else?
Accountant
Accountant
Jack of All Trades
Accountant
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #381 (ISO) » Sun Nov 08, 2015 9:26 pm

Post by Accountant »

In post 379, Titus wrote:
Accountant I asked like five times. Who specifically did you not like on the Spiffeh wagon and why?

I said already, I didn't like tex and sakura

You must not imagine that for beings like you and us there can be laughter. The low men laugh, and we envy them. But for us, the higher ones, there is no laughter, only an unending vigil, purely serious, stretching on into the night.
Firebringer
Firebringer
Trail Blazer
Firebringer
Trail Blazer
Trail Blazer

Post Post #382 (ISO) » Sun Nov 08, 2015 9:26 pm

Post by Firebringer »

I just realized something, Wanderer is more active in this game than last kingmaker, that means SCUM.

Show
"You are the Joker of mafia players" - Oversoul
"last time I was scum with Firebringer
his first post in the scum PT was "yes I rolled scum!"
I decided to post "haha just don't post that in the main thread", but to get up to date on the main thread first.

His first post in the main thread was "yes I rolled scum!" -popsofctown
Soft-spoken
Soft-spoken
Mafia Scum
Soft-spoken
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #383 (ISO) » Sun Nov 08, 2015 9:27 pm

Post by Soft-spoken »

catching up
Wanderer-nl
Wanderer-nl
Mafia Scum
Wanderer-nl
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum
Location: The country with the many dykes because we are below sealevel (GMT +1)

Post Post #384 (ISO) » Sun Nov 08, 2015 9:38 pm

Post by Wanderer-nl »

Firebringer, sometimes I don't know if you're joking or being serious. Nonetheless, you put a smile on my face.
Soft-spoken
Soft-spoken
Mafia Scum
Soft-spoken
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #385 (ISO) » Sun Nov 08, 2015 9:41 pm

Post by Soft-spoken »

In post 303, texcat wrote:A lot of Smithereen's posts seem to be nitpicking for the sake of nitpicking

as i mentioned briefly earlier. i am a fan of the nitpicking strat. its effective as town to start the ball rolling with in depth dialogue, and its effective as scum in an already developed game to entice defensiveness, which seems to be considered scummy in some circles

seeing as how the nitpicking started early in the heap of actual conversations... and that most of the substance in this game kinda snowballed out of that, id say it looks more pro town than anything.

I would certainly like to hear more from Blocky. The attack from Soft-Spoken, in spite of the warnings from King Titus, seemed to give Blocky an excuse to run away and not answer. I can't help but wonder if that was intentional.

blocky didnt need my help to contribute nothing. it has been a staple of his play all game. he actually did express his reasons for voting me. they are easy to find because his iso is small, and they dont have much depth or thought behind them. even if he came back to explain i could hardly imagine any way he could justify his reasons and frame them with scum motive. i tried to force him to engage by being a little aggressive.
Soft-spoken
Soft-spoken
Mafia Scum
Soft-spoken
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #386 (ISO) » Sun Nov 08, 2015 10:04 pm

Post by Soft-spoken »

In post 361, Accountant wrote:I think tex is scum now. He's not even making any effort to suss out people's alignments. I don't see the "I am trying to figure out the game" attitude in any of his posts, even less than Spiffeh.

VOTE: texcat

Probably my final vote of the day given that this is blitz, unless someone claims scum or some shit

i feel the same way.. but theres others that fit this profile, and there is something more to text that i cant put a finger on.

In post 363, Smithereens wrote:Tisk, That's not even remotely convincing Accountant..

to be fair i was rather unconvincing too.
Soft-spoken
Soft-spoken
Mafia Scum
Soft-spoken
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #387 (ISO) » Sun Nov 08, 2015 10:28 pm

Post by Soft-spoken »

did nobody pick up on the fact that spiffehs initially unstated reasons for titus suspicion were contextually obvious because they came right after my interaction with Titus where i confronted him about people pleasing?

also worth noting is that the people pleasing content was right in front of everyones eyes, but spiffeh didn't take offense until i opened that discussion. he posted in between the time titus was talking about a democracy format for her kingship and the time i confronted titus with no mention of it.

so maybe a more relevant question about the suspicion of titus would be something like...

what in that conversation gave you bad vibes about titus?
Soft-spoken
Soft-spoken
Mafia Scum
Soft-spoken
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #388 (ISO) » Sun Nov 08, 2015 10:29 pm

Post by Soft-spoken »

please forgive the occasional misuse of pronouns TY
Smithereens
Smithereens
Mafia Scum
Smithereens
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #389 (ISO) » Sun Nov 08, 2015 10:40 pm

Post by Smithereens »

whenever soft-spoken shows up, everyone goes into hiding i swear.
Soft-spoken
Soft-spoken
Mafia Scum
Soft-spoken
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #390 (ISO) » Sun Nov 08, 2015 11:48 pm

Post by Soft-spoken »

am i that scary? :(

i think im getting a bit rusty playing mafia.
Soft-spoken
Soft-spoken
Mafia Scum
Soft-spoken
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #391 (ISO) » Sun Nov 08, 2015 11:50 pm

Post by Soft-spoken »

smith/accountant/spif have my immunity vote btw

the correct shot is outside of them regardless of alignment. i want our catalysts alive for future days.
Soft-spoken
Soft-spoken
Mafia Scum
Soft-spoken
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #392 (ISO) » Sun Nov 08, 2015 11:53 pm

Post by Soft-spoken »

going to bed.
Accountant
Accountant
Jack of All Trades
Accountant
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #393 (ISO) » Mon Nov 09, 2015 12:02 am

Post by Accountant »

In post 391, Soft-spoken wrote:smith/accountant/spif have my immunity vote btw

the correct shot is outside of them regardless of alignment. i want our catalysts alive for future days.

Good shit. I like immunity votes on myself.

Smithereens
Smithereens
Mafia Scum
Smithereens
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #394 (ISO) » Mon Nov 09, 2015 12:07 am

Post by Smithereens »

Personally, I believe Accountant makes the best target today. There are still questions that have been raised yet to be answered, such as why the wagon on Spiffeh could possibly incentive one to not vote against a scum read.
Smithereens
Smithereens
Mafia Scum
Smithereens
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #395 (ISO) » Mon Nov 09, 2015 12:08 am

Post by Smithereens »

Is anyone near the UTC+10 time zone..? or is that just soft spoken and myself?
Accountant
Accountant
Jack of All Trades
Accountant
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #396 (ISO) » Mon Nov 09, 2015 12:29 am

Post by Accountant »

In post 394, Smithereens wrote:Personally, I believe Accountant makes the best target today. There are still questions that have been raised yet to be answered, such as why the wagon on Spiffeh could possibly incentive one to not vote against a scum read.

I've already explained and I'm irritated that you didn't read carefully; while I think Spiffeh is objectively acting scummy, the fact that tex and sakura were on his wagon makes me suspect that I may have been wrong about that.

Smithereens
Smithereens
Mafia Scum
Smithereens
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #397 (ISO) » Mon Nov 09, 2015 12:49 am

Post by Smithereens »

In post 396, Accountant wrote:
In post 394, Smithereens wrote:Personally, I believe Accountant makes the best target today. There are still questions that have been raised yet to be answered, such as why the wagon on Spiffeh could possibly incentive one to not vote against a scum read.

I've already explained and I'm irritated that you didn't read carefully; while I think Spiffeh is objectively acting scummy, the fact that tex and sakura were on his wagon makes me suspect that I may have been wrong about that.

I read your reply to titus, but your logic is inherently faulty. Contingent logic generally is.

Let's say that your 3 scum reads are Tex, Sakura and Spiff. You can and should only vote for one of these three. If one of your scum reads votes against one of your scum reads, that does not in any way increase the likelihood of them being town, given you don't actually know any of their affiliations, and it's impossible for all of them to be scum. The only thing that should motivate you to lift your vote off a player is if the severity of your scum read decreases. Scum reads voting against your other scum reads are absolutely not something that should have any effect on your reads. I once played a game as scum where I bussed every team mate one after the other until I was the only one left. Scum always vote scum, so if anything, you should suspect Spiff all the more for being voted against.
Accountant
Accountant
Jack of All Trades
Accountant
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #398 (ISO) » Mon Nov 09, 2015 1:00 am

Post by Accountant »

The only thing that should motivate you to lift your vote off a player is if the severity of your scum read decreases.

I wouldn't say my scum read on spiffeh has decreased but my scum read on alternative lynch targets certainly has increased.

Plus, while scum might bus scum, they aren't going to go all in on a popular wagon on other scum d1.

texcat
texcat
Mafia Scum
texcat
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #399 (ISO) » Mon Nov 09, 2015 4:38 am

Post by texcat »

In post 340, Smithereens wrote:
I feel there is scum between them, but Titus leans town on Spif and scum on Accountant. So accountant is probs going to die today tbh. What specifically are your thoughts on Accountant..?
I fell asleep before I saw this. :neutral:

In post 300, Accountant wrote:
Accountant: Have you looked into games of Spiffeh to check if the meta-argument in favour of him was correct? Or at least that you could recognize it? Because I don't get the feeling you're doing anything to improve your read on Spiffeh, it's like you decided he was scum and are just sticking with it now no matter what.

My policy is to reject any meta-arguments, whether correct or incorrect. I consider any meta-tells short of an actual trust tell non alignment indicative.

Right now UNVOTE: because I'm really not comfortable with the other people on the Spiffeh wagon. I don't want to wagon on tex, I'd rather vote blocky or bard.

In the post above, Accountant unvotes. She
says
that she's not comfortable with the other people on the wagon. Does that mean she thinks we are scum? It's not really clear, especially when she says she doesn't want to wagon them.

What bothers me the most about the unvote is the quote from Wanderer that Accountant was responding to, "it's like you decided he was scum and are just sticking with it now no matter what." It certainly looks to me like this is the real reason that Acct is unvoting; she is tired of the pressure and worried about her own appearance.

Accountant sheeped me onto Spiffeh wagon, Sakura's been there for a while. Acct spent a few pages defending and refining her Spiffeh vote and suddenly she unvotes because we are "sort of inactive and lurky"? Not definitely, just "sort of". I don't buy it.

In post 398, Accountant wrote:
The only thing that should motivate you to lift your vote off a player is if the severity of your scum read decreases.

I wouldn't say my scum read on spiffeh has decreased but my scum read on alternative lynch targets certainly has increased.

Plus, while scum might bus scum, they aren't going to go all in on a popular wagon on other scum d1.

Revisionist history here. Perhaps, Acct's scum read on me has increased, but that was not her motive for her unvote, when she specifically said she didn't want to wagon me.

Return to “Blitz Games Trial”