Goon
Greatvalue
Goon
Goon

Post Post #1550 (ISO) » Tue Nov 17, 2015 5:43 pm

Post by Greatvalue »

In post 919, Greatvalue wrote:
In post 914, You are dead to me wrote:
In post 907, Greatvalue wrote:Why is Quailford not scum? I think there's a fairly good chance of it right now, and something like "he wasn't bussing" doesn't really work for me.

He was null to me until I saw that Joey post. Using interactive tells to catch scum works for me and the way he talked about Quail looked a lot like he was trying to justify wagoning Quail at some point in a way that doesn't draw attention to him. I do think it was a fairly weak tell because it was a single post and I don't have Quail as solidly town. I'd put him in the bottom of my townpile.

Why is he scum though? You quoted a post. Talk about this more.

You're talking about this section at the end, right?:

In post 885, Joey Tribbiani wrote:Something to note, I have a townread on Shiba as of page 12, but cannot ascertain the exact reasonings behind it. One thing that is jumping out at me is the way he was townreading all the major wagons- the odds that we had yet to wagon a scum at this point is pretty negligible. The attempt to start a quail wagon also felt good, because I find myself questioning the lack of one. As of 299, I would definitely find myself voting quail.

My readup is done as of post 14, I will likely continue reading coming into tomorrow. I definitely want to investigate the wagons that are evident at the end of the day, however, because I know I am town and kumquat flipped town means there is something very wrong going on here. I haven't gotten to any kumquat posts yet so I don't really know where the wagon is coming from, though.

This is in many cases more of a player-sensitive issue, which definitely doesn't help the read in an alt game, but I also find it odd how he immediately goes from "I would vote Quail" to just saying he's done with catching up for now and not placing any vote. As I said it might just be a player preference but it's only the start of day 2, and I don't think it's unreasonable to think that not voting Quail in spite of his pledge to the case and wagon that Shiba made could be a minor scumpartner tell.

As for talking about Quail a lot, he responds to or mentions Quail only once outside of that quote, while he responds to or mentions me in a negative way 4 times. Take that as you will, but from my perspective it really just looks like he's trying to set me up as a lynch (with pre-existing support in your read on me), while he "balances out" in a sense by not forgetting to include an actual scumpartner in his scumreads. Your token soft bus, as it were.

Bringing up another point from the Joey wall next, but want to post this in case the mod locks first.

In post 924, Greatvalue wrote:
In post 885, Joey Tribbiani wrote:
Fear Thy Name Is Dipsy, posts [post]155[/post] and [post]156[/post] wrote:
Spoiler: Dipsy's 155 and 156
In post 155, Fear Thy Name Is Dipsy wrote:
In post 110, Spider Gwen wrote:In other news, Qualford is town, I think I may know who Dead guy is, which makes him likely town, and Gumby is still scum.

Unvote
Vote Gumby

P-edit: Kill it with fire!

scum

In post 148, Quailford LOL wrote:
In post 145, CellPhone wrote:Which specific circumstances would "allow" you to play obvtown?

"not getting caught" LOL

scum

gumby is town af and these people mistakenly think they can deride him for an easy bad lynch
In post 156, Fear Thy Name Is Dipsy wrote:
In post 101, Spider Gwen wrote:
In post 72, Natural Aristocracy wrote:
Thoughts on Dimitri?

Scum. And his posts are artificial. Which means he's scum.

calling 'artificial' a scum tell in a game full of secret alts, lol ok whatever you say

trying to rely on old rules = scum doesn't know how to approach this game

I can understand quailford
, but what is bothering you about gwen? I also don't have any qualms with referring to posts as artificial, as there is such a thing as being too over the top in the attempt to mask one's identity where it can become attempting to mask one's alignment. For instance, I find myself refraining from using phrases I have so often fallen back on, in favor of a more verbose and meticulous vocabulary. While yes,, it will probably sound remotely artificial, it is not to the point where Dimitri is.

This is the only other reference to Quailford besides the previously quoted mention at the end of his wall. That on its own isn't scummy (unless you compare it to his other "understandable" scumreads like me), but I really doubt that that subquoted post by Quail was enough for him to even agree there, when there's nothing else he or anything he's quoted has said to back a Quail scumread. And scum don't just scumread town without at least showing or hinting at a justifiable reason, they do that to a scumpartner because they know who's scum and know there'll always be at least something there they can use to justify themselves if needed so that their reads don't look fake (random townreads are always easier for scum to make than random scumreads that they then might have to commit a vote to, in part also due to there being more town than scum). In short, I believe Joey as scum threw out a spur of the moment read on Quailford to pad his reads, and that how it's a scumread rather than a townread is a decent indicator that Quail is a scumpartner-scumread that he can use his knowledge to be assured is justifiable, rather than a random townie-scumread he hasn't bothered to bring up before.

And then there was this with Joey.
Greatvalue
Greatvalue
Goon
Greatvalue
Goon
Goon

Post Post #1551 (ISO) » Tue Nov 17, 2015 5:44 pm

Post by Greatvalue »

Order of lynching: Quail, NA, then Gwen if neither are scum.

If it makes you feel any better you can replace Gwen with me but that's not happening.
Quailford LOL
Quailford LOL
Goon
Quailford LOL
Goon
Goon

Post Post #1552 (ISO) » Tue Nov 17, 2015 5:46 pm

Post by Quailford LOL »

In post 1547, Shady wrote:quail actually doesn't look great on a reread

Not for the scum I don't look great, my only mistake was going after Dimitri first and Cellphone second. I was pushing really hard to lynch Dipsy's replacement when some players were backing off.

Tell me how I don't look great.
Quailford LOL
Quailford LOL
Goon
Quailford LOL
Goon
Goon

Post Post #1553 (ISO) » Tue Nov 17, 2015 5:50 pm

Post by Quailford LOL »

Rhetorically speaking, how much harder is a player supposed to push for consecutive scum lynches??? You clowns.
Shady
Shady
Goon
Shady
Goon
Goon

Post Post #1554 (ISO) » Tue Nov 17, 2015 5:51 pm

Post by Shady »

In post 1549, Greatvalue wrote:I've been noting how Dipsy went all out attack mode on Gwen for instantly voting Gumby's miller claim while ignoring Quailford other than "I could do Quailford", voting because Shiba told him to, and not really commenting on it otherwise.

that's actually not true at all he pushed him for quite a bit?

but the way quailford pushed cell only to defect to kunquat at the last minute, then defend dipsy yesterday is super awkward (it's the same kind of thing i was on gumby about)

thing being i still wouldn't be comfortable voting him without some role clarification? this sucks
Greatvalue
Greatvalue
Goon
Greatvalue
Goon
Goon

Post Post #1555 (ISO) » Tue Nov 17, 2015 5:51 pm

Post by Greatvalue »

In post 1520, Quailford LOL wrote:
In post 1481, The Phantom of the Opera wrote:@Shady: The strongest thing outside of the miller claim on Gumby is this post after Joey's slip:

In post 888, Gumby wrote:Ouch :/ looks like you composed that in your Scum PT before posting.

It's a scumslip. It happens.

VOTE: Joey Tribbiani

PEdit ninja'd

LOL, the last scum is going the trolling route.

VOTE: Phantom

In post 1521, Quailford LOL wrote:
In post 1501, Greatvalue wrote:I was about to say the second is better for NA having some very slight townlike responses to pressure, but I actually just remembered who I determined NA is, and that the minor town hints I saw in under-pressure posting don't apply there.

VOTE: NA

Never mind... I am going to sheep that instead. I can take a hint...

VOTE: NA

So what is your consecutive scum lynch?
Quailford LOL
Quailford LOL
Goon
Quailford LOL
Goon
Goon

Post Post #1556 (ISO) » Tue Nov 17, 2015 5:52 pm

Post by Quailford LOL »

In post 1555, Greatvalue wrote:So what is your consecutive scum lynch?

Cellphone & Dipsy's replacement.
Shady
Shady
Goon
Shady
Goon
Goon

Post Post #1557 (ISO) » Tue Nov 17, 2015 5:52 pm

Post by Shady »

In post 1552, Quailford LOL wrote:

Not for the scum I don't look great, my only mistake was going after Dimitri first and Cellphone second. I was pushing really hard to lynch Dipsy's replacement when some players were backing off.

your reasoning wasn't good
Quailford LOL
Quailford LOL
Goon
Quailford LOL
Goon
Goon

Post Post #1558 (ISO) » Tue Nov 17, 2015 5:53 pm

Post by Quailford LOL »

I am intrigued that no one is considering that the not-vanilla "Miller" could be a scum PR.

The site meta these these, players treat millers like Innocent Child. That's totally exploitable.
Quailford LOL
Quailford LOL
Goon
Quailford LOL
Goon
Goon

Post Post #1559 (ISO) » Tue Nov 17, 2015 5:56 pm

Post by Quailford LOL »

In post 1557, Shady wrote:your reasoning wasn't good

Right... my reasoning was not "good" and yet I pushed for the Dipsy replacement for faking reading the game. You think that's poor reasoning? No, that's A+ reasoning.

Now I have to try to figure out if you're scum or crap town.
Quailford LOL
Quailford LOL
Goon
Quailford LOL
Goon
Goon

Post Post #1560 (ISO) » Tue Nov 17, 2015 5:56 pm

Post by Quailford LOL »

In post 1558, Quailford LOL wrote:I am intrigued that no one is considering that the not-vanilla "Miller" could be a scum PR.

The site meta these these, players treat millers like Innocent Child. That's totally exploitable.

EBWOP

I am intrigued that no one is considering that the not-vanilla "Miller" could be a scum PR.

The site meta these days, players treat millers like Innocent Child. That's totally exploitable.
Shady
Shady
Goon
Shady
Goon
Goon

Post Post #1561 (ISO) » Tue Nov 17, 2015 5:59 pm

Post by Shady »

In post 1550, Greatvalue wrote:And then there was this with Joey.

second joey quote there is interesting because of the interaction with dipsy, would make me lean toward gwen being town from that, if he's going to fake discussion on a player i think he does it on a town player
Shady
Shady
Goon
Shady
Goon
Goon

Post Post #1562 (ISO) » Tue Nov 17, 2015 5:59 pm

Post by Shady »

In post 1559, Quailford LOL wrote:
In post 1557, Shady wrote:your reasoning wasn't good

Right... my reasoning was not "good" and yet I pushed for the Dipsy replacement for faking reading the game. You think that's poor reasoning? No, that's A+ reasoning.

Now I have to try to figure out if you're scum or crap town.

shut up bitch
Shady
Shady
Goon
Shady
Goon
Goon

Post Post #1563 (ISO) » Tue Nov 17, 2015 6:03 pm

Post by Shady »

In post 90, Quailford LOL wrote:
In post 64, Dimitri Davidoff wrote:With that said, I probably need an avatar.

Hey scum, are all your posts going to be distracting useless fluff?

In post 463, Quailford LOL wrote:I just realized how easily I can be influenced by ALLCAPS. It's uncanny.

VOTE: Dimitri

In post 732, Quailford LOL wrote:Both Dipsy & Dimitri have entered LURK MODE.

In post 733, Quailford LOL wrote:Disappearing when you are being wagoned as scum is a great way to make your wagon melt away. Whether we ding Dimitri or CellPhone, we're hitting scum. It's a good day.

In post 742, Quailford LOL wrote:
In post 687, xXSexyKumquatXx wrote:I am too sexy for my skin, too sexy for my skin

And this is the ONE post from Dimitri's replacement? LOL

Oh alright

VOTE: Kumquat

bad
Titus
Titus
She/her
Moon Walker
Titus
She/her
Moon Walker
Moon Walker
Pronoun: She/her

Post Post #1564 (ISO) » Tue Nov 17, 2015 6:06 pm

Post by Titus »

Massive flu hit. Vla a day or two. If I miss anything, post link. Didn't read. Tia.
Show
The scum had the misfortune of Titus being absurdly accurate on day one.Really quite impressed by that.~Drixx

You're letting Titus win the game by herself.Good luck now I guess.You have no chance to win.~Tywin

GTKTitus Part 2
Titus Academy

VLA Friday nights until Sunday morning.

All hail the Scum Empress!
Shady
Shady
Goon
Shady
Goon
Goon

Post Post #1565 (ISO) » Tue Nov 17, 2015 6:07 pm

Post by Shady »

In post 996, Quailford LOL wrote:Actually, my town read of Dipsy went up, not down. CellPhone was so bad that no scum would risk defending such a doomed player slot. It was always clear to me that both Kumquat and Cell had to die, and if one was lynched one day, the other one was a shoe in for the next day. I am sure that scum realized that, and defending CellPhone day 1 would mean they'd be busted day 2. On the other hand, if Kumquat had flipped scum, they would be heroes. So, defending CellPhone over Kumquat is, paradoxical as it may seem on the surface, a town tell.

I have to confess that Opera hasn't attracted my attention at all.

In post 1169, Quailford LOL wrote:
In post 1162, The Phantom of the Opera wrote:
Would you save Cellphone as scum Day 2?

See, that's why I think Dipsy is town even though the rest of his posting makes my head spin.

In post 1269, Quailford LOL wrote:Still happy with my Opera vote, I am willing to give the Dipsy replacement a chance.

In post 1522, Quailford LOL wrote:
In post 1507, Natural Aristocracy wrote:Like, honestly, really, we have no one claiming/no way to account for the single kill on the night that they supposedly killed Shiba.

Duh, if we have a doctor, they're going to keep their mouth shut.

With Cellphone & Dipsy being lurksacks, there is a remote possibility they didn't send the NK in time, but that's a long shot.

Then there is the even more remote possibility that I embarrassed myself using my 1-shot vig on the scum's NK target, but, that's just too humiliating to consider.

Which means we probably have a doctor, which is great since all the investigating PRs are itching to out themselves today.

In post 1398, Quailford LOL wrote:
In post 1394, Zarko Zukirovich wrote:Finished day2.

Determined You are dead to me and soothsayer are highly likely town.

Saw night 2 results. :-(

You are completely useless.

Did you get a scum PM and you don't feel like reading the game?

In post 1399, Quailford LOL wrote:I think it's the first time I see so many posts to telegraph that a player is working tirelessly not to read the game at all.

In post 1400, Quailford LOL wrote:Let's do this.

VOTE: Zarko Zukirovich

In post 1403, Quailford LOL wrote:Your post is very nice and all that but it's conspicuously missing a Zarko vote.

In post 1405, Quailford LOL wrote:I would prefer to hear your opinion on Zarko's game entry.

In post 1407, Quailford LOL wrote:
In post 1406, The Phantom of the Opera wrote:don't think Zarko sounds artificial. I think that they are scum.

So why aren't you voting the scum?

In post 1434, Quailford LOL wrote:
In post 1433, Spider Gwen wrote:You know what we do need? More Phantom votes.

I'd be willing to swing it, they are both scum.

In post 1552, Quailford LOL wrote:

you're really trying to oversell the strength of your push here
Shady
Shady
Goon
Shady
Goon
Goon

Post Post #1566 (ISO) » Tue Nov 17, 2015 6:08 pm

Post by Shady »

In post 1564, Titus wrote:
Didn't read.

you could just say that for the whole thread, really
Shady
Shady
Goon
Shady
Goon
Goon

Post Post #1567 (ISO) » Tue Nov 17, 2015 6:21 pm

Post by Shady »

i mean i guess in theory, it's fair that someone critical of cell for lurking would also be suspicious of dimitri/kumquat for similar behaviors

but given quailford went after cell HARD, and yet his vote came at a pivotal moment to swing the wagon toward kumquat, away from cell, it seems rotten
Shady
Shady
Goon
Shady
Goon
Goon

Post Post #1568 (ISO) » Tue Nov 17, 2015 7:47 pm

Post by Shady »

it owns how quailford can be like "im town i pushed hard for consecutive scum lynches!!!" when, like

anyone can go back and read the posts, buddy. they're right there.
Greatvalue
Greatvalue
Goon
Greatvalue
Goon
Goon

Post Post #1569 (ISO) » Tue Nov 17, 2015 8:46 pm

Post by Greatvalue »

Actually, I haven't cleared Shady. Forgot about that since he's been one of my strongest townreads all game, in line with sooth's and my trains of thought.
Greatvalue
Greatvalue
Goon
Greatvalue
Goon
Goon

Post Post #1570 (ISO) » Tue Nov 17, 2015 9:03 pm

Post by Greatvalue »

Oh, now I remember why I didn't say that originally. I was tired of Titus focusing in on only Shady. Drat, too early.
Quilford
Quilford
Jack of All Trades
Quilford
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #1571 (ISO) » Wed Nov 18, 2015 1:35 am

Post by Quilford »

• Votecount 4.3

Greatvalue (1)— Spider Gwen
    The Phantom of the Opera (1)— Gumby
    Quailford LOL (1)— Greatvalue
    Natural Aristocracy (1)— Quailford LOL
    Shady (1)— Titus
    Titus (1)— The Phantom of the Opera

Not Voting
    (3)— Natural Aristocracy, Megafan1998, Shady

It takes 5 to lynch or no lynch.

Deadline

Deadline hits in (expired on 2015-11-26 08:48:45).
Quailford LOL
Quailford LOL
Goon
Quailford LOL
Goon
Goon

Post Post #1572 (ISO) » Wed Nov 18, 2015 4:46 am

Post by Quailford LOL »

In post 1565, Shady wrote:you're really trying to oversell the strength of your push here

LOL are you on crack? Your quotes prove my point.
Shady
Shady
Goon
Shady
Goon
Goon

Post Post #1573 (ISO) » Wed Nov 18, 2015 6:56 pm

Post by Shady »

lmao
Megafan1998
Megafan1998
Townie