Brunneis
Brunneis
Goon
Brunneis
Goon
Goon

Post Post #1125 (ISO) » Fri Nov 20, 2015 1:37 am

Post by Brunneis »

Pers, where the hell did that vote come from?

1)
Why aren't you considering Max's slot to be scum - yet you do a quick ISO on duppin and vote him out of nowhere?

2)
I mean, I know duppin's D1-D2 game as town would be.... not the worst this game, but not the best (but I can't talk), but what is with the distance on Max?

3)
You're trying to jump on a duppin wagon - when it's BRUNNEIS DAY - when we're trying to figure out shit, but yet you're trying to rally up town to help you with a wagon?

4)
If you wanted this as town, I could see but what is this?:

But I doubt it. You called it earlier:

1013 - "duppin can win if he's scum solely for being like the one person in this game who's actually attempting to refine their reads and work with people

i no longer care enough to read any more into it than that"

:igmeou: You haven't even fully answered my questions about the 1v1 of Duppin and I, and that makes me wonder if you were just keeping duppin as an option to lynch, your townposts don't exactly sound as genuine as I first thought.

>>>>>>>

Ika, were you RBed N1? Did you do anything on N1?

~Taly
Persivul
Persivul
Survivor
Persivul
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #1126 (ISO) » Fri Nov 20, 2015 2:18 am

Post by Persivul »

In post 1124, duppin wrote:Um, Persivul? Do you realise what you just said? You basically said that me and Maxwell played the same way day 1, yet you only scumread me for it and not Maxwell.

Why do you try to misrepresent my position?

I don't scumread either one of you for it.

I scumread you for other reasons previously given.

The very clear point I was making is that ika's supposed position on D1 play was ad hoc. He said:

"regardless of playstyle, town *do not* play an entire game day around nothing but consensus reads without any effort to engage other scum reads whatsoever. they just don't."

He even emphasized the "do not." You did the same thing. Therefore, you are not town.

If ika weren't conftown, I'd take that as scummy. Since he is, I take it as sloppy. Hell, in that one post he admitted that you could be scum leading us to a loss, but that he was putting that out of his mind. That's fucked up.
Persivul
Persivul
Survivor
Persivul
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #1127 (ISO) » Fri Nov 20, 2015 2:31 am

Post by Persivul »

In post 1125, Brunneis wrote:Pers, where the hell did that vote come from?

1) Why aren't you considering Max's slot to be scum - yet you do a quick ISO on duppin and vote him out of nowhere?

WTF...is no one reading the fucking thread?

- I scum read duppin
- I pressure duppin and vote duppin
- More pressure on duppin
- I negatively note duppin's use of self meta
- I ask Ranger to explain why she town reads duppin
- I argue against her explanation
- I move my vote as a duppin wagon wasn't viable, but state that I still like a duppin wagon better.

But I just did a quick ISO of him and voted him out of nowhere... :facepalm: This is some of the worst mafia I've ever seen.

In conclusion...fuck you all. I was right before when I said that no one's really reading this game, they're just waiting for someone to post so they can pick it apart. I should have stuck to that.
Persivul
Persivul
Survivor
Persivul
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #1128 (ISO) » Fri Nov 20, 2015 2:51 am

Post by Persivul »

Taly, here's a fucking clue for you. Before you say PlayerX is voting PlayerY "out of nowhere":

1. Click on ISO at the top of PlayerX's post
2. Hit Ctrl+f (in Chrome, or whatever it is in the browser you're using)
3. Type PlayerY in the search box and hit Enter
4. READ THE FUCKING POSTS WHERE PLAYERX MENTIONS PLAYERY AND SEE IF YOU'RE PULLING THE "OUT OF NOWHERE" CHARGE OUT OF YOUR ASS BEFORE YOU MAKE IT
Persivul
Persivul
Survivor
Persivul
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #1129 (ISO) » Fri Nov 20, 2015 2:56 am

Post by Persivul »

I've had it with this game. I'll make the minimum posts so you don't have to wait for another replacement. At end of phase if you need a fifth vote I'll go with whatever the majority is.

UNVOTE:
Ika Musume
Ika Musume
Goon
Ika Musume
Goon
Goon

Post Post #1130 (ISO) » Fri Nov 20, 2015 4:59 am

Post by Ika Musume »

In post 1101, Ika Musume wrote:
In post 1099, Persivul wrote:I don't like the way duppin discredits scum reads on himself by just repeating that he knows he's town. That doesn't seem to bother you. Go figure. To each his own I suppose.

it does, actually, i just think he could be town for reasons elsewhere.

In post 1101, Ika Musume wrote:it does, actually, i just think he could be town for reasons elsewhere.

In post 1101, Ika Musume wrote:it does, actually, i just think he could be town for reasons elsewhere.

In post 1101, Ika Musume wrote:it does, actually, i just think he could
be town for reasons elsewhere.

you lose

next time, read my posts before trying to discredit them as "sloppy"
Ika Musume
Ika Musume
Goon
Ika Musume
Goon
Goon

Post Post #1131 (ISO) » Fri Nov 20, 2015 5:01 am

Post by Ika Musume »

ops, I quoted the wrong thing.

I'm 100% sure I said I found duppin's D1 play scummy, though.
Ika Musume
Ika Musume
Goon
Ika Musume
Goon
Goon

Post Post #1132 (ISO) » Fri Nov 20, 2015 5:06 am

Post by Ika Musume »

like, seriously, read the kind of shit I was saying about duppin D2

In post 718, Ika Musume wrote:duppin, I want your reads on everyone in the game. doesn't matter if you have strong reads or not, just give reads on _everyone_.

you've hardly taken any stances at all this game, and you being inactive has nothing to do with that

In post 725, Ika Musume wrote:
vote: duppin

In post 760, Ika Musume wrote:
In post 748, duppin wrote:This was the train on Brunneis 12 hours before the deadline day 1.

Brunneis - GrayFoxxxx,
The Fire Hermit
Trivium
goodmorning

That is 3 confirmed town.

if anything, this is more an indicator of grayfoxx being scum than Brunneis being scum, but even then, I wouldn't put any stock in it.

it is scummy as fuck that you're conveniently ignoring the grayfoxx-scum explanation and twisting it as a reason to push the main wagon.

my town read on him comes from his D3 play, which was ENTIRELY UNRELATED TO HIS PLAY D1/D2. I AM TOWN READING HIM BECAUSE, DESPITE, PLAYING SCUMMY EARLY IN THE GAME, HIS POSTS ELSEWHERE HAVE LOOKED KINDA TOWN. MAXWELL'S HAVE NOT

so tl;dr you're full of shit
Ika Musume
Ika Musume
Goon
Ika Musume
Goon
Goon

Post Post #1133 (ISO) » Fri Nov 20, 2015 5:08 am

Post by Ika Musume »

quote one fucking post maxwell has made that looks even somewhat town and then we'll have this conversation

what you did is an actual deflection
Brunneis
Brunneis
Goon
Brunneis
Goon
Goon

Post Post #1134 (ISO) » Fri Nov 20, 2015 12:11 pm

Post by Brunneis »

So we're looking at Persivul and Troy as Scum?

(Klingoncelt)
Ika Musume
Ika Musume
Goon
Ika Musume
Goon
Goon

Post Post #1135 (ISO) » Fri Nov 20, 2015 12:50 pm

Post by Ika Musume »

ya I look at that Persi post and I still have the same opinion of it as I did when I first saw it.

he literally cherry picked ONE point out of like 4 or 5 points I had for maxwell being scum, and is trying to push that my entire argument for maxwell-scum is invalid because I didn't apply that same, specific, point to duppin - while 1. ignoring all my other reasons for maxwell being scum, 2. not bothering to explain why he otherwise thought maxwell was town, 3. ignoring the fact what he was saying was actually just false, as I had said I found duppin's early play scummy, and continued to push him all the way until the start of this game day.

it's horrendous reasoning, and I'll give him one chance to correct it when he arrives, since it could just be that - horrendous reasoning. there are many, many other factors that play into my reads on the two of them than that one, isolated, point.
Ika Musume
Ika Musume
Goon
Ika Musume
Goon
Goon

Post Post #1136 (ISO) » Fri Nov 20, 2015 2:09 pm

Post by Ika Musume »

in other news, at the very least, this causes me to empathize p strongly with Ranger's POV in her one post directed towards Persi D2 that I initially thought looked like scum deliberately overreacting.

this kind of argumentation is seriously annoying.
Ranger
Ranger
She/Her
{Top Tier}
Ranger
She/Her
{Top Tier}
{Top Tier}
Pronoun: She/Her

Post Post #1137 (ISO) » Fri Nov 20, 2015 2:24 pm

Post by Ranger »

Right, so my internet's finally, FINALLY back, but I hope you understand that I have a live outside of mafia that is
also
affected by no power for four days, so it'll be a while before I get back into the swing of things. I'll do what I can here and there, getting caught up as I can, but it'll take me a good two or three days before I've fully recovered; consider that the full length of my V/LA. (So, through the weekend, basically.)
AKA, rBree2. Casual tryhard. I've Quite the RANGE. #pluralgang
"Interestingly though, town winrate in Blitzes has been really high."
- RadiantCowbells |
"Ranger's been town in most of them."
- Plotinus
"Ranger fake claiming? I'm shocked"
- usesPython
Game History
Brunneis
Brunneis
Goon
Brunneis
Goon
Goon

Post Post #1138 (ISO) » Fri Nov 20, 2015 2:25 pm

Post by Brunneis »

In post 1127, Persivul wrote:
In post 1125, Brunneis wrote:Pers, where the hell did that vote come from?

1) Why aren't you considering Max's slot to be scum - yet you do a quick ISO on duppin and vote him out of nowhere?

WTF...is no one reading the fucking thread?

- I scum read duppin
- I pressure duppin and vote duppin
- More pressure on duppin
- I negatively note duppin's use of self meta
- I ask Ranger to explain why she town reads duppin
- I argue against her explanation
- I move my vote as a duppin wagon wasn't viable, but state that I still like a duppin wagon better.

But I just did a quick ISO of him and voted him out of nowhere... :facepalm: This is some of the worst mafia I've ever seen.

In conclusion...fuck you all. I was right before when I said that no one's really reading this game, they're just waiting for someone to post so they can pick it apart. I should have stuck to that.

1)
This is what I mean by "out of nowhere"

You had a conversation with Ika about Max; Ika pointed out that Max's play seemed like a scumplay.

You then applied all that to duppin logic to duppin:

In conclusion, duppin is scum by your own standards. He played an entire game day around nothing but consensus reads without any effort to engage other scum reads whatsoever.

Someone might argue to you that some players have different playstyles from you and might do that as town, but you've already declared: they just don't.

And not even SPEAK to Ika about her assessment of Max's play, and why she thinks he is scum.

2)
Furthermore, you shoot up a wagon on duppin with:
A)
No engagement with duppin prior
B)
You say you're sure Ika will join you but then say you doubted it - this looks contrived.
C)
You didn't even QUESTION Ika on why she thought Max was scum versus Duppin.

Just because you scumread and suspect Duppin doesn't validate you wagoning him by applying another persons thought process onto them, and then just ISOing them which in turn - ignoring the other persons argument against someone else and then prodding them to sheep you.

In post 1128, Persivul wrote:
Taly, here's a fucking clue for you. Before you say PlayerX is voting PlayerY "out of nowhere":

1. Click on ISO at the top of PlayerX's post
2. Hit Ctrl+f (in Chrome, or whatever it is in the browser you're using)
3. Type PlayerY in the search box and hit Enter
4. READ THE FUCKING POSTS WHERE PLAYERX MENTIONS PLAYERY AND SEE IF YOU'RE PULLING THE "OUT OF NOWHERE" CHARGE OUT OF YOUR ASS BEFORE YOU MAKE IT

This is hurtful, if not unnecessary.

So you're going to ignore all THREE OTHER POINTS I MADE on you, and your vote on duppin - just to berate me for "not reading your posts" and focus your aggression on MY thought to you - that your vote didn't look like it was produced naturally; and then you attack me instead of trying to UNDERSTAND ME?

In post 1129, Persivul wrote:I've had it with this game. I'll make the minimum posts so you don't have to wait for another replacement. At end of phase if you need a fifth vote I'll go with whatever the majority is.

UNVOTE:

I can't see this frustration coming from town at this point.

Pers, I honestly don't understand your frustration with this game. You ignored a lot of points and questions people have thrown at you, and when it seems like nobody is supporting you on a push or thought you have - you blow up and quit continuing with either - your conviction, you actually trying to have a conversation with someone, or both.

I'm seriously trying to speak to you and sort some things out but I don't feel the same motivation coming from you in reciprocation; and even if this was mylo - and even town gets pissy every now and then, that's not excusing you for taking this approach.

>>>>>

On another note, is anyone else wanting a post from Troy right about now? :igmeou: I just saw Ranger going VLA... sigh.

~Taly
Ranger
Ranger
She/Her
{Top Tier}
Ranger
She/Her
{Top Tier}
{Top Tier}

Post Post #1139 (ISO) » Fri Nov 20, 2015 2:53 pm

Post by Ranger »

Brunneis wrote:We have 5 town. So 2 town in a 5 person lynchpool.
I'm town, pretty sure duppin is town, and I'm progressively more sure that you're town too.

So that's 3/6.

Leaving: {Persivul, Errantparabola, MaxwellPuckett}.

Coincidentally, my lynch pool has looked something like that since yesterday! The only addition is that MaxwellPuckett is there, originally by POE. (Errant and Persivul were always scum.) Now I have reason beyond POE to think they're scum, but that was a later addition to why Maxwell was there.

Errantparabola wrote:Do you seriously think a scum player, when the pressure loosens on them and they question why, is going to be afraid of people suddenly going "You know what, you're right. Back to pressuring you!"
Would they be afraid of it, no. Would it happen, probably, yes. It's also basic psychology 101. A town player when buddied questions the alignment of the person buddying them. A scum player when buddied sucks up and takes the buddying. (If I'm right about duppin being town, he reinforces this, too: I have, very clearly, buddied him, and yet he has consistently held me as null/scumish by virtue of thinking you're the town in Errant/Ranger.) Town players, uninformed, question the motive. Scum players, informed, manipulate the existing motive.

Simple.

Brunneis wrote:Why did they not look like Scum?
They felt like natural RVS posting to me.

What made you say "everyone would assume it wasn't serious"?
If I said I had a serious scumread on a player who
hadn't posted
in the game yet
on page one
, would you take me seriously?

...Yeah, my point exactly.
- RadiantCowbells |
- Plotinus
- usesPython
Game History
Ranger
Ranger
She/Her
{Top Tier}
Ranger
She/Her
{Top Tier}
{Top Tier}

Post Post #1140 (ISO) » Fri Nov 20, 2015 3:08 pm

Post by Ranger »

Brunneis wrote:What do you mean by my points "didn't hold water"?
Exactly that: you made a giant wall of nothing. Ika said as much, remember? I'm restating that same fact. The wall you did basically was a whole bunch of nothing. Does that mean it was worthless, no--it was reason to increase my growing townread on you because while fundamentally
wrong
, the case looked incredibly town-motivated. But was it at all, in any way shape or form a point against duppin, also no.

I keep looking at these posts and I'm not exactly sure how you're not mentioning Errant in a negative light?
...Because that's every post where I
do
mention Errant in negative light. It is also, by no coincidence, the majority of my iso. Thus, my comment on why it may have been shorter to show the posts where I don't mention Errant in negative light.

why you didn't answer Klingon(the other head) on whether you STILL suspect Errant or not.
A gigantic (okay, maybe it's only one-line when viewed, but typed, that was a solid two-paragraphs' worth of text, mostly coding) post filled to the brim of links where I'm explicitly calling Errant suspicious wasn't a tip-off?

Persivul wrote:some people have been interpreting anything I do as scummy, or just ignoring it.
I realize this statement may be Persivul speaking on a playstyle-perspective, but if so, it is an INCREDIBLY pro-scum playstyle. If your reaction to everything you say being interpreted as being scummy or ignored is to lurk and do nothing, you are playing like scum who wish to avoid the spotlight. A town player shouldn't care about being scummy or be apathetic about being ignored; they should
use these
: take the spotlight to showcase reads/reasons, and show frustration at not being listened to.

I'd call this a scum response if not for the fact that I can see Persivul holding this stance as town. But it's a pro-scum stance regardless of his alignment.
- RadiantCowbells |
- Plotinus
- usesPython
Game History
Ranger
Ranger
She/Her
{Top Tier}
Ranger
She/Her
{Top Tier}
{Top Tier}

Post Post #1141 (ISO) » Fri Nov 20, 2015 3:28 pm

Post by Ranger »

Errantparabola wrote:When Persivul comes in the game, Ranger jumps on the alternate lynch proposal made by Max on Pers. I find it interesting that Ranger, being so adamant for a Brunneis lynch, jumps on this wagon and puts Persivul at her top scumread.
Not an accurate representation of chronology.

I don't remember what the actual chronology
was
, so I'd have to go back and check (don't have the time for that at the moment), but I know that whatever it was,
this
wasn't it.

"I want to apply enough pressure so that the bussing is genuine, but not enough pressure so that Brunneis gets lynched."
This
is
my preferred scum strategy. It's not an iron-fast rule, but I will call my scumbuddy/ies scum without actually voting them.

Problem, though: other than Brunneis, who fits the pattern for this? I'd do it for both scum, not just the one. I've voted Brunneis, Persivul, AND MaxwellPuckett, with intent to lynch them each time.

Two. "I want to apply pressure to Brunneis when other people are pressuring Brunneis so that I don't stand out if Brunneis flips."
This is amateur-level scum play. Smart-level scum play would be, when seeing the pressure on Brunneis, to DEFEND them, so that when they flip town, I get town credit for my efforts.

Persivul wrote:Obvious fake townslip is obvious.
By the way...if you
want
players who are, in Errant's words, "I want to apply enough pressure so that the bussing is genuine, but not enough pressure so that my partner(s) get(s) lynched.", take a look at Errant's interactions with Persivul, Persivul's interactions with Errant, both of their interactions with MaxwellPuckett, and MaxwellPuckett's interactions with both of them.

All three of them fit this exact profile. You can check for yourself (triple-iso all three), or wait for me to give you the links later. But it's there.
- RadiantCowbells |
- Plotinus
- usesPython
Game History
Ranger
Ranger
She/Her
{Top Tier}
Ranger
She/Her
{Top Tier}
{Top Tier}

Post Post #1142 (ISO) » Fri Nov 20, 2015 3:33 pm

Post by Ranger »

Ika wrote:this causes me to empathize p strongly with Ranger's POV in her one post directed towards Persi D2 that I initially thought looked like scum deliberately overreacting.

this kind of argumentation is seriously annoying.
Now you know. <3

Brunneis wrote:I just saw Ranger going VLA... sigh.
No, I'm actually announcing an end-date to my already-existing V/LA. I got caught up here, but my attention will probably be elsewhere (not in this game) over the weekend. I'll be around just often enough if we need to change lynch targets (any of Errant/Maxwellslot/Persivul), and to answer any emergency questions, but that's probably all the time I can spare.
- RadiantCowbells |
- Plotinus
- usesPython
Game History
Brunneis
Brunneis
Goon
Brunneis
Goon
Goon

Post Post #1143 (ISO) » Sat Nov 21, 2015 12:05 pm

Post by Brunneis »

Klingoncelt here.

21 hours since anyone posted.

It's go time, I think.

VOTE: Troy McClure
Quaroath
Quaroath
Mafia Scum
Quaroath
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #1144 (ISO) » Sat Nov 21, 2015 12:51 pm

Post by Quaroath »

Vote Count 3.4

On and on, the poet’s recite
Everyone’s knickers - tight
Who shall in be my friends?
To meet their bitter end?

Troy McClure – (4) Ranger, Brunneis, Ika Musume, Errantparabola
Persivul – (1) The Fire Hermit,

Not Voting - (3) duppin, Troy McClure, Persivul

Deadline is in (expired on 2015-11-28 23:59:59)

With 8 alive, it takes 5 to lynch.
Last edited by Quaroath on Tue Nov 24, 2015 8:17 pm, edited 1 time in total.
One Hamster to rule them all!
One Hamster to find them!
One Hamster to bring them all!
And in the sawdust bind them!
Errantparabola
Errantparabola
Composed.
Errantparabola
Composed.
Composed.

Post Post #1145 (ISO) » Sat Nov 21, 2015 5:39 pm

Post by Errantparabola »

I'm done with this day phase, honestly. I'd be happy to vote Troy but I'd rather wait for him to actually make a catch up post, honestly.
Persivul
Persivul
Survivor
Persivul
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #1146 (ISO) » Sun Nov 22, 2015 2:27 am

Post by Persivul »

prodge
duppin
duppin
Mafia Scum
duppin
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #1147 (ISO) » Sun Nov 22, 2015 2:36 am

Post by duppin »

Alright so I'm here.

I'm fine with a Troy vote. Would still like to hear from him though, but something tells me he isn't going to show up.
Brunneis
Brunneis
Goon
Brunneis
Goon
Goon

Post Post #1148 (ISO) » Sun Nov 22, 2015 2:57 am

Post by Brunneis »

Ugh, scum are probably dancing around right now while nobody is doing anything.

In post 1145, Errantparabola wrote:I'm done with this day phase, honestly. I'd be happy to vote Troy but I'd rather wait for him to actually make a catch up post, honestly.

*THIS IS A NO APATHY ZONE*

In post 1146, Persivul wrote:prodge

Instead of dismissing most things posted toward you, why not just try and respond?

>>>

This is my thought process: (Synced reads with Klingon)

Tbh, I'm getting to the point to where there is at least 1 scum between Pers and Troy, I think they're more likely buddies. Troy promised that he'd make a catch-up post, but that was due 4 days ago.

Pers foxposting and literally ignoring everyone else just like most of this dayphase but with less volume, just makes me more sure that he may be scum.

I keep re-reading Ranger's post and they just seem more town... It's difficult to read them, there's a lot suggesting that they could be scum, and a now-growing amount that suggest they are town. Errant is null for not really doing a lot that is noteworthy. These two aren't a preferred lynch, I kind of want to pursue them in depth and with a clearer head in a later dayphase since a lot of their content revolve around each other.

Other than that, I'm townreading Duppin.

>>>>>>>>>>>

Extra thoughts from myself:

However, the only somewhat-issue I take with Ranger and Duppin is the whole "wallposts of nothing" ~ I find it a bit agitating that my arguments really aren't very credited? I feel like I've been the only person to make points on most everyone in this game in areas that others have ignored.

But then again, if they're town then I can see why my 1v1 with them would make me seem like a nutcase... I still don't like it, but I'm not sure if it's alignment indicative, and even then - if it's town or scum.

I'm going to shit myself if we mislynch today and the scumteam was actually Ranger, Errant, and Duppin. But that seems a bit more far-fetched than Troy/Pers and any combination of the other 3.

~Taly
Troy McClure
Troy McClure
Townie
Troy McClure
Townie
Townie

Post Post #1149 (ISO) » Sun Nov 22, 2015 10:28 am

Post by Troy McClure »

Hi! Im Troy McClure!

You may remember me from such movies as Christmas Ape 3, and Christmas Ape 4: Christmas Ape vs. The Easter Bunny. Filming for Christmas Ape 5 has ran late, so I still have not read this entire script but am through the first two days. I laughed, cried, and then mostly cried again. Should have most of this done soon. But I have a few theories already.

Return to “Completed Open Games”