Micro 549: Everything Is A Lie 2 (Game Over)

Micro Games (9 players or fewer). Archived during the 2023 queue overhaul.
Postie
Postie
Any/all
Jack of All Trades
Postie
Any/all
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades
Pronoun: Any/all

Post Post #500 (ISO) » Tue Nov 24, 2015 2:15 am

Post by Postie »

In post 497, GuiltyLion wrote:- Awkward voting habits to start the game: Postie RVS voted Dong in , but then immediately made a second (RVS?) vote on vonflare in , then switched to the Counsel in . This all happened in the span of 40ish minutes RL time, so it's all pretty much fun and games at that point, but I tend to scumread people who votehop a lot for silly reasons because it reads to me like they don't want to commit to anything that could get them negative attention (why is your vote on [x]? = 'oh I just left it there, haven't really found a better target yet', etc).

We were essentially in RVS, making this a somewhat moot point.

Plus, I don't like people voting the Counsel, which seems to be just a distracting mechanic that can be used by scum to avoid legitimate productive scumhunting. My question to Postie in was meant to kind of push this point - lynching the Counsel doesn't tell us anything and most likely would not be a scumlynch, in my view - and she kinda dodged the point of my question by saying she thinks the Counsel might be scum.

I was intrigued by the fact that the Counsel was votable and wanted them lynched out out curiosity.

- I didn't like her vote on Dong in . Part of this is my past experience with Dong, he's a very trolly and difficult to read player, but that makes him easily mislynchable and this vote seemed to me like a convenient way to take an argument that is fundamentally non-alignment-indicative ("did vonflare express an opinion on Dong or not") and use it to start a push.

Focusing on a specific part of what BNL was saying and ignoring context came across as dong trying to push something that seemed contrived.

- BNL vote based on mechanics: So I had a back and forth with Postie in the thread about this, but I thought it was a bit of a reach to vote BNL because he claimed a role that he had thought of before. At the time I didn't mind it too much because I had my own scumread on BNL and I wanted to see his lynch through, but "your roleclaim is a lie" was a convenient opinion to take and I definitely would have scumread her a hell of a lot harder for sheeping me on that wagon if BNL had flipped town. Dong basically shares the same opinion in .

Are you forgetting that I was
100% correct about BNL making up his role
? Either I made an extremely lucky guess or I, you know,
had a well founded point
. Using this as a point against me is all kinds of ew.

- Lack of 'town paranoia': I kind of made this point already earlier today, but it didn't strike me as a town mindset in how quick Postie was to assume shos/vonflare are town, couple them with her townreads, and narrow her lynchpool down to two people immediately. It's an easy way to excuse tunneling on one or two players (Flubber feels especially like lynchbait as he has been hardcore lurking), and I think town!Postie would be a lot more open towards questioning everyone involved today and letting some pushes/threads of conversation play out. I didn't like how she basically declared that she's on board for my lynch in when I've barely done anything yet today, either.

Firstly, I didn't
assume
shos and vonflare were town, as evidenced by my use of the word "probably"; it was a loose hypothesis. Secondly, you may not have done much today, but I really didn't like your "reaction test", which was partly what pushed me to vote you. And I don't like your explanation of it much either.
Discourse is fleeting, but junk mail is forever.
vonflare
vonflare
doot
vonflare
doot
doot

Post Post #501 (ISO) » Tue Nov 24, 2015 3:15 am

Post by vonflare »

In post 500, Postie wrote:

We were essentially in RVS,

20-something pages in, day 3, and we're still in RVS?
THIS POST IS PROVIDED "AS IS", WITHOUT WARRANTY OF ANY KIND, EXPRESS OR IMPLIED, INCLUDING BUT NOT LIMITED TO THE WARRANTIES OF MERCHANTABILITY, FITNESS FOR A PARTICULAR PURPOSE AND NONINFRINGEMENT.
Postie
Postie
Any/all
Jack of All Trades
Postie
Any/all
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #502 (ISO) » Tue Nov 24, 2015 4:07 am

Post by Postie »

I'm not sure I understand your point, vonflare. I think my voting habits are nothing like what they were at the start of the game.
shos
shos
Survivor
shos
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #503 (ISO) » Tue Nov 24, 2015 4:29 am

Post by shos »

Can we have a VCV please,

to see where the counsel vote.
In post 836, Lucky2u said:

Rule # 5h05: players should not attempt to use or manipulate the mod for any purpose.
shos
shos
Survivor
shos
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #504 (ISO) » Tue Nov 24, 2015 4:29 am

Post by shos »

Dong, if you are part of those who control the counsel, try to get it voting ME.

Rule # 5h05: players should not attempt to use or manipulate the mod for any purpose.
wgeurts
wgeurts
They/Them
Pokédex
wgeurts
They/Them
Pokédex
Pokédex
Pronoun: They/Them

Post Post #505 (ISO) » Tue Nov 24, 2015 7:14 am

Post by wgeurts »

VC 3.01
vonflare (1):
The Counsel
Postie (1):
GuiltyLion
FlubberNugget (1):
Shos
GuiltyLion (1):
Postie
Not Voting:
Davsto, Flubbernugget, The Counsel, lilith2013

With 8 votes, 5 to lynch

Deadline:
(expired on 2015-11-29 16:09:43)
"
i agree we should have a rule against wgeurts
" -
Davsto

"
let's have 2 rules against wgeurts
" -
DeathRowKitty

Flubbernugget
Flubbernugget
Survivor
Flubbernugget
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #506 (ISO) » Tue Nov 24, 2015 7:58 am

Post by Flubbernugget »

I am a pseudologist. Meaning I can target someone and have them modkilled if they lied

D2 was postie. Don't remember anything incriminating there

Today was vonflare. His claim is that he must always lie. But he hasn't been modkilled. So he didn't lie by saying he is a liar?
Postie
Postie
Any/all
Jack of All Trades
Postie
Any/all
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #507 (ISO) » Tue Nov 24, 2015 8:04 am

Post by Postie »

In post 506, Flubbernugget wrote:I am a pseudologist. Meaning I can target someone and have them modkilled if they lied

Today was vonflare. His claim is that he must always lie. But he hasn't been modkilled. So he didn't lie by saying he is a liar?

What do you mean by not remembering anything incriminating on me?
lilith2013
lilith2013
she/her
Spice of Life
lilith2013
she/her
Spice of Life
Spice of Life
Pronoun: she/her

Post Post #508 (ISO) » Tue Nov 24, 2015 8:16 am

Post by lilith2013 »

In post 506, Flubbernugget wrote:I am a pseudologist. Meaning I can target someone and have them modkilled if they lied

Where did he claim that he must always lie? His nameclaim (flavor name) was a prevaricator. I don't think that was him claiming a post restriction or role thing.
shos
shos
Survivor
shos
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #509 (ISO) » Tue Nov 24, 2015 8:19 am

Post by shos »

I call bullshit.
If you are a killing LD you would have used it better. Not on a completely unhelpful post. Also, coincidence that i alŗeady cleared him?

Nay.

Wagon on FN ahoy

vonflare
vonflare
doot
vonflare
doot
doot

Post Post #510 (ISO) » Tue Nov 24, 2015 8:25 am

Post by vonflare »

In post 506, Flubbernugget wrote:His claim is that he must always lie.

What? When?
THIS POST IS PROVIDED "AS IS", WITHOUT WARRANTY OF ANY KIND, EXPRESS OR IMPLIED, INCLUDING BUT NOT LIMITED TO THE WARRANTIES OF MERCHANTABILITY, FITNESS FOR A PARTICULAR PURPOSE AND NONINFRINGEMENT.
GuiltyLion
GuiltyLion
he/him
Survivor
GuiltyLion
he/him
Survivor
Survivor
Pronoun: he/him

Post Post #511 (ISO) » Tue Nov 24, 2015 8:58 am

Post by GuiltyLion »

No, that's not how this works. If I say I find a lot of quick jokey votes in RVS scummy, my argument isn't voided by you saying "yeah but it was RVS". You have to convince me that vote hopping around so much is not scummy.

In post 500, Postie wrote:I was intrigued by the fact that the Counsel was votable and wanted them lynched out out curiosity.

So we can agree to disagree on whether voting the Counsel comes from a town mindset and whether that's productive. But you also dodged my question in by saying you think the Council could be scum, and that doesn't sound like what you're saying here.

In post 500, Postie wrote:Are you forgetting that I was
100% correct about BNL making up his role
? Either I made an extremely lucky guess or I, you know,
had a well founded point
. Using this as a point against me is all kinds of ew.

His role wasn't made up though. He flipped compulsive hammerer, like I predicted he would, because there wasn't really a reason for him to make that up.

All the made up crap all came on D2 when he was revived as a jester.

In post 500, Postie wrote:Secondly, you may not have done much today, but I really didn't like your "reaction test", which was partly what pushed me to vote you. And I don't like your explanation of it much either.

Check this out:
In Newbie 1649 I did the exact same thing, starting off D2 with a naked vote on my scumread. My scumread, YurikoJasmine, proceeded to throw up some AtE, declared a sudden unexplained scumread on me, and ultimately got lynched that day.

I didn't notice this during the game, but her scumbuddy eventi, also tried to grill me for that naked vote. So I think it's an effective scumhunting tool and I don't really care that you don't like it, because it does generate alignment-indicative content and you're behaving very similarly to scum!YurikoJasmine in that game.
"I think I no longer believe in monsters as faces in the floor or feral infants or vampires or whatever. I think at seventeen now I believe the only real monsters might be the type of liar where there's simply no way to tell. The ones who give nothing away"
Postie
Postie
Any/all
Jack of All Trades
Postie
Any/all
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #512 (ISO) » Tue Nov 24, 2015 9:25 am

Post by Postie »

In post 511, GuiltyLion wrote:No, that's not how this works. If I say I find a lot of quick jokey votes in RVS scummy, my argument isn't voided by you saying "yeah but it was RVS". You have to convince me that vote hopping around so much is not scummy.

Vote hopping in RVS isn't scummy because the votes
don't mean anything

But you also dodged my question in by saying you think the Council could be scum, and that doesn't sound like what you're saying here.

I was answering your question in an overtly vague manner because I had no idea what lynching The Counsel would do. I did not suspect The Counsel was scum, and if you take my response in the context of my other posts at the time, you should have no reason to read that comment 100% seriously.

His role wasn't made up though. He flipped compulsive hammerer, like I predicted he would, because there wasn't really a reason for him to make that up.

I went and checked his flip again and shit, you're right. Okay, fair.
I hold it was a reasonable reason to suspect him though, and out of curiosity, why did you think there wasn't a reason for him to make that up?

Check this out:
In Newbie 1649 I did the exact same thing, starting off D2 with a naked vote on my scumread. My scumread, YurikoJasmine, proceeded to throw up some AtE, declared a sudden unexplained scumread on me, and ultimately got lynched that day.

I didn't notice this during the game, but her scumbuddy eventi, also tried to grill me for that naked vote. So I think it's an effective scumhunting tool and I don't really care that you don't like it, because it does generate alignment-indicative content and you're behaving very similarly to scum!YurikoJasmine in that game.

Okay, if you've done this is the past and gotten favorable results, then I can't really fault you for it. I still hate your case on me though so my vote stays for now. I might switch to Flubber after a re-read though if I can make sense of the points against him.
shos
shos
Survivor
shos
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #513 (ISO) » Tue Nov 24, 2015 9:39 am

Post by shos »

Seriously, that bullshit about vonflare is bullshit.

Davsto
Davsto
He/Him
Farce of Habit
Davsto
He/Him
Farce of Habit
Farce of Habit
Pronoun: He/Him

Post Post #514 (ISO) » Tue Nov 24, 2015 10:19 am

Post by Davsto »

Dammit, wgeurts.

Basically, wgeurts tends to have a pattern to avoid name massclaims breaking the game; he tends to have all but one name follow a pattern, with that one name being town with the aim to look like a scum botching a fakeclaim.

Apparently he's picked up on the fact I've learnt that and not included in this game.

In post 509, shos wrote:I call bullshit.
If you are a killing LD you would have used it better. Not on a completely unhelpful post. Also, coincidence that i al
ŗ
eady cleared him?

Nay.

Wagon on FN ahoy
What's with the squiggly bit under the r? (See colour)
Davsto
Davsto
He/Him
Farce of Habit
Davsto
He/Him
Farce of Habit
Farce of Habit
Pronoun: He/Him

Post Post #515 (ISO) » Tue Nov 24, 2015 10:22 am

Post by Davsto »

I guarantee that wgeurts in the dead thread either predicted me doing the nameclaim or, at least, pointed out me doing so. I bet he just knew I was going to do it.

Terrible.
shos
shos
Survivor
shos
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #516 (ISO) » Tue Nov 24, 2015 10:34 am

Post by shos »

Thats me phobeposting
If I hold a letter too much i get these
Ŕťĥĝfðŀ

Flubbernugget
Flubbernugget
Survivor
Flubbernugget
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #517 (ISO) » Tue Nov 24, 2015 3:23 pm

Post by Flubbernugget »

In post 509, shos wrote:I call bullshit.
If you are a killing LD you would have used it better. Not on a completely unhelpful post. Also, coincidence that i alŗeady cleared him?

Nay.

Wagon on FN ahoy

To clarify, it is not on a single post. It is on the player for the entirety of the day.

Also, fuck your clear. Game is too easy to go "oops mod was lying"

Let's try it like this

Vonflare, are you aligned with the town?
Flubbernugget
Flubbernugget
Survivor
Flubbernugget
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #518 (ISO) » Tue Nov 24, 2015 3:24 pm

Post by Flubbernugget »

In post 510, vonflare wrote:

What? When?

Isn't that what prevocator meant?
lilith2013
lilith2013
she/her
Spice of Life
lilith2013
she/her
Spice of Life
Spice of Life

Post Post #519 (ISO) » Tue Nov 24, 2015 3:29 pm

Post by lilith2013 »

We were all name-claiming/flavor-claiming, not role-claiming.
vonflare
vonflare
doot
vonflare
doot
doot

Post Post #520 (ISO) » Tue Nov 24, 2015 4:36 pm

Post by vonflare »

In post 518, Flubbernugget wrote:
In post 510, vonflare wrote:

What? When?

Isn't that what prevocator meant?

Um

nooo....
shos
shos
Survivor
shos
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #521 (ISO) » Tue Nov 24, 2015 6:37 pm

Post by shos »

Speedlynch ahoy.
Also, vonflare is more town than me, if that helps you understand the certainty level.

Also, if I die,
take a really good look at lilith

Flubbernugget
Flubbernugget
Survivor
Flubbernugget
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #522 (ISO) » Wed Nov 25, 2015 3:26 am

Post by Flubbernugget »

Ohhh oops
vonflare
vonflare
doot
vonflare
doot
doot

Post Post #523 (ISO) » Wed Nov 25, 2015 3:30 am

Post by vonflare »

In post 522, Flubbernugget wrote:Ohhh oops

what?
lilith2013
lilith2013
she/her
Spice of Life
lilith2013
she/her
Spice of Life
Spice of Life

Post Post #524 (ISO) » Wed Nov 25, 2015 3:56 am

Post by lilith2013 »

Now that you've said that, scum is going to kill you to put the blame on me -_- especially because you have some mystery power that can confirm if people are town. That's probably the dumbest thing I've heard today.

Return to “Mayfair Club [Micro Games]”