Ankamius
Ankamius
Survivor
Ankamius
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #2150 (ISO) » Thu Nov 26, 2015 8:13 am

Post by Ankamius »

In post 2113, Nachomamma8 wrote:What do you think of the late Ascetic counterclaim?

It also might mean that your scumdar is broken, you know.

It means there's no one in this game still alive that I can point to and be confident they're town.

That's very disturbing when we hit a point in the game where setup information starts to take a much bigger role in the game.
Ankamius
Ankamius
Survivor
Ankamius
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #2151 (ISO) » Thu Nov 26, 2015 8:14 am

Post by Ankamius »

In post 2116, farside22 wrote:I'm also concerned by Anka's acceptance of nacho's claim day 2.

Quote this.
Ankamius
Ankamius
Survivor
Ankamius
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #2152 (ISO) » Thu Nov 26, 2015 8:16 am

Post by Ankamius »

In post 2136, farside22 wrote:I'm reconsidering my Nacho read to be fair though, he's day 4 is much better and more thoughtful then most of the other days and I'm getting the impression he is trying to figure the players out in the game.

I'm getting the opposite impression. I never had a significant scumread on that slot, but it's starting to get there today. I'm getting that same feeling I got last time I played against Nacho's scumgame, and I was foolish enough to ignore it last time.
Nachomamma8
Nachomamma8
Devil in the Details
Nachomamma8
Devil in the Details
Devil in the Details

Post Post #2153 (ISO) » Thu Nov 26, 2015 8:19 am

Post by Nachomamma8 »

In post 2149, Ankamius wrote:
In post 2100, Nachomamma8 wrote:Her intent as scum would be to get townread for playing stupid, which I don't think is the case.

Why is this the only thing you can think of for why she would do this?

Why else would she do that as scum?
"Playing with Nacho is like playing with a religious conservative." ~UncertainKitten

-- Fate, Vanilla Townie, was brutally stabbed by a throwing sword in endgame.
Nachomamma8
Nachomamma8
Devil in the Details
Nachomamma8
Devil in the Details
Devil in the Details

Post Post #2154 (ISO) » Thu Nov 26, 2015 8:22 am

Post by Nachomamma8 »

In post 2150, Ankamius wrote:It means there's no one in this game still alive that I can point to and be confident they're town.

And what are you doing in order to change that?
"Playing with Nacho is like playing with a religious conservative." ~UncertainKitten

hiplop
hiplop
Jury Darling
hiplop
Jury Darling
Jury Darling

Post Post #2155 (ISO) » Thu Nov 26, 2015 8:23 am

Post by hiplop »

i have to commend antihero, this is a CRAZY setup that is incredibly hard to unravel.
third best scummer of all time
Ankamius
Ankamius
Survivor
Ankamius
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #2156 (ISO) » Thu Nov 26, 2015 8:27 am

Post by Ankamius »

In post 2153, Nachomamma8 wrote:
In post 2100, Nachomamma8 wrote:Her intent as scum would be to get townread for playing stupid, which I don't think is the case.

Just glancing at context, day three she thinks the scumteam is suddenly in a lot of trouble, then day four she realizes there's a lot of outs and town isn't unified anymore and just wants to keep town from getting organized again.
Ankamius
Ankamius
Survivor
Ankamius
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #2157 (ISO) » Thu Nov 26, 2015 8:28 am

Post by Ankamius »

In post 2154, Nachomamma8 wrote:
In post 2150, Ankamius wrote:It means there's no one in this game still alive that I can point to and be confident they're town.

Posts like this are why I'm really nervous about you right now.
Ankamius
Ankamius
Survivor
Ankamius
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #2158 (ISO) » Thu Nov 26, 2015 8:37 am

Post by Ankamius »

In post 2156, Ankamius wrote:

Just glancing at context, day three she thinks the scumteam is suddenly in a lot of trouble, then day four she realizes there's a lot of outs and town isn't unified anymore and just wants to keep town from getting organized again.

FTR this makes a lot more sense if Hiplop is scum.
farside22
farside22
Mafia Mum
farside22
Mafia Mum
Mafia Mum

Post Post #2159 (ISO) » Thu Nov 26, 2015 12:18 pm

Post by farside22 »

In post 2156, Ankamius wrote:

That's a load of crap.
Sarcasm is just a way of saying how stupid you think someone is but in a more polite way.
farside22
farside22
Mafia Mum
farside22
Mafia Mum
Mafia Mum

Post Post #2160 (ISO) » Thu Nov 26, 2015 12:29 pm

Post by farside22 »

This long post serves two things.
1) is Anka's comments about verdith, which you'll see very little.
2) where anka magically believes nacho's' reason for claiming hippy as confirmed town.

So the first one anka has vedith as town and then scum with me in the next post but if you look through Anka's ISO there is never a push on vedith in the game.

The reasini bring the second point is because anka is acting like he never believed Nacho before and has this sudden scum read while vedith is aowl.

In post 1456, Ankamius wrote:alright well

Vedith + Hecatia are town. I'm okay with throwing massive into the pile for the moment. I want to throw ETL in there but I don't have enough experience with her to overthrow her reputation that I'm aware of to be comfortable with that.

1-2 minimum scum in Cataphant + Davsto + Thor665

The rest are in who the fuck knows land.

In post 1585, Ankamius wrote:I'll get to this. Vedith and Farside are my two focuses when I do.

In post 1857, Ankamius wrote:I don't understand your case. Nacho said his Hiplop read had nothing to do with his role.

In post 1862, Ankamius wrote:
In post 1860, farside22 wrote:
In post 1857, Ankamius wrote:I don't understand your case. Nacho said his Hiplop read had nothing to do with his role.

He was scum reading hippy day 2.
:facepalm:
He said he knew hippy was town due to his role.
He said he went nowhere.

Dear lord do I need to draw a map here?

Did you forget the post where he said he said that it was his role to absorb a nightkill?

In post 1866, Ankamius wrote:
In post 1862, Ankamius wrote:
In post 1860, farside22 wrote:

He was scum reading hippy day 2.
:facepalm:
He said he knew hippy was town due to his role.
He said he went nowhere.

Dear lord do I need to draw a map here?

Did you forget the post where he said he said that it was his role to absorb a nightkill?

uhhhh let me rephrase this so that it makes any sense whatsoever.

Did you forget the post where he said that the information was because of his role so that he could absorb a nightkill?

In post 1897, Ankamius wrote:I wouldn't object to a farside lynch anymore.
Sarcasm is just a way of saying how stupid you think someone is but in a more polite way.
farside22
farside22
Mafia Mum
farside22
Mafia Mum
Mafia Mum

Post Post #2161 (ISO) » Thu Nov 26, 2015 12:31 pm

Post by farside22 »

Anyways that is the main reason for my POE of vedith and anka
Vedith
Vedith
Survivor
Vedith
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #2162 (ISO) » Thu Nov 26, 2015 12:33 pm

Post by Vedith »

In post 2161, farside22 wrote:Anyways that is the main reason for my POE of vedith and anka

So after I flip town you can call Ank town too?
I claim scum \o/
Ankamius
Ankamius
Survivor
Ankamius
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #2163 (ISO) » Thu Nov 26, 2015 12:48 pm

Post by Ankamius »

The problem with your case is that you assume 1585 is a scum list.

Your case on Nacho still makes no fucking sense. Your case was literally that he claimed hiplop was confirmed town because of his role then claimed that he went nowhere when he had already claimed he wasn't willing to go into it so he could be a night kill target. I pointed this out to you multiple times and you're still completely ignoring why your case is awful.
Nachomamma8
Nachomamma8
Devil in the Details
Nachomamma8
Devil in the Details
Devil in the Details

Post Post #2164 (ISO) » Thu Nov 26, 2015 1:19 pm

Post by Nachomamma8 »

In post 2152, Ankamius wrote:
In post 2136, farside22 wrote:I'm reconsidering my Nacho read to be fair though, he's day 4 is much better and more thoughtful then most of the other days and I'm getting the impression he is trying to figure the players out in the game.

I'm getting the opposite impression. I never had a significant scumread on that slot, but it's starting to get there today. I'm getting that same feeling I got last time I played against Nacho's scumgame, and I was foolish enough to ignore it last time.

There's nothing I can say or do in response to this post to help you read me correctly, and if you're approaching reading me in this way, you won't end up with a correct read on me.

The way that I've played this game is not typically how I play as scum; I'm more comfortable as scum than town pushing lynches away from me (because I can make up good-looking stances, use good-looking reasoning), and I certainly wouldn't have played the hiplop/claim situation the way that I did as scum.

For reference:

#swag Wars: When I was about to be the lynch of the day, I claimed backup rolecop and managed to get the mislynch of a player that would almost certain to be confirmed town if I was lynched first. The real reason I was a suspect is because of POE, and despite my partners trying to bus me for a majority of the day, I didn't get lynched.

Matriarchy Mafia: One of my weaker scumgames, but I still guided several lynches away from my scumbuddies at the beginning of the day, and my claim (backup to the innocent child) would have almost certainly saved me if I wasn't hammered before I managed to get the claim out.

Then compare to when I was mislynched here:

Saki: A bunch of people didn't like my play, mostly for activity reasons. Couldn't really say anything to fight my lynch.

Inorganic Chemistry: Scum were playing better than town, I got POE'd out because I was a lurker. Again, couldn't really fight my lynch.

I normally don't play this poorly as town, but the way I've sort of stumbled and fucked up through earlier days is 100% a staple of my town game. There's no real reason for me to duplicate that as scum to push this argument, which is dumb when my normal scumgame works so much better than this.

Nachomamma8
Nachomamma8
Devil in the Details
Nachomamma8
Devil in the Details
Devil in the Details

Post Post #2165 (ISO) » Thu Nov 26, 2015 1:20 pm

Post by Nachomamma8 »

In post 2156, Ankamius wrote:Just glancing at context, day three she thinks the scumteam is suddenly in a lot of trouble, then day four she realizes there's a lot of outs and town isn't unified anymore and just wants to keep town from getting organized again.

And how exactly is she doing that by pushing arguments with obvious holes?

Nachomamma8
Nachomamma8
Devil in the Details
Nachomamma8
Devil in the Details
Devil in the Details

Post Post #2166 (ISO) » Thu Nov 26, 2015 1:30 pm

Post by Nachomamma8 »

In post 2157, Ankamius wrote:
In post 2154, Nachomamma8 wrote:

Posts like this are why I'm really nervous about you right now.

When you say you don't have any confident townreads, it's a cop out. If you don't have confident townreads, you should be pushing like hell or doing
something
to form them, there should be panic and urgency in your town which there really hasn't been as of late.

I believe that hiplop is probably town. The way that he pushed Pistach didn't really seem like a bus to me, the tracker role makes sense, his play seemed pretty damn genuine today when he's in a good position to start pushing through the mislynches he want. In my most paranoid moments, I think he could be scum, sure, but the chances of him actually being scum are slim.

I believe that you are town. I think that your play and actions make sense; I think the way you were genuinely confused (worried, almost) about the townreads on you seemed like you had a strong power role, and the "I am the reason scum have a ninja" line was something that I can't really see you saying as scum. Your paranoia feels genuine.

I believe that farside is town. Her emotional progression from agitated to frustrated at being ignored to calming down a bit and trying to go back over the game to see what she missed means that the exchange she had with you was probably not faked; I like her latest play, and although her aggression early game wasn't what I expected it to be, I've failed reading her on that basis in the past. I think her role makes a lot of sense as a town role interacting with Norman and less sense as scum on the same team (factional ninja + backup ninja + shared commuter is inelegant), although one more question for her: Farside, if you attempted to use your commute while Norman also used his commute, would you be informed it failed?

I don't know about massive. I've been thinking about farside's problems with his claim lately and they make more sense than they did before. I don't think if I had his role I would tie myself to someone that would be living for a long time; yes, it does make sense to try to catch more actions when the scumteam has two ninjas, but even so, why not target someone who was almost certainly going to die to see if scum tried to mess with their actions overnight?

I don't know about Davesto; his actions make absolutely no sense, and none of his posting has really stood out as town. I'm not sure if Jailkeeper + Watcher + Tracker make sense in the setup.

I don't know about Vedith; I guess I like that all he's done lately is go "well what happens after I flip town???" and I still like his interactions with Pistach, but I don't know how he treats his partners as scum so that could be an incredibly bad reason to clear him.

Nachomamma8
Nachomamma8
Devil in the Details
Nachomamma8
Devil in the Details
Devil in the Details

Post Post #2167 (ISO) » Thu Nov 26, 2015 1:31 pm

Post by Nachomamma8 »

Unvote

I think the part where I'm happiest working from is farside/Ank/hiplop town.
I didn't realize how unsure I felt about massive.

Nachomamma8
Nachomamma8
Devil in the Details
Nachomamma8
Devil in the Details
Devil in the Details

Post Post #2168 (ISO) » Thu Nov 26, 2015 1:32 pm

Post by Nachomamma8 »

Who, if scum, had to submit the kill N1, which is sort of a concern thanks to the following:

In post 2, Antihero wrote:Mafia members may not perform the factional kill and an active ability on the same night.

farside22
farside22
Mafia Mum
farside22
Mafia Mum
Mafia Mum

Post Post #2169 (ISO) » Thu Nov 26, 2015 1:54 pm

Post by farside22 »

In post 2162, Vedith wrote:
In post 2161, farside22 wrote:Anyways that is the main reason for my POE of vedith and anka

So after I flip town you can call Ank town too?

I'm not playing the wifom game.

Nacho wrote: Farside, if you attempted to use your commute while Norman also used his commute, would you be informed it failed?

No.
I gathered the only way I would know it failed if someone targetted me.
farside22
farside22
Mafia Mum
farside22
Mafia Mum
Mafia Mum

Post Post #2170 (ISO) » Thu Nov 26, 2015 1:56 pm

Post by farside22 »

In post 2167, Nachomamma8 wrote:
Unvote

I think the part where I'm happiest working from is farside/Ank/hiplop town.
I didn't realize how unsure I felt about massive.

In post 2168, Nachomamma8 wrote:Who, if scum, had to submit the kill N1, which is sort of a concern thanks to the following:

In post 2, Antihero wrote:Mafia members may not perform the factional kill and an active ability on the same night.

Night 2 would clear 2 players being scum together, unless there scum together....
But that would be ballys as hell
Nachomamma8
Nachomamma8
Devil in the Details
Nachomamma8
Devil in the Details
Devil in the Details

Post Post #2171 (ISO) » Thu Nov 26, 2015 2:08 pm

Post by Nachomamma8 »

Night 2 clears who?

Nachomamma8
Nachomamma8
Devil in the Details
Nachomamma8
Devil in the Details
Devil in the Details

Post Post #2172 (ISO) » Thu Nov 26, 2015 2:08 pm

Post by Nachomamma8 »

I've been drinking, so my logic might be kind of shitty right now.

Ankamius
Ankamius
Survivor
Ankamius
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #2173 (ISO) » Thu Nov 26, 2015 2:19 pm

Post by Ankamius »

Davsto is confirmed not scum with massive or me, since both of us saw him target you.
farside22
farside22
Mafia Mum
farside22
Mafia Mum
Mafia Mum

Post Post #2174 (ISO) » Thu Nov 26, 2015 3:10 pm

Post by farside22 »

In post 2173, Ankamius wrote:Davsto is confirmed not scum with massive or me, since both of us saw him target you.

Basically this.

Return to “Completed Mini Theme Games”