Mafia Scum
ICEninja
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #175 (ISO) » Mon Nov 30, 2015 7:38 pm

Post by ICEninja »

Titus and RC are being scummy.
Titus wrote:
Wrong. I say that as town if someone jumps on me for a personality quirk.

You quoted me, but I didn't say anything about you in that entire quote. What do you supposedly say as town?

You then quote yourself, which I've read repeatedly and not found sense in the post. You're also defending Wickan again. Calling the Wickan/Titus scum pair is almost too obvious to be true at this point.

RC is pinging my scumdar for attempting to enforce his own meta. When I'm scum I always try to point out all the things I do as a specific alignment as a defense. It's a lousy defense because RC could actively be attempting to mimic his town meta in a game where many people are familiar with his play. Town RC would just be town RC and figure people would townread him because people know his meta.
Town: 14 wins, 14 losses
Scum: 3 wins, 2 losses
RadiantCowbells
RadiantCowbells
He/him
Smooth Criminal
RadiantCowbells
He/him
Smooth Criminal
Smooth Criminal
Pronoun: He/him

Post Post #176 (ISO) » Mon Nov 30, 2015 7:47 pm

Post by RadiantCowbells »

Did you ever consider that Titus has scumread me in every game we've played, one specific incident quite infamously?
ICEninja
ICEninja
Mafia Scum
ICEninja
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #177 (ISO) » Mon Nov 30, 2015 8:02 pm

Post by ICEninja »

I can understand why someone would be scum reading you this game.
Town: 14 wins, 14 losses
Scum: 3 wins, 2 losses
RadiantCowbells
RadiantCowbells
He/him
Smooth Criminal
RadiantCowbells
He/him
Smooth Criminal
Smooth Criminal

Post Post #178 (ISO) » Mon Nov 30, 2015 8:03 pm

I can't. Why don't you fill me in?
RadiantCowbells
RadiantCowbells
He/him
Smooth Criminal
RadiantCowbells
He/him
Smooth Criminal
Smooth Criminal

Post Post #179 (ISO) » Mon Nov 30, 2015 8:15 pm

In fact it's bothering me because I'm not sure that Titus is scum here, just deathtunneling like a derp.

VOTE: ABR

This is scum for sure.
Titus
Titus
She/her
Moon Walker
Titus
She/her
Moon Walker
Moon Walker
Pronoun: She/her

Post Post #180 (ISO) » Mon Nov 30, 2015 8:58 pm

Post by Titus »

In post 175, ICEninja wrote:Titus and RC are being scummy.
Titus wrote:
Wrong. I say that as town if someone jumps on me for a personality quirk.

You quoted me, but I didn't say anything about you in that entire quote. What do you supposedly say as town?

You then quote yourself, which I've read repeatedly and not found sense in the post. You're also defending Wickan again. Calling the Wickan/Titus scum pair is almost too obvious to be true at this point.

RC is pinging my scumdar for attempting to enforce his own meta. When I'm scum I always try to point out all the things I do as a specific alignment as a defense. It's a lousy defense because RC could actively be attempting to mimic his town meta in a game where many people are familiar with his play. Town RC would just be town RC and figure people would townread him because people know his meta.

I say what your alleged scu slip against Wicked is.
Show
The scum had the misfortune of Titus being absurdly accurate on day one.Really quite impressed by that.~Drixx

You're letting Titus win the game by herself.Good luck now I guess.You have no chance to win.~Tywin

GTKTitus Part 2
Titus Academy

VLA Friday nights until Sunday morning.

All hail the Scum Empress!
Titus
Titus
She/her
Moon Walker
Titus
She/her
Moon Walker
Moon Walker
Pronoun: She/her

Post Post #181 (ISO) » Mon Nov 30, 2015 9:00 pm

Post by Titus »

In post 176, RadiantCowbells wrote:Did you ever consider that Titus has scumread me in every game we've played, one specific incident quite infamously?

You have been scum in every game but one though... :s
Show
The scum had the misfortune of Titus being absurdly accurate on day one.Really quite impressed by that.~Drixx

You're letting Titus win the game by herself.Good luck now I guess.You have no chance to win.~Tywin

GTKTitus Part 2
Titus Academy

VLA Friday nights until Sunday morning.

All hail the Scum Empress!
RadiantCowbells
RadiantCowbells
He/him
Smooth Criminal
RadiantCowbells
He/him
Smooth Criminal
Smooth Criminal

Post Post #182 (ISO) » Mon Nov 30, 2015 9:03 pm

So you're agreeing that there's a substantial likelihood that you're not overly familiar with the way that Town!RC plays games?
talah
talah
Mafia Scum
talah
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #183 (ISO) » Mon Nov 30, 2015 9:05 pm

Post by talah »

@Frozen

Spoiler: full quote
In post 36, Frozen Angel wrote:
In post 34, talah wrote:
In post 32, Frozen Angel wrote:says who were just saying , someone (it doesn't matter she was me) must be lynched just because I haven't play with her so far.

This doesn't align with you saying you don't take RVS seriously.

In post 7, talah wrote:
In post 6, Taly wrote:
RC, I'll give you a solid townread the whole game if you sheeped me in voting Titus.

Same offer goes to talah and Frozen.

That seems like an odd way to go about business considering the sequence of events.

Have you got a scumread on Titus now based on her response to your first post where no-one else had posted? Or are you just wanting to sort her?

Also I could have voted Titus for the return-vote had I wanted to at the time, but I didn't (same as I could have asked RC if I'd wanted at the time why Frozen Angel was a better unposted player to "thaw" than ICEninja).

As it is - I'm happy to get a wagon up on Frozen Angel if that's possible and try to sort a player I haven't played with before. There's nothing stopping you from having a conversation with Titus if you're looking to sort her (in fact, that was the reason I wanted to leave you two alone to joust), otherwise I'd like to hear about the scumread you've got.

^ this wasn't a apart of RVS ...

was it?

In post 36, Frozen Angel wrote:^ this wasn't a apart of RVS ...

was it?

It's unusual to be saying that Post 7 was not RVS, but no, RVS probably ended either on that post or Taly's post before it.
The point is that your characterisation of what I said is a lie.

I said I wanted to get a wagon going to sort a player I hadn't played with before:
In post 7, talah wrote:As it is - I'm happy to get a wagon up on Frozen Angel if that's possible and
try to sort a player I haven't played with before.

You are representing that I actually said this:
In post 32, Frozen Angel wrote:says who were just saying , someone (it doesn't matter she was me)
must be lynched just because I haven't play with her so far.

Quite different from what I actually said.

Scanning forward a bit, we come to learn that you actually *do* know what wagons are about - reactions and pressure:
In post 55, Frozen Angel wrote:yep that's actually an interesting case ...

VOTE: Wickan in L3

need to see his reaction about this wagon , first ...
In post 58, Frozen Angel wrote:*feeling confident* why there is always one saying that every game? :D

pedit - whoa - I missed that vote / I won't vote because I like putting people in l2 to see their reactions ...
In post 59, Frozen Angel wrote:I won't unvote* i mean ...
In post 162, Frozen Angel wrote:
In post 141, JohnnyFarrar wrote:@Frozen your vote's on Wickan still. Why? Is it still pressure?

you really think I must stop pressuring wiccon right now??

You're happy to accuse someone else of being scum for wagonning.
You demonstrate that you know wagonning is a pro-town play if there is reasoning behind it.
That type of congnitive dissonace is usually scum.

In post 46, Frozen Angel wrote:
and in I voted him for 3 reasons :
1)
he was advertising to make a fast wagon
2)
he said we should lynch the one we don't know
3)
and he asks people to scum read people base on a naked spam vote / spam post
(numbering in the above quote is my edit)

1)
Yep. It was post 5 (me voting you to form a wagon rather than randomly voting), post 6 (Taly wanting to 1v1 Titus for what was apparently a reaction test), post 7 (me saying nah I'm happy to stick with my wagon and questioning his motivation in wanting votes on Titus).
2)
I feel like having familiarity with some others means it would be easier to engage with them directly based on that familiarity. You who hadn't posted, and who someone else was already voting - what better way for me to engage with you than vote and create a wagon on you so you have a nice piece of welcoming content to respond to when you get into the thread?
3)
I asked Taly for his read if he had one. I didn't ask him to scumread Titus, in fact I was quite incredulous that he was asking for sheeping from such little information.
Also I clarified that after you asked as well:
In post 27, talah wrote:Yes I still want Taly's read on Titus. He asked for me to sheep him and offered a townread if I did. I'm not after cheap townreads - I want his reasoning.

The fact that you want to say it's spam voting or posting doesn't make it so.
For all I know he Taly could have some scumtell on Titus based on the voteback or the lacklustre entry.
So I challenged him on it because that serves to engage with him as well.

Now I can see a possible reaction from town being to attack someone you think is scummy for attempting to start a wagon on you.
But I'm having trouble connecting the dots when it comes to your exaggerations and completely misrepresenting me in the course of that reaction.

You did say it was part of your personality but it's not something I'm seeing as pro-town.

If you want to figure out the game you'd be wanting you determine motivations right?
Not flat-out lie and say I said/did things that I didn't say/do.

In post 46, Frozen Angel wrote:and I never said why are you voting me :)

Also this looks like some kind of false town-tell you're trying to push.
And it's also a lie for all intents and purposes because you keep saying that I voted you in order to speedlynch you because I didn't know you.

---
Anyway now I'm going to try to catch up a bit more succinctly...
Also I'm around for a bit for rando conversations.
JohnnyFarrar
JohnnyFarrar
Jack of All Trades
JohnnyFarrar
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #184 (ISO) » Mon Nov 30, 2015 9:11 pm

Post by JohnnyFarrar »

Can't really randomly converse til you're caught up but I'll be up for a while so lemme know when you're done~
Phone posting. Low effort, big fun.
"In my heart, Johnny will always be scum" - Not_Mafia
RadiantCowbells
RadiantCowbells
He/him
Smooth Criminal
RadiantCowbells
He/him
Smooth Criminal
Smooth Criminal

Post Post #185 (ISO) » Mon Nov 30, 2015 9:11 pm

Oh, and the one where you WERE in fact really townreading me?

NY184.

So...
talah
talah
Mafia Scum
talah
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #186 (ISO) » Mon Nov 30, 2015 9:29 pm

Post by talah »

In post 40, Taly wrote:As for Titus, I am trying to sort her. The only games where we're both town is when we're bitching each other out. ;) Her reaction wasn't too serious, but it wasn't too defensive. I have a slight gut town lean on that, but that could change quickly.

Do you have a case on FA?

Yeah I'm leaning townish on Titus but she hasn't ever been an easy read for me - except that one time she was doing obviously-scummy things.

As far as a case goes - egh I can't say I really do comprehensive cases. But yes I do think Frozen is scum this game.

In post 40, Taly wrote:Plus, it is towny since RC, FA, and talah didn't just train Titus just for my read. FYI - in most circumstances, sheeping is null in my book - at best. :P

I actually think this is pretty meaningless (when it comes to me wagonning Titus, and I presume the same would hold for RC-town as well) since it's Titus. You might catch a total noob out trying to jump on a cheap wagon if they didn't know her but she's not exactly going to roll over as either alignment and is probably not someone scum want to push very hard unsolicited if she's town.

---
In post 43, JohnnyFarrar wrote:talah get less wordy, I had to stop myself from skimming.

I'll try. It's a bit easier if I'm not 6 pages behind.

In post 43, JohnnyFarrar wrote:@talah how often are you accused of going too hard too fast? (teehee) Also don't say butthurt it makes you look 13

I'll take this at face value and say "never" I guess.
I don't generally pissfart around during the early stages of games though if that's what you're asking about.

I'm pretty sure we played as scum together in Hip Hop Mafia a long while back? I was playing as an alt (schillinger) and replaced in for chkflk, I think you replaced or flaked and got lynched and Sleepykrew was the other scum.
Anyway I'm relatively satisfied you're town based on the difference here unless you've changed your playstyle completely.
Or unless I'm thinking of someone else entirely.

edit: @JF okay no worries.
JohnnyFarrar
JohnnyFarrar
Jack of All Trades
JohnnyFarrar
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #187 (ISO) » Mon Nov 30, 2015 9:32 pm

Post by JohnnyFarrar »

No I totally flaked that game. Wouldn't really take that as a representation of my scum play but that's definitely ego talking
RadiantCowbells
RadiantCowbells
He/him
Smooth Criminal
RadiantCowbells
He/him
Smooth Criminal
Smooth Criminal

Post Post #188 (ISO) » Mon Nov 30, 2015 9:34 pm

I actually think this is pretty meaningless (when it comes to me wagonning Titus, and I presume the same would hold for RC-town as well) since it's Titus. You might catch a total noob out trying to jump on a cheap wagon if they didn't know her but she's not exactly going to roll over as either alignment and is probably not someone scum want to push very hard unsolicited if she's town.

I don't recall Town!RC ever relenting from pressuring players that I think will be difficult.

I've gone so far as to fakeclaim cop when I'm positive on a scumread on a player who is going to be difficult to lynch.

(NEVER ONCE have I misdone a cop fakeclaim, nor have I done it in years, but it's something that is (was) in my repertoire)

In fact, I'd say the absolute best aspect of my town play is that I evaluate players based on how well I know they play scum.

I understand lynchbait. I'm rarely found lynching weak players.

I go for the big fish because they won't get lynched without me doing it personally.
RadiantCowbells
RadiantCowbells
He/him
Smooth Criminal
RadiantCowbells
He/him
Smooth Criminal
Smooth Criminal

Post Post #189 (ISO) » Mon Nov 30, 2015 9:35 pm

Also.

Do you want me to make a list of games where I get pissed off at people for not townreading me when they should, and using similar arguments?

It's not a short list.
RadiantCowbells
RadiantCowbells
He/him
Smooth Criminal
RadiantCowbells
He/him
Smooth Criminal
Smooth Criminal

Post Post #190 (ISO) » Mon Nov 30, 2015 9:38 pm

You have little to no experience with my play. You don't know how I react when people aren't townreading me.
I'm not sure if you're scum for being full of crap but if you aren't you should seriously reevaluate what you're reading me for.
talah
talah
Mafia Scum
talah
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #191 (ISO) » Mon Nov 30, 2015 9:39 pm

Post by talah »

In post 188, RadiantCowbells wrote:I go for the big fish because they won't get lynched without me doing it personally.

Which is sort of the point I think. I don't think as town or scum it would be a good play to try to lolwagons Titus.
RadiantCowbells
RadiantCowbells
He/him
Smooth Criminal
RadiantCowbells
He/him
Smooth Criminal
Smooth Criminal

Post Post #192 (ISO) » Mon Nov 30, 2015 9:40 pm

Which is sort of the point I think. I don't think as town or scum it would be a good play to try to lolwagons Titus.

Oh, and as for scum!RC being scared of picking a 1v1 with Titus?

Like, my fallback scum meta is literally pick 1v1s with strong town players and then towntell so neither of us get lynched and I can keep screaming for their lynch the rest of the game and bitching town out for it.

It's like, my favourite thing to do, you know.
JohnnyFarrar
JohnnyFarrar
Jack of All Trades
JohnnyFarrar
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #193 (ISO) » Mon Nov 30, 2015 9:41 pm

Post by JohnnyFarrar »

In post 191, talah wrote:
In post 188, RadiantCowbells wrote:I go for the big fish because they won't get lynched without me doing it personally.

I've seen scum Bells do exactly this very recently.
RadiantCowbells
RadiantCowbells
He/him
Smooth Criminal
RadiantCowbells
He/him
Smooth Criminal
Smooth Criminal

Post Post #194 (ISO) » Mon Nov 30, 2015 9:42 pm

http://forum.mafiascum.net/viewtopic.php?f=55&t=61784

Did it like 5 times in a row this game.

http://forum.mafiascum.net/viewtopic.php?f=2&t=63250

Joined and IMMEDIATELY and picked a fight with Adenine because he was so obvtown. He was mason.

http://forum.mafiascum.net/viewtopic.php?f=11&t=63637

Let's fight with BBT all day. I accidentally did get him lynched, but it's his fault for lurking.
RadiantCowbells
RadiantCowbells
He/him
Smooth Criminal
RadiantCowbells
He/him
Smooth Criminal
Smooth Criminal

Post Post #195 (ISO) » Mon Nov 30, 2015 9:44 pm

Like, Iceninja you LITERALLY just described my i-don't-know-anyone-here scum meta exactly and said that it's something I wouldn't do.

You don't know me.
JohnnyFarrar
JohnnyFarrar
Jack of All Trades
JohnnyFarrar
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #196 (ISO) » Mon Nov 30, 2015 9:47 pm

Post by JohnnyFarrar »

And thus Ice was thawed with all the burning passion of Bells' sweaty keyboard
RadiantCowbells
RadiantCowbells
He/him
Smooth Criminal
RadiantCowbells
He/him
Smooth Criminal
Smooth Criminal

Post Post #197 (ISO) » Mon Nov 30, 2015 9:49 pm

Oh yeah, I even did it literally with Titus specifically in a game with Johnny.

So, think about that.
talah
talah
Mafia Scum
talah
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #198 (ISO) » Mon Nov 30, 2015 9:52 pm

Post by talah »

Okay then I suppose I'm just speaking for myself then when it comes to Titus or not explaining myself well enough.

Taly offers essentialy a no-reason-sheep wagon for towncred.

I decline
You (say nothing but) decline
Frozen comes in later and essentially declines (by focussing on my vote but that's neither here nor there since it was a while afterward)

I don't think that sheeping Taly at that point was a good play town or scum, and therefore that Taly group-townleaning us based on us simply declining to sheep doesn't hold much water.
Your reasons for not doing so may differ and I think the Frozen entrance was late enough that the lean there would be invalid as well.
JohnnyFarrar
JohnnyFarrar
Jack of All Trades
JohnnyFarrar
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #199 (ISO) » Mon Nov 30, 2015 9:56 pm

Post by JohnnyFarrar »

I mean yeah there were no reads that I got from that whole thing, but I rarely find much to run with in those start-of-day-one-do-a-weird-thing-for-reads situations

Return to “Completed Mini Normal Games”