davesaz
He
Survivor
Survivor
Pronoun: He

Post Post #125 (ISO) » Mon Dec 14, 2015 5:54 pm

Post by davesaz »

Not sure why typing speed matters.
Wanna play Minecraft with your ms friends? Check out the minecraft thread, or the channel on discord
FA_Q2
FA_Q2
Mafia Scum
FA_Q2
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #126 (ISO) » Mon Dec 14, 2015 5:55 pm

Post by FA_Q2 »

In post 122, TheCow wrote:
In post 98, hawkleader3 wrote:Thank god. Claim time. My claim................is jailkeeper. That's why I was nervous before. I didn't want to be suspected of killed easily on the first day before my powers were put to good use. Oh well. It seems as if it's no use. I deal with pressure, I get voted on. I ignore pressure, I get voted on. So now it seems like everyone's just trying to find out who my scum partner is at this point because it's confirmed I'm scum. If this doesn't change your mind, I'm afraid nothing will.

Did you type this post on mobile?

Now that you have an answer would you care to state where you were going with this?
toolenduso
toolenduso
Mafia Scum
toolenduso
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #127 (ISO) » Mon Dec 14, 2015 5:55 pm

Post by toolenduso »

In post 119, Syndesis wrote:
In post 66, toolenduso wrote:Wasn't aware that people did it at L-2 as a rule. My vote's for L-1, that way scum doesn't get info on town PRs unless it's totally necessary to prevent town from lynching a PR.

Look at above post (115) (well it was above when I started typing). Look at this post.

Voila! I'm confused.

Left it out because I feel like all of this is obvious -- didn't think to explain it in detail and assumed that people understood that you don't need to claim until a hammer is imminent. That is, after all, the intent behind waiting until L-1 -- to prevent revealing PR info unless it's totally necessary.
"Half of the game is figuring out who the scum is. The other half is convincing everyone else that you're right." -- PlaysWithSquirrels, in Newbie 437
TheCow
TheCow
Goon
TheCow
Goon
Goon

Post Post #128 (ISO) » Mon Dec 14, 2015 5:56 pm

Post by TheCow »

So the post took you up to two minutes to write -- assuming no prep time -- and so he could have written the post within the four minutes after he was put to L-1.

"93 words", "53 WPM".
toolenduso
toolenduso
Mafia Scum
toolenduso
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #129 (ISO) » Mon Dec 14, 2015 5:57 pm

Post by toolenduso »

TheCow, ask yourself whether you think a scum player like hawk -- one who has admittedly not played in years and is therefore more or less a newb, would have a PR fakeclaim sitting around and ready to go this early in the game, and whether he would be actively waiting to post it.

Signs point to town PR, not fakeclaiming scum.
"Half of the game is figuring out who the scum is. The other half is convincing everyone else that you're right." -- PlaysWithSquirrels, in Newbie 437
Syndesis
Syndesis
Goon
Syndesis
Goon
Goon

Post Post #130 (ISO) » Mon Dec 14, 2015 6:00 pm

Post by Syndesis »

In post 124, FA_Q2 wrote:Then why even post this line.

Hi! I'm Syndesis. I like to talk to myself.

In post 127, toolenduso wrote:Left it out because I feel like all of this is obvious -- didn't think to explain it in detail and assumed that people understood that you don't need to claim until a hammer is imminent. That is, after all, the intent behind waiting until L-1 -- to prevent revealing PR info unless it's totally necessary.

The gentleness of sort of...contrasts with .

toolenduso wrote:TheCow, ask yourself whether you think a scum player like hawk -- one who has admittedly not played in years and is therefore more or less a newb, would have a PR fakeclaim sitting around and ready to go this early in the game, and whether he would be actively waiting to post it.

Signs point to town PR, not fakeclaiming scum.

I concur.

Man, it annoys me to no end that preview-quote doesn't add post links :((
and yet the flower blooming / both winter and death defies
TheCow
TheCow
Goon
TheCow
Goon
Goon

Post Post #131 (ISO) » Mon Dec 14, 2015 6:01 pm

Post by TheCow »

UNVOTE:

Need to research the player.
FA_Q2
FA_Q2
Mafia Scum
FA_Q2
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #132 (ISO) » Mon Dec 14, 2015 6:03 pm

Post by FA_Q2 »

In post 128, TheCow wrote:So the post took you up to two minutes to write -- assuming no prep time -- and so he could have written the post within the four minutes after he was put to L-1.

"93 words", "53 WPM".

You are trying to see if he had the post pre-done?

That seems unusual - I have been scum a few times and never would I have had a fake claim already typed up. I would have already decided what it was but not pre-typed the claim itself. You need to integrate the claim into the thread as it currently stands - not pre type it up and copy/past it into the thread. Further, timing is a rather inconsistent way of doing so as you are never going to see the L-1 at the exact time it is posted nor will you necessarily respond immediately.
toolenduso
toolenduso
Mafia Scum
toolenduso
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #133 (ISO) » Mon Dec 14, 2015 6:04 pm

Post by toolenduso »

In post 130, Syndesis wrote:The gentleness of sort of...contrasts with .

K.
hawkleader3
hawkleader3
Goon
hawkleader3
Goon
Goon

Post Post #134 (ISO) » Mon Dec 14, 2015 6:05 pm

Post by hawkleader3 »

In post 128, TheCow wrote:So the post took you up to two minutes to write -- assuming no prep time -- and so he could have written the post within the four minutes after he was put to L-1.

"93 words", "53 WPM".

Dang.....I've got no answer for that. I was using the bathroom while writing the post, but there's no way to prove that
TheCow
TheCow
Goon
TheCow
Goon
Goon

Post Post #135 (ISO) » Mon Dec 14, 2015 6:06 pm

Post by TheCow »

I was looking to see if it would automatically confirm it. Seeing as the result came up negative, that means it could be yes or no -- as opposed to a confirmed yes.
Swordsworth
Swordsworth
Townie
Swordsworth
Townie
Townie

Post Post #136 (ISO) » Mon Dec 14, 2015 6:07 pm

Post by Swordsworth »

I don't know whether to trust hawk's claim or not. I don't think it's that challenging to fakeclaim jailor in that fashion(there's appealing EVERYWHERE in it, with the "hope" and whatnot). But then, I am blind on meta, so perhaps hawk isn't skilled at it.

I'll leave my vote on for now.
hawkleader3
hawkleader3
Goon
hawkleader3
Goon
Goon

Post Post #137 (ISO) » Mon Dec 14, 2015 6:08 pm

Post by hawkleader3 »

I think if I was town or scum and I was creeping up on L-1, having a pre-written claim isn't exactly bad. Especially when I'm trying to evaluate my game as a whole as it takes a lot of preparation. Wouldn't want some quick hammer
Syndesis
Syndesis
Goon
Syndesis
Goon
Goon

Post Post #138 (ISO) » Mon Dec 14, 2015 6:09 pm

Post by Syndesis »

sometimes I prewrite claims as town js
Syndesis
Syndesis
Goon
Syndesis
Goon
Goon

Post Post #139 (ISO) » Mon Dec 14, 2015 6:12 pm

Post by Syndesis »

Hawk's been super jittery all game and I don't think he would fakeclaim.

Oh yeah! I wanted to chase this.

VOTE: FA_Q2
TheCow
TheCow
Goon
TheCow
Goon
Goon

Post Post #140 (ISO) » Mon Dec 14, 2015 6:26 pm

Post by TheCow »

Open498 - A total of four posts before replacement. Fire Goon. Punctuation is different, phrasing is different, etc. Latest game before leaving the site. No introduction post.
Micro280 - 12 posts before replacement. Town aligned.
hawkleader3 wrote:Hello guys, I always like to give a short introduction of myself at the start of the game because I feel weird not doing it. I am hawkleader3, but you may call me by any name that pops into your head at the moment or whatever is easiest to type (Hawk, HL3, Hawkleader, Confucius, etc.). I have played a total of 3.5 newbie games (.5 was when I replaced in as scum but the town got a perfect win. The game ended in a week), but since then, I have been off of this site for a good 6 months, so this could be considered my return. This is my first micro game thus also being my first game using this setup (which I think I will like BTW) and I wish everyone the best of luck.

Game lines up.
N1360(SE) - 26 posts. Town. Survived to endgame. Another introduction post. asdf asdf asdf too bored

===

Hawk, you've been on mobile for much of this game, I presume? I'd keep going but I'm damn lazy. Everything lines up with town!hawk. I'd recommend an unvote.
TheCow
TheCow
Goon
TheCow
Goon
Goon

Post Post #141 (ISO) » Mon Dec 14, 2015 6:29 pm

Post by TheCow »

I read through all of his games played on that account, didn't both writing up more than three.
hawkleader3
hawkleader3
Goon
hawkleader3
Goon
Goon

Post Post #142 (ISO) » Mon Dec 14, 2015 6:42 pm

Post by hawkleader3 »

Hahaha. How about my very first game. I think Micro 280 where I was a jailkeeper in that one too. And I was about to get lynched. And I was like "I'm jailkeeper" and poured my heart out like I was about to get hung IRL and then everyone was like ".....okay. Hawk 100% town" and I was like "Oh! That's nice!" Hahaha.
davesaz
davesaz
He
Survivor
davesaz
He
Survivor
Survivor
Pronoun: He

Post Post #143 (ISO) » Mon Dec 14, 2015 6:43 pm

Post by davesaz »

UNVOTE:
Wanna play Minecraft with your ms friends? Check out the minecraft thread, or the channel on discord
MoosyDoosy
MoosyDoosy
Goon
MoosyDoosy
Goon
Goon

Post Post #144 (ISO) » Mon Dec 14, 2015 6:55 pm

Post by MoosyDoosy »

Can we just look at toolenduso's reaction to hawk's claim real quick folks. I still kinda wanna lynch hawk tbh. Mainly because I want to see if he's scum or town. If he's scum then everything was all well and good with his reads. If he's town then that means Mafia somewhere threw an easy townread at me when I was posting super chaotically. Get my reasoning?
MoosyDoosy
MoosyDoosy
Goon
MoosyDoosy
Goon
Goon

Post Post #145 (ISO) » Mon Dec 14, 2015 7:00 pm

Post by MoosyDoosy »

In post 94, davesaz wrote:
In post 83, MoosyDoosy wrote:
On that note, I'm infamous for not reading OP's correctly. If I'm right, there's no list of possible roles in the game and they're selected at random right?

The roles in the game are crafted carefully to balance the town vs. scum, and then assigned randomly to whatever players sign up.

But I must ask, why do you feel it's necessary to mention you're infamous for that?

Oh, I played quite a bit on other sites. I think I have close to 15 town games and 1 scum game. At a certain point I was roaming around and signing up for every game I saw on the hopes that I would roll Mafia because I double bused my teammates for the win in my 1 Mafia game and I find playing Mafia very fun. But during the time I was roaming around, I frequently got PR's but never actually properly read the OP to understand the depth of it or even the proper use of my role. During that time I would also frequently do crazy D1 tactics as I really didn't care for the game if I rolled town and just spam things or troll in games. Then I realized I needed to take a break and am back after a few weeks of no Mafia. In the site I did play on, I'm notorious for trolling D1, not reading the OP properly, not knowing how to use my roles correctly, but am known for putting in work N1 onwards.
TheCow
TheCow
Goon
TheCow
Goon
Goon

Post Post #146 (ISO) » Mon Dec 14, 2015 7:01 pm

Post by TheCow »

After my investigation, I believe Hawke has a reasonable chance of flipping town. I'd advise against voting him.
FA_Q2
FA_Q2
Mafia Scum
FA_Q2
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #147 (ISO) » Mon Dec 14, 2015 7:04 pm

Post by FA_Q2 »

In post 139, Syndesis wrote:Hawk's been super jittery all game and I don't think he would fakeclaim.

Oh yeah! I wanted to chase this.

VOTE: FA_Q2

You should but you are going to need more than a naked vote to do so.

By all means - construct a case.
Syndesis
Syndesis
Goon
Syndesis
Goon
Goon

Post Post #148 (ISO) » Mon Dec 14, 2015 7:10 pm

Post by Syndesis »

In post 26, FA_Q2 wrote:Well, that is rather appeasing...

This.
MoosyDoosy
MoosyDoosy
Goon
MoosyDoosy
Goon
Goon

Post Post #149 (ISO) » Tue Dec 15, 2015 2:33 am

Post by MoosyDoosy »

In post 146, TheCow wrote:After my investigation, I believe Hawke has a reasonable chance of flipping town. I'd advise against voting him.

What exactly did you find?

Return to “Completed Mini Normal Games”